Deus Ex: Human Revolution Xbox 360

8.3

1. Dec 6, 2011
    Having seen this game when it was first released back in August when my friends were playing it, I took little interest as I hadn't really followed the story up until this one. However, seeing this game preowned for £10 last week, and needing something to bar my boredom until I obtained Skyrim this weekend, I decided to pick it up. Let me first just say that this game is notHaving seen this game when it was first released back in August when my friends were playing it, I took little interest as I hadn't really followed the story up until this one. However, seeing this game preowned for £10 last week, and needing something to bar my boredom until I obtained Skyrim this weekend, I decided to pick it up. Let me first just say that this game is not one of those games you dive into immediately and requires some time before you get used to it. Anyway, on with the review:

Gameplay (8/10): This game is not like most games currently on the market today. With most games pushing you to kill everything in sight one way or another, this game will really catch you off guard if you intent to bring along the same attitude. This game is stealthly. While you may play offensively, you will find that the game often promotes being stealthy far more than it does going head-on (Two achievements for being stealthy+more XP, it is rather apparent what the developer wanted you to do.). Either way, if you enjoy this sort of game then the controls are fluid and nothing really feels out of place. Even the objective markers are convenient and easy to use.

Graphics (5/10): These are nothing really special. It seems that Eidos caught the Gears of War disease where everything feels brown. It adds to the dark feel, but it isn't anything out of the ordinary. You will have seen worse, but you'll also have seen a lot better. Don't expect Skyrim graphics here.

Sound (4/10): Perhaps the biggest let-down for me was the sound. There's really nothing to write home about here: The voice-acting is bordering on a shambles and the main character really should've had a better voice. Still, I like to give a game a chance and the background music does add to the tense feeling of the game. It's just... The voice acting... Oh, the pain.

Multiplayer: N/A.

Lasting value (8/10): Not something you'd expect from a game so linear, but this game can actually be surprisingly long. There's an achievement for getting all four of the endings, and because the game offers different moral choices as well as several achievements that require different styles of play, this game could easily last you 60+ hours.

Final comments: This game is not for the people who prefer to rush through their games and massacre everybody, although there are fewer things more satisfying than tapping a guy on the shoulder, then punching him, knocking him out cold and dragging him into a closet and proceeding to do the same to three of his team. If you're looking for a change of pace from all the Call of Duty and Battlefield, then get this game.
  2. Sep 26, 2011
    A good game overall with some varied game play. A great break from the standard shooter games we have been getting a heavy dose of. The game also comes with a thoughtful story to go with it which is a bonus. If you do not like sneak games like MGS this might not be for you
  3. Sep 5, 2011
    Fun but not the best. Decent story but horrible voice acting. Glad that I played it but not that I bought it. Although I had plenty of fun with this game, it will be forgotten as soon as the real games of the season come out.
  4. Oct 19, 2011
    This review contains spoilers. A satisfactory but flawed game which doesn't live up to the high scores it has received. The game starts well in a reasonably sized district of near-future Detroit. There are an abundance of characters to interact with, numerous sub-quests, the promise of multiplicity of ways to achieve quests and a palpably atmospheric vibe. It feels like an open-world like full of intrigue and potential. At some point before the first boss however, doubts begin to set in. First of all: how dull, trite and one dimensional are the characters? Jensen, Sarin, the villains... just rough thumbnail sketches, with no depth or originality. For a main character Jensen is particularly flimsy. I felt nothing for him and his tedious attempts at laconic wit. The story is similarly lack-lustre: a derivative William Gibson-esque jaunt in which barely anything happens other than visiting a few rival corporate headquarters. As for the "twist"... pffh. Risible stuff. Of course, none of this sniping at plot would matter if the gameplay was as engaging as promised, but after a brief period of novelty the illusion of flexibility becomes painfully apparent. The interesting city-hubs aside, the environment is surprisingly linear and if I'm honest, all very uninspiring and samey looking. Corridors, air ducts, offices, warehouses. A barren and homogenous environment in which to pull off the same gambits to a defeat brainless collection AI simpletons. By the time you've reached the Picus headquarters the gameplay has descended into a hopelessly tedious rut: hacking into computers to read emails vapid emails, earning praxis points for augments that add little advantage, collecting credits you can't spend. I don't even want to talk about the boss battles. In summary, the word setting and premise of game provided a very rich canvas, but Square Enix botched it with a lifeless execution and a painful lack of imagination. Rent this game, don't buy it. Collapse
  5. Aug 30, 2011
    I have to say, it feels like we, as gamers, and reviewers, as professionals are so incredibly amazed that actual, honest to God, EFFORT exists in this industry that when something comes out in which it's obvious the developer invested real effort, we close our eyes to all it's faults and go "Well at least it's not yet another bland uncreative modern shooter about killingI have to say, it feels like we, as gamers, and reviewers, as professionals are so incredibly amazed that actual, honest to God, EFFORT exists in this industry that when something comes out in which it's obvious the developer invested real effort, we close our eyes to all it's faults and go "Well at least it's not yet another bland uncreative modern shooter about killing russians/terrorists/germans!". I can certainly sympathize with that logic, but there's only so many faults I can excuse based on it. Let's get real here, this game is not a 9/10, it's not an 8/10 either. It has problems stacked on top of problems and if I'm the only one willing to sit down and point them out, then I will do just that. So let's start shall we?

