8.3

1. Apr 3, 2015
    Should I buy? - Yes, at a reduced rate.

Summary: Fresh and often brilliant, it's also very flawed, tedious and ultimately unsatisfying. But it's definitely worth experiencing. A total Twin Peaks rip off, it heavily nods towards the series and also other such murder based media such as The Shining, yet it still remains fresh and original enough to keep you interested. What makes
    Should I buy? - Yes, at a reduced rate.

What makes the game is how it draws you in. There's 27 chapters, but the first 20 or so are
    superbly crafted in terms of atmosphere and setup. You get sucked in to this wonderful world
    and, if you can allow yourself to bare with the game mechanics, feel part of this community as
    your investigation proceeds.

However, those mechanics and the game designed can be a pain to live with. To be honest, the
    combat isn't as bad as people make out and it can often be fun, what is bad though is the
    repetitiveness of it all and towards the last 5 chapters it just becomes very, very tedious.

But the way the game plays with light and shade, the humour and lightheardedness which feel very
    60's sitcom-esq suddenly interupted by the grizzly shenanigans of twistedness such as murder
    or child abuse etc. just works superbly.

It's a hard grind to finish, and I did leave feeling a bit unsatisfied with some of the characters being underdeveloped and an ending not to my taste, but it was still a great experience overall, and even if you only play the first 3/4's it's a must-experience game for me.
  2. Oct 3, 2014
    This is one of my five favorite games from the last console era. It's atmospheric, weird, funny, spooky and just very, very special. It has issues here and there, technically. Don't expect an intensely polished game. For what's missing on that front you'll get the most imaginative characters, music and overall design of all video game history, which more than makes up for it. There'sThis is one of my five favorite games from the last console era. It's atmospheric, weird, funny, spooky and just very, very special. It has issues here and there, technically. Don't expect an intensely polished game. For what's missing on that front you'll get the most imaginative characters, music and overall design of all video game history, which more than makes up for it. There's plenty of things to do, the story is great, the dialogue is intriguing and funny, sometimes bizarre and disturbing. But the one thing this game does like none other is basically not describable in mere words: It's filling the room you're playing in with atmosphere. It's conveying the feeling of its crazy world with ease and never feels boring or uninspired. A weird master piece. Expand
  3. Sep 22, 2014
    This is the weirdest, ugliest, buggiest game I've ever played... but it's so good despite all that. The story and characters, the strange mechanics, the ugly but charming graphics - it's an odd, yet wonderful creation. Something you must approach with an open mind to truly appreciate.

Please give it a chance.
  4. Jul 20, 2014
    THIS IS BY FAR THE BEST GAME I HAVE EVER PLAYED. I LOVED THIS GAME. THIS GAME TOOK ME OVER 15HOURS. AND PROBABLY WILL TAKE YOU OVER 20+ HOURS IF YOU TRY TO DO SIDEQUESTS AND SUCH. The story really pulls you in, you feel the connection and its really fun and interesting. MUST BUY NAO.
  5. Jun 27, 2014
    No entiendo como hay personas que hablan de este juego como uno de culto. Casi todos los apartados son pobres o deficientes. Sólo destaca su mundo abierto a explorar (que tampoco es que sea una montaña rusa de diversión) y la historia, que más que inspirarse en Twin Peaks, lo plagia descaradamente, calcando hasta algunas secuencias. Por lo que no sé dónde está ese mérito que algunos venNo entiendo como hay personas que hablan de este juego como uno de culto. Casi todos los apartados son pobres o deficientes. Sólo destaca su mundo abierto a explorar (que tampoco es que sea una montaña rusa de diversión) y la historia, que más que inspirarse en Twin Peaks, lo plagia descaradamente, calcando hasta algunas secuencias. Por lo que no sé dónde está ese mérito que algunos ven para darle un 10. Expand
  6. Jun 12, 2014
    Yes, you've heard it all before, the gameplay/audio/graphics suck. The fact is, the story and characters are so well written and enthralling that it is easy to look past the many design flaws. Like a good TV show, I wanted to continue playing after each "episode" just to see what would happen next! This game provides a rare chance to truly experience something unique; any production - beYes, you've heard it all before, the gameplay/audio/graphics suck. The fact is, the story and characters are so well written and enthralling that it is easy to look past the many design flaws. Like a good TV show, I wanted to continue playing after each "episode" just to see what would happen next! This game provides a rare chance to truly experience something unique; any production - be it a movie, play, TV show, video game, book - yearns to provide this sort of connectedness with the viewer. This is only the 2nd time I have teared up at a video game (the first being Final Fantasy X) and I feel genuinely fulfilled to have spent 20+ hours in this odd, beautiful, disturbing, and sometimes humorous game. Expand
  7. Apr 28, 2014
    An oddity to say the least. Easily one of the most bizarre, intrigueing and riveting games ever made. The gameplay and graphics are not so great but, the storyline is so bizarre, it more than compensates for it.
  8. Mar 21, 2014
    I absolutely hated this game when starting off. I was very close on many occasions to switching off, one of the best decisions I ever made was to carry on. Once you "understand" the game and get to grips with the bad points of the game (and there are many when compared to a polished game such as GTA), you will then discover something so unique that it truly can be described as a one off.I absolutely hated this game when starting off. I was very close on many occasions to switching off, one of the best decisions I ever made was to carry on. Once you "understand" the game and get to grips with the bad points of the game (and there are many when compared to a polished game such as GTA), you will then discover something so unique that it truly can be described as a one off. Once you get passed that point, you will find so much positives in this game that you will forget or at the very least forgive the bad aspects such as graphics.

The story is insane, but still gripping as you want to know what will happen in the end. The characters are both cheesy and intriguing (which i dint realise could even be possible) and the world feels real.

If you have an attention span longer than an hour and the patients to dig deep then buy this. You will not regret it.
  9. Feb 15, 2014
    This game was an entirely unique experience. Deadly Premonition had a truly likable main character. This is so rare in modern games. This overshadows any flaws it may have had.
  10. Nov 20, 2013
    This game sucks. It looks horrible the combat is awful, the audio mixing is atrocious, and there are points in the story where you just pull your hair out in confused rage. But I still think this is one of the most enjoyable games I have played in a very long time. To put it best... "It's so bad it's good". You should really get this game, it's pretty cheap on XBLA.

Don't you think, Zach?
  11. Aug 9, 2013
    This game is by far the worst game i have ever played. terrible controls, story & everything imaginable. why did the developers bother, most overrated game ever, of all time plus it has no Three Dog
  12. Jun 17, 2013
    Well, the game it self is a mix of the survival horror part (witch includes resident evil, silent hill and clock tower) and open world part (like L.A.Noire, GTA and sims). Total product is hard to rate. Althougt the originaly mix, from point of gameply view it loses fun to any game that included in mix. From the point of graphics only games at Wii are worse. But the storyline willWell, the game it self is a mix of the survival horror part (witch includes resident evil, silent hill and clock tower) and open world part (like L.A.Noire, GTA and sims). Total product is hard to rate. Althougt the originaly mix, from point of gameply view it loses fun to any game that included in mix. From the point of graphics only games at Wii are worse. But the storyline will interest you and will not let you free, until the game end. Not always we are getting good Storylines with a good characters. So, if you like story games, you need to try it. Another problems are controls they are made in resident evil 4 styles. But you will quickly get accustomed to it. Expand
  13. Jun 9, 2013
    Deadly Premonition is not a game in the sense that it's button-mashing mania, fun for reactions to the pad or the decisive actions, it's an experience as Journey is, very Kafka-esque as an absorbing murder mystery. You have freedoms, and many idiosyncratic features which are cumbersome but uniquely enjoyable, with quirks which are entertaining as the peak of any B-Movie.

