8.6

1. Mar 16, 2011
    Why would you give this game a ten out of ten, i'm sorry but why? I'm not gonna say everyone's fanboys but I cant see your reason. I love DS1, it is ranked way up there in my top ten but what DS1 did was new and scary and actually interesting, it had a fudging story! DS2 is a tedious romp through repetetive areas that get old. The puzzles are awfull i have to say and the enemies are theWhy would you give this game a ten out of ten, i'm sorry but why? I'm not gonna say everyone's fanboys but I cant see your reason. I love DS1, it is ranked way up there in my top ten but what DS1 did was new and scary and actually interesting, it had a fudging story! DS2 is a tedious romp through repetetive areas that get old. The puzzles are awfull i have to say and the enemies are the same, come on at least change a bit, oh look babies thats it really and they get old too after the tenth time it to minutes almost getting killed, i found that i had to put on the hardest difficulty after half an hour. Its not even scary, in DS1 i had to have all the lights on and the curtains open in the day to play it, this... i would give this to my six year old brother. It is an awfull game not worth buying even if you want the online which is even worse as it is just as repetetive and dull, God save anyone who buys it. Expand
  2. Feb 2, 2011
    DeadSpace was the only game i have ever said "that was worth $60 bucks!!! and was to me the best game i ever played! its been a long wait for DeadSpace2 and dose it live up to the first one?
    and i know the answer is going to hit a few buttons but..... not evon kinda sorda... Deadspace2 looks awesome! it's just beautifull! and the sound is great! But the story is boring and the "plot twist" are very predictable or just not not exciting... all leading up to a fail final boss and a boring ending. And when it comes to fear its just not as horrifying as the first one witch was a huge let down :/
    i really wish it was more scary, and had a more interesting story.....
    and if the DeadSpace team is reading this! Please Please Please make the DLC different suits and not just recolored version of the same suits please D:
  3. Mar 18, 2011
    Quite simply not as good as the first story wise, still a good game but could have been much better. Graphics are great but the story left me feeling that it could and should have been better. Problem was it hard act to follow and I loved the first Dead Space.
  4. Feb 3, 2011
    I will explain here with few simple examples why Dead space 2 doesn't meet the high expectations from the first game. DS1 have 2 really big bosses (Leviathan and Hive) - DS2 have nil. (i was expecting at least 3 )
    In DS1 you have 6 bad ass costumes. In DS2 you have 4 crappy outfits. (i was expecting real bad ass-ness here, but throughout the game I was like lol, and why?!)
    In DS1 story
    In DS1 story make sense. In DS2 it doesn't. (DS - alone, trapped in a haunted mining space ship, with only mining tools at your disposal, scary and depressing atmosphere. DS2 - not alone, not trapped = no scary. Only mining tools as weapons in entire space station? - come on. If one man can kill hundreds of necros, imagine what an army could do - just send the space marines, the army, tanks, battle ships ). One Big disappointment on all fronts...

Overall DS2 is nothing more than MEDIOCRE space shooter with doesn't-make-sense crappy story. DS was innovative, scary, thrilling, had a story that makes sense and it deserved a much better continuation. I am sad, very sad...
  5. Mar 9, 2011
    I absolutely loved the first deadspace game. Couldn't get enough of it. I found this one to not be scary or enjoyable. I see I'm in the minority here but I thought the story was stupid the scares were simply creatures spawning out of thin air behind you and the gameplay seemed quite lineur. Maybe I needed to spend for the launch dlcs or something but this was the most disappointed I haveI absolutely loved the first deadspace game. Couldn't get enough of it. I found this one to not be scary or enjoyable. I see I'm in the minority here but I thought the story was stupid the scares were simply creatures spawning out of thin air behind you and the gameplay seemed quite lineur. Maybe I needed to spend for the launch dlcs or something but this was the most disappointed I have ever been by a game I couldn't wait to play Expand
  6. Mar 18, 2011
    Just like the first one, it **** sucks.

The characters are too generic, it's a blatant rip-off of RE4 (Except RE4 was "Good") the combat is boring the monsters aren't scary "Stealth?" There is none, and why does Isaac lug around that Gravity gun? Why can't he just use his arms? Infact you wouldn't even need arms! You could just kick it.

@Visceral Games : Go **** yourself.
  7. Feb 24, 2012
    A game which builds itself around Jump-scares and flickering lights to scare you, has got the horror aspect of the "Survival Horror" genre, totally backwards!
    There is no finesse or creativity behind a single thing in this game!
    People are praising this game to the skies for being: "groundbreaking in the survival horror genre" and being "one of the best games ever" In my opinion, no, this
    There is no finesse or creativity behind a single thing in this game!
    In my opinion, no, this doesn't work.

