Crackdown Xbox 360

8.1

1. PM
    Jun 11, 2009
    On top of my list of XBOX 360 games, and I am talking 3 years after release. I keep coming back, the shear playability, fun and explorative dimentions of this game are fabulous. NEED TO HAVE title for the 360. Try it and you'll be a crackhead as well.
  2. Apr 15, 2013
    Amazing. The freedom is virtually limitless, and the possibilities are endless! So much freedom in a sandbox game. I'd prefer his game over Grand Theft Auto any day.
  3. Jan 16, 2014
    Crackdown is an incredibly addictive and fun open world game. While it has some flaws they are made up for by the sheer addictiveness of this game. I would recommend for everyone who wants a good open world game.
  4. Mar 27, 2014
    It's basically GTA & The Hulk : Ultimate Destruction combined. Addictive open world playground. Crackdown improves on Ultimate Destruction in pretty much every direction and is much more tasteful than Prototype.
  5. Zappyzuke
    Mar 24, 2007
    The game is way to easy and very short. Looking back it actually produce no challenge to beat. The game loses it's luster with repetitive game play and lack of weapons. But I'm glad I can get achievements; sweet I can blow up 50 cars in 10 seconds....NOT!
  6. ApocalypseBrown
    Mar 9, 2007
    Do me a favor!? Go and look at Metacritics review of Doom 3, then tell me the critics got that right? Doom 3 is far worse than Crackdown, but bwoy here is perfect rental material! Grand theft's in their prime smash this game and it is a pity, as I really wanted to like it! Shallow and too simplistic.
  7. WillS.
    Apr 28, 2007
    I think this game really really sucks
    the whole game is repetitive and when you are fighting against 50 guys and you are the only one there and you kill them all. That is just plain stupid. in real life those guys would kill u in a sinch. all you do is kill mob bosses, mexicans, japanese guys and russians. no real plot to the game either and no story at all it totally SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!
  8. Nov 6, 2013
    Just played through the whole game. Graphics and design are mediocre. There isn't really a story. But what annoyed me the most is you do the same sh*t over and over. The shooting, jumping and RPG elements were pretty good, but that's the only thing what kept me going. Uninspiring and it felt like I wasted 10+ hours. The ending has a funny twist though. 5.2/10
  9. Dec 24, 2013
    A good fun game, plenty to do with pacing and completion time which do not leave you grinding through till the end.

Fun driving, fun shooting, challenges, mild rpg mechanics and plenty of space to explore.

