7.4

1. Apr 26, 2011
    Pretty much God of War with some different graphics and story. Very well done except in a few spots camera just didn't seem right but fully playable none the less. Call it "Cliche" but similar enough to God of War to justify a score of at least 8. The game is short (7hr) with little replay value as are almost all hack and slash games. If you take that into account and don't overpay (ie $20Pretty much God of War with some different graphics and story. Very well done except in a few spots camera just didn't seem right but fully playable none the less. Call it "Cliche" but similar enough to God of War to justify a score of at least 8. The game is short (7hr) with little replay value as are almost all hack and slash games. If you take that into account and don't overpay (ie $20 or less) than I think you'll be happy. Expand
  2. Jan 19, 2012
    I wanted to like this game but I couldnt. Its too much of a God Of War rip off and does no justice took the series its based off of. Its insanely violent (which is a good thing) and it can be fun but an uneven difficulty makes it insanely hard at times (even on easy). Dont bother wasting your time on this game.
  3. Mar 6, 2011
    While Conan borrows elements from god of war it's ultimately not as satisfying, the graphics make it look like a PS2 game, and the voice acting is bad, which hurts the pretty good story, controls are great, the elements it borrows from god of war are the fixed camera which never gave me a real problem, and the brutal combo based combat, my only complaints are that it's pretty short, andWhile Conan borrows elements from god of war it's ultimately not as satisfying, the graphics make it look like a PS2 game, and the voice acting is bad, which hurts the pretty good story, controls are great, the elements it borrows from god of war are the fixed camera which never gave me a real problem, and the brutal combo based combat, my only complaints are that it's pretty short, and the plat forming sections suck, and there is no multiplayer only leader boards, all in all if you like the genre this is one you might want to try out. Expand
  4. Mar 26, 2012
    Conan was disappointing, yes, but what with the huge amount of hack 'n slash button mashers on the market today maybe I'm expecting too much. It just seems totally generic; the half-assed story nobody really cares about, laughable dialogue and unlikeable characters. The combat system is okay, as long as you're the one dealing out damage - the enemy AI is extremely poor, and if you take theConan was disappointing, yes, but what with the huge amount of hack 'n slash button mashers on the market today maybe I'm expecting too much. It just seems totally generic; the half-assed story nobody really cares about, laughable dialogue and unlikeable characters. The combat system is okay, as long as you're the one dealing out damage - the enemy AI is extremely poor, and if you take the time to sit back and watch them attack you, you'll see just how little effort went into it. The unlock system was fine enough, if unoriginal. There's a huge amount of gore, and some nice variation between the combos, but these aren't enough to really define Conan amongst the midst of near-identical hack 'n slashers. Add in the poor graphics and bug-riddled gameplay, and you've got a pretty lacklustre title. Collapse
  5. Jun 21, 2012
    Conan is a really good game, the game helps you remember the glory of the PS2 days as it feels like it shares much of the same quality's. Great and in-depth Gameplay that also set you on an adventure. Really Enjoyed it Great Game !
  6. Apr 25, 2012
    This was more enjoyable than Dante's Inferno, or any of the God of War games. The secret sauce comes from severing your enemies limbs, watching all of the blood, and leveling up the combat system. You can beat the whole game just mashing X or Y, but that isn't very much fun. Some of the boss fights were a little frustrating, but less so once you improve at the game.
  7. Aug 3, 2014
    I have had this game forever and finally decided to sit down and play it a bit....I was surprised but I actually enjoyed this game more than I thought. The combat is pretty good but can get frustrating at times. Overall it was fast paced and fun, especially when you get on a roll and lay into a few guys....what was annoying sometimes though was the lack of AI attacking at times unless youI have had this game forever and finally decided to sit down and play it a bit....I was surprised but I actually enjoyed this game more than I thought. The combat is pretty good but can get frustrating at times. Overall it was fast paced and fun, especially when you get on a roll and lay into a few guys....what was annoying sometimes though was the lack of AI attacking at times unless you attacked first, just so they could block and counter attack or whatever. which brings me to the next one, the enemies that just block block block, until you break it. That got a bit old at times.

The acting was corny but overall I thought the story was decent.

My biggest complaint about this game was the difficulty of the final boss.....what a pain in the butt.

Overall (even though I pointed out most of the things I didn't like in this review) I enjoyed the game. worth the buy if you like hack n slash, especially at how cheap you can get it for now a days.
  8. Nov 10, 2012
    I really enjoyed this game. Very satisfying hacking and slashing my way through the levels. The cheesy storyline was an added bonus! If you want a cheap and cheerful hack and slash game, I personally think you can't go wrong with this one.
  9. Jan 30, 2013
    A really bland third person hack-n-slash button masher. Nothing really special about it at all. A bit of a shame as the lore of the Conan universe is allot deeper than this. Overall: Nothing special, a completely forgettable game that is neither good or bad.
  10. Mar 26, 2012

1. The lack of real depth to the combat engine means it'll never match up to the standard of its loftier genre peers, and the absence of any co-op or multiplayer mode in a game this demented is inexcusable, but it does make for a more shamelessly enjoyable blade-swinging romp than the similar but oh-so-dull "Heavenly Sword." And it has more naked boobs.
  2. On the one hand it's highly entertaining and almost obscenely violent and crude, but for a next-gen title with a next-gen price tag it doesn't quite deliver.
  3. Conan appeared on the Xbox 360 out of nowhere like a thief in the night, and like its titular hero, it is brutal, powerful, and very rough around the edges.