1. Immersion:
    It's an elusive thing isn't it? Difficult to create but incredibly rewarding if you succeed. It's one of the reasons the Portal games did so well. This game has none. As hard as you may try to immerse yourself in it's world, it will not let you in. You'll see a breaker that's been breaking for the past 5 hours of gameplay or notice that no NPC ever does anything other than the one thing you saw it do the first time you laid eyes on it. Or you'll get in a firefight in the streets and all the civilians will crouch, raise their hands in the air and start repeating "go away" over and over. Or you'll notice that while traversing the city you hear the same scream over and over and over. Or you'll get annoyed at the fact that all enemies have a single, solitary patrol path (really, is waypointing such advanced technology in 2011?) and nobody ever reacts to the fact that just a few minutes ago there were another 4 of their friends in the room and now they're alone. In short the scripting in this game is bad. Very, very bad, made all the worse considering we're in the post GTA4 era. And it will mercilessly shoot down any attempt you make to place yourself in the characters position.
    2. The story is..well, bland. You're asked to care about a lot of things based on the "death" of a woman you knew for about 2 minutes. And well..you just don't. None of it has any sense of importance whatsoever, it doesn't feel epic or even interesting. 3. The characters: I'm sorry but nothing excuses making such 2 dimensional characters in this day and age. I could literally fill everything I know about all 3 of the "Major" NPCs in a single paragraph. This is the diablo 2 approach to creating characters. And then you're asked to care about them. Why? I don't know their backstories, I don't know their motivations, I don't know anything about them. Their personalities are generic, we've seen them a million times. So how am I meant to give a damn about any of this?
    4. Character progression: The upgrade system is..well, unimaginative. Most of the activated abilities serve little practical purpose or give advantages so small it hardly seems worth investing the points in it. All this is exacerbated by the fact that the energy system can only be replenished via consumables. When has this EVER been a good idea guys? 5. There's a "right" way and a "wrong" way to play this game. Yes, they give you a gun. They give you several guns in fact, with fancy upgrades for them and everything. Then they reward you outrageously if you don't use them and stealth instead and give you next to nothing if you go the crazed gunman route. Why have the option at all I ask? What's the point of giving the players two clear alternatives on how to beat them game then rewarding one ridiculously and the other not at all?

