Crysis 2 Xbox 360

7.5

1. Mar 22, 2011
    As impressive as the visuals are this games gameplay and storyline are just not good enough.
    The campaign is too short and the chracters are dull. I'll focus on the multiplayer. Shotgun is major OP
    Sniper is UP Because a shotgun can outmatch almost any gun at short - mid range the gameplay becomes awfully dull. What's worse is that "maximum armor" is pretty much a insta win. You
    Sniper is UP

Because a shotgun can outmatch almost any gun at short - mid range the gameplay becomes awfully dull. What's worse is that "maximum armor" is pretty much a insta win. You either use it first and win, or dont a die. Rather than who can shoot better it becomes a "press max armor first" fest. Stealth is far too good in such dark environments. Makes camping easy.
  2. Jun 24, 2013
    A tech demo. Nothing more. It is simply just "Wow! Look at how beautiful is that building/that city/that alien" I don't care. I want to PLAY. If i want to see beautiful stuff. I go out or watch a movie. This thing is not a game. Not even close to that....
  3. Feb 17, 2013
    The game is by far a completely gorgeous visual eye-feast. Absolutely stunning. That is where anything positive ends. I had never been so bored by a combat system in modern-gaming. Absolutely no motive or motivation to go on, I literally fell asleep playing this game twice, and I gave up completely after three hours. Never before had I been so bored with a game. Simply abysmal. Should haveThe game is by far a completely gorgeous visual eye-feast. Absolutely stunning. That is where anything positive ends. I had never been so bored by a combat system in modern-gaming. Absolutely no motive or motivation to go on, I literally fell asleep playing this game twice, and I gave up completely after three hours. Never before had I been so bored with a game. Simply abysmal. Should have kept it on the PC, apparently. Expand
  4. May 15, 2011
    There's no accounting for taste but come on! Sure this can be fun at times but when you turn invisible and the enemy suddenly stop looking for you and you just keep repeating the same old camo and kill routine its time to admit that its not great.
    The first Crysis was far better as the enviroments were more open world and obviously it was a new concept. The urban setting is getting old and is quite boring.
    Graphics are nothing to write home about. Anyone who plays PC games too will not be impressed by them. Disappointing on the whole, I traded it in quickly having grinded half way through and finally decided there are better games to be playing.
  5. Apr 27, 2011
    Online is laggy and hit boxes are horrible. Was adictive though. Decent game, not worth buying or renting imo. The Graphics are the only aspect worth mentioning about this game.
  6. Mar 26, 2011
    Impressive graphics like everyone says, but if you're looking for a good and fun FPS this aint it. Aspects of MP are a knockoff of COD. Gameplay is horrid if you can get past the graphics.There are little to no guns in the game; no where near what COD games usually have. Players are miniscule even on my 60in plasma to the point where characters are only 1-2 widths of the red dot. PlayersImpressive graphics like everyone says, but if you're looking for a good and fun FPS this aint it. Aspects of MP are a knockoff of COD. Gameplay is horrid if you can get past the graphics.There are little to no guns in the game; no where near what COD games usually have. Players are miniscule even on my 60in plasma to the point where characters are only 1-2 widths of the red dot. Players move at hyper speeds making it really hard to hit anything that moves. The hitboxes are seriously messed up where in some situations you dont actually have to aim at the guy just random spraying works and its quite obvious in the replays. When aiming it sometimes feels like theres only 1-2 hitboxes but then you realize that the players are so small you probably wont hit anything except when your dead on. This is the first FPS i've ever played where netcode actually rewards laggers. Meaning your shots dont register at all. The cloak of the nanosuit is so powerful that it just breaks gameplay. You must have it on at all times to the point where you'll never have a positive score if you dont use it. The maps just blow, they're sprawling and way too big for the number of players to the point where you dont see anything for like half the match.

Overall most people are right its nothing like COD, the minor finer details that made COD great, the flow the good maps the plethora of guns made it great. All these things are missing in crysis 2 instead they have crude gameplay wrapped up in a nanosuit and good graphics.

Overall graphics are an 8+ gameplay is max a 2.
  7. Mar 25, 2011
    Thought the graphics are great the gameplay is garbage along with the story. The multiplayer isn't up to par of what games should be today. A disappointing effort from EA games good luck in the future.
  8. Mar 26, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game has a lot of problems. First, the story line makes no real sense. Where are the old characters? Why are we shooting Americans? (Yes, I know they're from an "evil corporation," but still. Why is prophet in my brain? And why does the main character never speak? This isn't half-life. On that note, the game story and play seems like a ton of rip-offs of other games. The aforementioned no talking, the boss-like aliens with the arm shields that look just like the ones from Halo 2, the stock phrases from the NPC's that sound and feel just like FEAR. And the stupidly predictable story line that had many elements of Far Cry. (Did anyone doubt that Hargreave was going to betray you?)

