Condemned: Criminal Origins Xbox 360

• Release Date: Nov 16, 2005
  • Also On: PC
8.2

1. Feb 10, 2012
    The best 360 game that hardly anyone has played. Others are complaining about it being boring because you just walk around with a pipe and hit people but seriously that's what this game is. You have to use your environment to your advantage, they aren't going to through you a AK47 so you can just blow through the game. Take the game for what it is and enjoy it. The atmosphere is the bestThe best 360 game that hardly anyone has played. Others are complaining about it being boring because you just walk around with a pipe and hit people but seriously that's what this game is. You have to use your environment to your advantage, they aren't going to through you a AK47 so you can just blow through the game. Take the game for what it is and enjoy it. The atmosphere is the best part about it and it was very rewarding to play all the through to the end. Amazing. Expand
  2. Feb 10, 2016
    One of the first 360 games therefore it's obviously not a very good looking game but if you put it back in its context it looked average at the time. No major bugs during my playthrough only some minor problems with the hit box of some weapon but nothing serious and the game plays itself very well. In fact its melee fights are really impressive and I'm surprised no other games copied itOne of the first 360 games therefore it's obviously not a very good looking game but if you put it back in its context it looked average at the time. No major bugs during my playthrough only some minor problems with the hit box of some weapon but nothing serious and the game plays itself very well. In fact its melee fights are really impressive and I'm surprised no other games copied it you can really feel the strength of a punch with also realistic gun aiming where you can't headshot every bullet.

The game offers a nice horrific story and most importantly in horror games a great mood, every location is spooky, great sound design, some jump scares a really good horror game. In hard difficulty it took me about 9 hours to finish the game (looking for collectibles in the mean time), it's a little short and it ends on a cliffhanger, I would have loved that the game offered a second part to its story, even more now that I know how Condemned 2 starts, there is clearly a blank space that could have been filled.

All in all Condemned is a good horrific game with an original combat system, but a short length, average graphics and some minor hick-ups in the gameplay the defaults that doesn't make this game great.
  3. May 27, 2012
    A true underated gem! One of my favorite games this generation and of all time. This game is true survival horror that is actually fun to play! It contends with Dead Space for best survival horror series of all time. I've been wishing for a Condemned 3 game forever now! So many great moments in this game!
  4. Jun 17, 2011
    Bueno pues este juego es bueno.
    El sistema de juego es un poco confuso, la historia es buena pero deja cosas sueltas.
    La dificultad es buena pero algo loca de repente.
    Comprenlo, rentelo, cambienlo , pidanlo prestado, da igual pero jueguen lo ya.
  5. Apr 7, 2015
    A creepy, story driven, first person shooter. You play the role of a detective gone rogue to solve a murder case involving multiple serial killers. Condemned: Criminal Origins' thrusts you into a chilling, mysterious world, where you must use your wits to survive. It is a worthwhile experience, and is one of Sega's best games.

However, it is not without its flaws. Graphically speaking

However, it is not without its flaws. Graphically speaking it is not very beautiful, and there are bugs that disrupt gameplay. As well defense mechanisms are sorely lacking; this is probably the weakest area of the game. Your character's attributes are mainly offensive. While playing it becomes frustrating when it is apparent that you cannot duck, block, or zoom, and you get winded after a few seconds.

