8.3

1. Mar 3, 2014
    fun gamplay tremendous story cool lever Exploration super good protagonist satisfactory ending and one of the best sountrack Ever made.boss fight pretty easy the only thing that cant make feel Empty
  2. Mar 2, 2014
    Is a third/first person game where you can choose to play any style (stealth, guns blazing, hacking, etc) and is set in a near future cyber punk inspired world, takes you to places from Detroit to china to Canada etc. Pros: Lots of choices in gameplay, levels are well designed 4 different endings (all satisfying enough) Great voice acting Nice visuals Great sound design High replay ability
    Great length: 25+ hours
    Great protagonist
    Good side characters
    Good side missions
    Repercussions in story on choices you make
    Diverse levelling system, thoroughly ur journey you will see some things you should of upgraded to go through there etc, but all skills are useful.
    Bad:
    Facial animations
    Lip sync
    Boss fights
    Bad villains, didn't have any backstory
  3. Nov 23, 2013
    An incredibly fun game, beautifully crafted with strong RPG depth, exciting stealth mechanics and very well honed 3rd person cover based shooting. Whilst the game probably was a little too easy at times, I didn't feel like it mattered I was enjoying every minute of it and whether you are in to sci-fi, rpgs or just like a good shooter romp I think you will too.
  4. Nov 13, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Deus Ex: Human Revolution(XBOX 360 Edition)

Intro- I had played Deus Ex: Invisible War and didn't really care about it. So when I heard about this game, I was hesitant to say the least. Kind of wish now that I had went with my instincts. This is a perfect example of why not to trust reviews from big game sites. Here are the reasons why:

Story- Basically, you play a guy that nearly gets killed in an attack on a science lab. Your friend/girlfriend does get killed, so you go after the people that did it and discover a larger conspiracy. This is all I made out of the story. Its quite boring, in a "been there, done that" sort of way. Not only is it boring, but it also gets really confusing. Pretty sure that I played through most of the game without a clue as to what was happening. Also the choices that you make through the game don't seem to make much difference. The only one that I saw that had any effect at all was near the beginning of the game, and that only decide if a women lived or not. Big deal. As a final f-you, the ending is stupid and rushed. All you get is a lame final "Boss" and a cut scene. Not worth the hours you invested to get to it.

Gameplay- The gunplay feels okay, but could have been better. It feels like every other out there. You can crouch, shoot, lean around cover, ECT. Basic stuff. The thing is though, its nearly imposable to run and gun. You have got to use your brain, your you are going to die. A lot. Not only are the enemies hard to kill, but the game is really stingy with ammo. You can sneak instead of fighting though and its likely that is what you will be doing for the majority of the game Especially since you really need to keep well supplied for the terrible, often unfair, boss fights). Even if you can manage to find a lot of stuff, its unlikely that you will be able to store any of it, as the inventory space is incredibly small( even if fully upgraded). Also, a word of warning if you deicide to go the stealth root and put a lot points into being better at that, watch out not to get caught. If you do get caught, its very likely you will die. Speaking of points, the game has a lame stat tree that it uses to pretend to be a real RPG. I assure you that its not, in the same way that Borderlands and Darksiders 2 aren't really RPGs. Also you have to play god-awful hacking minigames that will make you wish that you had never bought this game. And they are everywhere.

Graphics- Overall it looks pretty good. The look really adds to the dystopian world of Deus Ex. The cities look nice( even thought the area you can explore is small) and are interesting to look at. Cannot say the same for the people. They all look like lifeless dolls that stay in the same area forever. It really keeps you from getting immerged in the game. The other thing that bothered me was that the game was REALLY yellow looking. Maybe there was suppose to be a reason for that, but I just found it head-ach inducing

Sound- The voice acting was okay. The protagonist sounded sort of like Client Eastwood from the "Dollar" movies. That was pretty cool. The rest sounded fine. The guns sounded weird for some reason. They just didn't sound like what a real weapon firing would sound like. The music was fine, I guess( I didn't really pay much attention to it, so it couldn't have been too good).

Conclusion- Not a terrible game, but there are much better choices out there. If you can find it cheap( and you should be able to now) give it a try. Don't expect much out of it though.
  5. Nov 4, 2013
    I have been a long time fan of intricate rpg's and thinking games. Deus Ex will give you some of that complexity you crave. However for me it is wrapped in such a linear, pointless, b-movie script that I can't muster up the ambition to play past the first couple levels. There was no immersion or compulsion to find out what pre-determined encounter might be around the next corner. But I have never been able to enjoy on-rail games (except Spacemarine). If you like scripted stories with only one way to complete them then this is probably a good representation of that genre. Hitting the uninstall button now. Expand
  6. Jul 23, 2013
    This game has an incredible story that gets better with every playthrough. I feel like this game took the best parts of an RPG, an FPS and the Splinter Cell style stealth gives you an incredible amount of versatility. I think the best feature of this game was the ability to choose whether you wanted to play as a stealthy pacifist, an assassin of opportunity, or a kill-em-all machine gunner. I also thought that the hacking and security measures added a great twist to the stealth platform.

The only part of this game I found to be awkward was the boss fights which embraced a run-and-gun style that seemed out of place.

Overall, this game had an exceptional story with a number of surprising twists and a great style of play.
  7. Jun 26, 2013
    Simply put, this is one of, if not the best, first person shooter of this generation, and here's why.

1. The concept behind Deus Ex: Human Revolution involving human augmentations is just really interesting. For some reason, the whole controversy regarding whether or not humans should advance is just really compelling. It never got boring, and it made the political aspects of the game
    really cool.

2. The graphics are just stunning. They're mainly made up of orange and black color schemes, which makes the game look very stylish and slick. It also helps to make the places you visit far more interesting.

3. The music and sound design is top notch.

4. The gameplay is just phenomenal. The game allows for a huge amount of player freedom. You can approach most situations in any logical way you might think. For example, if you have to get through a gate, you can either kill the guard by the door, bribe the guard, knock him out, bribe him and then kill him to get your money back, or you can just forget him and climb over the gate by stacking boxes. This kind of freedom is one that I have not experienced in any game other than this one.

The only reason this game isn't a 10 is because of its few imperfections. For one thing, the loading screens are insanely long, up to 40 seconds in length. Also, character animations are pretty poor in conversation. AI isn't the best, and enemies just sort of stand around waiting for you to shoot them some times. The worst issue, however, is the boss battles. The whole game I had been upgrading my stealth abilities, only then to get my ass kicked by a boss. It's not really emphasizing freedom of play if I have to upgrade offensive abilities for bosses, and that sucks.

Regardless of its flaws, Deus Ex: Human Revolution is a game that any fan of FPSs or RPGs should play.
  8. Jun 19, 2013
    Beautiful art, spine tingling soundtrack, and heavy moral questions make this game one of the best you'll ever play. This game will go down in history as one of the greatest, even if it was so limited by 2011 technology.
  9. Jun 9, 2013
    The original Deus Ex was a true step forward for gaming. Combining elements of the first person shooter and RPG genres it allowed the player more freedom to choose their own path through the game than virtually any other title before or since. As a result any games released in the series are always going to be the subject of huge amounts of hype. Fortunately Human Revolution, for the most part, lives up to that hype.

Playing as a prequel to the first two titles in the series the game takes place in the 2020's with human augmentation still in its infancy and creating tension between those that can afford the technology and those that can't (or choose not to use it). The opening sees the main protagonist, Adam Jensen, left mortally wounded in an attack on the augmentation facility in which he works. In order to save his life he his involuntarily equipped all manner of said augmentations. Six months later and fully recovered he sets out to unravel the conspiracy surrounding the attack that almost cost him his life. This story is generally well told and is certainly more interesting than most video game scripts. As the game progresses the player is rewarded with a choice of upgrades that allow for different styles of play. If you want to run in all guns blazing then upgrade the damage you can take, if you want to go in quietly then unlock the invisibility upgrade. The choice is always yours and the excellent control scheme makes virtually any choice possible.

Alongside the main quest are a series of side quests that be can be initiated by talking to certain people around the main city hubs. Avoiding the usual fetch quests associated with RPG's these usually offer multi-layered objectives that again offer the player the choice of how best to tackle the problem.

Now for the negatives and the reason I have not awarded the full five stars. Firstly, despite all the advances made in video games in the last ten years, the AI of the enemies is still lacking. When patrolling these enemies will patrol a set route around the room and, as is the case with every stealth based game ever released, it is possible with a little patience to work out exactly when to move to avoid detection or take out an enemy. Also if an enemy spots a dead or unconscious colleague they will search for you for all of about 2 minutes before giving up and returning to their preset patrol route making them an easy target. The second negative is the frankly unnecessary boss battles. In a game that allows such freedom of choice (including the option of never having to kill anyone) it is jarring to find yourself in a one on one battle with a super powered enemy in which the only option is to kill them. Why does the player not have any choice in how to deal with these situations?

