Deadlight Xbox 360

7.8

1. Aug 1, 2012
    Went against the reviews, played the trial, bought the game. Great atmosphere, solid story, amazing visuals. Having a blast with the game. Worth checking out!
  2. Aug 1, 2012
    This is definitely the best arcade game of the summer! Amazing visuals, challenging puzzles and complex and strategic gameplay, Deadlight is a game that os worth your time!
  3. Aug 3, 2012
    While the game obviously has some flaws, most of the bad reviews didn't get the picture. "Deadlight" actually is a REAL old school cinematic platformer. It's funny to see critics saying "out of this world" is a masterpiece but "deadlight" sucks, while they share the same premises.

- "it's too linear, just a follow-the-path game". C'mon. Ain't seen a game more linear than "out of this world".

- "pixel perfect jumps"; c'mon... OOTW was exactly the same. maybe even harder. - "too expensive". Well, I paid 2400 pts (16 euros or so) for OOTW. And keep in mind this was 20 years ago, deadlight is much longer, and there's a big crew of people on tequila works.

- "too short". OOTW could be finished in less than 20 minutes, for christ sake. Without help of any kind, DL can take you 2'5 to 4 hours on the first playtrough. YES IT CAN. Keep in mind that each time you die time goes back to the checkpoint too. Anyone who says he finished it on less than 2 hours the first time without any help, is lying. We know this is a game where you die A LOT the first time you play.

So that's my opinion. Critics didn't know what they had to review. Times have obviously changed, but if you've read any interviews or you've seen the developer diaries, the guys totally warned us; "this is a real old-school cinematic platformer". The problem is that some people didn't believe them.
  4. Aug 16, 2012
    Deadlight took me about 4 hours to finish. For 15 bucks, I definitely feel like I got my moneys worth. The environments are amazing and the story is pretty twisted. what really stood out for as cool was the fact that i was not just simply hacking and slashing through Zombies. When you see a gang of Zombies, run! The Survival horror mixed with platforming was good fun. Controls felt aDeadlight took me about 4 hours to finish. For 15 bucks, I definitely feel like I got my moneys worth. The environments are amazing and the story is pretty twisted. what really stood out for as cool was the fact that i was not just simply hacking and slashing through Zombies. When you see a gang of Zombies, run! The Survival horror mixed with platforming was good fun. Controls felt a little odd at first, but nothing that was game breaking. Solid buy in my book! Lastly, the 80's mini games collection was a nice touch. Collapse
  5. Apr 24, 2014
    I got this game from Games with Gold membership and it was very nice game. I liked the graphics, atmosphere and gameplay. It could be more longer. I did not enjoy all my weapons and skills at such short gameplay. Anyway still very good game...
  6. Aug 1, 2012
    If you've read either WWZ or the Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks you will love this game. I read the reviews from Game Informer and IGN and was set up for a disapointment. Thankfully it's a great game, very comparable to limbo in terms of gameplay mechanics, story and graphics (Deadlight is the winner in the graphics dept.) The story is well developed, especially the diary and theIf you've read either WWZ or the Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks you will love this game. I read the reviews from Game Informer and IGN and was set up for a disapointment. Thankfully it's a great game, very comparable to limbo in terms of gameplay mechanics, story and graphics (Deadlight is the winner in the graphics dept.) The story is well developed, especially the diary and the controls while not incredibly tight (eg. Mario Bros.) are really not even close to as bad what everyone is b#!^*ing on about. Deadlight controls really well, it feels like an adult platformer.. which is what it is. Deadlight is a well developed, story driven, easy to play zombie survival game and contrary to popular opinion IT IS what the Zombie video game genre needs right now. If you're a mature adult with an attention span over 30seconds and a fan of the Slouching Masses, pick it up. For reference, because I fear this game might pass unnoticed because of the average reviews it's getting, I also consider Half Life, Portal and Battlefield 3 (Skateordie03 on xbox, come have a match) to be great games. Expand
  7. Aug 3, 2012
    I am proud to have bought Deadlight at launch, to be part of making this great game a success! Totally worth the ride! Deadlight is captivating, poetically beautiful, suspenseful and creative. The game play is well balanced, zombies are sometimes funny, sometimes terrifying... A true adventure. The critical path of the story may seem short but truthfully, there is reason to go back in,I am proud to have bought Deadlight at launch, to be part of making this great game a success! Totally worth the ride! Deadlight is captivating, poetically beautiful, suspenseful and creative. The game play is well balanced, zombies are sometimes funny, sometimes terrifying... A true adventure. The critical path of the story may seem short but truthfully, there is reason to go back in, when you see all the relics not found in the first pass racing through, the journal and retro mini games, It is a rich and well designed game. I fully recommend it. Expand
  8. Aug 5, 2012
    Great game! I was a bit sceptical because of the low metascore, but I decided to download the trial anyway and was positively surprised. I really don't understand the low scores this game is getting. It has great atmosphere, agreat story and superb visuals.
  9. Aug 5, 2012
    Deadlight is an XBLA game, exclusive to Xbox 360, which costs 1200MS Points, being a game of platform, action and puzzle-Side Scrolling, with a basic concept of the gameplay comes from the old classic games like Flashback PC 1985, mixed with new concepts, inspired by Dawn of the Dead and its various sub-products such as the games Left for Dead and Dead Rising and TV series / comics likeDeadlight is an XBLA game, exclusive to Xbox 360, which costs 1200MS Points, being a game of platform, action and puzzle-Side Scrolling, with a basic concept of the gameplay comes from the old classic games like Flashback PC 1985, mixed with new concepts, inspired by Dawn of the Dead and its various sub-products such as the games Left for Dead and Dead Rising and TV series / comics like The Walking Dead.

