7.5

1. Oct 6, 2011
    It's Crysis, the real Crysis, but on consoles. Not sure what more people could want? It's missing a level, but it's a pretty bad one involving a VTOL so no one cares, and despite Metacritic saying it has 32 player online... there's 0 player online.

Its unique multiplayer is greatly missed, but no one thought it would be possible anyway. Just getting this to boot on a console is worth
    donating your $20 to Crytek, but doing so and still retaining everything which made it such a landmark game all those years ago is a true achievement.

Sure the graphics aren't up to the same quality as the PC, but it never feels like a chore to play. Physics are all there, audio and acting is great, vehicles are as destructible as ever, levels are alive with little animals and the world is as destructible as on PC (huts, trees, boxes, vehicles...). It's a strangely rewarding experience entering a wooded area and shredding the forest into progressively smaller pieces with a minigun. Load times are OK, probably because it's running from hard drive, but there is still some very noticeable popup. Again, it's a PC benchmark game on console hardware which is around PC min-medium spec.

A must buy for anyone who wants an epic singleplayer experience, thinks collectables are stupid, laughs at high-pitched screaming Koreans and has been longing for a chicken chucking simulator.
  2. Oct 9, 2011
    Don't believe the low scores from PC Fanboys who are butt-hurt that their WONDERCHILD made it to consoles. Having played both versions, this is a great port. Beautiful graphics, and in some ways, superior gameplay (with the addition of suit functions mapped to the controller instead of an ability wheel). I'm able to do things in this version I couldn't do in the PC version because of the instant powers -- it just makes the gameplay smoother. The visuals aren't as good as the PC version running on High, but they're spectacular for a console game. The only real flaw with this version are some technical issues that distract slightly from the fun -- texture pop-in, lower draw distance. But don't believe the negativity... this is one of the best shooters ever made, and for $20, this is a steal. Just don't expect multiplayer. :P Expand
  3. Oct 7, 2011
    A truly spectacular game, one of the best this generation has seen. Admitidly it was better on the PC but still it's a story told masterpiece with A+ graphics. A must buy. 1 of only 7 games on the xbox360 i would genuinley give 10/10.
  4. Oct 9, 2011
    I've never done this before, or felt the need to. Then I saw a few people giving it 0's and being real uninformed, narrow minded scum bags and I had to chirp in. I loaded this up, and for the first time in my life, after 4 years of waiting and wishing, I was playing Crysis. I'm sky diving out of an airplane and falling toward an island. Then the first mission begins... but I don't jump to it. No, I walk around the sandy beach at night for 20 minutes enjoying my night vision, the moon shining through the palm trees, and the gorgeous water effects as I unload a barrel into the surface. Then I spot a turtle. Oh fancy that, a turtle. I throw the turtle 200 feet into the air and shoot it while it's freefalling. I shoot trees until the trunks snap and they fall gracefully to the earth. I run fast. I walk slow. I do all of this without realizing that I'm still ignoring my objective. This is the point my friends. This is Crysis on a console. Everyone is talking about graphics, and I would think that would have no place here. Do we really expect it to look anywhere near as good on a console? NO. Furthermore, we are gamers and the fun factor is what matters. That's why people will still go back and play the original Mario Bros. It's fun. I just described to you my first 20 minutes with Crysis, and there's still more pointless things I did before running into my objective. The gameplay is great, the controls are tight and responsive, and the graphics are really impressive. This looks better than a lot of full price retail releases that have dropped in the last 2 years. While it's not on the level of Gears 3, or even Crysis 2, it's damn close. At 20 dollars, you can't afford not to get this game. The atmosphere is completely believable. There is wildlife all around the island (for you to shoot and toss), amazing physics, and smart enemies. They're not always geniuses, but when things work right they will be outflanking you, and providing a nice challenge. I beat Crysis 2 earlier this year and I loved it, but Crysis takes the cake. If you're still reading : I went on a mission early in the game and died 3 times trying to get into base, then it occurred to me - 'sandbox'. My options were