Despite these faults Human Revolution is a fantastic achievement that, while not the revolution the original was, is amongst the very best games available on Xbox360 and would make a great addition to anyone's collection.
  10. May 27, 2013
    Amazing game! Upgrading yourself is fun and there are so many different ways to tackle a level. The story was well done and very engrossing. I hope they release more!
  11. May 8, 2013
    I was really hyped about this game, but just couldnt get into it. Game had too much small text that was very hard to read and main character was so lifeless and monotone. Ultimately, the biggest turnoff to me was the gameplay which I felt was bogged down with countless boring text logs and dialogue.
  12. Apr 26, 2013
    Dues Ex: Human Revolution is probably one of the best stealth games I ever played. I'm a big fan of stealth games and Deus Ex: Human evolution easily holds its place as one of the best in the stealth genre. The story is really good and interesting but that varies between people. Some might find it boring but in opinion I enjoyed the story line and the characters.The story takes play in the future where people have augmentations that are pretty much robotic hands and arms. But not all is good because there are humans who oppose these augmentations to humans. The game also offers choices that can change the storyline outcomes. Which actually has differant results so some people might reload their game to choose differant choices. The game looks great overall but some of the cinematics sometimes look worst the Game play itself. I found it funny how people in the cinematic look like they were covered in grease like a cheesy McDonald commercial. The gameplay is also fun with a mixed of first person and third person action. Suprising it works well with the game and before you know it you get well used to it. You can also run and gun through the game if you want to but the best choice is probably stealthy all the way through. There also many role playing elements that work well with the game. Such as augmentations that give you more health or more energy. The game also offers many different paths you can take to your objective. You get alot more if you thoroughly explore the area instead of rushing from point A to point B. There are also a good amount of weapons that can suit everyone's needs. The only complaint I probably have is the boss battles which hardly requires any stealth mechanics. All you do is get the most powerful weapons you can find and spray all you bullets into the bosses. So players who went through the stealthier approach and invested their skill points in stealth skills they will have a harder time. Also I would have preferred it better if you had the option to kill the bosses or let them live. Since you can complete the entire game without killing the anyone except the bosses. Overall, if your a fan of stealth games or enjoy like a futuristic story you should pick up this game. Expand
  13. Apr 6, 2013
    A brilliant prequel to the original Deus Ex, Square Enix has definitely delivered with Human Revolution. Combining an absolutely brilliant story, along with fluid gameplay mechanics and a wide choice of playstyles to choose, Deus Ex: Human Revolution is one of the best Stealth/RPG/FPS games of the recent years. An excellent score of music also helps to reflect the dark undertone of the game. Set in future Detroit, the game revolves around conspiracy, and secrets. Players will feel involved in the story travelling from Detroit, and other places such as China etc.

Overall, one of my favourite games from the past few years, and an excellent addition to both the Stealth genre, and the Deus Ex series too.
  14. Apr 3, 2013
    I haven't expected too much from the game at first (never played the original), but it really surprised me. You can really feel the effort that Eidos Montreal has put into this great game.

Style, story and universe are incredibly interesting and based on your skills, or your way to interact with great developed characters, every playthrough can feel different.
    One gripe that I may have
    are the side-missions. You land in some city because of the main-mission and the side-missions you get are in most cases just optional additions. They never lead you go somewhere new, what makes them uninteresting after a few.
    The way these mission are played, is fun though. Challenging and fair. You just don't have 2 options: sneak or shoot. It is different: hacking turrets and cameras, going threw ventilation shafts, assassinate guards, several entrances... There are many ways to the goal. Whatever your plan is, there are decent skills for every type of gamer.

The games' strongest point is it's great developed story, supported with decent gameplay and average tech. At todays' dead RPG genre a very good game.
  15. Apr 1, 2013
    Immersion breaking is abundant. The illusion of freedom is painfully obvious. Each component of the game has issues that can't be forgiven.... Jensen's apartment is pretty.
  16. Mar 16, 2013
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution is a great action/stealth RPG with a fantastic atmosphere, characters, world and combat. You can choose to go in guns blazing or take a more stealthy approach and your choices in upgrades will be crucial when deciding your play-style, whether it's upgrading your hacking skill so you can attempt to hack more difficult computers or unlocking several perks that can help you in stealth or action gameplay, One of the weaker points of the game is it's boss battles which feel out of place compared to the rest of the game, especially if you happened to choose the stealth route, But overall it's a solid game that is an easy recommendation to action, stealth or RPG fans. Expand
  17. Mar 13, 2013
    Great story and great storytelling in this game BUT the gameplay is off by a longshot. The "super" powers are anything but, and the implementation of actions can be frustrating, as it jumps to a cutscene, then back into character. Can make it difficult when you are hanging on for dear life in a firefight.
  18. Feb 20, 2013
    Enjoyed this as much as the first game in the series, and its way better than the second game in the series. The main character is the best part of the game and unlike the buggy unoptimized PC version the 360 DEHR runs very well.
  19. Feb 10, 2013
    This is my first game in the Deus Ex Series, and it has been a blast! I enjoyed the storyline and the fact you can choose to go finish things in a stealthy way or a "Hasta la vista, baby" way and go all Terminator. The graphics look great and side quests are really good and adds some sense of what people think in the game about the Augmentations. Had a great time with the game, you can too.
  20. Feb 6, 2013
    Good gameplay, bad bossfights, good voice acting, didn't care about any of the caracters though.
    Don't hide the eyes of the guy you are supposed to care about.
    I had fun, but with a little more Joss Wheedon, this game could have been great.
  21. Feb 3, 2013
    I am happy to say that this game lives up to the original. Loads to do with so many missions and upgrades, the only thing that lets it down are the poor boss fights.
  22. Jan 29, 2013
    AWESOME, this game is an example of what a stealth game must be! Story is very well written and totally believable, and the flexibility in gameplay makes this game 3 in 1. You can play it by stealth, action or no-confront at all, This is Money well spent for sure!
  23. Jan 12, 2013
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution had some very big shoes to fill. Not only did it have the pressure of hype because of the amazing trailers Square Enix and Eidos put out, but they had to live up to one of the most beloved games ever. After being disappointed already, I don't think Deus Ex fans would've been so kind if another sequel failed to meet their expectations. Luckily, I'm here to report that this game will go down in history as one of the absolute finest out there. If you want a meaty single player experience that offers something truly unforgettable, you better get yourself a copy right now. Expand
  24. Dec 28, 2012
    I had the biggest expectations for this game and was left a bit disappointed. Mostly because the game has slow rhythmn and the objectives feel little meaningful / boring. I'm having a hard time following the plot. Dishonored was a much better game because gives you more freedom. Great graphics, challange and controls tough.
  25. Dec 28, 2012
    Game play:7 graphics:8 story:6 music:10
    ----very good game----
    could have been better .the faces of the characters are plastic like not natural like mass effect for example.also the character's talking/movements expressions are not good, actually you feel like they have a neurological disorder.the game play is good but could be better if they add more action and weapones use + less
    hacking and searching rooms.the story is not up to the game and you will not get it if your english is a second language.the music is just prefect,the ost is worth baying more than the game it self......very good work Edios ,looking for better. Expand
  26. Dec 6, 2012
    WOWOOW!!11111111!!!!!! I AM FRICKIN ROBOT CYBORG I KICK A$$$$$$$$$!!!! THE SUNGLASSES ARE SICK... but i wish he had beats, cus that wuld make him like listen better the bad guys and kick more A$$$$ !!!!!1111
  27. Nov 27, 2012
    This game is actually not that bad. There are interesting missions in an immersive world. I also liked character development very much. The only thing why I lost intereset after some hours, was the cyberpunk setting, but this is not the game's fault, it is actually pretty good.
  28. Nov 19, 2012
    Re-review. I was way too harsh on this game with my first review, having played it through again I've now revised my opinion - very good but flawed, and still nowhere near as good as the original. The trouble with the game is that the faults are just so basic, and so easily rectifiable that it makes it very frustrating. Let's start positive though, the first 2/3rds of the game work really well and the game's high points come at sections where, instead of having to infiltrate a place, you actually have to escape it. Game mechanics work well enough and the design of the earlier places flows very nicely. The fundamental flaws which do so much to hinder the game though are as follows: Firstly, the game is far too geared towards stealth - the original Deaus Ex was all about choice, but with Human revolution rewarding the player with more exp points for stealth "kills" than action ones this essentially punishes those who want to play a more action orientated style - poor design IMO. Secondly, you really do need to choose the right Augs to enjoy the experience. Punch through walls, parachute and lift heavy objects are essential just to do things which are necessary to have fun. The game is setup to punish you if you make the wrong choices, whereas it should be setup to reward you if you make the right one, and that does effect enjoyability. Thirdly there's just too much hacking - there's no need for so much and it bogs the game down. Fourthly it falls apart towards the end. The last few sections are really bland (the final one especially) and it honestly should have been scrapped. The plot loses it too and major twists hinted at never emerge. Finally the way your Aug's energy is managed is stupid - you really should just be able to recharge all of your slots. It's still a good game and has some great moments; it's also got a fantastically balanced difficulty which allows for a perfect balance of challenge, death, satisfaction and progression without getting overly frustrating. But be warned, it takes some work to appreciate the good game which lies in there. Expand
  29. Nov 2, 2012
    Put simply, Deus Ex is what games should be. The gameplay of Deus Ex will have you teetering on the edge of your seat while you grind away your teeth. It's a good frustrating that rewards you well at the end of achieving and accomplishing what you're required to do. The storyline of Deus Ex doesn't fall short and is set in a rich dark world that is highly polished, full of detail, and immerse. With plenty of things to look at, people to talk to, and lore to learn about. Deus Ex is what video games try to do when trying to tell a good story. And by that Deus Ex tells quite possibly one of the best stories in gaming. Through gameplay, to narrative direction Deus Ex does everything right. Making you full of emotion, stress, frustration, and happiness. It's a game that you must surely check out! If you haven't already. Expand
  30. Oct 29, 2012
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution has happily been worth the wait and is a game that can hold its head up high next to the first game. Jensen isn't the most charismatic character, and the story is a tad patchy in places, but the game's world and its characters more than make up for it. Deus Ex: Human Revolution heralds the arrival of the cyber-renaissance, and it's pure gold.
  31. Oct 23, 2012
    I was recommended this game by a friend after playing and enjoying Dishonored and I have to say this game blows the aforementioned title out of the water.

