7.8

1. Oct 19, 2012
    Multiple-choice approaches, large levels, great design, fun core gameplay and meaningful decisions are some of the factors that make this a great game. It's not perfect - no game is - but it's an awesome breath of fresh air compared to most big-title games. Best stealth game in a very long time.
  2. Oct 9, 2012
    P.S Sorry for bad english im in a hurry
  3. Oct 18, 2012
    The most problem is that story ends when you want more! Amazing game with unique atmosphere and incredible gameplay. Reminded me Thief series much, and I'm thankful for that.
  4. Oct 23, 2012
    Well, there is one main point you should know about this game. Because many people will love the game for it. Other will trash it because of this feature. The huge portion of the game is made by the side locations (whole areas, that you do not have to visit at all), many paths to the target (but you have to use just one of them) and huge amount of details (journals, books, letters, orWell, there is one main point you should know about this game. Because many people will love the game for it. Other will trash it because of this feature. The huge portion of the game is made by the side locations (whole areas, that you do not have to visit at all), many paths to the target (but you have to use just one of them) and huge amount of details (journals, books, letters, or whispers about every npc or location) that can be missed or ignored. So basically quality of this game depends on your favorite gamepplay style. If you like to explore, look for the details and enjoy the world and freedom you will love this game. It can offer you over 20+hours of gameplay and it is real gem. If you like to play "to the point" and just go to finish your mission, you may be able to finish it under 5 hours (Im not talking speedrun here!) and dont see anything special. If you for example choose COD play style, the shooting is actually less fun that in other FPS games. So if you are this kind of player, you will be dissapointed. Expand
  5. Oct 16, 2012
    A truly masterful title that really lets you see how your choices effect how the rest of the game will play out, the gameplay is just awesome, unlocking new powers and abilities and experimenting with them and trying to find new ways to get through levels or new ways to take out enemies. Dishonored is all about choice, want to sneak past every guard and not kill anyone? You can. Want toA truly masterful title that really lets you see how your choices effect how the rest of the game will play out, the gameplay is just awesome, unlocking new powers and abilities and experimenting with them and trying to find new ways to get through levels or new ways to take out enemies. Dishonored is all about choice, want to sneak past every guard and not kill anyone? You can. Want to just go berserk and murder everyone? You can. The combat and the powers also feel very solid, and so does the stealth, sneaking around feels great just as it should. Taking many cues from games like Thief and Bioshock, Dishonored is one of the best games to come out this year and anyone who remotely likes stealth games should go out and purchase this game ASAP Expand
  6. Oct 11, 2012
    Brilliant game with multiple paths to completing various missions. If you enjoyed games like Deus Ex: HR with it's mission based structure, you'll really like this game. Although it isn't a truly open world game (it may have benefited from this, who knows), it does have a similar feel. The soft RPG elements, and wonderful artistic style give it a very unique feel compared to other games ofBrilliant game with multiple paths to completing various missions. If you enjoyed games like Deus Ex: HR with it's mission based structure, you'll really like this game. Although it isn't a truly open world game (it may have benefited from this, who knows), it does have a similar feel. The soft RPG elements, and wonderful artistic style give it a very unique feel compared to other games of this generation.

It isn't an entirely flawless game, there a few tiny hitches here and there like being unable to take out lights in certain areas, but as a launch game and the first in the series, you can bet it will only get better in future endeavours. I've given it a 10 for the incredible effort the devs have put into the game and it is really evident.
  7. Jan 7, 2013
    This game is an innovative marvel and should be rated in the 90's on metacrtic. I haven't seen a better game even close this year. I love that you can play this game in a multitued of ways from pure stealth, to pure guns ablazin, to a combination platter of the two. As well, the overall artistic style is so subtletly done to perfection with hints of comic book, steampunk, and highThis game is an innovative marvel and should be rated in the 90's on metacrtic. I haven't seen a better game even close this year. I love that you can play this game in a multitued of ways from pure stealth, to pure guns ablazin, to a combination platter of the two. As well, the overall artistic style is so subtletly done to perfection with hints of comic book, steampunk, and high saturation. None of it is in your face and is all maintained at an exquisite. Suffice it to say, I love this game. Expand
  8. Oct 9, 2012
    Best game since Half-Life 2 came out. The story is amazing, the stealth gameplay is second-to-none, and the tension and atmosphere are top notch. Highly recommended.
  9. Oct 9, 2012
    Wow. Breath of fresh air. Amazing game, and something NEW for once! Must buy for anyone that is on the fence... it has depth, and some of the most unique gameplay I've ever experienced.
  10. Feb 13, 2013
    Probably the best game I played in 2012, I love how the game uses its art style and the story telling is amazingly well done, the game is very immersive and overall a great game.

