7.0

1. Sep 4, 2013
    This is a good game but not great as Disney Infinity. This game's worth a try. I have endured a new experience playing this game. The graphics are good. I love the scenery around.
  2. Sep 3, 2013
    I give this game a 9/10 cause the devs did what needed to be done, re-made the game with making sure if it ain't broken, why fix it!?

Beautiful graphics, amazing sound. Excellent music and gameplay works the same way like before, although they did made some changes, like jump and certain things.

Love this game and now I want is World of Illusion, its sequel.
  3. Sep 5, 2013
    I have very fond memories of the original and this is a very faith re-imagining. Each scene feels familiar yet the graphics, sound, story, control, etc, all come together to bring the game to life in a way not possible before. I definitely recommend this game to any fan of the original and for those who missed it. Anyone who enjoys the adventure plat-former genre should get there moneysI have very fond memories of the original and this is a very faith re-imagining. Each scene feels familiar yet the graphics, sound, story, control, etc, all come together to bring the game to life in a way not possible before. I definitely recommend this game to any fan of the original and for those who missed it. Anyone who enjoys the adventure plat-former genre should get there moneys worth out of this game. Expand
  4. Sep 8, 2013
    Very nice game for all the family. My 7 years old kid loved the demo so I bought the full version and since then he didn't stop playing. I enjoy watching the beautiful graphics and helping him pass the challenging parts.
  5. Sep 7, 2013
    The original Castle of Illusion is a wonderful game (on both Master System and Megadrive), and when I heard that Sega were publishing a remake, I honestly wondered what it was going to be like. Perhaps, like Flashback as well of recent, these aren't remakes, but more realisations, and ultimately attempted transformations of a classic, and in a way trying to make it appeal to a modernThe original Castle of Illusion is a wonderful game (on both Master System and Megadrive), and when I heard that Sega were publishing a remake, I honestly wondered what it was going to be like. Perhaps, like Flashback as well of recent, these aren't remakes, but more realisations, and ultimately attempted transformations of a classic, and in a way trying to make it appeal to a modern audience?

Ultimately they both fail, as the originals are still classics, and if you really want to sample them, go to the originals!! But still, I have to say that I felt spoilt with this latest update.

The graphics and sounds are wonderful. To me, it not only evoked the care and attention to detail that belongs perhaps to the DIsney universe, but more to the fact that I was reminded of the other Mickey Mouse games on Megadrive, Fantasia and World of Illusion!! The graphics are gorgeous beyond belief, almost hand drawn and animated it seems, and the music and sound effects compliment them it all melts together, and I couldn't help to be pulled-in.

The gameplay is where the game falls-down a little. The game is far too short, and any challenge to be found is in the initially cumbersome control method, which does need tweaking. But if the game can be a mite unfair, and if it is over too fast, then its a quality ride for sure, and one that has been treated with a lot of due care and attention, and the platforming action (and challenges!!) will keep you coming back in the short-term.

No, its not the ultimate edition of a long-loved classic, but its a quality, passionate tribute. I would recommend playing the demo and having a go of it, and see what you think.

My last word is for Sega: If you really wanted a Mickey Mouse game to update, could you update Fantasia? It wasn't the best game ever (even though it looked pretty), and with today's standards (exercised in this game for example), it could truly shine.
  6. Jun 25, 2014
    Cute game if you have kids. They will love it. Nice graphics simplistic gameplay. Is it worth the 15 Euros? NOPE. But on sale its great. I got it for 7 euros and it was a great deal. If your kid is in love with mickey mouse as is mine its totally worth the 7 Euros.15Euros on the other hand hmm I dont know. If you want it wait for it to go on sale on xboxlive. Sega games often have specialCute game if you have kids. They will love it. Nice graphics simplistic gameplay. Is it worth the 15 Euros? NOPE. But on sale its great. I got it for 7 euros and it was a great deal. If your kid is in love with mickey mouse as is mine its totally worth the 7 Euros.15Euros on the other hand hmm I dont know. If you want it wait for it to go on sale on xboxlive. Sega games often have special sales. If you are an adult who wants a platform experience AVOID this game and buy a Rayman game , a Sonic game or a Mario game if you own a Nintendo concole. This game is strictly for kids Expand
  7. Sep 27, 2013
    while i never played the original, this game is a very fun well made platformer. the controls feel a bit off at first, you'll get used to it. the graphics are beautiful, and you travel through different areas to get seven different gems. the voices are good, as well as the boss fights.
  8. Dec 19, 2013
    I remember fond memories of Castle of Illusion as well as other Mickey Mouse and Disney games on the Sega Genesis and this remake of the 1990 smash hit game is a dream come true and it lived up to the hype as well as Duck tales remastered another childhood classic. Castle of illusion does everything right from the level narration, to the beautiful soundtrack and it also includes theI remember fond memories of Castle of Illusion as well as other Mickey Mouse and Disney games on the Sega Genesis and this remake of the 1990 smash hit game is a dream come true and it lived up to the hype as well as Duck tales remastered another childhood classic. Castle of illusion does everything right from the level narration, to the beautiful soundtrack and it also includes the original soundtrack and to top it off it plays perfectly and looks stunning but as it is Disney you cannot expect anything less. Expand

1. Oct 23, 2013
    With such base-level functional inadequacies, this retro rehash comes labelled predictably with a 'for fans only' tag. [Issue#140, p.117]
  2. Oct 16, 2013
    One of the best platformers published this year, beautiful and varied, but it’s a shame that it ends after just two hours. [11/2013, p.70]
  3. As much fun as you'd expect from vermin. [Nov 2013, p.96]