Set in a cyber-punk futuristic world the game just gripped me from the off. It's the closest thing I've experienced to being Deckard in Bladerunner. Story is amazing, soundtrack is mesmerising, graphic style is top notch, Gameplay
    (even for a novice like me) is intuitive and fun.

I was completely blown away by this game. Kudos to Eidos Montreal they've delivered a stylish, polished product which hit a cord with me instantly. I've not been as gripped by a game since Mass Effect. A+++++++
  32. Oct 16, 2012
    Long, complex, detailed, an exciting world to explore, a story that grabs you and wraps, which never loses interest during the many hours it takes, a freedom to resolve situations huge with a seamless gameplay, Deus ex: Human Revolution is round.
  33. May 22, 2012
    Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......what?.....Oh yeah....this game is bor-or-oring. I feel like I should be looking around for a typewriter ribbon. No combat as far as fighting goes, and you character gets tired out after one stealth take down (even though the game is about biotics and their strengths). Interesting story and concept, but its just to.....zzzzzzzzzzzzz.
  34. May 15, 2012
    This game is brillant. many different ways to approch or just avoid the enemy. the story is excellent, the grapichs are good and is owtrh picking up if you are instrested in shooters or rpgs.
  35. May 2, 2012
    This game was absolutely amazing from beginning to end. Not only was I able to go through the game without killing a single person, I was able to genuinely have fun doing so. The graphics are amazing, glitches are fairly hard to come by without trying, and the storyline is just great overall. The only real thing I have to complain about is the A.I.'s behavior. I could take out half of an army without anyone seeing me, and nobody would get alarmed that their buddies aren't patrolling anymore. Made me feel like they were some sort of puppet. The fact that I could break a guys arm before knocking him out, only for another guy to come and wake him up with no discernable signs of injury just adds to the whole puppet thing. All of this, however, is masked by awesome gameplay and stunning visuals. Who cares if that guy is woken up perfectly fine after I beat the crud outta him, if I get to beat the crud outta him plus his friend in one swift movement right afterwards, it's all good. Expand
  36. Apr 29, 2012
    I went into Deus Ex: Human Revolution (DX3) with low expectations. After Deus Ex: Invisible war, which was the embodiment of how consolization of an existing game dynamic can completely ruin things, I had no reason to expect that DX3 would be anything but a graphical upgrade of the thin gameplay, world construction, and storyline of DX:IW. After playing through the first quarter of the game, I gave up on it and set it aside for six months or so. Upon picking it back up, though, my mistake in my earlier play became apparent: I was still thinking in terms of DX:IW. DX3 was true to the original Deus Ex: a game that not just requires but *demands* that the player approach every mission, every task with planning and forethought. This is not the run-and-gun game of DX2; you'll be mowed down in no time. DX3 is capable of giving the player a challenge at any level of difficulty, depending on how you choose to play. Better yet, the original DX dynamic of lethal-vs-nonlethal combat was kept completely intact, each with its attendant advantages and disadvantages -- over and above the moral and ethical element that the player brings into the equation. The nonlethal aspect of the game gives the player more choices and opens up avenues of strategy and tactics that would otherwise be closed. (This, by itself, is significantly praiseworthy: the player can, with the exception of four instances, complete the entire game without a single lethal act. You decide what level of force is warranted and when. When confronted with someone who is dangerous but insane, do you shoot? Or do you knock them out? Nonlethal combat is generally more difficult, but it gives the player the option of bringing his or her morals and ethics into the play world unlike any other game that comes to mind.) Writing is outstanding, and the grasp of science shown is considerable; it's clear that the writers actually bothered to research their subject rather than resorting to technobabble. Even the nonexistent tech is the result of a logical extrapolation and uses proper terminology. DX3 relies more on "conversation combat" more than its predecessors, allowing the player the opportunity to talk his or her way through a situation that might otherwise end up in combat. The system isn't perfect and requires a learning curve, but is another layer of depth that most games don't even bother to try. Though scripted, the new takedown system (which is optionally lethal or nonlethal at the player's discretion) adds an aspect of finesse and having the feeling of being the ultimate superagent. Improvements to the combat system, particularly adding a cover mechanic, turn combat into either jack-in-the-box blazefests or cat-and-mouse hunts -- at the player's choice. Even the hacking minigame used for stealth strategies isn't arduous, which is a rarity. There are a few criticisms, however, enough to knock two points off the game's rating. First, pacing is uneven staggering between blazing tactical situations and dragging run-around-miniquesting, so run-and-gun gamers will be disappointed in large stretches of the game. The combat system is tilted toward difficult, so most tank strategies won't work well; your DX3 protagonist is not and cannot be a bullet sponge -- DX3 practically demands a light touch and a good deal of finesse. The autosave system is adequate and generally gives a checkpoint before moments where the player is likely to be in mortal peril. The most serious problem, though, comes from the early-game weakness common in all character progression games. Early in the game, when you have few augmentations online, your character is extremely fragile and for all his mechanical appearances, cannot take or do much. By mid-game, however, the fun level picks up, and by the late game, you're feeling like the superaugmented agent you are supposed to be. In short, DX3 is a great game that just takes some time to get itself up to speed -- but once there, it's fun to drive. Expand
  37. Apr 24, 2012
    Deus Ex Human Revolution is... well in opinion... a little bit crap. I just got that this is great feeling when I was playing it. You have many choices whith will make it much easier or much harder. Upgrades are very good in deus but becarfull what you choice. Im sorry but I don't like it. Deus ex hr 5.7/10
  38. Apr 7, 2012
    i give this game 11 just for atmosphere...unfortunately it only lets me do 10 excellent story very engrossing, interesting rpg elements some skills are useless ie. cones of vision, no damage from falling (almost useless), decent visuals will be better next time i assume since this is new ip essentially

