7.4

1. JasonL.
    Oct 30, 2007
    Some of the best combos I've seen and ultimately fun gameplay wrapped up in frustrating boss battles, PS2 graphics, a boring story and annoying glitches. This game is about 6 hours in total length with no muliplayer or co-op, do yourself a favor and rent it.
  2. A.C.
    Nov 19, 2007
    I have to be one of the biggest Conan fans ever! I was really disappointed with the mis placed Voice Acting for Conan. No one can deny that Arnold brought a true taste of exotic barbarianism to the character of Conan, which in fact was right on the money. This game's v.o. sounds more like a 21 year old California college actor than a true exotic barbarian....it really takes me out of I have to be one of the biggest Conan fans ever! I was really disappointed with the mis placed Voice Acting for Conan. No one can deny that Arnold brought a true taste of exotic barbarianism to the character of Conan, which in fact was right on the money. This game's v.o. sounds more like a 21 year old California college actor than a true exotic barbarian....it really takes me out of game. Some of the power combos are non reactive as well, you can do them, but it seems more like luck percentage of executed them than actual skill. Collapse
  3. BDub
    Oct 25, 2007
    I am a couple of hours into this. For those that care about how much they spend, I should state that this is probably more of a rental. I was in need of a good action hack and slash and this filled the void. Had it came out after Assassins Creed or maybe even Beowulf i may never have bought it, or maybe i would have when it hit the $30 price tag. I don't really regret the purchase, I am a couple of hours into this. For those that care about how much they spend, I should state that this is probably more of a rental. I was in need of a good action hack and slash and this filled the void. Had it came out after Assassins Creed or maybe even Beowulf i may never have bought it, or maybe i would have when it hit the $30 price tag. I don't really regret the purchase, but i'm not exactly frugal. The game plays identically to Lord Of The Rings Return Of The King for the xbox, with improved graphics and weaker replayability (because you can't play as multiple characters or replay levels to increase your abilities). Definitely a violent game, which is nice. IF you are in need of some good hack and slash RIGHT NOW, get it. Otherwise wait to see how Beowulf pans out, and Assassins Creed is going to blow everything out of the water, but won't be just hack and slash. I don't see myself playing Conan much longer than a week seeing as Xbox is finally going to start relentlessly dumping awesome games on us in the next month (why couldn't they have spread these games out over the last year which was dead for new games). Expand
  4. Mar 6, 2011
    While Conan borrows elements from god of war it's ultimately not as satisfying, the graphics make it look like a PS2 game, and the voice acting is bad, which hurts the pretty good story, controls are great, the elements it borrows from god of war are the fixed camera which never gave me a real problem, and the brutal combo based combat, my only complaints are that it's pretty short, andWhile Conan borrows elements from god of war it's ultimately not as satisfying, the graphics make it look like a PS2 game, and the voice acting is bad, which hurts the pretty good story, controls are great, the elements it borrows from god of war are the fixed camera which never gave me a real problem, and the brutal combo based combat, my only complaints are that it's pretty short, and the plat forming sections suck, and there is no multiplayer only leader boards, all in all if you like the genre this is one you might want to try out. Expand
  5. Mar 26, 2012
    Conan was disappointing, yes, but what with the huge amount of hack 'n slash button mashers on the market today maybe I'm expecting too much. It just seems totally generic; the half-assed story nobody really cares about, laughable dialogue and unlikeable characters. The combat system is okay, as long as you're the one dealing out damage - the enemy AI is extremely poor, and if you take theConan was disappointing, yes, but what with the huge amount of hack 'n slash button mashers on the market today maybe I'm expecting too much. It just seems totally generic; the half-assed story nobody really cares about, laughable dialogue and unlikeable characters. The combat system is okay, as long as you're the one dealing out damage - the enemy AI is extremely poor, and if you take the time to sit back and watch them attack you, you'll see just how little effort went into it. The unlock system was fine enough, if unoriginal. There's a huge amount of gore, and some nice variation between the combos, but these aren't enough to really define Conan amongst the midst of near-identical hack 'n slashers. Add in the poor graphics and bug-riddled gameplay, and you've got a pretty lacklustre title. Expand
  6. Aug 3, 2014
    I have had this game forever and finally decided to sit down and play it a bit....I was surprised but I actually enjoyed this game more than I thought. The combat is pretty good but can get frustrating at times. Overall it was fast paced and fun, especially when you get on a roll and lay into a few guys....what was annoying sometimes though was the lack of AI attacking at times unless youI have had this game forever and finally decided to sit down and play it a bit....I was surprised but I actually enjoyed this game more than I thought. The combat is pretty good but can get frustrating at times. Overall it was fast paced and fun, especially when you get on a roll and lay into a few guys....what was annoying sometimes though was the lack of AI attacking at times unless you attacked first, just so they could block and counter attack or whatever. which brings me to the next one, the enemies that just block block block, until you break it. That got a bit old at times.

The acting was corny but overall I thought the story was decent.

My biggest complaint about this game was the difficulty of the final boss.....what a pain in the butt.

Overall (even though I pointed out most of the things I didn't like in this review) I enjoyed the game. worth the buy if you like hack n slash, especially at how cheap you can get it for now a days.
  7. Jan 30, 2013
    A really bland third person hack-n-slash button masher. Nothing really special about it at all. A bit of a shame as the lore of the Conan universe is allot deeper than this. Overall: Nothing special, a completely forgettable game that is neither good or bad.

1. The lack of real depth to the combat engine means it'll never match up to the standard of its loftier genre peers, and the absence of any co-op or multiplayer mode in a game this demented is inexcusable, but it does make for a more shamelessly enjoyable blade-swinging romp than the similar but oh-so-dull "Heavenly Sword." And it has more naked boobs.
  2. On the one hand it's highly entertaining and almost obscenely violent and crude, but for a next-gen title with a next-gen price tag it doesn't quite deliver.
  3. Conan appeared on the Xbox 360 out of nowhere like a thief in the night, and like its titular hero, it is brutal, powerful, and very rough around the edges.