Crysis 3 Xbox 360

6.8

1. Apr 3, 2013
    Gorgeous graphics don't compensate for the atrocious gameplay that crysis 3 delivers.
    The game starts with a boring repetitive stealth section that just beggs to have different execution animations or at least a little bit of challenge from the Ai just something that is not as repetitive then you finally end up shooting everything at your sight and trashing the broken and useless stealth mechanic that just makes you remember there's nothing new aside from a couple of better textures that you probably won't even notice unless you pay attention at the ground that you're stepping in. The gameplay is by far the most linear and repetitive gameplay of the series so far is just you going into several different "open" sections and killing everything that even moves, the gameplay in crysis 3 can be described as going into several different rooms shoot every suicidal soldier ai and move on the next room to repeat the same process. And you are doing all of this to get a barely decent ending that can't even hold up to any story of the past games. In conclusion Crysis 3 is the worst game in the franchise yet this is the perfect example to show that gorgeous graphics cannot make a game good if the gameplay and the story and pretty much everything else just doesn't work.
  2. Mar 7, 2013
    Campaign was just over six hours. I basically just walked through the whole game in stealth, it was so boring and un-engaging. The story was supposed to be psychological but I seriously had no emotional response to it. There were way too many cut-scenes that left me wondering, "Why am I not controlling my character right now?" FFS, the majority of the endgame is comprised of QuickTimeCampaign was just over six hours. I basically just walked through the whole game in stealth, it was so boring and un-engaging. The story was supposed to be psychological but I seriously had no emotional response to it. There were way too many cut-scenes that left me wondering, "Why am I not controlling my character right now?" FFS, the majority of the endgame is comprised of QuickTime events. Focus on multi-player is a cop-out. Mutli-player means that developers get to stop working after the levels are built and they expect the customer to create their own sense of immersion. F that. Some 12-year-old d!p$#!t crying on team-speak does not help create atmosphere. If all I want to do is "compete", I'll play Call of Duty (which will never happen). I bought Crysis for the story and SciFi setting. The story and single-player campaign deserved more attention. Same price as previous titles, a lot less content and a whole lot more Hollywood. Thumbs down. This was a linear, boring, waste of money. Three points for having the most gorgeous graphics of any game ever. Expand
  3. Feb 22, 2013
    I used metacritics for few years now. Never had an account. I was just reading game reviews. This game is so EPIC that i needed to sing up and write a review. Sorry for my bad english it's not my native language.
    Have you ever played Crysis 2? It could be my favourite multiplayer FPS all the time if not host picking/migration issues, lags and lack of support. After playing it, I said to myself that I will never buy Crytec game again.
    Thank god i rented Crysis 3. Campaign is great. Got glitched after 2 mins of playing tutorial when after equipping scope, targets do not spawned. Restarted. It works. Great job Crytec. First mission. Not that bad. Game freezed only twice. I don't really care about campaign so let's move on to MULTIPLAYER.

Stealth, armor and power modes. GREAT. Hosting a game God mode AWESOME.
    I thought Crysis 2 had some serious MP issuses. Boy I was so wrong. In C2 even with lags u could compete and kill few ppl. Comparing to C3 it was best MP i ever played. Yes C2 had some issues like emptying full Feline clip at point blank range at someones back, then he turns around and kills you. C3 goes even higher shot guys back with shotgun at point blank range. He turns around and kills you, You die and 0,5 sec later he dies from ur shot. 7 or 8 games out of 10 u will end up in match that host have 5 bars of connection quality and everyone else have 1. If ur lucky u will have 2 bars. Yay. FInally the time has come and i was the host. Now I will show those nabz how to play this game propertly. Run into a group of 3 enemies. Killed one (First Strike). Other two doesn't even know what killed their mate. I hid around a corner and my motion/audio sensor starts beeping that enemy is getting closer. Gonna kill them. I'm the host so I'm the GOD. I moved from aroud a corner and they guy started shooting at me first. Poor guy, empited probably a clip at me (fck off I'm the host). I started to shoot at him. He got killed, I got "denied" badge and game freezed, which means noone (even me) got any XP. There is a slight chance that after game got freezed for me (host) rest of the players got Xp thanks to host migration, but I will don't count on it. Successful host migration happend to me only once so far.

Long story short DO NOT buy this "game". Rent it first. If ur a masochist, u would love it. U will be punished for everything that u have or haven't done.
    If u want Crysis MP go for C2.
    If u want FPS go BF or CoD or FC3(havent played it yet)
    If u want great story I suggest u to try MGS1 or SH1 :)
    Just stay away from this game till cRYTEC will fix it, which could never happen. Check out their official forums. I think there are still topics about C2 MP issues. Best thing is their reply was we're working on it, and after doing nothing to fix this and releasing 2nd DLC maps they said we're happy with current MP experience so no new patches will come in.

