Crysis 2 Xbox 360

7.5

1. Mar 22, 2011
    Just like its predecessor, its visuals are top-notch, especially on the machine it's running on; the Xbox 360. As for the core game, however, I was initially disappointed about the nanosuit's power being reduced to stealth and armour. That quickly changed, however. Having a button for each made switching between the two far more fluid than Crysis 1. On top of this, it adds a lovely twistJust like its predecessor, its visuals are top-notch, especially on the machine it's running on; the Xbox 360. As for the core game, however, I was initially disappointed about the nanosuit's power being reduced to stealth and armour. That quickly changed, however. Having a button for each made switching between the two far more fluid than Crysis 1. On top of this, it adds a lovely twist and breath of fresh air to what is essentially your typical combat multiplayer affair. That being said, it is a step down from the large scale frantic antics of the original. But it's this added layer of depth to the tried and tested 'CoD-style' multiplayer offering that lends it an advantage.

But it was the single-player, like its predecessor, I bought it for. The original garnered some criticism to its rather basic plot, but having never seen it done so well, or in a videogame for that matter, it didn't hinder the experience one bit. Crysis 2, however, propels the Crysis universe onto a whole new level. It's obvious a hell of a lot more thought has been put into it. It's more complex, deeper and smart and makes for infinitely more compelling game. Couple this with the unique and shockingly-real depiction of an 'apocalyptic' New York and well... I can't even begin to explain how awesome it is.
  2. Apr 15, 2011
    What an amazing game i ahd heard good things from freinds about this game so i picked it up and wow i was just amazed great graphics blended with the fun as ever gameplay makes a great combo and really makes for a great game campain was fun and addictive and multiplayer was similar to black opps but better in my opinion
  3. Apr 14, 2011
    Crysis 2 is brilliant game, but only if you have patience to wait for a patch. The story isin't great, but it's good enough even though it has plot holes. The soundtrack of the game is absolutely amazing, in fact it's one of the best soundtracks I have ever listened (Note! Hanz Zimmer made only title theme,Insertion!). The nanosuit has been simplified, you have now power, armour and cloackCrysis 2 is brilliant game, but only if you have patience to wait for a patch. The story isin't great, but it's good enough even though it has plot holes. The soundtrack of the game is absolutely amazing, in fact it's one of the best soundtracks I have ever listened (Note! Hanz Zimmer made only title theme,Insertion!). The nanosuit has been simplified, you have now power, armour and cloack mode. Power mode should be called as normal mode, because you can make power moves like sliding and power jump even with cloack mode on. Maximum speed mode has been replaced with sprint, which takes energy to use. Graphics are absolutely great, it is the best looking game on Xbox 360. This game has its flaws though. Enemy AI is buggy as it some times doesn't notice players or runs againts walls. There are multitiple bugs too, but I don't list them here. If you are about to buy because of multiplayer, you should wait for a patch, because it's unplayable for now. Maximum lag ruins non-host player's game, other wise the multiplayer could be amazing, which it was during the demo. Yes, it's CoD style of multiplayer, but it's far better than CoD. Nanosuit completely changes the gameplay, making the game really tactical. In short, the game will be great in the future, wait for a month or two before buying it. Expand
  4. Apr 10, 2011
    Graphics are amzing and storymode is very well done. The online play is as if Halo and COD mated and had a child called Crysis 2. The maps are small and the game play is fast. The only down side to the online play is it takes awhile to get use to the energy level (which is also your health) and when to use the invisibility. Huge plus to this game is when you first start out online play youGraphics are amzing and storymode is very well done. The online play is as if Halo and COD mated and had a child called Crysis 2. The maps are small and the game play is fast. The only down side to the online play is it takes awhile to get use to the energy level (which is also your health) and when to use the invisibility. Huge plus to this game is when you first start out online play you can choose to play in a lobby for players ranked 10 or less to help adjust. Expand
  5. Apr 19, 2011
    In a time where first person shooters are as common as teens facebooking, crysis 2 manages to stand out. The single player game contains gameplay elements that aren't commonly seen in fps games while spanning atleast twice the legnth. You can approah the game in many different ways as well. For example, you can activate your stealth and silently take out your targets, activate your armorIn a time where first person shooters are as common as teens facebooking, crysis 2 manages to stand out. The single player game contains gameplay elements that aren't commonly seen in fps games while spanning atleast twice the legnth. You can approah the game in many different ways as well. For example, you can activate your stealth and silently take out your targets, activate your armor mode and tank your way through, or use a combination of both. The multiplayer share lots with the cod games. Some game types, level up system, even perks all resemble something found in a cod game. Even so, the game is also different by adding the suits special abilities. If you like shooters and are looking for something new, this game is for you. If you are either tired of shooter or don't like them at all, skip it. Follow me on twitter for live tweets from E3 2011 @thetruthbites. I will be posting unfiltered news and behind the scenes pics. Expand
  6. Jul 7, 2011
    Crysis 2 isn't one of those love hate games, it's one of those love or "I suck at the multiplayer, so this game sucks (which that opinion was formed through the beta)". I honestly thought I'd seen it all in the beta myself, but I yearned (as a fan of the original Crysis... which I played on the PC and I found way more enjoyable and couldn't imagine it with a 360 or PS3 controller) for theCrysis 2 isn't one of those love hate games, it's one of those love or "I suck at the multiplayer, so this game sucks (which that opinion was formed through the beta)". I honestly thought I'd seen it all in the beta myself, but I yearned (as a fan of the original Crysis... which I played on the PC and I found way more enjoyable and couldn't imagine it with a 360 or PS3 controller) for the singleplayer, because I remembered how Jaw dropped I was, and how repetitive and bored I became with the Multiplayer. Since Crysis, Crysis 2 has improved A LOT. Not only is the story more cinematic, and a little less open world, Crysis 2 delivers just about everything I would want out of a Sci-Fi shooter. For starters, I all my friends are Halo fans, and I never got into it. Finally I have a game, that has some form of "realism" with great gameplay and is Sci-fi and involves man kind fighting not only aliens, but a deadly virus... somewhat like the flood. The Singleplayer puts you through the boots of "Alcatraz", a Marine grunt who escapes a sinking sub, and later an alien ship blows his buddies to bits in the water, and is washed ashore, and saved by, "The Prophet"... which is just some black guy (from the first game) and gives Alcatraz the Nanosuit because he's infected with the virus that's killing off the human race, from what I understand was started by aliens. Upon the Prophet doing himself a favor, you march on to find Gould and from there follow epic orders that no ordinary soldier (excluding Cpt. Price and 'Soap') could accomplish by him/herself. The game has features, such as cloaking and armor, which gives you a huge edge against enemies. Cloaking, allows you to sneak around and avoid unnecessary combat or even eliminate personnel undetected. Armor allows you to... well tank; oh and survive long drops. The AI ironically is challenging, even when I played it on Normal. They didn't seem to be scripted, as in if I walk 'here' they'll automatically detect me, when they turned their heads, the actually noticed me, which reminded me of Metal Gear, except better. With the AI acting life like, and the environment being so beautiful even on an XBox 360, you really feel like your in New York. When you first leave an infected park and enter the city, you have a sense of intimidation with the towers and an alien ship sends a siren blurring the screen, creating a dramatic cinematic effect but also made me realize this is exactly like War of the World's... except a little more haunting because I'm a little man in an occupied zone. The sounds also made my ears orgasm. Very rarely in games, do the weapons sound so awesome, or so much like weapons, that when firing at an enemy, I'll pump out a few more rounds to give it that movie style shooting sequence. The Multiplayer is anything but disappointing. Comparing it to Call of Duty is a little far fetched because, although it does take the "Call of Duty leveling" system, the gameplay is completely different with the cloaking and armor abilities. Using both of them actually does make a difference and it isn't like Call of Duty 4, in the sense that you can't run and gun and do well. It's possible but with veteran players, all you can hope for is an even K:D ratio, because taking your time and working with your team is a necessity. So I can't recommend this game to the fast paced, hardcore COD fans, or 6 year olds. But I would recommend this to the non-Halo, non-COD, or just anybody who's looking for a good, new, different, beautiful, original, entertaining game. So, in conclusion: Singleplayer is a must experience, at least rent it if not buy it because it's not too challenging, but not too easy either on the hardest difficulty, "Super Soldier". And the Multiplayer is different, however fun once you get used to it and is NOT an unenjoyable experience, give it some time and you'll love it as much as you love... whatever you love now. On the downside however: I did notice that my XBox Elite, showed it's true colors whenever there was a lot of explosions or commotion going on, and I noticed a frame rate of about 10, but it quickly fixed itself to the steady 30 FPS it holds constantly. I did not notice a frame rate drop at all after 12 hours of Multiplayer gameplay... so take that Eric Hirshberg. Among other things, there's occasional C Grade glitches (glitches that are noticeable and delay the player, but do not prevent the player from proceeding on or crash the game), and yes the C grade glitches are hilarious. And on one more final minor problem, the controls do get overwhelming at times... in Singleplayer, I forget which buttons do what or something, but since there's less in Multiplayer, I can't kick it there. If your interested in this game, it's worth the $60. And if you don't think so, give it time. Collapse
  7. Jun 16, 2011
    The game looks fantastic, I can't recall anything looking this good and the musical score is probably the best I've ever heard but if I had to sum this game up in a phrase I would say All dressed up and no place to go. The story just isn't very good and I know this will anger some people but it feels a bit long at points but still a solid game. If they crafted their storytelling andThe game looks fantastic, I can't recall anything looking this good and the musical score is probably the best I've ever heard but if I had to sum this game up in a phrase I would say All dressed up and no place to go. The story just isn't very good and I know this will anger some people but it feels a bit long at points but still a solid game. If they crafted their storytelling and characters as well as they do the look of the game it will be the best game in history. Expand
  8. Sep 17, 2011
    a funny game to play. it's visually amazing, the action is nice, and i especially liked the stealth sections. i only disliked that the game bugged sometimes, and the enemies are nearly impossible to kill if you don't immediately get a head shot.
  9. Dec 29, 2012
    I did not expect too much out of this game, having played the first Crysis and Crysis Warhead extensively on PC i was slightly disappointed to find out the setting to be urban instead of a beautiful tropical island.
    But it's New York, so i easily forgive Crytek on that one. The Singleplayer features a campaign that will take you about 11-13 hours to complete and it features New York's most iconic and coolest locations. Fighting off enemies in for example Lower Manhattan, Grand Central station and Times Square gives a satisfying feeling and it actually gives me the urge to instantly hop on a plane and go there.
    The story is OK but it lacks a bit of character development, a flaw that i found in almost every Crytek game to date. If you can live with this though, you will have a great time with this game, the nanosuit is without a doubt one of the coolest pieces of armor i have ever encountered in a shooter game, allowing you to switch quickly from cloak to armor mode with speed and strength mode being assigned automatically when you need them. This to me is a vast improvement over the control system in the previous installments of Crysis which speeds up the gameplay substantially. Having the nanosuit gives you multiple options to engage the enemy, making the singleplayer a fun experience where no situation is exactly the same.
    The AI could be better with enemies walking into walls from time to time but this happens rarely and it does not ruin the experience by any measure. The graphics is where this game truly stands apart from the crowd though. I was very surprised that Crytek was able to squeeze enough juice out the Xbox to produce graphics as pretty as this. I still think it is the best looking console game to date, with Battlefield 3 and Far Cry 3 as close contenders.
    Multiplayer is fun but i was slightly disappointed to find out it was infantry only gameplay, being a Crysis Wars player on PC i was hoping for some airplane and vehicle gameplay.
    Multiplayer also features killstreaks with a twist, when you kill a player you have to pick up his dog tag to build up your killstreak, which mostly takes care of the camping issue that comes along with giving players rewards for getting consecutive kills. The killstreaks do not overwhelm the gun on gun gameplay though. Multiplayer also feautures with all it's functions, allowing you to tweak different functions to suit your needs. While it is not addictive like CoD or Battlefield, it is fun to play an hour or two nonetheless.
    All in all, this game is worth every dollar/euro/pound you spend on it, which probably won't be much since you can find it in most discount bins nowadays.
  10. Jun 19, 2013
    This was almost flawless its impressive and well made.We need more games like this hopfully the next gen games will be as good as this or even better but love this Game.There should not be negative reviews for this game its to special to be put down.
  11. Jul 1, 2011
    Crysis 2 is a very interesting game that picks up and releases only the end of the game and its great the passing game. The first mode is a mode of passage form the ghost he is very interesting as you do in the stealth mode. 2 mode is a gun when you go out and shoot and you get all nelya to the left and the right to only one error in Developer's about it so quickly wasted energy. OthersCrysis 2 is a very interesting game that picks up and releases only the end of the game and its great the passing game. The first mode is a mode of passage form the ghost he is very interesting as you do in the stealth mode. 2 mode is a gun when you go out and shoot and you get all nelya to the left and the right to only one error in Developer's about it so quickly wasted energy. Others were removed 2 Developer's regime is a regime of speed and power mode, Crysis 2 has two modes would have even better. The developers have made one mistake stupid enough protagonist Alcatraz not not say a word as something silly in our time well, it's very small cons of srovneniyu with the advantages of the game such as the positive side of his suit. Types of shooter games have changed the usual shooter shooters such as Call of Duty, Battlefield. So as impurity shooters as Bulletstorm, Duke Nukem. And there are half as stealth stealth already long gone and will take place stealth sex stelae and games such as Crysis 2 and Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Deus Ex came out had not yet left the first game of Crysis 2! Expand
  12. Mar 29, 2011
    Every Predator game developer should look at this game and say,,,, hey thats what we should have done. This game makes you feel like you should be in a predator movie. Great gameplay, as you have heard the A.I. is a little dumb, wait, a lot dumb. Also when you un-cloak the ai seems to spot you right away even from hundreds of feet away. Very silly and pulls you out of the game a bit.Every Predator game developer should look at this game and say,,,, hey thats what we should have done. This game makes you feel like you should be in a predator movie. Great gameplay, as you have heard the A.I. is a little dumb, wait, a lot dumb. Also when you un-cloak the ai seems to spot you right away even from hundreds of feet away. Very silly and pulls you out of the game a bit. Multi is cool, but if feels like been there done that with a cross between halo reach and COD. Overall good but Battlefield, COD and Halo are still kings in the multi player realm. Expand
  13. Jun 12, 2011
    An absolute blast from start to finish. I didn't really care about the story, but it didn't really bother me because 'holy crap I have to fight off a mech!'. The multiplayer borrows elements from about every other shooter out there. Is that necessarily a bad thing, though?
  14. Mar 25, 2011
    What we have here is the Derek Zoolander of shooters. It's really, really, really good looking. But, we all expected a gorgeous game from Cryengine 3. What comes as a pleasant surprise is how well Crysis has made the transition from PC to consoles.

