Deus Ex: Human Revolution Xbox 360

8.3

1. Aug 23, 2011
    A truly outstanding dark and gritty, cyberpunk, action role-playing experience. This title by Eidos Montreal lives up to the hype and then some. Whether you're a fan of the sci-fi, role-playing, first person/third person shooter, or the stealth-action genre Deus Ex: Human Revolution is the game for you.
  2. Aug 23, 2011
    Role-playing games are becoming more and more an illusion these days. With modern graphics and other detractions truely taking away the experiences that created the genre we all love. With Deus Ex HR, we can finally go back to some of the RPG roots we have forgotten. Given the amount of choice and freedom you are given, it doesn't ultimately forgive that there are some short-comings toRole-playing games are becoming more and more an illusion these days. With modern graphics and other detractions truely taking away the experiences that created the genre we all love. With Deus Ex HR, we can finally go back to some of the RPG roots we have forgotten. Given the amount of choice and freedom you are given, it doesn't ultimately forgive that there are some short-comings to this masterpiece. All in all, Deus Ex HR sings the songs of older genre games that we older gamers long for. Well done! Expand
  3. Aug 23, 2011
    This game is awesome the fact that you have choices on how you want to approach an enemy and take them down there is so many hiding places and secrets to find to help you though the game out of 10 I would give it a 9.5 out of ten
  4. Aug 23, 2011
    Whoever stands behind this game took this stuff seriously. You really can't blame a game these days only because of an outdated hardware on which it is supposed to run. Visuals, sound, AI, mechanics, dialogue, RPG elements are crafted generally the way they should be. Making it more complex could let you lose most of the audience who haven't played it prequels. This game is reallyWhoever stands behind this game took this stuff seriously. You really can't blame a game these days only because of an outdated hardware on which it is supposed to run. Visuals, sound, AI, mechanics, dialogue, RPG elements are crafted generally the way they should be. Making it more complex could let you lose most of the audience who haven't played it prequels. This game is really challenging. If you lose you know it's because you didn't think of a correct solution to the problem. Deus Ex universe is what gets as close as possible to what you could possibly witness in the next few decades in your own world. I think that's the main reason to check it out. Expand
  5. Aug 23, 2011
    Having a lot of fun with this game so far. I feel like it is a good combination of old school Splinter Cell and the MGS series. Like many reviews have said the setting is very Blade Runner-esque, which is very cool IMO. The story is bound in conspiracy and corporate espionage which is a fun thing when you are an augmented badass. There are many ways to approach a level as the developerHaving a lot of fun with this game so far. I feel like it is a good combination of old school Splinter Cell and the MGS series. Like many reviews have said the setting is very Blade Runner-esque, which is very cool IMO. The story is bound in conspiracy and corporate espionage which is a fun thing when you are an augmented badass. There are many ways to approach a level as the developer states, though if you are like me and are a completionist, you will need to augment in several different areas. I recommend spending some augmentation points in hacking (at least to level 2 or 3) fairly early on. You will eventually encounter side mission objectives that can't be completed without a decent hacking skill. That being said, you are still free to shotgun your way through different levels. The game supports run-and-gun approaches but I have to say it is somewhat weighted heavier to a stealthy approach to problem solving. Love the graphics, dialog options and music of the game, all done in good taste. The game is not without a few flaws though. There are exploits you will find that take advantage of the cover system and allow you to breeze through some levels, but just avoid this to keep the game challenging. I recommend this game for fans of stealthy, techy shooters with some decent RPG elements thrown into the mix. Expand
  6. Aug 23, 2011
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution has a Blade Runner atmosphere mixed with innovative combat mechanics and a compelling story.
    Human Revolution is prequel to the original game set in 2027. Players take on the role of Adam Jensen, a former SWAT officer who has been hired as the security chief for Sarif Industries. The company him and his girlfriend work for is attacked and he is almost killed. Sarif rebuilds Jensen using "augmentation" which allows players to mold Jensen into a truly unique character according to how they want to play the game. You can go through this game like Call of Duty: Black Ops or take a more tactical approach like Mass Effect 2. There is a way for the more stealthy characters or ones who enjoy manipulating conversations. It all depends on how you want to play. Guns and gadgets are heavily varied and combat never gets old. I will replay this game using a different "pillar of gameplay" as the developers put it. The closest game I could compare this is to is probably Alpha Protocol. Only it doesn't have all the bugs and problems Alpha did.
    The graphics may seem a little dated to some, but in my opinion fit this game perfectly. Settings are beautifully designed and characters are interesting and unique. One of my few gripes is there really isn't any way to make Jensen seem "closer" to the characters like we see in games like Mass Effect. Nonetheless, this doesn't detract from the story at all. The soundtrack seams perfectly with the game.
    The story is brilliant. Excellent voice actors convey the characters emotions perfectly. Biotechnology and political (and industrial) espionage is rampant in this game. The plot continues at a steady pace and ends on a satisfying conclusion.
    Other than a few A.I. glitches here and there, this game is stellar. If you enjoy fun FPS, RPGs, or just want to try something new. This game is recommended for you.
  7. Aug 23, 2011
    This game is by far one of the most intelligent and adult games I've played in years! By far the biggest surprise AAA experience of the year so far and absolutely deserving of every penny spent on it. I've played nonstop 9 hours already and my jaw has been on the floor the entire time. Do yourself a favor and buy this game as it's one of the most original concepts out right now. Picture aThis game is by far one of the most intelligent and adult games I've played in years! By far the biggest surprise AAA experience of the year so far and absolutely deserving of every penny spent on it. I've played nonstop 9 hours already and my jaw has been on the floor the entire time. Do yourself a favor and buy this game as it's one of the most original concepts out right now. Picture a cross between Bioshock and Mass Effect and you'll be on the right track. Can't give enough praise to this product-simply blew me away! Expand
  8. Oct 27, 2011
    I loved this game!! Great storyline, graphics and gameplay. I love sneaking around hiding and taking out people one by one. I never played the original and thought that i would give this game a chance and i am glad i did. 10 out of 10!!!
  9. Dec 6, 2012
    WOWOOW!!11111111!!!!!! I AM FRICKIN ROBOT CYBORG I KICK A$$$$$$$$$!!!! THE SUNGLASSES ARE SICK... but i wish he had beats, cus that wuld make him like listen better the bad guys and kick more A$$$$ !!!!!1111
  10. Apr 26, 2013
    Dues Ex: Human Revolution is probably one of the best stealth games I ever played. I'm a big fan of stealth games and Deus Ex: Human evolution easily holds its place as one of the best in the stealth genre. The story is really good and interesting but that varies between people. Some might find it boring but in opinion I enjoyed the story line and the characters.The story takes play in theDues Ex: Human Revolution is probably one of the best stealth games I ever played. I'm a big fan of stealth games and Deus Ex: Human evolution easily holds its place as one of the best in the stealth genre. The story is really good and interesting but that varies between people. Some might find it boring but in opinion I enjoyed the story line and the characters.The story takes play in the future where people have augmentations that are pretty much robotic hands and arms. But not all is good because there are humans who oppose these augmentations to humans. The game also offers choices that can change the storyline outcomes. Which actually has differant results so some people might reload their game to choose differant choices. The game looks great overall but some of the cinematics sometimes look worst the Game play itself. I found it funny how people in the cinematic look like they were covered in grease like a cheesy McDonald commercial. The gameplay is also fun with a mixed of first person and third person action. Suprising it works well with the game and before you know it you get well used to it. You can also run and gun through the game if you want to but the best choice is probably stealthy all the way through. There also many role playing elements that work well with the game. Such as augmentations that give you more health or more energy. The game also offers many different paths you can take to your objective. You get alot more if you thoroughly explore the area instead of rushing from point A to point B. There are also a good amount of weapons that can suit everyone's needs. The only complaint I probably have is the boss battles which hardly requires any stealth mechanics. All you do is get the most powerful weapons you can find and spray all you bullets into the bosses. So players who went through the stealthier approach and invested their skill points in stealth skills they will have a harder time. Also I would have preferred it better if you had the option to kill the bosses or let them live. Since you can complete the entire game without killing the anyone except the bosses. Overall, if your a fan of stealth games or enjoy like a futuristic story you should pick up this game. Expand
  11. Sep 18, 2011
    This game puts Splinter Cell to shame. The dark environment, NPC's, hacking system, and stealth combat are all awesome. The only complaint I had was Deus Ex was a linear story line. I prefer an open world non-linear story. I LOVE that combat cannot devolve to a first person shooter take on the world approach (even on the easiest level) as gunshots are lethal. FANTASTIC game!!!
  12. Oct 20, 2011
    As I have never played a Deus Ex game before, I was unsure of what to expect. Having been weaned on first-person shooters during my early childhood and later action RPGs I have always been on the hunt for a game which combines RPG elements with meaty combat that is different from the slow action of Fallout 3 but also distanced from the arcadey shooting in Mass Effect 2.

Well, that search

Well, that search is over. Human Revolution gives you so many options in every choice you make. What shall it be today, charging in with a minigun or navigating a vent to reach my objective? Every decision you make feels important, and can have certain consequences too. In one scene you must defuse a hostage situation. If you choose the right conversation options, the kidnapper will free the hostage and you will be congratulated for your efforts. However if you make a wrong decision and the man kills the hostage, you will be given an unexpected reward. EVERY choice you make has a consequence of some kind, which makes the game infinitely replayable.

Another remarkable thing about this game is that it achieved the impossible: it made me hate CoD. I was once furiously addicted to gunning down enemies on Nuketown in Black Ops' multiplayer and playing through the long campaign. But when I played Human Revolution that all changed. Now the Black Ops single-player mode was extremely boring and linear. Why walk in a straight line, only being able to shoot or stab one bad guy after another when you could be running past them, taking them down, turning turrets against them or even convincing them to join your cause? Human Revolution has the best combat I have ever seen. The guns feel great and encourage ammo conservation, the cover system is perfectly implemented, the brief take-down 'cut-scenes' are cool and you always, ALWAYS, feel like a bad-ass. And even if shooting isn't your thing, there are many other ways to complete a mission. How about crawling into a secret room and hack a computer to deactivate cameras, giving you an advantage? Or you could just simply adapt to the (exceptionally intelligent) enemies' patrol patterns and avoid them completely. The choices are yours.

If this game still doesn't sound good enough to you, then an extra layer of depth is added via Augmentations. When you earn enough XP you unlock Praxis Points, which are spent on Augmentations. These can range from the ability to see through walls to giving you dermal armor or even invisibility. THESE are the icing on an already very tasty cake.

Still not convinced? Well, there are so many locations and side-missions in the game that it's impossible to complete them all in your first playthrough. And while the graphics are nothing special up close, the visual style of gold and black is quite breath-taking. DO NOT dismiss this game just because of the graphical style; they are not some crappy anime visuals.

The writing, too, excels with a deep story and very memorable characters. I felt heartbroken when a certain character died towards the end of the game and continue to wonder whether I could have prevented their death.

After all of the lavish praise I have thrown upon this game, you must think that there are no flaws. But there are. Critical decisions are sometimes made for you during cut-scenes, making you curse to yourself and say 'I could have prevented her from getting away if this wasn't a God-damned cut-scene!' or something of the like. Along those lines, boss fights are very standard fare like in other games. You are given no options regarding the three in the game but to kill them. No talking, no hacking, just plain shooting until they're dead.

