Dance Dance Revolution Universe Xbox 360

• Release Date: Feb 27, 2007
8.0

1. MichaelC.
    Apr 12, 2007
    At first I was completly agrrivated with this game, sure I had the basic game mode, but that was it, I felt as a noob to the series I had no place in this game. The quest mode was amazingly confusing and the package offered absolutly no instructions on this gametype, but it's not impossible to figure out, and once you do, its quite a fun and original game mode. The tracks are At first I was completly agrrivated with this game, sure I had the basic game mode, but that was it, I felt as a noob to the series I had no place in this game. The quest mode was amazingly confusing and the package offered absolutly no instructions on this gametype, but it's not impossible to figure out, and once you do, its quite a fun and original game mode. The tracks are awesome, theres no other words for them, Grandolin, Castlevania, Young Man Blues and Drivin' are the standouts for me, you also can't go wrong with big names such as Chris Brown, Depeche Mode, Steppenwolfe and New Order, the soundtrack is the greatest part about this game. The challenge mode is more designed for the expierenced players, because after the first fews levels things get crazy. If you can afford another mat, this is a great multi-player game as well. There is also a good deal of downloable content. This is not neccisarily a "Must Buy" but if your a fan of the series, or you have been interested in the game, this is a great edition to get started on. Expand
  2. Mr.Review
    Mar 6, 2007
    I suggest you take this little critiquing as simply a revising of a game you either hate or love. I could praise the game for hours, but if you're not a fan of the genre or the DDR series, you will avoid this game. If you are, you have set in your mind the purchase of this game. With that said, i do not expect my review to sway anyone. But for those willing to undergo the purchase of I suggest you take this little critiquing as simply a revising of a game you either hate or love. I could praise the game for hours, but if you're not a fan of the genre or the DDR series, you will avoid this game. If you are, you have set in your mind the purchase of this game. With that said, i do not expect my review to sway anyone. But for those willing to undergo the purchase of Dance Dance Revolution: Universe, for the Xbox 360, you will find an arsenal of additions and fascinations for what currently seems to be months. If you do not already know, a slew of downloadable content will be available in the near future and beyond, which is nothing short of an embracement. The online features are fun for a few rounds, and will add longevity when you have already worn out showing yourself how skillful you may be. The game itself is self-explanatory and is fun if your good, slightly less fun if your not. DDR is a series that will be around for years due to a dedicated fanbase, and reviewing this game has put me in an uncomfortable situation. The visuals are bland but often flashy when need be. The options are loaded, diversing from random challenges to a quest mode (lackluster at best). But I run into the problem, where the gameplay makes the game what it is. And all this extra content is indeed welcoming and desirable, but in the end it does not matter. Dance Dance Revolution is what it is, and will not disappoint with expectations of the same tasteful colorful sweetness. Expand
  3. DaveC
    May 6, 2007
    This is just an incredible game to play man. I get all the local guys from the corner of my street and we just go nuts...breakdancing you name it...Hammertime!
  4. Dec 2, 2011
    What's High Score mean? Huh? Is that bad? Did I break it? Seriously guys, what's High Score mean? What does "high score" mean? New high score, is that bad? What does that mean? Did I break it?

1. It's unusual and unfortunate that the inaugural DDR on the 360 fails to implement the coolest thing that's happened in dance games recently – inputting and grooving to your own tracks.
  2. A large tracklist, future downloadables and other online features make Universe a must-own for DDR fans with a 360. For newcomers to the series, Universe offers a very friendly learning environment.
    While we would have hoped for better multiplayer support and the ability to add your own tunes, DDR Universe is about as complete a dance game as you can make with a ton of upcoming downloadable content and a variety of modes including online play.