The gameplay centers around the nanosuit, a living suit of armor which imparts superhuman abilities to the player. These abilities are tagged to 3 categories: Armor, Power and Stealth. Using each ability drains an energy meter. Players are then left to their own devices as to how they would like to use these abilities. It injects a welcome dose of strategy into the well worn FPS genre. Will you storm in with armor and tank it up? Or will you descend from above, dispensing silent death with stealth? Crysis 2 gives you the sandbox and the tools to play it YOUR way.

Unfortunately, while the core gameplay is fantastic, the plot and AI has some noticeable flaws. The story can feel tacked on and incoherent amidst the insanity of constant gunfire and explosions. As for the AI, it can go from smart to jarringly stupid in the blink of an eye. Don't be surprised to see CELL soldiers walking into a wall 2 feet from where you just barged in through a door.

The music and sound is amazing and does a fine job complementing the beautiful visuals. With a score which bears more than a passing resemblance to Harry Gregson Williams' work, you'll feel like a military badass in no time. The sound editing is the best in the shooter genre since Halo Reach and Medal of Honor. Amazing effects which pack a punch and place you directly into the action.

As with most shooters, Crysis 2 packs a multiplayer component which has been heavily influenced by COD4. That means, you'll rank up and unlock 'perks'. The problem with most FPS is balance and Crysis 2 in its current form has some big balance issues. Jump into any quick match and be prepared to be pummeled by snipers and stealth users. Hopefully, this will be fixed in a future patch.

In short, Crysis 2 is fantastic. Pick it up, and hope for a patch in the near future.
  15. Apr 24, 2011
    The graphics blow me away. I like playing cod and and the multiplyer this is just like that with a twist and better graphics. I do have to say it is a bit messy but it's fun.
  16. Mar 25, 2011
    Crysis 2 delivers superb gameplay and excellent combat.The AI is excellent with realistic reactions and feedback.Graphics are excellent and atmosphere is amazing.It runs well on every system and has a good story.This game never rus out of amazing things to show you.There will be battles between alien ships and human helicopters alien ships crashing into buildings and crumbling and someCrysis 2 delivers superb gameplay and excellent combat.The AI is excellent with realistic reactions and feedback.Graphics are excellent and atmosphere is amazing.It runs well on every system and has a good story.This game never rus out of amazing things to show you.There will be battles between alien ships and human helicopters alien ships crashing into buildings and crumbling and some fantastic grond wars between aliens and humans. These scenes ar supported by sandbox levels that give you options on how to approuch the situation. However there are some weird and bizzare potholes in the storyline.Crysis 2 doesnt have the best multiplayer but it will give you a good time.But multiplayer seems to get boring and repetatave.Overall Crysis 2 is a excellent FPS and youll want to pick this one up. Expand
  17. Apr 14, 2011
    For a game that's running on the Xbox 360, Crysis 2's visuals are some of the best-looking on any console, and that's including even the Killzone series, who are infamous for their graphics. Screenshots don't do this game justice, and you just have to play it to be awed by amazingly realistic explosions and flawless lighting effects. I cannot figure out why some people have complainedFor a game that's running on the Xbox 360, Crysis 2's visuals are some of the best-looking on any console, and that's including even the Killzone series, who are infamous for their graphics. Screenshots don't do this game justice, and you just have to play it to be awed by amazingly realistic explosions and flawless lighting effects. I cannot figure out why some people have complained about this game's visuals. The only downside I can say about them is that there are some rare framerate issues that pop up in heavily chaotic areas. The single player campaign is something that impressed me tremendously. I originally purchased the game for its multiplayer, expecting the campaign to be extremely short and COD-esque, but was rather surprised at the length and pacing. The campaign took me approximately 8-9 hours to complete on Normal, so short is definitely not a word to describe it. The storyline is original and a nice change-up from other shooters. The pacing is fantastic and the Nanosuit abilities allow you to literally progress through every area in any way you desire. There were areas infested with CELL troops and I didn't feel like fighting, so I merely cloaked and simply walked by all of them. Vice versa, there were areas where I had sudden cravings for a massive firefight, and activated my Maximum Armor to initiate this and engaged. The storyline is a little bit strange at times, and my only problem with it was that it was a little difficult to understand the ending. Overall, the campaign was great, but not fantastic, being hindered by poor AI, lack of variety of enemies, and ocassionally poor voice-acting. The multiplayer, as I mentioned earlier, was what I bought the game for, and was not disappointed. To sum it up, it's not nearly as polished as COD or Halo, but solid enough to be played and enjoyed. The game could definitely use some better servers, and the matchmaking could be improved as well with a patch or two. Maximum Armor online, in my opinion, is slightly overpowered, but not by much. The one huge problem I've had with the online is bullet damage consistency. Maximum Armor takes a ridiculous amount of bullets to break, depending on your opponent's energy, but when you mix it in with a slight delay, it shows hit markers and yet, you can never seem to kill them before they turn around and kill you. It doesn't happen that often, but I would say at least once a game. Cloaking is much more balanced than I expected, although there are still the ocassional campers that crouch in the corner invisible, waiting for their next to target to stroll by. But you'll never be able to weed those people out entirely, and I've always said that if there's something moderately unbalanced or cheap in an online game, it will be severely abused. Another problem with the multiplayer is the low amount of weaponry to be used. There's only about 10 actual guns total, and they're not exactly balanced. However, the amount of balanced achieved with so few guns is adequete, and there's enough variety to be killed with multiple weapons in one match. Most of the online maps are very well-made, reaching a balance between close-range combat and long-range sniper-fests. The multiplayer keeps tracks of a wide variety of statistics, so if you need to get 30 more kills to up your kill/death ratio, than this game is for you. Overall, a highly original shooter that puts a spin on the genre with Nanosuit abilities, and well-worth a full price purchase. Great single player and a rewarding and entertaining multiplayer is to be found here as well, so if you're getting tired of all of the lame campers in COD, picking up a copy of this game is highly recommended. Expand
  18. Apr 17, 2011
    If you're a jaded FPS console gamer that is sick and tired of linear, scripted shooters with no sandbox and no freedom to explore, then you very likely will enjoy this game. Its actually a far superior game to Crysis 1 and Warhead in my opinion. Those games had terrible characterisation and dumb plot-lines. In Crysis 2 they aren't half bad. The controls and gamapley feels a lot more fluidIf you're a jaded FPS console gamer that is sick and tired of linear, scripted shooters with no sandbox and no freedom to explore, then you very likely will enjoy this game. Its actually a far superior game to Crysis 1 and Warhead in my opinion. Those games had terrible characterisation and dumb plot-lines. In Crysis 2 they aren't half bad. The controls and gamapley feels a lot more fluid and easy to pickup, the game feels a lot more polished than the original too. Though its still not without its show stopping bugs. The levels aren't quite as expansive, but theyre still pretty large with lots of areas to explore. And that is where this game falls apart the most, and needs to play catch up a bit. There is no incentive to explore the levels, you have recharging health, so no need to seek out med-packs, and because ammo stashes are littered almost everywhere, there's no real need to going looking for hidden ammo dumps. There just isn't enough done to encourage and then reward exploration of the levels. Crytek really need to take a look at BioShock for how to reward and ecnourage off the beaten path exploration. I wont talk about the graphics becuase they're awesome and anyone with eeyes can see how visually stunning the game looks from screenshots and videos. One thing I did notice though is that sometimes there seemed to be not enough enemies in a level. I dunno if that is a pay off they had to make due to the expansive level design and graphically impressive visuals, but even if its not, the combat always felt a bit too small. Though the audio did a great job of making it seem bigger than it actually was.

Combat wise the game is very good, though the A.I is a bit hit and miss. Sometimes its excellent, storming and out flanking you, using tactics. Other times its completely idiotic and gets stuck running into a wall. Also the powers weren't handled right IMO. Cloak is way too powerful, its basically an invisibility cheat, it takes all the fun out of being stealthy and hiding in the shadows, which isn't a good thing if you're a stealthy player like me. As for the armour power, I don't understand why it needs to be activated at all? I mean really?... look at the Halo shield, its always on and depletes as you take hits. Would have been much simpler, and less complex just to do it that way. Would have left more controls free for other actions too. I think making more of the suit powers more passive like strength and speed is the right direction. And the suit upgrades are a great idea if last minute and poorly implemented. For C3, I hope they improve the RPG aspects, with a better interface and a lot more choices, upgradable levels and so forth. Same with modding weapons. I don't like th idea that we can do that at any time. Would have been much better if modding was only allowed at specific armoury / load-out points. Anyway those elements could really have lifted this game a lot higher on the re-playability meter, so hopefully next time Crytek will focus on them a lot more.

All in all though I did enjoy the game. It wasn't short like a ton of other recent FPS games ive played. CoD *cough*. Great effort and a keeper. PS. I don't play MP anymore, so I have no clue what that is all about.
  19. Mar 28, 2011
    If you have not played Crysis due to the fact that your PC had to be a beast to run it in all its glory no worries the CryEngine 3 delivers on the console making most other FPS titels look outdated. From a gameplay perspective they have really thrown everything they could into this title. Peeking around corners, stealth kills, nice solid feeling weapons regenerating health, theIf you have not played Crysis due to the fact that your PC had to be a beast to run it in all its glory no worries the CryEngine 3 delivers on the console making most other FPS titels look outdated. From a gameplay perspective they have really thrown everything they could into this title. Peeking around corners, stealth kills, nice solid feeling weapons regenerating health, the ever-awesome visor to mark targets I could go on and on but if you are a fan of FPS games then you owe it to yourself to pick this game up on whatever your platoform of choice now your 300$ machine plays what only $2000 PCs could before. Expand
  20. Mar 29, 2011
    Having the best graphics ever seen on console on the Xbox 360 version, An amazing Single-player campaign and Online Multi-player that will keep you entertained for months.

This game is top notch and you cannot go wrong here if you love fps.

