Dark Void Xbox 360

6.0

1. JorgW.
    Jan 27, 2010
    This game has taken a beating in critic's reviews; a bunch of little problems can add up to be sure but the game has been judged against some incredibly tough standards like AC II and Uncharted II. When you get down to it, the jetpack is fun...lots of fun. The ground levels are dull but get fun once you realize that cover is not always the best, or most satisfying, way to fight. This game has taken a beating in critic's reviews; a bunch of little problems can add up to be sure but the game has been judged against some incredibly tough standards like AC II and Uncharted II. When you get down to it, the jetpack is fun...lots of fun. The ground levels are dull but get fun once you realize that cover is not always the best, or most satisfying, way to fight. Baseline: It has problems, it's fun. Rent it. Expand
  2. FullFrontal
    Jan 20, 2010
    I have only played about half way through... but the game is fun. Took me a bit to get used to the controls but after that it was awesome. Straffing guys witht he rocket pack is bad a. Also trying to fly around insdie is hard, but super fun. Wish it had muliplayer.
  3. ValerieB
    Jan 20, 2010
    Best sci-fi game that I have played in a while. Hi-jacking the UFO feels and looks awesome. I am buying a copy for my friends and would recommend it to anyone! Best money spent in a while!!!
  4. Aug 20, 2012
    Wow this game got robbed in reviews. I was really hesitant about getting this game because of the rating. I gotta tell I was pleasantly surprised. It has GOW third person cover system and familiar sounds. Spec Ops voice actor, and its combat is three dimensional. It has flying too. Sure its not a perfect game but what is.
  5. CodyK.
    Jan 26, 2010
    Short game, but very interesting take on a combination between flight sim and third person shooter. Gets a little frustrating, as I was not used to paying as much attention to height, and this game requires that you do. Snipers with Jet Packs are very annoying.
  6. RonR.
    Jan 31, 2010
    i thought it was actually well done. nolan north voice acting is awesome. only problem is the frame rate issues. other than that. once u get use to the controls. its great!
  7. Oct 21, 2011
    This has got to be the most underrated game i've ever played. I could talk about it all day. I found the setting both creative and gripping, but the center piece here, is the Jetpack. Not only does it enable your character to transition seemlessly from fire fight to dog fight with out a single loading screen, it introduces, "Vertical Cover". You won't just be pushing forward to yourThis has got to be the most underrated game i've ever played. I could talk about it all day. I found the setting both creative and gripping, but the center piece here, is the Jetpack. Not only does it enable your character to transition seemlessly from fire fight to dog fight with out a single loading screen, it introduces, "Vertical Cover". You won't just be pushing forward to your objective. Sometimes you wil be travelling down a rock face, gazing over a ledge to shoot the hiding enemies below, or even more mind bending, shooting your way upwards, only for your enemies to come falling towards you. It's an innovative twist the makes the shooting a real joy. The dog fighting sections can sometimes be frustrating, and some blobby textures can occasionally muddy the visual experience, but this is NOT a game to be missed! Expand
  8. Apr 13, 2015
    [Retracted original review] It's a decent 3rd person shooter, and added to the usual UE3 cover system by adding in vertical cover. The dialogue wasn't great but it was a laugh anyway.
  9. Jan 4, 2012
    This game gets a much harder time than it deserves. Sure, it's not perfect and it's not pushing any boundaries or innovating new gameplay mechanics but it is DAMN FUN. I enjoyed playing this game more than a lot of the glossy triple-A games that have been released.

Bottom line: If you're looking for a fun game where you get to fly around like The Rocketeer and shoot at bad guys then give this a try. If, on the other hand, you only like polished, big budget games then this one isn't for you.

It's just a damn shame that the nigh-amazing "The Rocketeer versus UFOs" premise crashes hard into "tepid Gears of Uncharted knock-off" ground.
  2. Dark Void’s single real achievement is the way it blends in-the-air and on-the-ground action without creating a horrible accident of compromise. While the game can be a lot of fun on a mechanical level, it’s not quite different enough to feel like a brand new experience, and there are enough minor-yet-noticeable problems that make it harder to appreciate the overall package.
  3. Dark Void can be summed up in just six words: so much potential, so much disappointment.