5.0

1. Jan 20, 2013
    This is a horrible game. Here is a link why people dont like this game. A game is not made for old gamers this is like capcom is destroying there games. Use youtube and watch this vid watch?v=o4NaBrFkiDo this will show you why this game sucks in so many ways.
  2. Jan 16, 2013
    Well, just spent about two days playing this game, and I'm done. If this didn't have the name of a famous franchise no one would care, it'd be forgotten in weeks. The story feels like it was written by a teenager, the dialogue literally devolves into a comparison of penis size at one point. Beyond the story, the game play is extremely sub par. The game doesn't run at a consistent frameWell, just spent about two days playing this game, and I'm done. If this didn't have the name of a famous franchise no one would care, it'd be forgotten in weeks. The story feels like it was written by a teenager, the dialogue literally devolves into a comparison of penis size at one point. Beyond the story, the game play is extremely sub par. The game doesn't run at a consistent frame rate, which felt slow to begin with. Seems really off putting in a game that should have a focus on combat. Probably the most insulting part is the difficulty. Actually calling it difficulty is laughable. This game goes above and beyond the call of duty when it comes to being the most casual, easy, boring, button-mashing trash ever. The "hard" difficulty "Nephilim" is easier than the easiest difficulty in DMC3. It's easier than easy mode in **** God of War 3. "Son of Sparda" it advertises as something that will require skill! It doesn't require anything except the ability to recognize when one of the monsters is doing their extremely telegraphed (so telegraphed in fact that they LIGHT UP IN BRIGHT NEON LIGHTS when they are about to do it) attacks. Expect about 5 seconds to react to most enemies. Not even kidding, time it. One of the challenges I won by doing 2 attacks for 30 seconds. One, I would hold O to uppercut, and two, I would press O again to do a downward slash and then I repeated that until everything in the room was dead. It's not like that's even an isolated incident. Some moves provide so much invincibility that there's no reason to stop spamming, ever.

Long story short, I am beyond disappointed. I can't believe I ignored everything I heard about this game and gave it the benefit of the doubt. I thought good game play would make up for any other shortcomings it had and it never delivers. Don't waste you money on this. Rent it if you must sate your curiosity.
  3. Jan 16, 2013
    This game was a average game on whole. But from the DmC series we expected more. The plot came off as juvenile, the ending was laughably bad, the combat was fun but shallow compared to DmC 4, and it is also a much more easier game compared to the others. This game put more into advertising then actually game-play development and story. Sad to see a series like this come up with such a bad game.
  4. Jan 19, 2013
    This is a downgrade from the original series, very slow paced, removing the lock on bottom removed the ability to do more combos and there for removing the reason for the style meter which is broken, does not go down if you do not receive damage. Really neutral character design but worst dialog ever, just for that is under 5 out of 10, this is more insults than anything else, not funny atThis is a downgrade from the original series, very slow paced, removing the lock on bottom removed the ability to do more combos and there for removing the reason for the style meter which is broken, does not go down if you do not receive damage. Really neutral character design but worst dialog ever, just for that is under 5 out of 10, this is more insults than anything else, not funny at all and not cool. Lack of enemies on the screen, does not feel like is hard. Expand
  5. Jan 21, 2013
    How can anyone rate this game highly when it's gone backwards from previous DMC games? This reboot has failed to surpass previous DMC games and in it's attempts to be modern, it's ruined the DMC name.
    How can anyone enjoy a game with such sickening language at every turn and a truely awful storyline. The combat itself is slow and broken at times, thanks to the poor decision to use Unreal Engine instead of capcom's previously used MS framework - A poor decision by Ninja Theory. In short, this game will disappoint most original fans and will repulse new comers. Avoid this game like the plague.
  6. Jan 20, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The story behind this game's development shows that we are facing something more important than a game. There are also things like ethics, good taste, education and professionality involved: none of them were used.
    For those familiar with the previous Devil May Cry games, this is a step back: a million-steps back.

-Gameplay- You have to face a completely redisegned layout, wich is both confusional and unpractical. There is no lock-on button. 2 buttons were wasted for the dodging. Some enemies may be attacked only by certain weapons. The styles of DMC 3 and 4 are gone (expecially gone is the "Royal Guard" moveset). The fights are too much and unfunny, giving the stages a sense of "being dragged too long". Most of the enemies doesn't have an aerial parry/dodge/block: so, at soon as you launch them in the air, they became completely helpless. No challange. -Boss fights- There are only 6 in the whole game, against the 13 of DMC1, the 14 of DMC3 and the 15 of DMC 4. All the bosses stand still with zero mobility. They usually remain dizzy for a long time after a few hits. Not challanging. They also talk for the entire fight: most of what they say is annoying or plain unintresting.

-Enemy design-
    The enemy design is unispired. Most of the "demons" just seem like robots came out of Enslaved (previous NT game). They use to be helpless as soon as launched mid-air. Every single one use to charge before hitting, giving plenty of time for the player countermove and erasing every difficulty or sense of danger. The Bosses are particularly ugly, resembling alien-monsters instead of majestic creatures as seen in previous DMC games.