Almost forgot. heve u ppl ever heard of singleplayer lag? If not buy this game. If ur an achievement whore do not buy this game cause SP achievements are glitched.
    I gave this game 1 only because of stealth camo armor mode and because i loved C2 with all it flaws.
  4. Mar 25, 2013
    This game makes some major throws at trying to achieve what Crysis 1 and Warhead were able to achieve. But aspects of the first game and everything in it seem to be a patch job. There are still no abilities to fly the Vtols or other craft. The vehicle are limited and in closed environments. Gone are the boat rides and vehicle attacks. Although they did open the environmental a bit, itThis game makes some major throws at trying to achieve what Crysis 1 and Warhead were able to achieve. But aspects of the first game and everything in it seem to be a patch job. There are still no abilities to fly the Vtols or other craft. The vehicle are limited and in closed environments. Gone are the boat rides and vehicle attacks. Although they did open the environmental a bit, it never meets the expecatitions of the original. I mean online multiplier consisted of being able to buy tanks and vtols and was a lot of fun. But this game fails to perform on every level. Also Prophet killed himself and he replaced his body with a soldier. I get what they were trying to do saying prophet lived in the suit, but you already killed him off and I appreciate trying to appease fans. But what I think EA and Crytek and Bioware need to do sometime is with a major fan backlash is to release another game in Cryteks case that ignores the second ever existing. I love the last scene that takes me back to the first game in North Korea, but that beach was destroyed when they nuked it in the first game. I mean there is a saving throw to refer to the first game. But no cannon when it comes to story. It shows they listened to fan feedback which is a huge plus, but they ignore the fact that the chief complaint was that it was a console port with closed environmental in or to become more call of duty. Expand
  5. Mar 2, 2013
    I really enjoyed Crysis 2 so I had high hopes. I stopped playing. The maps are confusing, you end up jumping around but then there are stupid little side places you should have gone. The wondering whether the jumping thing will work is super frustrating. The screen for nanosuit upgrades is very confusing, I never figured it out. Game play is pretty good, but they couldn't decideI really enjoyed Crysis 2 so I had high hopes. I stopped playing. The maps are confusing, you end up jumping around but then there are stupid little side places you should have gone. The wondering whether the jumping thing will work is super frustrating. The screen for nanosuit upgrades is very confusing, I never figured it out. Game play is pretty good, but they couldn't decide whether to go open sandbox or corridor, so they meshed them together and it doesn't really work. The story is stupid. Horrible game. Sorry. Expand
  6. Apr 26, 2013
    This game might be the worst game I have played. The only reason I gave it a one is because the graphics are good, but that does not make up for the horrible game play. You are so overpowered with your powers of your suit and that ridiculous bow you get right off the bat that it is way too easy which in turn makes this game very boring. Even on the hardest difficulty it is easy. I regretThis game might be the worst game I have played. The only reason I gave it a one is because the graphics are good, but that does not make up for the horrible game play. You are so overpowered with your powers of your suit and that ridiculous bow you get right off the bat that it is way too easy which in turn makes this game very boring. Even on the hardest difficulty it is easy. I regret spending $65 on this trash. Expand
  7. Jan 2, 2017
    Crysis 3 is a bad game,terrible in comparisons to it's predecessor.

the gameplay is worse,except for the addition of the bow.The AI is stupid,and the guns are like peashooters compared to the last game.Level design here is awful too. The graphics are still amazing,and the framerate is solid. Sound design is decent,but the soundtrack is new levels of awful. Overall,Crysis 3 is a
    Crysis 3 is a bad game,terrible in comparisons to it's predecessor.

The graphics are still amazing,and the framerate is solid.

Sound design is decent,but the soundtrack is new levels of awful.

Overall,Crysis 3 is a poorly done sequel to a great game.

1. Apr 1, 2013
    Not many games would send you into battle in a super suit powered by alien technology and armed with a bow and arrows and manage to pull it all off, but Crysis 3 does.
  2. Apr 1, 2013
    All in all, Crysis 3 is an impressive game – it delivers on style and experience, just doesn't do all those little extras to really set itself apart from the pack as a true AAA title.
  3. X-ONE Magazine UK
    Mar 30, 2013
    Being enormous fans of the Crysis series to this point, we came at this wanting to love it. But repetitive scenarios and a lack of challenge steadily dried our fan shorts. [May 2013, p.81]