The game is

The game is visionary for innovative gameplay and although it's flawed, the focus of an engrossing, surreal world is unparalleled.
  14. Jun 8, 2013
    The first thing that will strike you about Deadly Premonition is the poor (particularly by Xbox360 standards) graphics, this is a budget title make no mistake. For at least the first half-hour your opinion is unlikely to change as you are forced to try and shoot an endless parade of repetitive enemies using controls that would not feel out of place in the original Resident Evil on PSone.The first thing that will strike you about Deadly Premonition is the poor (particularly by Xbox360 standards) graphics, this is a budget title make no mistake. For at least the first half-hour your opinion is unlikely to change as you are forced to try and shoot an endless parade of repetitive enemies using controls that would not feel out of place in the original Resident Evil on PSone.

However give the game time and it may grow on you, this is basically Twin Peaks: The Video game, with lead character Francis 'York' Morgan forced to interact with a series of bizarre characters in an attempt to solve the murder of a local young girl. There are moments of genuine comedy and the crazy cast will draw you into the story until you really do want to find out just what is going on in this town. Whether you will enjoy this game or not basically depends on whether you can overlook the outdated graphics and controls, as well at the totally dull shooting sections, but it is certainly not like anything else I've ever played.
  15. Mar 19, 2013
    Deadly Premonition brings us a fresh and somewhat nostalgic feel to to modern gaming that we really dont get to see that often unfortunately. The story follows a unique and quirky FBI Agent who goes by the name; Francis "York" Morgan, York has an odd tendency to talk to himself and often referes to some called "Zach" who is assumed to be somewhat of an imaginary friend. York is sent toDeadly Premonition brings us a fresh and somewhat nostalgic feel to to modern gaming that we really dont get to see that often unfortunately. The story follows a unique and quirky FBI Agent who goes by the name; Francis "York" Morgan, York has an odd tendency to talk to himself and often referes to some called "Zach" who is assumed to be somewhat of an imaginary friend. York is sent to investigate a peaceful town named "Greendale" where all is not as it seems due to recent murders in local forests, and the killer is rumored to be a that of a folklore tale. The graphics are nothing to write home about but are easy overlooked by the high quality of the unforgettable characters you will meet and phenomenal tale it tells.

Deadly premonition should not be passed up by any hardcore gamer and is one the most interesting games I have played in years.
  16. Feb 19, 2013
    This is one of, if not the, weirdest, most bizarre game I've ever played. It's awful yet amazing, ugly yet beautiful, boring yet very interesting. The controls are horrendous, the graphics are bad, and the sound effects are the worst you'll ever hear! How can a game which does so much wrong and feels and looks so amateurish get so many great reviews. Easy enough. If you'll be able to lookThis is one of, if not the, weirdest, most bizarre game I've ever played. It's awful yet amazing, ugly yet beautiful, boring yet very interesting. The controls are horrendous, the graphics are bad, and the sound effects are the worst you'll ever hear! How can a game which does so much wrong and feels and looks so amateurish get so many great reviews. Easy enough. If you'll be able to look through the graphics and mechanics 'n everything, you'll find a pearl of a game. Something so atmospheric and beautiful in it's gruesomeness it'll stay with you for probably quite a while. The characters are quite intriguing and the voice-acting isn't bad at all. At some points the game is slow. Especially when driving around town from point A to B. Just sit tight, give it time and try to enjoy everything the story has to offer. It's not a hard game also but the story is interesting enough to keep you wondering. It'll take you about 20 hours to beat the main story line and besides that there are plenty of side quests and other mysteries to solve. If you're able to have some patience and look through the sloppy graphics and repetitive sound effects you'll experience an great and unique game. I agree that if this would've came out ten years ago, it would've been respected a lot more. Just give it a chance. If not, don't give it a 1 or judge it by just its looks. Expand
  17. Jan 6, 2013
    Just incredible! one of the best games of this generation. Imagine if it´s incredible that even the poor controls, poor graphics can not eclipse the fantastic of the game. This is a game full of charisma.
  18. Nov 14, 2012
    This game should be bad, everything about it from the get go looks like its a poor ps2 game ported onto the 360. However if you can look past the graphical style you will be pleasantly surprised with what i would consider one of the best games this generation. The game has a charm like no other and Agent York is in my opinion one of the best Video game characters to date. I highlyThis game should be bad, everything about it from the get go looks like its a poor ps2 game ported onto the 360. However if you can look past the graphical style you will be pleasantly surprised with what i would consider one of the best games this generation. The game has a charm like no other and Agent York is in my opinion one of the best Video game characters to date. I highly recommend picking this one up and sticking to it past the shoddy graphics Expand
  19. Oct 29, 2012
    While borderline unusable controls, hideously outdated graphics and often repetitive gameplay should be the death knell of any current gen title, Deadly Premonition has an almost indefinable something that makes it a must play despite its failings. The story also borderlines on the ridiculous but it's in there that you find the charm, I actually "cared" about the people in the game, whatWhile borderline unusable controls, hideously outdated graphics and often repetitive gameplay should be the death knell of any current gen title, Deadly Premonition has an almost indefinable something that makes it a must play despite its failings. The story also borderlines on the ridiculous but it's in there that you find the charm, I actually "cared" about the people in the game, what became of them and once the story was told, I had that sense of loss that comes at the end of a good book, a response I've seldom, if ever, had to a game.

