Dark Messiah of Might and Magic: Elements Xbox 360

• Release Date: Feb 12, 2008
  • Also On: PC
7.0

1. Sep 17, 2016
    This games rating to me is clearly a 6 however please dont let that score turn you off just read the reviews here because this game is actually worth a look as a very entertaining game. This game clearly has problems but for every problem it has there is a solution and the game is drastically fun if you go into the game knowing how to deal with the software before it deals with you. ThisThis games rating to me is clearly a 6 however please dont let that score turn you off just read the reviews here because this game is actually worth a look as a very entertaining game. This game clearly has problems but for every problem it has there is a solution and the game is drastically fun if you go into the game knowing how to deal with the software before it deals with you. This game is a very fun cheesy game. It allows you to play it according to your tastes and this is where it excels. Is it high quality? Well no. Is it fun? Absolutely. Im going to address each downfall and the solution. Platforming. Ok, not sure why this game has platforming but it has some and the jump action sucks hard to be honest. However its not a rediculous amount and the upside is there are multiple paths to take so its not too big a deal. Just take a different path. Saving. Necessary and annoying but not a full on problem. If you die you lose your stuff since last checkpoint and have to repeat getting it back by trying to remember which part of the chapter you found it in. Thankfully the game has lots of save slots so be proactive to avoid this annoyance. I didn't come across many glitches but read other reviews there are some. Save often. Gameplay AI. Well, most of the game enemies are cheesy idiots with terrible combat however there are some really good effects and spells. The game was designed to allow you to plan traps and not be overwhelmed by speed. In turn bad AI gives plenty of time to set up planned traps and such forth. There is enough challenge its just not off the charts This is the draw of the game in my opinion. Being able to plan a funny demise to the enemies. You can kick them into spikewalls. you can set paths of exploding traps, you have pretty decent spells and a huge variety of weapons to play around with. This choice and freedom is where this game shines. Its not serious battle but it is wtf cheesy and uniquely fun. The same kind of draw as deadrising in a way I guess. What else. Well I really liked the chapter designs. Each was a small piece of the game if you want you just follow the linear path and complete the chapter or if you want to explore and take your time there was a lot of secret areas to get into and find neat stuff. I found the game entertaining and relaxing. As much as this game is low quality it really did draw me in and make me want to play it just because there was so much choice available. As a gamer this was a fun game. Its too bad it was so cheesy and low end but all things considered I actually do want to own this game for another playthrough. This game wont wow anyone but it definitely deserves a break as it is entertaining. I would recommend playing the game for a bit always saving here and there then put the game down for a few days to a week and carry on. The game does have too many annoyances for a straight playthrough. This is really its only problem in my opinion. Its not fully broken. Expand
  2. Nov 21, 2013
    This game is lots of fun. It feels more like a first person shooter then a RPG and that might be a good thing. The rope arrow is my favorite part of the game and I don't know if it exists in any other games. This alone makes this a unique gaming experience and the fact the game is super cheap to buy now makes it worth playing. I think it looks pretty good and has some fun puzzles andThis game is lots of fun. It feels more like a first person shooter then a RPG and that might be a good thing. The rope arrow is my favorite part of the game and I don't know if it exists in any other games. This alone makes this a unique gaming experience and the fact the game is super cheap to buy now makes it worth playing. I think it looks pretty good and has some fun puzzles and varied environments. I highly recommend this game. Expand
  3. Oct 10, 2012
    Dark Messiah of Might and Magic: Elements, is a funny game, have a good details, obviously is not better than the PC Version, have some mistakes, and some parts are strange. The game is funny, have a good gameplay and have pretty graphics. No more.
  4. Jul 15, 2012
    While I remember this gaming being nothing more than garbage, you can actually see a few good sides to it. Don't get me wrong, it's combat consists of nothing of kicking enemies into spiked walls and the sea, or slashing down chandeliers, but it's still there. One thing I don't like is that the melee combat can be VERY irresponsive and highly delayed for a game made in 2008. But some ofWhile I remember this gaming being nothing more than garbage, you can actually see a few good sides to it. Don't get me wrong, it's combat consists of nothing of kicking enemies into spiked walls and the sea, or slashing down chandeliers, but it's still there. One thing I don't like is that the melee combat can be VERY irresponsive and highly delayed for a game made in 2008. But some of the gameplay is good, there's a great story and some nice action sequences.