This was to put it simply just a pleasant and entertaining romp.
  10. Nov 14, 2014
    So much fun. This was the 360 surprise hit for me. Yes, I bought it because of the Halo 3 beta access ... and to date have spent almost as much time stomping baddies in Pacific City as I've spend in H3.
    The joy of returning to 'easier' parts of the city later in the game and being able to reach those 'impossible' agility orbs and ramping my car through the 'impossible' rings is so gratifying.
    I've played through this game 3 or 4 times from scratch just to enjoy the ability level-ups again.
  11. MarkD.
    Feb 12, 2007
    Fantastic! True sandbox game with a proper camera, controls and without an annoying 'script' to get in the way. Just great fun anyway you wanna play it. Twice the fun in Co-op
  12. MichaelM.
    Feb 23, 2007
    The build of the game... graphics, open world, etc I give an 8. Its Good but not the best looking game with the most options out there. That aside... the gameplay is a 10! This is just a really fun game to play! I haven't been so addicted to a game since my days with Oblivion. Get this game.
  13. PaulM.
    Feb 27, 2007
    Great fun, loads of battles and great platforming elements. Increasing your characters ability is really rewarding when you realize you can leap over entire buildings and pick up cars etc. Very amusing. On the downside (and te reason i gave this a 7) is once you have defeated all the bosses the game just feels empty. I wiped out everyone in 3 days! The co-op does add re-playability to it Great fun, loads of battles and great platforming elements. Increasing your characters ability is really rewarding when you realize you can leap over entire buildings and pick up cars etc. Very amusing. On the downside (and te reason i gave this a 7) is once you have defeated all the bosses the game just feels empty. I wiped out everyone in 3 days! The co-op does add re-playability to it but not enough to make this a classic. Expand
    Feb 8, 2007
    Very well put together and fun game. The aiming takes some time to get used to which puts some people off, but once you learn how to use it you can pull off some amazing feats.
  15. AndyH.
    Mar 1, 2007
    FPS Master's review is pretty much spot on. Initially the game is awsome; the graphics and sound are excellent but you really need a HD TV and a 5.1 system. I would say I was a gamer with average ability but still managed to complete the main missions in about 15 hours. I've still got the side missions to do (jumping, driving and orb collecting) but I don't feel I really FPS Master's review is pretty much spot on. Initially the game is awsome; the graphics and sound are excellent but you really need a HD TV and a 5.1 system. I would say I was a gamer with average ability but still managed to complete the main missions in about 15 hours. I've still got the side missions to do (jumping, driving and orb collecting) but I don't feel I really need to do them. If you are not interested in the Halo3 beta, this is definately a rental. Expand
  16. MattS.
    Mar 3, 2007
    My friends and I used to spice up boring weeknights by playing GTAIII with cheat codes. We'd fly around with jetpacks and uzis and blow up everything. Crackdown is a game that takes that sort of absurd mayhem to heart. It is short. It's targeting system is so-so. The way skills are leveled doesn't always make a lot of sense, as it requires you to play entirely different My friends and I used to spice up boring weeknights by playing GTAIII with cheat codes. We'd fly around with jetpacks and uzis and blow up everything. Crackdown is a game that takes that sort of absurd mayhem to heart. It is short. It's targeting system is so-so. The way skills are leveled doesn't always make a lot of sense, as it requires you to play entirely different styles to level up your combat (strength, firearms, explosives) skills vs. your driving or agility - level grinding, basically, but quicker and thus, usually over before it becomes boring. But these faults are easy to forget the first time you bust in on some Volk gangster and throw a bus at his head, or the first time your manage to climb all the way to the top of the impossibly tall Agency tower. There are so many fun things to do - run over things with the Agency Truckcab, load up on rockets and blow EVERYTHING apart, and all of it takes place on an absurdist level. The SUV, for example, seems to simply float during jumps - it makes no sense, but it's certainly good times. In many ways, this game could be so much more. What if leveling skills gave you access to unique items? What if the boss encounters were more unique? What if the weapons were more various? But these what-ifs don't cloud the fact that Crackdown is a game you can load up after work, destressing as you jump from roof-top to roof-top with a rocketlauncher, blowing anything that offends your sensibilities to bits. For that, Crackdown is worthy of praise. Expand
  17. JonR.
    Feb 20, 2007
    An Immersive experience that is easy to get lost in. Part game, part playground and all enjoyable.
  18. ChrisS.
    Feb 20, 2007
    While I don't think any game out for the 360 is yet worthy of the coveted "10", I must say that this game is a solid 9. It takes what other sandbox games have offered and runs, jumps and drives with it. The thing I never liked about GTA was the loose controls and general feeling that you were moving in slow motion. CD eliminates that feeling. Anytime you can kick someone off a While I don't think any game out for the 360 is yet worthy of the coveted "10", I must say that this game is a solid 9. It takes what other sandbox games have offered and runs, jumps and drives with it. The thing I never liked about GTA was the loose controls and general feeling that you were moving in slow motion. CD eliminates that feeling. Anytime you can kick someone off a skyscraper, jump after him all the while pumping bullets into him as he plummets you've got to be having a good time. On top of all of this? You get the HALO3 beta. Very nice package indeed. Good job guys. Expand
  19. ColinB.
    Feb 23, 2007
    The mark I have given this game is based on the several hours I have played it so far on its UK release date, today. I have undertaken solo and co-op (more fun!) modes and can say that Gears of War won't be back in my 360 for at least a few days. The graphics aren't 'gears' good, but they are pretty special, but it is the free roaming gameplay which makes this title The mark I have given this game is based on the several hours I have played it so far on its UK release date, today. I have undertaken solo and co-op (more fun!) modes and can say that Gears of War won't be back in my 360 for at least a few days. The graphics aren't 'gears' good, but they are pretty special, but it is the free roaming gameplay which makes this title rock the Kasbah! Do what you want when you want, team up with another player (or even better, a friend, and the fun is doubled. Worth at least a rental, and definately worth buying if you liked saints row or GTA. Currently has Halo3 beta invite bundled too, so go for it. You wont regret it, thats what ebay is for! Expand
  20. RobP.
    Feb 25, 2007
    Crackdown is an extremely fun and addictive game. I haven't played anything else basically since I got it. It sucks that stupid civilians who get in they line of fire and killed actually hurt your physical attribute stats, but ehh. It's still fun as hell and everyone should go out and buy it!
  21. FPSMaster
    Feb 25, 2007
    Really addictive game at first. Has some cool cel-shaded graphics too. Some say it looks like an Xbox game, but I think they're missing the point. It has tons of objects and people on-screen, with a long draw distance and not much pop-up with hardly any framerate problems. This could not have been done on Xbox without 10 fps at most. Nice textures too. The problem is, you will play Really addictive game at first. Has some cool cel-shaded graphics too. Some say it looks like an Xbox game, but I think they're missing the point. It has tons of objects and people on-screen, with a long draw distance and not much pop-up with hardly any framerate problems. This could not have been done on Xbox without 10 fps at most. Nice textures too. The problem is, you will play it a lot at first because it's so addictive, but you will also finish it quickly and have most of the achievements after about 2 days. The missions themselves are pretty boring and cheap, but collecting all the orbs and getting the achievements are really fun. They're second to King Kong for easiest achievements on 360. Co-op is fun, but a problem with it is someone else will get more experience than you if you ride with them or vice versa. You don't get any of the driving skills while just riding along with someone. It also seems most people want to split up to do their own thing making co-op kinda pointless and nonexistent anyway. It's just easier to play by yourself and get through the game. Also upgrading your character is fun, but you will have them maxed out in a couple of days. This could have definitely used some more diversity in the missions and it just needs more for you to do because once the new wears off and you upgrade and collect most of the orbs, it gets boring because there's nothing left to do. A novice player will have the wrapped up in less than a week. Could have been a rental, but you won't get to play the Halo 3 beta when it's ready without a purchase of a new copy. Too bad, because I want to sell it now towards something else before it drops in price rapidly and I know it will by the end of March without much replay value to keep people coming back for more. Expand
  22. CameronN.
    Feb 26, 2007
    This game is freakin awesome! It has all the freedom that I expected out of it. If I choose between Crackdown and Dead rising, Crackdown would be my #1 choice.
  23. Andrew
    Feb 27, 2007
    Remember NES, when video games weren't very deep, they were just loads of fun? If you do, you will love this game. If you play GTA the way that I do, (all the cheats on, don't do any missions, go around causing mayhem) you will love this game. Sure, it's far from perfect. There's a couple of minor gameplay issues, but mostly it plays incredibly well. Most of the issues Remember NES, when video games weren't very deep, they were just loads of fun? If you do, you will love this game. If you play GTA the way that I do, (all the cheats on, don't do any missions, go around causing mayhem) you will love this game. Sure, it's far from perfect. There's a couple of minor gameplay issues, but mostly it plays incredibly well. Most of the issues are in the things you are given to do. It could be longer. Another gang or two...some types of cool and unique side missions. Some more multiplayer options, like offline, would be sweet. But it's all the best parts of GTA w/o the unnecessary crap (goodbye cliched story and cheesy dialog) and with superhero type powers built into your character (hello building climbing, car throwing and rooftop races.) Yes, it's every bit as fun as that sounds. Probably the most pure fun you will get out of any current 360 game. I don't see how anyone with a pulse could not enjoy playing this. The only reason it gets an 8 is because I'm not sure if they'll charge for future downloadable gangs, which are supposed to be in the works. If they put out 2 or 3 more gangs and some new weapons and maybe some new modes for free, this game will be a 9 or 10. If they try to charge us for extra content on a short game we already paid $60 for.....people will not be....happy. To say the least. Don't nickel and dime us and it's all good. Hold back game content only to f*** us later on....no bueno Microsoft. Don't do it. Or else. Expand
  24. AdamD.
    Feb 9, 2007
    Awesome!
  25. ChrisP.
    Mar 20, 2007