A unique experience, certainly not one that's going to be enjoyed by all.
  20. Oct 5, 2012
    Yeah, so what it's flawed? This game is nothing but pure entertainment. Story, characters, humor, town. All of it is just so enjoyable and memorable, I can't help but love it. I really hope the guy behind it, Swery, makes another and puts it on Kickstarter. I will gladly donate :D
  21. Aug 21, 2012
    I can only agree whole heartedly with every positive thing all these fans are saying. This was one of the first games I played and I did not have a lot to compare it with but loved it. Since then I have played over 100 games and it continues to be one of my absolute favourites, along with Half Life 2, Portal, Bio shock to name a few. It is the most unique and funny game along withI can only agree whole heartedly with every positive thing all these fans are saying. This was one of the first games I played and I did not have a lot to compare it with but loved it. Since then I have played over 100 games and it continues to be one of my absolute favourites, along with Half Life 2, Portal, Bio shock to name a few. It is the most unique and funny game along with being super scary. It does have its flaws, the controls and some wicked hard quick time events but it is so worth your time. If you were a fan of Twin Peaks you must play this game. This is a very special game and you should give it a try. Expand
  22. Aug 21, 2012
    A truly atrocious game. It's an ugly, buggy, clunky, inscrutable mess. The only explanation I can think of for all the praise it gets is that the hideous graphics, jerky animations, and mind-bogglingly clumsy controls 'cause some people to have a stroke and think that they must actually be enjoying the game. That or it's some sort of emotional defense mechanism to help justify the completeA truly atrocious game. It's an ugly, buggy, clunky, inscrutable mess. The only explanation I can think of for all the praise it gets is that the hideous graphics, jerky animations, and mind-bogglingly clumsy controls 'cause some people to have a stroke and think that they must actually be enjoying the game. That or it's some sort of emotional defense mechanism to help justify the complete waste of time that any play of this game is. Expand
  23. Jul 9, 2012
    This game already has cult status within 2 years after its release. It's a must buy for any serious gamer out there with an interest for good movies or television. The game is a love letter to Twin Peaks (early nineties tv-series). Don't be folled by the poor controls or graphics. Get past the first two chapters and you will be sold!
    Finish the game and give your user score here and lets
    Finish the game and give your user score here and lets prove all that IGN (score 2) is just a commercial site with not the game(r) in mind.
  24. Jun 3, 2012
    The gameplay is awful and the whole time side of the game is flawed, however the style and scares are absolutely brilliant, and the crappy graphics add to this bizarre brilliance. The character development is so strange and the whole setting is quite obviously based off of Twin Peaks. Unfortunately the brilliance behind the game's bizarre style and story is hindered greatly by the mediocreThe gameplay is awful and the whole time side of the game is flawed, however the style and scares are absolutely brilliant, and the crappy graphics add to this bizarre brilliance. The character development is so strange and the whole setting is quite obviously based off of Twin Peaks. Unfortunately the brilliance behind the game's bizarre style and story is hindered greatly by the mediocre gameplay mechanics. Expand
  25. May 8, 2012
    If Deadly Premonition is not a cult, then I don't know what is. There is no meh about this game. You either love it, or hate it. Whether intentionally or not, the game is similar to several different titles. Most survival horror fans will remember Silent Hill and will be right. Many aspects of the game are similar; Main character who's been affected by an event in his past, which is to beIf Deadly Premonition is not a cult, then I don't know what is. There is no meh about this game. You either love it, or hate it. Whether intentionally or not, the game is similar to several different titles. Most survival horror fans will remember Silent Hill and will be right. Many aspects of the game are similar; Main character who's been affected by an event in his past, which is to be uncovered in the game, transition from "normal" world to "other" world and the friggin' weird Japanese humor which lots of us love. That being said, Deadly Premonition isn't trying to be the new Silent Hill. It is completely different experience. To me, the major similarity was the ending - because I felt exactly the same after finishing Deadly Premonition as I felt after finishing Silent Hill 2 all those years ago; unsure whether be happy or sad. That feel of a bright sunrise after a devastating storm. Francis York Morgan is, as described in the game, surreal. If you like the game, you automatically love the character, isn't that right, Zach? Although he's the model of an FBI agent, his social skills are somewhat questionable, which creates many awkward and funny moments. What was that Zach? She wasn't offering gasoline discount? Time is an important factor in Deadly Premonition. There is no escape from it. Missions relevant to the main investigation start at predetermined time and location and you better not be late. The time between missions is just as interesting as missions themselves. Aside from relaxing activities, like fishing, playing darts, visiting haunted locations, coffee fortune-telling, collecting medals or driving through the town 80 miles per hour, there are tons of side missions and events. One hour in-game is equal to 20 minutes in real life, which is still much longer than in most games. Stores aren't open 24/7, their owners and other people aren't standing in one location all the time and even York must submit to the unstoppable force of time by eating, sleeping, shaving and cleaning his clothes. Yes, you will have to do those things, otherwise you might come to the unpleasant realization that those unfashionable dots surrounding Francis are not a flaw of the GPU, but regular flies. So should you buy or not? Do! Because even if you won't like it, few years from now, there will be collectors wanting to own physical copy of the game and will be willing to pay the price of a new AAA title for it. Expand
  26. Apr 25, 2012
    It's as if the developer just wanted to make a simple Resident Evil 4 copy and cash in on a miniscule budget but the publisher decided to force it onto a next gen system and bring in a demented maniac to spice it up. Swery 65 is that maniac and he'll have you collecting human bones, unwillingly learning about different types of marsupials, swerving all over the road and in-betweenIt's as if the developer just wanted to make a simple Resident Evil 4 copy and cash in on a miniscule budget but the publisher decided to force it onto a next gen system and bring in a demented maniac to spice it up. Swery 65 is that maniac and he'll have you collecting human bones, unwillingly learning about different types of marsupials, swerving all over the road and in-between unnatural grassy landscapes, babbling to your imaginary friend about 80's B horror movies, and chatting to mannequin locals with a heavy emphasis on misplaced pauses and strained expressions. The whole experience is surreal and awkward and wrong, like the game is constantly holding back a "gotcha! here's the real game..." admission. But that moment never comes and this refusal to bend to typical video game mores helps prove that broken game worlds like the one crazy ol' Francis York Morgan inhabits are welcome in their weird bravado but ultimately are best left as a novelty. Expand
  27. Mar 25, 2012
    This is the weirdest game I've played in a while, mainly because it really challenges the question, "what makes a good game?" If you look at one side of things, i.e the presentation and gameplay, it's one of the worst games of this generation. If you look past that, however, at the story and characters, Deadly Premonition truly is a gem. A bat-sh*t crazy, disturbing gem.

Graphics-At its

Graphics-At its best, the game looks like a low quality launch title. At its worst, it still looks like a launch title, just for the PS2. Character models and interiors look pretty decent, it's when you step outside that the game really attacks your eyes. You can get used to it, but it's still pretty bad

Sound-The games soundtrack is a real mix of all sorts of odd tunes, and it's often completely inappropriate for the situation at hand. You'll find a gutted murder victim, only for a cheerful folk tune to start playing in the background. That being said, the soundtrack is also oddly catchy, and some songs actually tug at the heartstrings pretty well, and like the rest of the game, some of the songs are very reminiscent of Twin Peaks. Sound effects are laughably terrible, and sound like something out of an old Hanna-Barbera cartoon. Voice acting, however, is surprisingly solid, and it actually gets you attached to the characters.

Gameplay-You know, I don't get the complaints for this section that much. Sure, the gameplay isn't superb, but it gets the job done, albeit a little slowly and clunky. Same goes for the driving, it's not great, but it works, and you never have to race or anything, so it's really not that big of an issue. What is an issue, however, is the map. This is an open world game with plenty of side-quests and hidden items that expand the compelling story, yet the map you use to find your way around is about as useful as a hammer without a head. It's completely broken and useless. You're better off making your own map from driving around and memorizing the game. I'm not kidding.

Story-This is where the game shines. Its story starts out eerily reminiscent of Twin Peaks, but escalates into something more focused, and in my opinion, more compelling than anything Dale Cooper and the gang get up to. It's got a bittersweet ending that will leave you craving more Agent York

Deadly premonition has some gaping flaws that will no doubt keep some people from enjoying it, but behind the wall of sh*t is a truly interesting world and story, and the game is so affordable, that I can't help but recommend it, just to see the story.

28. Mar 2, 2012
    Ugh, a really bigger mistake, this impossible game title is boring, and the reason of the "impossible" is because you don't play much, the story is good, but have some biggest problems, the camera, the controls, all in this game is a biggest mistake. I think that Ignition Entertainment do a sequel need better elements, because the elements on Deadly Premonition are terrible. In definitiveUgh, a really bigger mistake, this impossible game title is boring, and the reason of the "impossible" is because you don't play much, the story is good, but have some biggest problems, the camera, the controls, all in this game is a biggest mistake. I think that Ignition Entertainment do a sequel need better elements, because the elements on Deadly Premonition are terrible. In definitive this game sucks. Expand
  29. Jan 16, 2012
    This is an amazing experience, you will encounter if you have a faible for videogames. Its hommages to x-files, twin peaks, superb horror games like resident evil or silent hill and his crazy story makes it the best videogame of all time.