im playing this game a second time through just because of all these things coming
    together in a very compelling way everyone should buy this game and experience it Expand
  39. TJK
    Apr 5, 2012
    This is a great game with a great story line. I can see how it might bother some people, because when you try to take someone down or knock them out you don't get to chose what to do. It didn't bother me though. The graphics were great and it had a ton of side missions that you can chose to do or not. One of the best games of 2011. 10/10
  40. Apr 4, 2012
    this game is great for experienced gamers because it is a proper gamers game with great intelligent ai and great dialogue this game is intelligent and fun combat doesnt dissapoint. a great challenge to try to complete it all in a stealthy way. great graphics aswell. buy it
  41. Apr 3, 2012
    The gameplay is simply fantastic. If you take the stealth approach, the game plays very much like the original Splinter Cell titles. You should have plenty of points to augment whatever you want, so the customization really comes in just the order you go after everything, not necessarily picking what to specialize in. The story on its own is nothing particularly special, however the themes and ties to the original are fascinating to me, and should also be intriguing for any fan of the original. My biggest complaint is probably batteries not recharging once fully depleted, but I certainly see how it is a balancing issue and they probably did not want anybody cloaking their way through the entire game. It still does not live up to the original, one of my all-time favorites, but (unlike Invisible War) it is a big step in the right direction. Expand
  42. Mar 26, 2012
    Although not as good as the trailer made it look, Deus Ex: Human Revolution is a fine game that is both fun and well polished. There are some things...like enemy AI that can be twitchy and dialogue animations that are semi-awkward, but the pros outway the cons by a lot. Terrific open-ended level design, oodles of detail, smooth interface, solid gunplay, open-ended methods of playing (except boss-fights) and lots of lore are all big pluses; add in the fact you can perk your character with augmentation upgrades, a nice clean inventory and a spectacular cyber-punk future atmosphere with a brilliant musical score to supplement it, and Human Revolution is worth the price of admission. For fans of rpgs...this is a must play. Expand
  43. Mar 23, 2012
    An absolutely fantastic game. There's a story to get behind, and game-play which can either be cover-based shooter, or stealth style assassin. Quests in the game are excellent and do a pretty good job of being more than a fetch quest here, a rescue mission there. The art style is memorable, the environments are gorgeous, and the attention to detail in the world is impressive. Just standing around Adam's apartment I was struck by how much detail was put into it, and spent a good twenty minutes just exploring the apartment. The combat is nothing revolutionary. It's either a cover-based shooter where you eliminate enemies via grenades and various weapons, or an assassin style game where you sneak around and hack turrets, take down enemies with melee, and crawl around secret areas. That's the good, here's the disappointing. The game isn't very hard (even on hard mode) if you're playing as a cover shooter. The game does offer the challenge of playing a pacifist/no alarms run , but if you're looking for challenging combat, you'll quickly get the basics down in this game and find it isn't overtly difficult. Boss fights are all quite easy to beat with a simple trick (usually typhoon). The ending wasn't what I'd hoped for (a choose your ending style end) but the choices offered were at least different from each other. My biggest disappointment with this game is the lack of explorable environments. The ones you have are amazing, and that just makes me wish there were more. Overall this is probably one of the best games of 2011, and a must-buy. True Score: 9.3 rounded down to 9. Expand
  44. Mar 18, 2012
    This game was okay. It was fun sneaking around and taking people out. Also had a semi interesting story with some fun and exciting moments. Other than that it was bad. Everything in the game was either amber colored or black. I felt punished for leveling a certain way. The boss battles were stale too. My powers were limited because they never let ne find power bars ever. And if I did find one it wouldn't regen even if I didn't use the whole bar. The choosing of how it ended was stale like mass effect ones way of choosing the end. The game had way too many Japanese influences and sucked. Every character looked dumb as hell. And navigating the levels was confusing and boring. I'd say pass. Expand
  45. Mar 16, 2012
    If you're one of those gamers who loved the original Deus Ex, save your cash...give this a miss. Dumbed down, horrendously stiff arcade 'gameplay' (50pts!! you strangled someone!!) with 0% of the intelligence and magic of the original. It's like comparing a book by Victoria Beckham to something by Shakespeare.