-Graphics-
    Some landscapes are nicely done. Most of them are too much saturated and became annoying to the eye. The stages are most of the time messed up and they lack details. Indoor the rooms are always empty and there aren't intresting architecture in the game. The characters modelling is mediocre, with a special note for Mundus (particularly bad) and Lilith (her model is @ PS2 levels).

-Sound-
    The guns and swords sounds are weak and they make you feel like you are powerless. The soundtrack is decent but the lack of a recurring "fight theme" isn't good. -Story-
    The story is basically an emotionless and epicless version of DMC 3 mixed with the Mundus fight (DMC1). After completing the game one cannot ask himself what this reboot was needed for: the same story were told, and much better, in DMC 1 and DMC 3.
    The story is full of plotholes. -Characters-
    Dante: he is simply annoying. he's the less likeable characters of all, constantly calling the demons "pieces of **** "****-eaters", "fat-asses" and so on. The worste of him is during the Boss fight: before the battle is over you just want to mute the tv or throw the pad. Mundus: plain horrible. The former Mundus (DMC1) was basically a divinity, he was proud and noble, he did not swear and he considered the humans "useless beings". The new Mundus is some kind of wierdo wich likes to have sex with one of the ugliest woman in the universe (Lilith) and constantly talking about ripping out someone's heart. His motives are now inconsistent, considering the Sparda is just "guilty" of falling in love with an angel.

Lilith: horrible, rude, nasty, ugly. She is everything a character (good or evil) should NOT be. Kat: a decent character, she is basically the counterpart of Lady, but without badassery. Vergil: total disappointment. He is incredibly weak. He escapes with no reasons and is no more a cold, noble, character. He is not as bad as Dante, but as soon as you start thinking "oh well, at least he is classy" he throws a "i have a bigger dick" joke. The order: they basically don't exist. You see the base, 3 guys in the background and that's it. -The city as a danger-
    The city "wich want to kill you" is just a bunch of pre-scripted sequences. You can basically sit down while the walls are closing to crash you: they will simply stop. When you fall, you simply reappear back: no damage, no fights, no nothing. -Platforming-
    Basically you have to pull some platforms and jump on it. In some of the stages it is too much and became annoying. You get bored of it pretty soon.

-Dialogues-
    The lowest dialogues in gaming history. lot of unneeded swearing. enemyes taling about pucking on your face, pissing in your neck and ****ting on your carcass. Annoying, rude, horrible. Anyone should feel offended to be trated like this. All in all, this game rapresents the worst of the actual society. It is a poor manifestation of a japanese producer trying too hard to be western.
    It is the product of a desrespectful team (NT) wich trolled the entire fanbase (even during some scenes of the game).
    This is the destruction of quality .
    The triumph of desrespect.
    I bought the game faithfully and i regret it. Not worth 60 $: if you have taste and dignity, is not worth 1 cent.
  7. Jan 22, 2013
    Previous DMC with Dante where **** awsome and there it goes ninja theory with this **** ... I mean there is nothing new or special about this game. Stupid history, new boring Dante and the worst part is the gameplay, ITS JUST PATHETIC COMPARING WITH BAYONETA OR EVEN OLDER DMC.

VERY BAD NINJA THEORY, VERY BAD
  8. Jan 23, 2013
    This game made me die a little inside. Not all of it is bad tough; the soundtrack isn't bad, but not good either, the graphics are good at least, even if the colours look strange, and combat is enjoyable and easy (too easy even, at least for the more experienced gamers). Then comes the bad, which is everything else. I'm a huge fan of the real DMC games, and even I have to admit the storyThis game made me die a little inside. Not all of it is bad tough; the soundtrack isn't bad, but not good either, the graphics are good at least, even if the colours look strange, and combat is enjoyable and easy (too easy even, at least for the more experienced gamers). Then comes the bad, which is everything else. I'm a huge fan of the real DMC games, and even I have to admit the story is not their strong point; compared to this, however, they're masterpieces. The plot is stupid, over the top, dumbed down garbage that wouldn't convince a 5 year old. Also, it is a rare game which makes me want to kill the protagonist more than the villains. The real Dante may have been **** and a bit of a jock, but he was genuinely cool and likable, unlike this guy, known henceforth as Johnny McFailville. Maybe it would be rated higher if it wasn't pretending to be DMC, but as it is, it's not worth the money or the effort to complete the game. This is not DMC, and it's a bad game, no matter what every sold out game critic says; mr. Johnny McFailville fails to convince (and even the real Vergil would have a hard time coming out looking good after shooting a pregnant woman). I bought every DMC when it came out, tried this yesterday at a friend's place; wouldn't buy this piece of crap if it was 5 bucks in the bargain bin. Expand
  9. Jan 23, 2013
    As much as I wanted to hate this game with a firey passion for the Edward Cullenization of Dante...I just cant. This game is nigh unplayable don't get me wrong. The characters are far from likable, so much so that if, at any part of the game, Dante had decided to kick a puppy, I doubt I would've been surprised. The dialogue sounds like it was written by a 13 year old boy who just learnedAs much as I wanted to hate this game with a firey passion for the Edward Cullenization of Dante...I just cant. This game is nigh unplayable don't get me wrong. The characters are far from likable, so much so that if, at any part of the game, Dante had decided to kick a puppy, I doubt I would've been surprised. The dialogue sounds like it was written by a 13 year old boy who just learned to swear from his abusive step-father. Basically they took a fun camp game we all love and "modernized" it. The gameplay is it's saving grace. Its tight, fast and a lot of fun, much like the old games. Although the lack of a lockon or targeting system, make parts of this game a nightmare. And thats to say nothing of the level and boss fights which are amazing! However the fact still remains that there are several middle fingers to the fans sprinkled about the game. All in all this game pushes me WAY to far and practically begs me to put it down. If I can't stand the main character, why would I want to play his game? The Problem is not that they changed Dante, It's what they changed him too. Expand
  10. Jan 22, 2013
    Ok, before you accuse me of hating this game just because of Dante's hair, there are a LOT more reasons as to why this game is an awful Devil May Cry game. Follow the link to see for yourself: http://pastebin.com/y3PKiumh
  11. Feb 6, 2013
    The character development is terrible as a standalone game, let alone when compared to the other games. The combat is just bad for a DMC game, all the styles and combat options are brought under two buttons, angel attack and demon attack. There is absolutely nothing left of the DMC3 and 4 combat engine or gameplay.