Add to that the bugs that are infuriating. The enemies that can shoot through walls. The enemies that can see you while cloaked. The soldiers that can see you from 400m away if you de-cloak for a half second. Or the epilepsy-inducing pulsing "sunlight" that plagued me through 3/4ths of the game until I looked online and found a workaround.
    Plus there's the fact that the nano catalyst system needs to be fixed. On some maps you can collect to your hearts content and when you look in the menu you will have accumulated 0! Or like once when I ended one map with approximately 2000 and after dying the first time in the next map, they were all gone! I actually really liked this new system and was going to go all out to collect all I needed to upgrade fully. But after the first few times of it not working, I abandoned it.
    I'm a pretty easy person to please in an FPS, generally, and this game makes me a little nauseous that I spent $60 on it. Next time I'll wait a year for a $5 Steam sale.
  9. Mar 29, 2011
    I have no frame of reference toasted this franchise as I have never played the original. The graphics are great but there are games out there that provide great graphics and a good gameplay experience. Ufortunatley crysis 2 can't provide the latter. Boring and headache inducing story, ,along with horrendous AI and bad gameplay mechanics make this game a complete disappointment. Don't evenI have no frame of reference toasted this franchise as I have never played the original. The graphics are great but there are games out there that provide great graphics and a good gameplay experience. Ufortunatley crysis 2 can't provide the latter. Boring and headache inducing story, ,along with horrendous AI and bad gameplay mechanics make this game a complete disappointment. Don't even get me started on the messy MP that tries so hard to be different yet just ends up the same as everything else; only not as fun. Avoid this game and get a decent FPS (a dying breed these days). Expand
  10. Mar 30, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Crysis 2 это лучшее что происходило с Xbox 360 в графическом плане, геймплей напоминает первую часть игры, но локации стали гораздо меньше, тем не менее разработчики оставили место тактическим действиям, поэтому каждый выбирает сам как ему играть, будь то стэлс или "аля COD", игра насыщенна всевозможными интересными кат-сценами, впечатление складывается такое же как и во время просмотра Голивудского блокбастера. Т.е кинематогрофичность на высоте, первая часть игры не дарила геймерам такого восторга. Минусы конечно есть но о них я писать не буду. Кароче игра стоит свеч и выглядит она очень свежо на фоне недавних шутеров. Expand
  11. Mar 25, 2011
    This game is terrible, bored of it within 4 hours of playing it. Online is terrible you get a kill then you die then you get a kill then you die. Not to mention that the kill streaks are not even worth it. The nano suit sucks, maximum armor and maximum stealth are stupid as **** everybody sees you when you use stealth anyway and the maximum armor is just useless because whenever anybodyThis game is terrible, bored of it within 4 hours of playing it. Online is terrible you get a kill then you die then you get a kill then you die. Not to mention that the kill streaks are not even worth it. The nano suit sucks, maximum armor and maximum stealth are stupid as **** everybody sees you when you use stealth anyway and the maximum armor is just useless because whenever anybody gets in a gunfight they just try and get the armor up as fast as possible. Nobody uses any gun besides the SCAR basically because everything else sucks unless you have a modded controller. The game is boring as **** too. You spend half the time trying to get to places and once you finally get there you are out of energy and you get ****ed like Japanese-Americans living in the US during WWII. This game is not even finished, by the way the graphics suck don't get your hopes up. I am not even going to try and explain the cluster **** that is the campaign. I have been playing first person shooters since Halo: Combat Evolved and I have to say this is the biggest piece of **** i have ever owned.
    DO NOT BUY
  12. Jul 19, 2011
    This game is absolute garbage, the graphics are good for about half of the game then this bug occurs where you have lines going across the screen and huge rectangular grain. This game was a complete waste of money. Crytek has no plans to fix the aforementioned problems even though they have admitted to it on their own forums.