Unfortunately some will be put off by its heavily outdated graphics and they won't age well, that's for sure. Character models look clunkier and environments less attractive than a game on the Playstation 1! But there are some good level designs and some nice songs throughout. I'd recommend the game for under £10, no more than $15.
  5. Nov 1, 2011
    I originally played this on PC, being a fan of Might & Magic 6,7,8 & 9. Note , this is NOTHING like the original turn based RPGs. This is a first person action/rpgs using the same engine as Half Life 2. Come into this game expecting any similarities to the titles above and you will be sorely dissapointed.

Come into this game with an open mind however, and there is a long and interesting campaign to be played here on the Xbox. Having literally just sat through my second run through on xbox 360 ( completed it at 19.18 hours 1st November 2011 ), I thought I would bring this game up to date with a more recent review.

On Xbox you are confined to one of four character types, Warrior, Mage, Hunter, Rogue ( I play a lot of WoW so whilst this may not be their exact titles, this is what the classes are ). This time I played through as a warrior.

As I should've realised, warriors are a pretty dull class to play. This didn't stop me enjoying this detailed and visually attractive action/rpg lite on the xbox 360, but it made me wish for ranged weaponry for most of the playthrough. Note to self, never play a role that has no ranged abilities.

Good fun, approx 20 hour campaign and plenty to explore, especially once you get access to the rope firing bow, that lets you scale otherwise unreachable places. Overall, this plays like a quality FPS or hack n slash with some RPG lite elements thrown in. Very enjoyable, in that 20 hour play thru it crashed/locked up on me twice. Just save regularly and there's no issue. The multiplayer is now non-existent due to the age of the game, and you can probably pick it up for a very low price and it is seriously worth your time if you like fantasy game scenarios.