To me it has the fun of Halo and the intense shooter action of Call of Duty. Amazing
  21. Apr 12, 2011
    This is a amazing game with amazing graphics. No surprise there. But what stops this game from being a perfect 10 for me is the issues in the multi player. Now don't get me wrong here the multi player is amazingly fun to play. It's new and creative with the armour and cloak abilities and the graphics are just as good in multi player as it is in the single player. The problems are thatThis is a amazing game with amazing graphics. No surprise there. But what stops this game from being a perfect 10 for me is the issues in the multi player. Now don't get me wrong here the multi player is amazingly fun to play. It's new and creative with the armour and cloak abilities and the graphics are just as good in multi player as it is in the single player. The problems are that there are very little guns, and the game is mainly focused on the ARs and the SMGs. Another problem is that the game has a really bad choice in who is the host and who is not. I have a pretty good internet connection and I never get host. When I do I get those really good games where the whole lobby is at a four bar connection but other wise it is at a two-three bar connection at all time. Here is a tip for you guys/gals playing: If you are playing multiplayer just leave if you have a one bar. Expand
  22. Apr 16, 2011
    I really thought that with all the hype going on that this would be a good game but I rented it to make sure and its absolutely horrible. Its the biggest Call Of Duty knock-off I have ever seen, Crytek has copied everything from the killstreaks and effects down to the perks and ability to slide after sprinting. This game is set in 2023 which is 14 years after the release of Modern WarfareI really thought that with all the hype going on that this would be a good game but I rented it to make sure and its absolutely horrible. Its the biggest Call Of Duty knock-off I have ever seen, Crytek has copied everything from the killstreaks and effects down to the perks and ability to slide after sprinting. This game is set in 2023 which is 14 years after the release of Modern Warfare 2 so it made me think of a Call Of Duty 14 years into the future. It shouldn't be called Crysis, it should be called Mw2023. In short, this is the worst game I have ever played. Just go and buy your self a copy of Call Of Duty and save yourself some money. Expand
  23. Mar 26, 2011
    Strange how the telegraph dismissed the A.I, calling it "Atrocious" when every other review called it very smart. I think they should have ignore that review, it dragged the score down unjustly. As for me, this game is really damn good and blow both Halo and COD out of the water. Unlike the AA's in Reach, the nanosuit abilities are nicely balanced (Just, could have gone wrong if theyStrange how the telegraph dismissed the A.I, calling it "Atrocious" when every other review called it very smart. I think they should have ignore that review, it dragged the score down unjustly. As for me, this game is really damn good and blow both Halo and COD out of the water. Unlike the AA's in Reach, the nanosuit abilities are nicely balanced (Just, could have gone wrong if they weren't careful) and the fast paced and varied gunplay easily outmatches COD's. Pick this up, you will want it, if not for the gameplay and story, then get it for the best graphics of this generation. Expand
  24. Mar 26, 2011
    Utterly gorgeous game.However,even though the story is well told,there's very little story to tell.Often the difference between a score of 8,9 or 10 depends on often overlooked parts of a game whether it's story,sound,graphics or whatever.Crysis 2 has everything you could want in an FPS.Except for a proper story.To most I'm sure,it wont matter.But for me,that's what makes this game a 9Utterly gorgeous game.However,even though the story is well told,there's very little story to tell.Often the difference between a score of 8,9 or 10 depends on often overlooked parts of a game whether it's story,sound,graphics or whatever.Crysis 2 has everything you could want in an FPS.Except for a proper story.To most I'm sure,it wont matter.But for me,that's what makes this game a 9 instead of 10.
    It seems,in the FPS category at least,no developer has has learnt from the magnificence of Bioshock and continue to make generic shooters time after time.It's the graphics and somewhat tactical gameplay that puts this game above the likes of COD or Halo.
  25. Mar 25, 2011
    This game was simply amazing, and makes Homefront look like crap with its story, visuals, gameplay and length at 3 hours that pales in comparison to this. Was AMAZING, although slightly buggy. The ending was very well done and better than near all sequel endings I have seen. Can't wait for Crysis 3!
  26. Mar 22, 2011
    Crysis 2 is a very good game. It has a good story, good game play (thanks to the nanosuit), good AI and all combined in a nice graphic package. On top of this it gives you a very nice MP. Some facts: Single player is around 10-15h, 1 suit (armour, stealth and tactical modus), lots of weapons, more then 12 suit upgrades, lots of cinematic. Lots of (on the fly) upgradable weapons. BreakableCrysis 2 is a very good game. It has a good story, good game play (thanks to the nanosuit), good AI and all combined in a nice graphic package. On top of this it gives you a very nice MP. Some facts: Single player is around 10-15h, 1 suit (armour, stealth and tactical modus), lots of weapons, more then 12 suit upgrades, lots of cinematic. Lots of (on the fly) upgradable weapons. Breakable environment. 50 Level multi player with lots of unlock-able stuff. Expand
  27. Mar 22, 2011
    Crysis 2 is a great game. I am amazed by the visuals, story and design of the game. It is a blast. I also have a 3D TV and I had an incredible great experience. Next i will jump over to MP before I go back to SP and play again. It takes over 10 hours to play. Enjoy it.
  28. Mar 22, 2011
    I have never been a fan of 3D in games or home movies, but this game has changed my view on that entirely. The 3D implementation in this game is absolutely amazing and must be seen to be believed. The games graphics remain top notch and they have simplified the switching/suit very well compare to Crysis 1. The combat is fun, exciting and in-line with today's best games. I had littleI have never been a fan of 3D in games or home movies, but this game has changed my view on that entirely. The 3D implementation in this game is absolutely amazing and must be seen to be believed. The games graphics remain top notch and they have simplified the switching/suit very well compare to Crysis 1. The combat is fun, exciting and in-line with today's best games. I had little hope for the game because of Crysis 1 but I'm super happy to see a console version of the game and give this top rating. Expand
  29. Mar 22, 2011
    I remember playing the original crysis and thinking "man it would be so cool to play this on my xbox" well, the day has finally arrived, this game is a true successor to the greatness that was the original crysis, keep up the good work Crytek
  30. Mar 23, 2011
    Crysis 2 is another visually stunning installment to the Crysis series but it doesn't end there. Crysis 2 provides a strong single player campaign and an equally great multiplayer experience. The gameplay is fun and rewarding, mixing efficient brutality with a delicate finesse that isn't matched by many other shooters. You're given a decent choice of semi-futuristic weapons to gun downCrysis 2 is another visually stunning installment to the Crysis series but it doesn't end there. Crysis 2 provides a strong single player campaign and an equally great multiplayer experience. The gameplay is fun and rewarding, mixing efficient brutality with a delicate finesse that isn't matched by many other shooters. You're given a decent choice of semi-futuristic weapons to gun down your opponents both offline/online and can assassinate, punch, gun butt, and stomp your enemies to death. There are also upgrades you can perform to your suit that provide you with abilities such as faster health and energy recharge times, quieter footsteps, and the ability to jump in the air and come crashing down onto your opponent with a hefty stomp. The storyline starts off relatively slow but picks up the pace quite heavily as you progress and progressing through the ravaged and war torn buildings of New York isn't exactly a terrible task. It's beautifully damaged and, even if it is science fiction, gives you a true atmospheric experience. You almost feel like you're the one in that nanosuit desperately fighting through the ruined streets.

The multiplayer is satisfying as well. There are five different multiplayer modes to clash against each other in eight different maps, ranging from close ranged maps, medium ranged maps, long ranged maps, and ones that blend both or all three. You're handed dog tags for garnering certain awards (among other things) and can level up your perks and weapons as you progress through the multiplayer portion of the video game. The suit abilities also give online players an advantage. You're able to switch on high resistance armor if you get into a tight situation and, when unseen, you can slip on a cloak and carefully eliminate your enemies utilizing stealth. There is even a section for new recruits to get the hang of things before you jump into the competitive and fast paced standard multiplayer.

Overall, this is another excellent and finely crafted entry into the Crysis series. If you're an FPS fan and you miss out on this, I truly feel sorry for you.
  31. Mar 24, 2011
    This is a great game i have played all the shooters and this definitely hangs in with the many others. its nice to have a change from call of duty and halo.
  32. Mar 22, 2011
    I have never seen such a cinematic atmosphere in any game before. Especially in S3D it feels like you are in a movie, the only difference - YOU are the actor.
  33. Mar 22, 2011
    Huge single player campaign with epic ambition, solid and fun multi-player with longevity, an all-round great package. Respect to Crytec for not short-changing FPS fans.
  34. Mar 22, 2011
    This game looks insane on a 55" 3D LED on PS3... supposedly the 360 version looks even better... as close to a true 10 that I have seen in a long while... if you like shooters buy it now!
  35. Mar 22, 2011
    Way to much comparison to previous title, really its a different game. i like it for what it is. and its great fun, not concerned with the bits and pieces that don't really matter, all that should concern people is how much of my money was this game really worth, and how much time will i spend on it before i get bored and How fun is this game and how cool is multiplayer?.. everything elseWay to much comparison to previous title, really its a different game. i like it for what it is. and its great fun, not concerned with the bits and pieces that don't really matter, all that should concern people is how much of my money was this game really worth, and how much time will i spend on it before i get bored and How fun is this game and how cool is multiplayer?.. everything else is fanboy and flamer rubbish. +1: It looks great, its a fun place to visit and stay at for awhile when you want to play a game because the visuals are endearing and detailed environments are gorgeous +2: Its fun semi sandbox feel, Its a first person shooter with some freedom to do more then your average shooter, so it makes it allot more fun when you in the mood for a fps. also boosts your strategies capabilities +3:Sounds awesome: music to the ambients to the guns, more immersion in this area to keep your time in game juicy. +4: Nano suit feels a little weak: but it makes you think, and eventually people will begin to understand it, and able to pull some cool stuff off, timing is everything, no brains no glory in this one. -1: Levels could have been BIGGER, but keep a tense feel and allows for much more detailing the areas your in, -2 Combat animations when doing takedowns need polish. yet this can be patched. -3 Enemy Ai needs polish there are some moments when they seem confused, again patch can fix this. -4 Unfortunately, because of there first game they damned themselves to being compared to it, its not a sandbox, Nanosuit is weak, Wheres my cake, there missing a decimal point in the coding associated wit the graphics output on my whats it. so don't read these reviews as a deal breaker, play the game, make your own decision, if you play. ill see you in multiplayer. thanks, and have a good one. Expand
  36. Mar 23, 2011
    Just like the first, its even more impressive that Crytek was able to run it so smoothely and slickly on a suicidal console. The gameplay is reminiscent to the first, but well don't fix wat ain't broken. Players should not hesitate to pick this up if they want a shooter that is a little different.
  37. Mar 23, 2011
    This game is Awesome! It's stunning visuals and epic gameplay is one of a kind. Nothing questioned me about not buying this game. Even if you haven't played any of the other crysis games don't fret, it has unique gaming style that is easy to master. It is not perfect, but I don't think any game will ever be perfect ( but this game is pretty close :D )
  38. Apr 8, 2011
    The gameplay was interesting, but not interesting enough to hold my attention for very long. I do give extra points for making the game run as smoothly as they did on xbox though.
  39. Mar 27, 2011
    Pheonomenal! Looks great, plays great, lots of fun. What a relief. Been waiting for something different to come out. Now I know what all the hub bub has been about. It's crazy to me how people are demanding more and more from FPS's. 9/10 isn't good enough anymore for gamers. 10 hour campaigns arent good enough? If you want length, play FF games or Fallout games. I'll take fun over lengthPheonomenal! Looks great, plays great, lots of fun. What a relief. Been waiting for something different to come out. Now I know what all the hub bub has been about. It's crazy to me how people are demanding more and more from FPS's. 9/10 isn't good enough anymore for gamers. 10 hour campaigns arent good enough? If you want length, play FF games or Fallout games. I'll take fun over length anyday. Same feelings I had about Bulletstorm too. Fun as hell. I think the recession is getting to people, and rightfully so. $60 is alot to spend on games nowadays. People want more for their money. Now that we're in the back nine of our respected consoles, the games are coming in fast and furious. Not enough money to induldge in everything. Look for 2 for 1 deals on amazon or other deals of the sort. There are ways to beat the $60 crunch of games that doesn't involve pirating or buying used. Try to buy new people, but be smart about it. Don't always run to gamestop on day 1. Look around, and you'll be surprised what kind of deals you'll find. Stores like Target have been known to pull off a $37 deal for a weekend on newer games from time to time. Other places may give you a $10 to $20 store credit. Together we can do this. Last thing we need is for the days of gaming to come to and end because of our selfish need to save $5. Publishers and developers should meet in the middle as well. Do they want to sell 500,000 copies of a game at $60 or would they rather sell 2,000,000 copies at $45? Do the math. It's the retailers commanding the $60 price tag, not the makers. Eventually the publishers will put pressure on the giants to make a move. I feel it. Expand
  40. Mar 24, 2011
    I picked this game up expecting it to be so-so, maybe slightly above average at best. Boy was I wrong. This is one of the most finely polished, well-designed, and fun-to-play FPS games in recent memory, which is especially shocking given the relative lack of major hype about it. It has a few flaws here and there, but most can be fixed with a simple patch and the others are so minor II picked this game up expecting it to be so-so, maybe slightly above average at best. Boy was I wrong. This is one of the most finely polished, well-designed, and fun-to-play FPS games in recent memory, which is especially shocking given the relative lack of major hype about it. It has a few flaws here and there, but most can be fixed with a simple patch and the others are so minor I feel like I was stretching just to find something wrong in a game that does nearly everything right. Still, I'll cover those later. First, the good parts.