Its great that the game even sold a lot, so buy more copies :-)
  30. Dec 12, 2011
    Not a great game, perhaps not even good, but it's got personality... and personality goes a long way. Mediocre graphics (probably the worst i've seen on x360). Uninspired and repetitive combat. Bizarre yet quite interesting story, very much like a David Lynch's Film.
  31. Nov 24, 2011
    If you like Call of Duty, or any of the pointless "flash, boom, run, shoot!" titles of today...
    It's probable you won't have the mental capacity to enjoy this beautiful creation.
  32. Nov 21, 2011
    One of the best and underrated games of this generation.
    We need more games like this one. The only bad points are the graphics and the achievements for the Xbox 360 version of the game.
  33. Nov 13, 2011
    What a **** game !! Really, I'm sure fake users have been created to boost this score to the current 8.3 level...ridiculous, what a waste of time ! Do not be fooled -- listen to the critics and save your money.
  34. Nov 7, 2011
    If you're a gamer that can overlook the technical façade of a game, you'll find in Deadly Premonition a fantastic game. It might look as a PS2 game port in terms of graphics, but the narrative, characters, and story elements are a master piece. You'll enjoy an intrincated story in a weird town. Deep and well-rounded characters will reveil as you investigate further. LookingIf you're a gamer that can overlook the technical façade of a game, you'll find in Deadly Premonition a fantastic game. It might look as a PS2 game port in terms of graphics, but the narrative, characters, and story elements are a master piece. You'll enjoy an intrincated story in a weird town. Deep and well-rounded characters will reveil as you investigate further. Looking for simple comparatives, this might seem as a combination of a Silent Hill game and Twin Peaks TV show story. If you like any of these two, do not hesitate on getting a copy of this game. It can be find pretty cheap now.
    It's a pitty that a game such as this, just for not having a AAA technical aspect, didn't have much impact despite of having a lot of innovation in its game mechanics and story narrative.
  35. Oct 10, 2011
    You have to give the developers credit. What they were able to do on such a minimal budget is impressive. Not only have they crafted an overall fine game, but they effectively revitalized a long since dead genre, action-adventure. Technical shortfalls aside, this game is packed with content, much of which you would compare more to a full retail product, than to a title that you wouldYou have to give the developers credit. What they were able to do on such a minimal budget is impressive. Not only have they crafted an overall fine game, but they effectively revitalized a long since dead genre, action-adventure. Technical shortfalls aside, this game is packed with content, much of which you would compare more to a full retail product, than to a title that you would expect to see on store shelves for twenty dollars. Good characters, nice voice-acting, and an interesting story is what drives this game. It is a title all it's own, and it revels in the in-your-face weirdness seen from beginning to end. While the narrative of the game is far above the average for today's games, the same can't be said for the gameplay - the weakest part of the game. At first glance, Deadly Premonition seems like a Resident Evil 4 clone, with it's over the shoulder camera. This is far from the case. If there were one word to define Deadly Premonition's gameplay, it would be "clunky". Lining up headshots feels sluggish and very deliberate, and York (the game's protagonist) controls heavier than you would like. When everything is said and done, Deadly Premonition is a rather worthwhile title. While the technical shortfalls are sure to turn many people away, those with a bit of patience, and a taste for the bizarre, or those who are simply looking for a Shenmue-esque experience should really take a look. Expand
  36. Aug 14, 2011
    Yes it's whole heartedly inspired by Twin Peaks, but DP is also very unique. The town of greenvale is very immersive. There's so many places to go, so much going on, that you can drive around for ages just sight seeing, grabbing collectibles, doing side quests, fishing and shopping, The game never makes you feel like you're being rushed. Everything about the title screams cult classic. TheYes it's whole heartedly inspired by Twin Peaks, but DP is also very unique. The town of greenvale is very immersive. There's so many places to go, so much going on, that you can drive around for ages just sight seeing, grabbing collectibles, doing side quests, fishing and shopping, The game never makes you feel like you're being rushed. Everything about the title screams cult classic. The music, the dialouge, the story...it's just so captivating and memorable. I've been a gamer for years - and I have to say this game is definitely in my top five. Oh yeah - and it's also inspired by Shemue. Convinced yet? Expand
  37. Jul 21, 2011
    Trash, but not the fun kind. Feels like the concept and ideas which sound quite good were well beyond the capabilities of the development team, resulting in GameCube visuals and horrid controls. Driving around which you have to do a lot can make you want to go hang yourself.
  38. Jun 13, 2011
    Genuinely THE best storyline of any game I have ever played. This game kept me coming back for more like no other! Yes, the controls could be better, the character's mannerisms are ludicrous and the background music is often outrageously inappropriate but all of these quirks are ultimately endearing. Hate it or love it (I LOVE IT!), Deadly Premonition is one experience you will NEVER forget!
  39. Jun 13, 2011
    The Sinner's Sandwich is the greatest sandwich invented since its peanut butter-based cousin. It's strawberry jam, sliced turkey and cornflakes on toast. The turkey works a bit like peanut butter, only with more of a savory, meaty (duh) flavor. Combined with jam, it reminds me of honey-glazed ham, only even more sweet and savory. The cornflakes taste neutral, but they give the sandwichThe Sinner's Sandwich is the greatest sandwich invented since its peanut butter-based cousin. It's strawberry jam, sliced turkey and cornflakes on toast. The turkey works a bit like peanut butter, only with more of a savory, meaty (duh) flavor. Combined with jam, it reminds me of honey-glazed ham, only even more sweet and savory. The cornflakes taste neutral, but they give the sandwich this nice crunchy texture. It would probably be even better if the cornflakes were mixed with nuts or dried strawberries. 10/10.

Too bad the game that created it, Deadly Premonition, isn't good at all. The very unique story and characters could have made this game a classic, but the combat is just so outdated and un-fun and the music so loud and inappropriate that they completely kill the game.

0/10, +3 for the sandwich.
  40. Jun 3, 2011
    A great game. It starts kind of slow, but becomes amazing as it continues. It also has an enormous amount of sidequests in addition to the main quest, which creates the game's unique atmosphere.
  41. May 5, 2011
    This is an amazing game. Even leaving aside the value proposition (it's only $20), Deadly Premonition offers an interesting setting and bizzare characters. The catch is that to enjoy what this game has to offer, you have to suspend your disbelief, and possibly your good taste. This is a goofy survival horror romp through a japanese version of Twin Peaks, and while the payoff is immense,This is an amazing game. Even leaving aside the value proposition (it's only $20), Deadly Premonition offers an interesting setting and bizzare characters. The catch is that to enjoy what this game has to offer, you have to suspend your disbelief, and possibly your good taste. This is a goofy survival horror romp through a japanese version of Twin Peaks, and while the payoff is immense, getting there can sometimes be a bit of a slog. Expand
  42. Feb 21, 2011
    deadly premonition started off as a funny B rated movie and then slowly became one of the best games I've ever played. At first it seemed like a cheesy story that didnt take itself to seriously and devolved into a masterpiece (in my Opinion). This underrated game is a benchmark in video game character development and story telling. great characters, great story, nostalgic gameplay and somedeadly premonition started off as a funny B rated movie and then slowly became one of the best games I've ever played. At first it seemed like a cheesy story that didnt take itself to seriously and devolved into a masterpiece (in my Opinion). This underrated game is a benchmark in video game character development and story telling. great characters, great story, nostalgic gameplay and some laugh out loud comedy. If you have the patients to play old ps2 era games you will love this game. hope i see a DP 2 and that it gets a good budget because the director deserves it. Expand
  43. Feb 8, 2011
    I'm not sure why so many people have jumped on this brainless, sadistic bandwagon called "Deadly Premonition". The gameplay consists of watching the same zombie bend its spine backwards and explode into purple goo from the shot of your BB sounding gun. The graphics are at least 10 years old. I had glitches and game crashes constantly. The story was practically non existent and certainI'm not sure why so many people have jumped on this brainless, sadistic bandwagon called "Deadly Premonition". The gameplay consists of watching the same zombie bend its spine backwards and explode into purple goo from the shot of your BB sounding gun. The graphics are at least 10 years old. I had glitches and game crashes constantly. The story was practically non existent and certain scenes had virtually no relevance to the rest of the plot. Games like "E.T." or "Big Rigs Racing" are so bad its good. This game is so bad its good and then back to bad again. One of the worst games ive ever endured. It's to stupid to even laugh at. Throw it into the nearest incinerator. Expand
  44. Jan 19, 2011
    Ever think what it would be like if someone mixed together GTA and Resident Evil? Well this game comes pretty close. Never played anything like it and probably never will. The game mechanics are not going to blow you away but the sheer bang for your buck will. 19.99 new for a game that has 3 times the content as any other horror game ive played. It's easily one of the more memorable gamesEver think what it would be like if someone mixed together GTA and Resident Evil? Well this game comes pretty close. Never played anything like it and probably never will. The game mechanics are not going to blow you away but the sheer bang for your buck will. 19.99 new for a game that has 3 times the content as any other horror game ive played. It's easily one of the more memorable games on 360 and I recommend it. Expand
  45. Jan 14, 2011
    Wow, where to start. There is no other game ever that's like this. It's so unique in many ways. First impressions may put you off with the out of date graphics etc but underneath it you have a very charming game thats funny, addictive, has a fantastic story and combines so many different genres of games it's crazy. Amazing all the way through, especially the story. I've completed it 4Wow, where to start. There is no other game ever that's like this. It's so unique in many ways. First impressions may put you off with the out of date graphics etc but underneath it you have a very charming game thats funny, addictive, has a fantastic story and combines so many different genres of games it's crazy. Amazing all the way through, especially the story. I've completed it 4 times. This is a very marmite game, you either love it or hate it and I adore it. Roll on DP2 :D Expand
  46. Dec 15, 2010
    This game is a confusing one. Through its many flaws, them being terrible controls, awful and stagnant level design and PS2 graphics, I am now in love with this game. Its dark humor fantastic and sometimes hilarious soundtrack and its over the top ridiculousness make it amazingly addictive. I had no trouble in playing this for 2-3 hours straight. It has its moments of absolute brillianceThis game is a confusing one. Through its many flaws, them being terrible controls, awful and stagnant level design and PS2 graphics, I am now in love with this game. Its dark humor fantastic and sometimes hilarious soundtrack and its over the top ridiculousness make it amazingly addictive. I had no trouble in playing this for 2-3 hours straight. It has its moments of absolute brilliance for instance the opening sequence will astound you in how well it is put together. You simply HAVE to play it. The amount of atmosphere and tension that this game manages to build up will astound you. The dialogue is incredibly silly but it adds to the overall experience. Imagine every silly and funny line in every video game ever and condense it down into one pot, That's what deadly premonition is. It will leave you thinking 'was this all a joke or were they serious when they made this?' If it was a joke they are geniuses, if they are serious they are geniuses. To sum up, one of the most special video-gaming experiences of the year. You will never play anything like this ever and for £/$ 20 you should definitly take the time to put the F K in your coffee. To be honest I'd rather play this than Alan Wake any day. Expand
  47. Dec 14, 2010
    All I can say is play this game look past the graphics the mechanics and enjoy.if you stick with it and give it a chance I promise you'll have a very rewarding experience
  48. Nov 17, 2010
    Simply stunning - yes it looks awful, yes the control physics are shockingly bad, but the story...one of the most utterly bizarre and compelling tales in modern gaming.

