8.0

1. Zappyzuke
    Mar 24, 2007
    The game is way to easy and very short. Looking back it actually produce no challenge to beat. The game loses it's luster with repetitive game play and lack of weapons. But I'm glad I can get achievements; sweet I can blow up 50 cars in 10 seconds....NOT!
  2. Nov 6, 2013
    Just played through the whole game. Graphics and design are mediocre. There isn't really a story. But what annoyed me the most is you do the same sh*t over and over. The shooting, jumping and RPG elements were pretty good, but that's the only thing what kept me going. Uninspiring and it felt like I wasted 10+ hours. The ending has a funny twist though. 5.2/10
  3. Dec 24, 2013
    A good fun game, plenty to do with pacing and completion time which do not leave you grinding through till the end.

Fun driving, fun shooting, challenges, mild rpg mechanics and plenty of space to explore.

This was to put it simply just a pleasant and entertaining romp.
  4. PaulM.
    Feb 27, 2007
    Great fun, loads of battles and great platforming elements. Increasing your characters ability is really rewarding when you realize you can leap over entire buildings and pick up cars etc. Very amusing. On the downside (and te reason i gave this a 7) is once you have defeated all the bosses the game just feels empty. I wiped out everyone in 3 days! The co-op does add re-playability to it Great fun, loads of battles and great platforming elements. Increasing your characters ability is really rewarding when you realize you can leap over entire buildings and pick up cars etc. Very amusing. On the downside (and te reason i gave this a 7) is once you have defeated all the bosses the game just feels empty. I wiped out everyone in 3 days! The co-op does add re-playability to it but not enough to make this a classic. Expand
  5. AndyH.
    Mar 1, 2007
    FPS Master's review is pretty much spot on. Initially the game is awsome; the graphics and sound are excellent but you really need a HD TV and a 5.1 system. I would say I was a gamer with average ability but still managed to complete the main missions in about 15 hours. I've still got the side missions to do (jumping, driving and orb collecting) but I don't feel I really FPS Master's review is pretty much spot on. Initially the game is awsome; the graphics and sound are excellent but you really need a HD TV and a 5.1 system. I would say I was a gamer with average ability but still managed to complete the main missions in about 15 hours. I've still got the side missions to do (jumping, driving and orb collecting) but I don't feel I really need to do them. If you are not interested in the Halo3 beta, this is definately a rental. Expand
  6. FPSMaster
    Feb 25, 2007
    Really addictive game at first. Has some cool cel-shaded graphics too. Some say it looks like an Xbox game, but I think they're missing the point. It has tons of objects and people on-screen, with a long draw distance and not much pop-up with hardly any framerate problems. This could not have been done on Xbox without 10 fps at most. Nice textures too. The problem is, you will play Really addictive game at first. Has some cool cel-shaded graphics too. Some say it looks like an Xbox game, but I think they're missing the point. It has tons of objects and people on-screen, with a long draw distance and not much pop-up with hardly any framerate problems. This could not have been done on Xbox without 10 fps at most. Nice textures too. The problem is, you will play it a lot at first because it's so addictive, but you will also finish it quickly and have most of the achievements after about 2 days. The missions themselves are pretty boring and cheap, but collecting all the orbs and getting the achievements are really fun. They're second to King Kong for easiest achievements on 360. Co-op is fun, but a problem with it is someone else will get more experience than you if you ride with them or vice versa. You don't get any of the driving skills while just riding along with someone. It also seems most people want to split up to do their own thing making co-op kinda pointless and nonexistent anyway. It's just easier to play by yourself and get through the game. Also upgrading your character is fun, but you will have them maxed out in a couple of days. This could have definitely used some more diversity in the missions and it just needs more for you to do because once the new wears off and you upgrade and collect most of the orbs, it gets boring because there's nothing left to do. A novice player will have the wrapped up in less than a week. Could have been a rental, but you won't get to play the Halo 3 beta when it's ready without a purchase of a new copy. Too bad, because I want to sell it now towards something else before it drops in price rapidly and I know it will by the end of March without much replay value to keep people coming back for more. Expand
