6.4

1. TobyO.
    Oct 12, 2007
    It's a $5 history lesson. Back in the day, Double Dragon was the stuff. It may not have aged the best, but it's a 80's arcade brawler, not an RPG or even Street Fighter! I had fun returning to it (back elbow rules!), and didn't run into the glitches and bugs bemoaned in other reviews. If money's no object, though, I highly recommend Atlus' Double Dragon It's a $5 history lesson. Back in the day, Double Dragon was the stuff. It may not have aged the best, but it's a 80's arcade brawler, not an RPG or even Street Fighter! I had fun returning to it (back elbow rules!), and didn't run into the glitches and bugs bemoaned in other reviews. If money's no object, though, I highly recommend Atlus' Double Dragon Advance for GBA. Expand
  2. sammaher
    Jul 4, 2008
    I don't remember this game being so short!! Loved this game when it was an arcade classic, But it has not stood the test of time unfortunately. O.k for a one night blast of nostalgia (although will only probably take around 40 mins to complete, and the replay value is not great). Sometimes the memory' s are better!!
  3. NickG.
    May 28, 2007
    This is one of those games, that if you liked the original, you'll probably enjoy it here, although because of being able to continue after you die, you're now able to complete the game. Once completed, it may not offer any real replay value, other than trying to obtain some of the difficult achievements.
  4. DarrenD.
    Sep 30, 2007
    Not how I remembered it. Far too short and far too easy with unlimited continues and the achievements are glitched.
  5. Sep 24, 2014
    This version of Double Dragon is the closest match to the original that there is. Still, it isn't the same as the arcade. Visuals are about on par with the original, but I will admit the handling isn't that good on the 360's controller.

Overall: While it is fairly loyal port of the original, it mostly makes you feel how dated the original is. Also, playing on your TV at home just isn't

Overall:
    While it is fairly loyal port of the original, it mostly makes you feel how dated the original is. Also, playing on your TV at home just isn't the same as the arcade down the street. This is one of those games that can only be truly enjoyed on an arcade cabinet.

1. The end fight where you have to plug every single enemy and boss before facing the unfairly tough villain is the stuff of legends...Co-op play is essential if you want to finish the game. [Feb 2007, p.100]
  2. So what's missing? Replayability. Using unlimited continues (an option we do appreciate), both one- and two-player games top out at just under 30 minutes. [June 2007, p.73]
  3. Immensely hard difficulty levels aside in single-player, the co-op mode is fun and much easier to tackle. Oddly it's painfully slow in places with more than five enemies on screen at once. We didn't expect this at all from our next-gen experience of Double Dragon.