Dark Void Xbox 360

6.0

1. JorgW.
    Jan 27, 2010
    This game has taken a beating in critic's reviews; a bunch of little problems can add up to be sure but the game has been judged against some incredibly tough standards like AC II and Uncharted II. When you get down to it, the jetpack is fun...lots of fun. The ground levels are dull but get fun once you realize that cover is not always the best, or most satisfying, way to fight. This game has taken a beating in critic's reviews; a bunch of little problems can add up to be sure but the game has been judged against some incredibly tough standards like AC II and Uncharted II. When you get down to it, the jetpack is fun...lots of fun. The ground levels are dull but get fun once you realize that cover is not always the best, or most satisfying, way to fight. Baseline: It has problems, it's fun. Rent it. Expand
  2. FullFrontal
    Jan 20, 2010
    I have only played about half way through... but the game is fun. Took me a bit to get used to the controls but after that it was awesome. Straffing guys witht he rocket pack is bad a. Also trying to fly around insdie is hard, but super fun. Wish it had muliplayer.
  3. ValerieB
    Jan 20, 2010
    Best sci-fi game that I have played in a while. Hi-jacking the UFO feels and looks awesome. I am buying a copy for my friends and would recommend it to anyone! Best money spent in a while!!!
  4. Aug 20, 2012
    Wow this game got robbed in reviews. I was really hesitant about getting this game because of the rating. I gotta tell I was pleasantly surprised. It has GOW third person cover system and familiar sounds. Spec Ops voice actor, and its combat is three dimensional. It has flying too. Sure its not a perfect game but what is.
  5. AlVoid
    Jan 20, 2010
    Was super excited about this one, turns out I should'nt have been. TO say this game is BAD is an understatment. Perhaps the worst game I've ever played...really it's that bad. If you buy this game then let me just say you are the biggest IDIOT ever!
  6. DwayneJ
    Jan 20, 2010
    I was really excited for this game...even pre-ordered it. Well I played it for about 3 hours. I cried...the flying mechanic is terrible, the story is crap, and really it had all this "potential"...but yeah don't pick this up. Even if your best friend is trying to sell you this game and you are just now reading the reviews on this site don't buy it. Unless if he's I was really excited for this game...even pre-ordered it. Well I played it for about 3 hours. I cried...the flying mechanic is terrible, the story is crap, and really it had all this "potential"...but yeah don't pick this up. Even if your best friend is trying to sell you this game and you are just now reading the reviews on this site don't buy it. Unless if he's sellin' it you for like a dollar then go ahead. But say NO!!! An then slap him for making such a terrible offer!!! Expand
  7. Sep 26, 2012
    Boring game. Very generic.
  8. Montag
    Jan 19, 2010
    Not bad as such, just painfully generic. Everything about it is almost good. I think the problem is that a jet pack is really just flying so if you aren't a fan of flight sims then no matter how cool a real jet pack would be, this ain't it
  9. CodyK.
    Jan 26, 2010
    Short game, but very interesting take on a combination between flight sim and third person shooter. Gets a little frustrating, as I was not used to paying as much attention to height, and this game requires that you do. Snipers with Jet Packs are very annoying.
  10. RonR.
    Jan 31, 2010
    i thought it was actually well done. nolan north voice acting is awesome. only problem is the frame rate issues. other than that. once u get use to the controls. its great!
  11. May 18, 2011
    While it may be a bargain bin game it's still a lot of fun, and the story behind it all is really unique, perfect for fans of cheesy Sci-Fi movies, it reminds me a lot of the movie Avatar because of the environment, the main part of this game is the flying which takes some getting used too, do to touchy controls, but eventually you'll get the hang of it, but never really feels as smooth asWhile it may be a bargain bin game it's still a lot of fun, and the story behind it all is really unique, perfect for fans of cheesy Sci-Fi movies, it reminds me a lot of the movie Avatar because of the environment, the main part of this game is the flying which takes some getting used too, do to touchy controls, but eventually you'll get the hang of it, but never really feels as smooth as it should, same goes for the combat while flying, ground combat however is your basic 3rd person shooter, all in all it's very fun at times but start of slow, but if your looking for something new, and are a huge fan of cheesy Sci-Fi movie you'll love this, but I would recommend a rental first. Expand
  12. Oct 21, 2011
    This has got to be the most underrated game i've ever played. I could talk about it all day. I found the setting both creative and gripping, but the center piece here, is the Jetpack. Not only does it enable your character to transition seemlessly from fire fight to dog fight with out a single loading screen, it introduces, "Vertical Cover". You won't just be pushing forward to yourThis has got to be the most underrated game i've ever played. I could talk about it all day. I found the setting both creative and gripping, but the center piece here, is the Jetpack. Not only does it enable your character to transition seemlessly from fire fight to dog fight with out a single loading screen, it introduces, "Vertical Cover". You won't just be pushing forward to your objective. Sometimes you wil be travelling down a rock face, gazing over a ledge to shoot the hiding enemies below, or even more mind bending, shooting your way upwards, only for your enemies to come falling towards you. It's an innovative twist the makes the shooting a real joy. The dog fighting sections can sometimes be frustrating, and some blobby textures can occasionally muddy the visual experience, but this is NOT a game to be missed! Expand
  13. Apr 13, 2015
    [Retracted original review] It's a decent 3rd person shooter, and added to the usual UE3 cover system by adding in vertical cover. The dialogue wasn't great but it was a laugh anyway.
  14. Jan 4, 2012
    This game gets a much harder time than it deserves. Sure, it's not perfect and it's not pushing any boundaries or innovating new gameplay mechanics but it is DAMN FUN. I enjoyed playing this game more than a lot of the glossy triple-A games that have been released.

Bottom line: If you're looking for a fun game where you get to fly around like The Rocketeer and shoot at bad guys then give this a try. If, on the other hand, you only like polished, big budget games then this one isn't for you.
  15. Mar 12, 2012
    Deception, this title is a biggest deception for me, I wait much this capcom title, but is regular, the controls are terrible, the story good, the graphics incredible, the music okay, but is one of most titles.
  16. Jul 5, 2012
    Bought this game for $5 and I couldn't be happier. While the story, graphics, A.I and controls are sub par. The joy of flying, and the amazing soundtrack make up for this game. It may not be the prettiest game out there but this game is simply fun. Shooting the Watchers makes for a good time and you could do worse for how cheap this game is. I completely recommend trying this game if notBought this game for $5 and I couldn't be happier. While the story, graphics, A.I and controls are sub par. The joy of flying, and the amazing soundtrack make up for this game. It may not be the prettiest game out there but this game is simply fun. Shooting the Watchers makes for a good time and you could do worse for how cheap this game is. I completely recommend trying this game if not only for the soundtrack. McCreary is the composer for this game's outstanding music score and he also did Battlestar Galatica, so you know it is great. Expand

It's just a damn shame that the nigh-amazing "The Rocketeer versus UFOs" premise crashes hard into "tepid Gears of Uncharted knock-off" ground.
  2. Dark Void’s single real achievement is the way it blends in-the-air and on-the-ground action without creating a horrible accident of compromise. While the game can be a lot of fun on a mechanical level, it’s not quite different enough to feel like a brand new experience, and there are enough minor-yet-noticeable problems that make it harder to appreciate the overall package.
  3. Dark Void can be summed up in just six words: so much potential, so much disappointment.