DiRT Xbox 360

7.4

1. AndyD.
    Jun 8, 2007
    A hell of a lot better than Forza 2 and much more fun...Great graphics and sound coupled with great gameplay and the super slick menu system makes this a must have game!
    Jun 10, 2007
    Brilliant rally game. Awesome.
  3. Ninto
    Jun 4, 2007
    This is simply the best racegame I've played on the Xbox 360 till now. Better than Forza 2, better than Project Gotham Racing 3. It may not be the ultimate simulation racer, but it isn't arcade either. You should buy this game for sure if you like to race. You should buy it if you own a Xbox 360!
  4. JackD.
    Jul 10, 2007
    This game is a lot of fun and the graphics look great. It would probably be even better if I had the steering wheel.
  5. ChrisA.
    Jun 21, 2007
    I had not previously played any of the Colin McRae games before, but after playing the demo of this game from Live I was completely hooked. This is simply a fun rally racer with great visuals and offers a good balance between arcade and simulation with regards to the gameplay. I am not a die hard sim guy, so the arcade feel works just fine with me as far as playability goes. The menu I had not previously played any of the Colin McRae games before, but after playing the demo of this game from Live I was completely hooked. This is simply a fun rally racer with great visuals and offers a good balance between arcade and simulation with regards to the gameplay. I am not a die hard sim guy, so the arcade feel works just fine with me as far as playability goes. The menu interface is also very well done and adds an engaging element to the game in addition to the rush of racing the various vehicles in this game. Also, the replays give you a true sense of what you have accomplished with each race. From the amazing camera angle to the slow motion effect, it all comes together for a true cinematic experience. Overall, from a casual racing gamer point of view, this game hits the mark in my opinion. Expand
  6. JoeyL.
    Jun 20, 2007
    Im very pleased with how this game is set up. It's control is not too hard to get the hang of. It has a great set up of different events to play and a really nice system of playing against the worlds high scores. The detail in the cars is great, and the variety of cars is great. The damage you car receives according to the crash is almost perfect. The only problem i have had with the Im very pleased with how this game is set up. It's control is not too hard to get the hang of. It has a great set up of different events to play and a really nice system of playing against the worlds high scores. The detail in the cars is great, and the variety of cars is great. The damage you car receives according to the crash is almost perfect. The only problem i have had with the crashes is that I like to see my crash finnish; if your crash get to wild and you go off coarse it sets you back up on course. Other than that i find little flaw in the game. Keep pumping them out Codemasters and i'll keep on playing. Expand
  7. CiaranG.
    Jun 20, 2007
    Codemasters sure know how to make a game! I feel they've hit the right spot between simulation and arcade so that it's realistic yet fun. The game is very thrilling, and it looks so good at all times - both in game and wandering through the cool menus. It has become Americanised, but I feel it is now a much more varied experience. There's loads to do. The only Codemasters sure know how to make a game! I feel they've hit the right spot between simulation and arcade so that it's realistic yet fun. The game is very thrilling, and it looks so good at all times - both in game and wandering through the cool menus. It has become Americanised, but I feel it is now a much more varied experience. There's loads to do. The only disappointment is that there are only 2 online modes, based around the rally mode so there's no multi-car racing but the online mode is still well thought out and satisfying. The game's soundtrack consists of 10 songs, but I think they are really good songs and the sound effects are also great. There are some very minor annoyances but these are dwarfed by the games virtues. This game is not really a social experience like Forza but if you're looking for time on your own for a thrill, I'd suggest getting this! Collapse
  8. RyanH.
    Sep 16, 2007
    This game is pure awesome, and as close to real as a racing game can get while staying fun for the average gamer. I'm not a Forza or Grand Turismo fan, the burnout and NFS series' have always held my heart, but this semi-sim has just the right amount of challenge and reward to keep me coming back to it. The lack of anything but improvised hot seat multiplayer at home is sad, but This game is pure awesome, and as close to real as a racing game can get while staying fun for the average gamer. I'm not a Forza or Grand Turismo fan, the burnout and NFS series' have always held my heart, but this semi-sim has just the right amount of challenge and reward to keep me coming back to it. The lack of anything but improvised hot seat multiplayer at home is sad, but the single player is incredible enough to play and watch that you and your friends won't mind taking turns. Dirt for the win! Expand
  9. WayneH.
    Sep 22, 2007
    After reading the comments on this page so far its obvious that the hard core McRae fans are dissapointed byt the lack of pure realism in the game. I have many rally games including the Mcrae franchise and world rally etc and as far as looks go this one beats them all hands down. The handing of the cars can be made to feel more like a rally game if you change it correctly in the set up After reading the comments on this page so far its obvious that the hard core McRae fans are dissapointed byt the lack of pure realism in the game. I have many rally games including the Mcrae franchise and world rally etc and as far as looks go this one beats them all hands down. The handing of the cars can be made to feel more like a rally game if you change it correctly in the set up but I understand where people are comming from when they say its not a rally game. It is however a fun fun game, i love the big Chevy 4x4 races. Its Just fun, I know that the physics isnt spot on but i still have a smile on my face. If you just want a pure rally feel prob best to get the new sega rally game but if you want a great racer thats fun by Dirt! Biggest down fall is the lack of 2 player. Rest in Peace Col, you're a legend. Expand