Given the right tools and backing from a major publisher, the guys at Access Games could seriously have a franchise that would equal if not better the early days of Silent Hill. If your idea of a good game is one that

If your idea of a good game is one that looks pretty or has big guns and explosions, then stay well away. But if you want a game that will grip you and have you thinking about it when you're not even playing, then pick up a copy today!
  49. Sep 2, 2010
    Deadly Premonition is a great game. Sure. Not a colossal, or a new Silent Hill, but it's a solid horror game, with a great "David Lynch" atmosphere. We are submerged by FPS and Gears Of War games style. Finally an innovative, disturbing, survival horror.
  50. Aug 14, 2010
    Deadly Premonition, despite its many flaws, is a great game. From the moment you step into Greenvale and start getting to know the inhabitants and your character himself, the ever eccentric FBI special agent Francis York Morgan, you'll know this game is special. No other game has kept me guessing, or amused me, or made me care about its characters more than Deadly Premonition does. WhileDeadly Premonition, despite its many flaws, is a great game. From the moment you step into Greenvale and start getting to know the inhabitants and your character himself, the ever eccentric FBI special agent Francis York Morgan, you'll know this game is special. No other game has kept me guessing, or amused me, or made me care about its characters more than Deadly Premonition does. While there were many things gameplay-wise that clearly shouldn't have been implemented the way they were, the story and characters alone, at least for me, make this game well worth the $20. Expand
  51. Aug 11, 2010
    Let me start off by saying, this game is defiantly worth $20, I feel like I got my money's worth from this game. Deadly Premonition is a dark, gritty, and artistic mafia game. The characters have a well thought out back story, gripping issues plague the futuristic city of Greenvale, a colony on Mars inhabitted by humans. The game starts out with space pirates killing people in bizarreLet me start off by saying, this game is defiantly worth $20, I feel like I got my money's worth from this game. Deadly Premonition is a dark, gritty, and artistic mafia game. The characters have a well thought out back story, gripping issues plague the futuristic city of Greenvale, a colony on Mars inhabitted by humans. The game starts out with space pirates killing people in bizarre ways, such as pinning them to a tree. You and your team of space Sicilians, your love interest Emily was held hostage by the space pirates, that infuriates Francis "York" Morgan, the leader of the mafia and also the character that you play as. The makes him fly into space to rescue his fiancé. He gets helpful advice from his right hand man Zach. There is so many twists and turns in the game that your mind with explode in sheer brilliance. This game is defiantly worth the money, it gets the 10/10 from me, and this game is a misunderstood concept ahead of its time. Expand
  52. Aug 11, 2010
    Deadly premonitions has one of the poorest game controls i have ever seen. Basically they ripped the controls off of resident evil 4. This game has a dark but uplifted story. At one point in the game you could be in a combat scene when all of a sudden an uplifting music comes on. It also has a silent hill feel to it and overall is a generic horror game. The graphics are appalling for 2010.Deadly premonitions has one of the poorest game controls i have ever seen. Basically they ripped the controls off of resident evil 4. This game has a dark but uplifted story. At one point in the game you could be in a combat scene when all of a sudden an uplifting music comes on. It also has a silent hill feel to it and overall is a generic horror game. The graphics are appalling for 2010. It is defiantly not the worst graphics Ive seen on the Xbox 360 but it is close. It is defiantly worth the $20, considering it takes 20+ hours to beat it. the story is ingenious the characters are awesome of course its not meant to be entirely serious but the characters are well played. the sound is alright voice acting sometimes skips. There is allot of side missions which extends the game. The soundtrack is one of the best Ive ever heard. All and all it is a good game, combat is terrible, music is good, story is great, i would defiantly say it is worth a 7/10. Expand
  53. MichaelF.
    May 17, 2010
    Never before have I played a game so horribly made that it's something truly special. Every single aspect of this game works with one another to create a unique experience that I've never had with any other game. The story is incredibly well thought-out, and the dialog is hilariously outstanding. For 20 bones, you'll be hard pressed to find another special piece of art like Never before have I played a game so horribly made that it's something truly special. Every single aspect of this game works with one another to create a unique experience that I've never had with any other game. The story is incredibly well thought-out, and the dialog is hilariously outstanding. For 20 bones, you'll be hard pressed to find another special piece of art like this that will last you a good 20 hours of story time, along with 50 side missions and 64 collectible items, all strewn across a MASSIVE open town that is incredibly believable and loving. Buy this, and don't think twice about it. Expand
  54. RavensL.
    Apr 25, 2010
    Were the graphics bad? Very. Was the sound monotonous? Very. Were the controls broken? Yup. Did I love it anyway? Oh yeah. I can't imagine what these guys could do with a budget and some beta testers.
  55. RalphS.
    Apr 21, 2010
    This game is simply awesome. I paid lesse than 20 bucks for it(almost the price of a XBLA game) and I can´t believe how much there is to be done in the game. The plot is simply amazing and the main charecter is the best I´ve seen in a long time. The graphics are ok (like a HD Ps2 game) and the controls are very old school (kind of mix between Silent Hill and RE4). Just buy it! This game is simply awesome. I paid lesse than 20 bucks for it(almost the price of a XBLA game) and I can´t believe how much there is to be done in the game. The plot is simply amazing and the main charecter is the best I´ve seen in a long time. The graphics are ok (like a HD Ps2 game) and the controls are very old school (kind of mix between Silent Hill and RE4). Just buy it! It is only 20 bucks! Expand
  56. philZ.
    Apr 14, 2010
    Unfortunately, this game will please few New gamers. It's full of TV series, Games or Books references that are usually unknown for new gamers. But for old 'freak' gamers, this game is a must have and not because it's 'made in japan'. It is the most unbelievable game i played since long. I love the high res squirrel, i love the windshield wipers, i love Unfortunately, this game will please few New gamers. It's full of TV series, Games or Books references that are usually unknown for new gamers. But for old 'freak' gamers, this game is a must have and not because it's 'made in japan'. It is the most unbelievable game i played since long. I love the high res squirrel, i love the windshield wipers, i love coffee prediction and so on. Don't you agree Zach? Expand
  57. miked
    Apr 12, 2010
    I'm a huge horror survival game fan, but this game is awfull. I usually love horror survival games that everyone else hates, but this game has no redeeming qualities at all. Even for 25$ new it;s still overpriced. Bad graphics, horrible story (typical Japanese nonsense)and it's not even a little scary. Other reviews that I've read say revel in it's goofiness. Well if I'm a huge horror survival game fan, but this game is awfull. I usually love horror survival games that everyone else hates, but this game has no redeeming qualities at all. Even for 25$ new it;s still overpriced. Bad graphics, horrible story (typical Japanese nonsense)and it's not even a little scary. Other reviews that I've read say revel in it's goofiness. Well if your I.Q. is that low that something as bad and unentertaining as this game is than go for it, just remember to wear your helmet when outdoors. Expand
  58. DudeR.
    Apr 10, 2010
    From the looks of this game, it really looks like it came from another generation BUT considering the price (20 BUCKS), the sheer amount of stuff you can do in the game, and the fact that its so hilariously bad by today's standards that it clearly does not take itself seriously, this game is probably one of the best-worst games that have come out in a long time.
  59. AdrianW.
    Apr 7, 2010
