7.4

1. Jan 30, 2013
    A really bland third person hack-n-slash button masher. Nothing really special about it at all. A bit of a shame as the lore of the Conan universe is allot deeper than this. Overall: Nothing special, a completely forgettable game that is neither good or bad.
  2. Nov 10, 2012
    I really enjoyed this game. Very satisfying hacking and slashing my way through the levels. The cheesy storyline was an added bonus! If you want a cheap and cheerful hack and slash game, I personally think you can't go wrong with this one.
  3. Jun 21, 2012
    Conan is a really good game, the game helps you remember the glory of the PS2 days as it feels like it shares much of the same quality's. Great and in-depth Gameplay that also set you on an adventure. Really Enjoyed it Great Game !
  4. Apr 25, 2012
    This was more enjoyable than Dante's Inferno, or any of the God of War games. The secret sauce comes from severing your enemies limbs, watching all of the blood, and leveling up the combat system. You can beat the whole game just mashing X or Y, but that isn't very much fun. Some of the boss fights were a little frustrating, but less so once you improve at the game.
  5. Mar 26, 2012
    Conan was disappointing, yes, but what with the huge amount of hack 'n slash button mashers on the market today maybe I'm expecting too much. It just seems totally generic; the half-assed story nobody really cares about, laughable dialogue and unlikeable characters. The combat system is okay, as long as you're the one dealing out damage - the enemy AI is extremely poor, and if you take the time to sit back and watch them attack you, you'll see just how little effort went into it. The unlock system was fine enough, if unoriginal. There's a huge amount of gore, and some nice variation between the combos, but these aren't enough to really define Conan amongst the midst of near-identical hack 'n slashers. Add in the poor graphics and bug-riddled gameplay, and you've got a pretty lacklustre title. Expand
  6. Jan 19, 2012
    I wanted to like this game but I couldnt. Its too much of a God Of War rip off and does no justice took the series its based off of. Its insanely violent (which is a good thing) and it can be fun but an uneven difficulty makes it insanely hard at times (even on easy). Dont bother wasting your time on this game.
  7. Apr 26, 2011
    Pretty much God of War with some different graphics and story. Very well done except in a few spots camera just didn't seem right but fully playable none the less. Call it "Cliche" but similar enough to God of War to justify a score of at least 8. The game is short (7hr) with little replay value as are almost all hack and slash games. If you take that into account and don't overpay (ie $20 or less) than I think you'll be happy. Expand
  8. Mar 6, 2011
    While Conan borrows elements from god of war it's ultimately not as satisfying, the graphics make it look like a PS2 game, and the voice acting is bad, which hurts the pretty good story, controls are great, the elements it borrows from god of war are the fixed camera which never gave me a real problem, and the brutal combo based combat, my only complaints are that it's pretty short, and the plat forming sections suck, and there is no multiplayer only leader boards, all in all if you like the genre this is one you might want to try out. Expand
  9. Conando
    Dec 17, 2009
    I can't believe how this game has a metascore of 69! Thats just way too low, when turds like Tomb Raider Underworld rate higher?!?! Conan is after all just great fun (albeit in small doses, a hour or two max at a time). This is a great button masher with a reasonable amount of combos and button sequences to learn. Makes me laugh all the time with over-the top macho one-liners, hammy voice-acting and gratutious violence! This is a great game if you like slightly old school hack and slash adventure action. Not too complicated, yet there is sufficient depth (well maybe not depth but some evolution as the game progresses) to the button mashing involved. Some bosses can be a pain in the bum, but the game does give you checkpoints (sometimes several checkpoints for each lengthy boss fight). I would really like to see a sequel! Someone described the fighting mechanic "your turn, my turn" which is true - the fights go on like this most of the time so they aren't very dynamic. But things like ragdoll physics and the utter madness of the violence and gore of some moves give this a nice counterbalance. Also the graphics are slightly sub par, but on occassion they amaze - I was particularly happy with the 2nd level dragon boss. That was a pleasant surprise graphics wise. To recap, this is a keeper in my opinion, buy it for a bargain you might not regret if you like a simple but fun old school action adventure. Sometimes you find gems among games that rank low in Metacritic. To me Conan definitely is such a gem! Check it out! Collapse

1. The lack of real depth to the combat engine means it'll never match up to the standard of its loftier genre peers, and the absence of any co-op or multiplayer mode in a game this demented is inexcusable, but it does make for a more shamelessly enjoyable blade-swinging romp than the similar but oh-so-dull "Heavenly Sword." And it has more naked boobs.
  2. On the one hand it's highly entertaining and almost obscenely violent and crude, but for a next-gen title with a next-gen price tag it doesn't quite deliver.
  3. Conan appeared on the Xbox 360 out of nowhere like a thief in the night, and like its titular hero, it is brutal, powerful, and very rough around the edges.