8.1

1. Apr 15, 2013
    Amazing. The freedom is virtually limitless, and the possibilities are endless! So much freedom in a sandbox game. I'd prefer his game over Grand Theft Auto any day.
  2. Jan 16, 2014
    Crackdown is an incredibly addictive and fun open world game. While it has some flaws they are made up for by the sheer addictiveness of this game. I would recommend for everyone who wants a good open world game.
  3. Mar 27, 2014
    It's basically GTA & The Hulk : Ultimate Destruction combined. Addictive open world playground. Crackdown improves on Ultimate Destruction in pretty much every direction and is much more tasteful than Prototype.
  4. Aug 13, 2010
    I really like this game. I like the freedom. The freedom to car jack anyone to murder citizens and criminals alike, i do like it. Although, it's not all good. Sometimes it's difficult to get to the places you need to be and i found it difficult using the map as well. But all in all, i reccomend this greatly because these are only small problems and easy to live with so i highly reccomend this...... Expand
  5. Mar 22, 2011
    this game is basically assasines creed in the future . that being said it suffers from the same problem that game did ... its repetitive and boring . no mission varity just go kill the enimys and bosses . nothing very intresting for guns . the graphics are just ok the idea of finding 100s of orbs to power my charicter up that are scattered all over the city just is NOT appealing . i do not want to play hide and go seek crap. the ability to play in Co-op i thought would improve the game making abit more fun to play with a friend but all it does is make you both bored . its not a horrable game just a very very very mediocore one. Expand
  6. Sep 9, 2011
    A really fun game with some very interesting concepts.A cartoon-like sandbox game,Crackdown really delivers.Finding all of the green orbs was the most fun I've had in a game for an age and one of the games selling points.A better story and mission structure would have been much appreciated,though that doesn't take any fun away and it was very enjoyable nonetheless.
  7. Feb 28, 2011
    Boring and very repetitive. I do enjoy the open world aspect, but that is it. Driving around really is not too fun because the skill is annoying to upgrade. Every corner there is a group of gang members to shoot at you, and then you find out that there are like twenty more on the rooftops, all of which of rockets that always get you. GTA puts this game to shame. Worst Open World game I have ever played. Expand
  8. Jul 21, 2012
    Bad, tedious, nonsensical action game, with poor character development, dialogue and depth. Missions are overly repetitive. There is no plot, you basically just kill people. Being an open-ended game, one expect side-quest, and a bit of non-linear indulgence. Crackdown does not provide that and fails on so many levels. Your character is an overpowered brute, who can jump astronomical heights and bleed excessively on higher levels. Then we have the orbs, my god who cares about the damn orbs, there are too many. It just seems that an inimitable game hasn't being produced in the 21st-century. When will the recycling end? Expand
  9. Jun 10, 2013
    Crackdown has certainly taking inspiration from the open world template laid down by the Grand Theft Auto series but has enough ideas of its own to ensure it does not live in the shadows of Rockstars epics. Played from a third-person perspective players take control of one of a selection of super-agents based in Pacific City. You soon learn that it is not a particularly safe place with the authorities in turmoil and three powerful criminal gangs spread across the landscape.

The goal is to wipe out these gangs and while the story itself is fairly simplistic the gameplay more than makes up for it. As you power up your agent you gradually become quicker, stronger and more skilled in the use of weaponry. Pretty soon you will be leaping over buildings or taking out entire groups of enemies with the throw of a car. The emphasise in Crackdown is all about giving the player free reign and it succeeds completely, there is rarely a dull moment here.

Playing the game alone is certainly a blast from start to finish but it is in when played with a friend over Xbox Live that the game really comes into its own. Another player is free to drop in an out of your game at any point helping with just some of the tougher bosses or the entire game if they wish. There are no restrictions on where each player can go either so it is entirely possible to be fighting on the opposite side of the map to your friend, although teamwork does make things easier. Aside from the main campaign there are plenty of timed races and collectables located on the map for those that enjoy that sort of thing. The collectables come in the form of 'orbs' that each improve different stats for your character and chasing down every last one can be extremely addictive.