Only problem is the game is quite short, it has multiple endings but you want more after.
  11. Oct 10, 2012
    I could not put this game down. The levels are interesting, the powers are fun, and the story line is enjoyable. If you played batman arkhamill asylum or city and like the dectective mode and stealth fighting, you will love this game.
  12. Oct 9, 2012
    While it has a few quirks here and there, Dishonored delivers on almost every admirably/crazily ambitious promise made by its creators. Its impeccably crafted gameplay and exquisitely haunting and detailed world stand in loving tribute to all of the iconic and acclaimed franchises that inspired it, and yet it still has a soul and style all its own.
  13. Oct 15, 2012
    Excellent game if you want you can play in stealth mode or you can play in Rambo mode killing everyone in your path making the next levels more difficult. you have to play this game
  14. Oct 24, 2012
    The Telegraph review pretty much sums up this games qualities. It is a truly refreshing experience, a game that is actually intelligent and where choices have consequences. FPS fan boys may not appreciate its finer qualities...guess some folks prefer tequila shots to a fine sipping bourbon or single malt scotch. This game resembes the latter.
  15. Oct 15, 2012
    Great Game. Told a great story and gave you the freedom to decide how the story was told and how it ended. Nice to see real craftmanship in a game. At least two play throughs. I'm already on my second one.
  16. Oct 12, 2012
    What a gem. This game is everything we want as gamers. It's new, fresh, innovative, and just a damn good time. It doesn't take us for fools and is a smart and well thought out game. Love that you can remove the hud as well. This isn't a game you are supposed to rush through. Take your time, explore, etc. Unbelievably great game.
  17. Oct 12, 2012
    I am in love with this game. It's soooo beautiful and the world is so well made. I love exploring the levels and finding everything it has to offer. I am playing a full stealth game and it's so intense and fun. If I get caught I consider it a failure and reload I haven't had this much fun in a game since Deus Ex: Human Revolution!
  18. Dec 17, 2013
    One of Top 5 games on this generation. More freedom on gameplay than almost any other game out there. Graphics and style are awesome, really artistic. There are so many ways to go trough this game that one walktrough is totally different from another. You have to own this game and play it over and over again.
  19. Oct 10, 2012
    Absolutely fantastic, nothing bad to say about this game. The rpg elements dont hold back the combat, or vise versa. The characters and lore are well thought out, but dont force you to read everything. If you want to just play, that is possible, or if you want a more immersive time, that's possible too.
  20. Oct 14, 2012
    Second review, after playing the game for a while. My score for it hasn't changed, still 10/10. People have complained about the length but achievements wise, you have to replay the game many times, and u get to study each map so for me the length is perfect. The story, yes it isn't the greatest or most dramatic but honestly that's not why we play this game. Graphics on the 360 leaves muchSecond review, after playing the game for a while. My score for it hasn't changed, still 10/10. People have complained about the length but achievements wise, you have to replay the game many times, and u get to study each map so for me the length is perfect. The story, yes it isn't the greatest or most dramatic but honestly that's not why we play this game. Graphics on the 360 leaves much to be desired but it didn't bother me at all. It looks better on PC, which is puzzling. The reason we play this game is for the gameplay and concept and both of those have been implemented Brilliantly. The abilities are all significant and unique, the maps all have multiple paths that u learn about each time u play. For the intrigued you have the ability to be creative. Don't put this game down for not being an open world rpg. That's not what it is it's not assassins creed. It's dishonored and it's a brilliant game. Expand
  21. Jan 16, 2013
    This game is great. Weather you are slaying everyone in site or sneaking past everyone without killing a soul, this game delivers. The story is a simple tale of reclaiming your honor through revenge with some predictable twists here and there, but the story is great and regardless of bringing the city to the brink of destruction or keeping it and yourself under control, every ending isThis game is great. Weather you are slaying everyone in site or sneaking past everyone without killing a soul, this game delivers. The story is a simple tale of reclaiming your honor through revenge with some predictable twists here and there, but the story is great and regardless of bringing the city to the brink of destruction or keeping it and yourself under control, every ending is great. The game changes 2 of the missions every play through which are both my favorites, but the other missions provide there own challenges in the form of numerous paths of varying difficulties depending on how you build your character or in what ways you are limiting yourself in your play-through. If you kill every one and every target the final missions change to reflect the fear your targets have, while playing mercifully will leave the more wide open and easier to finish off. The Powers I found varying in usefulness. My first run was pure stealth with no kills, no powers beside blink level 1, and no detection, and it offered me a unique way of playing that required thought and lots of saving. My second run lead me to learn that Blink and Dark Vision are very useful while Agility is decent and the rest of the powers I used were novel at best, but that was because of how I played. Even when killing everyone I kept to the shadows at times waiting for the moment to strike.