If more than 4-5 enemies appear on the screen the game gets very

If more than 4-5 enemies appear on the screen the game gets very noticeable framedrop.

Would get a 5/10 if it was just another hack&slash. But when compared to the DMC franchise it's a 0/10.
  12. Jan 23, 2013
    honestly just dont like the feel of the combat. just a personal preference. i dont like the changes to the character but im not crazy angry about it. i skipped devil may cry 4 for similar reasons i didnt like the new character introduced and heard it was a very short game. im not acting like a crazy fan boy of bashing the game just dislike the new direction of less over the top goofy andhonestly just dont like the feel of the combat. just a personal preference. i dont like the changes to the character but im not crazy angry about it. i skipped devil may cry 4 for similar reasons i didnt like the new character introduced and heard it was a very short game. im not acting like a crazy fan boy of bashing the game just dislike the new direction of less over the top goofy and fun, that the reboot is following. like i said i didnt like four and only rented it to try it out. voted with my dollar wich obviously didnt work. so i figured id write one of these reviews to try to do something different. i dont care if anyone reads this and if u do i dont think ive said anything to try to change anyones mind and im not trying to. i just feel sad for losing a series that was one of my favorites. im sure everyone has had that happen before and can understand where im comeing from. also i dont think this will work. its just something from a long time fan who feels like hes lost one of the series that got him back into games back on the ps2. lol end of review Expand
  13. Jan 30, 2013
    Terrible, just terrible. His one-liners are so idiotic and it makes you feel that he tries to hard. There's too much swearing to actually add to the non-existent humour and as for the characters, oh boy. Vergil is a douche bag that talks too high and mighty for himself, i understand that Vergil is very smart and all but the way they portray him, first of all he's ugly second of all get aTerrible, just terrible. His one-liners are so idiotic and it makes you feel that he tries to hard. There's too much swearing to actually add to the non-existent humour and as for the characters, oh boy. Vergil is a douche bag that talks too high and mighty for himself, i understand that Vergil is very smart and all but the way they portray him, first of all he's ugly second of all get a better voice actor, not some dude that sounds like he's trying too hard to sound smart. Dante is just horrible throughout the whole game that it's not even funny. For a demon king Mundus is very human like and just has a not right feel to it. Who the **** is Kat? And all in all, Dmc is terrible, it has nice graphics and a killer soundtrack but it's terrible. Devil May Cry 3 was the best Devil may cry game ever created, bring it back. That is all. Expand
  14. Feb 7, 2013
    Everything is this game makes ZERO sense and it has a bad story bad character development to easy gameplay wich makes the game even more boring you have to use red weapons to kill red enemies blue weapons to kill blue enemies and they putted some elements of the other Devil May Cry's without a logic it's a complete and big mess this game is a reboot a very bad one and withoutEverything is this game makes ZERO sense and it has a bad story bad character development to easy gameplay wich makes the game even more boring you have to use red weapons to kill red enemies blue weapons to kill blue enemies and they putted some elements of the other Devil May Cry's without a logic it's a complete and big mess this game is a reboot a very bad one and without logical explanations just EVERYTHING in this game is horrible and if you liked the previous Devil May Cry's games you will rather die than play this junk. Expand
  15. Jan 30, 2013
    Good Game.....TERRIBLE Devil May Cry, there's not more fun Dante is complete destroy, Vergil is a gay-worry mankind no more a **** villain who only cares are more power! Vergil is no more, Sparda and Eva don't taste like before....only Kat is a safe character....
  16. Feb 1, 2013
    I do not recommend this game for the old fans, as it does not meet the standarts that the old DMC games has offered(excluding DMC2), I am an old fan for this particular franchise myself, I have to say, I do not care about the new Dante or the old one, it is just a skin, it is not something that would make or break the game, the bad thing about this game is its gameplay, well considering itI do not recommend this game for the old fans, as it does not meet the standarts that the old DMC games has offered(excluding DMC2), I am an old fan for this particular franchise myself, I have to say, I do not care about the new Dante or the old one, it is just a skin, it is not something that would make or break the game, the bad thing about this game is its gameplay, well considering it is a DMC game of course, Firstly the jump cancel became useless since even if you jump cancel, you cannot land the majority of Dante's moves while JC-ing, not only that but the lock on system is also not implemented in this game, you would probably think that this is no big matter, but it actually is, it can add many combo possibilities as well. Another negative aspect is the writing, its got degraded so bad that it cannot get any worse and while I'm at it the voice acting is on the same level of the writing, while the bosses had a very little impact on me, nothing would be engraved on my memory unlike the other DMCs. If only this game had a different title then the old fans and the new ones would be satisfied and all of this wouldn't have happened. Expand
  17. Feb 2, 2013
    Hmmm where to actually start with this steaming pile of a game....Ok lets start at the most noticed, first off...wtf have you done to dante? i mean REALLY!? you completely destroy what was loved about dmc...the characters...i mean why make a game with the same name if your going to well just get rid of the main character that was in the rest of them....i hope your company falls for this,Hmmm where to actually start with this steaming pile of a game....Ok lets start at the most noticed, first off...wtf have you done to dante? i mean REALLY!? you completely destroy what was loved about dmc...the characters...i mean why make a game with the same name if your going to well just get rid of the main character that was in the rest of them....i hope your company falls for this, 2ndly, lol cant even get off the topic of the first, i mean wtf? you expect a more "mature" audience for this game? how so? just because hes non stop swearing? the guy talks more then any other character in any game ive ever played, it wasnt even humorous...it was just plain pathetic, this game is just pathetic, the creators of this game are pathetic and this game needs to be taken off every shelf in any store that sells it and thrown in the trash. If your going to make another dmc, lets hope its not a complete and utter failure of a game, i played it 1 day....and went out and got my money back for it saying it was "broke" and just got another game of the same value....sad how someone has to lie about a game they used to love playing but now it just makes me cringe at the thought of it, Game play not so bad, the graphics pretty sweet, the main character? lol makes me just hate everything all together, first off the original Dante was half human/ Demon, now we have some joke of a half demon angel?.....wtf? lol and the line of "you can call me dante, the demon killer"........idk but it sounds like someones kid wrote that part into his dialog....just please gtfo and dont make another game. K thx for wasting my time on this Expand
  18. Apr 5, 2013
    From the story that seems to be written by an edgy 12-year-old, to the boring and easy gameplay, this is NOT a true sequel to DMC4, and it not only puts the series to shame, but the gaming industry as a whole.
  19. Feb 8, 2013
    This game has shallow, unbalanced combat. The main focus of the game is the combat and it has not delivered anywhere near the standard of previous Devil May Cry games. The 30fps does affect the smoothness of the action and it feels as if the game is trying to catch up with the players inputs at times.

