7.8

1. Oct 25, 2010
    it is better in every way from the first game, the one bone i have to pick is the tracklist us much more mainstream than the first, personally this is a downer for me, and the fact they dont feature as many real djs like in the last game. but still its awesome!
  2. Oct 20, 2010
    This game is leaps and bounds better than the first DJ Hero. I loved the first DJ hero because it was a breath of fresh air in the music genre, and DJH2 does not fail to disappoint. With the new added features of the freestyle scratches, cross-fading sections, it adds to the familiar solid gameplay that was so solid in the first one. Are there areas of improvement? Yes. The empire mode could have better, the experience could feel more like you are an actual DJ playing in new areas. It still feels like all they did was change the club, the experience of being a DJ feels lost. Another thing I that was lost from the first was the use of older rock songs. In DJH2 it mainly consists of rap and pop songs, which is not a bad thing I wish they would have had more rock songs mixed with pop songs. All in all this game is what the music genre needs. After DJ Hero 1 came out and shocked everyone by how fresh the gameplay was, DJ Hero 2 did not fail to live up to expectations, and far surpassed my expectations, and I cannot wait till the next one so it can improve on the few short comings that DJ Hero 2 has. Expand
  3. Oct 20, 2010
    I totally agree with what Moss4life says. DJ Hero 2 is great, but the only thing it's missing is the classic oldskool hits from the original. I think the boss battles and megamixes added are incrediable and the graphics have a bit more shine to them than the original. Don't think I'm ever going to touch the "sing-a-long" microphone option though so Freestyle feel free to drop it off of DJ hero 3. If you have the original def by this now (Best song. 1st Megamix with Informer vs ABC) please please dont ever make the sequel 3D either!! Expand
  4. Nov 17, 2010
    This game is simply amazing. I do think the actual graphics menu and stuff was not really as artistic has the Dj Hero 1 one, but that's a minor detail. The music on this game is simply amazing for most of the tracks, I love the minor story add they did and I love some of the new versus modes they came up with. I'm so glad i pre-ordered this game and i love playing it.

1. Jan 20, 2011
    Acing a mix is as satisfying and enjoyable as ever. [Issue#102, p.98]
    DJ Hero 2 is the best rhythm game I've played in a long, long time. The soundtrack is boss, and the new freestyle sections are an awesome addition. Rather than just hitting buttons in time with the music, DJ Hero 2 actually makes you feel as if you have a degree of control of what comes out of the speakers. I'd much rather play with plastic turntables than plastic guitars at this point.
  3. Jan 12, 2011
    The people at Freestyle Games definetly gave a new spin to the DJ Hero gameplay. The Freestyle sections are very cool and the new option to sing or rap is great if you don't want to spin the records. A guaranteed party hit!