Newer/younger gamers will probably rate it higher, but like I say if you like
    quality, original games (as all games should be), forget this. Now would people please stop making sequels!!!! Expand
  46. Mar 11, 2012
    Perhaps when compared to the golden age of gaming this title would have been classed as about above average. But in the modern industry, with so many developers (and publishers) slipping up, it's nice to see that Eidos have succeeded in re-igniting the flame of an old franchise in a way that will likely appeal to the casual and hardcore audiences, without pandering to either. Amazing atmosphere & sound, competent graphics, solid RPG elements and a gripping story despite the unattached ending. One of the finer moments of the 360 era, warrants at least 2 play-throughs & The Missing Link DLC is well crafted also. Expand
  47. Mar 7, 2012
    What an outstanding game. If you want a single player game with tons of replayability well then Deus Ex will do fine as there are many different ways to play this game. You can do stealth or straight arm yourself up. There are tons of ways to reach your objective and you can experience all kinds outcomes based on your choices. If your the kinda gamer i am, i really enjoy single player games with a story like mass effect. Deus Ex brings a solid story to the table that was satisfying that kept me guessing wth is going on? i need to figure out whos behind this and why? The only flaw i had with this game is the battery as it restricted me from doing a sequence of moves i would of liked to do to take out my enemies but thats part of the challenge i guess. Btw the achievments are also fine as well. Expand
  48. Feb 20, 2012
    I know I'm a little late on this review since the game has been out since last year but I had to come on here and give my review anyway's...Deus ex is a great game,I haven't finished it yet but so far I'm loving every min I'm playing this visually stunning game.voices,story,graphics,gameplay all are great I recommend this game to anyone who enjoy's fps/action/rpg's.plus you can't ever go wrong with cyber punk themes. Expand
  49. Feb 14, 2012
    OH DEUS EX I LOVE YOU! Amazing twisted game with some outstanding missions and incredible story and soundtrack. The game play is also very solid and levelling up feels very rewarding! A must play for RPG/Stealth/Action lovers :)
  50. Feb 13, 2012
    Loved this game, amazing soundtrack and great voice acting by the guy who does Adam Jensen, great story, you get to make alot of descesions and sometimes it comes back to bite you in the ass, great game
  51. Feb 11, 2012
    Pretty fun game overall, I enjoyed it for the time it took me. However, it was fairly short, I beat it in just over a weekend. The maps felt very small and constricted, not much more than linear corridors with a sneaky linear corridor or two around as well. The talent trees were kind of strange; some of the hacker talents were literally useless. By the end of the game I had almost every skill, not much of a tradeoff in specializing to be had, you basically become invincible as long as you pick up all the skill points. All of that being said, it was still a very enjoyable game. I thought the story was pretty good, and that there were a lot of interesting choices to be had. I really liked the dialogue system, it was extremely dynamic and rewarding. And while the game might not have lasted 60 hours, it was certainly fun while it did. Definitely worth playing through. Expand
  52. Feb 5, 2012
    This is a very intriguing game. The environments, graphics, characters, and overarching story are VERY well done. The only problems with it are occasional AI stupidity, the main story (in detail), and some conversation mechanics. It is definitely more of a stealth-based game, but you can play it as solely an FPS (with some frustration over the small amount of health/ammo and shaky gun mechanics). The visuals are sometimes very reminiscent of Blade Runner, in a very good way. The supporting characters are rather well flushed-out, and are voice acted well, but Adam Jensen could definitely use some work in both fields. The story, when looked at as a whole, is interesting and well done, but when you are playing through and words like "illuminati" are thrown around without ever building up to anything, it gets a bit annoying to anyone looking for a good conspiracy-theory story. You rarely know who you're fighting and for what reasons, and in many cases, the Bosses are only introduced a few minutes before you fight them. You really need to work to find out which character is related to which corporation and what they did to make you mad. The conversation also get a tad repetitive and the characters' movements get intensely annoying. Every character will make exactly the same completely unnatural movements when in conversation. Those problems aside, this is a very good-looking, well-polished game that I completely recommend. There are multiple approaches to any given situation, and I like that in a game. I remember distinctly one room where you are supposed to call an elevator and enemies run into the room for the few minutes it takes the elevator to reach you. This would obviously be hard for anyone going for the achievement which requires you to beat the game without killing anyone. I found that I could (with an upgrade) lift vending machines and heavy crates and block all of the entrances to the room, so no enemies could get in. I think that that is a brilliant option to be able to do in a game. Finally, for the achievement hunters: The achievement list is relatively easy, aside from the three major ones: Beat the game on Hard, Beat the game without setting off any alarms, and Beat the game without killing anyone. It took me four playthroughs to get all of them. Many requirements are either not apparent or are plain ridiculous. One occurrence that cheated me out of the "Do not kill" achievement was a section where there is an ambush and you can choose to give a key person one of your weapons to protect himself. I only had two heavily upgraded lethal weapons I was saving for boss fights, so I didn't want to give either up after pouring that much money into them. I chose to keep them to then find out that by not giving him a weapon, he is killed, and that counts as someone "dying by your hand" as written in the achievement. I still find this stupid. Again, read my score and only take these complaints as really nitpicky problems, because I was never once bored during those playthroughs and I had tons of fun. Expand
  53. Jan 25, 2012
    Deus Ex: is definitely up there in games I've played this year there are so many ways you can choose to play this game. You can go through the whole game and not kill a single person(besides scripted) or you can blood bath the whole thing through until the end. It's your choice story is very enticing it makes you wonder about a lot of real life situations and blends in with current reality. AMAZING GAME/STORY GO PLAY THIS! Expand
  54. Jan 21, 2012
    A thoroughly cool sci-fi setting with a decent story and some interesting locations to explore. This game takes the best of FPS, stealth and RPG elements and combines together to create a compelling and actually quite original package. The choices the game gives you are fantastic and really allow you to stay loyal to the play-style you have chosen. Augmentations add a fantastic layer of depth to character building in a way that Crysis 2 does not. Want to be able to leap across roof tops in order to reach your objective instead of using the stairs? Fine, choose to improve your leg augmentations to jump higher. Want to hack your way through security locks instead of crawling through a ventilation system? Fine, choose to improve your hacking skills. It's the elements of choice that makes Deus Ex:HR such a compelling game. However, although for the most part you can stealth your way through the entirety of a section of the game, as soon as you enter a boss fight you have no choice but to shoot. This basically poses a massive disadvantage to players who carry nothing but a stun gun and silenced pistol. Meaning the game forces you to sudden become a gun expert when all you've been doing is improving stealth augmentations. SE really overlooked the boss battles, and the game could have really been without them. The boss battles are not particularly well executed and are if anything a frustrating distraction from the rest of the game. Luckily SE have learnt from their shoddy boss battles and how they conflicted with the games style and the boss battle in the newest DLC chapter could be tackled in many different ways. Another disappointment of this game is the ending. All your choices you made throughout the game which felt so real suddenly don't matter at all. All possible endings are available in one play-through because all the choices you made throughout the game no longer matter. Which is a bit of a kick in the balls after all your hard work to keep certain characters alive in the hope they will impact the ending.The ending is just a tad lacklustre. In conclusion though, despite the disappointing ending and frustrating boss battles, Deus Ex:HR is a joy to play and, if you love your sci-fi settings dark and actually quite believable it's definitely worth giving this game a go. I do hope that SE do another Deus Ex soon as they took to the fan criticism so well and there's no doubt that a sequel would address many if not all of the issues Deus Ex:HR has. Expand
  55. Jan 20, 2012
    Updating my scoring after revisiting the game. Originally I gave it just 6 out of 10 as I found it rather frustrating to play. I recently restarted the game, this time taking a more combat based approach, mixed in with the stealth. Much less frustrating to play, and as a result I've begun to appreciate what this game has to offer. The game has an interesting story, good setting, and decent voice acting. Only technical issue I have with it is the fact that you can't turn off (or reduce) the head bobbing motion when your character moves. I know some people like this, however I find it rather off putting, and I know it even makes some people sick. All in all a very good effort from Eidos (though I still think the boss battles are a bit lame). 8 out of 10. Expand
  56. Jan 17, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Amazing story, nice graphics, nice game play and a excellent characters. If you want a game to entertain you, Deus Ex Human Revolution is the option. The RPG elements are fantastic and the boss fights too. No doubt that this game is my GOTY, the only thing that I thing that this game need is that you can re play the game after you finish the first time, with all Adam's upgrades. Amazing game. Expand
  57. Jan 15, 2012
    I find it hard to adequately analyze Deus Ex: Human Revolutions without comparing it to its predecessors, so frankly, I'm going to be comparing it throughout this review and reviewing the other titles along side. Hopefully it will give fans of the franchise what to expect if they've played the first two. In some ways this game works, in others it doesn't. On the whole, though, I'm having a hard time gauging it next to DX and even IW. Deus Ex is really one of my favorite games ever, so I guess I naturally had high hopes for HR on release. I liked HR - it was a pretty good as a game, and I love the DX franchise - but I definitely felt disappointed with HR at the end of it, and the more I think about the total experience and analyze what I liked and disliked, the more I begin to realize that, sadly, HR is probably the worst of the series thus far. An unpopular opinion, I know; people love to rag on IW, but it at least did some things right. DX and IW both had more hubs than HR. DX had New York, Hong Kong, Paris, and some other minor hubs. IW had Seattle, Cairo, Tremere. HR only had Detroit and Hengsha, and you revisited both later on. We were supposed to get Montreal and Singapore as well but they turned out to just be a building, and it resulted in the last half of the game being a corridor shooter type game. It became unbearably linear for a DX title. Also, in terms of story and choices, HR is VERY linear. At least in IW you got to play for different factions and make different allies and enemies as you went. HR you work for Sarif the entire game and then at the very end you push a button depending on who you liked more. You could probably argue that DX1 was linear in the story department as well but it more than made up for it in other aspects. The game suffers from subpar level design though too; no swimming or finding secret areas like in DX, basically you have the option of going straight in the middle of the combat zone and dealing with everyone, or sneaking through a vent. Usually if you want to infiltrate a building there is only one (maybe two) ways to do it. HR also suffered from utilizing the same exploration resources for everything. By that I mean, in DX you had lockpicks, multitools and hacking. Having those different resources reinforced the multiple path approach. If you were good with lockpicks (and if you had enough or budgeted them wisely) you could go a route requiring you to pick a lock. If you were better with electronics you could go a route requiring you to disable security systems. Or you could even spec into computers and make your path easier that way. IW, they had hacking (to an extent) and multitools, which basically consolidated lockpicks and multitools, which translates to going the combat route, or going the sneaky route by using your multitools. HR, was possibly even worse, since they consolidated ALL of them. Every lock, every computer, every security system used the same resource. And you also had to play that annoying minigame in order to do it. It's kind of like what Warren Spector said about allowing people to have the feeling that they are creating a character whose abilities are unique. DX definitely did that, with both skills and augments. Even if some of them overlapped or were superfluous, it was more fun creating the fantasy of the "swimming guy" as he described. In IW you kind of had that with the augments because you had to make choices between the few you had. You could go straight up stealth, or you could focus on hacking, or you could focus on combat, etc. HR, you are never really presented a true choice. You can damn near max everything by end game if you have enough PRAXIS. And a lot of the augments were pretty trivial in terms of allowing for different play styles. Oh, and also HR forced you into **** boss battles. DX you could bypass boss battles in a variety of ways. IW you could at least choose your fights. All of that being said though, they did do some things right, particularly in the visual design and music department. I personally thought the overall aesthetic of the game was great. The music score by Michael McCann was superb as well. Both set the mood of the game excellently. Maybe I expected too much, or was too hyped about HR. I really wanted it to be great - on par with DX1 - but instead it was just alright. Don't get me wrong; I had fun playing it, I respect the devs and their responsiveness to criticism and fan feedback and it's definitely above average in terms of today's releases. As a game, it's very good, but it just doesn't compare with DX or even IW in a lot of aspects. I guess I was expecting something that would allow me to tackle objectives more creatively like the game's predecessors, but the game just doesn't provide you the adequate tools to do so. I know this review probably sounds mostly negative. It's just, as a DX title, it only really works in terms of the story, not in terms of it's overall design. Expand
  58. Dec 30, 2011
    I love it when I go into a game with zero expectations and come away impressed, that's exactly what this game did. Don't get me wrong tho it has its flaws but if you take the time to figure out what the game expects from you I think you'll feel the same way. I can't wait to see where this franchise goes from here, bravo eidos and square enix, you deserve every good review written.
  59. Dec 23, 2011
    Whatever you thought you knew about FPS games, prepare to forget. This plays much more intelligently than your average FPS. Sure, the AI isn't the most intelligent ever, but when you make it through an area without being seen, it is such a thrill. Add to that brilliant graphics, addictive gameplay, a storyline that keeps you hooked from start to finish, and characters that actually have CHARACTER, compared to most games today, and you get a package that is more than worthy of the Deus Ex title. This is a perfect prequel to Deus Ex. Expand
  60. Dec 12, 2011
    If you want a mature, atmospheric and awesome game this is the one. I will admit i love shooters and for me Deus Ex is brilliant because it is mature and you can use your brain. This game is so much more than a normal shooter and the intelligence level is amazing. I loved being able to play this and not feel like my brain was melting, as was the case with Mass Effect 2. Even though i was disappointed slightly by the ending, i will play this game again and again Expand
  61. Dec 6, 2011
    Having seen this game when it was first released back in August when my friends were playing it, I took little interest as I hadn't really followed the story up until this one. However, seeing this game preowned for £10 last week, and needing something to bar my boredom until I obtained Skyrim this weekend, I decided to pick it up. Let me first just say that this game is not one of those games you dive into immediately and requires some time before you get used to it. Anyway, on with the review:

Gameplay (8/10): This game is not like most games currently on the market today. With most games pushing you to kill everything in sight one way or another, this game will really catch you off guard if you intent to bring along the same attitude. This game is stealthly. While you may play offensively, you will find that the game often promotes being stealthy far more than it does going head-on (Two achievements for being stealthy+more XP, it is rather apparent what the developer wanted you to do.). Either way, if you enjoy this sort of game then the controls are fluid and nothing really feels out of place. Even the objective markers are convenient and easy to use.

Graphics (5/10): These are nothing really special. It seems that Eidos caught the Gears of War disease where everything feels brown. It adds to the dark feel, but it isn't anything out of the ordinary. You will have seen worse, but you'll also have seen a lot better. Don't expect Skyrim graphics here.

Sound (4/10): Perhaps the biggest let-down for me was the sound. There's really nothing to write home about here: The voice-acting is bordering on a shambles and the main character really should've had a better voice. Still, I like to give a game a chance and the background music does add to the tense feeling of the game. It's just... The voice acting... Oh, the pain.

Multiplayer: N/A.

Lasting value (8/10): Not something you'd expect from a game so linear, but this game can actually be surprisingly long. There's an achievement for getting all four of the endings, and because the game offers different moral choices as well as several achievements that require different styles of play, this game could easily last you 60+ hours.

