• Publisher: Ubisoft
  • Release Date: Feb 12, 2008
  • Also On: PC
7.3

1. Oct 15, 2011
    Very fun game, The Combat is very immersive and diverse and fun to pull off, currently ive been playing the game as a warrior and it is pretty fun. Im kind of disappointing about the class system though such as assassins can only use knives, that's dumb, why can i be an assassin and use a bow as well? Or like Mages can only use stave's and cant use swords. It dumbs down your class to an unnecessary level. The voice acting is ok for the most part, sometimes it feels too scripted but its not too noticeable. Also the lady that speaks to you while your on your journey is VERY annoying and i wish she was removed or i could mute her because it is really damn aggravating. But i also loved that you spend a lot of time exploring and looking for potions, armor, weapons, and other forms of loot. There is a lot of cool puzzles and exploration to be done to find better armor and such witch makes the game feel more adventurous and exiting. If you like adventure action RPGS you will most likely enjoy this great game. Expand
  2. Nov 1, 2011
    I originally played this on PC, being a fan of Might & Magic 6,7,8 & 9. Note , this is NOTHING like the original turn based RPGs. This is a first person action/rpgs using the same engine as Half Life 2. Come into this game expecting any similarities to the titles above and you will be sorely dissapointed.

Come into this game with an open mind however, and there is a long and interesting
    campaign to be played here on the Xbox. Having literally just sat through my second run through on xbox 360 ( completed it at 19.18 hours 1st November 2011 ), I thought I would bring this game up to date with a more recent review.

On Xbox you are confined to one of four character types, Warrior, Mage, Hunter, Rogue ( I play a lot of WoW so whilst this may not be their exact titles, this is what the classes are ). This time I played through as a warrior.

As I should've realised, warriors are a pretty dull class to play. This didn't stop me enjoying this detailed and visually attractive action/rpg lite on the xbox 360, but it made me wish for ranged weaponry for most of the playthrough. Note to self, never play a role that has no ranged abilities.

Good fun, approx 20 hour campaign and plenty to explore, especially once you get access to the rope firing bow, that lets you scale otherwise unreachable places. Overall, this plays like a quality FPS or hack n slash with some RPG lite elements thrown in. Very enjoyable, in that 20 hour play thru it crashed/locked up on me twice. Just save regularly and there's no issue. The multiplayer is now non-existent due to the age of the game, and you can probably pick it up for a very low price and it is seriously worth your time if you like fantasy game scenarios.

The PC version is vastly superior, with detailed character design decisions made by the player, allowing you to make hybrid classes, whereas this version on xbox 360, is a straight line for the one class you choose. The PC version is also on Steam , with all the advantages Steam and it being a PC game brings to the table. But the xbox 360 version is great fun as well. Go for it. It's a big game with good acting.
  3. Nov 21, 2013
    This game is lots of fun. It feels more like a first person shooter then a RPG and that might be a good thing. The rope arrow is my favorite part of the game and I don't know if it exists in any other games. This alone makes this a unique gaming experience and the fact the game is super cheap to buy now makes it worth playing. I think it looks pretty good and has some fun puzzles and varied environments. I highly recommend this game. Collapse
  4. Oct 10, 2012
    Dark Messiah of Might and Magic: Elements, is a funny game, have a good details, obviously is not better than the PC Version, have some mistakes, and some parts are strange. The game is funny, have a good gameplay and have pretty graphics. No more.
  5. Jul 15, 2012
    While I remember this gaming being nothing more than garbage, you can actually see a few good sides to it. Don't get me wrong, it's combat consists of nothing of kicking enemies into spiked walls and the sea, or slashing down chandeliers, but it's still there. One thing I don't like is that the melee combat can be VERY irresponsive and highly delayed for a game made in 2008. But some of the gameplay is good, there's a great story and some nice action sequences.

Unfortunately some will be put off by its heavily outdated graphics and they won't age well, that's for sure. Character models look clunkier and environments less attractive than a game on the Playstation 1! But there are some good level designs and some nice songs throughout. I'd recommend the game for under £10, no more than $15.
  6. Nov 21, 2013

1. A well-polished remake of the excellent action RPG from PC. It is only due to the far too simplified and illogical character class system that the new version falls slightly behind the original. [Jan 2008]
  2. Just the combat would have been dumb fun. Sadly, too much clag gets in the way. [Feb 2008, p.58]
  3. It's just a bit shallow, and technically flawed with it: the frame-rate is nowhere near as solid as you'd expect from a game that looks only "all right" and the physics system is prone to craziness. Despite all the time in development, it lacks polish. [Feb 2008, p.96]