Crysis 2 Xbox 360

7.5

1. Mar 22, 2011
    Just like its predecessor, its visuals are top-notch, especially on the machine it's running on; the Xbox 360. As for the core game, however, I was initially disappointed about the nanosuit's power being reduced to stealth and armour. That quickly changed, however. Having a button for each made switching between the two far more fluid than Crysis 1. On top of this, it adds a lovely twistJust like its predecessor, its visuals are top-notch, especially on the machine it's running on; the Xbox 360. As for the core game, however, I was initially disappointed about the nanosuit's power being reduced to stealth and armour. That quickly changed, however. Having a button for each made switching between the two far more fluid than Crysis 1. On top of this, it adds a lovely twist and breath of fresh air to what is essentially your typical combat multiplayer affair. That being said, it is a step down from the large scale frantic antics of the original. But it's this added layer of depth to the tried and tested 'CoD-style' multiplayer offering that lends it an advantage.

But it was the single-player, like its predecessor, I bought it for. The original garnered some criticism to its rather basic plot, but having never seen it done so well, or in a videogame for that matter, it didn't hinder the experience one bit. Crysis 2, however, propels the Crysis universe onto a whole new level. It's obvious a hell of a lot more thought has been put into it. It's more complex, deeper and smart and makes for infinitely more compelling game. Couple this with the unique and shockingly-real depiction of an 'apocalyptic' New York and well... I can't even begin to explain how awesome it is.
  2. Apr 15, 2011
    What an amazing game i ahd heard good things from freinds about this game so i picked it up and wow i was just amazed great graphics blended with the fun as ever gameplay makes a great combo and really makes for a great game campain was fun and addictive and multiplayer was similar to black opps but better in my opinion
  3. Apr 14, 2011
    Crysis 2 is brilliant game, but only if you have patience to wait for a patch. The story isin't great, but it's good enough even though it has plot holes. The soundtrack of the game is absolutely amazing, in fact it's one of the best soundtracks I have ever listened (Note! Hanz Zimmer made only title theme,Insertion!). The nanosuit has been simplified, you have now power, armour and cloackCrysis 2 is brilliant game, but only if you have patience to wait for a patch. The story isin't great, but it's good enough even though it has plot holes. The soundtrack of the game is absolutely amazing, in fact it's one of the best soundtracks I have ever listened (Note! Hanz Zimmer made only title theme,Insertion!). The nanosuit has been simplified, you have now power, armour and cloack mode. Power mode should be called as normal mode, because you can make power moves like sliding and power jump even with cloack mode on. Maximum speed mode has been replaced with sprint, which takes energy to use. Graphics are absolutely great, it is the best looking game on Xbox 360. This game has its flaws though. Enemy AI is buggy as it some times doesn't notice players or runs againts walls. There are multitiple bugs too, but I don't list them here. If you are about to buy because of multiplayer, you should wait for a patch, because it's unplayable for now. Maximum lag ruins non-host player's game, other wise the multiplayer could be amazing, which it was during the demo. Yes, it's CoD style of multiplayer, but it's far better than CoD. Nanosuit completely changes the gameplay, making the game really tactical. In short, the game will be great in the future, wait for a month or two before buying it. Expand
  4. Apr 10, 2011
    Graphics are amzing and storymode is very well done. The online play is as if Halo and COD mated and had a child called Crysis 2. The maps are small and the game play is fast. The only down side to the online play is it takes awhile to get use to the energy level (which is also your health) and when to use the invisibility. Huge plus to this game is when you first start out online play youGraphics are amzing and storymode is very well done. The online play is as if Halo and COD mated and had a child called Crysis 2. The maps are small and the game play is fast. The only down side to the online play is it takes awhile to get use to the energy level (which is also your health) and when to use the invisibility. Huge plus to this game is when you first start out online play you can choose to play in a lobby for players ranked 10 or less to help adjust. Expand
  5. Apr 19, 2011
    In a time where first person shooters are as common as teens facebooking, crysis 2 manages to stand out. The single player game contains gameplay elements that aren't commonly seen in fps games while spanning atleast twice the legnth. You can approah the game in many different ways as well. For example, you can activate your stealth and silently take out your targets, activate your armorIn a time where first person shooters are as common as teens facebooking, crysis 2 manages to stand out. The single player game contains gameplay elements that aren't commonly seen in fps games while spanning atleast twice the legnth. You can approah the game in many different ways as well. For example, you can activate your stealth and silently take out your targets, activate your armor mode and tank your way through, or use a combination of both. The multiplayer share lots with the cod games. Some game types, level up system, even perks all resemble something found in a cod game. Even so, the game is also different by adding the suits special abilities. If you like shooters and are looking for something new, this game is for you. If you are either tired of shooter or don't like them at all, skip it. Follow me on twitter for live tweets from E3 2011 @thetruthbites. I will be posting unfiltered news and behind the scenes pics. Expand
  6. Jul 7, 2011