While a sequel is now available on Xbox360, adding new gameplay elements such as the fantastic flight suit, it is the original Crackdown that remains the superior experience.
  10. Mar 11, 2012
    My favourite game on the Xbox 360. Love the graphics, the setting, the gameplay, and all the fun stuff you can do. You are a cyborg supercop with free rein of a futuristic city in which you can climb over pretty much everything whilst killing gangstas. Plus you can play it through in a weekend if you want to, and in full co-op. What's not to like?
  11. Sep 21, 2011
    When I first played this game, I was in awe, I loved it, I could not stop playing it! Although after a while, the game kinda starts to loose it's amusement, it's still a great game, and I for sure give it a thumbs up
  12. Nov 11, 2012
    The most significant compliment to this game in my opinion is that it manages to be an Action RPG without making it complicated or overwhelming at first. You can jump right into the action and start having fun. You are given helpful hints and information along with general flattering remarks as you play. This game is all action and no menus. You are introduced gradually and almost seamlessly to all the elements and the RPG stuff takes care of itself as you play rather than having to go through menus and choose traits and so on. The action is repetitive but fast and very arcade. The three difficulty levels make sure the game isn't too hard or too easy. Controls could have been better; you can't change your sensitivity or button layout - but all in all it's not bad. Not fluent but passable. The arcadey-ness of this game cannot be emphasized enough. It feels like a next-gen Total Overdose rather than a serious Action RPG. It's certainly not a bad-looking game considering that it's running on the ancient RenderWare game engine which was used for GTA III. It's definitely a good choice for this type of game and the graphics don't disappoint. Overall nothing special, just a simple and fairly repetitive sandbox action RPG. Worth a look if you're bored but not a serious game in terms of quality. Expand
  13. Jul 26, 2012
    People who put this game down must be anti-fun. Crackdown is a perfect example of how not all games need deep stories or complex game mechanics. Sometimes just giving you the tools to explore an interesting city and blow it up is enough. The setting is very reminiscent of Robocop with a city running wild and a shady law enforcement corporation using their newest science-created superhero (in this case a genetically engineered super-soldier instead of a cyborg) to retake the streets with excessive force.

It's simple and short but the action is fun and highly addictive. You can spend hours just leaping around the city like Spider-Man, descending only to rain death upon gang members. There are cars as well like Grand Theft Auto but to be honest I hardly ever used them since your character is incredibly mobile once he's leveled up.

For those of you looking for a deeper, more cinematic experience, Crackdown probably isn't for you. But if you're looking for a mindless and addicting action game to blow throw on a boring weekend Crackdown is a good candidate that will cost you next to nothing these days. If you like other straight-up action third person games on the 360 like Vanquish and Earth Defense Force 2017, by all means check this one out.
  14. Dec 13, 2012
    Better than GTA 4 in almost every way, Crackdown is one of the most innovative open world games of recent years. The gameplay is fast paced and upgradable, with a lot of content to boot.
  15. May 12, 2013
    Found this game at the bottom of my game pile and never really got stuck into it. So did it deserve to be theirs in the first place or was it more then that? Its a great game and did not deserve to be their for 4 years! Having 21 boss battles, a lot of side missions for lots of hours of gameplay. Abilitys that make your character a unstopable soulder. Storys decent and for the time graphics for this game are great. Only real con was I never was faced with any real chalenge. Overall a great game and I wish I never had got bored with this! Crackdoen 8.7/10 Expand
  16. Sep 6, 2013
    Stupid fun where the less you think about what you're doing the better it its. I can see when this game was released that some of what you do would be innovative and fun, but in 2013 there are many games that do the same things better. If you want to climb buildings, play Assassin's Creed. If you want wide open kill fest, play GTA, if you want to drive madly through a city, play driver 3. I did have fun playing this game, but only when I forgot what other games I could be playing. Also, the ending is REALLY lame, and a bad ending turned a generous 6 into a deserved 4. Expand
  17. Nov 6, 2013
    Just played through the whole game. Graphics and design are mediocre. There isn't really a story. But what annoyed me the most is you do the same sh*t over and over. The shooting, jumping and RPG elements were pretty good, but that's the only thing what kept me going. Uninspiring and it felt like I wasted 10+ hours. The ending has a funny twist though. 5.2/10
  18. Nov 23, 2012
    Easy and short. Im sure back in 2007 it was an awesome game. I personally like crackdown 2 alot better. This game is not bad though. its just not great either.
  19. Apr 7, 2013
    Crackdown is a game that has potential but seems to be missing the final link. The game pitches you as an agent working for a police orginization known as "The Agency". You travel around the city fighting gangs, and this is where the game seems to be lacking. Although, it is a nice idea, the boss fights you encounter seem repetitive and unsatisfying. Although the game provides some good moments, overall it's missing something to make it a truly great game. Expand
  20. May 29, 2013
    This has got to be one of the best exclusive titles on the Xbox 360. You start off as a super powered clone who is tasked with taking on all of the crime lords in Pacific City. Over the course of the game, you get much stronger in physical combat, you become more effective with guns and explosives, you become much more agile and able to run faster and jump higher and get upgraded cars to help you with your campaign against crime lords. There are many bases you have to take out and the sky's the limit when it comes to figuring out how you want to take on a gang base. You can go in there guns blazing or just use your brute strength and topple everyone over. You can throw cars from afar or plant explosives all over the area killing everyone. There are many options to dealing with people which just adds to its fun and if you can get a friend to play with you, you're gonna have a grand time. Totally worth the buy. Expand
  21. Dec 24, 2013
    A good fun game, plenty to do with pacing and completion time which do not leave you grinding through till the end.

