7.0

1. Aug 23, 2012
    Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is basically an updated Counter Strike. Is that a bad thing? Absolutely not, not only is it finally playable on the XBOX 360, it has updated graphics and new added features. Play the classical Search and Destroy and Hostage Game Modes on the classic maps, or play the new Arms Race and Demolition Game Modes on two new maps, "Shoots", and "Baggage". InCounter-Strike: Global Offensive is basically an updated Counter Strike. Is that a bad thing? Absolutely not, not only is it finally playable on the XBOX 360, it has updated graphics and new added features. Play the classical Search and Destroy and Hostage Game Modes on the classic maps, or play the new Arms Race and Demolition Game Modes on two new maps, "Shoots", and "Baggage". In addition to new game modes and updated graphics it also adds more guns and new awards to add more competitiveness. Overall, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is a great game worth the 1,200 Microsoft Points ($15). Expand
  2. Aug 23, 2012
    Great game in my opinion. I am not a PC gamer, I am all about consoles, and I have missed playing Counter Strike all these years, so if you aren't a PC gamer or don't have a PC and all and play all your games on consoles, this is your best chance to experience the grand daddy of Call of Duty. It is done right, too bad it took this long to reach us - !
  3. Aug 22, 2012
    What can I say? It's the same game, with better graphics. Though they seemed to get rid of some of the physics, like shooting around barrels. Xbox360 version runs consistently smooth, no spikes in FPS and rubberbanding.
  4. Aug 22, 2012
    Just got done playing the console version of GO, and all I can say is that is TERRIBLE! Why did you have to ruin such a great game by putting it on consoles? No one helps out, everyone who actually tries to play the game gets called a **** or a hacker, and the worst of all, The graphics suck ass and you can only have 5v5 matches! WTF!!!! Do yourself a favor and ONLY get the PC version, theJust got done playing the console version of GO, and all I can say is that is TERRIBLE! Why did you have to ruin such a great game by putting it on consoles? No one helps out, everyone who actually tries to play the game gets called a **** or a hacker, and the worst of all, The graphics suck ass and you can only have 5v5 matches! WTF!!!! Do yourself a favor and ONLY get the PC version, the only platform CS is, and only has been good on. Do not waste your $15 on the craptacular 360/PS3 version. You will regret it. Expand
  5. Aug 23, 2012
    What a great buy for 15 bucks. I have always been interested in Half Life and Counter Strike and when i heard its imenent arrival on counsole i was excited. I love its communication and fast paced elements that make it intense and addictive. The only slight problem was i thought the graphics could have been better a little better but its not all about graphics its the gameplay that strikesWhat a great buy for 15 bucks. I have always been interested in Half Life and Counter Strike and when i heard its imenent arrival on counsole i was excited. I love its communication and fast paced elements that make it intense and addictive. The only slight problem was i thought the graphics could have been better a little better but its not all about graphics its the gameplay that strikes you in CS:GO. Expand
  6. Aug 23, 2012
    What can I say? Counter Strike: Global Offensive is just straight up FUN and definitely worth the fifteen dollars. It's a breath of fresh air from all the hardcore serious shooters like Call of Duty and Battlefield that we have nowadays, and it plays great on the Xbox 360.
  7. Aug 22, 2012
    It's CS so you know what to expect. Quick matches. Intense difficulty. High tension. Some of the most classic FPS moments in video gaming history. CS does not need to change the formula is perfect and Valve knows this. The CS game for 2012.
  8. Aug 22, 2012
    Solid shooter. Game mechanics seem fine on xbox. Would have liked to have rated it higher but nothing real innovative. I wouldn't recommend it to someone who likes Respawn modes. The graphics are dated.
  9. Aug 24, 2012
    Purchased the PC & 360 versions and Steam is the way to go. If you are a CSS fan, you will love GO. I found the players on Steam to be mostly hardcore fans while 360 seems to have a lot of the MW3 types who prefer running and gunning.
  10. Aug 23, 2012
    The nostalgia is what does it for me. This is what started it all folks and it's spot on for consoles. There will be a good amount of gamers who won't enjoy it; needing XP, unlocks and a plethora of other things added in the past 10 years that have taken FPS into new directions. But there will also be a those out there that get exactly what they expected here, I'm definitely the later.The nostalgia is what does it for me. This is what started it all folks and it's spot on for consoles. There will be a good amount of gamers who won't enjoy it; needing XP, unlocks and a plethora of other things added in the past 10 years that have taken FPS into new directions. But there will also be a those out there that get exactly what they expected here, I'm definitely the later. This is "the" original FPS. Bare bones as it is by today's standard; I wouldn't want to see it any other way. Great fun for $15! Expand
  11. Aug 22, 2012
    Game is definitely worth it. It's fast-paced, tense, and very satisfying -- Sounds like my night Figi! Rohoho!