    Crysis 2 isn't one of those love hate games, it's one of those love or "I suck at the multiplayer, so this game sucks (which that opinion was formed through the beta)". I honestly thought I'd seen it all in the beta myself, but I yearned (as a fan of the original Crysis... which I played on the PC and I found way more enjoyable and couldn't imagine it with a 360 or PS3 controller) for theCrysis 2 isn't one of those love hate games, it's one of those love or "I suck at the multiplayer, so this game sucks (which that opinion was formed through the beta)". I honestly thought I'd seen it all in the beta myself, but I yearned (as a fan of the original Crysis... which I played on the PC and I found way more enjoyable and couldn't imagine it with a 360 or PS3 controller) for the singleplayer, because I remembered how Jaw dropped I was, and how repetitive and bored I became with the Multiplayer. Since Crysis, Crysis 2 has improved A LOT. Not only is the story more cinematic, and a little less open world, Crysis 2 delivers just about everything I would want out of a Sci-Fi shooter. For starters, I all my friends are Halo fans, and I never got into it. Finally I have a game, that has some form of "realism" with great gameplay and is Sci-fi and involves man kind fighting not only aliens, but a deadly virus... somewhat like the flood. The Singleplayer puts you through the boots of "Alcatraz", a Marine grunt who escapes a sinking sub, and later an alien ship blows his buddies to bits in the water, and is washed ashore, and saved by, "The Prophet"... which is just some black guy (from the first game) and gives Alcatraz the Nanosuit because he's infected with the virus that's killing off the human race, from what I understand was started by aliens. Upon the Prophet doing himself a favor, you march on to find Gould and from there follow epic orders that no ordinary soldier (excluding Cpt. Price and 'Soap') could accomplish by him/herself. The game has features, such as cloaking and armor, which gives you a huge edge against enemies. Cloaking, allows you to sneak around and avoid unnecessary combat or even eliminate personnel undetected. Armor allows you to... well tank; oh and survive long drops. The AI ironically is challenging, even when I played it on Normal. They didn't seem to be scripted, as in if I walk 'here' they'll automatically detect me, when they turned their heads, the actually noticed me, which reminded me of Metal Gear, except better. With the AI acting life like, and the environment being so beautiful even on an XBox 360, you really feel like your in New York. When you first leave an infected park and enter the city, you have a sense of intimidation with the towers and an alien ship sends a siren blurring the screen, creating a dramatic cinematic effect but also made me realize this is exactly like War of the World's... except a little more haunting because I'm a little man in an occupied zone. The sounds also made my ears orgasm. Very rarely in games, do the weapons sound so awesome, or so much like weapons, that when firing at an enemy, I'll pump out a few more rounds to give it that movie style shooting sequence. The Multiplayer is anything but disappointing. Comparing it to Call of Duty is a little far fetched because, although it does take the "Call of Duty leveling" system, the gameplay is completely different with the cloaking and armor abilities. Using both of them actually does make a difference and it isn't like Call of Duty 4, in the sense that you can't run and gun and do well. It's possible but with veteran players, all you can hope for is an even K:D ratio, because taking your time and working with your team is a necessity. So I can't recommend this game to the fast paced, hardcore COD fans, or 6 year olds. But I would recommend this to the non-Halo, non-COD, or just anybody who's looking for a good, new, different, beautiful, original, entertaining game. So, in conclusion: Singleplayer is a must experience, at least rent it if not buy it because it's not too challenging, but not too easy either on the hardest difficulty, "Super Soldier". And the Multiplayer is different, however fun once you get used to it and is NOT an unenjoyable experience, give it some time and you'll love it as much as you love... whatever you love now. On the downside however: I did notice that my XBox Elite, showed it's true colors whenever there was a lot of explosions or commotion going on, and I noticed a frame rate of about 10, but it quickly fixed itself to the steady 30 FPS it holds constantly. I did not notice a frame rate drop at all after 12 hours of Multiplayer gameplay... so take that Eric Hirshberg. Among other things, there's occasional C Grade glitches (glitches that are noticeable and delay the player, but do not prevent the player from proceeding on or crash the game), and yes the C grade glitches are hilarious. And on one more final minor problem, the controls do get overwhelming at times... in Singleplayer, I forget which buttons do what or something, but since there's less in Multiplayer, I can't kick it there. If your interested in this game, it's worth the $60. And if you don't think so, give it time. Expand
  7. Jun 16, 2011
    The game looks fantastic, I can't recall anything looking this good and the musical score is probably the best I've ever heard but if I had to sum this game up in a phrase I would say All dressed up and no place to go. The story just isn't very good and I know this will anger some people but it feels a bit long at points but still a solid game. If they crafted their storytelling andThe game looks fantastic, I can't recall anything looking this good and the musical score is probably the best I've ever heard but if I had to sum this game up in a phrase I would say All dressed up and no place to go. The story just isn't very good and I know this will anger some people but it feels a bit long at points but still a solid game. If they crafted their storytelling and characters as well as they do the look of the game it will be the best game in history. Expand
  8. Sep 17, 2011
    a funny game to play. it's visually amazing, the action is nice, and i especially liked the stealth sections. i only disliked that the game bugged sometimes, and the enemies are nearly impossible to kill if you don't immediately get a head shot.
