6.6

1. Sep 4, 2013
    I have never written a review on Metacritic before and have only registered today purely to write this.

Diablo III is truly the most over-rated pile of cr*p I have played in a long time. THIS is the game that PC gamers went mad for 12 months ago?

Before anyone slates me for not giving it a chance. I have played it for 8 hours, just to see if I am missing something.... I'm not. For
    those of you that are old enough to remember Smash TV.... this is just an updated version.

The environments are very pretty but the character models are FUGLY! The gameplay is as simplistic as pointing at an enemy and pulling the trigger or hitting the A button until its dead. Then, if it drops loot, collect it, see if the loot you've picked up has a greater number to it than the loot you are currently using and swap out. Where is the "Deep, RPG elements" to this game?

Please, if I am wrong, please tell me where this game deserves the high scores? I have seen this style of game done much better in the past. Perhaps my expectations were too high. Perhaps I shouldn't have listened to the reviews but I expected a console "Neverwinter Nights" not a "Smash TV" style re-boot.
  2. Sep 12, 2013
    The game strays to far from what made it legendary. It was clearly not designed by the original developers.

Rest in peace Diablo. We will miss you.
  3. Sep 5, 2013
    Honestly, one of the most disappointing and over hyped games i have ever played. So disappointing that the only reason i registered on this site was to post this review to share my opinion and feelings. This game in every aspect fell completely short for me. I purchased this game the first day it was released and played it for roughly 30 hours before i stopped. I have not played it since and have never even hesitated or thought twice about playing it again. I played it with friends and people that I knew, thinking it would perhaps make this game more exciting, but it didnt and everyone i have talked to feels the same way.

There is no customization or RPG element to me. No skill tree customization or no reward in building your character, besides trying to loot for a couple items. Now playing Dialbo 2 i can not say that system was perfect by any means, but compared to this vanilla and simple game, it felt much more rewarding.

In every RPG i have ever played or can recall, there was some way to level up your character and choose a path to build your character instead of unlocking everything, that is the the true joy of playing an RPG and spending vast amount of hours in them (and also the items and loot, which i found dissapointing).

The path Blizzard chose to take for this game completely ruined it in my opinion, I purchased and played many games before this game and since such a disappointing game i will never in my life purchase another product from Blizzard as to me it is clear they only want to make money instead of building amazing games that stay true to their hardcore fans and not just appeal to a general audience. In a way i understand why they may have done this, however abandoning your true and loyal fans in the process and losing one of the most rewarding aspects in the process is unacceptable to me.
  4. Sep 12, 2013
    I loved Diablo 2, my brother and I would play it all the time on the pc back in the day. I had hopes that they would continue their great work by making Diablo 3 even better with better graphics, better action, more spells, but instead I was let down. Instead of Diablo 3 I got the offspring of dragon age and wow. With graphics looking like 2004 and spells that could put a meth head on a binge to sleep I was let down. I am glad I redboxed it and I recommend anyone that's played diablo 2 to just stick to that because if you were looking for a sequel this is not it. No wonder this game kept getting its release date changed over and over. I loved playing as a necromancer and having the freedom to choose which spells and attributes I would use. In this game you cant choose anything that you want its what they choose for you. This is what happens when the developers of the real diablo are shut down and instead are left with the fat cats at wow to release a quick, cheap cash cow with the illusion of your childhood nostalgia. Expand
  5. Sep 28, 2013
    No mini-games, boring creatures to swat with mundane attacks, lame weapons/loot...uninspired and repetitive levels and scenery...boring characters and quests. The game is more like World of Moneycraft than Diablo. I tried to like it but it just plain sucks. There is far more to do in skyrim or any Elder scrolls game for that matter. Don't waste your hard earned cash on this WoW clone, buy Skyrim or the originol Diablo's instead. I mean they were too lazy to even put in weather effects or a decent character customization. Oh and there is nothing to do once you beat the game on all the difficulties. The achievements are poiuntless and reward you with literally nothing. And then there is the pathetic DRM and failed auction house. It's sad how millions of sheeple bought nothing but a piece of hype (and sh**). Expand
  6. Nov 7, 2013
    While having nice combat and sound, the game fails at anything else. The itemization is very weak and character customization is non-existant, paired with a story that is an insult to all Diablo fans (games nad books).

Horrible game, wouldn't advice to buy it.
  7. Feb 28, 2014
    When i first started this game i was excited cause im old enough to remember the first two. as i got through the first act it felt like a clone of the originals with almost nothing new in it. as i breezed through the story i knew that there was nothing special about it. it was just another excuse for blizzard to try and make more money off people. i would rather play the worst game ever then sit through it again Expand

A conversion that is almost too good to be true. Diablo III is moving past its previous mistakes and removes the game-breaking auction house that made PC players suffer through its charts. [Issue#234]
  2. Oct 16, 2013
    Diablo III is a better game on consoles. Gamepad controls lack precision a bit, but on the other hand this version does a better job at conveying the most important thing in the series – the euphoria associated with looting. [CD-Action 11/2013, p.68]
  3. Oct 14, 2013
    It's one of the best local and online co-op games available on 360. [Issue#103, p.77]