Deadfall Adventures Xbox 360

7.9

1. Nov 15, 2013
    It's fun to fun with this game, but a bit linear is the game. Unreal motor 3 also is not the first freshness. The high price but after beating the game I did not regret issued money.
  2. Nov 16, 2013
    It can be good fun if you love climates with Indiana Jones. It's not Uncharted or Tomb Raider, but the smell of adventure floats through the whole game. I've seen the PC version and there this game looks better than on Xbox.
  3. Nov 25, 2013
    This is just the start of your adventure, and to be honest, it’s actually really fun, though not too awe inspiring. Deadfall Adventures plays like a First Person Shooter cross between Red Dead Redemption and Uncharted, but with Nazis and mummies, and probably much more as the story plays out.
  4. Nov 15, 2013
    This is simply Indiana Jones, and for years I was wondering why no one has released this person in a game. If producer had more money, the game would be much better.
  5. Nov 15, 2013
    This game has a chance to be a HIT but I think in the second part (DA2) I miss just more freedom. The game is just too linear, however, has a unique atmosphere. Who played in Uncharted, Tomb Raider will also find something interesting.
  6. Jan 10, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. [Condensed]

Seeing as I doubt very many people play this game to begin with, especially with all the negative reviews of it on pretty much every site out there, it is hard to believe that anyone would really take the time to play a sub-standard multiplayer component anyway in such a forgettable title. Plus, the quality itself and the fact that nobody really has heard of the tittle all the way up until it’s release is a telling factor as well, I’d say. Deadfall Adventures had an honorable and thoughtful goal of mixing elements of shooters and puzzles together, but it totally falls flat and fails to be really fun or even remotely pleasing in most aspects. Some moments may pique your interest slightly, but the Medal of Honor games of old are much better done than this so-called ‘new” shooter. Don’t waste your money on it, bottom line. I’d even recommend the heavily-flawed Turning Point: Fall of Liberty over this game, as that one is six years old and about five dollars or so.

Concept: Copy Indiana Jones and fail, fail, fail.

Graphics: Though the environments are all pretty bland and cliched in their own right, the graphics aren’t really that bad at a distance. When you get up close however, objects are blurry and things look muddied as they run into one another as well.

Sound: The voice acting is pretty bad and forgettable, but the soundtrack is average and not too bad overall- reminding me more than once of better adventure games.

Playability: The gameplay is often marred by lag and framerate issues, and the controls don’t allow much in the way of actual control, which makes things harder than they should be and very inaccurate in the activation of items and the shooting or otherwise dispatching of foes.

Entertainment: Though I am almost positive nearly nobody recalls the Quartermain novels of old, and wouldn’t be caught dead playing this game even if they did, the adventure story doesn’t feel very adventurous or even remotely very much fun, and I too wouldn’t want to be associated with it.

Replay Value: Very Low.

Overall Score: 6.0
  7. Mar 27, 2015
    So, you're this guy, and you're with this gorgeous redheaded girl. You're kind of an Indiana Jones type character, who's looking for treasure, and so you have to explore ancient ruins -- but they're filled with Nazis, and killer mummies that you have to fight off with your gun, and machete.

Sounds cool, right? Well, there are some problems with the game. The voice acting is pretty

Sounds cool, right?

Well, there are some problems with the game. The voice acting is pretty stiff. There isn't much to the story. The level designs can often feel narrow, uninspired, and they leave you feeling trapped. The baddies just swarm you, and your sidekick is no help whatsoever.

But there are some bright spots to the game. They have a strong puzzle element going on, and there are some interesting concepts for the character, like making use of a compass, a notepad to give you clues, and a flashlight.

Other than that however there is nothing that really makes this game stand out. I think it's worth a try though.

1. X-ONE Magazine UK
    Jan 11, 2014
    An exasperating experience. [Issue#106, p.85]
  2. Dec 20, 2013
    Darkfall Adventures is a middle-of-the-road Lost World adventure, where our wisecracking Indiana Jones-like hero spends more time saving and re-saving the girl than recovering a purportedly priceless and powerful treasure that ultimately doesn’t come off as all that pricey or powerful in the end.
  3. Dec 19, 2013
    I certainly appreciate what Deadfall Adventures was going for and I'm always open to adventuring on a less-than-AAA scale, but the over-reliance on shooting and the abysmal voice acting knock this afternoon-matinee romp down a few pegs.