And during the course of the game I could have sworn that I was playing Oblivion. The game can be so buggy sometimes I occasionally recoiled and thought 'WTF?'. As an example, I once walked into a room to find a pile of clothes on the floor. When I hovered the cursor over it, the 'clothes' appeared to be a certain Doctor Colvin. When I pressed A to talk to her, a body suddenly filled those clothes and started conversing with me. And when the second boss battle begun, I took cover behind a nearby wall. After a few moments of nothing happening, I decided to see what she was doing. It turned out that the 'boss' was actually spending her time running into a wall, unable to move away. I took advantage of the oppurtunity and emptied to clips on her until she died.

Remarkably, though, these minor setbacks donnot detract from the game's excellence whatsoever. Deus Ex: Human Revolution is a deep, though-provoking game that betters the original in every way. And if there's one decision that is clear, it's this: BUY THIS GAME.
  13. Nov 4, 2011
    I loved it for what it was. Sure the animations might be dated, the combat awkward at times & the boss battles uncalled for.

But this game is set in such a rich world, such beauty and depth.

I found myself just slowly walking down the streets of Detroit, just sucking in the atmosphere.

Very glad that i had picked this up.
  14. Nov 18, 2011
    A rewarding RPG/shooter hybrid that is full of options that allow you to be the character you want to be. Eidos did an excellent job of giving the player options for every situation. Combat can occasionally get dull with an AI that lacks innovation, but the boss fights are excellent, stealth is rewarding, and the options for customizing your character are each functional and rewarding. TheA rewarding RPG/shooter hybrid that is full of options that allow you to be the character you want to be. Eidos did an excellent job of giving the player options for every situation. Combat can occasionally get dull with an AI that lacks innovation, but the boss fights are excellent, stealth is rewarding, and the options for customizing your character are each functional and rewarding. The graphics are great, but the transition to cinematics can be jarring. I wanted more for an ending, but like all the flaws I notices and mentioned, they were tiny things that couldn't detract from Deus Ex's high entertainment factor. Expand
  15. Sep 21, 2011
    This game is terrific, i even find myself passing time by hacking whatever i find and talking to janitors... It has one of the best single player campaigns ive played in a while and its SO IMMERSIVE OH MY GOD. Playing this on the xbox is much better than I anticipated and doesn't feel like a port. The only reason i don't give it a 10 is because playing none-lethal long range is a pain toThis game is terrific, i even find myself passing time by hacking whatever i find and talking to janitors... It has one of the best single player campaigns ive played in a while and its SO IMMERSIVE OH MY GOD. Playing this on the xbox is much better than I anticipated and doesn't feel like a port. The only reason i don't give it a 10 is because playing none-lethal long range is a pain to keep supplies flowing and the start of the game. I'd rate this game 9.99/100 Expand
  16. Nov 2, 2011
    My only complaint about this game is the boss fights are a bit annoying but that's just me personally otherwise it's a very worth while game. PS you don't need the missing link dlc but if you need more deus ex action it's worth your time.
  17. Oct 25, 2011
    It's hard to make a game that stands up to the original Deus Ex, and while Human Revolution didn't quite make the Benchmark, it is still a great game in its own right. The graphics are a little dated, but the visual art style more than makes up for this. The atmosphere it something to behold, as Human Revolutions really irks me, like in a good way. It makes me care about he plights ofIt's hard to make a game that stands up to the original Deus Ex, and while Human Revolution didn't quite make the Benchmark, it is still a great game in its own right. The graphics are a little dated, but the visual art style more than makes up for this. The atmosphere it something to behold, as Human Revolutions really irks me, like in a good way. It makes me care about he plights of its people, simply by the way it presents itself. The combat is good, even though the AI can be pretty goofy at times. Then generally just patrol the exact same route, so with careful study one can sneak by them pretty easily. You can play the game like a total badass commando, or be a stealthy player. i highly recommend the Stealth Route, as it's just a much more satisfying and rewarding experience. The story can get a little muddled, and I will admit that sometimes Adams voice makes me want to punch something. It sounds like he needs to clear his throat...for the whole game. It's still well written though, so if you can get past that then theres a unique and well presented story to be told here. Overall, I would say you should get this game, or at the very least, its worth a rent. Expand
  18. Oct 25, 2011
    This is a great game and one of the best this year. The action when it occurs is good and never too in your face but that was never my preferred way of playing this game. I liked to go stealth with the occasional gunfight and this is what the game is all about Choice. There is not one path which you must take, there are multiple paths with different advantages which makes this game shineThis is a great game and one of the best this year. The action when it occurs is good and never too in your face but that was never my preferred way of playing this game. I liked to go stealth with the occasional gunfight and this is what the game is all about Choice. There is not one path which you must take, there are multiple paths with different advantages which makes this game shine compared to most FPS. The RPG elements work really well and deciding which augment to choose next can be tricky. Though amazingly I actually loved the story which is one of the best I know, the only problem with game is the bosses which are a little generic and not as innovating as everything else. This is a must buy for all SP lovers Expand
  19. Apr 6, 2013
    A brilliant prequel to the original Deus Ex, Square Enix has definitely delivered with Human Revolution. Combining an absolutely brilliant story, along with fluid gameplay mechanics and a wide choice of playstyles to choose, Deus Ex: Human Revolution is one of the best Stealth/RPG/FPS games of the recent years. An excellent score of music also helps to reflect the dark undertone of theA brilliant prequel to the original Deus Ex, Square Enix has definitely delivered with Human Revolution. Combining an absolutely brilliant story, along with fluid gameplay mechanics and a wide choice of playstyles to choose, Deus Ex: Human Revolution is one of the best Stealth/RPG/FPS games of the recent years. An excellent score of music also helps to reflect the dark undertone of the game. Set in future Detroit, the game revolves around conspiracy, and secrets. Players will feel involved in the story travelling from Detroit, and other places such as China etc.

