8.2

1. Feb 20, 2014
    Pretty crappy game. The story isn't actually all that good. Terrible pacing, non-nonsensical plot, absurdly predictable about halfway into the game and a complete rip-off of Twin Peaks. The characters at least try to emulate David Lynch's mysterious/weird atmosphere, but fall short into the valley of the just plain dumb and annoying. None of the characters really have anything useful toPretty crappy game. The story isn't actually all that good. Terrible pacing, non-nonsensical plot, absurdly predictable about halfway into the game and a complete rip-off of Twin Peaks. The characters at least try to emulate David Lynch's mysterious/weird atmosphere, but fall short into the valley of the just plain dumb and annoying. None of the characters really have anything useful to say, and only a few of them actually have any reason to exist within the game.

Also, if you're saying bad graphics don't make it a bad game herr derr call of duty player: you're right, bad graphics don't make a bad game; bad everything makes a bad game. Don't be so pretentious as to think that people could only possibly ever dislike this game for the graphics. Yeah, the game is unique, but then, so is a fork with bent tines.
  2. Mar 2, 2012
    Ugh, a really bigger mistake, this impossible game title is boring, and the reason of the "impossible" is because you don't play much, the story is good, but have some biggest problems, the camera, the controls, all in this game is a biggest mistake. I think that Ignition Entertainment do a sequel need better elements, because the elements on Deadly Premonition are terrible. In definitiveUgh, a really bigger mistake, this impossible game title is boring, and the reason of the "impossible" is because you don't play much, the story is good, but have some biggest problems, the camera, the controls, all in this game is a biggest mistake. I think that Ignition Entertainment do a sequel need better elements, because the elements on Deadly Premonition are terrible. In definitive this game sucks. Expand
  3. Aug 21, 2012
    A truly atrocious game. It's an ugly, buggy, clunky, inscrutable mess. The only explanation I can think of for all the praise it gets is that the hideous graphics, jerky animations, and mind-bogglingly clumsy controls 'cause some people to have a stroke and think that they must actually be enjoying the game. That or it's some sort of emotional defense mechanism to help justify the completeA truly atrocious game. It's an ugly, buggy, clunky, inscrutable mess. The only explanation I can think of for all the praise it gets is that the hideous graphics, jerky animations, and mind-bogglingly clumsy controls 'cause some people to have a stroke and think that they must actually be enjoying the game. That or it's some sort of emotional defense mechanism to help justify the complete waste of time that any play of this game is. Expand
  4. Justin
    Mar 2, 2010
    This game is garbage. I can't believe that Jim Sterling still has a job at Destructoid, after giving this piece of trash game a 10 out of 10. He is a disgrace to all video game reviewers. This game is the worst of this entire generation, and he shouldn't be aloud to review games if he think this game is anything above a 4 out of 10.
  5. Nov 13, 2011
    What a **** game !! Really, I'm sure fake users have been created to boost this score to the current 8.3 level...ridiculous, what a waste of time ! Do not be fooled -- listen to the critics and save your money.
  6. Aug 9, 2013
    This game is by far the worst game i have ever played. terrible controls, story & everything imaginable. why did the developers bother, most overrated game ever, of all time plus it has no Three Dog
  7. GazzaM
    Feb 23, 2010
    This is simply the worst game ever. I'm don't usually care much about graphics however this game looks like a early ps2 game. The gameplay is basic and boring with broken controls to boot. The dialogue and story is simply cheesy & hilarious. To make matters worse the music is extremely out of place. The worst part of the game however is the enemies. There the most laughable and This is simply the worst game ever. I'm don't usually care much about graphics however this game looks like a early ps2 game. The gameplay is basic and boring with broken controls to boot. The dialogue and story is simply cheesy & hilarious. To make matters worse the music is extremely out of place. The worst part of the game however is the enemies. There the most laughable and pathetic creatures I have seen in a horror game. This game fails on all levels. The most hilarious thing is that this is supposed to be a horror game yet you'll be spending most of your time laughing at how bad it is. The only scary part is that its around 20 hours long and thought of playing it that long really sends a shiver down my spine. I'd give it a 1/10. I was going to give it a 0 however the fact the game is so bad its going to have you burst out in laughter when you play it. The fact it makes you laugh earns it a point even though its unintentional. Expand
  8. Jul 21, 2011
    Trash, but not the fun kind. Feels like the concept and ideas which sound quite good were well beyond the capabilities of the development team, resulting in GameCube visuals and horrid controls. Driving around which you have to do a lot can make you want to go hang yourself.
  9. Feb 8, 2011
    I'm not sure why so many people have jumped on this brainless, sadistic bandwagon called "Deadly Premonition". The gameplay consists of watching the same zombie bend its spine backwards and explode into purple goo from the shot of your BB sounding gun. The graphics are at least 10 years old. I had glitches and game crashes constantly. The story was practically non existent and certainI'm not sure why so many people have jumped on this brainless, sadistic bandwagon called "Deadly Premonition". The gameplay consists of watching the same zombie bend its spine backwards and explode into purple goo from the shot of your BB sounding gun. The graphics are at least 10 years old. I had glitches and game crashes constantly. The story was practically non existent and certain scenes had virtually no relevance to the rest of the plot. Games like "E.T." or "Big Rigs Racing" are so bad its good. This game is so bad its good and then back to bad again. One of the worst games ive ever endured. It's to stupid to even laugh at. Throw it into the nearest incinerator. Expand
  10. AdrianW.
    Apr 7, 2010
    Pure rubbish worlds worst game sega saturn had better games than this.These people should be shot for making this. Its awful graphics with dumb story dont buy this game please.
  11. Justin
    Mar 4, 2010
  12. FernandoB
    Feb 24, 2010
    It looks like somebody got Silent Hill, GTA, Resident Evil, Clock Tower and Siren and mx them all. Rip-off here, rip-off there... If the graphics and/or story where at least decent it could worth something. The motion capture sequences seem to be made by a bunch of drunks. Back in 2001 this game would have had an score of 6 or 7, but nearly a decade has passed, so.
  13. miked
    Apr 12, 2010
    I'm a huge horror survival game fan, but this game is awfull. I usually love horror survival games that everyone else hates, but this game has no redeeming qualities at all. Even for 25$ new it;s still overpriced. Bad graphics, horrible story (typical Japanese nonsense)and it's not even a little scary. Other reviews that I've read say revel in it's goofiness. Well if I'm a huge horror survival game fan, but this game is awfull. I usually love horror survival games that everyone else hates, but this game has no redeeming qualities at all. Even for 25$ new it;s still overpriced. Bad graphics, horrible story (typical Japanese nonsense)and it's not even a little scary. Other reviews that I've read say revel in it's goofiness. Well if your I.Q. is that low that something as bad and unentertaining as this game is than go for it, just remember to wear your helmet when outdoors. Expand
  14. Jun 13, 2011
    The Sinner's Sandwich is the greatest sandwich invented since its peanut butter-based cousin. It's strawberry jam, sliced turkey and cornflakes on toast. The turkey works a bit like peanut butter, only with more of a savory, meaty (duh) flavor. Combined with jam, it reminds me of honey-glazed ham, only even more sweet and savory. The cornflakes taste neutral, but they give the sandwichThe Sinner's Sandwich is the greatest sandwich invented since its peanut butter-based cousin. It's strawberry jam, sliced turkey and cornflakes on toast. The turkey works a bit like peanut butter, only with more of a savory, meaty (duh) flavor. Combined with jam, it reminds me of honey-glazed ham, only even more sweet and savory. The cornflakes taste neutral, but they give the sandwich this nice crunchy texture. It would probably be even better if the cornflakes were mixed with nuts or dried strawberries. 10/10.

