Crash of the Titans Xbox 360

6.4

1. CMode
    Jan 23, 2008
    Not the best platforming game out there but probably the most under-rated.
  2. Jan 3, 2011
    It's very easy to criticise a game if it's not what you've come to expect. I can understand that nostalgia can easy affect your opinion on a game, but for a moment pretend you've never played early crash games.
    Pretend you've never played a platformer before.
    Pretend you've never played a platformer before.
    Pick up Crash Of The Titans and what do you get? A colourful, wonderful platformer filled with fun, addictive and occasionally challenging sequences. The flaws are that the price is a bit steep these days and the graphics are a little underwhelming for Xbox 360.
    But this game is a classic and is the first Crash game to make it's way to Xbox 360 so I think that warrants a purchase.
    As for the graphics, on an HDTV the game looks pretty crisp although there is a low polygon count and rather blurred 2D backgrounds. But it's full of colour and imagination and to my surprise, for a ps2-era game it feels full of live. You'll see tiny creatures like lizards in the forest scuttle around from time to time and also as you move through foliage/plants, they shake and waver a bit.
    But the great aspect of Crash of The Titans is of course, the gameplay. In the game you'll be climbing, swinging, jumping, collecting, fighting, destroying, boarding and the main one is controlling these beasts to aid you in battle (as well as to gain access to new areas, for example use a large monster to knock down a tree so you can therefore progress into the next zone).
    The gameplay, unlike most platformers does not ever feel too repetitive or stale because there's always something new to learn or pick up on to make it feel fresh. There are even some puzzle-platforming sections in which you'll have to watch the movement of certain platforms, judge distance and time yourself to make it across (that's just one example of the many you'll encounter).
    The game is extremely enjoyable and sure, it's suitable for kids but it can be enjoyed by adults alike. For example, I bought this when I'd just turned 18.
    Overall, no matter who you are or how much of a fan you are of the Crash franchise, you can expect an extremely enjoyable albeit linear title here and experience a whole new kind of platformer.
  3. EmonX.
    Oct 4, 2007
    This game stands out among the kids games available on 360 as a fun romp with solid achievements, delicious eye candy art, and great monster characters. The co-op play is groovy, with a nice diversity of options like leap frog and back pack caddy. Hopefully the next iteration will have on-line co-op and multi-play as well. Great balance of combat and platforming, and lots of delightful This game stands out among the kids games available on 360 as a fun romp with solid achievements, delicious eye candy art, and great monster characters. The co-op play is groovy, with a nice diversity of options like leap frog and back pack caddy. Hopefully the next iteration will have on-line co-op and multi-play as well. Great balance of combat and platforming, and lots of delightful comedic surprises in the dialogue and cinematics! Really like this games version of Nina the best versus previous incarnations. In all, I'd say this is an excellent reboot for the character and franchise, kudos to the Radical team for putting a lot of heart and soul back into the furry protagonist! Expand
  4. CharlesR.
    Oct 14, 2007
    Having never played a Crash Bandicoot before, I tried the free demo on Xbox Live. After playing the demo I just had to get this game. Keep in mind something here: I'm 41 years old, not a kid. Although I understand from the few reviews that this is supposed to be a kids game, I have to say that it is a lot of fun. Beautiful graphics. Superb music. Witty dialog. In all: great Having never played a Crash Bandicoot before, I tried the free demo on Xbox Live. After playing the demo I just had to get this game. Keep in mind something here: I'm 41 years old, not a kid. Although I understand from the few reviews that this is supposed to be a kids game, I have to say that it is a lot of fun. Beautiful graphics. Superb music. Witty dialog. In all: great production value. Haven't finished the game yet, but so far, the difficulty level is just right, not too hard, not too easy. Just plain fun. Levels are just the right length. Good replay value, if only just to get all the "Combos." Whether you are buying this for a Expand
  5. AnonymousMC
    Oct 4, 2007
    Wicked game! Hijacking is tonnes of fun!
  6. AnonymousMC
    Oct 4, 2007
    Wicked game! Hijacking is tonnes of fun!
  7. Nov 18, 2012
    Definitely different from the past Crash installments, but a fun game nonetheless! The co-op makes it much more enjoyable, but it's fun even without that. You go from episode to episode of varying levels and settings, with new minions to fight and different titans to "jack" and ride. Heck, the titans are probably what make the game as good as it is.
  8. Oct 31, 2015
    I had a lot of fun with this game. It;s huge , it's fun , it's challenging. Yes It's a diffrent game than previous Crash games , that is why some peopl don't like it. But it is ORIGINAL , and with unique gameplay. If you like platformers it is a must buy. If you are nostalgic about classic Crash games then do not buy it.

1. The six hours it will take you to complete the twenty-level contest hardly feels substantial. It is not the slam-dunk comeback fans hoped for from Crash's 360 debut, but it is far from a failure.
  2. Official Xbox Magazine
    Crash of the Titans makes a solid, if uninspiring, choice for younger fans of the series, but everyone else should head for more enjoyable all-ages fare like "Beautiful Katamari" or even--yes--"Surf's Up". [Holiday 2007, p.82]
  3. AceGamez
    Not as sophisticated as many Xbox 360 games out there, Crash of the Titans is, at the end of that day, a scrolling platformer. It doesn't need to be sophisticated - it needs to be fun, frantic, colourful, noisy, winsome and comical, which is exactly what it manages to be.