greater than "walk up the road into the base". I sniped 2 patrolling officers out of their boat, swam out, stole the boat and drove it full speed onto the shore. I then switched into the turret position and laid waste to everyone that came down the hill to get me. After a minute there were only 3 guards left. I jumped out, went into predator stealth mode and took out the three remaining guards. The final guard I grabbed by his throat and flung a 100 yards off of a cliff into the ocean below. It's epic, and these moments can only be found in a game like this. Until you melee your first beach hut into a pile of debris, you just wont understand. This was made for people who haven't had the opportunity to enjoy the gameplay of Crysis, and it was done very well. The framerate stays consistent, actually much more stable than Crysis 2. Oh, and it's not 'missing' a level. The dev's removed it because it was a point of contention for PC players. So in short, they nerfed the graphics to a respectable level, kept the gamplay experience intact, and delivered an amazing game without the frustrating level that everyone hated to begin with. buy this game. AAA title for 20 dollars. You deserve it. Expand
  5. Oct 7, 2011
    I understand that this is a port of an old game, and I understand that the graphics may not be as good as the PC version. But that did not stop me from enjoying this game a lot. I never got to play Crysis on PC so I'm happy I now have a chance to play it. I wasn't expecting to see the original Crysis on Xbox, I don't think anyone was. So the fact that they got this game running on consoles, and it looks as good as it does is an amazing surprise. People say that the game was simply a tech demo. All looks and no gameplay, but I completely disagree. From start to finish I found the game to be really fun, maybe even more so then Crysis 2 (which I enjoyed). There is probably 8 hours of gameplay here, and for a good price as well. I say this is definitely a game worth buying. Expand
  6. Oct 8, 2011
    ONE OF THE BEST GAME ON THIS GENERATION!!!
    Amazing graphic!!
    Incredible A.I.!!
    Superb lighting!!
    Most lifelike jungle you ever seen on consoles!!
    AND IS ONLY 1600msp!!!
    GIVE ME WARHAED AND MULTIPLAYER!!!!!!!
    For ALL shooters fan MUST HAVE!!
    :]
  7. Oct 10, 2011
    I remember playing Crysis on the PC and thinking 'this is an awesome game, wish it was in the ps3.' Crysis 2 came out and i played it but it didn't feel like the original, it was linear and the combat was scripted. when Crysis was announced for ps3 i jumped for joy, i bought it and love it. the graphics are good as many current shooters and the controllers are easy to master. you feel like a badass playing this game and the huge open spaces allow you to undertake a mission any way you want, adding replayability. Trophies are a great thing to see and being rewarded for being a badass is great. the little things about the game are great, such as picking up a turtle. swimming with the fishes, sniping the missiles on the side of the helicoptor causing them ignite. shooting the tire out on a humvee as its coming toward you making it flip and roll out of control-I rhymed- overall i recommend it. Expand
  8. Dec 1, 2011
    Just started playing this now on the PC, and all I can say is wowza. Absolutely fantastic. Environmental details are absolutely amazing and interaction with the environment is spectacular. Makeshift building will collapse if you blow them up, trees fall down and are cut where you shoot them. Tires will blow on vehicles and so much more. Love it. As good so far as Half Life 2 was.
  9. Oct 11, 2011
    A solid and smart conversion of the classic PC game to xbox360. The last third is still weak but then so was the original 'classic'. This game fundamentally redefined the shooter category and the gameplay innovation in both look and feel is still very evident here and worth a play.
  10. Oct 17, 2011
    Triple A release. Incredible graphics, great gameplay and still amazing even after all these years. Well worth £15. I'm inclined to say it's even better than the PC version. I would personally say this game is better than Crysis 2. When you put the two games together you get one of the most exciting game franchises this year, both on and offline.
  11. Oct 29, 2011
    Crytek offered us the most generous yet speedy offers of its time, and by us i mean those who haven't got the chance to play the original Crysis on a super personal computer. After beating Crysis 2 so many times I lost count, I finally stumble into this magnificent world of beautiful environments and crushing difficulty; it made Crysis 2 feel like a walk in the park. I don't know why PC users play this one their consoles and complain, at least they gave us a taste of their mighty epicness. Expand
