7.5

1. Sep 6, 2012
    I want to love this game but I can't because the timer system sucks. There's NO TIME. Literally. There's tons of side missions/people to save but there is no time at all to get to them. You need to do main missions and keep finding antidote to your zombie disease. (without those the game stops) You need to focus on those missions while IGNORING all the incoming calls about victims all overI want to love this game but I can't because the timer system sucks. There's NO TIME. Literally. There's tons of side missions/people to save but there is no time at all to get to them. You need to do main missions and keep finding antidote to your zombie disease. (without those the game stops) You need to focus on those missions while IGNORING all the incoming calls about victims all over the mall needing your help. Sorry guys..No time. I felt like rushing across the mall to get to the other victims and back in time was impossible. The play area is huge! I'd like to be able to explore it properly and solve/save every one. There should be an option of eliminating the time restrictions completely (maybe on easy mode?) It would be nice if there was a finite amount of zombies. You slaughter so many and then re-enter the area and surprise! They're back.. I found the bosses to be very hard too. How many shotgun blasts to the head can Chefs and Show girls take?? I like constructing weapons BUT making blended drinks? That's dumb.

It's also not different enough from the other dead rising games...pretty much the same. I've played all the D.R. games and I WANT to love them - but because of this major flaw - I can't..

1. Nov 27, 2011
    While Dead Rising 2: Off the Record does incorporate changes and additions that improve upon its predecessor, it's hard to overlook the numerous technical issues that weigh it down.
  2. Nov 17, 2011
    Off the Record isn't a terrible game. It's still has the same gameplay systems and wacky combo weapons as the original DR2, flaws and all. It just doesn't need to exist and I struggle to find any reason to recommend it.
  3. Nov 17, 2011
    It's hard to recommend if you've already played Dead Rising 2 as it's fundamentally the same game for the most part. If you haven't though, then definitely pick it up as this is the version to get as there's really no other game like it.