Final comments: This game is not for the people who prefer to rush through their games and massacre everybody, although there are fewer things more satisfying than tapping a guy on the shoulder, then punching him, knocking him out cold and dragging him into a closet and proceeding to do the same to three of his team. If you're looking for a change of pace from all the Call of Duty and Battlefield, then get this game.
  62. Nov 30, 2011
    I was extremely worried when I heard DE3 was coming. Being a huge fan of the original 2 games made me worry about how they would follow such good games. I shouldn't have worried. DE3 is an exceptional, mature game. It has bags of atmospheree and oozes quality. The story is clever and thee consequences of your actions are reacted to instantly. The best RPG-shooter I have ever played. My gf even likes it lol. Minor flaws in AI and a slightly dissapointing shift in the final chapter don't detract from an excellent experience. If Me2 can get a perfect score and have half as much intelligence, choice or actual rpg elements as this, then I can't in perfect conscience give it less than 10. My friend told me that me2 is the game to compare all others to. If so, then a lot of games deserve 10's. Expand
  63. Nov 29, 2011
    Deus Ex has a great story and great game play. There is a slight learning curve associated with the somewhat different style of the game but it's quite rewarding when you get used to it. The ability to go in guns blazing or sneak is very fun (personally I'm a sneaker). the cover controls are a little clunky and the world can be sometimes hard to navigate when roaming around cities, but overall Deus Ex is an excellent game. Expand
  64. Nov 21, 2011
    Deus EX: Human Revolution was amazing however your boss fights are horrible and why pick anything but the Rambo style blow you up game style. If I pick stealth mode because I wanted to be a ninja and you gave me the option why am I fighting a boss like Doom? If i have a turret I carried from the beginning of the mission and can't bring it in the boss room why let me carry it that far? Why even have bosses? I had more fun taking out non bosses then the bosses themselves. I felt like I was playing another game when it was time for a boss fight. I hope the next Deus Ex can fix some of the hiccups that it had and the game would get the score it deserves. Expand
  65. Nov 21, 2011
    Amazing game that's let down by a few flaws. Deus ex gives the player complete choice in how they want to play the game, no matter what skills your upgrade, you'll never be punished for your choice, its a shame more games didn't do this. The graphics are good, but no crysis. the style ad visual art of he game really resonated with me and made me embrace the settings. My biggest gripe with this game was the boss fights. The game games gives you ultimated choice in how you want to play, yet when it comes to a boss fight, you must kill them and it cheapens it somewhat, though they changed this in the DLC which was just released, and it makes me crave for what could have been. The story also falls short slightly, but still better than most that came out this year. I highly recommend this game for anyone. candidate for GOTY without doubt. Expand
  66. Nov 20, 2011
    One of my all time favourite games. I wish I never traded it back in to the store. The campaign is extraordinary. The graphics are amazing. The voice acting is awesome. This game stays true to the original 2 but of course can never be anywhere near as good as they were.
  67. Nov 18, 2011
    I take back what I said about my review on this. This is the MOST bada*s f*cking game in the world. Just thinking about Adam Jensen punching through a wall or using the Typhoon makes me just feel awesome and kicka*s. There's killer music, awesome game-play, and the most bada*s weapons and characters. Hell, even Adam Jensen's pose on the cover has bada*s written all over it!!!! It's even made in my home town of Montréal. Great job Edios Montréal! Expand
  68. Nov 18, 2011
    A rewarding RPG/shooter hybrid that is full of options that allow you to be the character you want to be. Eidos did an excellent job of giving the player options for every situation. Combat can occasionally get dull with an AI that lacks innovation, but the boss fights are excellent, stealth is rewarding, and the options for customizing your character are each functional and rewarding. The graphics are great, but the transition to cinematics can be jarring. I wanted more for an ending, but like all the flaws I notices and mentioned, they were tiny things that couldn't detract from Deus Ex's high entertainment factor. Expand
  69. Nov 17, 2011
    Deus Ex Human Revolution is one of the best games I have played this year!!!! Combing great 1st and 3rd person gameplay and a excellent story I found myself lost in the game for 4-5 hours at a time, highly addictive. Haven't got round to playing the DLC yet, but another 4-5 hours of Deus Ex....... Yes please
  70. Nov 17, 2011
    Deus Ex HR, is a great experience. It is the perfect blend of shooter and RPG. The graphics are very pretty, similar to FF13's in game graphics. The game play, whilst complicated to learn, is fun when you have mastered it. The music is great and really sets the scene as a futuristic game.The storyline is intriguing and leaves you wanting to get to the bottom of things. This is a challenging experience even on the easiest difficulty, you take a realistic amount of damage, a few bullets will kill you so you have to use stealth, which gives quite the adrenaline rush when sneaking past guards because you know if they catch you, you might not survive. The only problem with this game is whilst you and regular enemies take realistic amounts of damage, the bosses even though they are augmented like you do not. They are ovally difficult. If they were easier I would have given a perfect 10. Expand
  71. Nov 15, 2011
    If you want a long game, then get this. It has a great setting, with great background and overall visuals you will be amazed. The cover system is excellent. The stealth and combat feel very smooth and the 'think outside the box' gimmick works perfectly, with always being other ways to complete the objective. The customization is fun, however you will get lost in those big cities. Even though Other games like Skyrim offers 100's of hours of quests, this is worth getting. Expand
  72. Nov 15, 2011
    Amazing game. Many different ways to approach combat and the story. Great graphics. Great story. Only place it falls short in is many times the game feels to linear and despite all of the options in combat, there just isn't enough stuff in the world outside of the levels. The fact that the levels excel so much in giving the player many different options, makes the lack of other stuff to do feel all the more drastic. Expand
  73. Nov 15, 2011
    after everything the trailers promised I was so, SO bitterly disappointed with this game:( linear to the point of absurdity, flat and somewhat empty... thank god I actually rented it rather than bought:) not a great game at all
  74. Nov 15, 2011
    Very uniques gameplay and methods of accomplishing a variety of tasks. Music, sound, and voice acting are great at the sacrifice of graphics. It was enjoyable to kill time with this game until GOW 3, MW3, and Batman AC was released.
  75. Nov 15, 2011
    Very good game. Took a while to get into but im really glad that i stuck with it. I was a little disappointed with the graphics though. Reminded me of a cross between metal gear solid and blade runner.
  76. Nov 14, 2011
    My GOTY. I've purchased Uncharted 3, Gears 3, Dead Space 2, Killzone 3, Infamous 2, Batman Arkham City, L.A. Noire and Battlefield 3 this year and without a doubt Deus Ex Revolution is my GOTY (maybe Batman AC tied). Really, there's nothing like it this gen, it offers a new experience and gives a glimpse of what the next-gen of SP gaming could be like (or a forgotten last-gen that emphasized SP experiences), albeit, with current-gen graphics. Regardless, this game is what is sorely missing from the abundance of very weak single player experiences. The game has its flaws but they're easily overlooked given how immersive the game is. Most games in the back-end of this gen are derivative and stick to tired old formulas, this game is a refreshing experience in a generation filled with short and shallow SP experiences. I got a feeling reminiscent of playing MGS for the first time on PS1 while playing this game - good story with fun, creative stealth gameplay coupled with a tremendous sense of atmosphere. Any fan of SP should definitely check it out. The overall experience certainly makes you forget it's minor flaws. For SP FPS fans it's the best FPS game this year - 9.5/10 Expand
  77. Nov 13, 2011
    Not one of the best games I've had, but still playable. The graphics are ... meh. Not good, but not bad either.

Controls and gameplay are very solid. However on occasion I'd get an objective to Neutralise people, however this is not 100% clear. When I see the word Neutralise I automatically assume the game wants me to kill someone, and failing an objective because this isn't made clear is
    stupid. If it had a note saying "DO NOT KILL" then that would be much clearer in what I have to do

The game tries to make you stealth it, and it doesn't really let players play the game they want. Yes you can go different rouets but most of the time you have no choice but to fight.