    People have criticized Crackdown for being too short. They say it only takes 6 hours or so to "complete" the game. Those people are muppets. What they mean is it takes about that amount of time to kill all the gang bosses if you focus on doing that at the exclusion of all the other parts of the game. However, there's so much more to the game than just this. Gary Penn from Denki used People have criticized Crackdown for being too short. They say it only takes 6 hours or so to "complete" the game. Those people are muppets. What they mean is it takes about that amount of time to kill all the gang bosses if you focus on doing that at the exclusion of all the other parts of the game. However, there's so much more to the game than just this. Gary Penn from Denki used to write in Edge about how games should be "toysets", with each toy being fun in its own right. Nowhere is the realization of this vision more evident than in Crackdown. He and long-time collaborator Dave Jones have worked with the Real time Worlds team to produce a truly entertaining box of toys. It's true that one of the toys, the gang-boss-fighting toy, doesn't take long to see the end of. But there is also a free running platform game toy, a driving game toy, a stunt car toy and many others. All of the toys are a lot of fun to play with. The game is probably the current pinnacle of the sandbox genre. Largely direction less, the main motivation for play are the achievements. They encourage you to explore the world fully and to play with all the toys. It wouldn't work if each toy wasn't fun but it is. It works beautifully. I don't know how many hours I've played it now but it must be a lot and I'm still having fun finding new things. Even the bugs are fun. If I had to criticize, I'd say the driving doesn't really become fun until you've put some time into upgrading your driving skill. Also, the multiplayer seems a bit of an afterthought, relying mostly on you making your own games if you're going to play it for more than an hour or so. Overall though, this is a wonderful example of how to provide a playground for players. As a truly 3D, toy-filled open world, it is peerless. Expand
  26. DavidHeslop
    May 2, 2007
    Absolutely awesome in almost every conceivable way.
  27. CarstenS.
    May 3, 2007
    Extremely addictive and the most fun I had with a game for a very long time.
  28. SeftonR.
    Jul 18, 2007
    Fabulous game that you will keep coming back to time and again. Only made better with the addition of the downloadable content. Ace!
  29. BarryP.
    Jul 3, 2007
    Brilliant game. Hours of fun and hard earned game achievements make this a long lasting, action packed, instant classic.
  30. PabloR.
    Aug 10, 2007
    This game.... Is so BAD!!!!! OMG! Like.. its so bad... i feel like playing something good to get its horribleness out of my mind.. Pathetic crap. The only reason it has a 2.. is cause of the graphics. Not even the halo beta can save it.
  31. BryanMccann
    Sep 18, 2007
    this game is not a bad game but also not a very good game. once you beat it once there really is no use to play it agian. but the first time you play it it is great. kind of like Gta. but you really don't have to go on surrten missons right away. you can chosse to free the easyest city then go to the hardest or go right after the boss right away. or try to elemiante some of his peoplethis game is not a bad game but also not a very good game. once you beat it once there really is no use to play it agian. but the first time you play it it is great. kind of like Gta. but you really don't have to go on surrten missons right away. you can chosse to free the easyest city then go to the hardest or go right after the boss right away. or try to elemiante some of his people to make him weaker. i always eleminate all but one of the bosses people then i go after him. some times after you deffet the boss the pepole who you did not deffet show up but not a lot. just rent it twice or alroud that and beat it and if you like it a lot buy it used. the car controls could be better though. it just takes some time to get used to them. Expand
  32. MattR.
    Jan 10, 2008
    Very underrated game. Wont win any awards in the story or narrative department but just a sheer joy to play. A unique but well executed visual style, varied game play, and some really fun achievements to earn. This should be in every 360 owner's collection.
  33. OwenM
    May 6, 2008
    Amazing fun to be had here. No real story to speak of, but for those who play GTA just for fooling around this is right up your alley. I don't know how I can go back to GTA with out the ability to jump across city streets.
  34. pm
    May 8, 2008
    Best game so far!!!
  35. lilruntrocksiainttelling
    Jun 4, 2008
    Ok this game is awesome. Its a definite must buy. Its my favorite game i got. Its like saints row on crack but better. You get to upgrade and as you upgrade you obviously get stronger,jump higher farther,shoot better,better driving/handling etc. As you get you driving up you can transform as i call it the agency vehicles into bigger stronger and must faster vehicles. There all tons of Ok this game is awesome. Its a definite must buy. Its my favorite game i got. Its like saints row on crack but better. You get to upgrade and as you upgrade you obviously get stronger,jump higher farther,shoot better,better driving/handling etc. As you get you driving up you can transform as i call it the agency vehicles into bigger stronger and must faster vehicles. There all tons of guns and all awesome. The explosions are really cool and you can climb huge buildings and stuff its awesome. Once you get about 30 min into the game and understand it you dont wanna quit its probably more addicting than oblivion and that was very addicting. But the bad part is that you can probably beat it in about 8 hours or less if you just sit there killing bosses so just mix it in with messing around thats what i do. I have been messing around driving and killing bad guys for the past 2 days now and its still not boring. And when i see a main boss i kill him or at least try and die. This game is very very very fun oh and you can take anything and use it as a weapon. So basicly its a must buy game trust me its very good. And the graphics are good to and for all this i give it a 10 out of 10. Great game!!!!!! Expand
  36. Crash
    May 29, 2009
    Not perfect but definitely fun. The game is entertaining and I recomend it for any 360 owner. The graphics arent great but they work for the 360. The combat system is easy to learn and entertaining and will keep you blowing up city blocks worth of badguys for quite some time as long as you dont just rush the bosses and finish the game. My only major hang up is the driving mechanic. I find Not perfect but definitely fun. The game is entertaining and I recomend it for any 360 owner. The graphics arent great but they work for the 360. The combat system is easy to learn and entertaining and will keep you blowing up city blocks worth of badguys for quite some time as long as you dont just rush the bosses and finish the game. My only major hang up is the driving mechanic. I find the cars touchy, but at the same time hard to handle in these environments which have made me avoid almost all the driving contests in favor of jumping from roof to roof. Expand
  37. MattF.
    Dec 11, 2007
    One of my favourite xbox 360 titles yet. Fantastic co-op mode which is great with a mate. Hours of fun. One of the best parts is the free-roaming. Driving cars and collecting agility orbs can keep you occupied for hours.
  38. LargeMarge
    Jan 27, 2007
    I downloaded the demo the first day it came out, not really thinking it was gonna be anything more than another crap GTA clone...boy was I wrong, These talented game designers have put together a title which "borrows" from the grand theft genre, but has enough of its own originality to really make you feel like youre playing a much different game. The physics engine is so much fun to justI downloaded the demo the first day it came out, not really thinking it was gonna be anything more than another crap GTA clone...boy was I wrong, These talented game designers have put together a title which "borrows" from the grand theft genre, but has enough of its own originality to really make you feel like youre playing a much different game. The physics engine is so much fun to just mess around with by driving off of cliffs, vaulting off of rocks at high speeds...etc. All in all this is a game I most certainly reccomend. Did I mention that all of my thoughts on this game are being based on the FREE DEMO? I can't imagine what the full version is going to be like. Expand
  39. JoeyJ.
    Feb 12, 2007
    Takes the parts of GTA that I loved, the satisfaction of free-roaming in a world that feels completely alive, and puts that as it's core and wraps it up in a great 'rewards' system of skill orbs and gets topped off with solid controls for fighting and driving.
  40. ChrisB.
    Feb 24, 2007
    A great free-roaming adventure combing the best elements of GTA, Spiderman 2 and Mercenaries. Leaping across rooftops and collecting agility orbs to power-up your character is breathtaking (Try climbing the agency tower for some classic platforming style action!) To really appreciate this game you have to be willing to make your own fun - the designers have provided a relatively short A great free-roaming adventure combing the best elements of GTA, Spiderman 2 and Mercenaries. Leaping across rooftops and collecting agility orbs to power-up your character is breathtaking (Try climbing the agency tower for some classic platforming style action!) To really appreciate this game you have to be willing to make your own fun - the designers have provided a relatively short campaign - but there are few side activities other than the ones you create yourself. Still - who can argue with being able to juggle a 4X4 in the air with explosives? Expand
  41. ACE5
    Feb 25, 2007
    I wasn't too sure about this game at first, but i'm glad I got it. Crackdown is a different kind of game. To me it feels like GTA in some ways, but when you start jumping over buildings, and get hooked on finding the orbs, it feels like a platformer. The action gets kind of crazy and sometimes you may feel like you've stepped into a situation you can't handle, but in I wasn't too sure about this game at first, but i'm glad I got it. Crackdown is a different kind of game. To me it feels like GTA in some ways, but when you start jumping over buildings, and get hooked on finding the orbs, it feels like a platformer. The action gets kind of crazy and sometimes you may feel like you've stepped into a situation you can't handle, but in reality you can. There's too much to say about this game, but the main point is the game is good Expand
  42. LaurenceR.
    Feb 26, 2007
    This games offers an experience I never expected, especially playing co-op with friends. It totally blows away Saints Row and gives GTA a serious run for its money. Its game play is so compelling, you
  43. BrendanM.
    Mar 17, 2007
    Crackdown is one of the most fun games ever made. But what it makes up for in pure fun, it loses in length, story, and depth. Its lacking a storyline of any kind, there are no truley fun side missions, and the whole game can be beaten in a few days. All of this said, its still a blast to play!
  44. MikeT.
    Mar 3, 2007
    This is such a bizzare yet additively fun blend of several genres. It has the regenerating health and easily throwable grenades of Halo, the expansive city of GTA, and crazy superhero powers. The action is hard and heavy. Its only bad faults are an questionable camera at times, and the lack of side missions or variety. Collecting orbs is incredibly addictive though, it puts the "Crack" in This is such a bizzare yet additively fun blend of several genres. It has the regenerating health and easily throwable grenades of Halo, the expansive city of GTA, and crazy superhero powers. The action is hard and heavy. Its only bad faults are an questionable camera at times, and the lack of side missions or variety. Collecting orbs is incredibly addictive though, it puts the "Crack" in Crackdown! The fact that this game includes an invite to the beta of the most anticipated game of 2007 (Um, Halo 3!) is just icing on the cake! Expand