Overall I struggle to call this a good game. It's a game where the developer actually tried to invest some creativity in, which I can respect considering we're soon getting CoD 500, Battlefield 300 and Halo 50 (you get the idea, don't take it literally). But there are far too many glaring issues for the game to even entertain much less earn all the hype and praise it's getting.
  6. Sep 1, 2011
    If I were to quickly describe this game I would say it is a mix of Metal Gear Solid and Splinter Cell: Conviction. However, for some reason this game just comes off as being..boring. At first it is impressive until you realize you are doing the same thing over, and over, and over, and over, and over again. This repetitive fun includes sneaking through an air duct, hacking a PC, hackingIf I were to quickly describe this game I would say it is a mix of Metal Gear Solid and Splinter Cell: Conviction. However, for some reason this game just comes off as being..boring. At first it is impressive until you realize you are doing the same thing over, and over, and over, and over, and over again. This repetitive fun includes sneaking through an air duct, hacking a PC, hacking a door, shooting someone and running because people four blocks over heard you and call their cousins to come after you, running to an air duct and hiding. Rinse, repeat.

The character models remind me of characters from an early Grand Theft Auto. They are very stiff and "odd" looking. The AI is very lacking. If a NPC is chasing you and "sees" you go into an air duct they will stand outside of it and shoot at the wall. Luckily they don't seem to know how to bend over and pull a trigger.

For a game as hyped as this one, I would have rather spent my money on buying a used copy of Splinter Cell: Conviction. At least then I wouldn't want to fall asleep with the controller in my hand.
  7. Oct 10, 2011
    Im sorry deus ex but really? i was personally lookng forward to this game for years, i always had faith but what a pile of s**t. The graphics are good, the story is good, the shooting is good but the whole do it anyway thing is complete and utter bull. the AI suck, they do laps and have the same routine non stop,i can stand 1 foot away from a guard and he wouldnt notice me. Although, itIm sorry deus ex but really? i was personally lookng forward to this game for years, i always had faith but what a pile of s**t. The graphics are good, the story is good, the shooting is good but the whole do it anyway thing is complete and utter bull. the AI suck, they do laps and have the same routine non stop,i can stand 1 foot away from a guard and he wouldnt notice me. Although, it does have the best mission in a game ever. In the detroit police station, i wont say anything else but after that it all goes downhill. achievments are so effing hard and missions consist of get into building, find someone/something and get out. great fun for thirty hours, i got bored and traded it in for gears 3, a much better game with multiplayer!!!Online!!!!Co-op!!!and a decent story. dont buy it until its cheap, its simply not worth £30 Expand
  8. Aug 28, 2011
    for what it may be worth: At the Square Enix website (June 28; 5 days after the game's release) you still cannot register your copy of Deus Ex: Human Revolution for the promised 50 extra members' points.
    It still reads "coming soon" -- as if Square Enix did not have months to prepare -- or doesn't care.
  9. Sep 3, 2011
    For a game that offers unlimited choice, the game is rather limited. You can either go stealth and spend half the time standing still, watching guards walking around, only to be punished by one simple mistake, or you can go in all guns blazing and get shot down in 3 rounds. Needlessly hard to get in to and relentlessly boring at every turn.
  10. Aug 30, 2011
    Despite a very interesting storyline, and awesome trailer, the game just has not lived up to it for me. None of the characters really hit home, seems, kind of redundant, despite the different venues you visit. I just expected more from the game. The positives are the free world aspect of the game, but seems more about stealth than engaging in combat. Engaging in combat is a suicide missionDespite a very interesting storyline, and awesome trailer, the game just has not lived up to it for me. None of the characters really hit home, seems, kind of redundant, despite the different venues you visit. I just expected more from the game. The positives are the free world aspect of the game, but seems more about stealth than engaging in combat. Engaging in combat is a suicide mission no matter what, until augmentations are at max. Even then, it takes no timing skill, or thinking to disable an enemy, like other games. Expand
  11. Mar 18, 2012
    This game was okay. It was fun sneaking around and taking people out. Also had a semi interesting story with some fun and exciting moments. Other than that it was bad. Everything in the game was either amber colored or black. I felt punished for leveling a certain way. The boss battles were stale too. My powers were limited because they never let ne find power bars ever. And if I did findThis game was okay. It was fun sneaking around and taking people out. Also had a semi interesting story with some fun and exciting moments. Other than that it was bad. Everything in the game was either amber colored or black. I felt punished for leveling a certain way. The boss battles were stale too. My powers were limited because they never let ne find power bars ever. And if I did find one it wouldn't regen even if I didn't use the whole bar. The choosing of how it ended was stale like mass effect ones way of choosing the end. The game had way too many Japanese influences and sucked. Every character looked dumb as hell. And navigating the levels was confusing and boring. I'd say pass. Expand
  12. Aug 26, 2011
    I really do not understand all the high reviews, especially from critics. I think the need for nostalgia is tainting a majority of them. This game is at best a MGS clone, which is not a compliment. It's story is muddled and unengaged. The game itself is linear levels doted with boring and dated stealth missions. The fact that guards follow this routine path all the time and have notableI really do not understand all the high reviews, especially from critics. I think the need for nostalgia is tainting a majority of them. This game is at best a MGS clone, which is not a compliment. It's story is muddled and unengaged. The game itself is linear levels doted with boring and dated stealth missions. The fact that guards follow this routine path all the time and have notable awful AI is just way to old. Why is it that everyone has this extreme aim and can unload hundreds of rounds, yet when you take someone down, they are only carrying about 3 rounds of ammo? Why are boss fights just plain frustrating, made more so by incredibly long load times? Why is everything so dark?