The story of the game is set in an alternative Seattle in 1986, in the 150th day after a patient zero of an epidemic that turns everyone into zombies. It begins with Randall Wayne (the protagonist, the tough guy style) killing a girl from a group of survivors that he belonged, because she had been bitten, and the game really begins when he separate from them, to try to find his family, amid what remains of a devasted world.

In this world the zombies are called Shadows, and to top it off, still left new paramilitary forces, such as The Law, who makes its own laws and that such kills those who steal things from places where people died.

The graphic style of the game is heavily inspired by comics and in games like Shadow Complex / Limbo: a narrative of the story is told in a series of cartoons in stop-motions, such as comic with gross traits and contrasting colors. The graphics in the gameplay where backgrounds are detailed, in depth, and very colorful, rich in detail and in itself the elements of the action, such as platforms, stairs and characters in the foreground, are often as dark shadows.

Not always the contours of the elements are pefects and sometimes features have noticeable jaggies or coarser outlines, but the action shows motion capture was used in the movements of the game. The scenarios change perspective and undergo changes in accordance with the actions and what happens, and it's nice to see something of the background interact with you. Some objects you find have a pixelated look, if to give a retro look or not, I do not know.

The objects that are found are displayed in mini-windows on the screen, and everything that can interact in the scenarios have a more clear and distinct boundary (when approaching them), although slight, which stresses that exploration you do - the same applies to portions of the scenario that does not seem to have anything at first sight.

Audio: the game features a own nice soundtrack in the Menu that suits the game, and generally good performances and well deployed lines, with the voices very clear. The background sounds in general are in an atmosphere almost always silent, and increase the atmosphere of suspense that the game has, with noises of things falling, dripping water and grunts that make up much with the gameplay.

The gameplay is of a platform game, like the classic Flashback, using the environment to progress in the scenarios of the three chapters of the game, killing enemies and surviving, and the movement is typical consisting of walking, running , duck, jump and climb things, having a slippery action, so to speak, as I mentioned in the reference game. At the top of the screen, we see two indicators, one life (a red cross), divided into segments and an energy (or stamina, if you prefer), blue, which get shorter with some actions, like hanging, running or beating enemies (as in I Am Alive), but that regenerates at rest - letting this end up in the middle of the action, can be fatal

The game features several extras, such as pages from the diary of Randy, and photos from your album, which are hidden in stages, and beyond these collectibles that I mentioned, we also found 3 different mini-games that simulate on-screen 80's games, Donkey Kong style. We also have several weapons, the most basic the axe and the gun (in which uses the analog to point) - of course in addition, we can use different things in some scenarios to kill the zombies.