The PC version is vastly superior, with detailed character design decisions made by the player, allowing you to make hybrid classes, whereas this version on xbox 360, is a straight line for the one class you choose. The PC version is also on Steam , with all the advantages Steam and it being a PC game brings to the table. But the xbox 360 version is great fun as well. Go for it. It's a big game with good acting.
  6. Oct 15, 2011
    Very fun game, The Combat is very immersive and diverse and fun to pull off, currently ive been playing the game as a warrior and it is pretty fun. Im kind of disappointing about the class system though such as assassins can only use knives, that's dumb, why can i be an assassin and use a bow as well? Or like Mages can only use stave's and cant use swords. It dumbs down your class to anVery fun game, The Combat is very immersive and diverse and fun to pull off, currently ive been playing the game as a warrior and it is pretty fun. Im kind of disappointing about the class system though such as assassins can only use knives, that's dumb, why can i be an assassin and use a bow as well? Or like Mages can only use stave's and cant use swords. It dumbs down your class to an unnecessary level. The voice acting is ok for the most part, sometimes it feels too scripted but its not too noticeable. Also the lady that speaks to you while your on your journey is VERY annoying and i wish she was removed or i could mute her because it is really damn aggravating. But i also loved that you spend a lot of time exploring and looking for potions, armor, weapons, and other forms of loot. There is a lot of cool puzzles and exploration to be done to find better armor and such witch makes the game feel more adventurous and exiting. If you like adventure action RPGS you will most likely enjoy this great game. Expand
  7. MarkS
    Jul 12, 2008
    I have played through the PC version prior to this and have only played this games single player mode. I dont know what the professional reviewers problem is with this game. Possibly Arkane did not line their pockets like EA, Ubisoft or Eidos would. This is an above average shooter. If you are expectiing Oblivion, you will be disappointed, however if you are looking for a medieval/fantasy I have played through the PC version prior to this and have only played this games single player mode. I dont know what the professional reviewers problem is with this game. Possibly Arkane did not line their pockets like EA, Ubisoft or Eidos would. This is an above average shooter. If you are expectiing Oblivion, you will be disappointed, however if you are looking for a medieval/fantasy FPS with some RPG elements this is a great choice. The game uses Half Life 2's Source engine w/ HDR effects. It looks pretty good on the 360 but not near as good on the PC. The voice acting of one of the main characters is downright terrible but I cant say that has a huge impact on gameplay. If you like mainstream FPS games, get this and you will enjoy. I typically own and play only shooters rated 7.5 and higher on here/IGN but I can honestly say this should be rated MUCH higher. Expand
  8. DoberwomanH.
    Mar 4, 2008
    the fighting system in this is pretty basic, but it's really fun. kind of old school. straight up mash 'em up slashing, fire and iceball shooting - ya know. M/M stuff. highly recommend it!
  9. RayC.
    Mar 4, 2008
    Pretty impressive! Reviewers are bashing it but their standards are too high. If you're like me and you're not into the kinds of games that take you 5 years to master, it's awesome. Short and sweet, REALLY nice graphics, REALLY nice story to back it up. 8/10!
  10. PuyaE.
    Mar 3, 2008
    the musical composition for this game is pretty good. that's what drew me in originally.. and the graphics. the overall aesthetics are riveting to be honest, which makes up for the slightly awkward gameplay. 8/10.
  11. RickG.
    Mar 3, 2008
    the reviews for this title weren't so hot, but i'm about a millimeter away from believing there's a conspiracy of reviewers to make most of ubisoft's games look bad. but that's another story altogether... DM Elements is not a bad game - obviously not as in depth as its predecessor, but whoever claims that it was meant to be doesn't understand the game.
  12. WillA
    Mar 2, 2008
    my favorite thing about might and magic games are always the classic fantasy monster elements. this one has them all: orcs, trolls, zombies, skeletons, giant spiders, weird... winged... fuckers... and my next favorite thing is smashing the bejesus out of all of them. GREAT GAME.
  13. TankH.
    Feb 27, 2008
    I feel like a god when I
  14. EdM.
    Feb 27, 2008
    Fight to the death! This is a real good game to get yer kill on with. Makes me feel like a combo between Lobo, Roachmill and Martial Law if they all existed in the middle ages. Any of you old school comic book readers will know that this means the game is FRAGGIN GREAT!
  15. JackJ.
    Feb 26, 2008
    This game is awful, it is an abomination of the pc version. The game is changed to the point where it should not be called the same thing, the levels and story are twisted and distorted from the pc version, which wasnt exactly a masterpiece, but was still clearly better than this trash.
  16. BillK.
    Feb 26, 2008
    There's some good extra content for the 360 version. I played the PC version and really liked ii a lot. I intended to pay through it again but never got around to it. So when this came out on the 360 I picked it up so that I could enjoy the extra content during my second play through. The stuff I did the first time were just as much fun the second time around (using different weapons There's some good extra content for the 360 version. I played the PC version and really liked ii a lot. I intended to pay through it again but never got around to it. So when this came out on the 360 I picked it up so that I could enjoy the extra content during my second play through. The stuff I did the first time were just as much fun the second time around (using different weapons and strategies changed the experience quite a bit) and the new 360 content is rad! Excellent version. Expand
  17. JillD.
    Feb 22, 2008
    This is some serious fun. Don
  18. AmonS.
    Feb 22, 2008
    This is a treat. My computer is fairly old and not up to the system heavy requirements of most of today
  19. Oct 10, 2012

1. Pelit (Finland)
    A well-polished remake of the excellent action RPG from PC. It is only due to the far too simplified and illogical character class system that the new version falls slightly behind the original. [Jan 2008]
  2. Games Master UK
    Just the combat would have been dumb fun. Sadly, too much clag gets in the way. [Feb 2008, p.58]
  3. Official Xbox Magazine UK
    It's just a bit shallow, and technically flawed with it: the frame-rate is nowhere near as solid as you'd expect from a game that looks only "all right" and the physics system is prone to craziness. Despite all the time in development, it lacks polish. [Feb 2008, p.96]