Dead Space 2 Xbox 360

8.6

1. Jun 28, 2017
    Dead Space 2, while not as good as its previous entry, is still a great game worth playing today. While the horror is no longer there and more action oriented, the game's combat and mechanics improve and are tweaked that overshadows the original and delivers far more thrilling situations. Isaac melees much faster with swings and stomps and his stasis is nerfed from the first game with aDead Space 2, while not as good as its previous entry, is still a great game worth playing today. While the horror is no longer there and more action oriented, the game's combat and mechanics improve and are tweaked that overshadows the original and delivers far more thrilling situations. Isaac melees much faster with swings and stomps and his stasis is nerfed from the first game with a rechargeable batter to prevent overuse that the first game had. Kinesis is hugely improved on with enemies being able to stick to walls and use sharp objects to impale them. It was a great idea and it still works really well compared to most games.

The atmosphere is still great but perhaps not as well designed as the Ishimura (which they also bring in this and still nails it). Don't get me wrong, Titan Sprawl is still a great location with a civilian space metropolis, but the concise and mundane of the ship just sat better for me.

The story is far different than the first, but it has a few issues that start to incorporate the lore and mystery of the game and take it directions that im unsure of. The Church of Unitology is flaunted far more in this than the first and seeing the lore become more of the plot is very odd to me. There is an idea that Isaac is trying to just escape like before, but also it deals with the death of his girlfriend and fighting the insanity that plaques him when he touches the Marker in the first game. The mind games and scenes with Nicole I really like and her boss confrontation is well done considering enemies are around to supply players with ammo that the Leviathan and Hive Mind couldn't.

The new enemies, death scenes, weapons and environmental effects range from good to fantastic.
    While the enemy variety wasn't lacking in the first game, the mix around and new enemies in 2 spice up the formula without being to out of its comfort zone. It makes sense too because it's in a civilian area rather than a scientist one, so the pack being children and stalkers being dogs and animals makes sense and change up tactics. the death scenes, like the elevator ride up fighting tripods under a oxygen tank is outstanding, and the challenge to it is a rare moment of the game being intense and adrenaline based more than any other time in the series for me. The decompression windows are visually great, watching Necromorphs claw and hold onto something as they are flung into the vacuum of space while forcing Isaac to shoot the emergency core to bring down the safety lock is satisfying and able to compromise with the player.

Isaac getting a voice was good I would say. His personality is likable and he doesn't talk too much that makes him overbearing. I'd say Gunner Wright's voice work was solid and Isaac was just fine for me to hear. The zero-g movement is vastly improved from the first game and Isaac controls his entire movement. It can be a bit disorienting though, so its a tradeoff that im more conflicted with but overall still works well.

The DLC Severed and multiplayer is what brings this entire experience down. Had the time of those two things were spent on the single player (which itself is equally as good as the first for what it gains and loses). Severed is a terribly short campaign of a forgettable protagonist that ends before it even builds any tension or character development. I believe it's suppose to be link to a Wii game of Dead Space, but it was a rail shooter that wasn't well received. Considering Dead Space is a cult game series, so having even greater moments and money spent on the inner main game can really go a long way.

The multiplayer was cool concept, but completely screwed and unbalanced on a multitude of problems. A Left 4 Dead style of 4v4 with human and necromorph players fighting in objective modes can be asinine when the host leaves and voids all experience for players that were winning. Weapons are incredibly imbalanced, and certain Necromorph abilities can be abused to no end. It's no wonder the sequel didn't do one. Despite that though, I often found it to be a guilty pleasure, because carving through teams on either side with friends was really fun and great, even if it was at the expense of someone's frustration.