  10. JF
    Jun 16, 2007
    This game is fantastic. looks great and plays great! compaired to Forza2 ( which is good also) it's so much more fun. I've just been playing it non stop since I got it... It might not be the most realistic - but its certainly the most fun.
  11. Dan
    Jun 21, 2007
    I bought this game the day it came out. I love it. If you want a "Fun-to-play" racing game this is a must! Although I have PGR3 and forza 2, i just get so fustrated sometimes. Half way through forza 2 and I end up loosing interest... If you liked Burnout or if anyone remembers back in the day "Insane" this game is a MUST have!
  12. Lukedeem
    Jun 21, 2007
    Best racing game for the 360 thats FUN to play and not insanely realistic like forza. Not saying forza isnt good, its just not a "fun" game to play like Dirt. Sick graphics, Sick damage.
  13. John
    Jun 21, 2007
    Finnaly a game that I cant have fun with rather than getting fustrated like hell with like forza. Basicly you have two options when it comes to racing games. Simulation - Forza, G.T, PGR or Arcade - Burnout, and now Dirt. If your looking for Simulation hard realistic to the (T) get forza 2. If your looking to have some fun and have your friends be able to play also go with Dirt! haha, Finnaly a game that I cant have fun with rather than getting fustrated like hell with like forza. Basicly you have two options when it comes to racing games. Simulation - Forza, G.T, PGR or Arcade - Burnout, and now Dirt. If your looking for Simulation hard realistic to the (T) get forza 2. If your looking to have some fun and have your friends be able to play also go with Dirt! haha, very funny to watch my friends try to play forza 2. Im sure they will do much better with DIrt Thanks Codemasters. Expand
  14. AnthonyN.
    Jun 22, 2007
    When I first played the demo, I wasn't too impressed with the over responsive handling, but overall it was fun. Already owning and loving Forza 2, I thought I'd go for Dirt. I'm glad I did. When Forza 2 gets slighty dull (after hours of constant play), it's a breath of fresh air to play a no-brainer game that it full of speed and excitement. If I had to choose, When I first played the demo, I wasn't too impressed with the over responsive handling, but overall it was fun. Already owning and loving Forza 2, I thought I'd go for Dirt. I'm glad I did. When Forza 2 gets slighty dull (after hours of constant play), it's a breath of fresh air to play a no-brainer game that it full of speed and excitement. If I had to choose, I'd have Forza2 over this but if you can, get them both as they are totally different games. Also, get the forcefeedback steering wheel. It's amazing how much it adds to these games. For all those people who gave Dirt a score of 1, well you're entitled to your opinion....but you're wrong. Cheers. Expand
  15. MiguelG.
    Jun 29, 2007
    I haven't been to the "driving games University" so I kinda play them just for the fun, and heck! This one's a blast, and gorgeous to look at on top of it. Roll on a driving weekend's coming this way!
  16. SLogan
    Jun 30, 2007
    This Game is fun ,fun, fun! Forza 2 is great but its not a rally game and vice versa. Dirt has Great GFX and great handling if you know how to set it up in game. I love playing online, battling it out and trying to get the best time, and love the replays! the only thing Codemasters left out... saving replays ...overall great game that will stay in my gaming cabernet for a long time to come.
  17. V-digit
    Aug 31, 2007
    Great game - great graphics - way too much fun. perfect controls once u get the hang of it.
  18. SteveP
    Jan 21, 2009
    Not a simulation like Gran Turismo but never-the-less it is a great game. Really good graphics and good damage. Handling of cars is a little arcadey and takes a while to get used to. Races are quite varied. Uphill races are awesome especially on full difficulty and damage, knowing one small mistake will totally trash your car. Online aspect is good, you have to strike the balance between Not a simulation like Gran Turismo but never-the-less it is a great game. Really good graphics and good damage. Handling of cars is a little arcadey and takes a while to get used to. Races are quite varied. Uphill races are awesome especially on full difficulty and damage, knowing one small mistake will totally trash your car. Online aspect is good, you have to strike the balance between all-out speed and agression with the knowledge you actually have to finish the race in order to finish first. People who dont usually rate racing games may find it a little repetitive. Expand
  19. Goldciggy
    Jun 13, 2007
    Xbox 360s Best racing game to date. 10 times Better than Forza 2 ....I say buy buy buy this game its awesome!
  20. NickG.
    Jun 15, 2007
    An excellent off-road racing game, that gives Forza 2 a run for it's money. From the slick menu system, to the amazing graphical detail, this one is a winner.
  21. BlueFalcon
    Aug 13, 2007
    This is a truly outstanding game. It plays a LOT like Rallisport Challenge 2. I just wish there was offline multiplayer, and better online multiplayer. With those additions, I'd likely give it a 10/10.

1. Official Xbox Magazine
    So don't let Dirt's pointed non--"PGR"-ness stop you in the slightest--if all you care about is great gameplay, it's easily one of the best 360 racing games yet. [July 2007, p.74]
    When you can count every leaf on every piece of brush across a three mile track, that's a major graphical accomplishment. If only every aspect of DiRT matched the graphics and presentation, it would be among the top racers on Xbox 360. DiRT still hasn't fixed Colin McRae's longtime use of a central pivot for turning and the racing feels floaty at times.
  3. The core racing is thrilling yet accessible and the amount of content on offer will keep players enthralled for some time. Some inexplicable frame rate problems and a lacklustre online multiplayer mode prevent this from being a classic.