At the top of the list of are the graphics. Crysis 2 is, quite simply, the best looking shooter on the 360. It blows away MW2, blows away BC2, and perhaps most importantly, it EMBARRASSES Black Ops and Homefront. The new Unreal Engine better be spectacular, because as far as I'm concerned Unreal 3 is officially obsolete in light of the Crytek 3 engine. Everything is gorgeously rendered, the lighting is truly something to behold (one mission involves mortars being launched at night with bright lights reflecting off of the skyscrapers lining the street and ranks as one of the best looking levels I've ever seen on console), and the texture detail is incredible with the occasional exception of a few objects that look like they just forgot to texture correctly (specifically door-opening key pads). The water effects are also absolutely sublime. The only flaws here are the slight grainy look on some of the shadows and a strange sort of barely noticeable snow effect on some of the skies under certain circumstances. This game easily rivals the PS3's Killzone 3 (which I own and love) visually, and since Killzone 3 is the most technically impressive game released thus far on consoles, that's no small compliment. Graphics are great, but gameplay is what really matters to most of us. Fortunately, Crysis 2 really shines here. For all the comparisons to CoD, I have to say that the only thing Crysis 2's single player campaign has in common with Activision's juggernaut is the fact that it's an FPS. It is leaps and bounds ahead of any other shooter out there right now in terms of tactical depth and choice, and it puts CoD, Homefront, and BC to shame on the single player front. Rather than funneling the player through a series of pre-scripted corridor shootouts, Crysis 2 presents you with situations and then lets you solve them your way. Your visor will highlight different tactical options around the area (snipe, infiltrate, flank, etc.), but it's entirely up to you which one you pick or whether you pick one at all. The ridiculously easy to use suit powers (RB for stealth, LB for armor) allow you to either be a silent predator, picking off enemies one by one and then disappearing, or an all out, guns blazing rambo that leaps over semi trucks, slides across asphalt while shooting, and tosses enemies aside like dolls. Either approach is immensely satisfying, and a mixture of the two really helps keeps the game fresh. Add to that the "holy &^%$, did that just happen" set piece moments and you have yourself a 10-12 hour joyride through some of the most enjoyable FPS gameplay I've seen since Bioshock. Nothing else on the market in this sector of the FPS genre even touches Crysis 2 in terms of creativity or design, and I would place it right alongside greats like Half Life, which is a HUGE acheivement.

There are a few problems that should be mentioned here, though. The enemy AI is occasionally very buggy and makes enemy soldiers walk into walls or freeze in place. It is not a super common occurrence, however, and even when it does happen it just means it's one less baddy trying to kill you. I imagine this will be patched shortly. There are also periodic drops in framerate during large battles, though they seem to decrease as the game goes on, making me think that the engine is caching material behind the scenes as it goes. I would also expect a patch shortly here for this issue and it certainly did not diminish my enjoyment of the game or it's rock-solid shooting mechanics.

As good as the SP is, most people buy these games for the multiplayer. I'm happy to report that despite statements to the contrary, it doesn't disappoint. It takes the best aspects of games like CoD and Halo and then improves them and polishes them to near perfection. All 12 maps are wonderfully designed and a treat to look at, and the nanosuit's use of the power meter (cloaking, sprinting, and armor use all have to be timed carefully to avoid running out of juice since they all use the power source) makes the game a tactical dream. Add in the CoD style perks customization, weapon customization, and a ton of game modes each featuring subsets of different rules, and you've got a real winner here. Is it similar to it's competition? Yes. It's also better. Anyone giving this game under a 9 either didn't play it or doesn't know much about shooters.
  41. Mar 24, 2011
    Would've been a perfect game if not for the SLOW multiplayer. The campaign is the best FPS campaign I've played this generation. Addictive, engaging, challenging, I sat down and played this game and the hours turned to minutes. Multiplayer is good but nothing we havn't seen before. Play this game if you love quality gaming
  42. Mar 29, 2011
    Exceptional game! the best fps i have played on the (360) Crysis2 is a masterpiece if you like to take your time surveying the battlefield before you make your move then this game is for you, stealth and attention to detail are Paramount. I have only played around 2 hours but can confidently say i will be trying to make this last as long as possible. BUY BUY BUY.
  43. Mar 27, 2011
    Picked this up on its release day and i'm pretty happy never had the money to get a computer to run the first crisis and i now know what i missed out on. The graphics are obviously one of the major reasons i picked it up but once i started to play the campaign i was hooked its a great story the nano suit is awesome the AI was smart and fast. The multiplayer is pretty similar to cod and iPicked this up on its release day and i'm pretty happy never had the money to get a computer to run the first crisis and i now know what i missed out on. The graphics are obviously one of the major reasons i picked it up but once i started to play the campaign i was hooked its a great story the nano suit is awesome the AI was smart and fast. The multiplayer is pretty similar to cod and i know everyone compares fps multiplayers to cod these days but i was pleased with what they have here and found it enjoyable but i know ill be playing the campaign a lot more then multiplayer i think the replay value of this game is very high.. Expand
  44. Mar 27, 2011
    After starting up the game (which I purchased on 360) I was immediately impressed by the background graphic when installing the game. Having not truly played the first, as my PC would probably explode, I sat and watched the intro videos through to capture as much of the story as possible, to try and grasp some idea about how the story got to its starting point for this sequel. I managed toAfter starting up the game (which I purchased on 360) I was immediately impressed by the background graphic when installing the game. Having not truly played the first, as my PC would probably explode, I sat and watched the intro videos through to capture as much of the story as possible, to try and grasp some idea about how the story got to its starting point for this sequel. I managed to capture a glimpse of the gameplay through a leaked snippet earlier in the week, and was amazed at how smooth the grpahics looked. Graphically, as soon as I progressed past the chapter I'd seen in the video, I looked up at the skyline in the game, my jaw dropped. The depth of textures and reflections from the glass skyscrapers and metalic surfaces absolutely blew me away. Without a doubt, one of the best looking games I've ever seen. Admittedly, I'm not saying it is the best, because thats just controversial, but can honestly say it has the ability to rival most competition, (That of Uncharted 2, Killzone(s) etc). Gameplay wise, so nice to control and movement seems to be almost perfectly programmed. As most reviews come in, I do agree, the AI is a bit of a let down, having seen two guys running against a barrier when I'm standing right next to them, but the Crytek guys will hopefully patch this as best they can, within the coming weeks. I also experienced a couple of frame rate drops, literally two occurences, but they were both during the 'white-outs' when opening the doors to sunlight and because I was quick to get back into the fight. Both occurrences are completely forgiveable in my eyes seeing as its running on a machine thats had no particularly massive upgrades in it's six year life. As far as I've got through the story I am compelled to play more and more. Not had a go on multi-yet. So far, so good. Expand
  45. Mar 26, 2011
    Let's get the facts on the table: graphics do NOT make a good game. Good gameplay, good story and good mulitplayer make a good game, among other things. Sure, Crysis 2 might not be as graphically impressive as its predecessor, but that's far from reason enough to give it an abysmally low score (This is a fair warning to anyone reading the 0/10 scores; they have no credibility at all.Let's get the facts on the table: graphics do NOT make a good game. Good gameplay, good story and good mulitplayer make a good game, among other things. Sure, Crysis 2 might not be as graphically impressive as its predecessor, but that's far from reason enough to give it an abysmally low score (This is a fair warning to anyone reading the 0/10 scores; they have no credibility at all. They're just butthurt fans doing the little damage they can muster). Of all the games I possess, Crysis 2 has to be one of the top 10, if not top 5. The graphics are good, maybe even great, but still not as impressive as the first game. But it's not far from the first, by no means. There are some hiccups here and there, like low-resolution textures and models popping up all of a sudden, but they are so few and far in between that you won't really be bothered by it.

The soundtrack really captures the scenario and gives you the appropriate feeling. Why shouldn't it? Just the introduction theme reeks of good quality and Hans Zimmer has helped make one or two of the tracks as well so you're sure to love it.

Gameplay wise it plays a lot like the first game. The nano-suit is back, this time more streamlined than the first, giving all the four suit powers its own hot-key. By sprinting you automatically activate speed, holding the space bar and grabbing stuff activates super strength so you can jump really high and throw really far. No suit power is active by default, like the armor was in Crysis, so that is also a hotkey enabled power now. Unlike the first game, it gives you an insanely sturdy suit, for the cost of energy. Cloak is probably the most familiar power, making you invisible for as long as the suit has energy. This setup now gives you the opportunity to use several powers at once, like cloaking and running fast, or throwing enemies while super-armored. That was impossible in the first Crysis.

The single player campaign is a fantastic marvel. It gets you through many of New York's streets, and there are a bunch of plot twists in the story too. The voice acting is nice (except for the introduction sequence), and the facial animations fit the voices well. There are a bunch of likable characters, a few bastards you just love to hate and the aliens are a tough bunch of creeps. I won't spoil the story so I'll quit it here.

Mulitplayer wise, it plays a bit like Call of Duty I think. I have never played a CoD game, but that's what I've been told. There are quite a lot of game modes to choose from (team deathmatch, capture the flag, king of the hill, etc.) and a load of maps these modes can be played in as well. If you play well, you can get additional perks on the playing field. If you collect enough of the enemies' dog tags (by killing them and collecting it from where they died) you can hack into the enemy radar and have them shown on your own. You can also summon a strong laser that fries any opponent in its way, and just for kicks, you can summon an alien gunship that hovers around and blasts any enemy it sees to kingdom come. I, and many others, usually die before getting that far, so it's not a common phenomenon. Lastly, if you want a game that looks good, plays good, sounds good and feels good, go with Crysis 2. It's definitely worth the price!
    19:01 26-03-2011
  46. Sep 21, 2011
    By far one of 2011's greatest releases, and one of EA's most amazing games. The beauty of this game is awe-inspiring, beautiful, fantastic graphics. The game has some of the best game play I've ever seen in a shooter, very entertaining. A great campaign, with a great story line. A very unique, and addicting multiplayer. All in all, Crysis 2 in an amazing game.
  47. Mar 22, 2011
    So the nerd thing now is too give games you did not play low scores. Fanboys...how they are ruining Gaming more and more everyday. They did it to Dragon Age 2, They tried to do it at Bulletstorm and others and now its Crysis 2's turn. Troll reviews is all they are and I would hope people have enough intelligence to ignore them.

Metacritic is destroying the industry! Think different? You

Metacritic is destroying the industry! Think different? You are indeed an ignorant fool.
  48. Apr 6, 2011
    greatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreat greatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreat greatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreat awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome Expand
  49. Mar 23, 2011
    Crysis 2; A great game, with great graphics and a great Story line.

Crysis 2; A great game, with great graphics and a great Story line.

Crysis 2 was a great game. The game had a amazing story line, had amazing graphics, had amazing AI and side story info and many other things inside the game were great although there was some bugs and some faulty things. The mutliplayer was not as good as expected, but it is still fun to play. It had some problems with lag(on consoles)some unbalancing things, and some bugs.

Overall, the game was very good. I hope to see a prequel/sequel in the future and maybe even a movie, short film, or comic series.
  50. Mar 23, 2011
    This game is just awesome. The story, graphics, gameplay, everything. Buy it now. It's worth every cent. The multiplayer is great and unique. The cloak and armour modes mix up the campaign and multiplayer mode then other FPS games out there. This game is just ... breathtaking.
  51. Mar 26, 2011
    Brilliant game, the multiplayer is very balanced, finally a game i might play next to halo reach. a good speed, weapons are medium powered (in between black ops and halo reach power). It feels to me like a cross between modern warfare and gears of war, and the visuals look like it too. The singleplayer has a solid feel to it, although the linear style can be frustrating if you accidentallyBrilliant game, the multiplayer is very balanced, finally a game i might play next to halo reach. a good speed, weapons are medium powered (in between black ops and halo reach power). It feels to me like a cross between modern warfare and gears of war, and the visuals look like it too. The singleplayer has a solid feel to it, although the linear style can be frustrating if you accidentally walk past the window you are meant to be using. Expand
  52. Mar 26, 2011
    Awesome game, I was kind of sceptical at first thinking this game might become another CoD clone. But boy was i wrong! First off, the visuals are stunning! I have never played any game on the Xbox360 that even comes close to looking as good as Crysis 2. The gameplay is also stunning, the way the controls handle is simply amazing and it really shows the game has been specifically designedAwesome game, I was kind of sceptical at first thinking this game might become another CoD clone. But boy was i wrong! First off, the visuals are stunning! I have never played any game on the Xbox360 that even comes close to looking as good as Crysis 2. The gameplay is also stunning, the way the controls handle is simply amazing and it really shows the game has been specifically designed for the Console. Where as halo in my opinion feels kinda clunky in controls this game is absolutly amazing. The single player is really deep and really sucks you in once you start playing. One of my favorite things about this game is the ability to sneak up cloaked onto an enemy and stealth killing them. The story is well told and makes you feel like you are in a movie. Multiplayer is really well implemented but nothing that has not been done before, still its really well made and very amusing. You have so called nano and weapon upgrades that can change the way you play. The perk system kind of reminds me of CoD. there is a nice selection of game modes that can be chosen from, My favorite till now is probably securing pod drops as a team.