But seriously, this game rocks. It's a strictly online competitive multiplayer shooter but you can still play offline with bots if you so desire and if there aren't enough online players in a lobby, bots will fill in until a human player joins the party and assumes their role -- like the matrix, kinda... Anyway, the primary mode I played involved 5v5 with terrorists attempting to arm the bomb and counter-terrorists attempting to kill all the terrorists or disarm the bomb once it's armed. (But there are 4 modes in total) If the bomb is armed and the terrorists are all dead, the counter-terrorists still need to deactivate the bomb. Each player only has one life with no regenerating health, which adds to the tension and at the beginning of each round, every player is given money to spend on various weapons and grenades. Depending on how well you did in the previous round, you can accumulate money, of which you can spend strategically. This type of shooter was pre-Call of Duty, so there is no looking down the iron sites, except for a few weapons with scopes such as various rifles. But for the most part, this a primarily close-quarters to mid-range classic tactical shooter. One wrong move, and a head shot can take you down in an instant. There's no leveling system, but that seems to be for the better. Though, there is still a ton of statistic and achievement/award tracking. Every player starts off on an even keel and what keeps you coming back to the game is exactly that, enjoying the actual game, and not strictly the idea of progression. It's bloody and there's no canned death animations. Counter-Strike: GO uses hilarious and very realistic rag doll physics when you die which really adds to the satisfaction of getting that last second head shot. Overall, this game is definitely worth much more than the 15$ you will pay for it and assuming, as a console gamer, you've never played Counter-Strike: Source before, this game is a new experience that you've been waiting for and need to experience.

