5.0

1. Nov 19, 2012
    Wow....where to start...I was really looking forward to playing this game. I'm a Disney fan and I love playing in games that capture the essence of those worlds like Kingdom Hearts did. This game looked promising from Warren Specture's love for Disney and the trailers, but wow...I'm extremely disappointed to say that this game is beyond broken. FIrst of all the when I started off the game,Wow....where to start...I was really looking forward to playing this game. I'm a Disney fan and I love playing in games that capture the essence of those worlds like Kingdom Hearts did. This game looked promising from Warren Specture's love for Disney and the trailers, but wow...I'm extremely disappointed to say that this game is beyond broken. FIrst of all the when I started off the game, and played the game for about 3 mins I realized that the game was broken because of the camera being ridiculously low and way too zoomed out which makes platforming near impossible and creates this detached feeling when playing the game...the camera is so zoomed out that you don't even feel like you are playing the game and more like your watching someone else play the game...yeah its a very wierd feeling. So I was like alright this game is already 6, but maybe its still playable, from there I attempted to do some platforming which yeah...didn't go too well. I realized then that the game would be a 5 at best since the camera made the game broken....Well being a Disney fan, I pressed on...only to be surprised that the game could get horrificly worse. The next thing the game threw at me was a couple puzzles. There was no clear instruction of what to do and when it does give you a hint, you are so caught up in trying to adjust your camera in a decent angle you weren't paying attention to what it was saying...but don't worry, your ai companion talks in an endless loop, so you'll eventually hear him talking....except again his instructions aren't clear...so you'll still be clueless on what to do. Next, the combat is atrocious. The enemy and your partner, Oswalds AI is horrible and broken. The thing that makes this so disheartening is that the world actually looks awesome to explore and if it weren't for these simple but important design decisions, I could see this game being a blast to play. The voice acting is great too. Perhaps they'll release a patch to fix those issues...I really never thought I would play and rate a game 1 out of 10 this generation that had these high production values. This game was so incredibly frustrating I only could play about 45 minutes before I really couldn't take it anymore and I was really trying to push through it. Its just really a shock considering how much love was put into capturing the essence of Mickey Mouse and his world, but how these simple, important game elements could be so broken...its very mind boggling. Anyways, I wouldn't recommend anyone buying this game unless you want to be really pissed off ;) Collapse
  2. Nov 30, 2012
    Not much to say other than I played for about 30 minutes before quitting because I was so mind numbingly bored with it. Just nothing interesting or engaging to get me to keep playing. Save your time and money on this one.
  3. Nov 19, 2012
    This game was a great waste of money. My advice to you is just not to get it. The graphics were terrible, the game play left me wanting much more, and it gives a bad name to anything affiliated with Micky Mouse.At times dull game mechanics made the game almost to easy and there were more bugs than enemy's.
  4. Mar 19, 2013
    PROS: Revisit the characters you love; beautiful design; good voice work; game designed for Co-Op.
    CONS: Game designed for Co-Op; irritating AI; irritating camera; too many collectibles, BOTTOM LINE: I wanted to love this game I really enjoyed EM1 but combining Oswald's horrible AI with the doom of an uncooperative camera meant I couldn't finish single-player.
  5. Nov 19, 2012

1. Jan 17, 2013
    Epic Mickey 2: The Power of two is a real mixed bag. While some of the original's problems have been addressed many of the issues still remain making for a somewhat frustrating experience. The look and feel is back, as are the great characters and locations with some great new content thrown in. Unfortunately however for every step forward Epic Mickey 2 takes, it also takes a step back with issues both new and old. Add to this a flawed co-op AI system and you end up with a competent sequel if not a great one.
    Sequel blazes with colors but any significant advancements since the previous game are hardly noticeable. [Christmas 2012]
  3. Dec 17, 2012
    Other than for the great charisma of Disney's characters and a very good soundtrack, Epic Mickey 2 doesn't shine any more: some inscrutable puzzles and a very bad friend AI management make it a frustrating experience, unsuited both to young and grown up players.