  7. BryanMccann
    Sep 18, 2007
    this game is not a bad game but also not a very good game. once you beat it once there really is no use to play it agian. but the first time you play it it is great. kind of like Gta. but you really don't have to go on surrten missons right away. you can chosse to free the easyest city then go to the hardest or go right after the boss right away. or try to elemiante some of his peoplethis game is not a bad game but also not a very good game. once you beat it once there really is no use to play it agian. but the first time you play it it is great. kind of like Gta. but you really don't have to go on surrten missons right away. you can chosse to free the easyest city then go to the hardest or go right after the boss right away. or try to elemiante some of his people to make him weaker. i always eleminate all but one of the bosses people then i go after him. some times after you deffet the boss the pepole who you did not deffet show up but not a lot. just rent it twice or alroud that and beat it and if you like it a lot buy it used. the car controls could be better though. it just takes some time to get used to them. Expand
  8. Crash
    May 29, 2009
    Not perfect but definitely fun. The game is entertaining and I recomend it for any 360 owner. The graphics arent great but they work for the 360. The combat system is easy to learn and entertaining and will keep you blowing up city blocks worth of badguys for quite some time as long as you dont just rush the bosses and finish the game. My only major hang up is the driving mechanic. I find Not perfect but definitely fun. The game is entertaining and I recomend it for any 360 owner. The graphics arent great but they work for the 360. The combat system is easy to learn and entertaining and will keep you blowing up city blocks worth of badguys for quite some time as long as you dont just rush the bosses and finish the game. My only major hang up is the driving mechanic. I find the cars touchy, but at the same time hard to handle in these environments which have made me avoid almost all the driving contests in favor of jumping from roof to roof. Expand
  9. MattA.
    Jun 23, 2007
    I really enjoyed this game although it is a very short game. I think the achievements should be more challenging. I saw some comments that said the game was to easy then i was thinking y dont u just raise the difficulty u morons?
  10. DaveW.
    Aug 25, 2007
    An amazing experience. However, it doesn't last long enough. Once you've played with everything there is to play with and completed the fairly tedious "storyline" missions it gets old, fast. With some more time spent on creating a solid, long, set of missions that somehow challenged the player to use their powers in unique and changing ways, this could have been a 9+ game. An amazing experience. However, it doesn't last long enough. Once you've played with everything there is to play with and completed the fairly tedious "storyline" missions it gets old, fast. With some more time spent on creating a solid, long, set of missions that somehow challenged the player to use their powers in unique and changing ways, this could have been a 9+ game. Here's hoping they manage to take it to the next level in a sequel or similar title. Expand
  11. Anthony
    Feb 17, 2008
    Very good game. It will keep your playing and playing, also if you like just messing around with the Havoc physics, like a Grand Theft Auto game you can go to the marketplace and download the Free For All pack for free. It's extremely fun. Reason why I give it a 7 is the fact that when you're asked to do co-op on Xbox Live, it usually lags or gets disconnected after a few tries.
  12. Mar 22, 2011
    this game is basically assasines creed in the future . that being said it suffers from the same problem that game did ... its repetitive and boring . no mission varity just go kill the enimys and bosses . nothing very intresting for guns . the graphics are just ok the idea of finding 100s of orbs to power my charicter up that are scattered all over the city just is NOT appealing . i do notthis game is basically assasines creed in the future . that being said it suffers from the same problem that game did ... its repetitive and boring . no mission varity just go kill the enimys and bosses . nothing very intresting for guns . the graphics are just ok the idea of finding 100s of orbs to power my charicter up that are scattered all over the city just is NOT appealing . i do not want to play hide and go seek crap. the ability to play in Co-op i thought would improve the game making abit more fun to play with a friend but all it does is make you both bored . its not a horrable game just a very very very mediocore one. Expand