Hope to see you on Xbox Live! gamertag : Guardian101
  12. Aug 23, 2012
    Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Xbox 360 Rocks 1200 points of WIn WIn WIn COD BF3 go away the new kid is here and its just about quick unadulterated fun NO GRINDING ALL SHOOTING
  13. Aug 22, 2012
    Great FPS game that takes a lot of skill to master but the reward is fantastic. Killing another player is so satisfying because you know you have to work for every kill. Highly recommended.
  14. Aug 22, 2012
    CS:GO vs COD MW3 which is for you? The answer is decisive, CS:GO has terribly unresponsive, unacceptable, frustrating controls. This simply kills the adrenaline rush and intestity of the PC version. It also make it inferior to COD. Adrenaline never gets flowing when hyperconcentration yeilds nothing; intensity is killed when you feel like it's you vs the controller. Give it a week, see ifCS:GO vs COD MW3 which is for you? The answer is decisive, CS:GO has terribly unresponsive, unacceptable, frustrating controls. This simply kills the adrenaline rush and intestity of the PC version. It also make it inferior to COD. Adrenaline never gets flowing when hyperconcentration yeilds nothing; intensity is killed when you feel like it's you vs the controller. Give it a week, see if you can adjust to the controls and the flow, but don't count on it being populated when COD:BO2 comes out. Not unless they fix the control issues over the next six months. Expand
  15. Sep 6, 2012
    Not just an updated version of CS:Source, but a full revamp from the bottom up. New radio chatter, new maps, new character skins, new weapons, new game modes, and a new training course are introduced, without sacrificing the gameplay of its predecessors. I'd be surprised at this point if Valve ever puts out another Half-Life game, but for 15 bucks this is a steal. Perfect if you've gotNot just an updated version of CS:Source, but a full revamp from the bottom up. New radio chatter, new maps, new character skins, new weapons, new game modes, and a new training course are introduced, without sacrificing the gameplay of its predecessors. I'd be surprised at this point if Valve ever puts out another Half-Life game, but for 15 bucks this is a steal. Perfect if you've got that itch for a quick match, whether you're playing online multiplayer or offline with bots. Expand
  16. Aug 22, 2012
    @Frosty Get out of here you elitist jerk. Console gamers have as much right to enjoy a game as PC gamers. The game is tons of fun and much better than the one on the original X-Box. Why can't people just stop trolling and let others enjoy the game.
  17. Apr 26, 2013
    Obviously this is a PC game, so I recommend getting it for Pc. If you can't this game or should I say multiplayer game, as it doesn't have a campaign; for 15 bucks is worth every penny. Maybe the only skilled based shooter in the market today. Its a fun challenge and gets addicting if youre good at it. The limitations are only 5 v 5, limited maps (no dlc apparently), controlls feel a bitObviously this is a PC game, so I recommend getting it for Pc. If you can't this game or should I say multiplayer game, as it doesn't have a campaign; for 15 bucks is worth every penny. Maybe the only skilled based shooter in the market today. Its a fun challenge and gets addicting if youre good at it. The limitations are only 5 v 5, limited maps (no dlc apparently), controlls feel a bit stiff at first; but do get if you want a challenging fps shooter and not bs luck like cod. Expand
  18. Aug 28, 2012
    I remember playing Counter-Strike for the original Xbox and PC. When I heard that it was coming back on the 360, I was thrilled. With my 1200 Microsoft points, I bought the game and played with one of my friends and it brought back some old memories. The game brought back maps from the original game like Dust, Dust 2, Italy and the Office. Players who have to played the older CS's willI remember playing Counter-Strike for the original Xbox and PC. When I heard that it was coming back on the 360, I was thrilled. With my 1200 Microsoft points, I bought the game and played with one of my friends and it brought back some old memories. The game brought back maps from the original game like Dust, Dust 2, Italy and the Office. Players who have to played the older CS's will have a distinct advantage over newer players who never playing a CS game. The newer players will have to get used to having to work with weapon that won't look down their sights and the buy system. The graphics are improved but are still average and the gameplay is like the other CS games with defuse missions and hostage missions, but they added one more variant. Arms Race is like Gun Game in Call of Duty: Black Ops. You start of with a weapon and work your way through all of the weapons till you have to kill your opponent with the knife. Trying to connect to a online match can take a while now since it just came out but will improve over time. The only thing that is a major bother is the talking in party chat. I know that when you die in a match you can't talk to your teammates. It is just the fact you can only talk on game chat and that you have to change it. Gamers shouldn't be forced to change how they can talk to their friends. Other than that though it is a great game and is worth the points and will bring great memories to CS players and a new experience to those newer gamers. Expand
  19. Sep 4, 2012
    A worthy successor of a great series of games. As was expected graphics have been updated to today's standard, different shop UI (which just keeps getting better every time), aiming and "calibration" mechanics have been tweaked and feel slightly different (but you will get used to it after awhile, like the rest of the games) and feel improved. Movement is not sloppy and feels responsive. AA worthy successor of a great series of games. As was expected graphics have been updated to today's standard, different shop UI (which just keeps getting better every time), aiming and "calibration" mechanics have been tweaked and feel slightly different (but you will get used to it after awhile, like the rest of the games) and feel improved. Movement is not sloppy and feels responsive. A game worth grabbing and giving a try for CS fans and new players.