The story is just crap, total crap, when it's not too predictable, it's just faffing about! It doesn't make sense! The characters aren't likeable, Isaac is the blandest of blandest protagonists in a long long time, the equipment is boring, just carry it over from Dead Space 1, no time spent there, the enemies are so ungodly boring and predictable that it's just painful, the boss battles are just so uninspired that it's laughable, the "plot-twist" is just so annoyingly predictable!
    That's what this game was for me, nothing else but a train-wreck, uninspired, bland and predictable.
    Sorry, but I can't just bring myself to like this, no matter what happens.
  8. Nov 14, 2011
    Although not as bad as Dragon Age 2, Dead Space 2 still falls into the same category of "dross, cash-in sequal". As a big fan of the original Dead Space I was actually rather impressed with this game to start with, certainly there were a few moments where I thought "This is gonna blow me away!", but soon enough the game's flaws started to take over. For one the enemies are far, far cheaperAlthough not as bad as Dragon Age 2, Dead Space 2 still falls into the same category of "dross, cash-in sequal". As a big fan of the original Dead Space I was actually rather impressed with this game to start with, certainly there were a few moments where I thought "This is gonna blow me away!", but soon enough the game's flaws started to take over. For one the enemies are far, far cheaper this time round - no end of hits sustained come from Necro's you can't even see and aren't aware of until you play the set peice through a few times. In fact the whole game has a very poor "trial and error" feel to it which soon gets you into the habit of just rushing into every area full on so you can see what's happening, get killed, and then actually try and get past it - it totally kills any suspense or fear. Secondly the puzzels add absolutely nothing to the game - they really do just slow the pace of the game down and feel labourious. Next the weapons just don't feel as balanced this time round, every one feels ropey and less satisfying than in DS1, and there's an over-reliance on the stasis module. And finally the story is pretty pap, I didn't even realise I was on Chapter 7 until I checked a walkthrough for a tit-bit, I was like "Eh? Halfway through the game and it only feels just like I've completed the tutorial". I honestly don't think that a game could make you care less about it as this ine does. Very poor. Expand
  9. Dec 12, 2011
    Dead Space 1 set a very high bar. All Dead Space 2 managed to do was limbo under it. The plot and concept were fine. DS2 expands on the ground covered by the first game nicely, without going off on any irrelevant tangents like some sequels have been prone to do. The disappointment comes in how the gameplay was implemented, the trial-and-error methods of the deathtraps in particular. TheDead Space 1 set a very high bar. All Dead Space 2 managed to do was limbo under it. The plot and concept were fine. DS2 expands on the ground covered by the first game nicely, without going off on any irrelevant tangents like some sequels have been prone to do. The disappointment comes in how the gameplay was implemented, the trial-and-error methods of the deathtraps in particular. The only way they could have made it more blatant is if they paused the action on occasion to flash the message: "We interrupt your regularly scheduled first person horror survival shooter to bring you this cinematic that plays like Dragon's Lair." Expand
  10. Jul 14, 2012
    I must say i had high hopes for this game. Being knew to the DS series i had decided to take the oldest one i could find on shelves which (unfortunately) was Dead Space 2. While i prefer to always try and start with the first of a series i did some research and found out it is supposedly a great way to start off this series if your new. When i first started this game it seemed okay but theI must say i had high hopes for this game. Being knew to the DS series i had decided to take the oldest one i could find on shelves which (unfortunately) was Dead Space 2. While i prefer to always try and start with the first of a series i did some research and found out it is supposedly a great way to start off this series if your new. When i first started this game it seemed okay but the enemies quickly got old. The jump scares were a bit startling at the beginning but more or less towards the half-way point they mainly were expected. The character of Isaac felt rather generic to me. He seemed to me just a regular horror movie person who is wanted by basically everyone because there is something special about them. The guns were very unique but i feel a major downfall was its multiplayer. While i never had high hopes for a horror genre to go good with multiplayer i at least expected something better than, play a match, try to kill endless waves of necromorphs who usually try to kill you as you spawn, get killed, try again, repeat. It seems as though they just wanted to put in a multiplayer so as people wouldn't complain about there not being one. The enemies are both unique and interesting but towards the end there were barely any new ones and just harder versions of the older version's. Expand

1. May 24, 2011
    The transition between CGI and gameplay delivers a great horror atmosphere. Isaac Clarke's got personality and we are only missing some bigger bossfights.
  2. Mar 24, 2011
    With this sequel, Visceral Games has masterfully expanded on the first Dead Space. They've revved up the series with tougher guns, a bigger setting, and online multiplayer, but kept the spirit and, most importantly, the scares of the original in tact.
  3. Mar 23, 2011
    I was expecting Dead Space 2 to be a great game, but it exceeded my expectations with beautiful, creative environments and a large array of both enemies and weapons with which to kill them.