All those critic reviews seem paid for, much like LA Noire was. This is an AAA title with some polish but middling gameplay and story. Does it deserve a 0 rating? No. Does it deserve 9s and 10s? No. At the end of the day, it's an average rental unless you really really ache for a games like MGS or Thief 2. Even then, I would wait for a price drop in a few months.
  13. Nov 29, 2011
    Deus Ex has a great story and great game play. There is a slight learning curve associated with the somewhat different style of the game but it's quite rewarding when you get used to it. The ability to go in guns blazing or sneak is very fun (personally I'm a sneaker). the cover controls are a little clunky and the world can be sometimes hard to navigate when roaming around cities, butDeus Ex has a great story and great game play. There is a slight learning curve associated with the somewhat different style of the game but it's quite rewarding when you get used to it. The ability to go in guns blazing or sneak is very fun (personally I'm a sneaker). the cover controls are a little clunky and the world can be sometimes hard to navigate when roaming around cities, but overall Deus Ex is an excellent game. Expand
  14. May 22, 2012
    Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......what?.....Oh yeah....this game is bor-or-oring. I feel like I should be looking around for a typewriter ribbon. No combat as far as fighting goes, and you character gets tired out after one stealth take down (even though the game is about biotics and their strengths). Interesting story and concept, but its just to.....zzzzzzzzzzzzz.
  15. Sep 21, 2011
    Nice game! Good RPG elements, good story, nice art direction. I like multiple choices in game, but... this game is about sneaking, hacking and taking covers, don't even try to play in other way, because shooting is horrible (especially boss fights) and I don't even have crosshair, so it is very hard to aim... Game has few annoying bugs, like sometimes faces not in sync with audioNice game! Good RPG elements, good story, nice art direction. I like multiple choices in game, but... this game is about sneaking, hacking and taking covers, don't even try to play in other way, because shooting is horrible (especially boss fights) and I don't even have crosshair, so it is very hard to aim... Game has few annoying bugs, like sometimes faces not in sync with audio (English), shuffling saves (so I have to remember which save was my last) and sometimes even freezes during dialogs... (My XBOX is not connected to internet, maybe those bugs are fixed in update?) Expand
  16. Nov 8, 2011
    Played the game, I enjoyed it, but it didn't immerse me, The world felt too small for me. the cities too lifeless. I played this game once and i didn't feel compelled to start a second play through, this is worth renting or buying cheap but i wouldn't pay full price for this game, It gets a 7/10 from me.
  17. Apr 24, 2012
    Deus Ex Human Revolution is... well in opinion... a little bit crap. I just got that this is great feeling when I was playing it. You have many choices whith will make it much easier or much harder. Upgrades are very good in deus but becarfull what you choice. Im sorry but I don't like it. Deus ex hr 5.7/10
  18. May 8, 2013
    I was really hyped about this game, but just couldnt get into it. Game had too much small text that was very hard to read and main character was so lifeless and monotone. Ultimately, the biggest turnoff to me was the gameplay which I felt was bogged down with countless boring text logs and dialogue.
  19. Oct 10, 2011
    The original Deus Ex is my favourite game ever, and here, I compare DX:HR to the original. The following are ways in which it doesn't quite live up to the original:

1. Immersion. The original Deus Ex was the most immersive game I have ever played. You could read public service announcements, read newspapers, read books, listen to and converse with any number of NPCs, and just watch the world unfold before your eyes. HR does do this, much better than most other games, but not to the same level as the original. The only books available are by and large eBooks about augmentation. There are far fewer NPCs that you can converse with, and the conversations are much shorter. (For example, in the original, in the very first level you can have a few lengthy conversations with Paul; there isn't a conversation that long with anyone in the entire game in DX:HR).

2. Upgrading your character. The original Deus Ex had a truly RPG-style system of upgrading one's character. You earned experience points for doing various things, e.g. accessing a secured area, achieving secondary objectives. These could be used to upgrade a large variety of skills. In addition, you had augmentations which could each be upgraded by finding canisters. DX:HR completely gets rid of the skills system, which is a real shame, as this massively simplifies the game. Instead you can buy or earn augmentation upgrades through experience points - which are given to you in too structured a way. For example, you'll get experience for crawling through a vent, regardless of which direction you're going in or the purpose of doing so. You'll get experience for taking enemies down, and for hacking a terminal (even if you know the code). This encourages pointless activities just for experience. 3. Scope. DX:HR is shorter than the original, and offers much less in the way of sidequests, and NPCs to talk to. For all its talk of "hubs", there are actually only 2 hubs, and their layout is fairly linear. 4. Story. There are many things just not explained in DX:HR, and a lot of loose ends. The main part of the story, when revealed, is quite frankly stupid. The story of the original was excellent, with well-paces twists and turns. There seems to be some kind of attempt at delivering a message of some sort, but I just don't get it.

5. Motivation. In the original, I was motivated to find out the truth, to help those who I felt were in the right, and to help those who were my friends. In HR, half the time I had no idea why Jensen was bothering to do the things he was doing, he seemed to be the only person that gave a **** In HR, you can help a particular character, and yet he'll try and kill you later on anyway, which gave me the sense that my actions didn't really matter all that much. 6. The boss battles. Very annoying, and at least the original gave you the option to learn the killphrases of Navarre and Gunther. To be fair, they were also annoying in the original, but at least you could run away from some of them, and they didn't have this ridiculous "arena setting".

7. Air vents. "Oh no, I'm supposed to get into a building which is heavily guarded by enemies. Oh wait, theres an air vent glowing yellow in the corner, thats handy." The original did also have these, but it wasn't nearly as overdone as it is in DX:HR. Which absolutely insane engineer designed the buildings of the future anyway... half the vents don't even lead outside!

8. Endings. The endings are VERY lazily done compared to the original which actually required you to DO stuff. The actual cinematics you get are pretty rubbish.