  13. Nov 11, 2012
    The most significant compliment to this game in my opinion is that it manages to be an Action RPG without making it complicated or overwhelming at first. You can jump right into the action and start having fun. You are given helpful hints and information along with general flattering remarks as you play. This game is all action and no menus. You are introduced gradually and almostThe most significant compliment to this game in my opinion is that it manages to be an Action RPG without making it complicated or overwhelming at first. You can jump right into the action and start having fun. You are given helpful hints and information along with general flattering remarks as you play. This game is all action and no menus. You are introduced gradually and almost seamlessly to all the elements and the RPG stuff takes care of itself as you play rather than having to go through menus and choose traits and so on. The action is repetitive but fast and very arcade. The three difficulty levels make sure the game isn't too hard or too easy. Controls could have been better; you can't change your sensitivity or button layout - but all in all it's not bad. Not fluent but passable. The arcadey-ness of this game cannot be emphasized enough. It feels like a next-gen Total Overdose rather than a serious Action RPG. It's certainly not a bad-looking game considering that it's running on the ancient RenderWare game engine which was used for GTA III. It's definitely a good choice for this type of game and the graphics don't disappoint. Overall nothing special, just a simple and fairly repetitive sandbox action RPG. Worth a look if you're bored but not a serious game in terms of quality. Expand
  14. Dec 13, 2012
    Better than GTA 4 in almost every way, Crackdown is one of the most innovative open world games of recent years. The gameplay is fast paced and upgradable, with a lot of content to boot.
  15. Nov 23, 2012
    Easy and short. Im sure back in 2007 it was an awesome game. I personally like crackdown 2 alot better. This game is not bad though. its just not great either.
  16. Apr 7, 2013
    Crackdown is a game that has potential but seems to be missing the final link. The game pitches you as an agent working for a police orginization known as "The Agency". You travel around the city fighting gangs, and this is where the game seems to be lacking. Although, it is a nice idea, the boss fights you encounter seem repetitive and unsatisfying. Although the game provides some goodCrackdown is a game that has potential but seems to be missing the final link. The game pitches you as an agent working for a police orginization known as "The Agency". You travel around the city fighting gangs, and this is where the game seems to be lacking. Although, it is a nice idea, the boss fights you encounter seem repetitive and unsatisfying. Although the game provides some good moments, overall it's missing something to make it a truly great game. Expand
  17. Aug 20, 2013
    After everything I heard about Crackdown being awful I decided never to pick this game up but now It's free on Live i have no excuse. I found it a very polarising game. On one hand it has barely any story, the combat needs a bit of improvement, The lock on system was woeful, constantly locking on to dead soldiers, civilian cars and basically everything apart from what I wanted. Despite allAfter everything I heard about Crackdown being awful I decided never to pick this game up but now It's free on Live i have no excuse. I found it a very polarising game. On one hand it has barely any story, the combat needs a bit of improvement, The lock on system was woeful, constantly locking on to dead soldiers, civilian cars and basically everything apart from what I wanted. Despite all the negatives what this game does well, It does very well. The level up system is perfect, The visuals, despite being a little rough, are awesome, Picking up a car to dash at a nearby pedestrian is one of the greatest things in a game i've ever seen. The strength and movement/ jumping system all together was bags of fun. The developers really put time into this game. But there is a big but. After the game ended and i'd collected roughly half of the orbs, I felt no desire to play again, there is absolutely no replay value, whatsoever. It's a time waster, but it is fun, while it lasts. Expand
  18. Jul 16, 2014
    Crackdown came to prominence due to Microsoft's decision to package the Halo 3 multiplayer trial with the game. To everyone's surprise the actual Crackdown game turned out to be a very fun (if somewhat flawed) open world action game.