Overall, one of my favourite games from the past few years, and an excellent addition to both the Stealth genre, and the Deus Ex series too.
  20. Nov 2, 2012
    Put simply, Deus Ex is what games should be. The gameplay of Deus Ex will have you teetering on the edge of your seat while you grind away your teeth. It's a good frustrating that rewards you well at the end of achieving and accomplishing what you're required to do. The storyline of Deus Ex doesn't fall short and is set in a rich dark world that is highly polished, full of detail, andPut simply, Deus Ex is what games should be. The gameplay of Deus Ex will have you teetering on the edge of your seat while you grind away your teeth. It's a good frustrating that rewards you well at the end of achieving and accomplishing what you're required to do. The storyline of Deus Ex doesn't fall short and is set in a rich dark world that is highly polished, full of detail, and immerse. With plenty of things to look at, people to talk to, and lore to learn about. Deus Ex is what video games try to do when trying to tell a good story. And by that Deus Ex tells quite possibly one of the best stories in gaming. Through gameplay, to narrative direction Deus Ex does everything right. Making you full of emotion, stress, frustration, and happiness. It's a game that you must surely check out! If you haven't already. Expand
  21. May 27, 2013
    Amazing game! Upgrading yourself is fun and there are so many different ways to tackle a level. The story was well done and very engrossing. I hope they release more!
  22. Oct 28, 2011
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution is not like other FPS's. You don't just blow s#it out, and kill people. You've got to be intelligent. Of course, you can just kill everything that move towards you. But the fun in this game, is to think, to make a fortress of boxes to hide, to find a vent and go through it, to hack, to hide bodies, and to think what's going to be your next augmentation. This gameDeus Ex: Human Revolution is not like other FPS's. You don't just blow s#it out, and kill people. You've got to be intelligent. Of course, you can just kill everything that move towards you. But the fun in this game, is to think, to make a fortress of boxes to hide, to find a vent and go through it, to hack, to hide bodies, and to think what's going to be your next augmentation. This game is not perfect (it's cutscenes are just awful, for example) but the way it plays, it's just incredible. It's a nice RPG and a nice shooter as well. For me, this is a candidate for GOTY. Expand
  23. Aug 28, 2011
    This is an amazing game. I wasn't really sure what to expect with this game, but it has quickly become one of my absolute favorite games. The cover system is reminiscent of something like Mass Effect 2 or Metal Gear Solid, so if you enjoyed those games this might be an option for you. You can approach every situation in a huge variety of ways which are dictated by a very well doneThis is an amazing game. I wasn't really sure what to expect with this game, but it has quickly become one of my absolute favorite games. The cover system is reminiscent of something like Mass Effect 2 or Metal Gear Solid, so if you enjoyed those games this might be an option for you. You can approach every situation in a huge variety of ways which are dictated by a very well done augmentation system (very similar to a level-up system). All in all this is a great game. The only problem I have with it is that male character models seem to have kind of tiny heads, but it's not a huge issue. PS - For anyone having issues with registering your product on square enix, I was able to register on release day (North America). Expand
  24. Aug 30, 2011
    Great atmosphere and nice story which seems to be a throwback to many sci-fi stories from the past (Bladerunner first came to mind). The combat is decent and so is the stealth aspect. The cover-system is a little screwy at times, and the load times seem a little unnecessary for the medium quality visuals. Boss fights are random as heck and don't go with the flow of the game. Good fun, overall.
  25. Aug 28, 2011
    A brilliantly realized world, a perfect mesh of realism and cyber-fantasy to create a stunning story that has kept me gripped in my playtime. The gameplay variety gives you many options, and though some are more limited and challenging than others, it still gives you an experience that allows you to do what you want, as long as you reach the objective some way. I do admit, there are cons,A brilliantly realized world, a perfect mesh of realism and cyber-fantasy to create a stunning story that has kept me gripped in my playtime. The gameplay variety gives you many options, and though some are more limited and challenging than others, it still gives you an experience that allows you to do what you want, as long as you reach the objective some way. I do admit, there are cons, being some poor voice acting in sections, and some animation issues with characters, but these small dishes never draw away from the main course. Just, overall, I was hugely amazed by this game; it gives everything you could want from an RPG, and more. Collapse
  26. Aug 31, 2011
    Unbelievable! Seriously.... once you get used to the dated graphics, you realize just how amazing this game is. I will be sitting at work and literally thinking of how I am going to address a conversation in the game or what direction I want to take my character. I have never played a game that has made me think so deeply. People... stop complaining about the graphics. This game provesUnbelievable! Seriously.... once you get used to the dated graphics, you realize just how amazing this game is. I will be sitting at work and literally thinking of how I am going to address a conversation in the game or what direction I want to take my character. I have never played a game that has made me think so deeply. People... stop complaining about the graphics. This game proves that there is more to gaming than just pretty graphics. The story is consuming, the atmosphere is amazing, the RPG elements are PERFECTLY balanced, and the game play is addicting. This game is the closest game to perfection. 5 years from now, I really think that people will be voting this game to be one of the best of all time... it's that good. Buy it, get past the tutorial (about an hour), and realize what I'm talking about. Expand
  27. Aug 28, 2011
    Wow, I love these haters on here. They make a great Deus Ex game and either some strange loyalty to Ion Storm persist or you are one of those people who just like to **** with no foundation. Deus Ex: Human Revolution is the first great game of the Holiday Season. The story is wonderful and a marvel of cyberpunk story telling. The game holds the Deus Ex name high and is a worthyWow, I love these haters on here. They make a great Deus Ex game and either some strange loyalty to Ion Storm persist or you are one of those people who just like to **** with no foundation. Deus Ex: Human Revolution is the first great game of the Holiday Season. The story is wonderful and a marvel of cyberpunk story telling. The game holds the Deus Ex name high and is a worthy successor as it emulates the gameplay of the original game and expands upon it with grace and class. And game play is where it counts and is where DE: HR excels. Sneaking around cities, finding new paths to follow. Almost everything I could do in Deus Ex, I can do in DE: HR. The graphics are average at best but great graphics do not make a great game. The environments are great though and the level design is something a lot of devs (Looking at you copycat FPS creators especially Call of Duty). There are many ways to achieve your objective and beautiful Sci-fi cities and backgrounds await you. The music is just awesome and does not get in the way of you play. Yeah, a few of the tunes may take you back to the Mass Effect games but it is distinct enough to distinguish itself from that series. Plus, a familiar tune for those original Deus Ex players gets whistled by a few NPCs every once in a while, adding to the Easter Eggs and throwbacks to the beloved original. Pretty much, if you want a thinking man's game and the first great RPG to hit the market this season then get your 60 bucks ready and buy in. Only serious gamers apply as DE: HR has no patience for the twitch gamer who does nothing but push a button and go from scripted scene to scripted scene. For that matter how can you have problems with the bosses?? Seriously, they are nothing new and are pretty easy to boot. You have played other video game right? Ask yourself if they really differ from any other boos fights. To me, they did not disrupt the gameplay and actually gave me a different style to take in this great game. Ignore the haters and the fools, go get this game and enjoy many sleepless nights! Expand
  28. Aug 24, 2011
    The biggest surprise of the year. Not many originally believed that a console oriented Deus Ex sequel developed in an era of dumbed down gaming experiences could in any way approach its predecessor, which, released in the year 2000, showed the world what does "Interactive game" truly mean. Turns out it could. Human Revolution is everything Deus Ex was and more, it is a true sequel to theThe biggest surprise of the year. Not many originally believed that a console oriented Deus Ex sequel developed in an era of dumbed down gaming experiences could in any way approach its predecessor, which, released in the year 2000, showed the world what does "Interactive game" truly mean. Turns out it could. Human Revolution is everything Deus Ex was and more, it is a true sequel to the cult classic and is a masterpiece on its own. It shows that, even in the year 2011 and despite the obsession of the gaming industry with simplifying games to the point where they can barely be called games anymore, it is still possible to have a high budget, blockbuster gaming experience designed not to be played by your grandma, but by you. Expand
  29. Aug 26, 2011
    A fantastic stealth game with tons of options in various playstyles.Solid graphics and an immersive, if a little convoluted story ,combined with some tight gameplay make this game a winner.Some drawbacks include innumerable elavator rides,dodgy A.I and a hacking system that quickly gets annoying.Load times are a disgrace in this day and age,as is the auto-save.I would have liked a littleA fantastic stealth game with tons of options in various playstyles.Solid graphics and an immersive, if a little convoluted story ,combined with some tight gameplay make this game a winner.Some drawbacks include innumerable elavator rides,dodgy A.I and a hacking system that quickly gets annoying.Load times are a disgrace in this day and age,as is the auto-save.I would have liked a little more in the open-world department with a few more shops as well.All in all a good game but hardly a top-tier title. Expand
  30. Aug 29, 2011
    I'll keep this short and sweet: Deus Ex: Human Revolution has without-a-doubt the best, most in-depth, engrossing story I've played in a game this generation. Throw that in with completely approachable combat that lets you play how you want (it may be a stealth shooter at heart, but I went in guns-blazing and taking cover and it went perfectly! The shooting physics are beautiful). TheI'll keep this short and sweet: Deus Ex: Human Revolution has without-a-doubt the best, most in-depth, engrossing story I've played in a game this generation. Throw that in with completely approachable combat that lets you play how you want (it may be a stealth shooter at heart, but I went in guns-blazing and taking cover and it went perfectly! The shooting physics are beautiful). The environments are rich and detailed, and the upgrading system -- the RPG half -- was perfect, letting you upgrade and progress your character as you wished. I honestly had multiple sessions of this game where I played for more than 8 hours at a time because it was so gripping and I just had to see what happened next. Fully, completely recommended by me; it's a modern-day masterpiece. Expand
  31. Aug 28, 2011
    Games do not get much better than this! The sheer depth, detail and beauty of the environments alone is enough to keep you hooked. And with 3 different ways to play, it lasts so many hours!
  32. Aug 28, 2011
    sorry I'm not much on reviews and don't mess with them much but this is different. this game just might be one of the most thought out games that's been released in sometime. its not the same old stuff, make some new maps, play for 5 hours and send them on their multiplayer way. a lot of care went into this game right down to the smallest of things. its a shame some just can't grasp thesorry I'm not much on reviews and don't mess with them much but this is different. this game just might be one of the most thought out games that's been released in sometime. its not the same old stuff, make some new maps, play for 5 hours and send them on their multiplayer way. a lot of care went into this game right down to the smallest of things. its a shame some just can't grasp the full scope of what this game offers and very and i mean very few games show the amount of dedicated work that must have went into this. Thanks Eidos, a job very well done. Expand
  33. Sep 6, 2011
    Deus Ex Human Revolution is such a perfect mix of a Role Playing Games and Shooters. Deus Ex games typically present you with an open environment that have been designed with a variety of gameplay styles in mind, which allows you to approach the map and navigate the intricate inner workings of the warehouse, army base, gang hideout ect. To all our relief Deus Ex Human Revolution pullsDeus Ex Human Revolution is such a perfect mix of a Role Playing Games and Shooters. Deus Ex games typically present you with an open environment that have been designed with a variety of gameplay styles in mind, which allows you to approach the map and navigate the intricate inner workings of the warehouse, army base, gang hideout ect. To all our relief Deus Ex Human Revolution pulls this off flawlessly. I would give you an example but im only on my second playthorugh and im still finding air vents, locked doors and breakable walls that lead me to groups of enemies, rooms and armouries with very rewarding loot. -The layout of missions are absolutely perfect, ive not found one single flaw in that respect- -Art Direction and Atmosphere-
    The ambient noise while roaming one (to avoid spoilers I wont say how many different cities there are) of the * cities can get a bit repetitive with the odd scream and dog bark that occurs every now and again. But apart from that walking around hearing hobo's rummaging around in trash cans and ravaged and ruined augmented hookers, war vets and hobos moan, complain and mumble there views on life to you as you walk past make you really care and understand life in the city your city. Also the Cyber punk art style is executed fantastically. The cut scenes can get a bit dark since they take heavy use of the light on dark effect, but can be improved in the settings.
    -You feel like your in a conspiracy ridden Detroit in 2027

-story and characters-
    Your Adam Jensen,(The events that follow this message are within 30 minuets of the game) A man who had was brought back to life by Sarif industries after a ferocious attack on their HQ and ultimately tore you a new one. Its not clear weather or not Adam approves of augments, alot of it is also dictated on your real life views on augmentation. So in essence the augmentation is a very simple idea following the usual split society views and ideologies. But is told in a really interesting way. It pans out well, and at a good pace too. Its an RPG/ Shooter so there are loads of characters. And apart from a few scientists *somewhere in the game* i haven't really found a bad character, a character thats prevalent in the story anyway. Newspapers, Personal Computers and pocket secretaries 99% of the time provide really interesting back stories to characters you might not even ever meet.( Im being really vague to avoid anything that might be taken as a spoiler)
    -In essence characters vary in depth of backstory and personality. However, the story is tightly woven into the game and era and moves at a very good pace. Consumers like me often give out perfect ratings lightly, any game that they take a shine to within the first hour of the game gets a 10 from them. Im not like that. Ive searched for flaws in every respect. So im going to give this game a 10 since the only flaws ive found are minuscule and considering its just a lot of coding wrapped up in all of the above its so impressive.
  34. Aug 29, 2011
    I got this on Friday and i haven't completed it yet which is good but i think i'm nearly there. This is because i started on the difficulty give me deus ex and i am trying not to be detected by anything and not killing anyone which has proven a challenge, its been awhile since i've played a game with challenge. I probably saved about 300 times just to get perfection. Saving can be a burdenI got this on Friday and i haven't completed it yet which is good but i think i'm nearly there. This is because i started on the difficulty give me deus ex and i am trying not to be detected by anything and not killing anyone which has proven a challenge, its been awhile since i've played a game with challenge. I probably saved about 300 times just to get perfection. Saving can be a burden but it don't bother me that much its the loading that bothers me. When you have to keep retrying the loading screen becomes a frustration.
    You get secondary mission which should keep you busy and make the game longer.
    I like the choice you get if you want to play combat or stealth but you will find yourself having to hack a lot of things which gets annoying. The A.I are sometimes stupid when you can be right beside them and they wont notice but the cameras can detect you so easy i find yourself reloading save in anger so PLAN YOUR STEPS. I would get rid of bosses or at least change them in some way which involves stealth. I was playing the game doing my thing then all of a sudden i'm forced into a combat situation which i was unprepared for.
    + Its different from a lot of the games out.
    + Fun stealth (not often you see stealth games)
    + Speech is good because its fun to see a smart politician get owned.
    + Lengthy when trying to play it the hard way.
    + Challenging.

- Sometimes get stupid A.I
    - Bosses ruin my stealth
    - Sometimes the HUD is confusing like not knowing where to go.
  35. Aug 24, 2011
    No its graphics are not as good as Mass Effect 2 or Call of Duty. yes their better than your normal RPG/FPS game.. Deus Ex 3 does what they said it would do, what it was meant to do, to take you back to the days of system shock, thief 2 and deus ex 1 a time when single player was rewarded for thinking and creativity. when the story and atmosphere really meant something and makes many ofNo its graphics are not as good as Mass Effect 2 or Call of Duty. yes their better than your normal RPG/FPS game.. Deus Ex 3 does what they said it would do, what it was meant to do, to take you back to the days of system shock, thief 2 and deus ex 1 a time when single player was rewarded for thinking and creativity. when the story and atmosphere really meant something and makes many of the triple A games from the last few years look foolish. Deus Ex 3 is a peace of art work. its not a game its an experience and Deus Ex 3 will be remembered long after this years blockbusters are forgotten. Expand
  36. Aug 26, 2011
    I was a huge fan of the original, was hugely disappointed by Invisible War, and have thankfully been hugely impressed by Human Revolution. I don't think it's entirely fair to expect the same level of intricate detail and micro-tuning found in the original (it was a keyboard and mouse exclusive before being ported to PS2), and honestly, I don't really miss improving my swimming skill levelI was a huge fan of the original, was hugely disappointed by Invisible War, and have thankfully been hugely impressed by Human Revolution. I don't think it's entirely fair to expect the same level of intricate detail and micro-tuning found in the original (it was a keyboard and mouse exclusive before being ported to PS2), and honestly, I don't really miss improving my swimming skill level anyhow. HR's grid inventory and item crafting really pleased the old PC gamer side of me too (glad to see the universal ammo and item wheel from IW gone). This game is a fantastic balance of complexity and accessibility. Also, some of the most unique art direction in a long time. Don't listen to the graphics nay-sayers. It looks great, and middle-of-the-road graphics with beautiful design work beats out bleeding edge graphics with uninspired art direction any day. Expand
  37. Aug 28, 2011
    this is a great game and a real throwback to the days of oldschool rpgs with the addition of choice. I must say the hud is not the best but it is not the worst. The graphics are good, not great but the style really works in the games favor and gives a new flair to enclosed environmental. Basically this game is a little COD mixed with final fantasy with player choice added to the midst.
  38. Aug 27, 2011
    This game is glorious, it is by far the most engaging game of 2011 (so far). Any of the visual limitations or mediocre voice work are made up for by the gameplay and story. I love the stealth options which begs a second playthrough by offering a trophy for not killing a single person in a single playthrough. My initial reaction to the augmentations was underwhelming but once you getThis game is glorious, it is by far the most engaging game of 2011 (so far). Any of the visual limitations or mediocre voice work are made up for by the gameplay and story. I love the stealth options which begs a second playthrough by offering a trophy for not killing a single person in a single playthrough. My initial reaction to the augmentations was underwhelming but once you get deeper into the game you realize the necessity of some of the weaker options, some of the initialy exciting augs come back underwhelming (like seeing through walls). But like I said I found myself building up Adam's hacking abilities and so forth more than I ever initially thought I would. Great game great play time, I have invested roughly 22 hours into this game and still havent finished. I dont purchase games due to a pass at blockbuster that I get all my rentals for 20 bucks but a purchase is not a bad idea in this ones case. When you start give it at least 2 or 3 hours to sink in and you will fall into this games trap. Play it! Expand
  39. Aug 30, 2011
    As a gamer since the Commodore 64 days, and specifically an RPG gamer, I have longed for the days of games that captured my attention and kept me there four days. Bards Tale, Elite, and a few others did that. Until recently, only a few games such as System Shock 2 and Planescape gave me that feeling. It has been awhile, but Dues Ex HR does this for me.
    The game graphics are great.
    The game graphics are great. They are perfect for what this game is. Any more and they would just bog the game down (sometimes I think that great graphics are there so you don't notice that the game sucks).
    The sound is so good that you don't notice. It immerses you into the game and it fits so well that you have to make yourself listen to notice.
    The upgrade system is what it should be; you have to choose and there is no right or wrong build. The sneaking system made me feel like I was playing Thief again, but the AI was MUCH better.