The story is badly written and acompanied by awful voice acting. The art style/design is an insult to the previous titles and no amount of talking about 'white hair' can cover over the obvious flaws and shallow nature of the combat mechanisms. I also found the cortrol system to be overly clunky and not responsive all of the time. Enemies are badly designed too and are nowhere near the standard of previous titles.

Overall, this game is a complete let down and not worth wasting time and money on.
  20. Feb 19, 2013
    Bad game is bad. This game spits in the face of any fan of the previous games especially the 3 and 4 ones. I cannot imagine what anyone can see in this waste of time and money. The main character was replaced, the gameplay was dumbed down, the store was retconned. Had this game been released under a different name then no one would really be so mad about such a mediocre title. BUT to putBad game is bad. This game spits in the face of any fan of the previous games especially the 3 and 4 ones. I cannot imagine what anyone can see in this waste of time and money. The main character was replaced, the gameplay was dumbed down, the store was retconned. Had this game been released under a different name then no one would really be so mad about such a mediocre title. BUT to put the name Devil May Cry on it and then spit in the faces of those WHO WOULD pick it up BECAUSE OF THE NAME IS A INSULT. And as the new Dante would say: YOU! Expand
  21. Aug 10, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is a bad game.

The story is bad. The characters are unlikable. The protagonist shoots a pregnant woman in the stomach, then kills her, then later mocks the antagonist about it. A minor character makes magical portals with squirrel semen. The game rips off the Slurm Queen from Futurama, except does it entirely seriously. It thinks you are dumb, too. It's not enough that you're fight
  22. Feb 11, 2013
    WARNING: THIS IS A REVIEW FROM SOMEONE THAT HAS NEVER PLAYED A DMC GAME BEFORE.
    WARNING: THIS IS A REVIEW FROM SOMEONE THAT HAS NEVER PLAYED A DMC GAME BEFORE.
    Pretty graphics, but crap gameplay. Basically, the same as every other Ninja Theory game. This game has an identity crisis. It tries to be both Ninja Gaiden and God of War at the same time, yet fails at being as good as either of those games. It tries to be a visceral, gory hack and slash like God of War, but the combat feels far too floaty and unsubstantial experience. It also tries to be Ninja Gaiden with it's end of mission scoring, but this game is just not difficult enough to actually feel any sense of accomplishment from getting a high score. And I know people will mention the mode where Dante dies in one hit, but honestly that's just an artificial inflation of the difficulty, unlike the enemy AI being substantially improved. The platforming sections are too long and are frankly boring. The story, well, it's definitely no God of War in that department. The story seems to have been inspired by teen supernatural dramas, such as Buffy the Vampire Slayer or Angel. I'm not into any of those shows, but if you are, you'd probably enjoy DmC. The game also includes a lot of Leftist propaganda, slamming things such as Fox News and the Republican Party (of which I am a member). Obviously, this was not to my liking. I prefer that politics do not enter my video games. Thank you very much. Clearly, I wouldn't recommend this video game for any one, except hardcore liberals.
  23. Mar 30, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I've had my doubts about DmC: Devil may Cry since it's announcement for obvious reasons. The cover art alone with the new model of Dante is not a pretty sight to see as the face of what was an amazing game series. I tried to look beyond that when I finally picked up this game so I could finally say once again that I have beaten all the DMC games. This however was not a possibility. This game contradicts everything that made DMC great. Why does Dante no longer know his father, why is his mother an angel? why didn't Dante recognise Vergil as his brother? Why does Dante become loving and caring? WHY DANTES REMODEL? I tried to enjoy the game by looking past these issues but it was just not possible. I understand that this game is a "reboot" but it is just not needed. An awful story, awful level design and awful boss battles and strategies. Tie all this with the "Limbo to real life" game settings and it just creates a confusing atmosphere that is difficult to follow and just outright makes zero sense. Even the final battle is just a literal copy and paste combination of the bosses from Devil may Cry (the original) and Devil may Cry 4. I guess this is what happens when a new company takes over a popular gaming franchise as seen with many other games recently. Not to mention to most controversial scene in this game which essentially is a massive F**K YOU to long time DmC fans. Nice move Ninja Theory. Expand