Note to people new to counter strike, you can jump to CS:GO without playing previous games. CS: GO and previous games biggest achievements are improving flow and dynamics, which even though don't provide any change or innovation from the core game (which is why it distinguishes itself from the rest of the online FPS on the market) improves greatly the player experience. I would call them more of a "major" update more than a sequel, which improves and polishes itself on each instance, in the end making it a different experience. "Story" wise this game has none, which is fine because its not really oriented to a single player/linear experience, think tournament/death match style.
  20. Aug 22, 2012
    This game is fun over XBOX Live. If you're the type of person who likes to play online with buddies, this one will be a hit for you I think. Great graphics and sound. Great team-based game play. Longtime fans of Counterstrike will be very pleased. If you're a strictly solo gamer, this isn't for you. This game is all about teamwork and co-op and playing online and competing.
  21. Aug 22, 2012
    Very very good game. Great for the price and and very good port. of course there isn't that feeling of of the pc and being able to pull off a headshot as easily but very good and addictive game. and finally comparing skill not by levels and how many times one prestiges or levels up.
  22. Aug 23, 2012
    This game doesn't try to reinvent the old Counter Strike formula, and that is no bad thing. Some old school features persist and this will be to this dislike of some and glee of others.

The game brings back all the old maps with some graphical updates and minor changes, taking into account player habits from previous iterations. There are new maps for the newer game modes and all in all the package feels complete. It certainly is not the outright sequel that some will be looking for but it offers up plenty for the 1200 point price tag. The familiar guns are back along with a variety of gadgets to assist you in your goals.

As for the gameplay itself: point, shoot, kill. It's as simple as that. The game is heavily dependent upon your accurate shooting and doesn't step in to assist you with auto aimining or provide any gadgets to reduces gun climb. This makes the learning curve steep, the challenge tough, but the satisfaction of getting a kill all the more rewarding knowing that you can accredit it to your skill and the victim can accept defeat in being out shot. Mouse and keyboard this isn't but the ontrols feel tight and there is a variety of customisations available to tinker with until you feel comfortable.

The multiplayer is as unforgiving as you remember it, although take comfort in the knowledge that you are playing against other console users and not the scores of infinitely skilled players on the pc counterpart. This levels the playing field somewhat and provides a suitably difficult challenge without leaving you feeling hapless and out of your depth.

In short, if you like the frantic nature of call of duty or the destructible nature of battlefield this might not be for you. However, if you fancy testing your naked fps skill against others in a tactical, tense and challenging environment then look no further.
  23. Aug 23, 2012
    First off lol at the guy trying to compare this with a COD game. Great throw back to the day. Game is just as fun as was back then. This is such a great team game. It doesn't play well with a bunch of random players so if you don't have a few friends to team up with try just playing bots. Fully customizable controls is what every game should have. Well worth $15
  24. Aug 27, 2012
    I remember playing Counter Strike with my old modem 56k in the old days. So yes
  25. Aug 27, 2012
    Better graphics, better gameplay, better everything. It's a shiny version of the Counter Strike you know and love with some epic new features. And with the addition of bots, new players can be eased into the game. Honestly at the price it is I highly recommend it. Easy 10/10 for any shooter fan.
  26. Sep 10, 2012
    A crystal clear remake of a classic. This game is nothing more than an HD graphics, and online revamp. Hence the 15$ price tag. Counter Strike Veterans will instantly love this remake and can finally relive the XBL experience. When Moneysoft pulled the Xbox classics from live, a part in me died. I and countless others spent days on those classics, They were the last of the great games. YouA crystal clear remake of a classic. This game is nothing more than an HD graphics, and online revamp. Hence the 15$ price tag. Counter Strike Veterans will instantly love this remake and can finally relive the XBL experience. When Moneysoft pulled the Xbox classics from live, a part in me died. I and countless others spent days on those classics, They were the last of the great games. You could go online and just have fun. That was a time when game companies still somewhat cared about us. To be able to relive the "Glory Days" is a big part of what keeps people coming back for more. Without a doubt. Counter Strike is still The King of the Xbox FPS. Expand
  27. Sep 1, 2012
    I could say so much about this game but AMAZING sums it up. Absolute bargain for the price, even more so with the new features. The addictive game play remains the same and the simple to play but hard to master gun physics keeps things challenging. And for everyone scoring the game low rubbishing the graphics and controls, stick to spraying and praying on COD.
  28. Sep 3, 2012
    Improved gunplay, graphics, sound coupled with new modes and maps make this a really fun and addicting entry to CS. I stopped playing Source because it started to feel a little dated but this has made me want to play CS again. Demolition and Arms Race are very, very fun. The classic maps are also much better balanced while still having that old feel we all love. At $15 this is a steal.
  29. Sep 7, 2012
    In questo quarto capitolo della serie sono state introdotte anche due varianti di gioco in maniera da aumentarne la longevità e per variegarlo un po' di più, la modalità Corsa agli Armamenti, in cui 10 giocatori partiranno armati di una mitragliatrice e ad ogni uccisione vedranno variare lo strumento di morte nelle loro mani(secondo una scaletta prestabilita) fino adIn questo quarto capitolo della serie sono state introdotte anche due varianti di gioco in maniera da aumentarne la longevità e per variegarlo un po' di più, la modalità Corsa agli Armamenti, in cui 10 giocatori partiranno armati di una mitragliatrice e ad ogni uccisione vedranno variare lo strumento di morte nelle loro mani(secondo una scaletta prestabilita) fino ad arrivare alla ventiseiesima kill che dovrà essere fatta con il coltello dorato per poter vincere la partita. L'altra aggiunta riguarda la Modalità Demolizioni che alla fine non è altro che un mix tra la Classica Competitiva e la Corsa agli armamenti, difatti le squadre saranno le solite della prima modalità ma con solo un obiettivo da difendere/attaccare(le mappe sono più piccole e anguste) e le armi nn si potranno comprare, ma andranno sbloccate tramite kill, in maniera da avere nel turno successivo un'arma più potente(se le kill effettuate epr turno saranno più di una si avrà in 'omaggio' anche una granata), qui di solito gli scontri si svolgono sulla lunghezza dei 20 round.