  45. DillonB.
    Apr 18, 2007
    This really kept my attention more than most games, but something I can't quite pinpoint kept it from being a 10. It's still a really good game, though.
  46. KP.
    May 21, 2007
    Very fun game, great content and enjoyable for hours on end co-op play across Xbox Live. The only short coming is that a majority of the races and special missions require purchasing add-ons to include the best weapons and best vehicles capable within the game. Other than Microsoft's desire for additional income from the players, the game is well constructed and using the included Very fun game, great content and enjoyable for hours on end co-op play across Xbox Live. The only short coming is that a majority of the races and special missions require purchasing add-ons to include the best weapons and best vehicles capable within the game. Other than Microsoft's desire for additional income from the players, the game is well constructed and using the included equipment and races you are still able to have a lot of fun playing. Expand
  47. NeuroticRampage
    May 31, 2007
    If you like leveling up character stats, going on virtual rampages, playing with a friend, and getting 360 achievments, you are sure to love this game. There is a story despite what you've heard, there is no loading times aside from starting the game up or switching supply points, and the explosions are seriously some of the most kick ass I've witnessed to date in ANY video If you like leveling up character stats, going on virtual rampages, playing with a friend, and getting 360 achievments, you are sure to love this game. There is a story despite what you've heard, there is no loading times aside from starting the game up or switching supply points, and the explosions are seriously some of the most kick ass I've witnessed to date in ANY video game. But after the achievments, and after the story, I'd give this game a months time of replay value left, after that, it does get old. It's a double rent. Not a buy in my opinion. Expand
  48. MattA.
    Jun 23, 2007
    I really enjoyed this game although it is a very short game. I think the achievements should be more challenging. I saw some comments that said the game was to easy then i was thinking y dont u just raise the difficulty u morons?
  49. SimonP.
    Jun 25, 2007
    It baffles me that people complain about or even mention the lack of story in this game. There is a story of sorts, but so what if there wasn't? Personally, I like not having some badly scripted, poorly acted dross that would only impress an particularly unintelligent teenager forced on me in the name of a "story". Crackdown is a game that lets its gameplay speak for it. I really It baffles me that people complain about or even mention the lack of story in this game. There is a story of sorts, but so what if there wasn't? Personally, I like not having some badly scripted, poorly acted dross that would only impress an particularly unintelligent teenager forced on me in the name of a "story". Crackdown is a game that lets its gameplay speak for it. I really enjoyed the freedom to roam and do as I pleased in this game more than in any of the GTA games. As your character levels-up there's a real sense of fun to be had leaping from building to building and dispensing destruction in ever more powerful ways (the lobber weapon available in the recently released download pack is great fun, as are some of the new vehicles). For me the only downsides were some pretty boring driving missions and the undeniable lack of variety in the core missions. Nevertheless, this game is above all else fun, and that's what games should be. You can keep your long drawn out cut scenes and limp attempts to court testosterone fuelled 'yoofs' with a 'gangta' obsession, Crackdown is a sadly under-rated game that deserves a sequel. Expand
  50. DaveW.
    Aug 25, 2007
    An amazing experience. However, it doesn't last long enough. Once you've played with everything there is to play with and completed the fairly tedious "storyline" missions it gets old, fast. With some more time spent on creating a solid, long, set of missions that somehow challenged the player to use their powers in unique and changing ways, this could have been a 9+ game. An amazing experience. However, it doesn't last long enough. Once you've played with everything there is to play with and completed the fairly tedious "storyline" missions it gets old, fast. With some more time spent on creating a solid, long, set of missions that somehow challenged the player to use their powers in unique and changing ways, this could have been a 9+ game. Here's hoping they manage to take it to the next level in a sequel or similar title. Expand
  51. Max
    Aug 3, 2007
    I am positive that the majority of the gamers who bought this game only bought it to play the Halo 3 beta but Crackdown alone is still a decently good game. It's gameplay is better than Grand Theft Auto's because you can jump 20 feet high and drive a sports car at 160 mph loaded with machine guns. But unlike GTA you can't go into details with your character like builing I am positive that the majority of the gamers who bought this game only bought it to play the Halo 3 beta but Crackdown alone is still a decently good game. It's gameplay is better than Grand Theft Auto's because you can jump 20 feet high and drive a sports car at 160 mph loaded with machine guns. But unlike GTA you can't go into details with your character like builing muscles or getting fat off of fast food or clothes or hair style. And Crackdown did come out with a cheat mode available for download but nothing can beat the GTA cheats (if you have GTA San Andreas you HAVE to play it withs cheats sometime). Expand
  52. BlueFalcon
    Aug 4, 2007
    For me this has been the most addictive game on the 360. It basically is a next gen grand theft auto, but with a futuristic theme. It will take about 10 hrs to get through the main missions, and 30+ more with the side missions. I do wish there was more content, but that's a compliment. It's an outstanding game.
  53. Anthony
    Feb 17, 2008
    Very good game. It will keep your playing and playing, also if you like just messing around with the Havoc physics, like a Grand Theft Auto game you can go to the marketplace and download the Free For All pack for free. It's extremely fun. Reason why I give it a 7 is the fact that when you're asked to do co-op on Xbox Live, it usually lags or gets disconnected after a few tries.
  54. Lycos8
    Feb 29, 2008
    The game may lack depth and variety;, however, building up your agent's abilities to the point where he can throw cars and leap from rooftop to rooftop, all while making head-shots with a pistol, quickly become addicting. The game also has a nice soundtrack and a rather large city to explore.
  55. nikephoros
    Mar 17, 2008
    Incredibly fun game that gives as much joy in exploring its environment as in finishing the missions. I
  56. CormacH.
    Jun 11, 2008
    GTA meets Spiderman. This is one of the best games on the 360. You get into it far quicker, is more tactical and yet remains quick and explosive through out. Over very quickly though but Co-op and tougher difficulties as well as hidden extras will keep you going for days.
  57. IanR.
    Jul 20, 2008
    Crackdown is a decent game that is fun and action packed. The trick that the developers used in Crackdown is that the more you play the more fun fighting crime becomes. Your skill improve the more you fight so its encouraged to cause mayhem. That being said its not a very in depth game either. There aren't any buildings you can go in, no story, and there isn't any mini games. Crackdown is a decent game that is fun and action packed. The trick that the developers used in Crackdown is that the more you play the more fun fighting crime becomes. Your skill improve the more you fight so its encouraged to cause mayhem. That being said its not a very in depth game either. There aren't any buildings you can go in, no story, and there isn't any mini games. Its like mercenaries and ultimate spiderman in one package. Its worth a try! Expand
  58. David
    Apr 13, 2009
    Very Very Very Fun game!! It is a wide open game from the get go. I know this might sound shallow but there are no stories and no cut scenes. Just get your car and your guns and go out there and kick some but. Love the 3 different nationalities and how detailed they were with the language and everything. Just so much fun! I just loved being able to jump from one place to another. I never Very Very Very Fun game!! It is a wide open game from the get go. I know this might sound shallow but there are no stories and no cut scenes. Just get your car and your guns and go out there and kick some but. Love the 3 different nationalities and how detailed they were with the language and everything. Just so much fun! I just loved being able to jump from one place to another. I never play games twice but this is the type of game that I would gladly start again. I hope there is a sequel. Expand
  59. JoshuaF
    Jun 16, 2009
    This is what GTA4 should have been. The pacing of the game is great and it's easy to get around the city, even on foot. The RPG style elements force you to play the game differently then i normally would which keep the action going. Boss fights however are fairly easy (just knock them down and keep kicking them) and boring. I went out of my way to rate this game better then gta4.
  60. jlaw
    Aug 28, 2009
    This game is pretty awesome. It's not the most replayable of games but if you take the time and effort you can definitely try some things. people say it's repetitive but they said the same thing about Assassin's Creed. This game is not perfect but if they put some story and more gameplay options in the sequel people will love it more. i won't mind if they keep the This game is pretty awesome. It's not the most replayable of games but if you take the time and effort you can definitely try some things. people say it's repetitive but they said the same thing about Assassin's Creed. This game is not perfect but if they put some story and more gameplay options in the sequel people will love it more. i won't mind if they keep the round house kick though :) Expand
  61. RussellC.
    Oct 13, 2007
    I didnt take to this game at first, seeing my mate playing it, it did semm like a cheap GTA concept, with the bad controls and the ever waffling chief of police in your ear- didnt impres me at all.But seeing the Deeper features to the game made me turn my opinion around. With every leap and explosion this game seems to get better and better over time. I now place this in my top ten... and I didnt take to this game at first, seeing my mate playing it, it did semm like a cheap GTA concept, with the bad controls and the ever waffling chief of police in your ear- didnt impres me at all.But seeing the Deeper features to the game made me turn my opinion around. With every leap and explosion this game seems to get better and better over time. I now place this in my top ten... and I prefer this to Halo 3 too. But all this is just my opinion. Expand
  62. WyattG.
    Oct 22, 2007