Despite these setbacks the game can be quite fun.
  78. Nov 13, 2011
    This is a good game. Its not a great game due to its somewhat repetitive missions but if you're a fan of stealth and sci-fi this is certainly worth playing.
  79. Nov 12, 2011
    Game looks very promising sadly however its so buggy and after 2 months not a single patch ahs been released to solve the problems like dissapearing HUD or missions completly freezing. I highly recommend waiting for a patch or two
  80. Nov 11, 2011
    Editing to right Score. Might Contain Spoilers. As I like to say I'm not a heavy gamer, I just like to relax playing some good stuff, and Deus Ex is a good stuff. Speacialy on the begging of the game. Everything is new, you have lots of possibilities, some side quests, a way to kill no one. But then after some hours playing, if you choose to be a Pacifist and stealth (see trophies to more info) the game start to become way to long and needlots of saves before open a door for example. It's reminded Doom II. Other thing that bothered me is: looks like it doesn't matter how much augmentation you have to be a killing machine, you'll die pretty easy. Speacially againts Bosses - that are a paradox, if you have enough Typhoon are easy, if you don't, they might get hard to kill. Either way, you got killed easilly like a hot knife slicing butter. After while hacking the numberous computers is a pain and get quite boring. But still, the game is no Mass Effect but you can have some fun playing it. And in this game you have to be very careful in your choices as well, for that it will possibilite new side quests and trophies, but I got dissapointed at the end of the game, coz it seems it didn't matter my choices, I could experiment all different endings of the game. Expand
  81. Nov 10, 2011
    Loved the original and the multiple ways you could get to different places. Human revolution felt a bit too linear where it was usually just the main quest and two ways to get to the objective. With that said theres still plenty of weapons / gadgets and abilities to keep the game fun. Not bad but it could of been better.
  82. Nov 10, 2011
    While it may not live up to the original Deus Ex, it is still a very good game. I will mention, however, that it does get boring about 80% of the way through. All in all, I'd recommend it.
  83. Nov 10, 2011
    My favorite game of the year thus far, Skyrim is the only title which has any chance of unseating it. The story is compelling and actually does a decent job of raising certain ethical questions about some of the risks of technology. There are always many different ways you can approach a given situation and unlike certain games which can become very difficult if you level up the wrong skills, this one is more forgiving. Expand
  84. Nov 10, 2011
    DXHR is a genuine treat from start to end! Beautiful to play and with an art direction that's second to none, it's sound design and score are on a par with Hollywood blockbusters and exceptionally emotive throughout, and there is gameplay to suit all types of gamers. You dictate the gameplay throughout this game and it supports you in whichever play style you choose, if you want the story you will have to hunt it out through side missions and NPC interaction, if you want to run in and gun everything down you have the option, if you want a challenge go for the 'Foxiest of the hounds' and 'pacifist' dings! All in all for RPG and even stealth game fans this has everything you could ask for! The only criticism I have is that the boss fights are redundant and this games teases you with possible DLC chapters we will still have to wait for! I loved it 10/10! Expand
  85. Nov 8, 2011
    Excellent game, immersive experience. The precision in gameplay and controls is great, the story is very good, although predictable in places. Atmosphere is second-to-none. Currently on my second playthrough and may very well do a third.
  86. Nov 8, 2011
    Played the game, I enjoyed it, but it didn't immerse me, The world felt too small for me. the cities too lifeless. I played this game once and i didn't feel compelled to start a second play through, this is worth renting or buying cheap but i wouldn't pay full price for this game, It gets a 7/10 from me.
  87. Nov 5, 2011
    Hola a todos, os dejamos nuestro particular análisis de este juegazo!!!
    ********************************
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution es un juego completo, con una buena historia, un diseño artístico espectacular y una banda sonora sobresaliente. Todo esto unido a su componente RPG y a sus diferentes formas de ser jugado lo convierten en un juego muy
    recomendable y re-jugable.
    Mención a la campaña viral de anuncio del juego con una web de la propia Sarif Industries y sus propios anuncios promocionando el mañana, Hoy.

************************************

Un saludo.
  88. Nov 4, 2011
    I loved it for what it was. Sure the animations might be dated, the combat awkward at times & the boss battles uncalled for.

But this game is set in such a rich world, such beauty and depth.

I found myself just slowly walking down the streets of Detroit, just sucking in the atmosphere.

Very glad that i had picked this up.
  89. Nov 2, 2011
    My only complaint about this game is the boss fights are a bit annoying but that's just me personally otherwise it's a very worth while game. PS you don't need the missing link dlc but if you need more deus ex action it's worth your time.
  90. Oct 28, 2011
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution is not like other FPS's. You don't just blow s#it out, and kill people. You've got to be intelligent. Of course, you can just kill everything that move towards you. But the fun in this game, is to think, to make a fortress of boxes to hide, to find a vent and go through it, to hack, to hide bodies, and to think what's going to be your next augmentation. This game is not perfect (it's cutscenes are just awful, for example) but the way it plays, it's just incredible. It's a nice RPG and a nice shooter as well. For me, this is a candidate for GOTY. Expand
  91. Oct 27, 2011
    I loved this game!! Great storyline, graphics and gameplay. I love sneaking around hiding and taking out people one by one. I never played the original and thought that i would give this game a chance and i am glad i did. 10 out of 10!!!
  92. Oct 25, 2011
    It's hard to make a game that stands up to the original Deus Ex, and while Human Revolution didn't quite make the Benchmark, it is still a great game in its own right. The graphics are a little dated, but the visual art style more than makes up for this. The atmosphere it something to behold, as Human Revolutions really irks me, like in a good way. It makes me care about he plights of its people, simply by the way it presents itself. The combat is good, even though the AI can be pretty goofy at times. Then generally just patrol the exact same route, so with careful study one can sneak by them pretty easily. You can play the game like a total badass commando, or be a stealthy player. i highly recommend the Stealth Route, as it's just a much more satisfying and rewarding experience. The story can get a little muddled, and I will admit that sometimes Adams voice makes me want to punch something. It sounds like he needs to clear his throat...for the whole game. It's still well written though, so if you can get past that then theres a unique and well presented story to be told here. Overall, I would say you should get this game, or at the very least, its worth a rent. Expand
  93. Oct 25, 2011
    This is a great game and one of the best this year. The action when it occurs is good and never too in your face but that was never my preferred way of playing this game. I liked to go stealth with the occasional gunfight and this is what the game is all about Choice. There is not one path which you must take, there are multiple paths with different advantages which makes this game shine compared to most FPS. The RPG elements work really well and deciding which augment to choose next can be tricky. Though amazingly I actually loved the story which is one of the best I know, the only problem with game is the bosses which are a little generic and not as innovating as everything else. This is a must buy for all SP lovers Expand
  94. Oct 25, 2011
    Talk about a snooze fest. I foolishly bought into the hype on this one and came out extremely let down. So many people have raved about "the story" but I found it extremely boring. Oh no robot pieces on humans what a terrible controversy! The combat is lame, the stealth is repetitive and boring..I really don't see why this game is being rated as high as it is elsewhere. To each their own, but in my opinion this is one of the most boring anti-climatic games I have played.. Expand
  95. Oct 23, 2011
    If I could describe this game in one word, it would be 'epic'. However I will describe it in many words. I bought this game while it still have it's £40 price tag and one point will be that I will never regret that decision. I found myself literally stuck to the campaign of this game, not wanting to put it down for a moment. The campaign revolves around the year 2077, a year were human augmentation is reaching a new peak in technological advancement, but that comes with its costs. That cost being the rise of anti-augmentation groups that have switched to battling the augmentation companies while still trying to have a political dominance over the situation. You are basically a mercenary for hire and you are sent to stop these attacks by a pro-augmentation group. Along the way you decide who shall live and who shall die, who shall win and who shall lose and how your character is designed from base upwards. You go from the streets of Detroit to the scum filled city of Heng Sha in search of a mystery that will change your opinion on everything. Although this game lacks of a multiplayer or in fact, and other game type other than single player, single player is all that this games needs to be rated as an excellent game. Although the missions do become slightly tedious after many hours of game play, the push to find out the mastermind behind the conspiracy heavily outweighs that. Definitely worth a rent for over the weekend if you can finish all twenty odd hours of game play in that time. Expand
  96. Oct 20, 2011
    As I have never played a Deus Ex game before, I was unsure of what to expect. Having been weaned on first-person shooters during my early childhood and later action RPGs I have always been on the hunt for a game which combines RPG elements with meaty combat that is different from the slow action of Fallout 3 but also distanced from the arcadey shooting in Mass Effect 2.

Well, that search
    is over. Human Revolution gives you so many options in every choice you make. What shall it be today, charging in with a minigun or navigating a vent to reach my objective? Every decision you make feels important, and can have certain consequences too. In one scene you must defuse a hostage situation. If you choose the right conversation options, the kidnapper will free the hostage and you will be congratulated for your efforts. However if you make a wrong decision and the man kills the hostage, you will be given an unexpected reward. EVERY choice you make has a consequence of some kind, which makes the game infinitely replayable.

Another remarkable thing about this game is that it achieved the impossible: it made me hate CoD. I was once furiously addicted to gunning down enemies on Nuketown in Black Ops' multiplayer and playing through the long campaign. But when I played Human Revolution that all changed. Now the Black Ops single-player mode was extremely boring and linear. Why walk in a straight line, only being able to shoot or stab one bad guy after another when you could be running past them, taking them down, turning turrets against them or even convincing them to join your cause? Human Revolution has the best combat I have ever seen. The guns feel great and encourage ammo conservation, the cover system is perfectly implemented, the brief take-down 'cut-scenes' are cool and you always, ALWAYS, feel like a bad-ass. And even if shooting isn't your thing, there are many other ways to complete a mission. How about crawling into a secret room and hack a computer to deactivate cameras, giving you an advantage? Or you could just simply adapt to the (exceptionally intelligent) enemies' patrol patterns and avoid them completely. The choices are yours.