Dead Space 2 is still great for its campaign. Despite the changes to its formula and poor inclusions to try to be more of a target for the mainstream, the game excels above alot of sci-fi games, but not to the standards its previous set. Play it's story and have a blast, trust me it really is worth it.
  2. Jun 11, 2016
    This game severely lacks items to be found and money to purchase new items, im on chapter 4 and have found and achieved nearly nothing so far. struggling to find items and credits to buy different guns and health to stay alive room to room is hard enough on normal difficulty, dead space 1 was great in the sense you always had a full inventory and most the time you had to sell items. DeadThis game severely lacks items to be found and money to purchase new items, im on chapter 4 and have found and achieved nearly nothing so far. struggling to find items and credits to buy different guns and health to stay alive room to room is hard enough on normal difficulty, dead space 1 was great in the sense you always had a full inventory and most the time you had to sell items. Dead space 2 requires 10,000 credits to purchase the rail gun but theres not even that amount of credits in the game so far up to chapter 4. Hopefully dead space 3 is better Expand
  3. Apr 8, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Where should I begin with this game? This is a perfect example of how you do a survival-horror game. Beautiful graphics and design, horrifying creatures and a great plot. Isaac Clarke, the engineer who survived the horror on USG Ishimura, is back. When the game begins, he is in an asylum. But a new necromorph attack begins and Isaac is forced, once again, to face them. With the death of his girlfriend Nicole in the first game, Isaac must deal with the pain of her loss. To his aid he has a pilot named Ellie, Stross, an asylum patient, and Diana, a mysterious woman. I played this game before the first one, but apart from Nicole and a few mentions of the first game, this game surprisingly works well without context from the first game. About a 3/4 in the game, Isaac must travel back to USG Ishimura and this part is awesome, but it's more awesome if you have played the first one. What about the horror factor? This game is really scary, BUT it's nothing compared to the first Dead Space. One of the most iconic horror moments in Dead Space 2 is the eye surgery scene. In this "mini game", Isaac must inject himself with a needle. You control the needle who must go through his right eye. If you succeed, the game continues. But if you fail...the needle aggressively bore through your eye socket, and this is VERY BLOODY AND GORY. Speaking of that, Dead Space 1 is well known for being bloody and gory, and Dead Space 2 makes no difference. When you die, you don't simply "die". Instead you get crushed, impaled, decapitated or, my favourite, transformed to a necromorph. If you don't like lots of blood, you may want to skip this one. The combat in this game is some of the best I've played. The gun-play works like a 3rd person shooter. The enemies you face range from your standard necromorph to the terrifying stalkers. Luckily the stomp mechanic is back, now better than before, so you can crush the enemies you hate to bloody bits while you hear the lovely crushing of bones.The guns from the first one is back, with a few new additions. One of the complaints the first game got was that you couldn't use a flamethrower in zero gravity. In this game it works. Let's talk about the space aspect of this game. A key part of both the first one and the second is the ability to be outside, in space. You have a limited amount of air though, so you can't stand still and enjoy the view. New to this game is the ability to float in zero gravity (which is a great