6.4

1. SeemoreButs
    Feb 20, 2008
    BAD

1) this game is bad is because on live you have to wait for people to finish there turns, and som e people take a long time doing that. 2) The music gets annoying really fast 3) lack of vehicles (such as aircraft) GOOD: 1) It is a great simple rts game with retro design 2) despite its issues on live (such as no being able to find matches) it is still fun to get
    BAD

2) The music gets annoying really fast

3) lack of vehicles (such as aircraft)

GOOD:

1) It is a great simple rts game with retro design

2) despite its issues on live (such as no being able to find matches) it is still fun to get friends in and play a 2v2 or free-for-all...

3) Campaign mode i pretty nice. story could use a little work though.
  2. leeharcourt
    Feb 13, 2008
    correction: if you liked advance wars, you'll find commanders a complete pile lacking in every aspect that advance wars excels in. while it isn't terrible, you can do much much better with the plethora of original and entertaining turn-based strategy titles that have come out in the past decade. sierra's cyber wars must be less than a dollar by now.
  3. ObeydM.
    Feb 14, 2008
    This game is good simple fun and is very addicting once you start playing it.
  4. JamesM.
    Mar 10, 2008
    Very similar to Advance Wars on the DS - not quite as good but then it's under half the price so, for the money, excellent.
  5. Jun 17, 2011
    Not a bad game, actual gameplay is good and it can be quite addictive. The one thing that would have made this game much better is if it had some sort of technology development system. Because of this lack depth in the game it gets a 7. Would recommend giving this game a shot, after all its ony about £5 off of xbox live.
  6. Aug 5, 2011
    Was not feeling this game really, I go back to it from time to time because I normally like turn based games and i would like the achievements from the game haha. But it for me is really really slow and have not been willing to put the effort in to finish the game. I have not been yet stopped on the campaign by the computer but its just so slow moving that i dont wanna sit there. There isWas not feeling this game really, I go back to it from time to time because I normally like turn based games and i would like the achievements from the game haha. But it for me is really really slow and have not been willing to put the effort in to finish the game. I have not been yet stopped on the campaign by the computer but its just so slow moving that i dont wanna sit there. There is a lot of "padding" in the campaign. Expand

1. From start to finish, it’s a fun experience and deserves to be drafted into most gamers’ Xbox LIVE Arcade library.
    The game is a fun distraction as a single player game and a good amount of fun when playing online.
  3. Commanders is a fine addition to Xbox LIVE Arcade. Not only does this game fall under the genre that has a lacklustre presence on Microsoft's online service, it is also an excellent title in itself. If you like Advance Wars on the DS, this game will be right up your alley. The graphics make the game feel fresh and give it its own face.