  12. Oct 16, 2011
    Was surprised at how good this game turned out on the consoles. Great graphics, great sound and voice acting, and plenty of gameplay opportunities leave you feeling you got your money's worth. Campaign never felt dull and changes up things by adding vehicles before you start getting bored. There's a satisfaction with killing surround enemies by blowing up buildings and vehicles or surprising them by approaching them slowly while cloaked. The attention to detail is truly amazing as you find birds, shoot down trees, watch the water shoot up as your bullets penetrate the surface... It's an experience one has to see and play to believe. Trust me when I say your $20 is well worth spending on this game. Expand
  13. Oct 18, 2011
    I am just glad this has been made into a console game, Graphically the console version is inferior in some areas (the tress and the bushes most noticeable of all) but Cryengine 3 seems to hit the mark pretty dead on the money as the game play is the same as the PC version.
  14. Dec 1, 2011
    Crysis on Consoles is still a great game. While I do agree that the PC version certainly has a lot better graphics, the gameplay is still all the same. Only with better controls. If you are a huge FPS fan but don't feel like dropping big bucks for what is STILL one of the most power hungry game out there, this game was easily one of the best games I have bought on the marketplace.
  15. Apr 18, 2014
    I agree, Maximum game. I can't believe this is a 2007 game. I really enjoyed it. The music is perfectly right. The gameplay is crazy. I sometimes thought it's the end. But the game keeps getting better and stronger every time. Like the developers are saying: You think you've seen it all. But we're not finished yet. Wait till you see this. Well, you're right. It is stunning. The story is very interesting. Fantastic. In short the campaign is hell. But the multiplayer isn't a big deal. Expand
  16. Mar 1, 2013
    2007 marked the beginning of the great PC massacre, thousands upon thousands of melted processors, burning graphics cards and piles of ash that used to be top end gaming PC's were deposited into landfills over the world, the sole cause was Crysis. Luckily for those of us who cant buy a PC that will come with its own mortgage Crysis has made its way to Xbox Live and PSN via a download only title.
    You play as Nomad, a bland 1 dimensional soldier and part of Raptor Squad who are sent in to the island of Lingshan to thin KPA forces and rescue a archaeological team being held captive by them. Your squad is equipped with Nanosuits, suits capable of giving the user superhuman strength, speed and damage resistance. However as you delve deeper into the island you find that what the archaeologists uncovered was not of this world and threatens the entire human race.
    Crysis is beautiful, it also plays better than most FPS's on the market due to the Nanosuit making it stand out from the competition. However this version does take out a level involving flying the games airborne vehicles V-TOL's but it wont be missed as it is cited as the worst level in the game. It also lacks the PC's multiplayer modes, however this does not matter as the singleplayer game is so fantastic that it makes up for it. Plus the mission where you enter the alien spaceship is perhaps one of the greatest levels in gaming ever, a must buy!
  17. Jul 6, 2013
    A fantastic port of the original and it might not have the absolute photo-realistic graphics as on the PC it still looks great and the controls are actually really good also the gunplay is really good and they removed the multiplayer but it is a budget download I got it for 520 MSP with the ultimate game sale but i would happily pay full-price. They also removed the level where you controlled a VTOL which I hated in the PC version.
    The Bad
    There are some frustrating deaths
    The level Core might look amazing but it is a horrible level.
  18. Apr 10, 2013
    good:
    -graphics
    -story
    -gameplay
    -gameplay
    -gameplay
    -gameplay
  19. Oct 6, 2011

1. Jan 5, 2012
    So PC fans, don't panic – even though I personally believe Crysis for console is better than the PC version, it's not meant to totally replace the PC version. Rather, its purpose is to give the original Crysis experience to the masses, and honestly, why wouldn't PC gamers want that?
  2. As a single-player experience, it's every bit the quality of a full-priced shooter. [Christmas 2011, p.97]
  3. Nov 20, 2011
    It's aged very well and is a great addition to console. Shame about multiplayer, though. [Christmas 2011, p.92]