9. Hacking. A pain in the ARSE. Its just NOT FUN. If I wanted some crappy little minigame I'D PLAY MINESWEEPER.

All in all, its a fun game, but its not in the same league as the original. Oh, and people are complaining about the graphics... what the hell are you on? It looks absolutely amazing... thats one thing it undoubtedly does much better than the original.
  20. Jan 15, 2012
    I find it hard to adequately analyze Deus Ex: Human Revolutions without comparing it to its predecessors, so frankly, I'm going to be comparing it throughout this review and reviewing the other titles along side. Hopefully it will give fans of the franchise what to expect if they've played the first two. In some ways this game works, in others it doesn't. On the whole, though, I'm having aI find it hard to adequately analyze Deus Ex: Human Revolutions without comparing it to its predecessors, so frankly, I'm going to be comparing it throughout this review and reviewing the other titles along side. Hopefully it will give fans of the franchise what to expect if they've played the first two. In some ways this game works, in others it doesn't. On the whole, though, I'm having a hard time gauging it next to DX and even IW. Deus Ex is really one of my favorite games ever, so I guess I naturally had high hopes for HR on release. I liked HR - it was a pretty good as a game, and I love the DX franchise - but I definitely felt disappointed with HR at the end of it, and the more I think about the total experience and analyze what I liked and disliked, the more I begin to realize that, sadly, HR is probably the worst of the series thus far. An unpopular opinion, I know; people love to rag on IW, but it at least did some things right. DX and IW both had more hubs than HR. DX had New York, Hong Kong, Paris, and some other minor hubs. IW had Seattle, Cairo, Tremere. HR only had Detroit and Hengsha, and you revisited both later on. We were supposed to get Montreal and Singapore as well but they turned out to just be a building, and it resulted in the last half of the game being a corridor shooter type game. It became unbearably linear for a DX title. Also, in terms of story and choices, HR is VERY linear. At least in IW you got to play for different factions and make different allies and enemies as you went. HR you work for Sarif the entire game and then at the very end you push a button depending on who you liked more. You could probably argue that DX1 was linear in the story department as well but it more than made up for it in other aspects. The game suffers from subpar level design though too; no swimming or finding secret areas like in DX, basically you have the option of going straight in the middle of the combat zone and dealing with everyone, or sneaking through a vent. Usually if you want to infiltrate a building there is only one (maybe two) ways to do it. HR also suffered from utilizing the same exploration resources for everything. By that I mean, in DX you had lockpicks, multitools and hacking. Having those different resources reinforced the multiple path approach. If you were good with lockpicks (and if you had enough or budgeted them wisely) you could go a route requiring you to pick a lock. If you were better with electronics you could go a route requiring you to disable security systems. Or you could even spec into computers and make your path easier that way. IW, they had hacking (to an extent) and multitools, which basically consolidated lockpicks and multitools, which translates to going the combat route, or going the sneaky route by using your multitools. HR, was possibly even worse, since they consolidated ALL of them. Every lock, every computer, every security system used the same resource. And you also had to play that annoying minigame in order to do it. It's kind of like what Warren Spector said about allowing people to have the feeling that they are creating a character whose abilities are unique. DX definitely did that, with both skills and augments. Even if some of them overlapped or were superfluous, it was more fun creating the fantasy of the "swimming guy" as he described. In IW you kind of had that with the augments because you had to make choices between the few you had. You could go straight up stealth, or you could focus on hacking, or you could focus on combat, etc. HR, you are never really presented a true choice. You can damn near max everything by end game if you have enough PRAXIS. And a lot of the augments were pretty trivial in terms of allowing for different play styles. Oh, and also HR forced you into **** boss battles. DX you could bypass boss battles in a variety of ways. IW you could at least choose your fights. All of that being said though, they did do some things right, particularly in the visual design and music department. I personally thought the overall aesthetic of the game was great. The music score by Michael McCann was superb as well. Both set the mood of the game excellently. Maybe I expected too much, or was too hyped about HR. I really wanted it to be great - on par with DX1 - but instead it was just alright. Don't get me wrong; I had fun playing it, I respect the devs and their responsiveness to criticism and fan feedback and it's definitely above average in terms of today's releases. As a game, it's very good, but it just doesn't compare with DX or even IW in a lot of aspects. I guess I was expecting something that would allow me to tackle objectives more creatively like the game's predecessors, but the game just doesn't provide you the adequate tools to do so. I know this review probably sounds mostly negative. It's just, as a DX title, it only really works in terms of the story, not in terms of it's overall design. Expand
  21. Nov 13, 2011
    This is a good game. Its not a great game due to its somewhat repetitive missions but if you're a fan of stealth and sci-fi this is certainly worth playing.
  22. Nov 13, 2011
    Not one of the best games I've had, but still playable. The graphics are ... meh. Not good, but not bad either.