  9. Dec 29, 2012
    I did not expect too much out of this game, having played the first Crysis and Crysis Warhead extensively on PC i was slightly disappointed to find out the setting to be urban instead of a beautiful tropical island.
    But it's New York, so i easily forgive Crytek on that one. The Singleplayer features a campaign that will take you about 11-13 hours to complete and it features New York's most iconic and coolest locations. Fighting off enemies in for example Lower Manhattan, Grand Central station and Times Square gives a satisfying feeling and it actually gives me the urge to instantly hop on a plane and go there.
    The story is OK but it lacks a bit of character development, a flaw that i found in almost every Crytek game to date. If you can live with this though, you will have a great time with this game, the nanosuit is without a doubt one of the coolest pieces of armor i have ever encountered in a shooter game, allowing you to switch quickly from cloak to armor mode with speed and strength mode being assigned automatically when you need them. This to me is a vast improvement over the control system in the previous installments of Crysis which speeds up the gameplay substantially. Having the nanosuit gives you multiple options to engage the enemy, making the singleplayer a fun experience where no situation is exactly the same.
    The AI could be better with enemies walking into walls from time to time but this happens rarely and it does not ruin the experience by any measure. The graphics is where this game truly stands apart from the crowd though. I was very surprised that Crytek was able to squeeze enough juice out the Xbox to produce graphics as pretty as this. I still think it is the best looking console game to date, with Battlefield 3 and Far Cry 3 as close contenders.
    Multiplayer is fun but i was slightly disappointed to find out it was infantry only gameplay, being a Crysis Wars player on PC i was hoping for some airplane and vehicle gameplay.
    Multiplayer also features killstreaks with a twist, when you kill a player you have to pick up his dog tag to build up your killstreak, which mostly takes care of the camping issue that comes along with giving players rewards for getting consecutive kills. The killstreaks do not overwhelm the gun on gun gameplay though. Multiplayer also feautures with all it's functions, allowing you to tweak different functions to suit your needs. While it is not addictive like CoD or Battlefield, it is fun to play an hour or two nonetheless.
    All in all, this game is worth every dollar/euro/pound you spend on it, which probably won't be much since you can find it in most discount bins nowadays.
  10. Jun 19, 2013
    This was almost flawless its impressive and well made.We need more games like this hopfully the next gen games will be as good as this or even better but love this Game.There should not be negative reviews for this game its to special to be put down.
  11. Jul 1, 2011
    Crysis 2 is a very interesting game that picks up and releases only the end of the game and its great the passing game. The first mode is a mode of passage form the ghost he is very interesting as you do in the stealth mode. 2 mode is a gun when you go out and shoot and you get all nelya to the left and the right to only one error in Developer's about it so quickly wasted energy. OthersCrysis 2 is a very interesting game that picks up and releases only the end of the game and its great the passing game. The first mode is a mode of passage form the ghost he is very interesting as you do in the stealth mode. 2 mode is a gun when you go out and shoot and you get all nelya to the left and the right to only one error in Developer's about it so quickly wasted energy. Others were removed 2 Developer's regime is a regime of speed and power mode, Crysis 2 has two modes would have even better. The developers have made one mistake stupid enough protagonist Alcatraz not not say a word as something silly in our time well, it's very small cons of srovneniyu with the advantages of the game such as the positive side of his suit. Types of shooter games have changed the usual shooter shooters such as Call of Duty, Battlefield. So as impurity shooters as Bulletstorm, Duke Nukem. And there are half as stealth stealth already long gone and will take place stealth sex stelae and games such as Crysis 2 and Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Deus Ex came out had not yet left the first game of Crysis 2! Expand
  12. Mar 29, 2011
    Every Predator game developer should look at this game and say,,,, hey thats what we should have done. This game makes you feel like you should be in a predator movie. Great gameplay, as you have heard the A.I. is a little dumb, wait, a lot dumb. Also when you un-cloak the ai seems to spot you right away even from hundreds of feet away. Very silly and pulls you out of the game a bit.Every Predator game developer should look at this game and say,,,, hey thats what we should have done. This game makes you feel like you should be in a predator movie. Great gameplay, as you have heard the A.I. is a little dumb, wait, a lot dumb. Also when you un-cloak the ai seems to spot you right away even from hundreds of feet away. Very silly and pulls you out of the game a bit. Multi is cool, but if feels like been there done that with a cross between halo reach and COD. Overall good but Battlefield, COD and Halo are still kings in the multi player realm. Expand
  13. Jun 12, 2011
    An absolute blast from start to finish. I didn't really care about the story, but it didn't really bother me because 'holy crap I have to fight off a mech!'. The multiplayer borrows elements from about every other shooter out there. Is that necessarily a bad thing, though?
  14. Mar 25, 2011
    What we have here is the Derek Zoolander of shooters. It's really, really, really good looking. But, we all expected a gorgeous game from Cryengine 3. What comes as a pleasant surprise is how well Crysis has made the transition from PC to consoles.