I am about half way through this game and as a 43 year old gamer playing since he was 10, it was well worth the money and I would have paid twice the amount. Can't wait for the expansions!
  40. Aug 25, 2011
    I haven't played any of dues ex games before this game. When i saw the trailer i was immediately hooked because of the story was interesting, two it looked epic. Kickass trailer. this game deserve 10 ot of 10
  41. Aug 25, 2011
    Simply a mind blowing RPG - Action packed first person shooter, but if you go into it thoroughly, DX Human Revolution is indeed a revolution to its franchise, a beautiful triple A title that's all i ever dreamed of.
  42. Aug 24, 2011
    The gameplay will keep everyone on their feet in anticipation. A very intense game, full of great visuals and phenomenal music. Only problems are the loading times and short amounts of ammunition, but that doesn't take much away from this awesome game.
  43. Aug 24, 2011
    First let me start off that I've been following this series since the first Deus Ex and was reasonably expecting this game to match or excede the original. Therefore all of my review will be comparing it to the first Deus Ex. And I must say it comes pretty close, but not quite. I will start off with the good first. The graphics are excelent: they capture the cyber-punk atmosphere. My onlyFirst let me start off that I've been following this series since the first Deus Ex and was reasonably expecting this game to match or excede the original. Therefore all of my review will be comparing it to the first Deus Ex. And I must say it comes pretty close, but not quite. I will start off with the good first. The graphics are excelent: they capture the cyber-punk atmosphere. My only complaint is that Square kinda forced their Final Fantasy style graphics on the wardrobe and the character models. Music and sound is adequete for the game. The first Deus Ex music (Not sound effects) in my opinion was better. You have a very large selection of augmentations which can be unlocked through gaining experience points. All the weapons you find in the game can be upgraded in style similar to the Second Deus Ex but with more upgrade slots. Now the Bad....The path choice is nowhere near as broad as the first Deus Ex. You pretty much can either go though the front door or crawl therough the air duct hidden behind the movable cardboard box. There is maybe a sewer or a ladder to scaffolding here and there, but not much else. The enemy has very robotic AI. The will come straight at you and barely ever miss a shot when you are out in the open. Yet, they will funnel though a doorway you are hiding behind after watching their teammate get punched or shot in the head right in front of them. And is I mentioned above: the character models and the wardrobe reeks very much of Square/Enix. I'd go as far tho say the characters looked better in Deus Ex 2 or even 1 just for the fact they looked the part for the atmosphere created for them. Not the outlandish,"Lets add some spikey ruffles to the dress/coat for coolness." type of style seen in the recently horrible Final Fantasy series. It's as if Square has combined emo, pirate, and renaissance to make this mutation that they seem to think looks cool. Overall I am satisfied with this game, but not blown away like I should be for a game made in 2011. Especially since they were supposedly basing the gameplay off of part one. I concur with the previous reviewers that this game is very much dumbed down for the ADD generation raised on CoD and Halo games. The story and gameplay is good, but it won't keep you playing for hours on end looking for every possible path like the first Deus Ex did. I would definately say it is worth buying. But if I had a choice of this one or a graphically remade (Or even rereleased) Deus Ex 1, I would chose Part One in a heartbeat Expand
  44. Aug 26, 2011
    I'm a huge fan of the original Deus Ex and Deus Ex invisible war was just average. I'm glad to say that this isn't the case with Deus Ex: Human Revolution. The game has a great story, atmosphere, and the graphics are pretty well done for an open world game. The combat and stealth are satisfying in DXHR and I like how Adam can only take a few bullets before he dies and isn't a bulletI'm a huge fan of the original Deus Ex and Deus Ex invisible war was just average. I'm glad to say that this isn't the case with Deus Ex: Human Revolution. The game has a great story, atmosphere, and the graphics are pretty well done for an open world game. The combat and stealth are satisfying in DXHR and I like how Adam can only take a few bullets before he dies and isn't a bullet sponge like in most fps'. The voice acting is top notch and the enviroments change enough to keep you interested in DXHR throughout the entire experience. The game does have some weird AI glitches and slow points but, it's nothing that ruined the gameplay experince for me. This is the perfect RPG/FPS hybrid and a lot more people should give it a try. This game earns the nine i'm giving it because DXHR is different than most of the boring FPS clones that come out year after year. The game took me about 35 hours to beat doing lots of the sidequests and just taking my time to enjoy the game and not rush through it. I recommend this game to anyone who likes a good story and an immersive gameplay experience. Expand
  45. Aug 27, 2011
    I never really played the original but this game is hugely impressive. I was really excited about this after the initial trailer but unsure if it could live up to the hype until I played it. My first impressions were that the graphics are really cool but there were one or two sloppy character models and Jensen's voice is a little cheesy. I also found the controls a little fiddly at first.I never really played the original but this game is hugely impressive. I was really excited about this after the initial trailer but unsure if it could live up to the hype until I played it. My first impressions were that the graphics are really cool but there were one or two sloppy character models and Jensen's voice is a little cheesy. I also found the controls a little fiddly at first. But once the game-world opened up proper it blew me away with the level of choice and detail. And the in-game music is incredible. I would say it edges Mass Effect 2 as the best action RPG out there. Expand
  46. Aug 27, 2011
    Ok, square-Enix deserve to be praised on this as it is amazing, even more so that fans constant bash them for final fantasy 13 for not having for free roam for 20+ hours.....do they remember final fantasy 10? One of the best ff games ever with next to no free roam, anyway. Great game. Graphics are not perfect but not bad in anyway if anything they had to come back a little without throwingOk, square-Enix deserve to be praised on this as it is amazing, even more so that fans constant bash them for final fantasy 13 for not having for free roam for 20+ hours.....do they remember final fantasy 10? One of the best ff games ever with next to no free roam, anyway. Great game. Graphics are not perfect but not bad in anyway if anything they had to come back a little without throwing money into games just for people to crush them in reviews, (ff, k&l etc etc) the gameplay is outstanding more so that there have been next to no games out this year that have made you go "WOW". the map size is huge! Think free roam like the darkness, stealth like splinter cell and action like fallout. An all round top game and a must buy. Drag yourselves away from the mindless run and gun and enjoy a real game. And people are complaing about not having 100 save files 0n0 REALLY? Is 20 and auto saves not enough? I use 1 why? Because I play the game not save over and over to find a fault. Idiot! Why are there always people who don't have anything better to do try and troll on the Internet. Great game Square-Enix keep it up! Expand
  47. Aug 26, 2011
    Just as good as the original. The huge variety which the series is known for is back and dare I say even better due to the wide selection of augmentations which you can unlock. Through every situation and encounter I experienced I came across several different routes that lead to completely different areas or were inaccessible due to me not having the right ability. This game has massiveJust as good as the original. The huge variety which the series is known for is back and dare I say even better due to the wide selection of augmentations which you can unlock. Through every situation and encounter I experienced I came across several different routes that lead to completely different areas or were inaccessible due to me not having the right ability. This game has massive replay potential, I want to go back just to see what I missed. The story like the other games is filled with conspiracies, secrets and twists that will completely surprise you as well as the main character Adam Jensen. Overall this is my game of the year, Eidos Montreal did a great job of capturing the essence of the original game which wowed so many people over a decade ago. Expand
  48. Aug 30, 2011
    If you are still really thinking about getting this game then you need to get in your car (or have mommy drive you) and just lay the 60 buck down to play one of the best games I have ever played in my 35 years of life. The story is UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!! POSSIBLE GAME OF THE YEAR SLEEPER!!!!
  49. Aug 30, 2011
    After just completing Deus Ex: Human Revolution, I have to say, this is one of the best games I have played in a long time. It was so easy for me to get completely lost in the brilliant cyber-punk world. With so many twists in the story, it was impossible not to be on the edge of my seat the entire time. From the crowded, neon-lit Hengsha island to the gritty Detroit City hub, theAfter just completing Deus Ex: Human Revolution, I have to say, this is one of the best games I have played in a long time. It was so easy for me to get completely lost in the brilliant cyber-punk world. With so many twists in the story, it was impossible not to be on the edge of my seat the entire time. From the crowded, neon-lit Hengsha island to the gritty Detroit City hub, the stunning visuals make this world so tangible, the player feels like they are actually living every nail-biting second right next to the hero, Adam Jensen. Add to this mix, top notch writing and some of the best voice work I have ever heard in a game. This was a day 1 purchase for me, and I was not disappointed. This game turned out to be all I hoped it would be and more. Expand
  50. Sep 6, 2011
    I really like the atmosphere! The gameplay is a little bit stiff , not as smooth like in other FPS. The role playing-part with upgrades and stuff are really nice , a bit confusing in the beginning. The graphical interface could have been more adjusted for a gamepad but it works okay. I like that you can choose your own playstyle during a mission , you can choose to be stealthy or "GoI really like the atmosphere! The gameplay is a little bit stiff , not as smooth like in other FPS. The role playing-part with upgrades and stuff are really nice , a bit confusing in the beginning. The graphical interface could have been more adjusted for a gamepad but it works okay. I like that you can choose your own playstyle during a mission , you can choose to be stealthy or "Go Berserk" and kill everything in your way. The problem is that you get more experience points (XP) for choosing the stealth option , but what the hell Deus Ex is in someway supposed to be played that way. In conclusion i want to say that Human Revolution is a worthy prequel to the mother of all tech/cyberpunk-RPG's of all time - Deus Ex! Expand
  51. Sep 6, 2011
    awsome! same mood like in first deus ex. Maybe GFX is only allright but... the rest is sucking me all the time. I am not sure what this negative scores are about?
  52. Sep 15, 2011
    This is a truly inspiring game from start to finish. The style of gameplay combined with the style of architecture is just awesome and stunning. The animation style might seem a little bit outdated but the textures all look fine to my zombie eyes :). Furthermore you have multiple dialogue options and multiple opportunities to reach your target. This goes for conversations and gameplay.This is a truly inspiring game from start to finish. The style of gameplay combined with the style of architecture is just awesome and stunning. The animation style might seem a little bit outdated but the textures all look fine to my zombie eyes :). Furthermore you have multiple dialogue options and multiple opportunities to reach your target. This goes for conversations and gameplay. Bottom Line: Amazing Game which is focusing the single players out there and offers a huge replay value! Expand
  53. Jan 29, 2013
    AWESOME, this game is an example of what a stealth game must be! Story is very well written and totally believable, and the flexibility in gameplay makes this game 3 in 1. You can play it by stealth, action or no-confront at all, This is Money well spent for sure!
  54. Aug 24, 2011
    This game is RIDICULOUSLY good!! - I kind of had low expectations as the trailers seemed too good to be true, and being a fan of the original (not IWars though, as that sucked mad balls), I was sceptical anyone could take on the hype and win. Boy, was I wrong... this game is so bloody sexy it's not funny: I definately recommend the Augmented edition (especially if you're in Australasia orThis game is RIDICULOUSLY good!! - I kind of had low expectations as the trailers seemed too good to be true, and being a fan of the original (not IWars though, as that sucked mad balls), I was sceptical anyone could take on the hype and win. Boy, was I wrong... this game is so bloody sexy it's not funny: I definately recommend the Augmented edition (especially if you're in Australasia or Europe) as you'll get all the pre-order bonuses and the Tong mission... you'll want as much of this experience as there is to get, it's that good.