    There are so many things to like about this game that you could be tempted to give it a 9 or even a 10, but in the end it is held back by a few problems. Before the bad, let's talk about the good. The game is similar in style to Grand Theft Auto or Saints Row, but this time you are a policeman whose sole purpose is eliminating the 21 gangster bosses that rule the city .... Sounds fun There are so many things to like about this game that you could be tempted to give it a 9 or even a 10, but in the end it is held back by a few problems. Before the bad, let's talk about the good. The game is similar in style to Grand Theft Auto or Saints Row, but this time you are a policeman whose sole purpose is eliminating the 21 gangster bosses that rule the city .... Sounds fun ? Well it is, but there is also 2 other factors that make it even more enjoyable; firstly, as you eliminate more and more of the crooks your powers increase, which means you can run faster, jump higher, shoot more accurately and with greater impact, lift heavier objects and throw them further, and drive vehicles faster. Towards the end of the game you will soon be this SUPER cop who can do some pretty amazing things; which you will need to be, because the bosses that you have to eliminate later in the game are much harder to kill. The second factor that makes the game even more enjoyable is that the city that you will explore can not just be explored at ground level, but your ability to jump huge distances will also allow you to go vertical ! The graphics for this game are top notch, the control system is excellent, in particular the lock on shooting system is something that other games of this style could make use of, and the sound effects are fantastic......The bad ? The game is short and lacks variety. In simple terms all 21 boss missions are the same, basically you get shown on your map where the boss is and you head in that direction eliminating all gang members until you reach the boss where you eliminate them (as a side note...you would have thought that as a police officer it would be more important to capture the boss and return him for questioning, but I guess this would make for a boring game !). There are no side missions to do, so after a while it becomes a little tedious doing the same procedure 21 times, although the different types of locations that the bosses are found in does add some interest. The other bad part of the game is the fact that there is no split screen offline co-op mode (although there is online co-op). Being able to play with someone else in the same room on the same TV would have added a new dimension to the game and would have helped make up for the shortness of the single player. Once you have killed all 21 bosses there is not a lot to do apart from regenerate them and do it all over again (although you will do it even faster 2nd time around as your powers will still be maxed out from the 1st time), which for me was just not of interest, although I did spend some time getting some of the fun gamescore achievements that are available. In short, you will enjoy it while it lasts, but it does not last long enough. Expand
  63. BenjaminS.
    Feb 21, 2007
    When I first got Crackdown I was just getting it because of the Halo 3 beta, but once I played it I realized that it is probably my favorite game for the 360 since Oblivion!
  64. JoelC.
    Feb 24, 2007
    Don't disregard this because its a 10. No game is perfect. No game. However, to me this is what a game should be, fun. Fun that last's. Grand Theft Auto with superhuman controls, set in the future. What else is there to say? BIG explosions, excellent draw-in distance. You can be at the top of a building and see cars all the way across the entire map. Don't believe me? Then Don't disregard this because its a 10. No game is perfect. No game. However, to me this is what a game should be, fun. Fun that last's. Grand Theft Auto with superhuman controls, set in the future. What else is there to say? BIG explosions, excellent draw-in distance. You can be at the top of a building and see cars all the way across the entire map. Don't believe me? Then download the demo. Thats it. Expand
  65. KritzM.
    Feb 25, 2007
    What ever short comings that are found while playing this game can be instantly ignored as it puts together a well rounded experience of fighting, shooting, driving, exploding and most importantly, jumping, around the game's city. There are a few bugs that you'll helplessly run into, such as falling through the ground or targeting a dead body, but you'll be having so much What ever short comings that are found while playing this game can be instantly ignored as it puts together a well rounded experience of fighting, shooting, driving, exploding and most importantly, jumping, around the game's city. There are a few bugs that you'll helplessly run into, such as falling through the ground or targeting a dead body, but you'll be having so much fun they'll hardly have an impact. The real crime here would be not having it in your game collection. Expand
  66. FBoy
    Feb 25, 2007
    This game is great fun when I first got it I thought it was alright but when I started leveling up especially on strength and agility it was so much fun bashing people on the head with cars and jumping from building to building collecting orbs. Lets see the PS3 top this game, but we won't .
  67. MichaelK.
    Feb 26, 2007
    Personally when I first heard of this game I thought ok another GTA clone except with the Halo 3 beta but I was wrong this game is incredible.
  68. KellyK.
    Feb 27, 2007
    It's truly awesome. The funnest time I've had playing a game maybe ever. The coop feature really puts it over the top, playing the game with another person increases it's fun exponentially. Imagine a game where you're so high on top of a building that you're actually nervous about falling! The level of freedom is astounding and I love the futuristic atmosphere. My It's truly awesome. The funnest time I've had playing a game maybe ever. The coop feature really puts it over the top, playing the game with another person increases it's fun exponentially. Imagine a game where you're so high on top of a building that you're actually nervous about falling! The level of freedom is astounding and I love the futuristic atmosphere. My only complaint is that it needs more replay value, however it's greatness more than compensates for it's weaknesses. Expand
  69. Jake
    Mar 11, 2007
    It was really fun and the rocket launchers and grenades rocked :D i liked the cars once u got to 4 star driving skill and could climb walls and it was fun killing wang and beating the game, I also liked the odd twist at the end after you beat it.
  70. KDep
    Mar 14, 2007
    Great game. Nice graphics, loads of fun. It's basically GTA meets Deus Ex. Lots of replay value and lots to do in between missions. I little lacking in the story department, but gameplay is fantastic. Highly recommended.
  71. JayR.
    Sep 13, 2007
    This game is a mix of GTA3 and Oni anyone that gives this game a low score and claims that the game is short is a moron and has ZERO understanding of free roaming GTA type games. the game is NOT short, just today played it for 2 hours straight and i didint complete a single objective in the game, i just jumped around from rooftops ,shooting random people,blowing stuff up, the game is This game is a mix of GTA3 and Oni anyone that gives this game a low score and claims that the game is short is a moron and has ZERO understanding of free roaming GTA type games. the game is NOT short, just today played it for 2 hours straight and i didint complete a single objective in the game, i just jumped around from rooftops ,shooting random people,blowing stuff up, the game is totally open. thers no story,no stupid cut scenes that FORCED on you, this game is like a very tasty candy bar, you cant just waste it by completing it at once. the only negative thing is that thers no bikes,helicopters or boats in this game. Expand
  72. Aug 13, 2010
    I really like this game. I like the freedom. The freedom to car jack anyone to murder citizens and criminals alike, i do like it. Although, it's not all good. Sometimes it's difficult to get to the places you need to be and i found it difficult using the map as well. But all in all, i reccomend this greatly because these are only small problems and easy to live with so i highly reccomendI really like this game. I like the freedom. The freedom to car jack anyone to murder citizens and criminals alike, i do like it. Although, it's not all good. Sometimes it's difficult to get to the places you need to be and i found it difficult using the map as well. But all in all, i reccomend this greatly because these are only small problems and easy to live with so i highly reccomend this...... Expand
  73. Mar 22, 2011
    this game is basically assasines creed in the future . that being said it suffers from the same problem that game did ... its repetitive and boring . no mission varity just go kill the enimys and bosses . nothing very intresting for guns . the graphics are just ok the idea of finding 100s of orbs to power my charicter up that are scattered all over the city just is NOT appealing . i do notthis game is basically assasines creed in the future . that being said it suffers from the same problem that game did ... its repetitive and boring . no mission varity just go kill the enimys and bosses . nothing very intresting for guns . the graphics are just ok the idea of finding 100s of orbs to power my charicter up that are scattered all over the city just is NOT appealing . i do not want to play hide and go seek crap. the ability to play in Co-op i thought would improve the game making abit more fun to play with a friend but all it does is make you both bored . its not a horrable game just a very very very mediocore one. Expand
  74. Sep 9, 2011
    A really fun game with some very interesting concepts.A cartoon-like sandbox game,Crackdown really delivers.Finding all of the green orbs was the most fun I've had in a game for an age and one of the games selling points.A better story and mission structure would have been much appreciated,though that doesn't take any fun away and it was very enjoyable nonetheless.
  75. Feb 28, 2011
    Boring and very repetitive. I do enjoy the open world aspect, but that is it. Driving around really is not too fun because the skill is annoying to upgrade. Every corner there is a group of gang members to shoot at you, and then you find out that there are like twenty more on the rooftops, all of which of rockets that always get you. GTA puts this game to shame. Worst Open World game IBoring and very repetitive. I do enjoy the open world aspect, but that is it. Driving around really is not too fun because the skill is annoying to upgrade. Every corner there is a group of gang members to shoot at you, and then you find out that there are like twenty more on the rooftops, all of which of rockets that always get you. GTA puts this game to shame. Worst Open World game I have ever played. Expand
  76. Jul 21, 2012
    Bad, tedious, nonsensical action game, with poor character development, dialogue and depth. Missions are overly repetitive. There is no plot, you basically just kill people. Being an open-ended game, one expect side-quest, and a bit of non-linear indulgence. Crackdown does not provide that and fails on so many levels. Your character is an overpowered brute, who can jump astronomicalBad, tedious, nonsensical action game, with poor character development, dialogue and depth. Missions are overly repetitive. There is no plot, you basically just kill people. Being an open-ended game, one expect side-quest, and a bit of non-linear indulgence. Crackdown does not provide that and fails on so many levels. Your character is an overpowered brute, who can jump astronomical heights and bleed excessively on higher levels. Then we have the orbs, my god who cares about the damn orbs, there are too many. It just seems that an inimitable game hasn't being produced in the 21st-century. When will the recycling end? Expand
  77. Jun 10, 2013
    Crackdown has certainly taking inspiration from the open world template laid down by the Grand Theft Auto series but has enough ideas of its own to ensure it does not live in the shadows of Rockstars epics. Played from a third-person perspective players take control of one of a selection of super-agents based in Pacific City. You soon learn that it is not a particularly safe place with theCrackdown has certainly taking inspiration from the open world template laid down by the Grand Theft Auto series but has enough ideas of its own to ensure it does not live in the shadows of Rockstars epics. Played from a third-person perspective players take control of one of a selection of super-agents based in Pacific City. You soon learn that it is not a particularly safe place with the authorities in turmoil and three powerful criminal gangs spread across the landscape.

