7.4

1. Jul 18, 2013
    The graphics, music and sound effects are high quality. I was able to get through the Awakening capaign fairly easily, but got mopped up on Boderlands. I couldn't complete a single level. There is no difficulty switch and it feels the game is geared towards only a couple possible solutions. To echo Shinigurai's comment very frustrating. I've been playing games for a long time, and fortunately it's rare that I run into games like this where the levels are too extreme. Expand

A great value on Xbox Live Arcade. It's a fantastic tower defense game, costs half what it does on PC, and throws in bonus levels for us. Strategy games aren't everyone's cup of tea, but if you count yourself a devotee of the genre you won't want to miss this one.
  2. It's still just another Tower Defence game, but at least this one requires some genuine strategy.
  3. The pinnacle of design for tower-defense games, and not just because of its fancy Gamebryo-powered 3D graphics. It’s challenging and complex without breaking the same simple rules that all tower-defense games follow, even the most unsophisticated ones. Taking a simple yet classic game design, then adding depth and polish to it, is probably the purest way to make a great game.