One final note, the three IDIOTS who gave this 0/10 can eat balls and die big time... trying to bring the user score down on purpose is pretty low. It's obviously pro-haters, or just one real f**ktard with three accounts. May you be struck down for your insolence! :) A big 10/10 from me, Demikly.
  55. Aug 24, 2011
    Nice big 10 to offset against the three idiots who gave this a 0 score. Professional haters.

Great game which continues the tradition set down by Deux Ex and Invisible War.
  56. Aug 26, 2011
    The fact that certain morons give this game such a low score, without actually pointing out its innumerable merits, discredits them completely. This game is beautiful. Granted not perfect, but it would be unrealistic to expect much more from a game of this magnitude. The technical constraints, I can only imagine, were numerous. I can't stand net-douches trolling just for the sake ofThe fact that certain morons give this game such a low score, without actually pointing out its innumerable merits, discredits them completely. This game is beautiful. Granted not perfect, but it would be unrealistic to expect much more from a game of this magnitude. The technical constraints, I can only imagine, were numerous. I can't stand net-douches trolling just for the sake of trolling. Disliking a game is one thing, but giving a game with so much depth a "0" or a 1"???? That's just plain ignorance. The story is fantastic, extremely engaging, and to anyone with at least a grade 5 level of intelligence, enormously relevant in today's society. I suspect "ComradeRifle ", "Toneboat923 ", "Hillean", and the like to suffer from severe brain hemorrhaging. This might explain the stupidity and ignorance in their posts. You guys might want to get checked out - could be fatal. Douchebags aside, the gameplay is tight - despite occasional AI glitches - and thoroughly immersing. The sheer amount of options at your disposal when customizing your character is astounding. I found myself taking forever to choose where I would use my praxis points, as almost every decision you make in Human Revolution has a direct impact in your experience. And that is fantastic. Rarely have I found myself so drawn into a world, a game, the way I have with Human Revolution. Pay no mind to the ignorant - they are absolutely entitled to their opinions, but disliking a game and trashing it score wise without pointing ANY redeeming qualities, is just plain trolling. If you're a fan of engaging stories, intense action and Rpgs in general, then do yourself a favor and buy this game. Forget the trolls. Deus Ex Human Revolution deserves better. Expand
  57. Aug 24, 2011
    This game is incredible, and is worthy to have the name Deus Ex. it does have some minor imperfections, the graphics could have been a bit better, and Ive been experiencing a lag every now aga. But everything else, the "4 pillars of gameplay" are there, the atmosphere is fantastic, and the game is actually really dang hard. you will enjoy it if you played the original, and have beenThis game is incredible, and is worthy to have the name Deus Ex. it does have some minor imperfections, the graphics could have been a bit better, and Ive been experiencing a lag every now aga. But everything else, the "4 pillars of gameplay" are there, the atmosphere is fantastic, and the game is actually really dang hard. you will enjoy it if you played the original, and have been longing for the return of the golden age of videogames. this isnt Call of Duty. its not meant for kids, it's meant for the true gamers out there. Expand
  58. Sep 1, 2011
    Stunning game, not without flaws, but the few it has are easily forgiven. The size of the world and attention to detail is staggering. The world feels believable, immersive and lived in. Walking through offcies and labs, seing lots of objects in the areas just makes you feel like someone actually lives or works in the places you visit. Audio is well done and the music just fits perfectly.Stunning game, not without flaws, but the few it has are easily forgiven. The size of the world and attention to detail is staggering. The world feels believable, immersive and lived in. Walking through offcies and labs, seing lots of objects in the areas just makes you feel like someone actually lives or works in the places you visit. Audio is well done and the music just fits perfectly. All in all the atmosphere of the game is brilliant. Gameplay wise i was surprised how easy the multitude of mechanics are to pick up. I was particularly worried about implementation of stealth, but it is superb. The controls are intuitive and just work - a few minutes of playing and you will feel right at home. No long or steep learning curve at all. The gameplay elements are varied and all done to a high level. It is not a shooter, but even playing with guns blazing feels ok. With stealth and alternative approaches to solving problems the game really comes into it's own though. There is ALWAYS multiple ways of reaching your goals in true Deus Ex style. I know i have a good game in my hands when i start planning an approach for a second playthrough while still playing for the first time! Definitely a must buy and keeper. Playing through once took me well over 30 hours and i know i missed quite a few things, so several playthroughs are a certainty for me. Not many games can boast such a high value for money these days. Expand
  59. Aug 25, 2011
    This game is pretty good. Yesterday I had said that this game was "okay", but the further I get through the game, the more I love it. The upgrade system (the augmentation system) is well done, the game really starts giving more options tactically the further you go, and the weapons feel great. I still have gripes, but being most of the way through now, I think I can safely say this game isThis game is pretty good. Yesterday I had said that this game was "okay", but the further I get through the game, the more I love it. The upgrade system (the augmentation system) is well done, the game really starts giving more options tactically the further you go, and the weapons feel great. I still have gripes, but being most of the way through now, I think I can safely say this game is an 8.5 out of 10 (rounded to nine above). Expand
  60. Sep 4, 2011
    I suspect the main reason that some people are giving this wonderful game a low score is because they can't handle something more complex than what they are used to. They can't handle actually thinking while playing a game. They need a cranium augmentation.
  61. Sep 2, 2011
    Thief (old gamers only can remember - Eidos) meets Matrix (the movie) decorated with a Clint Eastwood-like voice of the main character. Choose the way in, the way (to take) out and even the hardware you character wishes to use in his missions. Great RPG elements and decision making that changes the plot. Awesome hacking mini game and abilities that (if chosen) are depicted graphicallyThief (old gamers only can remember - Eidos) meets Matrix (the movie) decorated with a Clint Eastwood-like voice of the main character. Choose the way in, the way (to take) out and even the hardware you character wishes to use in his missions. Great RPG elements and decision making that changes the plot. Awesome hacking mini game and abilities that (if chosen) are depicted graphically during the gameplay (i.e. when you choose the "See through walls" augmentation or the one that makes you jump from a distance. Not sure if the hard core Rambo players around will like it but I absolutely loved it as a small "tour" inside the venting corridors of my game, you will find stunned bodies... The only reason I gave it a 9 is that I am still at the beginning and didn't have the whole picture. Expand
  62. Aug 25, 2011
    Deuce Ex lives up to name and delivers giant load of crap to enjoy from the comfort of your own home. You will enjoy repeatedly dying, an infinitely frustrating stealth and cover system, and an obnoxious inventory limitation to contend with. Yes it is a FPS mixed with RPG elements, and NO this doesn't make it an original concept. I think nerds are just happy to have something thatDeuce Ex lives up to name and delivers giant load of crap to enjoy from the comfort of your own home. You will enjoy repeatedly dying, an infinitely frustrating stealth and cover system, and an obnoxious inventory limitation to contend with. Yes it is a FPS mixed with RPG elements, and NO this doesn't make it an original concept. I think nerds are just happy to have something that isn't COD or BF. Its not unique, innovative and most importantly fun. Don't buy the hype this game is garbage. Expand
  63. Aug 29, 2011
    Best game of the year so far. I never played the original and was worried that I may not get this game because of that, but it really makes no difference if you've played the original or not, this game is just plain fun. It has a Mass Effect vibe which is pretty cool. Definitely worth getting. My only complaint is that hacking is just not fun. Why do video game developers think people wantBest game of the year so far. I never played the original and was worried that I may not get this game because of that, but it really makes no difference if you've played the original or not, this game is just plain fun. It has a Mass Effect vibe which is pretty cool. Definitely worth getting. My only complaint is that hacking is just not fun. Why do video game developers think people want to hack things in video games? Give me a break guys. I play games for the story and to crack skulls. Pick this game up and you'll have a good time. Expand
  64. Sep 1, 2011
    What can i say about this game,other than if it wasn't for Battlefield 3 & possibly Batman-Arkham City this year,then it would've been game of the year.Games like this,where this much genuine effort,perfection & a sense of pride(No bugs i can see AT ALL) in their work from the developer comes along.If only more games companys had the same level of pride & perfection in their work.. I hopeWhat can i say about this game,other than if it wasn't for Battlefield 3 & possibly Batman-Arkham City this year,then it would've been game of the year.Games like this,where this much genuine effort,perfection & a sense of pride(No bugs i can see AT ALL) in their work from the developer comes along.If only more games companys had the same level of pride & perfection in their work.. I hope when these offending developers see this game,they feel shame for the state they ship they're products in.Considering its an RPG,the attention to detail & graphics are astounding,& even the gunplay is tight & very enjoyable.In fact all the elements of this game are fun,however you choose to approach the game,be it All guns blazing,stealth or adaptive by using alot of hacking,The Icarus landing system to drop in,or moving heavy objects to gain access to areas otherwise inaccessible.Whichever method you use,you'll have fun,& the takedown moves are very satisfying,as are all the other moves like the Icarus,that go to a cinematic type view when they're triggered.Theres many other skills that effect the way & things you can do in the game,but i wont go into them.This game makes you feel like a bad-ass,because well,basically you are! I havnt finished the game yet at time of writing,so dont know if you can take your skills with you to subsequent playthroughs,but either way,theres definately potential for multiple playthroughs,as you may want to adopt different tactics,buy different upgrades,take a different avenue in the conversations,or just for the pure fun of it.
    The music & look of the game are top notch too.I cant stress just how polished & perfect this game is.It seems like a pretty big game too,with plenty of Main & sub quests to be getting on with.
    If i was to describe this game,I'd describe it as a cross between Mass Effect,Splinter Cell & Metal Gear Solid with inspiration from Blade Runner & Robocop,which lets face it,is a good thing on all counts.
    As i said at the beginning,rarely do you see such a polished,Perfect,& Bug Free game in this day & age(mores the pity),& i for one congratulate & salute Eidos Montreal for making such a masterpiece.. 10/10 from me because this is literally a perfect creation.(I cant believe some people are giving this 7 or under,much less Zero?! Even if its not your kind of thing,I cant fathom what goes through someones mind,that they couldnt see this as an extremely well made,competent & well above average product).& giving it a zero is an absolute insult & shows a lack good balanced judgment.Besides,zero should be saved,& used on those products that truely deserve it,the TRUELY terrible.Zero's are thrown around too freely on here,by far.
  65. Aug 31, 2011
    11 years ago, Deus Ex changed gaming forever. It is still, for my money, the best game ever made. Human Revolution has some big shoes to fill.