All in all Crytek made a really awesome game in Crysis 2 and the game well deserves all the positive reviews that have been given to it. Fans from the original Crysis will most likely also love this sequel.
  53. Mar 26, 2011
    First off, this game blew me away. Totally sucked a few days out of my life. No game on the XBox 360 has ever even come close to graphical punch Crysis 2 consistently beats the gamer over the head with, using totally jaw-dropping set pieces, intense action, and enforcing a relatively epic story. Characters aren't special but they're a hell of an improvement on the cookie-cutter charactersFirst off, this game blew me away. Totally sucked a few days out of my life. No game on the XBox 360 has ever even come close to graphical punch Crysis 2 consistently beats the gamer over the head with, using totally jaw-dropping set pieces, intense action, and enforcing a relatively epic story. Characters aren't special but they're a hell of an improvement on the cookie-cutter characters you see in most console games. The story is thrilling however, and may need a second playthrough to catch many of the slyly hidden links in the chain. Richard Morgan did a great job. Speaking of second playthroughs, this game does allow you keep all of the perks and weapon attachments you've collected throughout the first playthrough, which is nice when you want to air stomp some of the starting enemies since you never had the chance to the first time around. Gameplay is open, fantastically paced, visceral, and balances out a variety of aggressive enemies with fantastic controls and options, but has an offensively large gap between each checkpoint (no, you can't save anytime you feel like anymore), and has a surprisingly consistent AI pathing glitch that sees them stuck inside of or onto random objects. Despite these two minor complaints, this is the SMARTEST (story and gameplay) shooter you will play on the consoles, and is the best single-player campaign since Mass Effect 2. There are even video, art-work, and musical collectibles hidden throughout the game. However, this seems to have come at somewhat of a price of multiplayer. Crytek (by some rash and unpredictable reasoning) decided to do away with the fantastically open "power struggle" mode from the first game and replaced it with a nano-suit take on Call of Duty. No it's not Call of Duty, but I don't feel as though it's Crysis either. Games are smaller but more up-close and personal, which isn't a good thing when the nano-suit powers can so easily overpower spawn-safety and also the fact that higher level guns are really unbalanced. If you're jumping into Crysis 2 multiplayer a little on the late side, you should expect to get your ass handed to you a few times by high-leveled, super-armed, mega campers (there's lobbies exclusive to anyone level 10 and lower, but these are all conveniently empty). Objective modes are a bit better if you didn't have to UNLOCK THEM (wtf crytek) by leveling up in the **** balanced team instant-action, but once you get in, it can be pretty fun, assuming lag doesn't do you in. All in all, if it wasn't for a disappointing multiplayer, Crysis 2 is an absolutely jaw-dropping experience and is worth every dollar! Expand
  54. Mar 27, 2011
    The game delivers. A long progressive SP campaign that gets better in looks, features and story; and a myriad of options to customize your own approach to every situation. Crytek truly did a great job with this gem. The MP is different than the usual run-n-gun and it takes a few times to get used to. All in all, it raises the bar from the standard cookie-cutter 4-5hrs FPS campaigns we'veThe game delivers. A long progressive SP campaign that gets better in looks, features and story; and a myriad of options to customize your own approach to every situation. Crytek truly did a great job with this gem. The MP is different than the usual run-n-gun and it takes a few times to get used to. All in all, it raises the bar from the standard cookie-cutter 4-5hrs FPS campaigns we've been seeing lately. Buy. Expand
  55. Mar 22, 2011
    If xbox 360 owners want something that compares to killzone 3 this is it visually and immersion wise! It may not have the amazing throw you into hellfire "this is war" atmosphere but thats what the awesome suit is for. Ps3 fanboys litterally have the best looking game "graphically" in killzone 3 and 2 intill crysis 2 came out on xbox 360 and although ps3 owners can still get this game onIf xbox 360 owners want something that compares to killzone 3 this is it visually and immersion wise! It may not have the amazing throw you into hellfire "this is war" atmosphere but thats what the awesome suit is for. Ps3 fanboys litterally have the best looking game "graphically" in killzone 3 and 2 intill crysis 2 came out on xbox 360 and although ps3 owners can still get this game on there system its nice to say we got something that looks just as good texture, lighting, 60fps and immersion wise. Everyone knows that crysis on pc is the best looking game out there but as far as consoles go this is right up there with uncharted 2, killzone 2 and 3. Now we will just have to wait and see what the guys at epic put out (Gears3) at the end of this year to keep the "better graphics war" between consoles going? By the way the campaign was great with excellent atmosphere and amazing attention to detail. It lasted longer then the short as hell call of duty games and the story made it feel like a truly epic sci-fi that keeps your attention all the way till the credits roll. The suit was amazing and makes the replay value sky rocket for the campaign with all the different styles you can play. To be completely honest I have not gotten too much into the multi player but i played the demo a lot the suit aspects are something new and refreshing in the fps multi player genre and the customization options are top notch! All in all this game is a must by for hard core shooters and sci-fi fans. Expand
  56. Mar 23, 2011
    The game's graphics are outstanding, and the gameplay feels very smooth. The environments you are emersed in really bring out a great experience for the gamer. The nanosuit is a great addition to helping the gameplay feel right for the user.
  57. Mar 26, 2011
    This game impressed me greatly through the entire campaign. It is by far the best looking game on the Xbox 360. I have 2 main gripes about the single player though. First, it can be a bit buggy. Randomly floating helicopters stuck in the air, enemy death animations cause them to be wedged in walls, your scope sights disappearing, etc. Typically, they are minor bugs. The other gripe I haveThis game impressed me greatly through the entire campaign. It is by far the best looking game on the Xbox 360. I have 2 main gripes about the single player though. First, it can be a bit buggy. Randomly floating helicopters stuck in the air, enemy death animations cause them to be wedged in walls, your scope sights disappearing, etc. Typically, they are minor bugs. The other gripe I have is the AI. Sometimes you will catch them running into walls endlessly, meshing together into a blob of enemies, or running away from you when you are clearly at a disadvantage. Especially the alien AI. They tend to wander around aimlessly sometimes and never feel like a threat. Other than those 2 main problems, I really enjoyed the gameplay. I really liked the visor feature that helped you out by telling you possible locations to flank, go stealth, resupply, etc. Now for the multiplayer. It actually is quite good, but nothing really special in comparison to CoD. Gameplay is very close quarters because it takes too many hits to kill opponents at long range (and is damn near impossible to snipe on due to low fps coupled with a high level of motion blur). If you like fast paced action that is almost solely CQC, then this will be very fun to you. Sadly, I do not enjoy this type of gameplay, I'm more of a Battlefield guy. Now to get to my gripes about the multiplayer. First and foremost, the lag. This game runs on P2P connections just like the CoD series, except much MUCH worse. I hate P2P connections, and this game makes me want to throw my controller through the screen. 1:3 games will end up with a host that leaves everyone else with about 2 seconds of lag and it is just abysmal. It almost never migrates the host, and when it does, it usually gets worse. If this game was singleplayer only, I would give it a 9.0. Sadly, it isn't, and the multiplayer is damn near unplayable to me so I have to give it a 8.6 due to it being mostly a CoD clone with less features and the terrible latency problems online. In conclusion, it is well worth the singleplayer experience, but until they fix the multiplayer host issues, I wouldn't recommend playing it if you get frustrated easily (nothing pisses me off more than firing 2 shotgun shells into a mans face at point blank, then proceeding to punch the living hell out of him to find him turn around and turn me into swiss cheese in an instant, then see his point of view in the killcam where I shot 5 feet to his right and only connected 1 punch). Expand
  58. Mar 28, 2011
    Sin duda el Shooter del año. Mucho más complejo que Call of Duty y más maduro en todos los aspectos. Gran variedad de situaciones y armamento. Técnicamente es una "eminencia".
  59. Oct 28, 2011
    On the console, "Crysis 2" is not a sequel. "Crysis 2" is barely a sequel on PCs. While other games were content to let you play your game on your regular PC, the original "Crysis" required gamers to create custom machines, for thousands of dollars, to play "Crysis". Crytek could have re-released the original "Crysis" and called it a new franchise. The whole point is, the story in "CrysisOn the console, "Crysis 2" is not a sequel. "Crysis 2" is barely a sequel on PCs. While other games were content to let you play your game on your regular PC, the original "Crysis" required gamers to create custom machines, for thousands of dollars, to play "Crysis". Crytek could have re-released the original "Crysis" and called it a new franchise. The whole point is, the story in "Crysis 2" hardly makes any sense. We are given some flashbacks to the original "Crysis" that we never played, but those do not make any sense either. Where did the Nano-suit come from? Why are space aliens invading earth? Why am I fighting a mega corporation's private army when I should be saving earth from space aliens?! The non-sensical story does water down what is otherwise a fairly excellent first person shooter. Expand
  60. Apr 3, 2011
    Differant fps if your looking for something new. I have been playing this game and must say that the gameplay has been well polished and offers something new to players other than the shoot guy move forward to beat the game. The game has a nice balance with the powers that are given and with the energy bar that is given for your powers it actually makes it a strategy o how to move forth toDifferant fps if your looking for something new. I have been playing this game and must say that the gameplay has been well polished and offers something new to players other than the shoot guy move forward to beat the game. The game has a nice balance with the powers that are given and with the energy bar that is given for your powers it actually makes it a strategy o how to move forth to compete the mission at hand. It is up to you on how to use either the cloak or armor powers and use them on how you see fit. The ai ia actually very nice in that they will flank you are well aware to where you are and are nasty if you get caught in a shoot out with three of them. The ai will jump over wall or bushes to get cover and will bark orders and have a gruop go after you. AI is deff a strong suit and makes the game challenging and it doesnt cheap respawn in new soldiers that other games do. Graphically you already have heard it shine and boy it makes alot of the games look inferior so far. So bottom line is graphically this game shines as you would expect. The story is well done and keeps you hooked. Multiplayer isnt all the bad it is something differant which I didnt take to but some others might. All in all the game is great, it lives up to its billing and if you like fps and want a new single player experiance get it. Expand
  61. Apr 4, 2011
    Crysis 2 is the best shooter to have graced the Xbox 360 to date. It's a deep, and satisfying experience. Sure, the game has some flaws, but I'll get to that later. What sets Crysis 2 apart from other shooters is the Nanosuit 2.0. If you played the predecessor, you might have experienced the Nanosuit powers to be clunky in terms of controls and in the sheer number of options. However, theCrysis 2 is the best shooter to have graced the Xbox 360 to date. It's a deep, and satisfying experience. Sure, the game has some flaws, but I'll get to that later. What sets Crysis 2 apart from other shooters is the Nanosuit 2.0. If you played the predecessor, you might have experienced the Nanosuit powers to be clunky in terms of controls and in the sheer number of options. However, the Nanosuit 2.0 has been streamlined to offer a simpler interface. The suit has two abilities, armour, and stealth. Essentially, armour makes you a walking tank that allows you take an enormous amount of damage. It will appeal to those who would prefer to be up close and personal with the enemy. If being "Rambo" is not your thing, you can always use stealth mode and sneak up on enemies to take them out silently. The Nanosuit can also be upgraded to enable special abilities such as stealth and armour enhancements. However, the suit is only one component of the combat. There is also a wide variety of weapons available to suit your style of play, whether it's being stealthy or armoured. Combat is innovative and engaging, and every encounter varies according to your combat preferences. Therefore gunplay never becomes tedious or repetitive. Visually, the game is stunning. Environments, character and weapon models are richly detailed, but what makes this game truly next-gen is the use of lighting and shading. Light will cascade over buildings, into enclosures, and on to you. This is not pre-rendered, it occurs in real-time. The visuals also contribute to New York City and its post-apocalyptic theme. Destruction and suffering overwhelms the player, and gives off the sense of purpose throughout the game. As amazing as this title is, it has a few flaws. The campaign is driven by a compelling narrative, however the story flat lines during the first half. It basically comes down to "you are here, now go there". Luckily, this picks up around the three hour mark, and progresses into an engaging story. I was also disappointed with the ending, which leaves many of the questions that were addressed in the campaign, unanswered. The AI can range from the best in the business, to being oblivious to you and the given surroundings. They will sometimes walk into walls, and get stuck in the environment. These are minor gripes, but it hurts the overall experience. Nonetheless, Crysis 2 defines what a shooter should be: innovative and adrenalin-pumping. The story may be sub-par, but the gameplay and graphics makes up for the very few shortcomings. This game is certainly worth every cent, with an eight -hour campaign, and a fantastic multiplayer, this certainly makes it one of the best shooters to grace the Xbox 360 this year, if not a contender for game of the year. Expand
  62. Mar 27, 2011
    As a HUGE fan of the first Crysis on PC, I was a bit worried about what direction the sequel would take with a multi-platform release. I game mostly on Xbox now, so picked it up for my console, and have been very pleased overall. It doesn't quite have the jaw-dropping impact of the first's huge environments and stunning visuals, but it still provides and incredibly solid fps experienceAs a HUGE fan of the first Crysis on PC, I was a bit worried about what direction the sequel would take with a multi-platform release. I game mostly on Xbox now, so picked it up for my console, and have been very pleased overall. It doesn't quite have the jaw-dropping impact of the first's huge environments and stunning visuals, but it still provides and incredibly solid fps experience without deviating too far from the spirit of the original. This time around you'll be fighting in the urban canyons of New York. The city is beautifully rendered and a blast to fight in, but feels a bit more constricted than the jungles of the original. There are plenty of approaches to each mission, but I found it quite a bit more linear than the first. The graphics are nothing to sneeze at, but considering the fact that the original came out 3 1/2 years ago, PC gamers might be a bit disappointed that they aren't going to be getting something a far ahead of its time as the original was. However, I don't blame Crytek from wanting to capitalize on gaming larger console market, and its amazing what they've squeezed out of the xbox 360 in particular. Where this sequel truly shines is it's story. Characters, story scene environments, and dialogue are a lot better, and it feels like a lot more than a wicked-fun tech demo this time around. Make no mistake, it's no Bioware story arc, but there's a lot more stringing the scenes together than in the original Crysis. Also, the powers are a lot easier to use than in the original. Crysis had you awkwardly activating each of the 4 powers individually, a couple of clicks deep in a menu. This made switching from speed to armor, or from cloak to strength, very tedious. This time, all of the powers are still there, but cloak and armor are just single hot keys away, while speed is integrated into a thumb-stick click sprint and strength is context sensitive when close to heavy objects and enemies. This leaves you with nearly all of the options of the original, but in a far more accessible way. Overall Crysis 2 isn't as ground-breaking as the original, but manages to completely outshine the mess of awful CoD clones out there right now. Check it out, you won't regret it. Expand
  63. Mar 28, 2011
    very impressed from low expectations off demo only draw back was enemy ai give it a try if ur sick of same old tryed and tested shootersvery impressed from low expectations off demo only draw back was enemy ai give it a try if ur sick of same old tryed and tested shooters !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Expand
  64. Apr 8, 2011
    Well have read most of the reviews available online,,,,,was counting hard on this game, as i was a big fan of Crysis,,,,,well, Crytek has made numerous changes in the gameplay.Story lacks interest after 2-3 hrs, but picks up after that. I don't understand y people r shouting over saying that the graphics suck. @Miz3k ....can u name me another game on XBOX which offers such brilliantWell have read most of the reviews available online,,,,,was counting hard on this game, as i was a big fan of Crysis,,,,,well, Crytek has made numerous changes in the gameplay.Story lacks interest after 2-3 hrs, but picks up after that. I don't understand y people r shouting over saying that the graphics suck. @Miz3k ....can u name me another game on XBOX which offers such brilliant lightning and particle effects???i play on my XBOX and PC....pc gamers are angry bcz the game doesnt make their systems Cry!!!we want to play game and for that the engine was improvised,yes low resolution textures are there but it offers better story that the 1st one...people who havent played the first one can't comment on the nanosuit abilities, its not COD.....that u just go and shoot like trolls and noobs...U need to use ur Brains in MP.i was moist disappointed with the AI glitches and not having DX11, hopefully this will be patched....anyways Crytek good job, at least Console players should feel lucky to have played Crysis 2....bcz if they want to play Crysis on consoles!!!!!then GOD HELP THEIR SOULS.......9/10. Expand
  65. Mar 27, 2011
    Both the single and multiplayer are a lot of fun.
    Great gameplay and graphics and very varied compared to most shooters.
    The multiplayer takes a bit of getting used to but is more than just a cod clone with the nanosuit setting it apart.
  66. Apr 4, 2011
    It is a fantastic game, a good sequel of the first Crysis, with one of the best visual aspects that I have ever seen in Xbox 360, great sound effects, story, gameplay, with an acceptable size campaign (if it is compared with other shooters), and also with the possibilities to be payed in 3D. However with minimum technical problems that the eye can barely catch. In summary, Crysis 2 is aIt is a fantastic game, a good sequel of the first Crysis, with one of the best visual aspects that I have ever seen in Xbox 360, great sound effects, story, gameplay, with an acceptable size campaign (if it is compared with other shooters), and also with the possibilities to be payed in 3D. However with minimum technical problems that the eye can barely catch. In summary, Crysis 2 is a great shooter with very few flaws which will make you feel excited in the battlefield of the concrete jungle (post-apocalyptic New York City) Expand
  67. May 20, 2011
    Excellent shooter, it has pretty good graphics (albeit with a few glitches here and there) great feel and sound and i just find it very fun to play. I love both cod and halo games and this one has the best of both in it (tight controls, button layouts etc.) i just have one problem with this game that is in alot of new games and that is the excessive swearing. i know we live in the realExcellent shooter, it has pretty good graphics (albeit with a few glitches here and there) great feel and sound and i just find it very fun to play. I love both cod and halo games and this one has the best of both in it (tight controls, button layouts etc.) i just have one problem with this game that is in alot of new games and that is the excessive swearing. i know we live in the real world and people swear and blah blah blah but i dont need it in my entertainment, its as if developers think that games are more hip/cooler/edgier with profanity. oh well, apart from that if you love shooters you have to have this. Expand
  68. Jun 17, 2011
    Very good campaign and decent typical MP with a nonexistent online community. The armor abilities do add alittle to the FPS experience but not enough to continue to play online. Online lag is a problem with no dedicated servers.
  69. Jun 28, 2012
    Crysis is a ahead-of-its-time shooter with still amazing graphics and great gameplay combined with a long and well plotted campaign, Crysis 2 is a brilliant game from start to finish
  70. Sep 28, 2011
    First off, let's just get this out of the way. We all know about Crysis and what it stands for. The graphics look amazing. Or stunning. They might look both. They might be able to cover both those superlatives. They're arguably the best you'll find on consoles (I don't own a PS3, so I haven't played Uncharted 2 or Killzone 3), and certainly the best on the PC. John Carmack may haveFirst off, let's just get this out of the way. We all know about Crysis and what it stands for. The graphics look amazing. Or stunning. They might look both. They might be able to cover both those superlatives. They're arguably the best you'll find on consoles (I don't own a PS3, so I haven't played Uncharted 2 or Killzone 3), and certainly the best on the PC. John Carmack may have something to say later this year when Rage finally comes out, but for right now, the gentlemen at Crytek are the undisputed champions of high end photo-realistic visuals.