Fun driving, fun shooting, challenges, mild rpg mechanics and plenty of space to explore.

This was to put it simply just a pleasant and entertaining romp.
  22. Jul 19, 2014
    Crackdown is very addictive, fun and well done. It does not have much of a story but the premise is you are a super hero law enforcer and you have 3 gangs to bring down each with 21 kingpins. The combat is awesome and you can even upgrade your powers. The city is the perfect playground for huge destruction and I love the cell shaded comic book graphics!
  23. Aug 11, 2013
    Hours of free roaming fun. Solo or with a buddy
    The game will only get repetitive if you don't explore find new weapons/cars etc.
    don't run through main mission after main mission. You won't be doing the game or yourself any justice
    ITS FREE FOR GOLD THIS MONTH....NO EXCUSE NOT TO CATCH THE ADDICTING ORB HUNTING CRACKDOWN FEVER!!!
    msg bluntz4breakfas if ur down 4 a co-op run. i got
    the 2 400pt packs. if that matters
    add me today. or msg me 4 playtimes best of us
  24. Aug 20, 2013
    After everything I heard about Crackdown being awful I decided never to pick this game up but now It's free on Live i have no excuse. I found it a very polarising game. On one hand it has barely any story, the combat needs a bit of improvement, The lock on system was woeful, constantly locking on to dead soldiers, civilian cars and basically everything apart from what I wanted. Despite all the negatives what this game does well, It does very well. The level up system is perfect, The visuals, despite being a little rough, are awesome, Picking up a car to dash at a nearby pedestrian is one of the greatest things in a game i've ever seen. The strength and movement/ jumping system all together was bags of fun. The developers really put time into this game. But there is a big but. After the game ended and i'd collected roughly half of the orbs, I felt no desire to play again, there is absolutely no replay value, whatsoever. It's a time waster, but it is fun, while it lasts. Expand
  25. Jan 18, 2014
    I bought this game because I like cell shaded animation and the promise of being able to jump to the top of buildings but in reality I didn't play this game for very long as I found when you have leaped to the top of a building jumped down on a gang of unsuspecting victims while using the **** shooting mechanic, you have kind of done it all. Boring.
  26. Apr 11, 2014
    I last completed this game 5 years ago, and just played it again yesterday and remembered how awesome the whole premise is. Operating for a fascist police state has never been this much fun, with a wide range of guns, interesting explosives and some cool shooting mechanics to boot. What really leaps out though is the brilliant 'agility' mechanics which allows you to scale buildings and jump from rooftop to rooftop like Spiderman on steroids. The melee mechanics aren't anything to write home about, with connection poor and flimsy, but this is easily compensated for by the ability to pick almost every part of the environment up and hurl it at enemies, starting from bricks and cardoors all the way to trucks and 'Universal Studios' sized globes as you increase in your skills. The driving as well is slightly flawed in the sense that every car apart from about three are terrible to drive, even when you improve your driving skills, and have no true distinguishing features, although the ability of your 'Agency' vehicles to transform as your skill improves is not only impressive, but have great and entertaining abilities as well.

In the end, buy this if you love the freedom and gritty world of GTA mixed with the sense of justice and superhero flair of Batman Arkham City. I would say if you can get this for $15 or less...BUY IT.
  27. Jul 16, 2014
    Crackdown came to prominence due to Microsoft's decision to package the Halo 3 multiplayer trial with the game. To everyone's surprise the actual Crackdown game turned out to be a very fun (if somewhat flawed) open world action game.

In Crackdown one plays a genetically enhanced super solider called The Agent for an organization called The Agency run by a disembodied voice known as The
    Director. Through both your actions and the collection of orbs you increase your powers to the point that you are a true bad ass jumping around the city (surprisingly not called The City, naming things not being Realtime Worlds' strong suit).

The game's city consisting of three islands each controlled by a different gang with your headquarters on a forth smaller island in the middle. The gangs are Los Muertos (Your standard South American Drug Cartel), The Volk (Your standard Russian Mafia), and The Shai-Gen Corporation ( which represents Sony).