I truly believe that a great game is as much about immersion in a virtual world as it is about gameplay. Though a classic game can still exist without a richly detailed setting and extensive backstory, the presence of these things adds to and enriches the overall gaming experience immeasurably.

Eidos Montreal have pushed hard to set new standards in this field. Few developers are ever this thorough, careful and determined in creating a believable setting for a game. The worlds of William Gibson, Philip K. Dick and Masumune Shirow are referenced and recreated here in astonishing detail, and whether you are familiar with Deus Ex or not, it's a total science fiction nerdgasm. There are hundreds, even thousands of books and newspapers, emails, product brands created specifically for the game, overheard conversations, TV and radio shows, and other snippets of information to be found and pored over.

The locations are simply jaw-dropping, ranging from sprawling urban jungles to opulent corporate penthouses and beyond. You'll just want to stop and look at everything, there is an insane amount of detail. Some of the areas are just stunning in terms of architecture, artwork and design, and the overall art direction is absolutely superb. The soundtrack is sheer perfection. Every glimmer of hope and fear that we have about the future is explored and magnified by Michael McCann's epic score. Itâ
  66. rhe
    Sep 9, 2011
    This game is truly Deus Ex as it was meant to be. A deep and engrossing narrative coupled with mostly excellent voice acting, a strong AI that doesn't just stop looking for you seconds after you move away from their sight and the AI reacts fantastically in combat regularly trying to flush you out of cover with a grenade but also all of the enemy's seem to be proficient marksmen, the gameThis game is truly Deus Ex as it was meant to be. A deep and engrossing narrative coupled with mostly excellent voice acting, a strong AI that doesn't just stop looking for you seconds after you move away from their sight and the AI reacts fantastically in combat regularly trying to flush you out of cover with a grenade but also all of the enemy's seem to be proficient marksmen, the game also encourages you to explore and i actually really liked that about this game and it allowed me to get sucked into the world of Deus Ex even more. However my main issues with the game are firstly the controls as it felt kinda weird at first and it took some getting used to, one good example is having to press X to interact with objects in my inventory when in most other FPS/RPG'S i would have to press A or that you have to press LT to get into cover when i'm normally used to pressing RB. Another issue i had with the game was the fact that it didn't seem to know whether it wanted to be an FPS or a Stealth action game. I say this because the game mainly rewards you for finding ways around enemy's and using non-lethal take-downs by giving you more xp for this method so naturally it would be favorable to pick the augments which would allow you to do this the most proficiently and quickly but then all of a sudden the game throws in boss battle's which means that you're stealth approach now has to be thrown out the window since you are locked in a tight space and all those augments that you have brought on increasing xp suddenly become useless since many of them favor a stealth approach. In all honesty for these main facts I feel like the game deserves a very high 9 and while i really wanted to give this game a 10 these faults really can't be overlooked. Expand
  67. Sep 10, 2011
    Finally this year a game worthy to be called GAME OF THE YEAR. There is sooo much that I could put, but I'll keep it brief. Firstly when you own this game, take your time, enjoy the world your in, search every nut and cranny, enjoy the charcters you meet, and don't spend all your PRAXIS points at once, save up and then spend, but do use online guides to help you with the rightFinally this year a game worthy to be called GAME OF THE YEAR. There is sooo much that I could put, but I'll keep it brief. Firstly when you own this game, take your time, enjoy the world your in, search every nut and cranny, enjoy the charcters you meet, and don't spend all your PRAXIS points at once, save up and then spend, but do use online guides to help you with the right augmentations at the right time in the game, and save frequently, this is the number one rule with this game. If you don't save and end being killed you'll end up regretting it for eternity. Ok there are autosave moments, but you still save manually, this is a must do. And most importantly enjoy what is an incredible thrill ride through the eyes of possibly the best new character on consoles, ADAM JENSON. Its all about you, all about the decisions you make and the way you play the game, thats why this has be a clear winner for GAME OF THE YEAR 2011!!! Expand
  68. Sep 5, 2011
    Amazing. I really liked the game as a whole, however there were some flaws that took maybe some of the overall experience away, or let me rather say it distracted me from it. I am very much a completionist, and unfortunately the game was designed in a way that you will get more XP by really hacking everything and go everywhere. That would translate into more Praxis points (augmentations).Amazing. I really liked the game as a whole, however there were some flaws that took maybe some of the overall experience away, or let me rather say it distracted me from it. I am very much a completionist, and unfortunately the game was designed in a way that you will get more XP by really hacking everything and go everywhere. That would translate into more Praxis points (augmentations). Which is obviously what iam after. However that hunt for more XP had me stay in one area for too long when i was emotionally ready to move on with the story. I dont mind spying **** out and going another way, but it was sometimes a mood killer knowing that the story wants me to go quickly forward but i know i need to check everything out first in order to no forget anything. But these are just minute details. They have however build up over time and were teh reason for my conclusion. Overall this game is the sheeeeet. I would recommend it to anybody Expand
  69. Sep 6, 2011
    I've finished this game twice and enjoyed both times, First play was guns blazing and second hard with stealth.

GRAPHICS: 8/10 Yellow wash Techno world, The environment and atmosphere is stunning and well thought out. Lip syncing of characters and stiff animations can sometimes become annoying. SOUND: 7/10 Ambient sounds effects are well done. Music is well placed and nice to listen to,

SOUND: 7/10 Ambient sounds effects are well done. Music is well placed and nice to listen to, But there is nothing memorable about it. Bad voice acting here and there, But nothing that is horrible.

GAMEPLAY: 9/10 The Reason why this game is awesome. Gun play, stealth or a mixture of both play it your way and see what happens. There isn't a deep choice system for the story or side quests.

FINAL THOUGHT: I recommend this game to everyone. This was the first DEUS EX that i have played!!!
    I'm happy to say I've just started playing through the original PC version.