The goal is to wipe out these gangs and while the story itself is fairly simplistic the gameplay more than makes up for it. As you power up your agent you gradually become quicker, stronger and more skilled in the use of weaponry. Pretty soon you will be leaping over buildings or taking out entire groups of enemies with the throw of a car. The emphasise in Crackdown is all about giving the player free reign and it succeeds completely, there is rarely a dull moment here.

Playing the game alone is certainly a blast from start to finish but it is in when played with a friend over Xbox Live that the game really comes into its own. Another player is free to drop in an out of your game at any point helping with just some of the tougher bosses or the entire game if they wish. There are no restrictions on where each player can go either so it is entirely possible to be fighting on the opposite side of the map to your friend, although teamwork does make things easier. Aside from the main campaign there are plenty of timed races and collectables located on the map for those that enjoy that sort of thing. The collectables come in the form of 'orbs' that each improve different stats for your character and chasing down every last one can be extremely addictive.

While a sequel is now available on Xbox360, adding new gameplay elements such as the fantastic flight suit, it is the original Crackdown that remains the superior experience.
  78. Mar 11, 2012
    My favourite game on the Xbox 360. Love the graphics, the setting, the gameplay, and all the fun stuff you can do. You are a cyborg supercop with free rein of a futuristic city in which you can climb over pretty much everything whilst killing gangstas. Plus you can play it through in a weekend if you want to, and in full co-op. What's not to like?
  79. Sep 21, 2011
    When I first played this game, I was in awe, I loved it, I could not stop playing it! Although after a while, the game kinda starts to loose it's amusement, it's still a great game, and I for sure give it a thumbs up
  80. Nov 11, 2012
    The most significant compliment to this game in my opinion is that it manages to be an Action RPG without making it complicated or overwhelming at first. You can jump right into the action and start having fun. You are given helpful hints and information along with general flattering remarks as you play. This game is all action and no menus. You are introduced gradually and almostThe most significant compliment to this game in my opinion is that it manages to be an Action RPG without making it complicated or overwhelming at first. You can jump right into the action and start having fun. You are given helpful hints and information along with general flattering remarks as you play. This game is all action and no menus. You are introduced gradually and almost seamlessly to all the elements and the RPG stuff takes care of itself as you play rather than having to go through menus and choose traits and so on. The action is repetitive but fast and very arcade. The three difficulty levels make sure the game isn't too hard or too easy. Controls could have been better; you can't change your sensitivity or button layout - but all in all it's not bad. Not fluent but passable. The arcadey-ness of this game cannot be emphasized enough. It feels like a next-gen Total Overdose rather than a serious Action RPG. It's certainly not a bad-looking game considering that it's running on the ancient RenderWare game engine which was used for GTA III. It's definitely a good choice for this type of game and the graphics don't disappoint. Overall nothing special, just a simple and fairly repetitive sandbox action RPG. Worth a look if you're bored but not a serious game in terms of quality. Expand
  81. Jul 26, 2012
    People who put this game down must be anti-fun. Crackdown is a perfect example of how not all games need deep stories or complex game mechanics. Sometimes just giving you the tools to explore an interesting city and blow it up is enough. The setting is very reminiscent of Robocop with a city running wild and a shady law enforcement corporation using their newest science-created superheroPeople who put this game down must be anti-fun. Crackdown is a perfect example of how not all games need deep stories or complex game mechanics. Sometimes just giving you the tools to explore an interesting city and blow it up is enough. The setting is very reminiscent of Robocop with a city running wild and a shady law enforcement corporation using their newest science-created superhero (in this case a genetically engineered super-soldier instead of a cyborg) to retake the streets with excessive force.