  24. Jul 7, 2013
    What a poor game, it lacks of imagination, you know you did something wrong when a game of 2001 looks a 100 times better, I have to give this game a big 0 because you ruined a character, let's take it this way, you had a god (Dante) and turned it into a fly (new Dante).
  25. Feb 2, 2013
    Ok let´s take a look into the first problem, Dante himself and it´s not only his new look it´s his personality, in the other games he was always cool, funny and a great comic relief character and a badass. In this game the guy lives in a trailer, has casual sex and it´s just an ashoole and tries to be "cool" by swearing and saying you all the time is just a punk and yeah I know thatOk let´s take a look into the first problem, Dante himself and it´s not only his new look it´s his personality, in the other games he was always cool, funny and a great comic relief character and a badass. In this game the guy lives in a trailer, has casual sex and it´s just an ashoole and tries to be "cool" by swearing and saying you all the time is just a punk and yeah I know that there is a freaking DLC featuring a Dante DMC3 costume but the problem is that even with that skin it´s still this punk Dante it doesn´t fix anything.
    The combat is a serious step down from DMC3 and 4, first of there are no styles in the game, secondly the style meter is beyond broken, it only goes down when you get hit but if you reach the SSS rank it stays there with no cooldown, and thirly there is no lock-on and that´s a pain in the ass specially if you want to aim for the flying annoying enemies.
    If you´re looking for a modern encarnation of DMC go play Bayonneta is made by the same director of the original DMC. just avoid this game
  26. Jan 28, 2013
    I'm playing it right now on pc. Will get straight to the point: story could be interesting but the way its done it is just total boredom. Graphics is ok ( im playing on ultra settings ) but nothing to rave about. Levels are not very well designed and get boring really quickly - loads of gray corridors and a lot of copy/paste work. There is way too much platforming. Controls are convolutedI'm playing it right now on pc. Will get straight to the point: story could be interesting but the way its done it is just total boredom. Graphics is ok ( im playing on ultra settings ) but nothing to rave about. Levels are not very well designed and get boring really quickly - loads of gray corridors and a lot of copy/paste work. There is way too much platforming. Controls are convoluted and confusing, and camera somehow always sets itself in bad angle ( almost as bad as dmc2 but still worst then dmc4 which i was playing just before new one came out ). Lack of lock on is more problematic then it seamed from the reviews. Most of the time I'm "fighting" with those issues instead the enemies. Combat gets boring quickly with only about handful of combos, especially when spamming best moves does job quickly ( and if you want rank SSS, you just do different attacks for a moment until you get to SSS and then spam till last enemy fells ). Also when enemies are highlighted in yellow they are invincible and a lot of times they attack when they are in that mode just as you falling after jumping, and if you already used dodge in air once or you didn't even see those enemies on the screen, you F'ed, As for where I'm in the game there is one type which you have too pull, but there is no indication which chain you need to use at particular moment. Overall this game is a step down from Alice: Madness Returns ... Surprise! Yes, this game is almost like a carbon copy of Alice sequel, rather then being dmc game. Alice was a good game despite it flaws, but I I don't want dmc to be like that - I want dmc to be over the top - high octane action, with elegant controls and imaginative combat, and some puzzles/exploration cherry on top. And new dmc is not that. I would enjoy it ok if it would be a new franchise even thought it is mediocre at best, but because it's labeled as DMC it deserves all fans backslash it has got. Consoles get 4/10 because of 30fps Expand
  27. Mar 11, 2013
    esse jogo um horror mecanicas ultrapssadas,dante emo,vergil um nerd idiota