Paid Normal retail price and I'm still VERY Happy.
  70. Nov 11, 2011
    Editing to right Score. Might Contain Spoilers. As I like to say I'm not a heavy gamer, I just like to relax playing some good stuff, and Deus Ex is a good stuff. Speacialy on the begging of the game. Everything is new, you have lots of possibilities, some side quests, a way to kill no one. But then after some hours playing, if you choose to be a Pacifist and stealth (see trophies to moreEditing to right Score. Might Contain Spoilers. As I like to say I'm not a heavy gamer, I just like to relax playing some good stuff, and Deus Ex is a good stuff. Speacialy on the begging of the game. Everything is new, you have lots of possibilities, some side quests, a way to kill no one. But then after some hours playing, if you choose to be a Pacifist and stealth (see trophies to more info) the game start to become way to long and needlots of saves before open a door for example. It's reminded Doom II. Other thing that bothered me is: looks like it doesn't matter how much augmentation you have to be a killing machine, you'll die pretty easy. Speacially againts Bosses - that are a paradox, if you have enough Typhoon are easy, if you don't, they might get hard to kill. Either way, you got killed easilly like a hot knife slicing butter. After while hacking the numberous computers is a pain and get quite boring. But still, the game is no Mass Effect but you can have some fun playing it. And in this game you have to be very careful in your choices as well, for that it will possibilite new side quests and trophies, but I got dissapointed at the end of the game, coz it seems it didn't matter my choices, I could experiment all different endings of the game. Expand
  71. Sep 5, 2011
    It's without a doubt an incredibly fun game, however the gameplay lacks intuition, the graphics lack polish, and the story lacks any sense of urgency. Ends up being really repetitive, and there are moments where you'll feel like it's not worth the amount of time you put into it. I had to step away from it several times and go back. It's got bits of action, shooter and rpgs, but it doesn'tIt's without a doubt an incredibly fun game, however the gameplay lacks intuition, the graphics lack polish, and the story lacks any sense of urgency. Ends up being really repetitive, and there are moments where you'll feel like it's not worth the amount of time you put into it. I had to step away from it several times and go back. It's got bits of action, shooter and rpgs, but it doesn't do any one thing that well. This game is only getting 10s because it was the first decent game after the dry season. It's absolutely not a flawless game, on technicalities alone, regardless of if you're a fan of the series or the gameplay. It is also no deserving of some of the derision in the negative votes. It's an ok game. Expand
  72. Sep 19, 2011
    Absolutely quality game, not quite as good as the original (but what is?) and a good remedy for the rubbish cash in that was invisible war. A glitch here and there but fantastically put together, get production value, well thought through missions and just great looking.
  73. Nov 30, 2011
    I was extremely worried when I heard DE3 was coming. Being a huge fan of the original 2 games made me worry about how they would follow such good games. I shouldn't have worried. DE3 is an exceptional, mature game. It has bags of atmospheree and oozes quality. The story is clever and thee consequences of your actions are reacted to instantly. The best RPG-shooter I have ever played. My gfI was extremely worried when I heard DE3 was coming. Being a huge fan of the original 2 games made me worry about how they would follow such good games. I shouldn't have worried. DE3 is an exceptional, mature game. It has bags of atmospheree and oozes quality. The story is clever and thee consequences of your actions are reacted to instantly. The best RPG-shooter I have ever played. My gf even likes it lol. Minor flaws in AI and a slightly dissapointing shift in the final chapter don't detract from an excellent experience. If Me2 can get a perfect score and have half as much intelligence, choice or actual rpg elements as this, then I can't in perfect conscience give it less than 10. My friend told me that me2 is the game to compare all others to. If so, then a lot of games deserve 10's. Expand
  74. May 2, 2012
    This game was absolutely amazing from beginning to end. Not only was I able to go through the game without killing a single person, I was able to genuinely have fun doing so. The graphics are amazing, glitches are fairly hard to come by without trying, and the storyline is just great overall. The only real thing I have to complain about is the A.I.'s behavior. I could take out half of anThis game was absolutely amazing from beginning to end. Not only was I able to go through the game without killing a single person, I was able to genuinely have fun doing so. The graphics are amazing, glitches are fairly hard to come by without trying, and the storyline is just great overall. The only real thing I have to complain about is the A.I.'s behavior. I could take out half of an army without anyone seeing me, and nobody would get alarmed that their buddies aren't patrolling anymore. Made me feel like they were some sort of puppet. The fact that I could break a guys arm before knocking him out, only for another guy to come and wake him up with no discernable signs of injury just adds to the whole puppet thing. All of this, however, is masked by awesome gameplay and stunning visuals. Who cares if that guy is woken up perfectly fine after I beat the crud outta him, if I get to beat the crud outta him plus his friend in one swift movement right afterwards, it's all good. Expand
  75. Sep 13, 2011
    I never played the original Deus Ex, but that's something you clearly don't need to enjoy this game. Basicly, don't come looking for a first person shooter. It's a mix of stealth/action..., but you do have scenes you have to shoot like hell... this however is optional. Boss encounters forces you into combat... and even then you can replace it with setting traps or just bombing him/herI never played the original Deus Ex, but that's something you clearly don't need to enjoy this game. Basicly, don't come looking for a first person shooter. It's a mix of stealth/action..., but you do have scenes you have to shoot like hell... this however is optional. Boss encounters forces you into combat... and even then you can replace it with setting traps or just bombing him/her away.-- POSITIVE: Incredible story telling - Interesting characters - Augmentation (upgrade) system - the many ways for completing quests, so definitely replayability!-- NEGATIVE: Some characters can look bland, graphicly wise. CLOSING COMMENTS: Deus Ex: HR is a great game. It's fun, interesting and beautiful. Expand
  76. Sep 16, 2011
    It's pretty good considering it's trying to live up to the original Deus Ex. I thought the story to be intriguing and immerse much like the original Deus Ex. It combines FPS with 3rd person elements (that can seem clunky at times but it's different and that's what counts.). It's definitely a bit different than recent games to be released and a welcome change to the stagnant market theseIt's pretty good considering it's trying to live up to the original Deus Ex. I thought the story to be intriguing and immerse much like the original Deus Ex. It combines FPS with 3rd person elements (that can seem clunky at times but it's different and that's what counts.). It's definitely a bit different than recent games to be released and a welcome change to the stagnant market these days. I cannot however say that it lives up to the original Dues Ex or has the same amount of immersiveness as Deus Ex did, but that is a hefty benchmark to live up to and when compared to recent games it outshines them quite a bit imo and needs much more recognition. One thing this games does do that the original didn't is introduce much more flush characters with a much more down to Earth feel as well as a main character that isn't your typical bald macho guy and actually has some uniqueness to him. Expand
  77. Sep 9, 2011
    I liked this game the combat was good not great, the take down needs reworking it uses to much energy even when maxed out. the story is OK it reminds me of Ghost in the shell stand alone complex. I hate the inventory system all F-ing shotgun shells should be in one spot etc.... you should have several storage hubs so you don't have to drop a good weapon so you can take a new one.
  78. Sep 11, 2011
    Really great expansion to the series, but fails to live up to expectations. Deus Ex pioneered limitless player customization and moral choices in gameplay that modify the story in countless ways, but Human Revolution feels more like an interactive story than role-playing. You feel like you ARE JC Denton when playing Deus Ex, but in Human Revolution, you simply follow Adam Jensen on his ownReally great expansion to the series, but fails to live up to expectations. Deus Ex pioneered limitless player customization and moral choices in gameplay that modify the story in countless ways, but Human Revolution feels more like an interactive story than role-playing. You feel like you ARE JC Denton when playing Deus Ex, but in Human Revolution, you simply follow Adam Jensen on his own quest. But all that aside, I deeply enjoyed Deus Ex: Human Revolution, even though it could have been something so much more special. Expand
  79. Nov 18, 2011
    I take back what I said about my review on this. This is the MOST bada*s f*cking game in the world. Just thinking about Adam Jensen punching through a wall or using the Typhoon makes me just feel awesome and kicka*s. There's killer music, awesome game-play, and the most bada*s weapons and characters. Hell, even Adam Jensen's pose on the cover has bada*s written all over it!!!! It's evenI take back what I said about my review on this. This is the MOST bada*s f*cking game in the world. Just thinking about Adam Jensen punching through a wall or using the Typhoon makes me just feel awesome and kicka*s. There's killer music, awesome game-play, and the most bada*s weapons and characters. Hell, even Adam Jensen's pose on the cover has bada*s written all over it!!!! It's even made in my home town of Montréal. Great job Edios Montréal! Expand
  80. Sep 7, 2011
    As many have said, its a step in the right direction, but its not as good as the original. You can tell a lot of work has gone into the art style and overall look of the game, though the yellow does tend to grate after a while. I did miss some of the gothic and punk vibe the original had. There are some nice little details and nuances that bring the world alive especially in Detroit, thatAs many have said, its a step in the right direction, but its not as good as the original. You can tell a lot of work has gone into the art style and overall look of the game, though the yellow does tend to grate after a while. I did miss some of the gothic and punk vibe the original had. There are some nice little details and nuances that bring the world alive especially in Detroit, that area really was a pleasure to explore. The second hub was a lot less fun to navigate though. The sound design was solid, nice gun sfx. Exploration is deep, there is always a reward for those that want to wander off and explore all the nooks and crannies, though a couple of levels, last level in particular was very boring with not much happening in it, and no real challenge. Side quests are multi-part similar to Fallout 3, so they don't feel like a chore. Controls are a bit iffy, and there is only one scheme available, so if you like Aim on the Left Trigger like me, then its gonna take some getting used to.

One of the big features I'm not keen on is the third person. The game is mainly played in first person, but pops into third when you use cover or for dramatic effect, like when Jensen takes down an enemy with a contextual melee attack... I dunno, just makes me feel detached from the the game when it happens. I mean there is nothing wrong with the cover mechanic per se, or the contextual melee, both work fine. Its just the camera shift is very distracting and kinda takes you out of the moment. The take-down can feel a bit out of context sometimes though.

Boss fights arenâ
  81. Sep 11, 2011
    Action or Stealth you decide! Brilliant job at pulling it off. As a RPG fan as well I love how it hybrid the best elements of it. Even more so then the "Action-RPG" game Mass Effect 2. Your choices made a difference, not directly on the world around you but certainly in the scope of the plot and the main missions. Customisation of your character and of the your weapons was reallyAction or Stealth you decide! Brilliant job at pulling it off. As a RPG fan as well I love how it hybrid the best elements of it. Even more so then the "Action-RPG" game Mass Effect 2. Your choices made a difference, not directly on the world around you but certainly in the scope of the plot and the main missions. Customisation of your character and of the your weapons was really fun. The the musical score was fantastic as well as the detail of the environments. The hacking mini-game was enjoyable too. Normally they are just prolonged chores, but this one was indeed fun. Fantastic game. Expand
  82. Jan 12, 2013
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution had some very big shoes to fill. Not only did it have the pressure of hype because of the amazing trailers Square Enix and Eidos put out, but they had to live up to one of the most beloved games ever. After being disappointed already, I don't think Deus Ex fans would've been so kind if another sequel failed to meet their expectations. Luckily, I'm here to reportDeus Ex: Human Revolution had some very big shoes to fill. Not only did it have the pressure of hype because of the amazing trailers Square Enix and Eidos put out, but they had to live up to one of the most beloved games ever. After being disappointed already, I don't think Deus Ex fans would've been so kind if another sequel failed to meet their expectations. Luckily, I'm here to report that this game will go down in history as one of the absolute finest out there. If you want a meaty single player experience that offers something truly unforgettable, you better get yourself a copy right now. Expand
  83. Jan 17, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Amazing story, nice graphics, nice game play and a excellent characters. If you want a game to entertain you, Deus Ex Human Revolution is the option. The RPG elements are fantastic and the boss fights too. No doubt that this game is my GOTY, the only thing that I thing that this game need is that you can re play the game after you finish the first time, with all Adam's upgrades. Amazing game. Expand
  84. Mar 13, 2013
    Great story and great storytelling in this game BUT the gameplay is off by a longshot. The "super" powers are anything but, and the implementation of actions can be frustrating, as it jumps to a cutscene, then back into character. Can make it difficult when you are hanging on for dear life in a firefight.
  85. Sep 19, 2011
    one of the best games i've played in years, shines in story and gameplay, while also letting you choose your own way. too bad that the around the ending - as in many games these days - the game just falls apart, not giving the player a catharsis-like closure.
  86. Sep 17, 2011
    A combination of Splinter Cell and The Matrix with a sprinkle of L.A. Noire's dynamic conversations on top makes this the ultimate cyberpunk experience you'll ever be able to find. Great story-telling, tremendous action, and a plethora of choices at your disposal at any given moment, the only major flaw I see with the game is in load times and long corridors to disguise load times thatA combination of Splinter Cell and The Matrix with a sprinkle of L.A. Noire's dynamic conversations on top makes this the ultimate cyberpunk experience you'll ever be able to find. Great story-telling, tremendous action, and a plethora of choices at your disposal at any given moment, the only major flaw I see with the game is in load times and long corridors to disguise load times that break the pace of this otherwise stellar game. Expand
  87. Nov 23, 2013
    An incredibly fun game, beautifully crafted with strong RPG depth, exciting stealth mechanics and very well honed 3rd person cover based shooting. Whilst the game probably was a little too easy at times, I didn't feel like it mattered I was enjoying every minute of it and whether you are in to sci-fi, rpgs or just like a good shooter romp I think you will too.
  88. Oct 29, 2012
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution has happily been worth the wait and is a game that can hold its head up high next to the first game. Jensen isn't the most charismatic character, and the story is a tad patchy in places, but the game's world and its characters more than make up for it. Deus Ex: Human Revolution heralds the arrival of the cyber-renaissance, and it's pure gold.
  89. Oct 10, 2011
    This game is good example about how games should be made. Offering a lot of variety, allowing you to choose how you want to play (Even play the game by barely killing anyone!). The story is very good and it's interesting. There's only two complaints about the game. The enemies are way too accurate. It must have been used to make you really careful when sneaking, but it's not fun at all toThis game is good example about how games should be made. Offering a lot of variety, allowing you to choose how you want to play (Even play the game by barely killing anyone!). The story is very good and it's interesting. There's only two complaints about the game. The enemies are way too accurate. It must have been used to make you really careful when sneaking, but it's not fun at all to die in two bullets when you're far away. Boss battles also don't fit to the game at all and can be really annoying, if you don't have lethal weaponry carried before those. You are also forced to kill them, which is stupid. The game didn't also feel like you really choose the story, but that really isin't so bad thing to drop scores from the game. What ever Deus Ex fan or not, you will enjoy this. Most likely the GOTY for me. Expand
  90. Nov 14, 2011
    My GOTY. I've purchased Uncharted 3, Gears 3, Dead Space 2, Killzone 3, Infamous 2, Batman Arkham City, L.A. Noire and Battlefield 3 this year and without a doubt Deus Ex Revolution is my GOTY (maybe Batman AC tied). Really, there's nothing like it this gen, it offers a new experience and gives a glimpse of what the next-gen of SP gaming could be like (or a forgotten last-gen thatMy GOTY. I've purchased Uncharted 3, Gears 3, Dead Space 2, Killzone 3, Infamous 2, Batman Arkham City, L.A. Noire and Battlefield 3 this year and without a doubt Deus Ex Revolution is my GOTY (maybe Batman AC tied). Really, there's nothing like it this gen, it offers a new experience and gives a glimpse of what the next-gen of SP gaming could be like (or a forgotten last-gen that emphasized SP experiences), albeit, with current-gen graphics. Regardless, this game is what is sorely missing from the abundance of very weak single player experiences. The game has its flaws but they're easily overlooked given how immersive the game is. Most games in the back-end of this gen are derivative and stick to tired old formulas, this game is a refreshing experience in a generation filled with short and shallow SP experiences. I got a feeling reminiscent of playing MGS for the first time on PS1 while playing this game - good story with fun, creative stealth gameplay coupled with a tremendous sense of atmosphere. Any fan of SP should definitely check it out. The overall experience certainly makes you forget it's minor flaws. For SP FPS fans it's the best FPS game this year - 9.5/10 Expand
  91. Sep 26, 2011
    Its been 10 years since I couldn't put down a single player game. Just one more auto save...one more level up...one more mission....one more night. Its not as in depth as the original was over a decade ago, but at least half the time the game benefits from it. The game plays out far more linearly but it doesn't matter when ever mission is this fun.
  92. Feb 5, 2012
    This is a very intriguing game. The environments, graphics, characters, and overarching story are VERY well done. The only problems with it are occasional AI stupidity, the main story (in detail), and some conversation mechanics. It is definitely more of a stealth-based game, but you can play it as solely an FPS (with some frustration over the small amount of health/ammo and shaky gunThis is a very intriguing game. The environments, graphics, characters, and overarching story are VERY well done. The only problems with it are occasional AI stupidity, the main story (in detail), and some conversation mechanics. It is definitely more of a stealth-based game, but you can play it as solely an FPS (with some frustration over the small amount of health/ammo and shaky gun mechanics). The visuals are sometimes very reminiscent of Blade Runner, in a very good way. The supporting characters are rather well flushed-out, and are voice acted well, but Adam Jensen could definitely use some work in both fields. The story, when looked at as a whole, is interesting and well done, but when you are playing through and words like "illuminati" are thrown around without ever building up to anything, it gets a bit annoying to anyone looking for a good conspiracy-theory story. You rarely know who you're fighting and for what reasons, and in many cases, the Bosses are only introduced a few minutes before you fight them. You really need to work to find out which character is related to which corporation and what they did to make you mad. The conversation also get a tad repetitive and the characters' movements get intensely annoying. Every character will make exactly the same completely unnatural movements when in conversation. Those problems aside, this is a very good-looking, well-polished game that I completely recommend. There are multiple approaches to any given situation, and I like that in a game. I remember distinctly one room where you are supposed to call an elevator and enemies run into the room for the few minutes it takes the elevator to reach you. This would obviously be hard for anyone going for the achievement which requires you to beat the game without killing anyone. I found that I could (with an upgrade) lift vending machines and heavy crates and block all of the entrances to the room, so no enemies could get in. I think that that is a brilliant option to be able to do in a game. Finally, for the achievement hunters: The achievement list is relatively easy, aside from the three major ones: Beat the game on Hard, Beat the game without setting off any alarms, and Beat the game without killing anyone. It took me four playthroughs to get all of them. Many requirements are either not apparent or are plain ridiculous. One occurrence that cheated me out of the "Do not kill" achievement was a section where there is an ambush and you can choose to give a key person one of your weapons to protect himself. I only had two heavily upgraded lethal weapons I was saving for boss fights, so I didn't want to give either up after pouring that much money into them. I chose to keep them to then find out that by not giving him a weapon, he is killed, and that counts as someone "dying by your hand" as written in the achievement. I still find this stupid. Again, read my score and only take these complaints as really nitpicky problems, because I was never once bored during those playthroughs and I had tons of fun. Expand
  93. Feb 20, 2012
    I know I'm a little late on this review since the game has been out since last year but I had to come on here and give my review anyway's...Deus ex is a great game,I haven't finished it yet but so far I'm loving every min I'm playing this visually stunning game.voices,story,graphics,gameplay all are great I recommend this game to anyone who enjoy's fps/action/rpg's.plus you can't ever goI know I'm a little late on this review since the game has been out since last year but I had to come on here and give my review anyway's...Deus ex is a great game,I haven't finished it yet but so far I'm loving every min I'm playing this visually stunning game.voices,story,graphics,gameplay all are great I recommend this game to anyone who enjoy's fps/action/rpg's.plus you can't ever go wrong with cyber punk themes. Expand
  94. Nov 11, 2015
    Un juego sólido con aspectos realmente brillantes. Su diseño, profundidad y narración se elevan muy por encima de la media sin resultar pretencioso. Lástima de varios defectos que acaban pesándole, como ese tramo final que tira por tierra todo un clímax épico que se ha ido construyendo gracias a una narrativa bien desarrollada. No obstante, al final, lo bueno pesa más que lo malo.
  95. Jan 20, 2012
    Updating my scoring after revisiting the game. Originally I gave it just 6 out of 10 as I found it rather frustrating to play. I recently restarted the game, this time taking a more combat based approach, mixed in with the stealth. Much less frustrating to play, and as a result I've begun to appreciate what this game has to offer. The game has an interesting story, good setting, and decentUpdating my scoring after revisiting the game. Originally I gave it just 6 out of 10 as I found it rather frustrating to play. I recently restarted the game, this time taking a more combat based approach, mixed in with the stealth. Much less frustrating to play, and as a result I've begun to appreciate what this game has to offer. The game has an interesting story, good setting, and decent voice acting. Only technical issue I have with it is the fact that you can't turn off (or reduce) the head bobbing motion when your character moves. I know some people like this, however I find it rather off putting, and I know it even makes some people sick. All in all a very good effort from Eidos (though I still think the boss battles are a bit lame). 8 out of 10. Expand
  96. Jun 9, 2013
    The original Deus Ex was a true step forward for gaming. Combining elements of the first person shooter and RPG genres it allowed the player more freedom to choose their own path through the game than virtually any other title before or since. As a result any games released in the series are always going to be the subject of huge amounts of hype. Fortunately Human Revolution, for the mostThe original Deus Ex was a true step forward for gaming. Combining elements of the first person shooter and RPG genres it allowed the player more freedom to choose their own path through the game than virtually any other title before or since. As a result any games released in the series are always going to be the subject of huge amounts of hype. Fortunately Human Revolution, for the most part, lives up to that hype.