But that does not ruin the game entirely. You should give this a try. The pros outweigh the cons.
  6. JimN.
    Jan 8, 2007
    Great AI, next to no glitch's and disterbingly realistic surroundings.
  7. StefanB.
    Jan 1, 2006
    One of my Top 3 Launchgames of the Xbox 360. Shocking atmosphere, nice textures, perfect sound. I need Condemned 2 ;)
  8. J.Aronovitch
    Jan 20, 2006
    Just when you thought that an original videogame was few and far between, along comes Condemned. The game is scary and intense. First person view enhanses the scare factor. Condemned is richly detailed with sound effects that immerse the gamer into the creepy Condemned environment. The AI is top notch and there are plenty of weapons to choose from. This is the Halo of survival horror Just when you thought that an original videogame was few and far between, along comes Condemned. The game is scary and intense. First person view enhanses the scare factor. Condemned is richly detailed with sound effects that immerse the gamer into the creepy Condemned environment. The AI is top notch and there are plenty of weapons to choose from. This is the Halo of survival horror games. Turn down the lights, turn up the sound and be prepared to be afraid. Very afraid. Expand
  9. RyanM.
    Apr 21, 2006
    This Game I bought with the 360 when i first got it and it was a really swet game and i really injoyed it i have beat it 2 times now and im thinkin of beatin g it again but i hated how there wasent any online but i still liked single player.I hope a number 2 comes out cause i would really injoy playin it.
  10. SamJ.
    May 27, 2007
    Feels to me sooo much like silent hill atmospherically. and thats good!!! this game is sweet. actually scary, unlike many so called horror games. as much as i loved it, even resident evil 4 wasnt scary. massive detail, though a little short. heaps of fun, highly recommended.
  11. C.Robb
    Jun 3, 2009
    Its going to be a while we meet a perfect 10/10 horror game, the closest being this followed closely by resident evil 4. This game is actually one of my favourate games ever. I think alot of peoples problem is that they dont let themselves get immersed into the atmosphere and too busy criticising graphics, bugs etc. This game is brilliant and I have never played a game thats immersed meIts going to be a while we meet a perfect 10/10 horror game, the closest being this followed closely by resident evil 4. This game is actually one of my favourate games ever. I think alot of peoples problem is that they dont let themselves get immersed into the atmosphere and too busy criticising graphics, bugs etc. This game is brilliant and I have never played a game thats immersed me and made me truely terrified by the end. Yes it didnt have the best graphics and the best story but the confusion and on-the-edge wonderment is what made me want to push on. There was some truely scary bits which made me too scared to be rational, one in the department store and in the school. The only real problems I have with the game is some sound issues, there some cutscenes or moments where I thought to myself that the intesity could of been massivly improved if they put in a certain sfx. Overall excellent example of gritty, realistic yet paranormal elements horror game Expand
  12. ScottP.
    Mar 15, 2006
    The first game I played on my 360 and certainly one of the most visually impressive games to date. The attmosphere in this game is fantastic making it a real 'edge of the seat' game that has geniune scares. The hand to hand/melee attack that is mainly used in this game is easily the best I have found in an FPS and once you get used to blocking enemy attacks it really can be The first game I played on my 360 and certainly one of the most visually impressive games to date. The attmosphere in this game is fantastic making it a real 'edge of the seat' game that has geniune scares. The hand to hand/melee attack that is mainly used in this game is easily the best I have found in an FPS and once you get used to blocking enemy attacks it really can be rewarding for such a basic system. However this does lead to some repettion and although the use of some great environments and already mentioned attmosphere due to both the fantastic graphics and wonderful sound does save the game, overall this game could have been even better with a bit more vareity maybe more guns and less of common trying to find a particular wepaon to open a door etc. Overall though one of the most original and overall great games from the 360 launch. Expand
  13. JamesL.
    Mar 16, 2006
    Yes, this game is realy cool. Beating the crap out of someone with a pipe what else is there to say.
  14. DarrenD.
    Sep 30, 2007
    My first 360 game upon release and a brilliant surprise. Very dark atmosphere and it'll make you jump out your seat a few times. Nice idea for a game and it's definatley still worth buying now at a cheaper price.
  15. JimmyCrackcorn
    Nov 21, 2005
    This is a great game, really creepy and gritty. While there's only one game mode it is really fun. This and Resident Evil 4 are the only games I've played where I felt uncomfortable, and that is a good testiment to the gameplay. These enemies seem real. They attack with ferocity and your attacks feel like they do a good amount of actual damage to them. The enivornmental weapons This is a great game, really creepy and gritty. While there's only one game mode it is really fun. This and Resident Evil 4 are the only games I've played where I felt uncomfortable, and that is a good testiment to the gameplay. These enemies seem real. They attack with ferocity and your attacks feel like they do a good amount of actual damage to them. The enivornmental weapons are great, no more just finding bullets everywhere, pull down that sign and go to work! A great pick up for the xbox 360 and absolutely necessary for anyone who likes horror games. A point off for the sort of slow start the game has and the way too-spoon-fed forensic sequences that don't let you figure it out on your own. Expand
  16. BobA.
    Nov 22, 2005
    I played this game for the first time and was blown away.
  17. J.Rosen
    Dec 1, 2005
    I didnt like it at first, but it really grew on me really fast. I love this game. I jumped out of my seat more than once. Its like Max payne, but scary.
  18. Bass
    Jun 21, 2006
    Although not a perfect game, Condemned is a well executed and original survival horror that made a nice addition to the 360 launch line up. Both graphics and audio are impressive and help to create a vivid and tense atmosphere, and there is a nice balance between exploration and FPS melee combat. However, whilst Condemned is by no means dull or unforgetable, you come away with the feeling Although not a perfect game, Condemned is a well executed and original survival horror that made a nice addition to the 360 launch line up. Both graphics and audio are impressive and help to create a vivid and tense atmosphere, and there is a nice balance between exploration and FPS melee combat. However, whilst Condemned is by no means dull or unforgetable, you come away with the feeling that the title could have been so much more. The excellent presentation is slightly undermined by some repetitive gameplay and a at times unresponsive control system, and the sections where you must investigate and use your forensic equipment feel underdeveloped. With only 10 chapters its also a short game as well that can be finished in a weekend, but overall Condemned is an enjoyable and creepy experience that should satisfy both survival horror and FPS fans alike. Expand
  19. TimmyC.
    Nov 25, 2005
    I think this is the best xbox 360 game so far!
  20. Jan 16, 2011
    If you want some scares and a generally terrifying atmosphere, Condemned is for you. So many moments of sheer terror come to mind when I think of this game, and it still has one of the best climaxes of any video game I have ever played. The minor complaints I have about the game are that combat is meh and the very last level feels unnecessary. What made it even more scary last time IIf you want some scares and a generally terrifying atmosphere, Condemned is for you. So many moments of sheer terror come to mind when I think of this game, and it still has one of the best climaxes of any video game I have ever played. The minor complaints I have about the game are that combat is meh and the very last level feels unnecessary. What made it even more scary last time I played Condemned was I accidentally had the brightness setting all the way down, so if you want an even more intense experience I suggest that. Expand
  21. Apr 5, 2012
    if you dont own this buy it. dont pay rent dont pay the power buy this. Very freaky one of the most scary games of the xbox, it has that feeling bout it when you find a good horror game. cant say too much as it will spoil it but a must for every collection. Oh and buy a 12 pack of undies you will need them
  22. Nov 26, 2011
    Very atmospheric game, with a kind of "Fight Club" gritty dirty-ness to it. Constantly had that tense, scary feel to it all. the graphics are a bit rough, (think xbox kinda) but that's a small gripe when you compare it to the overall survival horror feel to it all. Good scary stuff here. Really.
  23. Feb 23, 2015
    One of my favorite games of all time. Its one of those games for me that the graphics do not matter because everything else about the game is so solid and satisfying. I love playing through this game every couple of years. Totally reccomend playing this game still to this day. Definitely worth the $10 it will probably cost.
  24. Mar 24, 2014
    Condemned: Criminal Origins is one of the best launch titles I have ever seen for a system. Its not only a great showcase of what the 360 was capable of upon launch, but it was a good game in its own right.
    You play as detective Ethan Thomas who when investigating a murder by serial killer 'The Match Maker' his partner is killed by a fleeing suspect and Ethan becomes the prime suspect for the murder. As Ethan begins to try to clear his name, serial killers from the past begin to show up dead causing Ethan to investigate who is killing the serial killers.
    Condemned is a first person brawler, a game that forces you to use melee combat over firearms and does so with great success. A game that really feels like you're doing damage with your hits and not just pushing buttons.
    My only real criticisms are that the forensic investigations are too handholdy and that once finished the game offer very little else for you, but besides that Condemned is a brilliant and sometimes relatively scary game.
  25. Jul 5, 2012
    this game was overall most frighting game on 360 of all time i first bought my xbox 360 and i saw this game said hell why not i put it up i thought it would be crummy but i was left jumping out of my chair heart pound from being scared out of my mind but even know when it look like your safe boom something scary come running up to you. either to kill you or scary **** when u open locker ithis game was overall most frighting game on 360 of all time i first bought my xbox 360 and i saw this game said hell why not i put it up i thought it would be crummy but i was left jumping out of my chair heart pound from being scared out of my mind but even know when it look like your safe boom something scary come running up to you. either to kill you or scary **** when u open locker i suggested everyone to buy this game.

