7.0

1. Sep 3, 2013
    I give this game a 9/10 cause the devs did what needed to be done, re-made the game with making sure if it ain't broken, why fix it!?

Beautiful graphics, amazing sound. Excellent music and gameplay works the same way like before, although they did made some changes, like jump and certain things.

Love this game and now I want is World of Illusion, its sequel.
  2. Sep 5, 2013
    I have very fond memories of the original and this is a very faith re-imagining. Each scene feels familiar yet the graphics, sound, story, control, etc, all come together to bring the game to life in a way not possible before. I definitely recommend this game to any fan of the original and for those who missed it. Anyone who enjoys the adventure plat-former genre should get there moneys worth out of this game. Expand
  3. Sep 8, 2013
    Very nice game for all the family. My 7 years old kid loved the demo so I bought the full version and since then he didn't stop playing. I enjoy watching the beautiful graphics and helping him pass the challenging parts.
  4. Sep 27, 2013
    while i never played the original, this game is a very fun well made platformer. the controls feel a bit off at first, you'll get used to it. the graphics are beautiful, and you travel through different areas to get seven different gems. the voices are good, as well as the boss fights.
  5. Dec 19, 2013
    I remember fond memories of Castle of Illusion as well as other Mickey Mouse and Disney games on the Sega Genesis and this remake of the 1990 smash hit game is a dream come true and it lived up to the hype as well as Duck tales remastered another childhood classic. Castle of illusion does everything right from the level narration, to the beautiful soundtrack and it also includes the original soundtrack and to top it off it plays perfectly and looks stunning but as it is Disney you cannot expect anything less. Expand

1. Oct 23, 2013
    With such base-level functional inadequacies, this retro rehash comes labelled predictably with a 'for fans only' tag. [Issue#140, p.117]
  2. Oct 16, 2013
    One of the best platformers published this year, beautiful and varied, but it’s a shame that it ends after just two hours. [11/2013, p.70]
  3. As much fun as you'd expect from vermin. [Nov 2013, p.96]