The gameplay centers around the nanosuit, a living suit of armor which imparts superhuman abilities to the player. These abilities are tagged to 3 categories: Armor, Power and Stealth. Using each ability drains an energy meter. Players are then left to their own devices as to how they would like to use these abilities. It injects a welcome dose of strategy into the well worn FPS genre. Will you storm in with armor and tank it up? Or will you descend from above, dispensing silent death with stealth? Crysis 2 gives you the sandbox and the tools to play it YOUR way.

Unfortunately, while the core gameplay is fantastic, the plot and AI has some noticeable flaws. The story can feel tacked on and incoherent amidst the insanity of constant gunfire and explosions. As for the AI, it can go from smart to jarringly stupid in the blink of an eye. Don't be surprised to see CELL soldiers walking into a wall 2 feet from where you just barged in through a door.

The music and sound is amazing and does a fine job complementing the beautiful visuals. With a score which bears more than a passing resemblance to Harry Gregson Williams' work, you'll feel like a military badass in no time. The sound editing is the best in the shooter genre since Halo Reach and Medal of Honor. Amazing effects which pack a punch and place you directly into the action.

As with most shooters, Crysis 2 packs a multiplayer component which has been heavily influenced by COD4. That means, you'll rank up and unlock 'perks'. The problem with most FPS is balance and Crysis 2 in its current form has some big balance issues. Jump into any quick match and be prepared to be pummeled by snipers and stealth users. Hopefully, this will be fixed in a future patch.