If this game still doesn't sound good enough to you, then an extra layer of depth is added via Augmentations. When you earn enough XP you unlock Praxis Points, which are spent on Augmentations. These can range from the ability to see through walls to giving you dermal armor or even invisibility. THESE are the icing on an already very tasty cake.

Still not convinced? Well, there are so many locations and side-missions in the game that it's impossible to complete them all in your first playthrough. And while the graphics are nothing special up close, the visual style of gold and black is quite breath-taking. DO NOT dismiss this game just because of the graphical style; they are not some crappy anime visuals.

The writing, too, excels with a deep story and very memorable characters. I felt heartbroken when a certain character died towards the end of the game and continue to wonder whether I could have prevented their death.

After all of the lavish praise I have thrown upon this game, you must think that there are no flaws. But there are. Critical decisions are sometimes made for you during cut-scenes, making you curse to yourself and say 'I could have prevented her from getting away if this wasn't a God-damned cut-scene!' or something of the like. Along those lines, boss fights are very standard fare like in other games. You are given no options regarding the three in the game but to kill them. No talking, no hacking, just plain shooting until they're dead.

And during the course of the game I could have sworn that I was playing Oblivion. The game can be so buggy sometimes I occasionally recoiled and thought 'WTF?'. As an example, I once walked into a room to find a pile of clothes on the floor. When I hovered the cursor over it, the 'clothes' appeared to be a certain Doctor Colvin. When I pressed A to talk to her, a body suddenly filled those clothes and started conversing with me. And when the second boss battle begun, I took cover behind a nearby wall. After a few moments of nothing happening, I decided to see what she was doing. It turned out that the 'boss' was actually spending her time running into a wall, unable to move away. I took advantage of the oppurtunity and emptied to clips on her until she died.

Remarkably, though, these minor setbacks donnot detract from the game's excellence whatsoever. Deus Ex: Human Revolution is a deep, though-provoking game that betters the original in every way. And if there's one decision that is clear, it's this: BUY THIS GAME.
  97. Oct 19, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A satisfactory but flawed game which doesn't live up to the high scores it has received. The game starts well in a reasonably sized district of near-future Detroit. There are an abundance of characters to interact with, numerous sub-quests, the promise of multiplicity of ways to achieve quests and a palpably atmospheric vibe. It feels like an open-world like full of intrigue and potential. At some point before the first boss however, doubts begin to set in. First of all: how dull, trite and one dimensional are the characters? Jensen, Sarin, the villains... just rough thumbnail sketches, with no depth or originality. For a main character Jensen is particularly flimsy. I felt nothing for him and his tedious attempts at laconic wit. The story is similarly lack-lustre: a derivative William Gibson-esque jaunt in which barely anything happens other than visiting a few rival corporate headquarters. As for the "twist"... pffh. Risible stuff. Of course, none of this sniping at plot would matter if the gameplay was as engaging as promised, but after a brief period of novelty the illusion of flexibility becomes painfully apparent. The interesting city-hubs aside, the environment is surprisingly linear and if I'm honest, all very uninspiring and samey looking. Corridors, air ducts, offices, warehouses. A barren and homogenous environment in which to pull off the same gambits to a defeat brainless collection AI simpletons. By the time you've reached the Picus headquarters the gameplay has descended into a hopelessly tedious rut: hacking into computers to read emails vapid emails, earning praxis points for augments that add little advantage, collecting credits you can't spend. I don't even want to talk about the boss battles. In summary, the word setting and premise of game provided a very rich canvas, but Square Enix botched it with a lifeless execution and a painful lack of imagination. Rent this game, don't buy it. Expand
  98. Oct 14, 2011
    I couldn't force myself to get to the first boss battle. And I hear the boss battles are some of the worst aspects of this game. So know, when reading this, that I didn't play through fully. I couldn't stomach playing as an enhanced soldier who is the most gimped action hero yet. This guy is two steps up from Stephen Hawking with almost no ability for combat. I'm sure this was tuned to balance the game, but it doesn't work. You have to go into the inventory menu and eat an energy bar between melee attacks. This breaks the realism. But, you can tell they really put a lot of thought in this game. The dialogue is good, and there are tons of emails, pocket secretaries, newspapers, and ebooks laying around. You could definitely spend hours immersing yourself in the backstory. But all that rich world is betrayed by a dated FPS feel that seems to be designed against fluid action. Also, your character's reliance on an abundance of air ducts is laughable. Almost every building you enter has you navigating through tiny crawl spaces. Might as well call it Duct Runnerâ Expand
  99. Oct 12, 2011
    this is one of my favorite games of all time and i highly recommend this to anyone who likes stealth/action games the story is great and there are many different ways to complete objectives and warrants multiple replays after the first to see what you could do differently each time
  100. Oct 10, 2011
    The original Deus Ex is my favourite game ever, and here, I compare DX:HR to the original. The following are ways in which it doesn't quite live up to the original:

1. Immersion. The original Deus Ex was the most immersive game I have ever played. You could read public service announcements, read newspapers, read books, listen to and converse with any number of NPCs, and just watch the
    world unfold before your eyes. HR does do this, much better than most other games, but not to the same level as the original. The only books available are by and large eBooks about augmentation. There are far fewer NPCs that you can converse with, and the conversations are much shorter. (For example, in the original, in the very first level you can have a few lengthy conversations with Paul; there isn't a conversation that long with anyone in the entire game in DX:HR).

2. Upgrading your character. The original Deus Ex had a truly RPG-style system of upgrading one's character. You earned experience points for doing various things, e.g. accessing a secured area, achieving secondary objectives. These could be used to upgrade a large variety of skills. In addition, you had augmentations which could each be upgraded by finding canisters. DX:HR completely gets rid of the skills system, which is a real shame, as this massively simplifies the game. Instead you can buy or earn augmentation upgrades through experience points - which are given to you in too structured a way. For example, you'll get experience for crawling through a vent, regardless of which direction you're going in or the purpose of doing so. You'll get experience for taking enemies down, and for hacking a terminal (even if you know the code). This encourages pointless activities just for experience. 3. Scope. DX:HR is shorter than the original, and offers much less in the way of sidequests, and NPCs to talk to. For all its talk of "hubs", there are actually only 2 hubs, and their layout is fairly linear. 4. Story. There are many things just not explained in DX:HR, and a lot of loose ends. The main part of the story, when revealed, is quite frankly stupid. The story of the original was excellent, with well-paces twists and turns. There seems to be some kind of attempt at delivering a message of some sort, but I just don't get it.

5. Motivation. In the original, I was motivated to find out the truth, to help those who I felt were in the right, and to help those who were my friends. In HR, half the time I had no idea why Jensen was bothering to do the things he was doing, he seemed to be the only person that gave a **** In HR, you can help a particular character, and yet he'll try and kill you later on anyway, which gave me the sense that my actions didn't really matter all that much. 6. The boss battles. Very annoying, and at least the original gave you the option to learn the killphrases of Navarre and Gunther. To be fair, they were also annoying in the original, but at least you could run away from some of them, and they didn't have this ridiculous "arena setting".

7. Air vents. "Oh no, I'm supposed to get into a building which is heavily guarded by enemies. Oh wait, theres an air vent glowing yellow in the corner, thats handy." The original did also have these, but it wasn't nearly as overdone as it is in DX:HR. Which absolutely insane engineer designed the buildings of the future anyway... half the vents don't even lead outside!

8. Endings. The endings are VERY lazily done compared to the original which actually required you to DO stuff. The actual cinematics you get are pretty rubbish.

9. Hacking. A pain in the ARSE. Its just NOT FUN. If I wanted some crappy little minigame I'D PLAY MINESWEEPER.

All in all, its a fun game, but its not in the same league as the original. Oh, and people are complaining about the graphics... what the hell are you on? It looks absolutely amazing... thats one thing it undoubtedly does much better than the original.
  101. Aug 23, 2011
    Whoever stands behind this game took this stuff seriously. You really can't blame a game these days only because of an outdated hardware on which it is supposed to run. Visuals, sound, AI, mechanics, dialogue, RPG elements are crafted generally the way they should be. Making it more complex could let you lose most of the audience who haven't played it prequels. This game is really challenging. If you lose you know it's because you didn't think of a correct solution to the problem. Deus Ex universe is what gets as close as possible to what you could possibly witness in the next few decades in your own world. I think that's the main reason to check it out. Collapse

1. Nov 29, 2011
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution lives up to the lofty expectations of the Deus Ex name. Beyond that, it's a superb game in its own right.
  3. Sep 29, 2011
    Deus EX Human Revolution has been one of the more entertaining games I have played this year so far. Filled with a gripping story, interesting characters, and addictive game play Deus Ex is a game that would be a worthy addition to any collection. Fans of action or RPG games should find a lot of value in this retail title.