7.4

1. Apr 26, 2011
    Pretty much God of War with some different graphics and story. Very well done except in a few spots camera just didn't seem right but fully playable none the less. Call it "Cliche" but similar enough to God of War to justify a score of at least 8. The game is short (7hr) with little replay value as are almost all hack and slash games. If you take that into account and don't overpay (ie $20Pretty much God of War with some different graphics and story. Very well done except in a few spots camera just didn't seem right but fully playable none the less. Call it "Cliche" but similar enough to God of War to justify a score of at least 8. The game is short (7hr) with little replay value as are almost all hack and slash games. If you take that into account and don't overpay (ie $20 or less) than I think you'll be happy. Expand
  2. ShawnO
    Oct 20, 2007
    Fun Game, 360's take on God of War. Most underated game of 07
  3. DanA.
    Oct 23, 2007
    hells yeah - hack and slash like it used to be! no holds barred, they need to make more games like this, constant fun.
  4. JonS.
    Oct 16, 2007
    This may be the bloodiest game of all time. It's an absolute blast to chop and kill your way through the hoards of hyboria. It's rough, true, but worth it.
  5. BrianM.
    Oct 26, 2007
    Game looks very much like the Dark Horse comic. I'm really enjoying the gameplay. The only thing that could use some work is the camera. It's something you get used to after awhile, but would have been nice to be able to control it.
  6. TonyM.
    Oct 30, 2007
    Must agree that this is a very underated game. people keep comparing it to god of war, which to me is not so...because this game has true physics system, there are rag-doll effects which makes a world of difference in hack and slash games and shooter games. in god of war, its all animated death scenes...every enemy dies the same...whats the fun in that? in conan, you can slice a guys head Must agree that this is a very underated game. people keep comparing it to god of war, which to me is not so...because this game has true physics system, there are rag-doll effects which makes a world of difference in hack and slash games and shooter games. in god of war, its all animated death scenes...every enemy dies the same...whats the fun in that? in conan, you can slice a guys head of and he tumbles down the steps...can god of war do a simple thing like that?...no. also this game has real weapons and not blades on chains and whatever crap that god of war looser uses. "the graphics are ps2" someone says below...i suggest that person to check his eyesight...or maybe clean his tv screen...because conan has great graphics, they are designed to be just like the comic books. the only one instance where this game may not be your cup of tea, is if you dont like conan in the first place. for example, im not so crazy about sonic the hedgedog...it wouldnt matter to me if they created a game of sonic that looked and played like halo...i still would not like it. so, there you have it....go buy it. its classic, its great fun. Expand
  7. robert
    Mar 3, 2009
    I must say i was debating wether to pick this up or not but boy am i glad i did. This is the most brutally fun game i think i've ever played. The ammount of combos rival that of ninja gaiden and they are all verry bloody and verry satisfying to pull off. Don't let the bad reviews fool you, this is an awesome,brutal slice and dice game :P
  8. Conando
    Dec 17, 2009
    I can't believe how this game has a metascore of 69! Thats just way too low, when turds like Tomb Raider Underworld rate higher?!?! Conan is after all just great fun (albeit in small doses, a hour or two max at a time). This is a great button masher with a reasonable amount of combos and button sequences to learn. Makes me laugh all the time with over-the top macho one-liners, hammy I can't believe how this game has a metascore of 69! Thats just way too low, when turds like Tomb Raider Underworld rate higher?!?! Conan is after all just great fun (albeit in small doses, a hour or two max at a time). This is a great button masher with a reasonable amount of combos and button sequences to learn. Makes me laugh all the time with over-the top macho one-liners, hammy voice-acting and gratutious violence! This is a great game if you like slightly old school hack and slash adventure action. Not too complicated, yet there is sufficient depth (well maybe not depth but some evolution as the game progresses) to the button mashing involved. Some bosses can be a pain in the bum, but the game does give you checkpoints (sometimes several checkpoints for each lengthy boss fight). I would really like to see a sequel! Someone described the fighting mechanic "your turn, my turn" which is true - the fights go on like this most of the time so they aren't very dynamic. But things like ragdoll physics and the utter madness of the violence and gore of some moves give this a nice counterbalance. Also the graphics are slightly sub par, but on occassion they amaze - I was particularly happy with the 2nd level dragon boss. That was a pleasant surprise graphics wise. To recap, this is a keeper in my opinion, buy it for a bargain you might not regret if you like a simple but fun old school action adventure. Sometimes you find gems among games that rank low in Metacritic. To me Conan definitely is such a gem! Check it out! Expand
  9. MW
    Apr 8, 2008
    Fantastic game and a brilliant representation of the Conan Universe. Great graphics and good production make this title so much fun..it's hard not to love being the brutal cimmerian. A must buy for any fan of the Conan world or of simply enjoyable gameplay.
  10. Jun 21, 2012
    Conan is a really good game, the game helps you remember the glory of the PS2 days as it feels like it shares much of the same quality's. Great and in-depth Gameplay that also set you on an adventure. Really Enjoyed it Great Game !
  11. Apr 25, 2012
    This was more enjoyable than Dante's Inferno, or any of the God of War games. The secret sauce comes from severing your enemies limbs, watching all of the blood, and leveling up the combat system. You can beat the whole game just mashing X or Y, but that isn't very much fun. Some of the boss fights were a little frustrating, but less so once you improve at the game.
  12. Nov 10, 2012
    I really enjoyed this game. Very satisfying hacking and slashing my way through the levels. The cheesy storyline was an added bonus! If you want a cheap and cheerful hack and slash game, I personally think you can't go wrong with this one.

1. The lack of real depth to the combat engine means it'll never match up to the standard of its loftier genre peers, and the absence of any co-op or multiplayer mode in a game this demented is inexcusable, but it does make for a more shamelessly enjoyable blade-swinging romp than the similar but oh-so-dull "Heavenly Sword." And it has more naked boobs.
  2. On the one hand it's highly entertaining and almost obscenely violent and crude, but for a next-gen title with a next-gen price tag it doesn't quite deliver.
  3. Conan appeared on the Xbox 360 out of nowhere like a thief in the night, and like its titular hero, it is brutal, powerful, and very rough around the edges.