ninja thery e capcom acordem pra vida e façam jkogos de qualidade igual platinum games
  28. Feb 19, 2013
    Absolutely terrible and pointless. From tasteless, childishly amateur writing, terrible graphics and ocean of bugs and glitches to a completely bland and casual gameplay that, when it actually works properly, is only targeted at replicating the visual feats of the previous games which you had to actually master back in the day. A vanity project devoid of any style, substance or passionAbsolutely terrible and pointless. From tasteless, childishly amateur writing, terrible graphics and ocean of bugs and glitches to a completely bland and casual gameplay that, when it actually works properly, is only targeted at replicating the visual feats of the previous games which you had to actually master back in the day. A vanity project devoid of any style, substance or passion sown together for a quick buck riding on a big name. At this point unless we see a DMC5 developed by Capcom itself in few years, it's safe to say that DMC is dead and this abomination is what finished it off with a shotgun to a head. Expand
  29. Mar 31, 2013
    This game deserves a solid 1 for deceiving its fan base. It's being advertised as to find out who Dante was was before becoming the demon hunter. But the actuality, this Dante is a completely new character with no relation to the previous games and his behavior is what you called teen angst at best. The combat is especially sluggish, and the plot made references on how government isThis game deserves a solid 1 for deceiving its fan base. It's being advertised as to find out who Dante was was before becoming the demon hunter. But the actuality, this Dante is a completely new character with no relation to the previous games and his behavior is what you called teen angst at best. The combat is especially sluggish, and the plot made references on how government is corrupt and we need to stand up and to face the demon: the government. Like we haven't heard this before, I can't see how anyone can like this game except some teenagers with overflowing testosterone. Expand
  30. Jan 28, 2013
    In fact the real score is 7, because is not a bad hack and slash, but is a terrible DMC, the personality of Dante and vergil is a lot different of the original characters in a bad way, in the original Vergil dont use guns, and Dante is a bad ass, the enemys are repetitiveness and the combat or gameplay is not good, is better ninja gaiden 1 and 2, Bayonetta, god of War and Dantes inferno,In fact the real score is 7, because is not a bad hack and slash, but is a terrible DMC, the personality of Dante and vergil is a lot different of the original characters in a bad way, in the original Vergil dont use guns, and Dante is a bad ass, the enemys are repetitiveness and the combat or gameplay is not good, is better ninja gaiden 1 and 2, Bayonetta, god of War and Dantes inferno, for my this is a not DMC, is better the DMC 2 than this Expand
  31. Feb 6, 2013
    This game has a lot more problems more than I could describe on a single review is the kind of thing you have to experience to realize how bad it really it is, the funny thing is that some people actually like it that's fine my only explanation for that is that they've never played other DMC games, even so this game should strike fear into who ever plays it for all the wrong reasons, I canThis game has a lot more problems more than I could describe on a single review is the kind of thing you have to experience to realize how bad it really it is, the funny thing is that some people actually like it that's fine my only explanation for that is that they've never played other DMC games, even so this game should strike fear into who ever plays it for all the wrong reasons, I can only advice you to ignore the paid reviewers and focus instead on the community reviews here's my short list of problems with the game, first of all the story by god the story is like the kids at 9gag got together and decided to create a fan fiction piece that was later implemented in to this game who ever wrote it must have been high and if he wasn't he's one of the worst writers I've ever seen with the abundance of deep lines suck as "F*** you" every five minutes. The combat is a complete mess, not only is it baby mode compared to the past games but it is nothing but an unsatisfying button masher that rewards you for doing absolutely nothing. Lastly Dante, lets ignore the fact that the developer for the game thought it would be a great idea to model him after HIMSELF for a second and lets focus on the fact that he acts nothing like the old Dante, its as if he's a different character all together and well he iS a different character all together which lets me to believe that this was just some random mediocre game that at the last minute got DmC put in the title so it could sell, the sad part is that that wasnt the case making the situation even worse. I went optimistic into it giving it a chance and got out wishing I never did. Expand
  32. Feb 8, 2013
    it's boring casual game with dull combat it's so slow compared to older ones it made me come back to the devil may cry hd collection in no time... i beat it in 1 day at nephilim, gameplay is copypasted from heavenly sword... i had more fun with gunXsword (wich is an average game)... it's a game below awerage and we know why the majority of sites gave it amazing scores (capcom paid themit's boring casual game with dull combat it's so slow compared to older ones it made me come back to the devil may cry hd collection in no time... i beat it in 1 day at nephilim, gameplay is copypasted from heavenly sword... i had more fun with gunXsword (wich is an average game)... it's a game below awerage and we know why the majority of sites gave it amazing scores (capcom paid them directly or indirectly using sites as advertising) story is ripped off and lame, music is horrible and gave me migraines, some of the enviroments (they look alike those from bayonetta but bayonetta was better in all the possible ways) are great but that's not enought to give this game credit... after ruinning resident evil with the 6 now they've ruined devil may cry... good job capcom
    ah and no lovk on feature, 2 dodge buttons (cause we have to press a trigger for angelic and demonic wepones)
    do yourself a favor... do not buy it...
  33. Feb 8, 2013
    when hideki kamiya left capcom this saga died.
    Its kinda sad to see a great game fall like this, cmon EVEN KAZUMA K ANEKO SMT SERIES)hell with dmc3 ,also dmc4 was amazing....
  34. Feb 15, 2013
    They ruined the characters. Emo-tized everything. The white hair wig joke was a slap in the face and I hope that capcom goes out of business!!
  35. Feb 18, 2013
    *Sigh* *Sigh* *Sigh* This game is absolutely horrible and a smack to the face of the real Dante. According to the game designers "If the old Dante walked into a bar he would get laughed at." If that is their argument the same goes for all video game characters, right? Mario and Luigi would get "laughed at in a bar" may as well change them.... What about Pacman and Link? May as well change*Sigh* *Sigh* *Sigh* This game is absolutely horrible and a smack to the face of the real Dante. According to the game designers "If the old Dante walked into a bar he would get laughed at." If that is their argument the same goes for all video game characters, right? Mario and Luigi would get "laughed at in a bar" may as well change them.... What about Pacman and Link? May as well change them too.

