7.7

1. Feb 23, 2011
    Awesome game so much fun, so beautiful, so original!
    The music is amazing and the world is so fun to explore, the most fun you oculd ever had pressing buttons :)
  2. Feb 27, 2011
    This game is got to be the best 3rd party platformer ever made on the 360. Great controls, visuals, game play this game doesn't fall short game play wise. It even has a fantastic multiplayer mode. The only blight on this game is some slight repetitive feelings otherwise it's great.
  3. Feb 27, 2011
    A gorgeous platformer with some groovin' tunes. Easy and natural controls (no shake to jump!) unique and fun levels, knowing that you are transforming the world by far is the most appealing. The cutscenes are an absolute riot! Also looks AMAZING in 3D!
  4. Mar 22, 2011
    This game really shows how a Wii game would look if the hardware weren't so embarrassingly under-powered. Although simple, the graphics are vibrant and well done and overall the game looks great. I've seen both the Wii and Xbox 360 versions of the game (I own the 360 version), and boy what a difference the jump from 480p or 480i to 720p or 1080p makes. Environments and characters areThis game really shows how a Wii game would look if the hardware weren't so embarrassingly under-powered. Although simple, the graphics are vibrant and well done and overall the game looks great. I've seen both the Wii and Xbox 360 versions of the game (I own the 360 version), and boy what a difference the jump from 480p or 480i to 720p or 1080p makes. Environments and characters are simplistic but look great, there is very little aliasing which is a big issue on the Wii version. As for the gameplay, you are a blob that can absorb different colored ink and repaint a world that has been sapped of color or character by the evil Comrade Black. It is simple but by the end some objectives can be quite challenging. This game is a platformer with puzzle-solving involved. There are also some light combat elements but nothing really taxing. There is virtually no story except what I just told you, and those aren't spoilers as they are on the back of the box. Characters don't speak, rather they mumble or squeak or make other humorous noises. While this game clearly looks like it was created for the younger audience it deals with some mature topics but nothing offensive or anything that young children would probably pick up on anyway (stuff like religion and military topics). This game should not be overlooked by hardcore gamers based on looks. de Blob 2 is fun, beautiful and challenging with a lot of replay value. Expand

1. Apr 25, 2011
    I had no real knowledge or expectations going into this review, yet de Blob 2 proved to be one of the more unsuspecting success stories to jumpstart 2011. Kids of all ages will adore the characters and the colorful and moderately challenging gameplay, while parents can rest assured in a family-friendly experience that they won't mind participating in with the fun and non-intrusive co-op mode or even playing themselves once the kids are in bed.
  2. Apr 7, 2011
    Albeit initially bland, the game soon turns into a challenging and charming platform game. The 2D sequences cause nostalgia, and the game as a whole is thoroughly well designed. The few problems – especially the annoying music – are not enough to describe De Blob 2 as anything but a great game.
  3. Apr 6, 2011
    I was surprised by how much fun I had with De Blob 2, considering I had never played the first. It's catchy, easy to pick up, and pleasing enough to the eyes and ears to continue playing for hours at a time. It's not without flaws, however, including some niggling camera complaints and the checkpoint system that gets worse the further you play. Still, while these do affect the end result, it's hard not to recommend the game to someone who enjoys a light, color-filled platformer to spend time on.