edition). Overall, this game is one of my favourite games, but there are some parts that I didn't like. Since this game is more action packed than the first one, the game is less scarier. Don't get me wrong, there are parts that made me jump. But if you have played the game before, you don't get scared so often. Dead Space 1 has the ability to scare you with creepy music and dark environments, even though you know what's coming. But the worst part is in nearly the end. You must traverse, in zero g, a bunch of lethal obstacles. The problem with this is that the movement in zero g is a bit clunky. Isaac is almost a tank when he moves. And this is really bad when you face obstacles that is big and close to each other. I know that stasis works, but if you aren't good at floating and have almost no stasis packs, then you are pretty done for. I love this game though, and I highly recommend it for horror fans. Expand
  4. Sep 6, 2015
    A reliable sequel that builds on the first success while adding new elements to make it an immersive and charitable entry in the series. The new creatures and characters are a welcome addition.
  5. Jan 12, 2015
    I fell in love with the 1st game and couldn't wait for #2. The demo blew me away and the game? Played it at least a dozen times and never got bored with it... The Dead Space series is as good as gaming gets... 2 was my fav but loved them all... More EA... Give us more... Well done!
  6. Jul 7, 2014
    Dead Space 2 is not as scary as Dead Space 1 is, IMHO. Though it has its own merits: Isaac can now speak (not only just scream, as in Dead Space 1), and his nightmares about Nicole are just wonderful! Also, the speed flights through the vacuum are nice, too. Needless to say, the zero-gravity and vacuum features are still there, which is cool.
    Bottom line: it's a very good game (with less
    Bottom line: it's a very good game (with less horror and more action, than in Dead Space 1), and I suggest you to buy it, if you love the first game.
  7. Jun 5, 2014
    It was a really nice game the first time I played it, the scares were absolutely on the spot, I have a turtle beach head set so it was totally terrifying. The story was a bit cheesy, but it was well done also. The first story was the best out of the 3, the 2nd story was a bit...... well a let down to what it was before. The first game he was just trying to survive or get help. This one heIt was a really nice game the first time I played it, the scares were absolutely on the spot, I have a turtle beach head set so it was totally terrifying. The story was a bit cheesy, but it was well done also. The first story was the best out of the 3, the 2nd story was a bit...... well a let down to what it was before. The first game he was just trying to survive or get help. This one he didn't even want to live, at the end he just wanted to die. I thought the story was a bit of a let down, but still the story was better than I thought it would be. Another thing is online, my gosh that sucked so bad that I thought it was a black hole. The game play totally stunk on online, I mean if I was an alien, I would just get my head shot off in the first 5 seconds that I spawned. The humans was also unfair, because there are boosters EVERYWHERE. I mean seriously they would spawn kill every time, I couldn't even get out of the spawn point. Would I recommend this? Yes, defiantly it is a good game to continue the dead space series. Yes, sometimes online is fun if people play FAIR. Expand
  8. Jan 18, 2014
    With incredible scares and action sequences Dead Space 2 is recommendable for almost anyone. For those looking for more than just that Dead Space 2 has a great story, good plot and great zero gravity puzzles.
  9. Jan 12, 2014
    Here is my pro/con review of Dead Space 2:

Pros: - Really nice graphics - Great controls (most of the time) - Great story - Isaac is a really good character, so are the side characters. - The dementia aspect is really cool and creepy - A few good scares... Cons: - ...But not enough scares to be a horror game, the game is creepy through and through, though - Necromorph
    Here is my pro/con review of Dead Space 2:

Pros:
    - Really nice graphics
    - Great controls (most of the time)
    - Great story
    - Isaac is a really good character, so are the side characters.
    - The dementia aspect is really cool and creepy
    - A few good scares...

Cons:

- Necromorph pathfinding bugs. (Such as one where i entered a room filled with stalkers, and had them chase me to the other side of the room, they just gave up the chase for no apparent reason.)
    - Rare instances where the story didn't pull me in

But those were just minor annoyances compared to everything else i absolutely loved about the game, I wholeheartedly recommend it. Especially if you can find it for cheap. If not I still recommend it.
  10. Jan 3, 2014
    The Dead Space series is nothing to write home about, its chunky controls, lacklustre graphics and boring campaign virtually leaves you with nothing bare creepy deformed enemies or the odd jump scare. So much potential wasted on what could of been an amazing survival horror game. Another disappointment, would not recommended.
  11. Jan 1, 2014
    They have done it again, this game much like dead space one is an excellent atmospheric, frightening, anxiety ridden romp. The game plays pretty much the same as the first, with some of your old favourite enemies featuring so if you were looking for innovation from the first you may be disappointed, I however was not having loved the first game I love this too, hard to the core though???They have done it again, this game much like dead space one is an excellent atmospheric, frightening, anxiety ridden romp. The game plays pretty much the same as the first, with some of your old favourite enemies featuring so if you were looking for innovation from the first you may be disappointed, I however was not having loved the first game I love this too, hard to the core though??? not gonna happen. Expand
  12. Dec 30, 2013
    It's pretty hard to capture lightening in a bottle twice. I'd say they gave it their best shot, and it was an all around very enjoyable game. They had a winning recipe and didn't deviate. The story progression was good and some of the achievements were incredibly stressful difficult (play on hardcore and you only get to use 3 saves for the entire game) which I enjoy.
  13. Sep 2, 2013
    Dead Space 2 follows up from Isaac Clarke's last outing with a thrilling, terrifying, and gory survival-horror game. The overall story is fairly interesting but the game play is what really stands out as you have a dozen weapons at your disposal each with it's own grotesque way to slaughter those nasty necromorphs. Stasis and kinesis also add terrifically to game play strategy. Isaac innerDead Space 2 follows up from Isaac Clarke's last outing with a thrilling, terrifying, and gory survival-horror game. The overall story is fairly interesting but the game play is what really stands out as you have a dozen weapons at your disposal each with it's own grotesque way to slaughter those nasty necromorphs. Stasis and kinesis also add terrifically to game play strategy. Isaac inner struggle is gripping to watch over the course of the game as he experiences betrayals. hallucinations, and being stalked by a necromorph who seemingly can't die! The campaign is a good 14 hours depending on your difficulty and yes the game can be quite difficult, even on the easier difficulties. New game plus adds re-playability with your weapons and upgrades staying with you even after starting a new campaign. The only real flaw is the multiplayer which gets dull very quickly and isn't very fun. Overall, fantastic gameplay, campaign, weapons etc. but not very good multiplayer. Expand
  14. Aug 22, 2013
    Compared to the first game, Dead Space 2 was somewhat disappointing. It plays more like an action game, relying more on jump scares than atmospheric creepy-ness. They just send horde after horde at you. I much preferr the slow-paced but thrilling game that Dead Space was. Overall though, Dead Space 2 is still an above-average action game.
  15. Jun 1, 2013
    the first dead space was great, good placed jumpscares, creative level design but overall something refreshing even though it had some problems i really liked it, dead space 2 ramps up the horror and improves the gameplay, i loved feeling helpless with just one shot for my plasma cutter and killing the necromorphs, dismembering necromorphs is still satisfying as ever, overall the game wasthe first dead space was great, good placed jumpscares, creative level design but overall something refreshing even though it had some problems i really liked it, dead space 2 ramps up the horror and improves the gameplay, i loved feeling helpless with just one shot for my plasma cutter and killing the necromorphs, dismembering necromorphs is still satisfying as ever, overall the game was excellent, but it does not end there this game packs an awesome multiplayer that some thrills, if you are a fan of survival horror i recommend that you check this game out! Expand
  16. May 30, 2013