In short, Crysis 2 is fantastic. Pick it up, and hope for a patch in the near future.
  15. Apr 24, 2011
    The graphics blow me away. I like playing cod and and the multiplyer this is just like that with a twist and better graphics. I do have to say it is a bit messy but it's fun.
  16. Mar 25, 2011
    Crysis 2 delivers superb gameplay and excellent combat.The AI is excellent with realistic reactions and feedback.Graphics are excellent and atmosphere is amazing.It runs well on every system and has a good story.This game never rus out of amazing things to show you.There will be battles between alien ships and human helicopters alien ships crashing into buildings and crumbling and someCrysis 2 delivers superb gameplay and excellent combat.The AI is excellent with realistic reactions and feedback.Graphics are excellent and atmosphere is amazing.It runs well on every system and has a good story.This game never rus out of amazing things to show you.There will be battles between alien ships and human helicopters alien ships crashing into buildings and crumbling and some fantastic grond wars between aliens and humans. These scenes ar supported by sandbox levels that give you options on how to approuch the situation. However there are some weird and bizzare potholes in the storyline.Crysis 2 doesnt have the best multiplayer but it will give you a good time.But multiplayer seems to get boring and repetatave.Overall Crysis 2 is a excellent FPS and youll want to pick this one up. Expand
  17. Apr 14, 2011
    For a game that's running on the Xbox 360, Crysis 2's visuals are some of the best-looking on any console, and that's including even the Killzone series, who are infamous for their graphics. Screenshots don't do this game justice, and you just have to play it to be awed by amazingly realistic explosions and flawless lighting effects. I cannot figure out why some people have complainedFor a game that's running on the Xbox 360, Crysis 2's visuals are some of the best-looking on any console, and that's including even the Killzone series, who are infamous for their graphics. Screenshots don't do this game justice, and you just have to play it to be awed by amazingly realistic explosions and flawless lighting effects. I cannot figure out why some people have complained about this game's visuals. The only downside I can say about them is that there are some rare framerate issues that pop up in heavily chaotic areas. The single player campaign is something that impressed me tremendously. I originally purchased the game for its multiplayer, expecting the campaign to be extremely short and COD-esque, but was rather surprised at the length and pacing. The campaign took me approximately 8-9 hours to complete on Normal, so short is definitely not a word to describe it. The storyline is original and a nice change-up from other shooters. The pacing is fantastic and the Nanosuit abilities allow you to literally progress through every area in any way you desire. There were areas infested with CELL troops and I didn't feel like fighting, so I merely cloaked and simply walked by all of them. Vice versa, there were areas where I had sudden cravings for a massive firefight, and activated my Maximum Armor to initiate this and engaged. The storyline is a little bit strange at times, and my only problem with it was that it was a little difficult to understand the ending. Overall, the campaign was great, but not fantastic, being hindered by poor AI, lack of variety of enemies, and ocassionally poor voice-acting. The multiplayer, as I mentioned earlier, was what I bought the game for, and was not disappointed. To sum it up, it's not nearly as polished as COD or Halo, but solid enough to be played and enjoyed. The game could definitely use some better servers, and the matchmaking could be improved as well with a patch or two. Maximum Armor online, in my opinion, is slightly overpowered, but not by much. The one huge problem I've had with the online is bullet damage consistency. Maximum Armor takes a ridiculous amount of bullets to break, depending on your opponent's energy, but when you mix it in with a slight delay, it shows hit markers and yet, you can never seem to kill them before they turn around and kill you. It doesn't happen that often, but I would say at least once a game. Cloaking is much more balanced than I expected, although there are still the ocassional campers that crouch in the corner invisible, waiting for their next to target to stroll by. But you'll never be able to weed those people out entirely, and I've always said that if there's something moderately unbalanced or cheap in an online game, it will be severely abused. Another problem with the multiplayer is the low amount of weaponry to be used. There's only about 10 actual guns total, and they're not exactly balanced. However, the amount of balanced achieved with so few guns is adequete, and there's enough variety to be killed with multiple weapons in one match. Most of the online maps are very well-made, reaching a balance between close-range combat and long-range sniper-fests. The multiplayer keeps tracks of a wide variety of statistics, so if you need to get 30 more kills to up your kill/death ratio, than this game is for you. Overall, a highly original shooter that puts a spin on the genre with Nanosuit abilities, and well-worth a full price purchase. Great single player and a rewarding and entertaining multiplayer is to be found here as well, so if you're getting tired of all of the lame campers in COD, picking up a copy of this game is highly recommended. Expand
  18. Apr 17, 2011
    If you're a jaded FPS console gamer that is sick and tired of linear, scripted shooters with no sandbox and no freedom to explore, then you very likely will enjoy this game. Its actually a far superior game to Crysis 1 and Warhead in my opinion. Those games had terrible characterisation and dumb plot-lines. In Crysis 2 they aren't half bad. The controls and gamapley feels a lot more fluidIf you're a jaded FPS console gamer that is sick and tired of linear, scripted shooters with no sandbox and no freedom to explore, then you very likely will enjoy this game. Its actually a far superior game to Crysis 1 and Warhead in my opinion. Those games had terrible characterisation and dumb plot-lines. In Crysis 2 they aren't half bad. The controls and gamapley feels a lot more fluid and easy to pickup, the game feels a lot more polished than the original too. Though its still not without its show stopping bugs. The levels aren't quite as expansive, but theyre still pretty large with lots of areas to explore. And that is where this game falls apart the most, and needs to play catch up a bit. There is no incentive to explore the levels, you have recharging health, so no need to seek out med-packs, and because ammo stashes are littered almost everywhere, there's no real need to going looking for hidden ammo dumps. There just isn't enough done to encourage and then reward exploration of the levels. Crytek really need to take a look at BioShock for how to reward and ecnourage off the beaten path exploration. I wont talk about the graphics becuase they're awesome and anyone with eeyes can see how visually stunning the game looks from screenshots and videos. One thing I did notice though is that sometimes there seemed to be not enough enemies in a level. I dunno if that is a pay off they had to make due to the expansive level design and graphically impressive visuals, but even if its not, the combat always felt a bit too small. Though the audio did a great job of making it seem bigger than it actually was.