In Crackdown one plays a genetically enhanced super solider called The Agent for an organization called The Agency run by a disembodied voice known as The Director. Through both your actions and the collection of orbs you increase your powers to the point that you are a true bad ass jumping around the city (surprisingly not called The City, naming things not being Realtime Worlds' strong suit).

The game's city consisting of three islands each controlled by a different gang with your headquarters on a forth smaller island in the middle. The gangs are Los Muertos (Your standard South American Drug Cartel), The Volk (Your standard Russian Mafia), and The Shai-Gen Corporation ( which represents Sony).

The graphics are a colorful cell-shaded affair that fits surprisingly well with the chaos and the ever more outrageous powers you will achieve. The sound (with one notable exception detailed below) is also quite good with the hum of the agility orbs almost being hypnotic (and yes you will see agility orbs in your daily life and hear the hum in your sleep.) There are a couple of bits of genius in Crackdown. The first and most obvious is the combining of item collection and powers. The powers are more than mere stat boosts as there are both visible (You crackle with electricity when you level up a core power ) and quite fun (You can roundhouse kick a mack truck and leap from skyscraper to skyscraper).

The other brilliant move is the structure. In the game you are tasked with taking out the three gangs as you see fit. Each gang consists of a boss and various sub-bosses that specialize in various tasks for their boss (Such as training bodyguards or providing weapons). By taking out the sub-bosses you weaken a certain part of the bosses defenses therefore making him an easier target. It's a brilliant structure that gives a real sense of accomplishment in a open world environment.

It is a good thing that Crackdown is such well structured and fun game, because the game certainly has a bunch of flaws that easily would be game-breakers in almost any other adventure.

For starters there is combat. There is a reason my Agent maxed out his punch people in the face ability first. Now hand to hand combat has its own set of issues. (Mainly facing the wrong way and missing enemies outright while jamming the B button.) Compared however to the auto-aim on guns, hand to hand combat is of a Street Fighter II Turbo caliber.

Auto-aim has two favorite targets: civilian vehicles and dead guys. Crackdown loves shooting dead guys, perhaps as a forerunner to the zombies in Crackdown 2 one might muse. Getting your targeting off the dead guy and onto the guy with a rocket launcher is surprisingly challenging.

Part of the games challenge is making seemingly impossible jumps to grab onto a distant ledge. Unfortunately sometimes a ledge looks like a ledge, quacks like a ledge and yet your agent proceeds to plummet eighty stories to his demise. While the parkour in Crackdown is fun, and one of the games selling points, it isn't what I would call fine tuned.

Speaking of both out of tune and poorly tuned we have the vehicles. Driving is one of your abilities in Crackdown and in theory when one reaches the highest level ones car becomes a super powered monster. I say in theory because there is actually no need to power this up to defeat the game. In fact once your all important agility power has a few stars under its belt, cars are simply superfluous since you can now jump from rooftop to rooftop.

And thank God for that. For such a relatively small map Crackdown's streets are a confusing labyrinth. To add to the mess the in-game map has no custom waypoints. Strangely, The Agency claims they want you to capture enemy vehicles and bring them back to headquarters. However the entrance to headquarters is unmarked on your map, almost impossible to find and is disguised on top of that like the Bat-Cave entrance from the caped crusader's sixties TV show.

In addition the way you increase your driving skill is by winning races (easier said than done and hardly a fun pastime in this particular game) or running over gang members. Gang members however seem to metamorphosis into Cirque du Soleil performers the minute one points a car in their general direction.

The final nail in the driving coffin is the in game radio. One of the joys of open world games is simply cruising around the city listening
  19. Dec 11, 2014
    Though the missions are repeatitive to a very annoying end, the feeling of being somewhat like a superhero in an open world is just too fun to pass up. Beating up enemies, throwing cars at them, its all just enjoyable. Not if you're wanting a story, just if you want to beat up some A.I. all game.

1. I’ll admit I was hooked for the first five hours, but as the game waned on, so did the entertainment of the game.
    Halo fans will be happy to hear this game also comes with an invitation to the Halo 3 multiplayer beta.
  3. A wonderful sandbox title that branches off from the "GTA" tree rather than feeding off it; when you set off a huge chain reaction of barrels, you’ll see the game "Saints Row" wished it was. When you climb to the top of the Agency HQ and peer down at the world, you’ll see the game "Just Cause" could never be. And every so often, you’ll see another moment of brilliance; a reminder of the game you want GTA IV to be.