    Dead Space 2 is just average. It seems to rely heavily on jump scares that all use the same formula, doesn't set up much of an atmosphere and it's so easy to kill all of the nercomorphs when you're tripping over ammo. The story isn't as interesting as the first, just Scientology-I mean Unitology trying to take over the galaxy. If you solely liked the game play for Dead Space, then this isDead Space 2 is just average. It seems to rely heavily on jump scares that all use the same formula, doesn't set up much of an atmosphere and it's so easy to kill all of the nercomorphs when you're tripping over ammo. The story isn't as interesting as the first, just Scientology-I mean Unitology trying to take over the galaxy. If you solely liked the game play for Dead Space, then this is for you. Otherwise, stay away from this game. Expand
  17. May 7, 2013
    The game is more intense than the first one, but in the mean time lost almost all the scary factors. I don't know what I expected from this game, but whatever it was, the game didnt meet it. the game is surely with a lot of tension, if you die, ok, you die horribly, in the most violent way in game history (IMO), it is not scary, it is just sick to me. other than that. the game is stillThe game is more intense than the first one, but in the mean time lost almost all the scary factors. I don't know what I expected from this game, but whatever it was, the game didnt meet it. the game is surely with a lot of tension, if you die, ok, you die horribly, in the most violent way in game history (IMO), it is not scary, it is just sick to me. other than that. the game is still unique and worth experiencing. Expand
  18. Apr 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is AMAZING (to say the least)!!! Issac Clarke makes his return in the Dead Space Series and doesn't disappoint. With already familiar controls, that feel "just right" makes returning fans to the series happy. Suspense levels found in the game are always up there during the course of the game. This becomes very apparent when in Dead Space (original), if you were ever in a tough situation the elevators acted as a "safe house" and you didn't have to worry. Dead Space 2 is very similar until about half way through the game when in an elevator (of course), you get a little visit from a necromorph. Small off-guard sequences raises tension within a playing atmosphere. Comparing these two just like in the first game fear relied heavily on jump scares from the same 4 or five necromorph's. Dead Space 2 also relies on Jump-Scares but adds a slight twist with (of course) a thick atmosphere, more variety from enemy's, and better placed halls and corridors. The game also features high re-playability with the "New Game+" mode and "Hardcore" (this also includes the easy, normal, and hard game modes). This game is nothing to rally pass up on with all its features. For only 20 dollars now its pretty hard to avoid a game such as this one. Expand
  19. Mar 29, 2013
    A little short, but still good stuff. It would have been nice to see a dedicated severs and more effort into the multiplayer, or better yet, just to eliminate it entirely and add another three or four chapters to the campaign instead
  20. Mar 18, 2013
    I'm glad that Dead Space didn't take a turn for the worse when they made this follow up, the original was unbelievable and anticipation was high for the next installment.. and here I am, raving once again about how Dead Space 2 made me pee in pants!!! By far the best Survivor Horror series since all those many years ago when Resident Evil was still relevant in the gaming world.
  21. Mar 12, 2013
    Where to begin. This game is the epitome of awesome. I can honestly not recommend it enough. Now that I have finished gushing, lets get the the specifics. With Dead Space, you had an amazingly crafted horror game on the unforgettable Ishimura. Fast forward three years and you have the follow up to that great game and one that changes everything for the better. Firstly, gone are the longWhere to begin. This game is the epitome of awesome. I can honestly not recommend it enough. Now that I have finished gushing, lets get the the specifics. With Dead Space, you had an amazingly crafted horror game on the unforgettable Ishimura. Fast forward three years and you have the follow up to that great game and one that changes everything for the better. Firstly, gone are the long tedious fetch quests of its predecessor. This game wants you to constantly be moving forward and will not settle for rehashing the same environments over and over. A choice to give Isaac a voice was most fortunate. Not only does it give him a much needed personality, it also allows the player to experience the conflict with him, and discover how exactly all this effects him. To say that this game is an improvement is a complete understatement. This gave Dead Space a place amongst the greatest franchise all time. Expand
  22. Feb 10, 2013
    Fantastic game. It's miles ahead of it's predecessor, there's tons of re-playability. The setting and story are top notch, and I found myself really intrigued by the overall 'Marker' plot. The game play, weapon choice and upgrading system really lets you play how you want to play. The sound design is spectacular. This game still gives me the chills two years later, and I never look atFantastic game. It's miles ahead of it's predecessor, there's tons of re-playability. The setting and story are top notch, and I found myself really intrigued by the overall 'Marker' plot. The game play, weapon choice and upgrading system really lets you play how you want to play. The sound design is spectacular. This game still gives me the chills two years later, and I never look at ventilation ducts the same again. 10/10. Expand