Crysis 2 is much more FPS than any other FPS you'll find these days. What I mean to say is that there's so much more depth and thought and complexity and features and options... it's just chock-full of gaming goodness that you won't find anywhere else. You can move around the environment and approach an engagement on your terms. The scripting is used sometimes for dramatic effect, yet doesn't go overboard to where you feel like you're stuck on a rail. Doors actually open for you, and not just for scripted AI companions. The weapons can be customized with various accessories and you can switch between firing modes. Assault rifles and SMGs can switch between semi auto, three round burst, and full auto. Yay. They removed the choke on the shotgun so you can't adjust the pellet spread, which is a letdown. However, this does give it more of a specialized role in the arsenal. Unlike CoD, where accessories like red dot and ACOG sights were a nice boon to the shooting yet were not options to be chosen, Crysis 2 allows for on-the-fly modification. This is a powerful tool to be used in the midst of combat, not just before or after like you'd imagine. For example, you can snipe at targets with a DSG-1 sniper rifle, get caught by surprise by a melee alien at close range, and immediately switch to a reflex sight and blow it away. This sort of flexibility is quite useful and ultimately a feature that many other FPSs could stand to borrow/copy. The days of playing Modern Warfare 2, where an EMP disables your red dot sight and you have to purposefully seek out another M4A1 with iron sights, should be well behind us.

Also, I did notice and appreciate how they modeled the pistol at the beginning. It was instantly obvious to me that the pistol was empty and needed to be reloaded, because the slide was locked back. So immediately, you know you need to go hunt for ammo and reload that sucker. It's a nice touch and shows an attention to detail.