Despite having an axe things are not so easy: it takes several blows, and even with the gun - if the shot is not accurate in the head, you must fight them, and 3 of them together can more than easily kill you... therefore, considering the number of enemies, the action is not always the best solution and should try to think and act with cunning. The life ends with the depletion of the bar mentioned above, or come in contact with something lethal, and the screen glows white, back to a checkpoint, usually at the beginning of the sequence of the current platform sequence.

Summary: in the genre of platform / Puzzle is a great choice, among the best - think a mix of The Walking Dead, Shadow Complex and Limbo you have this game. An experience that is not as difficult as other recent games of the genre (even the Limbo or the very difficult War of the Worlds), but having a nice difficulty and gameplay that attach you to the end, being a pleasant experience. If you like games like those mentioned and the topic of zombie apocalypse / survival this is a game for you.
  10. Aug 7, 2012
    This game has a great style to it and is easy to pick up and play.
    Platforming action with a bit of fighting in a similar vein to this sort of game since the original PoP. There are a couple of frustrating sequences that will have you dying a bunch before you pull it off, but the checkpoint system is fairly forgiving.
    There are 3 chapters to the story and the game will probably take you
    This game has a great style to it and is easy to pick up and play.
    There are 3 chapters to the story and the game will probably take you about 4 hours to complete (maybe a little less if you're skilled / rush through without looking for secrets, or a little more if you take your time) with a little more time added if you hunt 100%.
    The first chapter slowly introduces all the possible actions (jumping, running, rolling, etc) and then they start mixing in hordes of zombies and traps and collapsing buildings and helicopters chasing you down while shooting at you. Generally you're better off if you can sneak around the zombies or trick them into grouping up and then hopping over them and running, but sometimes you just have to break out your axe or pistol.. but fighting makes up a very small portion of the game.