Combat wise the game is very good, though the A.I is a bit hit and miss. Sometimes its excellent, storming and out flanking you, using tactics. Other times its completely idiotic and gets stuck running into a wall. Also the powers weren't handled right IMO. Cloak is way too powerful, its basically an invisibility cheat, it takes all the fun out of being stealthy and hiding in the shadows, which isn't a good thing if you're a stealthy player like me. As for the armour power, I don't understand why it needs to be activated at all? I mean really?... look at the Halo shield, its always on and depletes as you take hits. Would have been much simpler, and less complex just to do it that way. Would have left more controls free for other actions too. I think making more of the suit powers more passive like strength and speed is the right direction. And the suit upgrades are a great idea if last minute and poorly implemented. For C3, I hope they improve the RPG aspects, with a better interface and a lot more choices, upgradable levels and so forth. Same with modding weapons. I don't like th idea that we can do that at any time. Would have been much better if modding was only allowed at specific armoury / load-out points. Anyway those elements could really have lifted this game a lot higher on the re-playability meter, so hopefully next time Crytek will focus on them a lot more.

All in all though I did enjoy the game. It wasn't short like a ton of other recent FPS games ive played. CoD *cough*. Great effort and a keeper. PS. I don't play MP anymore, so I have no clue what that is all about.
  19. Mar 28, 2011
    If you have not played Crysis due to the fact that your PC had to be a beast to run it in all its glory no worries the CryEngine 3 delivers on the console making most other FPS titels look outdated. From a gameplay perspective they have really thrown everything they could into this title. Peeking around corners, stealth kills, nice solid feeling weapons regenerating health, theIf you have not played Crysis due to the fact that your PC had to be a beast to run it in all its glory no worries the CryEngine 3 delivers on the console making most other FPS titels look outdated. From a gameplay perspective they have really thrown everything they could into this title. Peeking around corners, stealth kills, nice solid feeling weapons regenerating health, the ever-awesome visor to mark targets I could go on and on but if you are a fan of FPS games then you owe it to yourself to pick this game up on whatever your platoform of choice now your 300$ machine plays what only $2000 PCs could before. Expand
  20. Mar 29, 2011
    Having the best graphics ever seen on console on the Xbox 360 version, An amazing Single-player campaign and Online Multi-player that will keep you entertained for months.

This game is top notch and you cannot go wrong here if you love fps.

