Darkest of Days Xbox 360

4.8

1. anonymous
    Oct 7, 2009
    I thought the game was really good. Yes the graphics aren't the best but I still hope they make another game.
  2. OlafK
    Dec 5, 2009
    Dissappointed in these low reviews Scores. Its like orginality doesn`t count anymore and the gaming Industry just need needs to give us Copys of the same overdone Concepts of old games to make a buke. I for one enjoyed Darkest of Days. A small Developer set out with a new fresh Concept, Homebuild Engine to deliever Entertainment and that it did, yes it does have some flaws but honestly Dissappointed in these low reviews Scores. Its like orginality doesn`t count anymore and the gaming Industry just need needs to give us Copys of the same overdone Concepts of old games to make a buke. I for one enjoyed Darkest of Days. A small Developer set out with a new fresh Concept, Homebuild Engine to deliever Entertainment and that it did, yes it does have some flaws but honestly every game nowaday has them. so I am given this a 8 because the engine may not look Mega Good but the graphic works for the setting, it uses lierally hundreds of units that act on screen, and i really enjoyed the small details like the the good use of the physX engine like the fog and weapon detail effects. Expand
  3. Apr 26, 2012
    I found this game to be quite enjoyable, the AI is crap of course and there isn't as many time periods i would like and the graphics are more of an early 360 game like Gun. All in all however i found it to be fun with an entertaining storyline and fun gameplay. My favorite battles were in the Civil War missions and the last mission. there really isn't another shooter anywhere where you canI found this game to be quite enjoyable, the AI is crap of course and there isn't as many time periods i would like and the graphics are more of an early 360 game like Gun. All in all however i found it to be fun with an entertaining storyline and fun gameplay. My favorite battles were in the Civil War missions and the last mission. there really isn't another shooter anywhere where you can blast a Roman legionnare in the face with a shotgun. In conclusion at least rent this game or borrow it to see if you like it or wait until the price drops and if you do buy it because i want another one of these games to come out. If you are one of those people who just have to have good graphics you are not going to like it, but to me it was a breath of fresh air from all the CODs out there. Expand
  4. Jul 30, 2014
    I really liked this game and don't understand why it is getting such harsh reviews. I liked the ideas and the locations were interesting and somewhat educational. The WW2 section had some chilling moments and overall the game is fun and challenging. I congratulate the efforts of the developers and I am glad I ignored the reviews and played a game that interested me and delivered a veryI really liked this game and don't understand why it is getting such harsh reviews. I liked the ideas and the locations were interesting and somewhat educational. The WW2 section had some chilling moments and overall the game is fun and challenging. I congratulate the efforts of the developers and I am glad I ignored the reviews and played a game that interested me and delivered a very enjoyable and unique gaming experience. Well done team, make some more. Expand
  5. BillW
    Sep 14, 2009
    This game was actually pretty entertaining. Yes, it has its glitches and whatnot, but as far as story it was a bit of fresh air. Yes, the main character was a typical FPS main character that never reacted to anything around him or said anything, but to be honest Darkest of Days was still fun to me. I mean it was the company's first title anyway, it's not going to be the perfect This game was actually pretty entertaining. Yes, it has its glitches and whatnot, but as far as story it was a bit of fresh air. Yes, the main character was a typical FPS main character that never reacted to anything around him or said anything, but to be honest Darkest of Days was still fun to me. I mean it was the company's first title anyway, it's not going to be the perfect game, or game of the year. It was worth playing though. Expand
  6. JulieH
    Sep 9, 2009
    I thought this game was amazing! The storyline, plot, weapons...everything was great! No other game has immersed me so much. I didn't even notice any issues with graphics or AI as I played, I was having too much fun I guess. 10/10!
  7. JoeShmoe
    Oct 24, 2009
    this game has the best storyline ever
  8. connors
    Sep 10, 2009
    This game is great, critics are just giving this a bad review because either its from a developer not heard of or because nowadays, critics compare games to top titles like COD 4 or gears of war. there is no game out like this, obviously it wont compare to cod 4 but its still fun. this game is different and unique and it is worth trying out.
  9. DavidS
    Oct 26, 2009
    One of the best games I have played since Fallout 3 and Fable 2 last year. Very similar in style to Bioshock but the quality throughout the game is faultless. The only reason I haven't given it a full 10 marks is the lack of multiplayer action.

1. Those technicalities take a pretty good game and drag it down into the realm of mediocrity. Still, automatic weapons during a Civil War battle…it’s hard to pass that up.
  2. Gun-crazed gamers just looking for another run-and-shoot romp will find the plodding pace and home-spun presentation distasteful, but Darkest of Days offers everyone else enough fresh and rewarding gameplay to offset its worst problems.
  3. Darkest of Days provides a unique and overall well put together single player campaign. Any fan of action games or time travel mechanics should give this one a serious look.