7.3

1. NickBrooks
    Sep 15, 2009
    Pretty much perfect implementation of a tower defence game, lots of small tweaks and features that show attention to detail. Graphics and voiceover are also very polished.
    Such a shame the metacritic score is dragged down by the idiotic 60 from Teletext (that great bastion of gaming journalism), who admits that it's a great game, but gives it a low score because he doesn't like tower defence games (hint - get someone to review it who at least likes the genre/concept).
  2. JackB.
    Sep 7, 2009
    This game pretty much has all the reasonable things to expect from a quality game. the graphics are good, the concept is solid (although an unoriginal one), but executed well. i have a few other similar games to this, Plants Vs Zombies, Ninja Town, Locks Quest, Crystal Defenders, and i have tried Savage Moon, but this game still kept me interested all the way through. if you like this This game pretty much has all the reasonable things to expect from a quality game. the graphics are good, the concept is solid (although an unoriginal one), but executed well. i have a few other similar games to this, Plants Vs Zombies, Ninja Town, Locks Quest, Crystal Defenders, and i have tried Savage Moon, but this game still kept me interested all the way through. if you like this type of game then i really do recommend getting this, it really is that good even after playing through many other similar games. Expand
  3. AnthonyP
    Sep 8, 2009
    Excellent game at a fantastic price. This game, with 4 fewer levels, retailed on the PC for $19.99, and I strongly considered buying it. Coming out on the Xbox for half that price makes it a fantastic deal for anyone who might even consider liking the tower defense genre. I'm a big fan of those games so I'm slightly biased, but this is an excellent example of TD design. It does Excellent game at a fantastic price. This game, with 4 fewer levels, retailed on the PC for $19.99, and I strongly considered buying it. Coming out on the Xbox for half that price makes it a fantastic deal for anyone who might even consider liking the tower defense genre. I'm a big fan of those games so I'm slightly biased, but this is an excellent example of TD design. It does have a lot of the normal towers (fast machine gun, splash damage, "poison", slow, anti-air, etc.), but they work together very well and have a few non-standard towers and features as well. The presentation is excellent and it feels much more controlled and well put together than the similar Savage Moon on the PS3. It does have a few interface hiccups (I should be able to easily see what medals I have an haven't earned), and I have no idea why there isn't a "get gold in everything" achievement, or why their scoring system is so strange, but all that said there's a ton of content at an unbeatable price. Inclusions of fast-forward and flash-back buttons are welcome additions, though the flash-back does risk making the game a bit easy. I would have liked to have seen some "extreme" difficulty above the "challenge" modes. Either way, check out the demo - if you like it then the game is definitely worth buying. Expand
  4. MerfM
    Sep 6, 2009
    An utter bargain and delight of a game. its a great tower defense, probably only beaten by Plants v Zombies in the genre. This is closer to the traditional tower defense games and has top notch presentation, lots of levels, challenges & depth. there have been some amazing xbla titles recently but for only 800pts this is the pick of the bunch for me, yes its even better than Trials HD.
  5. MikeT.
    Sep 7, 2009
    This is one of the most addictive games I've come across in a while. I forgot about life for 3 days while I obsessively played thru the campaign mode of over 20 levels. Simple yet engaging gameplay, crisp beautiful graphics and high replayability. Heavy on the strategy and challenging without being impossible. But it still manages to stick to the genre definition without getting This is one of the most addictive games I've come across in a while. I forgot about life for 3 days while I obsessively played thru the campaign mode of over 20 levels. Simple yet engaging gameplay, crisp beautiful graphics and high replayability. Heavy on the strategy and challenging without being impossible. But it still manages to stick to the genre definition without getting boring or repetitive. Awesome value for the money and a great addition to the XBLA library. I'll be holding my breath for a sequel. Collapse
  6. Jun 17, 2012
    Truly one of the best strategy games on the 360, and one of the few that have stood the test of time. Though I have finished all the levels many times, I still come back to try new things and test new strategies. It'll never have the following of COD, but as a tower defense game, there is none better.

A great value on Xbox Live Arcade. It's a fantastic tower defense game, costs half what it does on PC, and throws in bonus levels for us. Strategy games aren't everyone's cup of tea, but if you count yourself a devotee of the genre you won't want to miss this one.
  2. It's still just another Tower Defence game, but at least this one requires some genuine strategy.
  3. The pinnacle of design for tower-defense games, and not just because of its fancy Gamebryo-powered 3D graphics. It’s challenging and complex without breaking the same simple rules that all tower-defense games follow, even the most unsophisticated ones. Taking a simple yet classic game design, then adding depth and polish to it, is probably the purest way to make a great game.