    Pure rubbish worlds worst game sega saturn had better games than this.These people should be shot for making this. Its awful graphics with dumb story dont buy this game please.
  60. LuisN
    Apr 3, 2010
    This game is so amazing! The soundtrack, graphics, story, and everything just fill me with so much joy that I can't stop loving it. It feels like the greatest unreleased Dreamcast game. At $20 how can you pass this up?
  61. EricJ
    Mar 31, 2010
    When I first heard of Deadly Premonition, it seemed as if there was nothing but scathing comments, either calling it a game with graphics that seem from the PS2, a complete Twin Peaks rip-off, a badly designed game, etc. I will certainly admit that even I thought it seemed sub-par from the title and price tag alone. Generally when I see a game for $20 on release date it definitely gives When I first heard of Deadly Premonition, it seemed as if there was nothing but scathing comments, either calling it a game with graphics that seem from the PS2, a complete Twin Peaks rip-off, a badly designed game, etc. I will certainly admit that even I thought it seemed sub-par from the title and price tag alone. Generally when I see a game for $20 on release date it definitely gives the impression it is not worth the same as a $60 game, and also the impression the game is Expand
  62. MiguelK
    Mar 29, 2010
    I can understand how this game may not work for everyone, but I have no doubts that this will be one of my most memorable gaming experiences this generation. If you are interested in something different, I strongly encourage you to try this game. It has provided me with over 20 hours of truly enjoyable gaming despite of its many minor flaws. I can't think of a better way to spend $20.
  63. JayK
    Mar 28, 2010
    This is one of the most special games ever made. The average bro might hate it, but only because it is so great. This game is funny, unique, fun, with solid fun gameplay. I like the fighting. Do not miss this! It's only $20! Character models are great, backgrounds are ok to poor. Great atmosphere. lots of fun little interactions, things to explore, etc. I would give it a 10 if some This is one of the most special games ever made. The average bro might hate it, but only because it is so great. This game is funny, unique, fun, with solid fun gameplay. I like the fighting. Do not miss this! It's only $20! Character models are great, backgrounds are ok to poor. Great atmosphere. lots of fun little interactions, things to explore, etc. I would give it a 10 if some of the obvious faults were fixed (cars have trouble turning, change of controls accompany weird camera shifts. Whatever. Just get this amazing game. If you don't like it, it's you. Expand
  64. SireaS
    Mar 24, 2010
    I can't remember the last time I've had this much fun playing a game. It's anything but forgettable, and you're going to want to replay it a second time even before beating it the first. It's hilarious, it's stupid, it's ridiculous, and many times you'll be asking yourself, "What the hell am I watching? What's going on?!" But it's also has I can't remember the last time I've had this much fun playing a game. It's anything but forgettable, and you're going to want to replay it a second time even before beating it the first. It's hilarious, it's stupid, it's ridiculous, and many times you'll be asking yourself, "What the hell am I watching? What's going on?!" But it's also has moments where it's just as scary as a Silent Hill game and just as fun as Resident Evil. Just when you think you have this game figured out, it'll throw you another curveball and screw up your game. Anyone who owns an Xbox 360 and doesn't buy this game is doing a severe disservice to themselves. Expand
  65. M
    Mar 15, 2010
    These reviewers who are trashing this game are missing the point...who gives a f**k about "driving physics" in a game that isn't about "driving physics"? This is not a AAA game, and should not be reviewed as one whatsoever. What it is a quirky and cracked non-mainstream game that has as much to do with the films of David Lynch and Lucio Fulci as it does with Resident Evil and Silent These reviewers who are trashing this game are missing the point...who gives a f**k about "driving physics" in a game that isn't about "driving physics"? This is not a AAA game, and should not be reviewed as one whatsoever. What it is a quirky and cracked non-mainstream game that has as much to do with the films of David Lynch and Lucio Fulci as it does with Resident Evil and Silent Hill. It's survival horror, but it's a pretty funny satire of those games and their tones. The game as a whole is hilarious, much funnier than most games that are supposed to be comedic. I'm sorry, but if you can't see that the dev team on this game was TOTALLY in on the joke and you think that there's "wrongheaded decisions" then you're stuck up your own a$$ over what a game should and shouldn't be. The game is near-brilliant with surreal characters, dialogue, and situations that are much more creative and appealing than anything in God of War 3 or other big-budget spectacles. Look at this game like an obscure cult film and you'll enjoy it a lot more...b*tch about the graphics and controls not being on par with $60 games with Hollywood budgets, and you'll hate it. Frankly, I think this game is probably more polished than the first No More Heroes- and if this game had Suda 51 or Grasshopper Manufacture anywhere on it, critics would be hailing it as a post-modern masterpiece. Expand
  66. DavidH
    Mar 15, 2010
    "Deadly Premonition" is this generations "ICO"! Not too many people will play it, but those that do will talk about it for years. Achieving cult status in just over a week of it's launch, this quirky, and highly original IP comes from some of the original creators of the first "Resident Evil" and "Metal Gear Solid" games. Equal parts "Silent Hill", "Resident Evil", and "GTA", this "Deadly Premonition" is this generations "ICO"! Not too many people will play it, but those that do will talk about it for years. Achieving cult status in just over a week of it's launch, this quirky, and highly original IP comes from some of the original creators of the first "Resident Evil" and "Metal Gear Solid" games. Equal parts "Silent Hill", "Resident Evil", and "GTA", this game harkens back to your daddy's old school third-person survival horror. So, if you're longing for puzzles, slow zombies, and survival horror = a genre which is too far and few between in this current generation of consoles, look no further. Sure, the graphics are last-gen, but with witty dialogue, and a cast of characters crazier than "Twin Peaks", you'll quickly become so engrossed in the storyline that you'll overlook that. This is definately the most laugh out loud funniest game ever. You will laugh your ass off! Blending a creepy horror atmosphere with it's funny direction and Japanese sensibilities is a magic that other developers will study and try to capture for years to come. For all of us concerned, I hope "Alan Wake" can deliver, because right now it really has competition! You have to ask yourself: Am I REALLY excited about the next upcoming "Call of Duty" game? Be brave and expand your gaming horizons, you may be surprised. Check out the internet to see what all the buzz is about...professional game reviewers and the media are perplexed. Great graphics do not make a game great...as evidenced by another fun budget title "Earth Defense Force 2017". For the price of 4 trips to your local Starbucks, you can experience one of the most unique games of this generation! Expand
  67. PatrickS
    Mar 13, 2010
    An amazing game based solely on its charm and ability to keep me playing despite Resident Evil (1-3) style controls and Dreamcast+ graphics. Like many games, if you get past the prologue portion it begins to shine. Plus, giant doberman are super creepy.
  68. NathanielR.
    Mar 11, 2010
    One of the most baffling and lovable games to come out in recent years. The gameplay is clunky, the graphics are pretty terrible but this game has more than enough heart and personality to completely negate those issues. The game is completely uncompromising in its structure and tone and the result is both hilarious and compelling. The story slowly unfolds and pulls you in more and more One of the most baffling and lovable games to come out in recent years. The gameplay is clunky, the graphics are pretty terrible but this game has more than enough heart and personality to completely negate those issues. The game is completely uncompromising in its structure and tone and the result is both hilarious and compelling. The story slowly unfolds and pulls you in more and more as it progresses, and the cast of characters are some of the best developed in the medium. And to top it off, this game is a budget game. Truly this game is one of the best surprises I've had the joy of experiencing and for anyone looking for something different and strange should definitely check it out. Expand