The levels are all very different besides the 2nd and 3rd which share there first sections, but have unique areas in which to kill the target(s). The time of day varies which will try and force you to adapt a different style of play depending on how hard or easy it is to hide. The upgrades range for useful to pointless, and unfortunately none will help the merciful assassin besides 2 to maybe 4, but when it comes to combat they can really change the game.

My only problem with this game is that new play-throughs overwrite the replay mission stats of other play-throughs. This means that that run through where you hadn't spent any upgrade points on supernatural powers until the last level allowing for you to approach the finally with any combination of powers was overwritten by the time you spent them all. Same goes for mission clear stats. You really proud of completing the game without being seen or killing anyone? Hope you aren't planning on replaying the game without taking some screen caps first.

As for the game overall, it's quite possibly my favorite title of the year and I look forward to the major DLC coming in the Spring.
  22. Oct 11, 2012
    Replaying through this game is a must. Even within the first level I noticed pathways/things that I completely missed the first time through. So great to see what happens when a company puts so much emphasis on a single player game nowadays. Instead of making a sub-par co-op mode or something they have made the most fun single player experience I have played this year....easily.
  23. Oct 12, 2012
    If you were looking for game that rewards you with creativity and choice, than look no further. Dishonored truly feels like the first game to allow players to do a mission their own way. Your style is your own, there is no wrong or right way to play this game. In the end it's all up to you.
  24. Oct 11, 2012
    One of the most creative, original and engaging games that I have played in a very long time. I love having the power to choose what path I take and how to handle the various enemies along the way. You should definitely go buy this game immediately if you are a fan of stealth games (or just good video games in general). Easily the best game I have played this year.
  25. Oct 17, 2012
    Depends on the gameplay style, Dishonored shows its real values. If run & gun COD style then probably you would complete the game within 8hrs or less and feel some disappointment about its length. But Dishonored is not to be played like that - this title shows its superb qualities with a slower, stealthy walkthrough, while forcing you to plan every step in advance and offering manyDepends on the gameplay style, Dishonored shows its real values. If run & gun COD style then probably you would complete the game within 8hrs or less and feel some disappointment about its length. But Dishonored is not to be played like that - this title shows its superb qualities with a slower, stealthy walkthrough, while forcing you to plan every step in advance and offering many benefits coming from exploration - above all, you collect the runes & amulets which are a key issue to gain/improve your special assassin skills, furthermore you can find money and many valuable items, which can be spent for equipment/weaponry upgrades afterwards. The stealth gamplay itself is exciting, challenging and can be fulfilled with thrilling encounters with your foes - here there are many ways to get rid of your enemies, with creative kills and bodies disposal afterwards. Obviously you can go into open fights, but to act like a "ghost", kill or knock senseless each foe step by step and remove/dispose their bodies afterwards is much more fun and challenging. Ive clocked more than 10hrs in the game and currently Im in the 4th mission; For sure one of the best games of 2012 Expand
  26. Oct 13, 2012
    Very rarely does a game come along that really and truly works on every level. Dishonored is that game this year. Its an amazingly unique game that is also familiar, its part Thief part Bioshock part Deus Ex with little dashes of Fable and Fallout thrown in for good measure. This game excels on every promise it made, I have bounced back and forth between total stealth and all out madman inVery rarely does a game come along that really and truly works on every level. Dishonored is that game this year. Its an amazingly unique game that is also familiar, its part Thief part Bioshock part Deus Ex with little dashes of Fable and Fallout thrown in for good measure. This game excels on every promise it made, I have bounced back and forth between total stealth and all out madman in the same level, and had a blast each time. It makes me really excited to go back and go for the total stealth and no kill playthrough. In fact this game really encourages multiple playthoughs, and for a fun and enjoyable reason. Some games just let you play again with all your items (Batman), or on a new difficulty (Shadows of the Damned), or to get all the collectibles (Alan Wake), but Dishonored one does none of that. The whole purpose of playing again, is because it will be a drastically different game if you switch up your style. Going through as a stealthy assassin and killing who get in your way, provides a different ending, a different world, and different attitudes in the enemies. Playing through as a ghost and killing no one, opens up different paths, results in less guards later, and a different ending. On my first play through, I hacked and slashed and shot and conjured up magic to defeat everyone. As I got near the end of the game, the enemies had wisened up a bit. I could no longer trick them into going through a rewired Wall of Light (an electrified wall that only the enemies can pass through, unless you hack it). I had to come up with a new approach. When getting in a big fight with multiple enemies I would Blink (a feature that allows you to teleport) up on top of stuff to hide. After pulling that off and attacking from above too many times, they started looking for me up top in the later levels. So I again had to think on my feet to make sure I wouldn't get killed. These happen in just one playthrough, and result in levels that drastically change while in them. The total stealth playthrough is going to feel so amazingly different. I have already done parts of levels in total stealth, and it is truly exciting fearing that you will be seen, or an unconscious body will be found, or you will knock a bottle over and alert them. It is truly amazing and wonderful. The last games to fill me with this much excitement were Fallout 3 and Bioshock, and just like in those games, there are moments of amazing beauty hidden in this dark and ugly world.