The graphics are a colorful cell-shaded affair that fits surprisingly well with the chaos and the ever more outrageous powers you will achieve. The sound (with one notable exception detailed below) is also quite good with the hum of the agility orbs almost being hypnotic (and yes you will see agility orbs in your daily life and hear the hum in your sleep.) There are a couple of bits of genius in Crackdown. The first and most obvious is the combining of item collection and powers. The powers are more than mere stat boosts as there are both visible (You crackle with electricity when you level up a core power ) and quite fun (You can roundhouse kick a mack truck and leap from skyscraper to skyscraper).

The other brilliant move is the structure. In the game you are tasked with taking out the three gangs as you see fit. Each gang consists of a boss and various sub-bosses that specialize in various tasks for their boss (Such as training bodyguards or providing weapons). By taking out the sub-bosses you weaken a certain part of the bosses defenses therefore making him an easier target. It's a brilliant structure that gives a real sense of accomplishment in a open world environment.

It is a good thing that Crackdown is such well structured and fun game, because the game certainly has a bunch of flaws that easily would be game-breakers in almost any other adventure.

For starters there is combat. There is a reason my Agent maxed out his punch people in the face ability first. Now hand to hand combat has its own set of issues. (Mainly facing the wrong way and missing enemies outright while jamming the B button.) Compared however to the auto-aim on guns, hand to hand combat is of a Street Fighter II Turbo caliber.

Auto-aim has two favorite targets: civilian vehicles and dead guys. Crackdown loves shooting dead guys, perhaps as a forerunner to the zombies in Crackdown 2 one might muse. Getting your targeting off the dead guy and onto the guy with a rocket launcher is surprisingly challenging.

Part of the games challenge is making seemingly impossible jumps to grab onto a distant ledge. Unfortunately sometimes a ledge looks like a ledge, quacks like a ledge and yet your agent proceeds to plummet eighty stories to his demise. While the parkour in Crackdown is fun, and one of the games selling points, it isn't what I would call fine tuned.

Speaking of both out of tune and poorly tuned we have the vehicles. Driving is one of your abilities in Crackdown and in theory when one reaches the highest level ones car becomes a super powered monster. I say in theory because there is actually no need to power this up to defeat the game. In fact once your all important agility power has a few stars under its belt, cars are simply superfluous since you can now jump from rooftop to rooftop.

And thank God for that. For such a relatively small map Crackdown's streets are a confusing labyrinth. To add to the mess the in-game map has no custom waypoints. Strangely, The Agency claims they want you to capture enemy vehicles and bring them back to headquarters. However the entrance to headquarters is unmarked on your map, almost impossible to find and is disguised on top of that like the Bat-Cave entrance from the caped crusader's sixties TV show.

In addition the way you increase your driving skill is by winning races (easier said than done and hardly a fun pastime in this particular game) or running over gang members. Gang members however seem to metamorphosis into Cirque du Soleil performers the minute one points a car in their general direction.

The final nail in the driving coffin is the in game radio. One of the joys of open world games is simply cruising around the city listening
  28. Aug 12, 2014
    This game has sadly been forgotten about by a lot of people. But the mark it made on gaming still exists today. Crackdown, the third person superhero law enforcement game, is brilliant in almost every aspect. You can have tons and tons of fun blowing stuff up, it has marvellous graphics, with a great soundtrack to boot. And collecting orbs, wow! Collecting orbs is so fun! You can invest loads of time into it. And there's actually a purpose for doing it. Sure, it's repetitive, and the boss A.I. is bad, but you don't notice it when you're having this much fun! Expand
  29. Nov 14, 2014
    So much fun. This was the 360 surprise hit for me. Yes, I bought it because of the Halo 3 beta access ... and to date have spent almost as much time stomping baddies in Pacific City as I've spend in H3.
    The joy of returning to 'easier' parts of the city later in the game and being able to reach those 'impossible' agility orbs and ramping my car through the 'impossible' rings is so
    gratifying.
    I've played through this game 3 or 4 times from scratch just to enjoy the ability level-ups again.

1. I’ll admit I was hooked for the first five hours, but as the game waned on, so did the entertainment of the game.
    Halo fans will be happy to hear this game also comes with an invitation to the Halo 3 multiplayer beta.
  3. A wonderful sandbox title that branches off from the "GTA" tree rather than feeding off it; when you set off a huge chain reaction of barrels, you’ll see the game "Saints Row" wished it was. When you climb to the top of the Agency HQ and peer down at the world, you’ll see the game "Just Cause" could never be. And every so often, you’ll see another moment of brilliance; a reminder of the game you want GTA IV to be.