Now getting into the game, the combat is so easy your average aborted fetus could master it, the taunt button is removed and you can get an SSS on the style meter by using a few oversimplified "combos."

The dialogue is absolutely ridiculous, I find myself laughing at it's childishness, especially in the Succubus boss fight (A complete rip off of Slurm in Futurama as somebody else mentioned) where Donte and the Succubus yell you" back and forth.

Some redeeming things about the game are that they added in Nero's arm mechanic (The angel lift and demon pull) which was one of my favorite thing in Devil May Cry 4, also the graphics were nice and the combat flowed smoothly.

One of my biggest problems with this game and why I hate it so much is the games director "Tameem" claimed old Dante wasn't cool and then went on to design the new Dante to look like him, take a look lmfao, real sexy there bro. ****ing ****

36. Feb 26, 2013
    when did virgil began to use sniper, he dislikes guns. the whole game play is totally broken compared to other games and story sucks. Oh boy. There is so much to say about this game, and next to none of it is good. From the absolutely convoluted, asinine, and downright insulting plotline to the poor writing, voicework, and general pacing of the game itself, DmC falls flat on its face atwhen did virgil began to use sniper, he dislikes guns. the whole game play is totally broken compared to other games and story sucks. Oh boy. There is so much to say about this game, and next to none of it is good. From the absolutely convoluted, asinine, and downright insulting plotline to the poor writing, voicework, and general pacing of the game itself, DmC falls flat on its face at almost every turn. Expand
  37. Mar 1, 2013
    This game is very disappointing if you have played the previous games. So don't expect any new and improved features. The characters are boring and none of them are very likable, the story isn't very good, and it isn't very fun. The soundtrack was pretty bad in my opinion, as I am not a fan of heavy metal, but I won't count that against the game. The combat is fun for a while but it is farThis game is very disappointing if you have played the previous games. So don't expect any new and improved features. The characters are boring and none of them are very likable, the story isn't very good, and it isn't very fun. The soundtrack was pretty bad in my opinion, as I am not a fan of heavy metal, but I won't count that against the game. The combat is fun for a while but it is far too easy, you can achieve S ranks without much of a problem. The boss battles are one of the greatest aspects about his game because they require you to use tactics to exploit the bosses weakness. It really doesn't stick with you when you turn the game off. I played through the game once and never felt the urge to play again. While it isn't absolute garbage, I have to give it a three out of ten because I have played much better games. Expand
  38. Feb 7, 2014
    I have been a fan of Devil May Cry series and I have played this recently because some people urge me to try this as I was totally ignoring this reboot. I stopped playing after some chapters because it is so boring. I couldn't stop playing DMC 3 and 4 from beginning to end but this one is just **** with stupid dialogues. And those who enjoyed this game are fans of hack-and-slash game, notI have been a fan of Devil May Cry series and I have played this recently because some people urge me to try this as I was totally ignoring this reboot. I stopped playing after some chapters because it is so boring. I couldn't stop playing DMC 3 and 4 from beginning to end but this one is just **** with stupid dialogues. And those who enjoyed this game are fans of hack-and-slash game, not Devil May Cry itself. Expand
  39. Apr 27, 2013
    First of all i want to start by saying that this shouldn't be named Devil May Cry, because it has nothing to do with Devil May Cry besides the name of the game and characters, The Story is weak, the characters are pretty much forgettable and contradict themselves, especially the main character named "Dante" but resembles nothing of the old character, the gameplay and difficulty is muchFirst of all i want to start by saying that this shouldn't be named Devil May Cry, because it has nothing to do with Devil May Cry besides the name of the game and characters, The Story is weak, the characters are pretty much forgettable and contradict themselves, especially the main character named "Dante" but resembles nothing of the old character, the gameplay and difficulty is much more easy than the past Devil May Cry games, which is extremely disappointing, this game was pretty much made just for the money, however Capcom didn't get as much as they expect, i hope they cancel this and don't waste money anymore with this crap! Expand
  40. Mar 6, 2013
    First i need to say, this is not Devil May Cry but it is DMC i say this because it does not feel like Devil May Cry we know and love but feel like a new game witch is why i call it DMC.
    So lets get the hair business out of the way first, i don't care about the change they made!
    The story is okey but i like the old one better, but it has some nice points that give the story merit. Combat
    Combat is the worst ever in the series, it just doesn't feel fun like the old one did.