  69. ChuckH.
    Mar 11, 2010
    The game takes some time to pick the pace and to get used to. After the second day of investigation things become much more enjoyable: you can buy new cars and weapons and there are far more things to do, after you've unlocked the town's citizens for visit and conversation. It's specially appealing to those a bit older (30ish), who can follow the conversation and game The game takes some time to pick the pace and to get used to. After the second day of investigation things become much more enjoyable: you can buy new cars and weapons and there are far more things to do, after you've unlocked the town's citizens for visit and conversation. It's specially appealing to those a bit older (30ish), who can follow the conversation and game design referrences to B movies and cult classics. This is an investigation game, closer to an RPG than anything else. Of course it could be more beautiful, but this far it's the best surprise of the year. Expand
  70. JamesW.
    Mar 9, 2010
    Possibly the most fun I've had playing a game in a long time. Something about Deadly Premonition just works. And if you have a sense of humor (unlike some people (lookn' at you IGN)) then you'll not regret laying down 25 dollars on this title. Everything about this is a hilarious trainwreck, and it seems the developers were aware of that fact and just ran with it. From the Possibly the most fun I've had playing a game in a long time. Something about Deadly Premonition just works. And if you have a sense of humor (unlike some people (lookn' at you IGN)) then you'll not regret laying down 25 dollars on this title. Everything about this is a hilarious trainwreck, and it seems the developers were aware of that fact and just ran with it. From the obvious Twin Peaks refrences, to finding messages in your coffee, even the American Idiot rip-off that plays during the racing mini-game... everything that goes into Deadly Premonition is pure gold that can be explored on the cheap. If you want to play a murder mystery game, skip Heavy Rain and pick up Deadly Premonition. It has more character, and you won't be sorry. Expand
  71. Justin
    Mar 4, 2010
    This game is garbage. I can't believe that Jim Sterling still has a job at Destructoid, after giving this piece of trash game a 10 out of 10. He is a disgrace to all video game reviewers. This game is the worst of this entire generation, and he shouldn't be aloud to review games if he think this game is anything above a 4 out of 10.
  72. ChrisB
    Mar 3, 2010
    Deadly Premonition deserves so much more credit than it gets now. For a game that costs $25, it has so much value for anyone with a sense of humour. You're not allowed to take this game seriously, simply because it doesn't take itself to be a triple-A title. The soundtrack is unexpectedly catchy, and the sound effects are delightfully quirky. The game doesn't look as bad as Deadly Premonition deserves so much more credit than it gets now. For a game that costs $25, it has so much value for anyone with a sense of humour. You're not allowed to take this game seriously, simply because it doesn't take itself to be a triple-A title. The soundtrack is unexpectedly catchy, and the sound effects are delightfully quirky. The game doesn't look as bad as most have said. Do yourself a favour and laugh with this game. Expand
  73. WacknerGT
    Mar 2, 2010
    It is a small budget game from a small dev. team, but, the elements combined are awesome: B movie style, horror, free roaming, humor, zombies, investigation. Just for trying something that a real person would like to see combined, and not to follow easy trends, this game has cult status. "B game classic" all over. Amazing horror game, just for cool and smart gamers.
  74. JonR.
    Mar 2, 2010
    Beware this game is NOT for everyone. That said, if you are into corny one liners, B-movies, weirdness, inappropriate stories while eating, old 80's movies, or a game that is just unique....give this game a FAIR shot. Most people that don't like it don't get past the prologue. I can promise if you go in open minded and are into this kind of weird off beat thing you most Beware this game is NOT for everyone. That said, if you are into corny one liners, B-movies, weirdness, inappropriate stories while eating, old 80's movies, or a game that is just unique....give this game a FAIR shot. Most people that don't like it don't get past the prologue. I can promise if you go in open minded and are into this kind of weird off beat thing you most likely will have a memorable experience. BEWARE the controls are clumsy the action pretty much consists of killing a few different zombies and the graphics feel like a ps2 game with a shot of steroids. Otherwise if you can bare with that PLAY THIS GAME. I'm off to go tell the future with some coffee. Expand
  75. JamieE
    Mar 2, 2010
    Entertainment is entertainment reguardless the look, I would have paid more for it,mabey not much more but well worth the asking price . A delight , a diamond in the tird . A game with so much character it overlaps the graphics and gameplay. And for the only game to keep a smile on my face from beginning to end, I beleive this weird and fowl display of poop is a masterpeice and deserves Entertainment is entertainment reguardless the look, I would have paid more for it,mabey not much more but well worth the asking price . A delight , a diamond in the tird . A game with so much character it overlaps the graphics and gameplay. And for the only game to keep a smile on my face from beginning to end, I beleive this weird and fowl display of poop is a masterpeice and deserves the appreciation of my score on my face from beginning to end. Expand
  76. Justin
  77. robynk
    Mar 1, 2010
    So terrible it's amazing. It's like Shenmue dragged Twin Peaks into the alleyway to shake it down for its lunch money, and most of the subtler touches make me think it's an entirely intentional, darkly comedic lampooning of the genre. As someone who vastly enjoys survival horror, this was completely worth the money.
  78. WagnerP.
    Mar 1, 2010
    I have been dreaming about a Horror Survival with free roaming lements since the first Silent Hill teased me with the oportunity of explore an whole city engulfed by demonic forces. However SH never delivered, you could not use cars or enter a lot of houses. Then, I dreamed about playing a HORROR B MOVIE after playing Resident Evil: cheesy and crazy over the top story, bad humor and jokes I have been dreaming about a Horror Survival with free roaming lements since the first Silent Hill teased me with the oportunity of explore an whole city engulfed by demonic forces. However SH never delivered, you could not use cars or enter a lot of houses. Then, I dreamed about playing a HORROR B MOVIE after playing Resident Evil: cheesy and crazy over the top story, bad humor and jokes and histerical acting. Never really had my dreams realised. UNTIL NOW! This cheap game DEADLY PREMONITION is the wet dream of any horror game junkie, with all the elements I mencioned combined. It is not pretty, but theweird graphics make it even cooler, the sound is wacky, but it is great, it is all around dreams comming true and I loved every second of it! Also, DESTRUCTOID gave it a TEN. And Destructoid, much as Judge Dreed, IS THE LAW! Expand
  79. JohnF.
    Feb 28, 2010
    Deadly Premonition is by far the single most original and entertaining video game I have ever had the honor of playing. It manages to be hilarious, emotional, and disturbing all at once, and it will never cease to surprise you. Forget the visuals, forget the negative reviews, just play this game. You won't be disappointed.
  80. AaronM.
    Feb 28, 2010
    In order to truly enjoy this game, you have to go into it with the right mindset. It is supposed to be insane. Nothing makes sense, and your character York has multiple personality disorder. There is no such thing as a 4th wall in this game and it is brilliantly done. The graphics aren't as bad as some people are pointing out, though they are far from amazing. The only terrible thing In order to truly enjoy this game, you have to go into it with the right mindset. It is supposed to be insane. Nothing makes sense, and your character York has multiple personality disorder. There is no such thing as a 4th wall in this game and it is brilliantly done. The graphics aren't as bad as some people are pointing out, though they are far from amazing. The only terrible thing I noticed was the ground textures. The combat is a throwback to Resident Evil 4, so if you enjoyed the combat in that you will enjoy the combat in this. The dialogue is surprisingly well done, and the writing is absolutely brilliant. York will discuss 80s movies with you while driving around the rather large city. There are quite a few valid complaints about this game, but if you get the humor and style of it, you will enjoy this immensely. Expand