  23. Feb 7, 2013
    The difficult "second album" of a series can be hit or miss, but this one manages to hit on almost all counts. This is a superior game to it's predecessor in every way possible. The most significant improvement is that they gave Isaac a voice. No longer is he the mute protagonist running to and fro playing errand boy for other people; this time he is a living human being, driven by his ownThe difficult "second album" of a series can be hit or miss, but this one manages to hit on almost all counts. This is a superior game to it's predecessor in every way possible. The most significant improvement is that they gave Isaac a voice. No longer is he the mute protagonist running to and fro playing errand boy for other people; this time he is a living human being, driven by his own personal objectives. This parlays into much more interesting and meaningful missions, as there is now a personal impetus to get through the story. The story and universe are also expanded upon from the first, with lots of interesting backstory delivered in the form of interesting text and audio logs. The gameplay also feels tighter and more polished than the first. Isaac feels more nible and responsive than his past self, which makes for more fluid gameplay. Combat is as frantic as ever, and harder difficulties really challenge the player to use ammo smartly and have good situational awareness. The more action-y gameplay however, has meant alot of the slower paced horror and creepiness of the first game have been left by the wayside. Enemies also seem to have been recycled from the first, and there aren't many unique monsters. Gameplay could have also been spruced up a bit with some new features. As it is, it's the gameplay of old, but much more polished. There are alot of standout "set piece" sequences, similar to the Uncharted series. One involving a monster chasing Isaac, with the camera peering over Isaac's front, is an ingeniously crafted action sequence. The graphics, audio, and artwork are also well executed. There is an incredible sense of time and place. You really believe this far-future sci fi world exists, even though it doesn't. All in all, a great sequel, pick it up. Expand
  24. Dec 4, 2012
    It's the game that got me back into zombie video games. Deadrising was ok and Left 4 Dead was great but when this came out, I renewed my faith in the zombie video game. Resident Evil 4 was the last time there was an awesome zombie game.
  25. Oct 29, 2012
    Dead Space 2 isn't necessarily better than the first game, it just improves in some areas that weren't necessarily that bad to begin with. The audio is still utterly masterful, creating suspense at all the right junctures, while the visuals and gameplay make Visceral's game one of the finest examples of cinematic gaming at its best. The bottom line however, is that Dead Space 2 is one ofDead Space 2 isn't necessarily better than the first game, it just improves in some areas that weren't necessarily that bad to begin with. The audio is still utterly masterful, creating suspense at all the right junctures, while the visuals and gameplay make Visceral's game one of the finest examples of cinematic gaming at its best. The bottom line however, is that Dead Space 2 is one of the most downright terrifying games that you're ever likely to play. It'll give you nightmares, guaranteed. Expand
  26. Oct 11, 2012
    This review should be prefaced by the fact that I dislike the horror genre with a passion. I was attracted to this game after a buddy convinced me to try it and after and hour and a half I was disappointed by constant suspense and what I felt was a lack of action. After picking it up the other week I realized that what I hated the first time was really the beauty in the game. I played forThis review should be prefaced by the fact that I dislike the horror genre with a passion. I was attracted to this game after a buddy convinced me to try it and after and hour and a half I was disappointed by constant suspense and what I felt was a lack of action. After picking it up the other week I realized that what I hated the first time was really the beauty in the game. I played for and hour or so and was hooked. The feeling of tension that this game creates is on a whole other level from other games I have played. Every corner you feel forced to check left and right -- with that visibility you have -- to avoid being snuck up on by a zombie. Hearing a something in the walls and just knowing that something is coming and tensing up on the edge of the couch to just find yourself at a save station is probably the quickest jump in my suspense that I have ever felt in a game. Overall I think this games ability to draw you in with the suspense is what made this a great game. I will say this though: dying was more frustrating than a set back, and the save stations seemed useless and too frequent. I don't really mind the latter, but dying felt like **** I have to go blow through this section again" rather than "Okay **** how I am going to beat these guys". I didn't really understand a lot of the story going through the game either; it was only the end when everything was put before you that I understood what was going on. Ultimately, I am pleased I picked it up, and I would recommend it to most everyone. Expand
  27. Sep 20, 2012