It's simple and short but the action is fun and highly addictive. You can spend hours just leaping around the city like Spider-Man, descending only to rain death upon gang members. There are cars as well like Grand Theft Auto but to be honest I hardly ever used them since your character is incredibly mobile once he's leveled up.

For those of you looking for a deeper, more cinematic experience, Crackdown probably isn't for you. But if you're looking for a mindless and addicting action game to blow throw on a boring weekend Crackdown is a good candidate that will cost you next to nothing these days. If you like other straight-up action third person games on the 360 like Vanquish and Earth Defense Force 2017, by all means check this one out.
  82. Dec 13, 2012
    Better than GTA 4 in almost every way, Crackdown is one of the most innovative open world games of recent years. The gameplay is fast paced and upgradable, with a lot of content to boot.
  83. May 12, 2013
    Found this game at the bottom of my game pile and never really got stuck into it. So did it deserve to be theirs in the first place or was it more then that? Its a great game and did not deserve to be their for 4 years! Having 21 boss battles, a lot of side missions for lots of hours of gameplay. Abilitys that make your character a unstopable soulder. Storys decent and for the timeFound this game at the bottom of my game pile and never really got stuck into it. So did it deserve to be theirs in the first place or was it more then that? Its a great game and did not deserve to be their for 4 years! Having 21 boss battles, a lot of side missions for lots of hours of gameplay. Abilitys that make your character a unstopable soulder. Storys decent and for the time graphics for this game are great. Only real con was I never was faced with any real chalenge. Overall a great game and I wish I never had got bored with this! Crackdoen 8.7/10 Expand
  84. Sep 6, 2013
    Stupid fun where the less you think about what you're doing the better it its. I can see when this game was released that some of what you do would be innovative and fun, but in 2013 there are many games that do the same things better. If you want to climb buildings, play Assassin's Creed. If you want wide open kill fest, play GTA, if you want to drive madly through a city, play driverStupid fun where the less you think about what you're doing the better it its. I can see when this game was released that some of what you do would be innovative and fun, but in 2013 there are many games that do the same things better. If you want to climb buildings, play Assassin's Creed. If you want wide open kill fest, play GTA, if you want to drive madly through a city, play driver 3. I did have fun playing this game, but only when I forgot what other games I could be playing. Also, the ending is REALLY lame, and a bad ending turned a generous 6 into a deserved 4. Expand
  85. Nov 23, 2012
    Easy and short. Im sure back in 2007 it was an awesome game. I personally like crackdown 2 alot better. This game is not bad though. its just not great either.
  86. Apr 7, 2013
    Crackdown is a game that has potential but seems to be missing the final link. The game pitches you as an agent working for a police orginization known as "The Agency". You travel around the city fighting gangs, and this is where the game seems to be lacking. Although, it is a nice idea, the boss fights you encounter seem repetitive and unsatisfying. Although the game provides some goodCrackdown is a game that has potential but seems to be missing the final link. The game pitches you as an agent working for a police orginization known as "The Agency". You travel around the city fighting gangs, and this is where the game seems to be lacking. Although, it is a nice idea, the boss fights you encounter seem repetitive and unsatisfying. Although the game provides some good moments, overall it's missing something to make it a truly great game. Expand
  87. May 29, 2013
    This has got to be one of the best exclusive titles on the Xbox 360. You start off as a super powered clone who is tasked with taking on all of the crime lords in Pacific City. Over the course of the game, you get much stronger in physical combat, you become more effective with guns and explosives, you become much more agile and able to run faster and jump higher and get upgraded cars toThis has got to be one of the best exclusive titles on the Xbox 360. You start off as a super powered clone who is tasked with taking on all of the crime lords in Pacific City. Over the course of the game, you get much stronger in physical combat, you become more effective with guns and explosives, you become much more agile and able to run faster and jump higher and get upgraded cars to help you with your campaign against crime lords. There are many bases you have to take out and the sky's the limit when it comes to figuring out how you want to take on a gang base. You can go in there guns blazing or just use your brute strength and topple everyone over. You can throw cars from afar or plant explosives all over the area killing everyone. There are many options to dealing with people which just adds to its fun and if you can get a friend to play with you, you're gonna have a grand time. Totally worth the buy. Expand
  88. Jul 19, 2014
    Crackdown is very addictive, fun and well done. It does not have much of a story but the premise is you are a super hero law enforcer and you have 3 gangs to bring down each with 21 kingpins. The combat is awesome and you can even upgrade your powers. The city is the perfect playground for huge destruction and I love the cell shaded comic book graphics!
  89. Aug 11, 2013
    Hours of free roaming fun. Solo or with a buddy
    The game will only get repetitive if you don't explore find new weapons/cars etc.
    don't run through main mission after main mission. You won't be doing the game or yourself any justice ITS FREE FOR GOLD THIS MONTH....NO EXCUSE NOT TO CATCH THE ADDICTING ORB HUNTING CRACKDOWN FEVER!!! msg bluntz4breakfas if ur down 4 a co-op run. i got
    Hours of free roaming fun. Solo or with a buddy
    msg bluntz4breakfas if ur down 4 a co-op run. i got the 2 400pt packs. if that matters
    add me today. or msg me 4 playtimes best of us
  90. Aug 20, 2013
    After everything I heard about Crackdown being awful I decided never to pick this game up but now It's free on Live i have no excuse. I found it a very polarising game. On one hand it has barely any story, the combat needs a bit of improvement, The lock on system was woeful, constantly locking on to dead soldiers, civilian cars and basically everything apart from what I wanted. Despite allAfter everything I heard about Crackdown being awful I decided never to pick this game up but now It's free on Live i have no excuse. I found it a very polarising game. On one hand it has barely any story, the combat needs a bit of improvement, The lock on system was woeful, constantly locking on to dead soldiers, civilian cars and basically everything apart from what I wanted. Despite all the negatives what this game does well, It does very well. The level up system is perfect, The visuals, despite being a little rough, are awesome, Picking up a car to dash at a nearby pedestrian is one of the greatest things in a game i've ever seen. The strength and movement/ jumping system all together was bags of fun. The developers really put time into this game. But there is a big but. After the game ended and i'd collected roughly half of the orbs, I felt no desire to play again, there is absolutely no replay value, whatsoever. It's a time waster, but it is fun, while it lasts. Expand
  91. Jan 18, 2014
    I bought this game because I like cell shaded animation and the promise of being able to jump to the top of buildings but in reality I didn't play this game for very long as I found when you have leaped to the top of a building jumped down on a gang of unsuspecting victims while using the **** shooting mechanic, you have kind of done it all. Boring.
  92. Apr 11, 2014
    I last completed this game 5 years ago, and just played it again yesterday and remembered how awesome the whole premise is. Operating for a fascist police state has never been this much fun, with a wide range of guns, interesting explosives and some cool shooting mechanics to boot. What really leaps out though is the brilliant 'agility' mechanics which allows you to scale buildings andI last completed this game 5 years ago, and just played it again yesterday and remembered how awesome the whole premise is. Operating for a fascist police state has never been this much fun, with a wide range of guns, interesting explosives and some cool shooting mechanics to boot. What really leaps out though is the brilliant 'agility' mechanics which allows you to scale buildings and jump from rooftop to rooftop like Spiderman on steroids. The melee mechanics aren't anything to write home about, with connection poor and flimsy, but this is easily compensated for by the ability to pick almost every part of the environment up and hurl it at enemies, starting from bricks and cardoors all the way to trucks and 'Universal Studios' sized globes as you increase in your skills. The driving as well is slightly flawed in the sense that every car apart from about three are terrible to drive, even when you improve your driving skills, and have no true distinguishing features, although the ability of your 'Agency' vehicles to transform as your skill improves is not only impressive, but have great and entertaining abilities as well.

