7.9

1. Aug 7, 2012
    I will keep this short.
    Amazing graphics.
    Amazing atmosphere. Shocking length of gameplay. Shocking length of story (It ends abruptly. I thought I still had hours up my sleeve.) Voice acting is terrible sucks the believability out of the situation. The dialogue is shocking beyond belief. The control scheme is clunky. (It just doesn't quite work the way you want it to...intuitively)
    I will keep this short.
    Amazing graphics.
    Amazing atmosphere.
    Shocking length of gameplay.
    Voice acting is terrible sucks the believability out of the situation.
    The dialogue is shocking beyond belief.
    A large portion of the level design at one particular point is jarring by comparison to the rest of the game and, as a result, becomes a struggle to enjoy.
    Shocking story in general. This game probably boasts the worst closing moments of a video game. Badly written. Nonsensical. And whole bunch of other bad words are all that can describe it.
    The achievements are not achievements...they are gifts.
    No replayability, you will collect everything on the first try because the game is that linear. There might be a couple of items you miss, (if you aren't a curious gamer) but a quick scene select at the end of the game sees you find 'said item' in a matter of minutes.
    1200 MP is over-priced for something that is under-delivered - This game needed to be twice as long at least.
    Puzzles are lame and easily solved...I'm not actually sure if, by definition, they can be called puzzles.

Overall, this game is disappointing. I had such a big smile on my face when I started the opening levels. I even boasted it to my friends and showed them some of what I had already done.
    Within 20 minutes of actually playing the game properly I realised my mistake and the fact that arcade games on xbox live a non-refundable. Don't make the same mistake I did. Wait for this game to drop in price, or, better yet, wait for shadow complex 2...if it ever comes out.
  2. Aug 2, 2012
    I was excited about thelaunch of the game, Then I sat down to play, But I was very disappointed, and i only have to say, That game sucks, it's BORIIIING, Microsoft, You owe me 4 hours of my life
  3. Dec 26, 2012
    The game has a good atmosphere and graphics but thats all. The controls are not responsive,you cant do what you want when you want.The story is boring and uninteresting,besides unoriginal. The game is unfair in many things,when you die you dont feel like you lost because the game is hard, but because its badly designed. The game is basically very easy to, the only hard parts are the onesThe game has a good atmosphere and graphics but thats all. The controls are not responsive,you cant do what you want when you want.The story is boring and uninteresting,besides unoriginal. The game is unfair in many things,when you die you dont feel like you lost because the game is hard, but because its badly designed. The game is basically very easy to, the only hard parts are the ones that are not well designed,basically the whole game is jumping from one place to the other with a bad story and voice acting in between with poor level designed, I got it just for 7,50. But is still a waste of money. Expand
  4. Mar 31, 2014
    Just not really a good game, definitely not worth your hard earned money. Just look at the other reviews, it says enough. Especially when a Xbox magazine gives the highest score
  5. Apr 20, 2014
    Got this free as part of the recent Xbox Games for gold series, as I was not impressed to buy it first time around, and I still feel ripped off.
    Any game that you spend more time watching the loading screens than actually playing the game does not deserve a review, never mind a score.
    It feels that the only way to get through the game is trial and error, and lots of dying by insta-deaths. There are quite a few health packs, but I have NEVER had to use one, as never been able to make it through a scene without being killed by a ridiculous scene.
    The combat is hit and miss, again killed by enemies attacking from your sides, your melee attacks passing through enemies. The stamina bar is just a nuisance, if there are more than a couple of enemies then your're more than likely going to die, as a couple of swings (that miss) and you just collapse in a panting heap, the taunt doesn't work for enemies more than a couple of meters away from you.
    Easy achievements, if you can force your way through it, but like I mentioned before, you'll more than likely be watching the loading screen a heck of a lot....
  6. Apr 29, 2014
    The story was OK, and the graphics are fine, but the mechanics are just garbage. The amount of times I have died from faulty controls is unbelievable, just because I either can't jump up a ladder because he can't grab it, or your character randomly decides to tackle a zombie to the ground, which defies most zombie film/game logic in the first place.

The point where I said no more, is

The point where I said no more, is when I was killed by a pair of legs which got up to kill me, after I blatantly shot the zombie in half with a shotgun.