There's a visor and nanovision mode that's super handy. You switch into the visor and tag enemies to lock onto their location at all times. It works similarly to the tagging feature in Battlefield Bad Company 2 and GRAW. Even while behind cover, you'll be able to keep track of where hostiles are and where they're moving to. The Nanovision is a step beyond regular night vision, and works more like infrared vision. Because Crysis 2 is so detailed and there's foliage, debris, and random crates scattered everywhere around New York, you're going to need to switch it on in order to detect the heat signatures of enemies hiding in the sumptuous chaos. The Nanosuit is half of what makes Crysis 2 stand head and shoulders above every other FPS out there. And by every other FPS, I mean COD and COD clones. It's the star of the game and its various abilities add depth to the gameplay. Cloak and become just like the Predator, stalking lone soldiers and stabbing them through the back, or hide in a bush somewhere and snipe your targets in the head from beyond their range of vision. Armor mode turns you into a walking tank and you basically feel like RoboCop did on the mean streets of Detroit. It feels slower and chunkier, with loud thuds from your feet impacting the ground as you trot along. The in-game upgrade system allows you to augment these basic suit modes with even more impressive attributes, like slower energy drain or higher deflection against projectiles. Energy management is part and parcel of the suit and must be taken into account during combat, bringing to mind the great space sims of the 90s. Crytek seems to be a company made of gamers who've played great games and want to keep those great games alive in spirit. I commend them for that.
  71. Apr 15, 2016
    Best FPS solo campaign I have ever played. The graphics were the best I had seen in its time. Story was awesome. In the spirit of keeping this spoiler free, the bad guys were amazing. I didn't find it dull what so ever. Each mission was intense and action driven. The campaign alone makes this a must buy and the soundtrack blew me away. Played through on every difficulty multiple times.Best FPS solo campaign I have ever played. The graphics were the best I had seen in its time. Story was awesome. In the spirit of keeping this spoiler free, the bad guys were amazing. I didn't find it dull what so ever. Each mission was intense and action driven. The campaign alone makes this a must buy and the soundtrack blew me away. Played through on every difficulty multiple times. Still holds up today as a solid game. Best installment of the series in my opinion. Also the guns were dead on good. Expand
  72. May 13, 2011
    Crysis 2 had a pretty long single story campain which is impressive these days when multiplayer is pretty much all the counts. The graphics are top notch and the story was fun enough but once the final mission was done I felt like I had experianced all this game had to offer. It is definatly worth a rental but the multiplayer wasn't enough to hold my attention and make it a title worthCrysis 2 had a pretty long single story campain which is impressive these days when multiplayer is pretty much all the counts. The graphics are top notch and the story was fun enough but once the final mission was done I felt like I had experianced all this game had to offer. It is definatly worth a rental but the multiplayer wasn't enough to hold my attention and make it a title worth hanging on to. Expand
  73. Jun 1, 2011
    The Graphics are top notch, as expected. The sound is phenomenal and the presentation is unparalleled. Although gameplay is not all that original, it does not have to be as the sum of its parts more than make up for it in this aspect. With a lengthy campaign, gorgeous visuals and great presentation, Crysis 2 gets a score of 9.810.
  74. Apr 16, 2011
    Crysis 2 is fully worth the $60 dollar price tag. The graphics are simply stunning and adds a level of depth that other Xbox 360 games have not done recently. The graphics are polar opposite of Homefront which has TERRIBLE graphics for a game of this generation. I applaud Crytek for their attention to detail. Past the great graphics, the campaign's story is engaging and fun to playCrysis 2 is fully worth the $60 dollar price tag. The graphics are simply stunning and adds a level of depth that other Xbox 360 games have not done recently. The graphics are polar opposite of Homefront which has TERRIBLE graphics for a game of this generation. I applaud Crytek for their attention to detail. Past the great graphics, the campaign's story is engaging and fun to play through as well as lengthy but not too long to seem dragged on. It took me 8 to 9 hours to play through the first time and am more than willing to give it another playthrough. The only bad thing about the campaign is the A.I because occasionally the characters will get stuck on a wall or just act out of normal behavior. Also the A.I detection system is occasionally weird because you can be entirely cloaked and they will just see you as if your clear as day but it doesn't usually cause any major problems. The framerate on Crysis 2 is surprisingly good for a game with this good of graphics (no problems to speak of through 10+ hours of campaign playtime). If you dont have Xbox Live I would still highly recommend buying this at full price for the campaign alone but if you do have Live, then multiplayer further enhances the overall experience. I'll start out by saying the multiplayer needs a few matchmaking tweaks but nothing to influence buying the game or not. The matchmaking doesnt find players as fast as say COD but as long as you can wait 1 to 2 minutes without raging, you will be fine. Host migration isnt the greatest but it doesnt happen all that often anyways. Depending on your connection, the hit markers/bullet damage can be a little messy when people activate maximum armor in the middle of a firefight which cause you to sometimes having to empty the majority of your clip into an enemy to kill them. On the positive side, the maps are all well made with the exception of lighthouse. The matches are pretty fast paced and the spawns are basically random so dont be surprised to spawn and see an enemy within a second or two. I found the spawns to not be that bad despite what was said previously, I think it reduces camping a bit and keeps things fresh and fast paced. The cloaking is actually not too O.P because you will kill someone who is cloaked very fast to keep it fair and its not too hard to see someone cloaking as long as you pay a little attention to the possibility. Its a good comparison to make with Halo because of the smaller sized maps and the abilities your character has online along with the effort it takes to kill one person. Please dont think this is a run and gun like COD because you will be terribly mistaken. Its very strategic as to managing your suits energy and if you run and gun, odds are you'll fail pretty hard. Bottom line is this game is a must buy for FPS lovers and the modes are well worth the $60 bucks. Im sure the small issues with multiplayer will be fixed by Crytek soon so buy it, its one of the best purchases I've made in a while. Expand
  75. Sep 2, 2011
    It's been a little while since I've had so much fun with the campaign in a shooter, it's a blast and packs some truly intense, and one or two surprisingly emotional moments in it, also this may just be the best looking game I've ever played, and there's a lot of action going on all the time, and surprisingly has no slow down or frame rate issues at all, and you can pretty much approach anyIt's been a little while since I've had so much fun with the campaign in a shooter, it's a blast and packs some truly intense, and one or two surprisingly emotional moments in it, also this may just be the best looking game I've ever played, and there's a lot of action going on all the time, and surprisingly has no slow down or frame rate issues at all, and you can pretty much approach any combat scenario any way you like, you can go invisible and quietly sneak up behind enemies and take the out, or snipe with silenced weapons from a distance, or pop on the advanced armor and run into the center of them like a tank and blow them all away, or a mixture of the two, and this also carries over to the multiplayer, which is a lot of fun, and one of the more unique multiplayer games out there, sound is fantastic, and the controls work well most of the time, the only complaint I have with them is that too many commands are mapped to the same buttons at times, and the arrow keys which access you gear are at times unresponsive, and will either do nothing, or bring up the wrong gear, and the story made no sense, nothing is explained, they just assume you played the first, which was a PC exclusive, and the A.I. can be completely brain dead at times, but this is still a fantastic game, one worthy of your time, and is one of my favorite games that have come out this year, I highly recommend. Expand
  76. Jun 2, 2011
    I like shooters but I loved Crysis 2. This is a shooter with everything. The graphics are stunning, the gameplay superb and the story is interesting. The suit is what its all about. The invisibility and different ways you can choose to approach a situation is brilliant. I loved the Nanovision, I mean who doesn't think vision like a Predator isn't cool? It reminded me on more than oneI like shooters but I loved Crysis 2. This is a shooter with everything. The graphics are stunning, the gameplay superb and the story is interesting. The suit is what its all about. The invisibility and different ways you can choose to approach a situation is brilliant. I loved the Nanovision, I mean who doesn't think vision like a Predator isn't cool? It reminded me on more than one occasion of Halo, but that's not a bad thing. I completed on Veteran and will go back for Super Soldier. A must own game. Expand
  77. May 11, 2011
    I really enjoyed this game. The graphics, storyline, level design, action, all of it was top notch. I kept telling my kid, this is how HALO should feel. The campaign was long and I liked that, makes me feel like I got my moneys worth. I played the multiplayer, it was ok, felt like I was having a shootout with crazy guns in a small closet. I didnt buy it for the multiplayer though, thereI really enjoyed this game. The graphics, storyline, level design, action, all of it was top notch. I kept telling my kid, this is how HALO should feel. The campaign was long and I liked that, makes me feel like I got my moneys worth. I played the multiplayer, it was ok, felt like I was having a shootout with crazy guns in a small closet. I didnt buy it for the multiplayer though, there are better games to play online. I bought this for the campaign and it was great. Expand
  78. Jun 18, 2013
    Crysis 2 was the best game I had played on my XB360, until I started playing the Mass Effect Trilogy's rich experience. But of course, I liked the style of going solo as an augmented super-soldier during the night time sterilizing hostile, yet convincingly creepy alien forces and human hostiles to reach your objective, liked the complex revelations and back story of the Crysis, stealthCrysis 2 was the best game I had played on my XB360, until I started playing the Mass Effect Trilogy's rich experience. But of course, I liked the style of going solo as an augmented super-soldier during the night time sterilizing hostile, yet convincingly creepy alien forces and human hostiles to reach your objective, liked the complex revelations and back story of the Crysis, stealth mode was extremely useful in several environments, the HUD was also really well set out, very nice graphics and in-game characters like Colonel Barclay, he was motivating! I do hope to buy the third one soon! Expand
  79. Feb 22, 2012
    Crysis 2 is a fresh take on the stagnating FPS genre. Gameplay is smooth, controls are tight and while firing bullets until an enemy dies is still an effective tactic, abilities like stealth, super speed and super strength can also be used. Though they may appear gimmicky from the outside, they are integrated well into the game and open up new ways of killing things. The graphics areCrysis 2 is a fresh take on the stagnating FPS genre. Gameplay is smooth, controls are tight and while firing bullets until an enemy dies is still an effective tactic, abilities like stealth, super speed and super strength can also be used. Though they may appear gimmicky from the outside, they are integrated well into the game and open up new ways of killing things. The graphics are amazing, with my eyes bleeding at irregular intervals. The story in Crysis 2 is better than most of its competitors but that's really not saying much (it gets points for not including Russian baddies). Multiplayer is distracting and sometimes entertaining but it won't replace your regular multiplayer game. This game doesn't reinvent the FPS but it does improve upon it. So if a better-than-average shooter is what you want then buy Crysis 2. But this is coming from a guy whose eyes won't stop bleeding. Expand
  80. Jun 26, 2011
    I have to say i haven't played this game in about a month but i still think its fun, the campaign is good enough. Its not short, the graphics are stunning and the missions are fun and not repetetive, but the AI are retarded, i mean they must have made them this way because in supersoldier all i have to do is go invisible and break all their puny little necks. The Multiplayer is fun, itsI have to say i haven't played this game in about a month but i still think its fun, the campaign is good enough. Its not short, the graphics are stunning and the missions are fun and not repetetive, but the AI are retarded, i mean they must have made them this way because in supersoldier all i have to do is go invisible and break all their puny little necks. The Multiplayer is fun, its not as good as black ops, battlefield etc but its a blast with a group of friends as you all really try and compete, the one problem with the multiplayer is that people are n00bs and sad overwieght d*cks, they either camp invisibly or are such a high level that they can see where you are even when your invisible, it sort of defeats the point. Expand
  81. May 28, 2011
    Crysis 2 has very enjoyable campaign mode with excellent graphics for the Xbox / PS3 . However, if you are one of these lucky individuals who owns a super PC and played the first Crysis in max detail then you will certainly feel let down by it. The multiplayer mode tries predictable to emulate the COD series and is reasonable enjoyable but you will quickly return back to playing COD....Crysis 2 has very enjoyable campaign mode with excellent graphics for the Xbox / PS3 . However, if you are one of these lucky individuals who owns a super PC and played the first Crysis in max detail then you will certainly feel let down by it. The multiplayer mode tries predictable to emulate the COD series and is reasonable enjoyable but you will quickly return back to playing COD.... Worth Getting. Expand
  82. May 8, 2011
    Extremely good sound and graphics, game play is good and has a good solid campaign. I recommend to any hardcore shooter fan. Pretty easy on normal but challenging on tougher skill levels, lots of cool gadgets to use and being able to customize your weapon on the fly is nice. Nano suit is a blast to utilize in the game, gives you the sense of being predator.
  83. Apr 22, 2011
    Really enjoyed the nanosuit mechanic. Adds variety and makes it feel somewhat unique among other shooters. Also, customizing your weapon attachments in game is really cool. Obviously it looks great and lighting is fantastic, but AI is really sloppy. Voice acting is pretty bad and story is meh. Multiplayer is fun, but sorta generic.
  84. May 2, 2011
    Awsome game, great multiplayer but the controls are kind of clunky I found. It had a long campaign and the graphics rock. I highly recommend this game to anyone who wants to play a good fps.
  85. May 10, 2011
    This game has truly amazing graphics and a campaign that, while a bit on the short side, was fun enough to make me want to replay several levels just to try new approaches (i.e. stealth assassination v.s. charging in guns blazing). Though it does seem to have some minor lag issues the multi-player is well done and has enough game modes to stay entertaining for quite some time.
  86. May 16, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A jolt of energy is given when first playing the visually impressive single player until the caffeine wears off. One sedative that leads to drowsiness can be the infinite windows sometimes found during missions. Eliminate a roomful of enemies only to investigate a portion of the map may feel has something hidden(?), only to return to the previous room that has a new batch of enemies spawned. As for the overall sound in game? It does its job for providing good ambiance. Another downer is the story arch itself. The first few stages are nothing more than a wild goose chase of the ever elusive Doctor Gould, which not only becomes tediously frustrating, but predictable as well. He'll ask to meet at spot X, you lay waste to all in front of you and on the sides, only to reach the check point and hear him tell you, he's had to move on, now meet him at location Y.

The multi-player is refreshing from the other shooters on the market but is not really friendly to those who like to pick up and just start playing. Little nuances determine a players experience online, so reading up on some tips is recommended.
  87. Jun 2, 2011
    Crysis 2 is an amazing FPS. I never expected it to be so great. The graphics are phenomenal, especially when playing in 3D. The controls are easy to use and the gameplay is fluent. Multiplayer is a good mix of the Halo and *choke*... Call of Duty franchises as it takes a futuristic, sci-fi setting and blends with the control scheme, kill streaks, and... of course, those bad-ass kill-cams.Crysis 2 is an amazing FPS. I never expected it to be so great. The graphics are phenomenal, especially when playing in 3D. The controls are easy to use and the gameplay is fluent. Multiplayer is a good mix of the Halo and *choke*... Call of Duty franchises as it takes a futuristic, sci-fi setting and blends with the control scheme, kill streaks, and... of course, those bad-ass kill-cams. It's also greatly appreciated that the weapons are balanced and take more time to kill people (thank you maximum-armor). And thank you Crytek for making the killstreaks more difficult to get, as opposed to that of Call of Duty. Camping for kill streaks in this game is a rarity, as you have to actually go to your victim's corpse and pick up the dogtag. Multiplayer-wise this game is a definite 10/10. But the Single-player Campaign does pull the score down a bit. As amazingly cinematic and action-packed as the campaign is, the story could have used some work. Actually, so could a few more things. The A.I. were excellent and deadly, most of the time. But seemed to dumb down (a lot) when you were in a close-quarters situation. They could go from shooting at you dead-on from a mile away to standing there, doing nothing while you hack away at thier squid faces. I also found that the difficulty settings don't really change much. Every difficulty feels the same, with maybe some slight, un-noticable differences. (I suggest going for "Super-soldier" right off the bat. You can use that for bragging-rights when you beat it, and it'll give you some pretty sweet achievements too). My final gripe about the game's single-player is that almost everytime you're in an awesome cinematic, it ends with you getting knocked unconcious or messed up somehow. I give the single-player campaign a 6.5/10. My final rating for this game is a solid 8/10. Expand
  88. Jul 28, 2011
    Very enjoyable game, good campaign though it does start to get boring towards the end and its a bit easy even on super-soldier difficulty due to the fact that once you have all the suit upgrades you can simply stealth your way past most enemies. Also a very entertaining multiplayer game, thats only ruined by inconsistent servers and a few minor glitches and bugs. But all in all one of theVery enjoyable game, good campaign though it does start to get boring towards the end and its a bit easy even on super-soldier difficulty due to the fact that once you have all the suit upgrades you can simply stealth your way past most enemies. Also a very entertaining multiplayer game, thats only ruined by inconsistent servers and a few minor glitches and bugs. But all in all one of the better alternatives to cod and battlefield. Expand
  89. Aug 16, 2011
    great game, one of my favorites
    great singleplayer and visuals, although the story is a bit confusing at times.
    multiplayer is also amazing, and not a rip off of any other fps. does any other shooter give you the choice to choose from armor and invisibilty in any situation? i think not
  90. Nov 20, 2011
    Having not played the first Crysis I didn't know what to expect in the graphics as I've heard Crysis was and is now considered to be a graphical marvel so when I jumped into the sequel I was simply amazed by the best graphics I've seen in a long time from the smallest of details in the textures to the gorgeous effects on the water.......yes, I stared at the water ignoring the aliens. AsHaving not played the first Crysis I didn't know what to expect in the graphics as I've heard Crysis was and is now considered to be a graphical marvel so when I jumped into the sequel I was simply amazed by the best graphics I've seen in a long time from the smallest of details in the textures to the gorgeous effects on the water.......yes, I stared at the water ignoring the aliens. As for the story it contains sci-fi traditional components aliens,soldiers and New York while containing a range of characters, set pieces and cinematic moments unfortunately some characters are forgettable with the first few hours starting of slow with no exciting intro to get the story rolling. Being a newcomer myself the story was easy to follow so don't be put off if you are as well.