    One thing i really love though is the levels how they change and how they look. They really nailed the look and feel of limbo and the demon world. Overall the game is not bad but it`s not a that good either. Rent it or get it when it`s cheaper.
  41. Feb 1, 2013
    Well.. this is really easy, the game is not bad, but unfortunately compare to the previous Devil may cry is not. Gameplay is less responsive, it has less combos(and the ones that it have cannot be done between one another make in it repetitive), and the difficulty level is not enough for you to make an effort of fighting. The platforms sections are boring, the "world trying to eat you"Well.. this is really easy, the game is not bad, but unfortunately compare to the previous Devil may cry is not. Gameplay is less responsive, it has less combos(and the ones that it have cannot be done between one another make in it repetitive), and the difficulty level is not enough for you to make an effort of fighting. The platforms sections are boring, the "world trying to eat you" is not exciting and doesn't invite you to run and bosses are easy. Graphic are good, but not enough, to brightly for the style. Story might be good but since I liked the last one more I can't make a proper assessment. And the music is really good, but I like more the previous soundtracks. In overall the game is mediocre because they change it for a more easy and average gamer and has lost its essence and fun for the sake of a better investment as a project. Expand
  42. Oct 25, 2013
    Played DMC1 when it came out and I was so impressed with all the style that I kept playing till DMD. Played DMC3 till DMD as well because I like DMC1 so much but I thought it was acceptable. I thought DMC4 deserved a 0/10 and I've stopped caring ever since. DmC is practically a new game. If the new generation enjoys it then so be it. I never understood what most kids see in movies likePlayed DMC1 when it came out and I was so impressed with all the style that I kept playing till DMD. Played DMC3 till DMD as well because I like DMC1 so much but I thought it was acceptable. I thought DMC4 deserved a 0/10 and I've stopped caring ever since. DmC is practically a new game. If the new generation enjoys it then so be it. I never understood what most kids see in movies like twilight, hunger games and these new disney tv shows, but it seems this is what Team Ninja is going for with DmC so I bid them God speed. I hope those same kids will like this as well. From the media previews and gameplay all around the internet and from watching the first 5 mins of the game (too boring to watch any further), if I had to rate it based on these experiences only, I would give it a 3 Expand
  43. Aug 20, 2014
    Quite possibly the worst game in the franchise. Even worse than Devil May Cry 2 from the original series. The storyline and dialogue sound like it was written by a five-year old, and don't even get me started on the color-coated enemies. Just whose idea was it to make color-coded enemies and weapons?! The boss fights do not live up to their name, either. I also can't believe that theQuite possibly the worst game in the franchise. Even worse than Devil May Cry 2 from the original series. The storyline and dialogue sound like it was written by a five-year old, and don't even get me started on the color-coated enemies. Just whose idea was it to make color-coded enemies and weapons?! The boss fights do not live up to their name, either. I also can't believe that the critics here gave this game a score of 86. That really shows how quality of gaming is going down the drain. Also, this new version of Dante looks and acts like a womanizing crackhead who also does meth. Also, when the hell are you going to introduce angels as a plot point, when we don't see any during the entire game? Except for Eva, and of course, Vergil, whom don't even count because they're basically giant lawn gnomes that do nothing. Yes, Vergil does nothing, even if he's a playable character at one point. Long story short, there should be a hell of a lot of holy fire going on, but I'm not seeing any of it. This game did nothing to live up to it's hype, and all it did was injure my wallet. Expand
  44. May 27, 2014
    Good graphics. Only this. The rest stinks. Really hated the game. Judge me, I'm not a big fan of Devil May Cry series, only played 'cuz I thought that it could be fun. I was mistaken. Very mistaken.
  45. May 8, 2014
    All people who already talked about the game...well all is already said.The game is good as an reboot...but the story is lacking and the characters are just ****
  46. Jul 22, 2014
    This is the **** game I have ever seen ever in 15 years of gaming. Whoever gives money to the **** at Ninja Theory studio, know that I will find you and **** on your face.

I wanted to vomit after seeing the trailer and kill myself after seeing some gameplay.

This is the truth, I am not exxagerating. Peace out!

1. Mar 11, 2013
    A worthy rebirth of the franchise as it possesses fast-paced chaotic action, which is diversified by the several weapons that make up Dante’s arsenal, an engaging soundtrack, and a story worthy of the DmC franchise.
  2. Mar 6, 2013
    Beyond the near-perfect controls and satisfying combat, Ninja Theory has clearly sweated the game's atmosphere and visuals.
  3. Feb 25, 2013
    Ninja Theory have against all odds created something fresh; a creatively superb and in places fantastic action adventure game. It will not be for everyone and is certainly more mainstream than previous efforts but DMC is a rip roaring start to 2013.