To me it has the fun of Halo and the intense shooter action of Call of Duty. Amazing
  21. Apr 12, 2011
    This is a amazing game with amazing graphics. No surprise there. But what stops this game from being a perfect 10 for me is the issues in the multi player. Now don't get me wrong here the multi player is amazingly fun to play. It's new and creative with the armour and cloak abilities and the graphics are just as good in multi player as it is in the single player. The problems are thatThis is a amazing game with amazing graphics. No surprise there. But what stops this game from being a perfect 10 for me is the issues in the multi player. Now don't get me wrong here the multi player is amazingly fun to play. It's new and creative with the armour and cloak abilities and the graphics are just as good in multi player as it is in the single player. The problems are that there are very little guns, and the game is mainly focused on the ARs and the SMGs. Another problem is that the game has a really bad choice in who is the host and who is not. I have a pretty good internet connection and I never get host. When I do I get those really good games where the whole lobby is at a four bar connection but other wise it is at a two-three bar connection at all time. Here is a tip for you guys/gals playing: If you are playing multiplayer just leave if you have a one bar. Expand
  22. Apr 16, 2011
    I really thought that with all the hype going on that this would be a good game but I rented it to make sure and its absolutely horrible. Its the biggest Call Of Duty knock-off I have ever seen, Crytek has copied everything from the killstreaks and effects down to the perks and ability to slide after sprinting. This game is set in 2023 which is 14 years after the release of Modern WarfareI really thought that with all the hype going on that this would be a good game but I rented it to make sure and its absolutely horrible. Its the biggest Call Of Duty knock-off I have ever seen, Crytek has copied everything from the killstreaks and effects down to the perks and ability to slide after sprinting. This game is set in 2023 which is 14 years after the release of Modern Warfare 2 so it made me think of a Call Of Duty 14 years into the future. It shouldn't be called Crysis, it should be called Mw2023. In short, this is the worst game I have ever played. Just go and buy your self a copy of Call Of Duty and save yourself some money. Expand
  23. Mar 26, 2011
    Strange how the telegraph dismissed the A.I, calling it "Atrocious" when every other review called it very smart. I think they should have ignore that review, it dragged the score down unjustly. As for me, this game is really damn good and blow both Halo and COD out of the water. Unlike the AA's in Reach, the nanosuit abilities are nicely balanced (Just, could have gone wrong if theyStrange how the telegraph dismissed the A.I, calling it "Atrocious" when every other review called it very smart. I think they should have ignore that review, it dragged the score down unjustly. As for me, this game is really damn good and blow both Halo and COD out of the water. Unlike the AA's in Reach, the nanosuit abilities are nicely balanced (Just, could have gone wrong if they weren't careful) and the fast paced and varied gunplay easily outmatches COD's. Pick this up, you will want it, if not for the gameplay and story, then get it for the best graphics of this generation. Expand
  24. Mar 26, 2011
    Utterly gorgeous game.However,even though the story is well told,there's very little story to tell.Often the difference between a score of 8,9 or 10 depends on often overlooked parts of a game whether it's story,sound,graphics or whatever.Crysis 2 has everything you could want in an FPS.Except for a proper story.To most I'm sure,it wont matter.But for me,that's what makes this game a 9Utterly gorgeous game.However,even though the story is well told,there's very little story to tell.Often the difference between a score of 8,9 or 10 depends on often overlooked parts of a game whether it's story,sound,graphics or whatever.Crysis 2 has everything you could want in an FPS.Except for a proper story.To most I'm sure,it wont matter.But for me,that's what makes this game a 9 instead of 10.
    It seems,in the FPS category at least,no developer has has learnt from the magnificence of Bioshock and continue to make generic shooters time after time.It's the graphics and somewhat tactical gameplay that puts this game above the likes of COD or Halo.
  25. Mar 25, 2011
    This game was simply amazing, and makes Homefront look like crap with its story, visuals, gameplay and length at 3 hours that pales in comparison to this. Was AMAZING, although slightly buggy. The ending was very well done and better than near all sequel endings I have seen. Can't wait for Crysis 3!
  26. Mar 22, 2011
    Crysis 2 is a very good game. It has a good story, good game play (thanks to the nanosuit), good AI and all combined in a nice graphic package. On top of this it gives you a very nice MP. Some facts: Single player is around 10-15h, 1 suit (armour, stealth and tactical modus), lots of weapons, more then 12 suit upgrades, lots of cinematic. Lots of (on the fly) upgradable weapons. BreakableCrysis 2 is a very good game. It has a good story, good game play (thanks to the nanosuit), good AI and all combined in a nice graphic package. On top of this it gives you a very nice MP. Some facts: Single player is around 10-15h, 1 suit (armour, stealth and tactical modus), lots of weapons, more then 12 suit upgrades, lots of cinematic. Lots of (on the fly) upgradable weapons. Breakable environment. 50 Level multi player with lots of unlock-able stuff. Expand
  27. Mar 22, 2011
    Crysis 2 is a great game. I am amazed by the visuals, story and design of the game. It is a blast. I also have a 3D TV and I had an incredible great experience. Next i will jump over to MP before I go back to SP and play again. It takes over 10 hours to play. Enjoy it.
  28. Mar 22, 2011
    I have never been a fan of 3D in games or home movies, but this game has changed my view on that entirely. The 3D implementation in this game is absolutely amazing and must be seen to be believed. The games graphics remain top notch and they have simplified the switching/suit very well compare to Crysis 1. The combat is fun, exciting and in-line with today's best games. I had littleI have never been a fan of 3D in games or home movies, but this game has changed my view on that entirely. The 3D implementation in this game is absolutely amazing and must be seen to be believed. The games graphics remain top notch and they have simplified the switching/suit very well compare to Crysis 1. The combat is fun, exciting and in-line with today's best games. I had little hope for the game because of Crysis 1 but I'm super happy to see a console version of the game and give this top rating. Expand
  29. Mar 22, 2011
    I remember playing the original crysis and thinking "man it would be so cool to play this on my xbox" well, the day has finally arrived, this game is a true successor to the greatness that was the original crysis, keep up the good work Crytek
  30. Mar 23, 2011
    Crysis 2 is another visually stunning installment to the Crysis series but it doesn't end there. Crysis 2 provides a strong single player campaign and an equally great multiplayer experience. The gameplay is fun and rewarding, mixing efficient brutality with a delicate finesse that isn't matched by many other shooters. You're given a decent choice of semi-futuristic weapons to gun downCrysis 2 is another visually stunning installment to the Crysis series but it doesn't end there. Crysis 2 provides a strong single player campaign and an equally great multiplayer experience. The gameplay is fun and rewarding, mixing efficient brutality with a delicate finesse that isn't matched by many other shooters. You're given a decent choice of semi-futuristic weapons to gun down your opponents both offline/online and can assassinate, punch, gun butt, and stomp your enemies to death. There are also upgrades you can perform to your suit that provide you with abilities such as faster health and energy recharge times, quieter footsteps, and the ability to jump in the air and come crashing down onto your opponent with a hefty stomp. The storyline starts off relatively slow but picks up the pace quite heavily as you progress and progressing through the ravaged and war torn buildings of New York isn't exactly a terrible task. It's beautifully damaged and, even if it is science fiction, gives you a true atmospheric experience. You almost feel like you're the one in that nanosuit desperately fighting through the ruined streets.