Don't buy this game, there are so many better playing and

Don't buy this game, there are so many better playing and working shooters out there. I
  13. May 10, 2011
    single player is good, gets a bit boring as it's quite repetitive, multiplayer is a disaster, lots of lag and invisible players make it frustrating and unplayable...
  14. May 10, 2011
    Such a broken mess of a game. I was never a fan of the original Crysis or Crysis Warfare, but Cry2 makes them look like solid gold. Bugs, bad AI, awful multi player. This game is a contender for worst game of 2011, easily.
  15. Jun 1, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I picked up this game after watching a few pre-view videos, played for as long as I could (3 hours) and have not touched it since. The Graphics are pretty but thats about all I like about this game and Graphics are not everything Expand
  16. Aug 13, 2011
    This game is actually really bad. The storyline is cool and I love the graphics but playing the campaign and multiplayer is just boring and impossible. I got this game thinking it was going to be sweet but then it turned out to be terrible. The multiplayer is alright and I sometimes enjoy playing it but it's not like Call of Duty or Halo, those are fun games. So don't waist your money andThis game is actually really bad. The storyline is cool and I love the graphics but playing the campaign and multiplayer is just boring and impossible. I got this game thinking it was going to be sweet but then it turned out to be terrible. The multiplayer is alright and I sometimes enjoy playing it but it's not like Call of Duty or Halo, those are fun games. So don't waist your money and use it on something good. Expand
  17. Sep 16, 2011
    There are some things that I liked about Crysis 2 first of all this game looks fantastic the environments look beautiful it does have its frame-rate issues but still the environments looks super realistic and beautiful and the shadow effects are the best I have seen in any game like this and the animations are good and the character models while not up to par with the rest of the graphicsThere are some things that I liked about Crysis 2 first of all this game looks fantastic the environments look beautiful it does have its frame-rate issues but still the environments looks super realistic and beautiful and the shadow effects are the best I have seen in any game like this and the animations are good and the character models while not up to par with the rest of the graphics look good. The music in this game is great and suits the environments most of the time and the voice acting is good just not great. Thats it thats all the good I see in this game let me tell me how many problems this game has which just totally took away any enjoyment I could get out of it. First of all the story is boring and doesn't make any sense it is basically about some alien invasion in New York and you have to stop it you have become the predator some gus who becomes super human when he wears some suit and guess what you become the predator after the original guy who was the predator kills himself for no reason really! The game is about stopping an alien invasion but the guards are out of their way to annihilate you despite the fact you are trying to destroy the aliens and save NY just like they are but they think they can do better if they get your suit. The controls are just awful for consoles holding the X button open doors, using RS of all buttons to punch and stealth kill and the LS button to charge and holding the A button to long jump all these controls make some sections of this game a pain to play like at a few points in the game I go to stealth kill a guard but the controls are messed up so I instead hit him with my weak punch and it takes me too long to make long jumps because of holding the bloody A button. The energy bar is a total pain it depletes like there is no tomorrow once you are using it whats worse that when you are using it while in combat armor it depletes completely after you shoot twice and while the enemies are shooting at you depleting the your health and armor anyway and you have to use the night vision goggles in some areas of the game which also deplete the energy bar that is just ridiculous. The game's A.I is stupid as hell you de-cloak for 2 seconds in an outdoor areas all the guards all of sudden know where you are and start shooting when you try to sneak up behind a guy while not in cloak he will see you when you go a little near him but won't hit you or even turn around sometimes guards will see you even when you are cloaked and I have seen guards when they are on caution they glitch out move around in circles or move towards walls like a bunch of retards some guards also float in thin air while patrolling. All that was just for the human enemies the alien enemies are more retarded they slap you 3 times than dance around the area like monkeys and than slap you again sometimes they are right in front of you when you are visible but don't attack you when you are cloaked they all of sudden see you and attack at that the time the human enemy A.I don't know what to do so they shoot around everywhere like retards. There are no real tactical options in the game there are like 4 in each area out of which 2 are instant death you try and using turrets in the game you can't cloak you can't use armor and once you get every one knows where you are than you can stealth throught the subway but guess out the subway just leads you a little firther in the very same area where more enemies are there ready to blow your brains off the game basically relies on two strategies one cloak and attack than hide once enemies go insane two, Armor and attack than hide when enemies go beserk just the same thing every time they are the only ones that actually works right where are the tactical options? Multiplayer is just a COD clone with even more cheap Armor and Cloak abuse by players which makes a total pain in the back side. I wanted to really like this game thats why I kept on playing more and more despite its terrible problems hoping it would get better but it didn't and it came to the point where I said screw it. It is just sad to see a game with so much potential and hype get ruined and crippled by so many problems but I guess all its hype, promotion and paid reviews got it such a high score from the critics. Expand
  18. Feb 14, 2012
    this game is horrible, the graphichs are pretty good, but the framerate this game delivers is shocking, as soon as you enter a pretty big gunfight the framerate drops drasticly making it impossible to pull off good shots. its like they made it like a stealth game. i mean they try to tell you that you can play the way you want but really its only stealth that is effective. boring shooting,this game is horrible, the graphichs are pretty good, but the framerate this game delivers is shocking, as soon as you enter a pretty big gunfight the framerate drops drasticly making it impossible to pull off good shots. its like they made it like a stealth game. i mean they try to tell you that you can play the way you want but really its only stealth that is effective. boring shooting, boring psycichs and a boring story and the way he says "cloack engaged" EVERYTIME you go into cloak is just so stupid. naah..this is nothing to spend your money on. 3/10 Expand

1. Oct 3, 2011
    Taking control of the ultimate soldier has never been more entertaining. The gameplay and controls of Crysis 2 are outstanding and rate among the best in the genre. Graphics and sound are incredible, the post-apocalyptic atmosphere hasn't been this good since Fallout 3. The unique Crysis 2 is much more than a typical shooter.
  2. May 30, 2011
    Crysis 2 is more than a cranked out first person shooter. It takes the time to enhance an already interesting Sci-fi game while tightening and tuning the elements that set it apart from the pack. Oh, and did I mention it's gorgeous to look at?
  3. Edge Magazine
    May 8, 2011
    Swapping a picture-perfect landscape for New York's urban sprawl could have been disastrous, but Crytek has found variety in the setting, guiding the player through blue-grey skyscrapers, leafy green parks, rooftops at sunset and industrial harbours. [May 2011, p.90]