Playing as a prequel to the first two titles in the series the game takes place in the 2020's with human augmentation still in its infancy and creating tension between those that can afford the technology and those that can't (or choose not to use it). The opening sees the main protagonist, Adam Jensen, left mortally wounded in an attack on the augmentation facility in which he works. In order to save his life he his involuntarily equipped all manner of said augmentations. Six months later and fully recovered he sets out to unravel the conspiracy surrounding the attack that almost cost him his life. This story is generally well told and is certainly more interesting than most video game scripts. As the game progresses the player is rewarded with a choice of upgrades that allow for different styles of play. If you want to run in all guns blazing then upgrade the damage you can take, if you want to go in quietly then unlock the invisibility upgrade. The choice is always yours and the excellent control scheme makes virtually any choice possible.

Alongside the main quest are a series of side quests that be can be initiated by talking to certain people around the main city hubs. Avoiding the usual fetch quests associated with RPG's these usually offer multi-layered objectives that again offer the player the choice of how best to tackle the problem.

Now for the negatives and the reason I have not awarded the full five stars. Firstly, despite all the advances made in video games in the last ten years, the AI of the enemies is still lacking. When patrolling these enemies will patrol a set route around the room and, as is the case with every stealth based game ever released, it is possible with a little patience to work out exactly when to move to avoid detection or take out an enemy. Also if an enemy spots a dead or unconscious colleague they will search for you for all of about 2 minutes before giving up and returning to their preset patrol route making them an easy target. The second negative is the frankly unnecessary boss battles. In a game that allows such freedom of choice (including the option of never having to kill anyone) it is jarring to find yourself in a one on one battle with a super powered enemy in which the only option is to kill them. Why does the player not have any choice in how to deal with these situations?

Despite these faults Human Revolution is a fantastic achievement that, while not the revolution the original was, is amongst the very best games available on Xbox360 and would make a great addition to anyone's collection.
  97. Apr 7, 2012
    i give this game 11 just for atmosphere...unfortunately it only lets me do 10 excellent story very engrossing, interesting rpg elements some skills are useless ie. cones of vision, no damage from falling (almost useless), decent visuals will be better next time i assume since this is new ip essentially

im playing this game a second time through just because of all these things coming together in a very compelling way everyone should buy this game and experience it
  98. Feb 3, 2013
    I am happy to say that this game lives up to the original. Loads to do with so many missions and upgrades, the only thing that lets it down are the poor boss fights.
  99. Nov 19, 2012
    Re-review. I was way too harsh on this game with my first review, having played it through again I've now revised my opinion - very good but flawed, and still nowhere near as good as the original. The trouble with the game is that the faults are just so basic, and so easily rectifiable that it makes it very frustrating. Let's start positive though, the first 2/3rds of the game work reallyRe-review. I was way too harsh on this game with my first review, having played it through again I've now revised my opinion - very good but flawed, and still nowhere near as good as the original. The trouble with the game is that the faults are just so basic, and so easily rectifiable that it makes it very frustrating. Let's start positive though, the first 2/3rds of the game work really well and the game's high points come at sections where, instead of having to infiltrate a place, you actually have to escape it. Game mechanics work well enough and the design of the earlier places flows very nicely. The fundamental flaws which do so much to hinder the game though are as follows: Firstly, the game is far too geared towards stealth - the original Deaus Ex was all about choice, but with Human revolution rewarding the player with more exp points for stealth "kills" than action ones this essentially punishes those who want to play a more action orientated style - poor design IMO. Secondly, you really do need to choose the right Augs to enjoy the experience. Punch through walls, parachute and lift heavy objects are essential just to do things which are necessary to have fun. The game is setup to punish you if you make the wrong choices, whereas it should be setup to reward you if you make the right one, and that does effect enjoyability. Thirdly there's just too much hacking - there's no need for so much and it bogs the game down. Fourthly it falls apart towards the end. The last few sections are really bland (the final one especially) and it honestly should have been scrapped. The plot loses it too and major twists hinted at never emerge. Finally the way your Aug's energy is managed is stupid - you really should just be able to recharge all of your slots. It's still a good game and has some great moments; it's also got a fantastically balanced difficulty which allows for a perfect balance of challenge, death, satisfaction and progression without getting overly frustrating. But be warned, it takes some work to appreciate the good game which lies in there. Expand
  100. Apr 3, 2013
    I haven't expected too much from the game at first (never played the original), but it really surprised me. You can really feel the effort that Eidos Montreal has put into this great game.

Style, story and universe are incredibly interesting and based on your skills, or your way to interact with great developed characters, every playthrough can feel different. One gripe that I may have

One gripe that I may have are the side-missions. You land in some city because of the main-mission and the side-missions you get are in most cases just optional additions. They never lead you go somewhere new, what makes them uninteresting after a few.
    The way these mission are played, is fun though. Challenging and fair. You just don't have 2 options: sneak or shoot. It is different: hacking turrets and cameras, going threw ventilation shafts, assassinate guards, several entrances... There are many ways to the goal. Whatever your plan is, there are decent skills for every type of gamer.

The games' strongest point is it's great developed story, supported with decent gameplay and average tech. At todays' dead RPG genre a very good game.
  101. Aug 28, 2011

1. Nov 29, 2011
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution lives up to the lofty expectations of the Deus Ex name. Beyond that, it's a superb game in its own right.
  2. Nov 15, 2011
  3. Sep 29, 2011
    Deus EX Human Revolution has been one of the more entertaining games I have played this year so far. Filled with a gripping story, interesting characters, and addictive game play Deus Ex is a game that would be a worthy addition to any collection. Fans of action or RPG games should find a lot of value in this retail title.