  81. JohnF.
  82. MagticR.
    Feb 28, 2010
    The game has a genuinely good combat system and well thought out mechanics. This gives all the insanity and generally bad things in the game a free pass. But this combination makes the game absolutely phenomenal because every thing in the game is made to be odd in the most comedic of ways. I'd give examples but they would be ruined if told out of context of everything else in the The game has a genuinely good combat system and well thought out mechanics. This gives all the insanity and generally bad things in the game a free pass. But this combination makes the game absolutely phenomenal because every thing in the game is made to be odd in the most comedic of ways. I'd give examples but they would be ruined if told out of context of everything else in the game. Just remember to go in expecting the worst, 'cause you'll get it and then even more some to the point where some will be literally rolling on the floor, laughing your asses off. Expand
  83. JamesE.
    Feb 26, 2010
    I grew up in the 80s when mario ruled the world, there was no halo, and fall out 3 was unheard of, so to see this game and play it brings back the memories especially of the old resident evil and look were that is today ,this game is smart and quite enjoyable in a supernatual way, for the critics on the game most are spoiled brats who expect perfection out of everything around them and I grew up in the 80s when mario ruled the world, there was no halo, and fall out 3 was unheard of, so to see this game and play it brings back the memories especially of the old resident evil and look were that is today ,this game is smart and quite enjoyable in a supernatual way, for the critics on the game most are spoiled brats who expect perfection out of everything around them and simply pass by the opputunity to know the fundamentals of a well thought up oldschool game that will be well worth the 20$ you spend on it. Expand
  84. JohnD.
    Feb 26, 2010
    Flawed, but brilliant. That's the best way to describe this game in one short sentence. Despite all the many things that make it obvious it's a budget title, the developers put plenty of features and personality in the game to make up for any shortcomings. The story is well-written and interesting, the characters have interesting personalities and are funny, and it has a large Flawed, but brilliant. That's the best way to describe this game in one short sentence. Despite all the many things that make it obvious it's a budget title, the developers put plenty of features and personality in the game to make up for any shortcomings. The story is well-written and interesting, the characters have interesting personalities and are funny, and it has a large open world with many side missions, activities, and things to explore to keep you addicted. And just waiting to hear the next odd and hilarious thing the main character will say is alone enough to keep you playing. So if you like story, immersion, and characterization the most out of a game, and have a good sense of humor, then you should enjoy this game thoroughly. If you only like action games and insist that all game mechanics are perfect in the games you play, then this simply isn't for you. Expand
  85. ErikO
    Feb 25, 2010
    This game has horrible graphics, messed up sound and mundane action. But it makes up for all of that in great atmosphere, a completely bizarre story and a main character that is literally insane. The graphics, despite being ugly, mesh together to create an ugly but believable Northwestern American town, up until the point you try to run over a dog. Just try, see what happens.
  86. JimH
    Feb 25, 2010
    Very odd, sometimes its a horror game, other times its a comedy. For a $20 game, I'm impressed with the amount of dialog recorded. The main character is very strange and you never know what he is going to say next. Give it a try, might be a hard to find game in a few months.
  87. FernandoB
    Feb 24, 2010
    It looks like somebody got Silent Hill, GTA, Resident Evil, Clock Tower and Siren and mx them all. Rip-off here, rip-off there... If the graphics and/or story where at least decent it could worth something. The motion capture sequences seem to be made by a bunch of drunks. Back in 2001 this game would have had an score of 6 or 7, but nearly a decade has passed, so.
  88. AndrewB
    Feb 24, 2010
    I'm being rather generous with my rating, but the game has a lot of value for the $20 price tag. The story will take about 16-20 hours to beet and is surprisingly well thought out. Granted, it doesn't have the greatest gameplay or graphics, and the vehicles in the driving segments handle like ass, but it has a lot of good/unique ideas that are implemented quite nicely. If you I'm being rather generous with my rating, but the game has a lot of value for the $20 price tag. The story will take about 16-20 hours to beet and is surprisingly well thought out. Granted, it doesn't have the greatest gameplay or graphics, and the vehicles in the driving segments handle like ass, but it has a lot of good/unique ideas that are implemented quite nicely. If you don't go in expecting a big-budget AAA game... well, you shouldn't be disappointed. It's well worth the 20 bucks and offers more content than several full-price games out there. Expand
  89. RyanK
    Feb 23, 2010
    Don't let the poor critical reviews fool you, this game is truly something special. If you love the TV show Twin Peaks, quirky characters and writing, nice music and voice work, decent Resident Evil-style combat and aren't a graphics snob, this game is completely worth the $20-25 asking price.
  90. GazzaM
    Feb 23, 2010
    This is simply the worst game ever. I'm don't usually care much about graphics however this game looks like a early ps2 game. The gameplay is basic and boring with broken controls to boot. The dialogue and story is simply cheesy & hilarious. To make matters worse the music is extremely out of place. The worst part of the game however is the enemies. There the most laughable and This is simply the worst game ever. I'm don't usually care much about graphics however this game looks like a early ps2 game. The gameplay is basic and boring with broken controls to boot. The dialogue and story is simply cheesy & hilarious. To make matters worse the music is extremely out of place. The worst part of the game however is the enemies. There the most laughable and pathetic creatures I have seen in a horror game. This game fails on all levels. The most hilarious thing is that this is supposed to be a horror game yet you'll be spending most of your time laughing at how bad it is. The only scary part is that its around 20 hours long and thought of playing it that long really sends a shiver down my spine. I'd give it a 1/10. I was going to give it a 0 however the fact the game is so bad its going to have you burst out in laughter when you play it. The fact it makes you laugh earns it a point even though its unintentional. Expand
  91. Jun 3, 2011

It's a shame that so many gamers will never even hear about FBI Special Agent Francis York Morgan and the Raincoat Killer, because the game has so much to offer.
  2. Feb 3, 2011
    Deadly Premonition is the unlikely meeting of Shenmue, Silent Hill and GTA, in a Twin Peaks setting... An unexpected mix that comes bundled with awful visuals and terribly old-school gameplay, but remains full of interesting things to discover. It mesmerizes the player thanks to a strange atmosphere, a compelling story, a cast of weird but terribly consistent characters, and a solid storytelling... In short, this is a unique gaming experience that will be be rewarding to players who can actually... endure it! See for yourself if you're ready to dismiss big (big) gameplay and visual shortcomings, to eventually discover a little shiny treasure... The cheap price (25 euros) may help you take that risk.
  3. Jan 31, 2011
    You may love or hate Deadly Premonition and its pure heart hidden beneath errors, strange structure and PlayStation 2 graphics. Don't get fooled by the outside, there are plenty of good things hidden beneath this rough surface.