The multiplayer is satisfying as well. There are five different multiplayer modes to clash against each other in eight different maps, ranging from close ranged maps, medium ranged maps, long ranged maps, and ones that blend both or all three. You're handed dog tags for garnering certain awards (among other things) and can level up your perks and weapons as you progress through the multiplayer portion of the video game. The suit abilities also give online players an advantage. You're able to switch on high resistance armor if you get into a tight situation and, when unseen, you can slip on a cloak and carefully eliminate your enemies utilizing stealth. There is even a section for new recruits to get the hang of things before you jump into the competitive and fast paced standard multiplayer.

Overall, this is another excellent and finely crafted entry into the Crysis series. If you're an FPS fan and you miss out on this, I truly feel sorry for you.

1. Oct 3, 2011
    Taking control of the ultimate soldier has never been more entertaining. The gameplay and controls of Crysis 2 are outstanding and rate among the best in the genre. Graphics and sound are incredible, the post-apocalyptic atmosphere hasn't been this good since Fallout 3. The unique Crysis 2 is much more than a typical shooter.
  2. May 30, 2011
    Crysis 2 is more than a cranked out first person shooter. It takes the time to enhance an already interesting Sci-fi game while tightening and tuning the elements that set it apart from the pack. Oh, and did I mention it's gorgeous to look at?
  3. Edge Magazine
    May 8, 2011
    Swapping a picture-perfect landscape for New York's urban sprawl could have been disastrous, but Crytek has found variety in the setting, guiding the player through blue-grey skyscrapers, leafy green parks, rooftops at sunset and industrial harbours. [May 2011, p.90]