Too bad the game that created it, Deadly Premonition, isn't good at all. The very unique story and characters could have made this game a classic, but the combat is just so outdated and un-fun and the music so loud and inappropriate that they completely kill the game.

0/10, +3 for the sandwich.
  15. Jun 27, 2014
    No entiendo como hay personas que hablan de este juego como uno de culto. Casi todos los apartados son pobres o deficientes. Sólo destaca su mundo abierto a explorar (que tampoco es que sea una montaña rusa de diversión) y la historia, que más que inspirarse en Twin Peaks, lo plagia descaradamente, calcando hasta algunas secuencias. Por lo que no sé dónde está ese mérito que algunos venNo entiendo como hay personas que hablan de este juego como uno de culto. Casi todos los apartados son pobres o deficientes. Sólo destaca su mundo abierto a explorar (que tampoco es que sea una montaña rusa de diversión) y la historia, que más que inspirarse en Twin Peaks, lo plagia descaradamente, calcando hasta algunas secuencias. Por lo que no sé dónde está ese mérito que algunos ven para darle un 10. Expand

It's a shame that so many gamers will never even hear about FBI Special Agent Francis York Morgan and the Raincoat Killer, because the game has so much to offer.
  2. Feb 3, 2011
    Deadly Premonition is the unlikely meeting of Shenmue, Silent Hill and GTA, in a Twin Peaks setting... An unexpected mix that comes bundled with awful visuals and terribly old-school gameplay, but remains full of interesting things to discover. It mesmerizes the player thanks to a strange atmosphere, a compelling story, a cast of weird but terribly consistent characters, and a solid storytelling... In short, this is a unique gaming experience that will be be rewarding to players who can actually... endure it! See for yourself if you're ready to dismiss big (big) gameplay and visual shortcomings, to eventually discover a little shiny treasure... The cheap price (25 euros) may help you take that risk.
  3. Jan 31, 2011
    You may love or hate Deadly Premonition and its pure heart hidden beneath errors, strange structure and PlayStation 2 graphics. Don't get fooled by the outside, there are plenty of good things hidden beneath this rough surface.