Horrible mechanics, horrible bugs, horrible game.
  7. Apr 18, 2014
    4/10. The game opens with a somewhat mysterious storyline that is progressively explained throughout the game, which is the games only strong point. Controls are only somewhat explained during gameplay, leaving the player to resort to the controls menu in order to figure out how to progress, and "shadow" encounters always resort in a loss of health, no matter how fast you tap the B4/10. The game opens with a somewhat mysterious storyline that is progressively explained throughout the game, which is the games only strong point. Controls are only somewhat explained during gameplay, leaving the player to resort to the controls menu in order to figure out how to progress, and "shadow" encounters always resort in a loss of health, no matter how fast you tap the B button, leaving players at their last check point. Gameplay progression is difficult even at the highest brightness setting due to padlocks in certain places not looking like padlocks, or crawl spaces looking like a wall or debris. Expand
  8. May 3, 2014
    No problem giving this a zero. Zeroes are earned, and this game definitely deserves it. Most people bump games for visuals, sound, story(if there is one) and other pointless crap, but I have two criteria: is it fun and would I recommend it. Nothing about deadlight is fun, and I can't think of any circumstances under which I'd recommend it to anyone. Hence, Zero. Top off no fun withNo problem giving this a zero. Zeroes are earned, and this game definitely deserves it. Most people bump games for visuals, sound, story(if there is one) and other pointless crap, but I have two criteria: is it fun and would I recommend it. Nothing about deadlight is fun, and I can't think of any circumstances under which I'd recommend it to anyone. Hence, Zero. Top off no fun with bad graphics/sound/gameplay/story/acting... I don't know how anyone could give this trash a high score. Except xbox magazine, since they have little choice (and no credibility). Expand
  9. Dec 3, 2014
    graficos muito bonitos, mas os controIes são PÉSSIMOS, vc vai se irritar MUITO com esse jogo!! os puzzIes são simpIes demais, ou então exigem que vc faça uma EXATA sequencia de movimentos que ficam super dificeis com os controIes do jogo nao respondendo direito, EVITE A TODO CUSTO!! NAO JOGUE ISSO NEM DE GRAÇA

cooI graphics, but the controIs are terribIe, cIumsy, making the game

cooI graphics, but the controIs are terribIe, cIumsy, making the game unpIayabIe sometimes,,,, and the puzzIes are terribIe
  10. May 10, 2014
    At first I was really hopeful about this game. The graphics and the visual design seemed interesting and thought provoking. Most of the first act is even..... almost passable gameplay-wise. The game has a melee axe mechanic that very simply sucks monkeyfu*k as The Nerd would put it. And you are expected to fight quite a lot of enemies with that axe. The gameplay itself is pretty identicalAt first I was really hopeful about this game. The graphics and the visual design seemed interesting and thought provoking. Most of the first act is even..... almost passable gameplay-wise. The game has a melee axe mechanic that very simply sucks monkeyfu*k as The Nerd would put it. And you are expected to fight quite a lot of enemies with that axe. The gameplay itself is pretty identical to Flashback from the SNES, but worse. The clunkyness cripples the experience and you should be prepared for the charactet to simply jump in vain in place when you try to make him reach a ladder, or jump forward in the same situation. The level design starts as almost passable and very quickly becomes terrible, full of obstacles the control scheme just cannot hack. The checkpoint system is broken in many instances, especially in chase scenes that are not only half-impossible, but are also so buggy that the game simply makes the scene *actually* unbeatable (I'm looking at you helicopter chase inside a multi-storied building). The further you go, the more infuriating the levels and sequences get, you reach a point where you realize that you are slogging trough a terrible ass game that copies story points from The Walking Dead. A promising title that kills itself on terrible controls and a masochistic level design. It really feels that the levels were made for some other game. Absolute sh*t. Do not buy. Expand
  11. May 6, 2014
    Just a few games stink like this one, besides it´s extremely confusing it needs a good story, just another crappy zombies games but this one´s in 2D, and that makes it more crappy. Hate it since the beginning.

Strong atmosphere in an extremely stylish platformer is spoiled by some frustrating parts and overall shortness but yet Deadlight is definitely worth trying. [Oct 2012]
  2. Oct 27, 2012
    Deadlight is an amazingly beautiful game. The combination of a simplistic foreground and incredibly detailed backgrounds is breathtaking. However, the gameplay isn't as elaborate. It relies heavily on trial and error, especially in the second half of the game. This made the game both frustrating and boring.
  3. Oct 14, 2012
    Delivers good story with oppressive atmosphere combined with stunning 3D visuals on 2D action spiced with great music, but trips over stiff gameplay and repetitive puzzles. [Sept 2012]