    This is one my favorite games of all time. I was sceptical when i was deciding if i should buy this game or not. And when i actually bought it i waited like four days to play it because i was nervous to see how scary the game actually is. Well to me anyway the games scared are over hyped to the point where i didnt even get scared when playing this game at all. Instead i loved the sh#t outThis is one my favorite games of all time. I was sceptical when i was deciding if i should buy this game or not. And when i actually bought it i waited like four days to play it because i was nervous to see how scary the game actually is. Well to me anyway the games scared are over hyped to the point where i didnt even get scared when playing this game at all. Instead i loved the sh#t out of it. To me when i was playing this game felt more like an action game than a survival horror,ive seen many critics say how ammo and health are scarce well you know what i got to say to them.....bullsh$t. I had plenty of ammo and health throughout the whole game,and gameinformer said that towards the end the difficultly shoots through the roof,it doesnt. In fact you can barely tell. This game is very creative and the last like three hours is amazing. The end of the game gave me goosebumps man,i cannot wait till Dead Space 3,play this game and you'll feel the same way. Expand
  28. Aug 15, 2012
    Dead Space was a masterpiece action horror game, but does the sequel live up to its hefty heights the predecessor set? It surpasses them in short, the game is longer, more action packed and a more meaty experience all round. The events of Dead Space have left Isaac with a rare form of Dementia that will kill him if he does not get the cure. Being held on one of Saturn's moons names theDead Space was a masterpiece action horror game, but does the sequel live up to its hefty heights the predecessor set? It surpasses them in short, the game is longer, more action packed and a more meaty experience all round. The events of Dead Space have left Isaac with a rare form of Dementia that will kill him if he does not get the cure. Being held on one of Saturn's moons names the Sprawl, CEC have brought the USG Ishimura in after the distress beacon you sent out was recovered, now the Necromorph roam the Sprawl and yet again it is up to Isaac to escape with his life. Expand
  29. Jul 14, 2012
    I must say i had high hopes for this game. Being knew to the DS series i had decided to take the oldest one i could find on shelves which (unfortunately) was Dead Space 2. While i prefer to always try and start with the first of a series i did some research and found out it is supposedly a great way to start off this series if your new. When i first started this game it seemed okay but theI must say i had high hopes for this game. Being knew to the DS series i had decided to take the oldest one i could find on shelves which (unfortunately) was Dead Space 2. While i prefer to always try and start with the first of a series i did some research and found out it is supposedly a great way to start off this series if your new. When i first started this game it seemed okay but the enemies quickly got old. The jump scares were a bit startling at the beginning but more or less towards the half-way point they mainly were expected. The character of Isaac felt rather generic to me. He seemed to me just a regular horror movie person who is wanted by basically everyone because there is something special about them. The guns were very unique but i feel a major downfall was its multiplayer. While i never had high hopes for a horror genre to go good with multiplayer i at least expected something better than, play a match, try to kill endless waves of necromorphs who usually try to kill you as you spawn, get killed, try again, repeat. It seems as though they just wanted to put in a multiplayer so as people wouldn't complain about there not being one. The enemies are both unique and interesting but towards the end there were barely any new ones and just harder versions of the older version's. Expand
  30. May 29, 2012
    The best survival horror game to date period. The first one was a success this one multiplies that sucsess per 100, first Issac talks and has a personality so the interaction with the game story is more interactive than in the first one, there aro more necromorph variants and man they are scary also this game does something that resident evil cant do it merges perfectly the survival aspectThe best survival horror game to date period. The first one was a success this one multiplies that sucsess per 100, first Issac talks and has a personality so the interaction with the game story is more interactive than in the first one, there aro more necromorph variants and man they are scary also this game does something that resident evil cant do it merges perfectly the survival aspect and the action elements. Is scary, the story is awsome and is one of the best games to date. Expand

1. May 24, 2011
    The transition between CGI and gameplay delivers a great horror atmosphere. Isaac Clarke's got personality and we are only missing some bigger bossfights.
  2. Mar 24, 2011
    With this sequel, Visceral Games has masterfully expanded on the first Dead Space. They've revved up the series with tougher guns, a bigger setting, and online multiplayer, but kept the spirit and, most importantly, the scares of the original in tact.
  3. Mar 23, 2011
    I was expecting Dead Space 2 to be a great game, but it exceeded my expectations with beautiful, creative environments and a large array of both enemies and weapons with which to kill them.