Devil May Cry 4 Xbox 360

8.1

1. May 20, 2015
    I'm not sure how old this game is but I just played some of it. I was very disappointed. The enemy design and A.I. was terrible. The game stops every few seconds with a flyby or animation and it just kills it for me. The map is useless... Half the time you have no idea where to go... Or for that matter why you are going where you're going.. Story seemed OK for what little bit there was.I'm not sure how old this game is but I just played some of it. I was very disappointed. The enemy design and A.I. was terrible. The game stops every few seconds with a flyby or animation and it just kills it for me. The map is useless... Half the time you have no idea where to go... Or for that matter why you are going where you're going.. Story seemed OK for what little bit there was. Anyhow I played one of these games a long time ago and I remembered it being a great game... This one seemed phoned in... Just my opinion... Expand
  2. BenN
    Oct 19, 2009
    The quality of presentation on this game was fantastic, but the gameplay falls short. God of War changed the Action genre a long time ago (by video game standards), and DMC4 just doesn't live up to that new standard. There was a time back on the Creamcast or the Playstation 1 that this kind of repetitive gameplay is exactly what we would have expected from an action title, but we The quality of presentation on this game was fantastic, but the gameplay falls short. God of War changed the Action genre a long time ago (by video game standards), and DMC4 just doesn't live up to that new standard. There was a time back on the Creamcast or the Playstation 1 that this kind of repetitive gameplay is exactly what we would have expected from an action title, but we expect more now. The game was alo artificially lengthened near the end by a die-based game that required landing on particular spots in a circle, and game developers took the easy route, but having the player beat each boss monster 3 times. The incredible visuals, and stunning cut-scenes carry the player through what would have otherwise been a lack-luster experience. I played through the title, but put it in my sell pile immediately after the final credits rolled. Expand
  3. MattA
    Aug 16, 2009
    Honestly, I hated it. The campaign is so cheap and ridiculous, it's unbelievable. So first off you start as Nero - a cross between Ex Man Utd football player Ronaldo and Metal Gear's Raiden - and you bash through 11 boring levels of hack N' Slash. At level 12 you become Dante, AND YOU HAVE TO PLAY THROUGH THE PREVIOUS 11 LEVELS AGAIN IN REVERSE ORDER... Such a cheap and Honestly, I hated it. The campaign is so cheap and ridiculous, it's unbelievable. So first off you start as Nero - a cross between Ex Man Utd football player Ronaldo and Metal Gear's Raiden - and you bash through 11 boring levels of hack N' Slash. At level 12 you become Dante, AND YOU HAVE TO PLAY THROUGH THE PREVIOUS 11 LEVELS AGAIN IN REVERSE ORDER... Such a cheap and shoddy way of drawing out a game. To make matters worse, if you want more then 100 achievement points, you have to complete the game another 6 times (each mode becomes progressively harder). The only redeeming feature is that it has nice backgrounds Expand
  4. SamuelS.
    Mar 16, 2008
    Hey! Run over here! Use that arm thingy! Now beat the hell out of the Tim Burton rejects! Okay, good job! Now, do it again, over the same areas, with that other guy who wears a red trenchcoat. The one with 2 pistols. Yeah, him. Roll credits.
  5. MartinR.
    Mar 5, 2008
    Overall a repetitive game lacking any real need of thought. The franchise has repeatedly gone downhill since the first one as capcom haven't spiced it up that much at all. This game is not worth a purchase but if you must try renting it out first.
  6. JollyBoy
    Mar 4, 2008
    This game is hateful. Looks and presentation like a Porshe 911, contains the engine of a Morris Minor. Great Graphics and then that's it. The puzzles wouldn't trouble the brain of a three year old but test the patience of anyone with a decent IQ (Anyone who gave this a high score must have loved smacking those Gyros around, personally , I'd have rather gone to the dentist This game is hateful. Looks and presentation like a Porshe 911, contains the engine of a Morris Minor. Great Graphics and then that's it. The puzzles wouldn't trouble the brain of a three year old but test the patience of anyone with a decent IQ (Anyone who gave this a high score must have loved smacking those Gyros around, personally , I'd have rather gone to the dentist for a few extractions). And that same bl00dy guitar rift every time mosters appeared. Geeze Capcom, get a grip. Collapse
  7. MattT.
    Feb 20, 2008
    Very repetitive, very blurry at times which gives me a headache, and pretty boring. The most exciting part of the game is the cinematic video... not the game play.
  8. EugenioM.
    Feb 11, 2008
    This game was horrible, graphics are not bad. Too many cinematic and the enemies were too easy except for the boss's. The game is very repetitive especially in "the gauntlet". I cannot comprehend how anybody could give it a good score.
  9. JIMP.
    Jan 22, 2008
    What a disappointment. I expected so much more from this game.

1. Everything a hack-and-slash should be and then some. Sadly it falters with repeated level design and a moderately troublesome camera; but in the grand scheme of things, these are only minor flaws. Devil May Cry 4 delivers an experience that is second to none on Xbox 360, so far. Held together by a solid narrative, it makes your blood boil with every fight you encounter.
    Even with its minor faults, you'll be hard-pressed to find a better-feeling, better-looking, jack-of-all-trades action game on the market today. [Mar 2008, p.82]
  3. Maxi Consolas (Portugal)
    The combat system is still brilliant, Nero proves to be a good character and visually it’s pretty impressive. But we can’t help feeling a little disappointed. It’s still a great action game, but has the same flaws of every other title of the series. [Feb 2008]