As for the gameplay you wear a suit called Nanosuit 2.0 which gives you enhanced strength, speed and my favourite invisibility using these modes of power you use up energy which brings strategy to the battlefield for example have I got enough energy to walk past those group of enemies using invisibility if not I could activate armour and blast my way through with a shotgun. Given that example this game gets rid off that FPS corridor shooter feel by giving you tactical choices from the options in the environment to suit powers, suit upgrades (deflect bullets for one) and weapon attachments all easily selected through the slick interface. As for the campaign as a whole it is surprisingly very long which is great with the last couple of missions bringing spectacular set pieces and epic battles with your fellow allies while ending with a big shout out towards another sequel which is bound to get anyone excited.

However Crysis 2 doesn't come without its problems with the A.I being the major one with the graphics and creative level design being so good it makes you think the A.I would have been created to match this but instead you get humans and aliens standing side by side, no joke and enemies just running in circles but when the enemy has been alerted you get some of the most interesting A.I with aliens leaping across buildings and vehicles and humans reacting to your footsteps by approaching you when invisible with these your presented with tense moments. Some times you can be interrupted with odd game mechanics like vehicles which are slow with no actual space to drive them around and when interacting with mounted machine guns you end sitting behind the wheal not the weapon which can lead to frustrating moments.

And finally the multiplayer which to me seemed hopeless when announced as other games especially the ones in the FPS genre are considered addictive and to having the best multiplayer these being Call of Duty and Halo because of this I thought Crysis wouldn't shine in this section however it isn't as bad as I thought it would be with some interesting features brought to it directly from the story. These features being the suit powers being improved as you use them in matches which I thought was great as it tailored to my playstyle and the upgrades you could get which give you an edge over players while keeping yourself on edge as a player could have an upgrade that can outperform yours. You also get the obvious levels, unlocks and classes which to me were not so good as they don't present much customization compared to other games there is some performance issues as well with some matches suffering lag and not being returned to the lobby after a match overall though the multiplayer is well balanced. With all that Crysis 2 is the best looking game this year you could say the best ever in fact, with the developers making good use of this engine to make superb set pieces that enhance this fantastic story its just a bit disappointing to see poor A.I, odd design choices, forgettable characters and multiplayer that doesn't make me want to play again but with a fantastic story, epic set pieces, great gameplay and a tense soundtrack bring an amazing experience with features that should be implemented into any other FPS.
  91. Nov 20, 2011
    9/10 gameplay. 10/10 graphics. 8/10 story. overall 9/10. This game is fun! I only played the campaign and felt i got my $40 bucks worth. Just remember to experiment with different weapons and routes. Hope this helped.
  92. May 8, 2012
    Crysis 2 is a graphical wonder but the gameplay gets repetitive. Technically speaking, this game is one of the best. Image quality (it uses some form of anti-aliasing) is outstanding. Lighting and shadows are very impressive. But the game itself is good but not great. The cloak ability doesn't last long enough, making sneaking too tedious (sneak 20 feet, wait, sneak, wait, etc.) EnemiesCrysis 2 is a graphical wonder but the gameplay gets repetitive. Technically speaking, this game is one of the best. Image quality (it uses some form of anti-aliasing) is outstanding. Lighting and shadows are very impressive. But the game itself is good but not great. The cloak ability doesn't last long enough, making sneaking too tedious (sneak 20 feet, wait, sneak, wait, etc.) Enemies are bullet sponges which is not fun. Some enemies have armor plating and there are so many sparks and particle effects flying that I don't even know if my bullets are doing damage. The story is generic and the dialogue is earplug-worthy (and it can't be skipped). Weapons feel rather bland (although they look great--notice a trend here?). I bought this because Far Cry (same developer) is one of my favorite games. That was a game with good gameplay to match its visuals. Crysis 2, by comparison, falls short. Visuals: 10/10, Overall: 8/10. Expand
  93. Mar 22, 2013
    I am not by any means a FPS veteran. This was one of my first FPS games ever. But man was this awesome. First off, the graphics are phenonmenal, I'm not a person who usually gets to fussed about how many pixels can be shoved into my TV, but WOW. The story isn't particularly awe-inspiring. But the gameplay? Good God. The open world create inifinite possible ways of approaching a mission.I am not by any means a FPS veteran. This was one of my first FPS games ever. But man was this awesome. First off, the graphics are phenonmenal, I'm not a person who usually gets to fussed about how many pixels can be shoved into my TV, but WOW. The story isn't particularly awe-inspiring. But the gameplay? Good God. The open world create inifinite possible ways of approaching a mission. Can't find the firepower to take the army head on? Stealth kill! Evade! Blow up their ammo! Not only this but the suits ability demand careful consideration of any and every action. This is FPS needs to be: chess with guns. Expand
  94. Mar 1, 2013
    Crysis 2 is an all round fantastic shooter but it makes a few short falls and poor design choices along the way. The first major trouble is the story, now dont get me wrong I love rich and diverse, well written stories but Crysis 2's story just went waaaaay over my head. After replaying it several times I still do not understand it and after reading wiki's, watching videos and askingCrysis 2 is an all round fantastic shooter but it makes a few short falls and poor design choices along the way. The first major trouble is the story, now dont get me wrong I love rich and diverse, well written stories but Crysis 2's story just went waaaaay over my head. After replaying it several times I still do not understand it and after reading wiki's, watching videos and asking people I know about it I still cannot fathom it. The general gist is that it is 3 years since the original Crysis game, New York has been attacked by a plague known as the Manhattan Virus and the US government has contracted C.E.L.L to look after the place whilst a cure is found. However after Prophet contracts the virus he saves a dying marine named Alcatraz and gives him the Nanosuit before killing himself. Alcatraz must complete the mission Prophet set out to do before he dies which involves destroying the Ceph that live underneath Central Park and are the source of the Manhattan Virus. Crysis 2 is visually mind boggling, even on consoles. The game looks amazing during the day but at night it looks a little worse for wear with the bland colour palette really showing and looking rather ugly. It also brings back a slightly stripped down version of the same gameplay used in Crysis 1, you lose a couple of suit powers but its nothing major and you still feel like you are wearing a Nanosuit.
    Crysis 2 is not as good as Crysis 1 but it is still a fantastic game and one that any FPS player should experience, even if you cant afford the supercomputer needed to run it on the superior PC version of the game.
  95. Jul 7, 2012
    Crysis 2 is a very interesting game with a lot of annoying bugs it still does not stop from being a great game. Crysis 2 8.5/10
  96. Apr 22, 2012
    Very good game overall.
    Pros:
    Well done campaign
    Amazing graphics
    Great multiplayer

Cons: common lags
    Glitches on occasion

7/10. Good game. A buy
  97. Jan 22, 2013
    I really enjoyed this game and one of the few games I played through twice this gen. Graphically was stunning with several wow moments, and the sound was excellent. Gameplay wise it's an awful lot of fun with the options created the nano suit and the weapon attachments. I love playing stealthy and picking off enemies one by one and loved the fact this game presented with this option. FeltI really enjoyed this game and one of the few games I played through twice this gen. Graphically was stunning with several wow moments, and the sound was excellent. Gameplay wise it's an awful lot of fun with the options created the nano suit and the weapon attachments. I love playing stealthy and picking off enemies one by one and loved the fact this game presented with this option. Felt the campaign was just long enough to always hold my attention and not make me hope the end is soon. The problems are in my opinion the Geth which are just not as fun to fight as soilders, and taking about the big walker units is just annoying on the hardest difficulty. Multiplayer is perfectly serviceable but failed to hold my attention like COD4 or COD:MW2 which I previously played extensively. Can get it for £5 in a lot of stores now making it a real must buy. Expand
  98. Dec 3, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I never played the original crysis. I played this for 360 and it left me with mixed feelings, however most of these were positive. First there is the amazing graphic which really blow other games out of the water, Then there is the story which is interesting and creates a realistic sense of urgency for the situation at hand. Unfortunately the start of the tale is fairly stale with blandish characters and situations however they really pick up and the story starts and interesting roller-coaster in the last third as you start to realize the real scale of things. Then it stops, the last boss battle is anticlimactic to say the least (consists of several elite units) and the ending begs for the sequel on the horizon next year. The multiplayer is good but too me not overly amazing, its perfectly fun but I'd rather play the campaign than the the multiplayer in most occasions. Overall a great game without the need to play the first, with a campaign which includes a slow start that gives way to fun missions and an increasingly exciting story which ends too quickly with perfectly serviceable multiplayer , a good buy for the interesting sci fi setting and prelude to the sure to be amazing sequel. Expand
  99. Apr 9, 2013
    I had a lot of fun when I played Crysis 2. There were a couple nagging issues, but overall it was a memorable experience. There's no doubt Crysis 2 is a beautiful game. This is the best looking game of this generation. The lighting effects are amazing. Enemy A.I. is smart and firefights are fun and challenging. The campaign takes about 9-10 to beat. The story is slow to start out and canI had a lot of fun when I played Crysis 2. There were a couple nagging issues, but overall it was a memorable experience. There's no doubt Crysis 2 is a beautiful game. This is the best looking game of this generation. The lighting effects are amazing. Enemy A.I. is smart and firefights are fun and challenging. The campaign takes about 9-10 to beat. The story is slow to start out and can be difficult to follow but things really pull together in the end and I was left satisfied by the end. It does feel more linear than the first Crysis, but it does have its fair share of large environments. The Nanosuit powers and large environments add strategy to the combat. The checkpoint system is really bad. And there are a couple bugs and glitches but I doubt it was easy trying to bring a like this on 7 year old console hardware. It was a really great game and I loved every minute of it. Expand
  100. May 17, 2014
    great game. great franchise. gorgeous locations. sick guns and shooting. god dammit nano suit. freaking aliens. So sad the first is a xbox live only, I would buy the material copy anytime!
  101. Jul 7, 2011

1. Oct 3, 2011
    Taking control of the ultimate soldier has never been more entertaining. The gameplay and controls of Crysis 2 are outstanding and rate among the best in the genre. Graphics and sound are incredible, the post-apocalyptic atmosphere hasn't been this good since Fallout 3. The unique Crysis 2 is much more than a typical shooter.
  2. May 30, 2011
    Crysis 2 is more than a cranked out first person shooter. It takes the time to enhance an already interesting Sci-fi game while tightening and tuning the elements that set it apart from the pack. Oh, and did I mention it's gorgeous to look at?
  3. Edge Magazine
    May 8, 2011
    Swapping a picture-perfect landscape for New York's urban sprawl could have been disastrous, but Crytek has found variety in the setting, guiding the player through blue-grey skyscrapers, leafy green parks, rooftops at sunset and industrial harbours. [May 2011, p.90]