Should you buy this game? Absolutely. But just like like this game, that choice is up to you. Make the right choice.

Visit our site: www.ChurchOfAtom.com for more gaming and movie reviews to come. As well as our articles about Urban Exploring and our podcast.
  27. Oct 9, 2012
    Absolutely amazing game; the best in years. Signed up to Metacritic just to say that.
  28. Oct 9, 2012
    WOW, all I have to say is that I've never played a game that feels so unique and right at the same time. They perfected it to the point where they want you to feel exactly like they intended it to be; putting you in a situation where anything is nearly possible and you get to do it your own way. The environments in this game could be the greatest thing I've ever seen in gaming. I'm notWOW, all I have to say is that I've never played a game that feels so unique and right at the same time. They perfected it to the point where they want you to feel exactly like they intended it to be; putting you in a situation where anything is nearly possible and you get to do it your own way. The environments in this game could be the greatest thing I've ever seen in gaming. I'm not talking about textures and graphics, but pure detail, to the point where a suit a man is wearing or a room looks like it belongs in a painting. I fell in love with this game 15 minutes after I played it, and that I can't say for many other games I've played. I want to congratulate Arkane Studios for developing such a badass **** game!!! Expand
  29. Oct 10, 2012
    This is the game we all wanted an unique game with great art style graphic great AI and the best of all unique gameplay you can play like you want if you want sneaky you can you want action/FPS you can and thats why this game rules and probably win some game of the year award becaouse like CVG said its the best game in this generation.A perfect 10 from me. P.S Sorry for bad english im in a hurry
  30. Oct 11, 2012
    Unbelievably well made. What this game was able to achieve is absolutely incredible. Going in I was expecting to be a stealthy character with some cool powers and some freedom but still fairly restricted. What I got instead was a small amount of tools that allowed me to do anything I wanted. I figured the blink power (teleportation) would be confined to certain areas and have a mapped feelUnbelievably well made. What this game was able to achieve is absolutely incredible. Going in I was expecting to be a stealthy character with some cool powers and some freedom but still fairly restricted. What I got instead was a small amount of tools that allowed me to do anything I wanted. I figured the blink power (teleportation) would be confined to certain areas and have a mapped feel to it; I was however, wrong. You want to get up that building? *blink*, *blink*, *blink*, your there. Doing what you want to do in a game has never been this easy in my experience. This was exemplified by the characters jumping. You direct your character to scale a wall, he scales a wall; you direct him to jump then grab something and pull himself up, he does exactly that. These aren't scripted sequences either, you actually find yourself running at something, pressing jump and tapping the climb button right as you are approaching the ledge. The combination of jumping and blinking made the generously large open-hubs so much fun to explore. It became a game of what are the limits, and let me tell you, there are very little.
    The story is an incredibly compelling one and the characters draw you in. An important point is that the individual interactions aren't all that memorable but the way they all connect is. The level of cohesiveness in this game is astounding. Everything feels like it is interlaced and while the individual interactions don't feel like a whole lot, they contribute to the bigger picture. The bigger picture is what I'm talking about when I say the story is compelling and it is what will keep you wanting more and wanting to see what happens next.
    Your character, Corvo, is incredibly well equipped to take on the world with a few weapons and upgrades for them as well as some special weapons. I didn't feel the need to use half of the weapons which was inherent of my gameplay style but the fact that I had options is appreciated.
    While I'd rank other features of the game over this as being a high point the art direction is a pillar that this game really stands on. The oil painting art style mixed with the steam-punk era feel works so well to convey the feeling of tragedy, amazement and beauty all throughout. Although I have only had one play through I will certainly be having more in the near future. The experience as a whole combined with the notion that my second time through could be entirely different than the first is beyond tempting. Bravo to Arkane for such a well made game that offers an amazing concept and a cohesive world.

1. Nov 14, 2012
    Precise and elegant systemic design engenders an absurd degree of player agency, but is marred somewhat by a sloppy, unconvincing narrative and soulless characters. [Dec 2012]
  2. Oct 31, 2012
    What is there is so compelling that the lack of additional stages can't help but feel like a disappointment. The game's strengths are a double-edged sword. Regardless, this is still one of the best games of this year. With a bit of work, a potential sequel could be one of the best games of any year.
  3. Dishonored is never able complete that transformation from a game into a totally new and exciting world to inhabit. To be sure, our mostly positive rating reflects that this game is well-structured with all the pieces you'd expect and story flexibility will offer up a unique adventure for every player. It's a promising and mostly enjoyable start to what will perhaps be an ongoing series, but it lacks the emotional punch that could make it great.