Come detto in precedenza dal punto di vista tecnico il gioco soffre senza dubbio la spinta di un motore grafico ormai superato, a volte la collisione tra i personaggi lo fa un po' scattare destando un po' di fastidio. Per quanto riguarda il sonoro è ben fatto e i rumori delle varie armi sono ottimamente riprodotti, molto simpatico anche il crescendo di musica quando su di una mappa si rimane allo Showdown uno contro uno.

La giocabilità è la caratteristica che la fa da padrona nel gioco creando nel giocatore sentimenti di gioia o frustazione sempre nuovi ad ogni partita, consigliamo vivamente prima di buttarsi nella mischia di usufruire del tutorial Addestramento alle Armi presente nel menu principale e di fare all'inizio qualche partita nella modalità di allenamento offline contro i Bot guidati dalal CPU in maniera da imparare bene le modalità di gioco e soprattutto le mappe. La freneticità del gioco(specie nella modalità Corsa agli Armamenti) difatti non lascia scampo a chi ha poca dimestichezza con i comandi e vi assicuro che prima di diventare dei killer passeranno diverse partite nonostante che siate già piuttosto bravi a COD o Battlefield.

Alla fine dei conti la cosa che vi potrebbe separare da tante ore di sano divertimento e competizione potrebbero essere i 1200punti(o 15
  30. Oct 11, 2012
    A nice new edition to the CS franchise. Although it may never live up to CSS, it's a nice game that will keep you entertained for a long time. If you have CSS, there may be no point in buying the game because there are not many differences.
  31. Dec 27, 2012
    "Great competitive first person shooter but best bought on PC then on the consoles." If you don't have good running PC to play Globe Offensive then getting it on the consoles isn't a bad option. Counter-Strike: Globe Offensive is a much refine version of the Counter-Strike series. There isn't really anything new going for Globe Offensive besides for better graphics and 2 new simple modes."Great competitive first person shooter but best bought on PC then on the consoles." If you don't have good running PC to play Globe Offensive then getting it on the consoles isn't a bad option. Counter-Strike: Globe Offensive is a much refine version of the Counter-Strike series. There isn't really anything new going for Globe Offensive besides for better graphics and 2 new simple modes. Those who are new to Counter-Strike, I suggest going into the tutorial called Weapons Course to learn how the world Counter- Strikes works. I found the new modes such as arms race similar to CoD: Black ops Gun game where each kill will move you through a list of guns automatically and there is Demolition where you start with a set of weapons and equipment and each kill will move you through another set in the next round. Both modes are great fun but they lack originality. Defuse and hostage modes come back in 2 forms, Causal where some rules are limit free such as friendly fire off while competitive mode has all the standard rules from the Counter-Strike Series. If you are Counter-Strike fan, there is a bit of disappointment to be had with Globe Offensive as there is nothing harder new to the table. If you can't possibly play Counter-Strike on PC, there isn't much harm in getting Globe Offensive on the consoles. Expand
  32. Nov 2, 2012