In the end, buy this if you love the freedom and gritty world of GTA mixed with the sense of justice and superhero flair of Batman Arkham City. I would say if you can get this for $15 or less...BUY IT.
  93. Jul 16, 2014
    Crackdown came to prominence due to Microsoft's decision to package the Halo 3 multiplayer trial with the game. To everyone's surprise the actual Crackdown game turned out to be a very fun (if somewhat flawed) open world action game.

In Crackdown one plays a genetically enhanced super solider called The Agent for an organization called The Agency run by a disembodied voice known as The Director. Through both your actions and the collection of orbs you increase your powers to the point that you are a true bad ass jumping around the city (surprisingly not called The City, naming things not being Realtime Worlds' strong suit).

The game's city consisting of three islands each controlled by a different gang with your headquarters on a forth smaller island in the middle. The gangs are Los Muertos (Your standard South American Drug Cartel), The Volk (Your standard Russian Mafia), and The Shai-Gen Corporation ( which represents Sony).

The graphics are a colorful cell-shaded affair that fits surprisingly well with the chaos and the ever more outrageous powers you will achieve. The sound (with one notable exception detailed below) is also quite good with the hum of the agility orbs almost being hypnotic (and yes you will see agility orbs in your daily life and hear the hum in your sleep.) There are a couple of bits of genius in Crackdown. The first and most obvious is the combining of item collection and powers. The powers are more than mere stat boosts as there are both visible (You crackle with electricity when you level up a core power ) and quite fun (You can roundhouse kick a mack truck and leap from skyscraper to skyscraper).

The other brilliant move is the structure. In the game you are tasked with taking out the three gangs as you see fit. Each gang consists of a boss and various sub-bosses that specialize in various tasks for their boss (Such as training bodyguards or providing weapons). By taking out the sub-bosses you weaken a certain part of the bosses defenses therefore making him an easier target. It's a brilliant structure that gives a real sense of accomplishment in a open world environment.

It is a good thing that Crackdown is such well structured and fun game, because the game certainly has a bunch of flaws that easily would be game-breakers in almost any other adventure.

For starters there is combat. There is a reason my Agent maxed out his punch people in the face ability first. Now hand to hand combat has its own set of issues. (Mainly facing the wrong way and missing enemies outright while jamming the B button.) Compared however to the auto-aim on guns, hand to hand combat is of a Street Fighter II Turbo caliber.

Auto-aim has two favorite targets: civilian vehicles and dead guys. Crackdown loves shooting dead guys, perhaps as a forerunner to the zombies in Crackdown 2 one might muse. Getting your targeting off the dead guy and onto the guy with a rocket launcher is surprisingly challenging.

Part of the games challenge is making seemingly impossible jumps to grab onto a distant ledge. Unfortunately sometimes a ledge looks like a ledge, quacks like a ledge and yet your agent proceeds to plummet eighty stories to his demise. While the parkour in Crackdown is fun, and one of the games selling points, it isn't what I would call fine tuned.

Speaking of both out of tune and poorly tuned we have the vehicles. Driving is one of your abilities in Crackdown and in theory when one reaches the highest level ones car becomes a super powered monster. I say in theory because there is actually no need to power this up to defeat the game. In fact once your all important agility power has a few stars under its belt, cars are simply superfluous since you can now jump from rooftop to rooftop.

And thank God for that. For such a relatively small map Crackdown's streets are a confusing labyrinth. To add to the mess the in-game map has no custom waypoints. Strangely, The Agency claims they want you to capture enemy vehicles and bring them back to headquarters. However the entrance to headquarters is unmarked on your map, almost impossible to find and is disguised on top of that like the Bat-Cave entrance from the caped crusader's sixties TV show.

In addition the way you increase your driving skill is by winning races (easier said than done and hardly a fun pastime in this particular game) or running over gang members. Gang members however seem to metamorphosis into Cirque du Soleil performers the minute one points a car in their general direction.

The final nail in the driving coffin is the in game radio. One of the joys of open world games is simply cruising around the city listening
  94. Aug 12, 2014
    This game has sadly been forgotten about by a lot of people. But the mark it made on gaming still exists today. Crackdown, the third person superhero law enforcement game, is brilliant in almost every aspect. You can have tons and tons of fun blowing stuff up, it has marvellous graphics, with a great soundtrack to boot. And collecting orbs, wow! Collecting orbs is so fun! You can investThis game has sadly been forgotten about by a lot of people. But the mark it made on gaming still exists today. Crackdown, the third person superhero law enforcement game, is brilliant in almost every aspect. You can have tons and tons of fun blowing stuff up, it has marvellous graphics, with a great soundtrack to boot. And collecting orbs, wow! Collecting orbs is so fun! You can invest loads of time into it. And there's actually a purpose for doing it. Sure, it's repetitive, and the boss A.I. is bad, but you don't notice it when you're having this much fun! Expand
  95. Dec 11, 2014
    Though the missions are repeatitive to a very annoying end, the feeling of being somewhat like a superhero in an open world is just too fun to pass up. Beating up enemies, throwing cars at them, its all just enjoyable. Not if you're wanting a story, just if you want to beat up some A.I. all game.
  96. Sep 3, 2015
    Hands down one of the best Xbox360 Games of all time.Before I played it my expectations of the game were low,but when I started playing it I quickly realized just how great this game was.It's all about slowly and steadily getting the upper hand on the various Crime Empires throughout the City of Pacific City.The main objectives is to assassinate the head of each criminal organisation,thusHands down one of the best Xbox360 Games of all time.Before I played it my expectations of the game were low,but when I started playing it I quickly realized just how great this game was.It's all about slowly and steadily getting the upper hand on the various Crime Empires throughout the City of Pacific City.The main objectives is to assassinate the head of each criminal organisation,thus making you even stronger and eliminating obstacles that would otherwise hold you hack from significant progress.Your abilities such as strength,jumping and many more can become Superhero-like as you are able jump 80 feet in the air and leap 30 plus feet over Skyscrapers like they were mere miniatures.Once you have your favorite weapons layouts the City is yours to reclaim and I will tell you this-I had A lot of fun with this Game and still look back fondly thinking about this Game all these years later. Expand

1. I’ll admit I was hooked for the first five hours, but as the game waned on, so did the entertainment of the game.
    Halo fans will be happy to hear this game also comes with an invitation to the Halo 3 multiplayer beta.
  3. A wonderful sandbox title that branches off from the "GTA" tree rather than feeding off it; when you set off a huge chain reaction of barrels, you’ll see the game "Saints Row" wished it was. When you climb to the top of the Agency HQ and peer down at the world, you’ll see the game "Just Cause" could never be. And every so often, you’ll see another moment of brilliance; a reminder of the game you want GTA IV to be.