if you want heart raising none stopping first person horror shooter game this up ur alley.
  26. Jul 18, 2013
    This is one of the very few horror video games that i have ever been genuinely scared by. It's feels claustrophobic, you always have this creepy paranoid feeling that someone or something is just around the corner waiting to kill you, and a very dark and at times unsettling environment. This game also has what is probably the best use of detective skill ever. A true gem of a game.
  27. Oct 7, 2013
    Awesome game still after all this time, love it and remember it in my nightmares even now.
    One of the first 360 games i ever played, the sense of immersion is at times over powering and very intense.
    This game really feels like you are fighting for your life and at times will get under your skin if you let it. Again i cant praise this early 360 gem enough, if you haven't played it yet
    Again i cant praise this early 360 gem enough, if you haven't played it yet do it you will never forget it.
  28. Nov 17, 2013
    use to play on 360 about 6 or 7years ago. just in 2013 got it for pc, and its always one of my favorite games. was one of the first games out on 360. still play it til this day.
  29. Apr 23, 2014
    I remember playing this game for the first time when I was just 6 or 7, and I can tell you, it's a truly terrifying experience. Possibly the greatest horror game of all time, although maybe a little outdated in 2014, the graphics were and are good today. If you're looking to be scared from your wits, buy this game.
  30. Sep 16, 2014
    I actually was looking for a game that was similar to "Resident Evil" and stumbled over this one by accident. I must say that although it's really violent (too much for my taste) it has a very tense story and is really different to most shooters out there as the ammo is so very limited which makes it so real. Best thing is the atmosphere though!

An unforgettable experience. At no point in the game will you be calm or feel comfortable, and that's the best part about it.
    Ultimately, what really makes Condemned worthy of your sleepless nights is its relentless pursuit of total ambience, a design quality that's intrinsically tied to the power of the Xbox 360. Survival horror has simply never looked this good.
  3. This first-person action game hits you like a sledgehammer with its astounding, stunningly creepy presentation, but it sacrifices opportunities for more shocks and surprises by settling for repetition.