    For an Xbox Arcade Game, FPS you can't be CS:GO! CS:GO does right with keeping you occupied. Through engaging, intense multi-player and an FPS arcade like feel, GO delivers. It doesn't deliver more, but what it does right is it doesn't present itself as a rehash or an overambitious AAA shooter that falls short. Instead, everything feels polished, clean, and simple. The game doesn't offer aFor an Xbox Arcade Game, FPS you can't be CS:GO! CS:GO does right with keeping you occupied. Through engaging, intense multi-player and an FPS arcade like feel, GO delivers. It doesn't deliver more, but what it does right is it doesn't present itself as a rehash or an overambitious AAA shooter that falls short. Instead, everything feels polished, clean, and simple. The game doesn't offer a lot of mods, levels, or even options to go about playing GO. What it does offer is quick bursts of intense multi-player matches, with several mods that will keep you entertained for a while. You can't beat the price of GO on the Xbox, and it's worth it! Check it out if you're looking for some time to kill while frustratingly charging after enemies. Expand
  33. Nov 4, 2012
    I played the original version of CS on PC for years. I would probably rank it as my favourite game of all time. This reboot is serviceable, good for some nostalgic fun, but somehow the magic isn't quite there anymore. Maybe because it's fairly dated by today's FPS standards. The new versions of the maps look fantastic, and it's great to hear the classic "fire in the hole!" and "terroristsI played the original version of CS on PC for years. I would probably rank it as my favourite game of all time. This reboot is serviceable, good for some nostalgic fun, but somehow the magic isn't quite there anymore. Maybe because it's fairly dated by today's FPS standards. The new versions of the maps look fantastic, and it's great to hear the classic "fire in the hole!" and "terrorists win" lines again. But seriously - no CS_Assault map? Expand
  34. Jan 15, 2013
    This is not the game you wanted. The xbox version loses to the pc in every way. slow fps, worse graphics. I played the game for a while on xbox. The 30 fps drove me insane with controller lag. I ended up purchasing the pc when a steam discount hit. The superior framerates and graphics are way more conducive to this game
  35. Mar 3, 2013
    I have played CS since 2002 and this is definitely best game of the franchise. It's more competitive, more addictive, It has a lot of improvements on some maps, it's more difficult and realistic. Great game!
  36. Jun 20, 2013
    Yo game plays great.. good game all around. if your online it tends to lag every 5 min and hard.. needs a patch to fix lagg.. FIIX LAGG!!! really tho.. the lagg makes it hard to have fun if your play competitivle.. it needs to be patched up!
  37. Dec 13, 2013
    When I bought this game last year as a download I was so excited to jump back into the memories of 2002. I would sit and game for hours drinking pop with my friends in a cyber-room in the city. When I first started I played for about 2 hours, then I started to get bored without all the mods and the downloadable maps. If it had all the true magnificent additions that made the computer gameWhen I bought this game last year as a download I was so excited to jump back into the memories of 2002. I would sit and game for hours drinking pop with my friends in a cyber-room in the city. When I first started I played for about 2 hours, then I started to get bored without all the mods and the downloadable maps. If it had all the true magnificent additions that made the computer game original great this would have been a greater achievement. It was great for a year but I have now mastered and played over and over every map and game-type you can play. Its a must have for a counter-strike fan but its nothing compared to source. 7 at its best. Haven't played it now in 6 months. Expand

1. Oct 11, 2012
    Definitely better teamed with friends. [Issue#90, p.91]
  2. Sep 17, 2012
    Counter-strike isn't the force it once was, but its underlying quality remains insuppressible. [Nov 2012, p.85]
  3. Sep 13, 2012
    Lack of both new content and really precise controls prevents the otherwise good console version of Counter-Strike: Global Offensive to live up to its PC counterpart.