• Publisher: Sega
  • Release Date: Nov 16, 2005
  • Also On: PC
8.2

1. Sep 16, 2014
    I actually was looking for a game that was similar to "Resident Evil" and stumbled over this one by accident. I must say that although it's really violent (too much for my taste) it has a very tense story and is really different to most shooters out there as the ammo is so very limited which makes it so real. Best thing is the atmosphere though!
  2. Apr 29, 2014
    game was overall pretty enjoyable gameplay was a bit dull at times as it was quite repetitive in this sense, however the story, settings and atmosphere were not dull or repetitive. It had one particular chapter of this game which was unusually scary for a game and oozed the bioshock vibe this game did come out 2 years earlier though. I am giving it a six for lack of gameplay, also playing it 9 years after it was released doesn't help it from a graphical point of view but gritty enough to not look too dated. Expand
  3. Apr 23, 2014
    I remember playing this game for the first time when I was just 6 or 7, and I can tell you, it's a truly terrifying experience. Possibly the greatest horror game of all time, although maybe a little outdated in 2014, the graphics were and are good today. If you're looking to be scared from your wits, buy this game.
  4. Mar 24, 2014
    Condemned: Criminal Origins is one of the best launch titles I have ever seen for a system. Its not only a great showcase of what the 360 was capable of upon launch, but it was a good game in its own right.
    You play as detective Ethan Thomas who when investigating a murder by serial killer 'The Match Maker' his partner is killed by a fleeing suspect and Ethan becomes the prime suspect for
    the murder. As Ethan begins to try to clear his name, serial killers from the past begin to show up dead causing Ethan to investigate who is killing the serial killers.
    Condemned is a first person brawler, a game that forces you to use melee combat over firearms and does so with great success. A game that really feels like you're doing damage with your hits and not just pushing buttons.
    My only real criticisms are that the forensic investigations are too handholdy and that once finished the game offer very little else for you, but besides that Condemned is a brilliant and sometimes relatively scary game.
  5. Jan 11, 2014
    This game earns a two for it's ideas and for attempting something different using light effects well in a new generation but the truth is I owned this game and never completed it and I think that says a lot for the immersion I felt with this game. I thought the combat was sloppy and got really boring really quickly and there was nothing in the story keeping me gripped. If you can get along with the combat it may be worth getting in an Xbox Live sale for a quid or two. Expand
  6. Nov 17, 2013
    use to play on 360 about 6 or 7years ago. just in 2013 got it for pc, and its always one of my favorite games. was one of the first games out on 360. still play it til this day.
  7. Nov 7, 2013
    An OK-ish title that really failed to impress me. I got it a year after it came out and I remember everyone telling me it was really scary and so much fun. No it wasn't. There weren't really any scares, just a few weak mind f**ks that really were rather poor. The occasional jump scare that really were more annoying than scary. Combat was mostly boring and the enemies didn't feel that challenging.

Story was decent and I will give the developers credit for making the game have a creepy atmosphere, a shame the rest didn't live up to it.

Overall:
    Condemned is really a jump scare game aimed to scare people who are feint of heart. or not that emotionally developed (i.e. kids) kind of curious since it has an M rating (18 in the UK.) Still, the game is OK as a weekend rental if there is nothing else available, but you won't be missing anything major by skipping this game.
  8. Oct 7, 2013
    Awesome game still after all this time, love it and remember it in my nightmares even now.
    One of the first 360 games i ever played, the sense of immersion is at times over powering and very intense.
    This game really feels like you are fighting for your life and at times will get under your skin if you let it.
    Again i cant praise this early 360 gem enough, if you haven't played it yet
    do it you will never forget it. Expand
  9. Jul 18, 2013
    This is one of the very few horror video games that i have ever been genuinely scared by. It's feels claustrophobic, you always have this creepy paranoid feeling that someone or something is just around the corner waiting to kill you, and a very dark and at times unsettling environment. This game also has what is probably the best use of detective skill ever. A true gem of a game.
  10. Jul 5, 2012
    this game was overall most frighting game on 360 of all time i first bought my xbox 360 and i saw this game said hell why not i put it up i thought it would be crummy but i was left jumping out of my chair heart pound from being scared out of my mind but even know when it look like your safe boom something scary come running up to you. either to kill you or scary **** when u open locker i suggested everyone to buy this game.

if you want heart raising none stopping first person horror shooter game this up ur alley.
  11. May 27, 2012
    A true underated gem! One of my favorite games this generation and of all time. This game is true survival horror that is actually fun to play! It contends with Dead Space for best survival horror series of all time. I've been wishing for a Condemned 3 game forever now! So many great moments in this game!
  12. Apr 5, 2012
    if you dont own this buy it. dont pay rent dont pay the power buy this. Very freaky one of the most scary games of the xbox, it has that feeling bout it when you find a good horror game. cant say too much as it will spoil it but a must for every collection. Oh and buy a 12 pack of undies you will need them
  13. Feb 10, 2012
    The best 360 game that hardly anyone has played. Others are complaining about it being boring because you just walk around with a pipe and hit people but seriously that's what this game is. You have to use your environment to your advantage, they aren't going to through you a AK47 so you can just blow through the game. Take the game for what it is and enjoy it. The atmosphere is the best part about it and it was very rewarding to play all the through to the end. Amazing. Expand
  14. Nov 26, 2011
    Very atmospheric game, with a kind of "Fight Club" gritty dirty-ness to it. Constantly had that tense, scary feel to it all. the graphics are a bit rough, (think xbox kinda) but that's a small gripe when you compare it to the overall survival horror feel to it all. Good scary stuff here. Really.
  15. Jun 17, 2011
    Bueno pues este juego es bueno.
    El sistema de juego es un poco confuso, la historia es buena pero deja cosas sueltas.
    La dificultad es buena pero algo loca de repente.
    Comprenlo, rentelo, cambienlo , pidanlo prestado, da igual pero jueguen lo ya.
  16. Jan 16, 2011
    If you want some scares and a generally terrifying atmosphere, Condemned is for you. So many moments of sheer terror come to mind when I think of this game, and it still has one of the best climaxes of any video game I have ever played. The minor complaints I have about the game are that combat is meh and the very last level feels unnecessary. What made it even more scary last time I played Condemned was I accidentally had the brightness setting all the way down, so if you want an even more intense experience I suggest that. Expand
  17. Aug 23, 2010
    This game was pretty dull. But there was one scene that literally caused me to **** myself. Other than said scene it's pretty dull, repetative, and grind like.
  18. May 27, 2012

An unforgettable experience. At no point in the game will you be calm or feel comfortable, and that's the best part about it.
    Ultimately, what really makes Condemned worthy of your sleepless nights is its relentless pursuit of total ambience, a design quality that's intrinsically tied to the power of the Xbox 360. Survival horror has simply never looked this good.
  3. This first-person action game hits you like a sledgehammer with its astounding, stunningly creepy presentation, but it sacrifices opportunities for more shocks and surprises by settling for repetition.