Knock this down to a 7 if you're not a fan of this kind of game, but fans of this genre will enjoy it as a fun, dependable game.
  11. Aug 30, 2012
    The graphics are good, the puzzles are fun to solve, the story is nice (nothing special), the controls are solid, i had no problems during the game. If you liked games like Limbo and Shadow Complex, there is a good chance you will love this one.
  12. Sep 7, 2012
    La summer of arcade continua con un titolo attesissimo da tutti gli appassionati di platform e zombie. Dopo averlo provato, nessuno di loro potrà dirsi insoddisfatto.
    Deadlight ci catapulta in una Seattle post-apocalittica datata 1986, dove un'epidemia ha trasformato tutta la popolazione in ombre assetate di carne umana. Noi interpreteremo Randall Wayne, uno dei pochi sopravvissuti all'epidemia, che durante la ricerca della propria famiglia è costretto suo malgrado a dividersi dal gruppo di cui faceva parte e a continuare da solo le proprie peregrinazioni, con tutte le difficoltà del caso. La storia viene raccontata tramite schermate statiche che potrebbero essere paragonate alle tavole di un fumetto, dipinte a pastello e dai toni scuri decisamente azzeccati, molto simili alle pagine di The Walking Dead, opera da cui il titolo trae largamente e palesemente ispirazione.
    Terminate le cut scene che fanno da cappello introduttivo alle nostre avventure, verremo catapultati in un mondo 2D a scorrimento laterale splendidamente caratterizzato in cui dovremo vedercela con un cospicuo numero di creature da affrontare con mezzi esigui: per lungo tempo non avremo nessun tipo di arma e solo più tardi riusciremo a mettere le mani su di un'accetta ed una pistola. Anche se avremo a disposizione qualche arma in più, il titolo non si trasformerà mai in uno sparatutto o in un action perché le munizioni della pistola saranno limitatissime e da usare con estrema parsimonia, mentre invece l'utilizzo dell'accetta consumerà la nostra forza fisica, costituita da una barra che potrebbe lasciarci in balia delle ombre se consumata del tutto nel momento meno opportuno. I nemici andranno sconfitti spesso con l'astuzia o, nei casi peggiori, scappando a gambe levate e come in The Walking Dead i non-morti, come al solito, non saranno gli unici da cui guardarsi. Le fasi platform si alternano in maniera fluidissima a fasi in cui dovremo superare dei puzzle ambientali, utilizzando le nostre scarsissime risorse, le nostre doti atletiche o ciò che l'ambiente circostante ci mette a disposizione. Spesso, anche il suono della nostra voce utilizzata per attirare le ombre potrebbe fare la differenza fra la vita e la morte.
    Le meccaniche di gioco di Deadlight non offrono quindi nulla di nuovo al giocatore, ma alcune sue peculiarità lo rendono uno dei migliori live arcade dell'anno: innanzitutto la direzione artistica è di primissimo livello: la grafica,curata fin nei minimi dettagli, rende perfettamente l'idea di un mondo ormai allo sbando ed in decadimento. Gli eventi scriptati che ci accompagnano lungo tutta la durata dell'avventura ed alcune chicche stilistiche come il controluce tramite il quale viene sempre mostrato il protagonista non fanno che rafforzare questa idea. Da questo punto di vista, Deadlight ricorda moltissimo Limbo, che non muoveva centinaia di migliaia di poligoni, ma riusciva a calare perfettamente il giocatore nell'atmosfera voluta dagli sviluppatori.
    Altro punto di forza è la caratterizzazione psicologica del protagonista Randall Wayne, resa con intelligenti stratagemmi quali la sua voce fuori campo, che ci rende partecipi dei suoi pensieri o alcuni suoi flashback e sogni che rafforzano il legame tra giocatore e protagonista spingendoci ad aiutarlo nella disperata ricerca della sua famiglia. Anche i comprimari, per quanto siano spesso semplicemente di passaggio hanno una caratterizzazione molto forte. Basti pensare al "ratto", che a un certo punto della narrazione ci mostrerà la sua "dimora".
    La nota dolente della produzione di Tequila Works, risiede nella longevità. Il titolo può essere infatti portato a termine in 3/4 ore e gli stimoli a rigiocarlo non solo moltissimi, dal momento che oltre ai 3 mini giochi che saranno resi disponibili col procedere dell'avventura, i collezionabili, come le pagine del diario di Randall o le carte d'identità di alcuni degli abitanti di Seattle si riescono a raccogliere abbastanza agevolmente già al primo giro, perciò i 1200 microsoft point richiesti per il download del titolo per alcuni potrebbero sembrare decisamente troppi.
    Per tutti gli amanti di platform 2D, zombie, ed in generale per tutti coloro che vogliono vivere un'avventura dal forte feeling cinematografico il titolo, però, è caldamente consigliato.
    Voto: 8/10 (www.videogiocare.org)
  13. Feb 16, 2013
    This game is one of the best I've played on the xbla in a while. If you are looking for that old feel of RE or SH then pick this up. The gameplay and environment are very well done and you become immersed almost immediately. The story is standard and written well enough, the end is a little weak, but overall, I was able to look past that seeing how much fun I had playing. It's pretty shortThis game is one of the best I've played on the xbla in a while. If you are looking for that old feel of RE or SH then pick this up. The gameplay and environment are very well done and you become immersed almost immediately. The story is standard and written well enough, the end is a little weak, but overall, I was able to look past that seeing how much fun I had playing. It's pretty short (I beat in 3 and half hours) but I only did that because I didn't want to stop playing.

It does have a harsh price of 1200 pts, but I recommend you check this game out.
  14. May 17, 2015
    Another game that I didn't know what to expect. Arcade so you know that this game will not be anything special. Surprise, surprise after a while story got better and when I finished it ending was so good.
  15. Jun 19, 2015
    Deadlight is, mechanically speaking, most similar to the classics Prince of Persia and Flashback, with some elements of the original Oddworld titles.This is a retro zombie horror-show game and I love it. In my opinion the graphics and the styling look and feel very good even if it's played on old school 2D platforming.
  16. Aug 16, 2012

1. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Oct 29, 2012
    Strong atmosphere in an extremely stylish platformer is spoiled by some frustrating parts and overall shortness but yet Deadlight is definitely worth trying. [Oct 2012]
  2. Oct 27, 2012
    Deadlight is an amazingly beautiful game. The combination of a simplistic foreground and incredibly detailed backgrounds is breathtaking. However, the gameplay isn't as elaborate. It relies heavily on trial and error, especially in the second half of the game. This made the game both frustrating and boring.
  3. Pelit (Finland)
    Oct 14, 2012
    Delivers good story with oppressive atmosphere combined with stunning 3D visuals on 2D action spiced with great music, but trips over stiff gameplay and repetitive puzzles. [Sept 2012]