Controls and gameplay are very solid. However on occasion I'd get an objective to Neutralise people, however this is not 100% clear. When I see the word Neutralise I automatically assume the game wants me to kill someone, and failing an objective because this isn't made clear is stupid. If it had a note saying "DO NOT KILL" then that would be much clearer in what I have to do

The game tries to make you stealth it, and it doesn't really let players play the game they want. Yes you can go different rouets but most of the time you have no choice but to fight.

Despite these setbacks the game can be quite fun.
  23. Nov 10, 2011
    Loved the original and the multiple ways you could get to different places. Human revolution felt a bit too linear where it was usually just the main quest and two ways to get to the objective. With that said theres still plenty of weapons / gadgets and abilities to keep the game fun. Not bad but it could of been better.
  24. Nov 15, 2011
    Very uniques gameplay and methods of accomplishing a variety of tasks. Music, sound, and voice acting are great at the sacrifice of graphics. It was enjoyable to kill time with this game until GOW 3, MW3, and Batman AC was released.
  25. Apr 1, 2013
    Immersion breaking is abundant. The illusion of freedom is painfully obvious. Each component of the game has issues that can't be forgiven.... Jensen's apartment is pretty.
  26. Nov 4, 2013
    I have been a long time fan of intricate rpg's and thinking games. Deus Ex will give you some of that complexity you crave. However for me it is wrapped in such a linear, pointless, b-movie script that I can't muster up the ambition to play past the first couple levels. There was no immersion or compulsion to find out what pre-determined encounter might be around the next corner. ButI have been a long time fan of intricate rpg's and thinking games. Deus Ex will give you some of that complexity you crave. However for me it is wrapped in such a linear, pointless, b-movie script that I can't muster up the ambition to play past the first couple levels. There was no immersion or compulsion to find out what pre-determined encounter might be around the next corner. But I have never been able to enjoy on-rail games (except Spacemarine). If you like scripted stories with only one way to complete them then this is probably a good representation of that genre. Hitting the uninstall button now. Expand
  27. Dec 28, 2012
    I had the biggest expectations for this game and was left a bit disappointed. Mostly because the game has slow rhythmn and the objectives feel little meaningful / boring. I'm having a hard time following the plot. Dishonored was a much better game because gives you more freedom. Great graphics, challange and controls tough.
  28. Feb 6, 2013
    Good gameplay, bad bossfights, good voice acting, didn't care about any of the caracters though.
    Don't hide the eyes of the guy you are supposed to care about.
    I had fun, but with a little more Joss Wheedon, this game could have been great.
  29. Oct 19, 2014
    It's not a bad game. You can have fun sneaking around and shooting people in the head. But there are a couple things I didn't like. One, it takes too long to gain your upgrades. Two, the hacking bit is no fun whatsoever. Three, you can't delete saves it seems. Four, the story is so-so. It's nothing new. But if you like stealthy, first person shooters, with a strong sci-fi element I thinkIt's not a bad game. You can have fun sneaking around and shooting people in the head. But there are a couple things I didn't like. One, it takes too long to gain your upgrades. Two, the hacking bit is no fun whatsoever. Three, you can't delete saves it seems. Four, the story is so-so. It's nothing new. But if you like stealthy, first person shooters, with a strong sci-fi element I think this might be for you. Expand
  30. Oct 19, 2011

1. Nov 29, 2011
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution lives up to the lofty expectations of the Deus Ex name. Beyond that, it's a superb game in its own right.
  2. Nov 15, 2011
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution has happily been worth the wait and is a game that can hold its head up high next to the first game. Jensen isn't the most charismatic character, and the story is a tad patchy in places, but the game's world and its characters more than make up for it. Deus Ex: Human Revolution heralds the arrival of the cyber-renaissance, and it's pure gold.
  3. Sep 29, 2011
    Deus EX Human Revolution has been one of the more entertaining games I have played this year so far. Filled with a gripping story, interesting characters, and addictive game play Deus Ex is a game that would be a worthy addition to any collection. Fans of action or RPG games should find a lot of value in this retail title.