4.4

1. Mar 9, 2011
    Just really fun. Maybe we expect too much from Bioware. I can see why some people are disappointed, but in the end Dragon Age 2 is an extremely good game, set in a beautiful game world that is really fun to play. Sometimes that is enough.
  2. Mar 9, 2011
    Purchased, played for a bit, saw the same levels copy/pasted all over the place. This is a sloppy addition to the dragon age series. A clear cash in, 1 year development time, with bought off reviews and 'high praises' from random people that have clearly been hired to inflate the rating on metacritic.

I just hope Bioware has enough dignity left for a proper DA:O sequel.. god forbid this happens to ME.

3. Mar 9, 2011
    What's with all the trolls? I am about 9 hours into the game and loving it. This morning at work all i could think of was getting back to the game. The story is fantastic, the graphics are much better than the original, and the combat is fun in medium, and quite challenging in hard. A great game from BioWare!
  4. Mar 9, 2011
    Wow, the low scores for this game are incredible. I understand the fan base of true Bioware RPGs being upset over this simplified version of a great game. When you look at the game as a whole without bias, you find a surprisingly good game. In the end the story elements come together. The small quirks are amazing, and they do feed some nerdcore passions. My main issue is a city thatWow, the low scores for this game are incredible. I understand the fan base of true Bioware RPGs being upset over this simplified version of a great game. When you look at the game as a whole without bias, you find a surprisingly good game. In the end the story elements come together. The small quirks are amazing, and they do feed some nerdcore passions. My main issue is a city that is supposedly filled with refugees and is the largest city in the Free Marches is almost completely empty and pristine. Now I do like the combat system, because on the PC you can truly delve a little deeper into the game. Truth is Bioware is in this business to make money and catering to we few hardcore RPG gamers does not always pay off. Now I wait for 8 mos till Elder Scrolls: Skyrim hits the market. Expand
  5. Mar 9, 2011
    Loads of improvements over the original. Main character being voiced is a huge plus. Genuinely care about what I'm doing. About half way through and really enjoying it.
  6. Mar 9, 2011
    Don't listen to the haters rating the game below 5, they are hardcore nerds mad that the game is now more accessible to a broader audience. This game lives up to all the hype and is a ton of fun to play. Well worth the $60 in my books.
  7. Mar 9, 2011
    After seeing all these negative review scores, I had to create an account to chime in. I was hesitant at first to believe that Dragon Age 2 would be better than DAO, but after playing all my fears were erased. The character customization is better, the itemization is better, the VO acting is better, the combat is WAY better, and everything else has been streamlined. I went back to play DAOAfter seeing all these negative review scores, I had to create an account to chime in. I was hesitant at first to believe that Dragon Age 2 would be better than DAO, but after playing all my fears were erased. The character customization is better, the itemization is better, the VO acting is better, the combat is WAY better, and everything else has been streamlined. I went back to play DAO after my first session in DA2 as a comparison and i realized how clunky it really was. DA2 ftw Expand
  8. Mar 9, 2011
    I was genuinely looking forward to this game. I didn't think DA: O was a perfect game, but it was a solid RPG with only a few little problems could have been ironed out. Expecting that from DA2, I was severely disappointed. It seems the developers were just trying to cash in on the success of the first; this game is ugly, corny, and shallow. DO NOT BUY IT.
  9. Mar 8, 2011
    Improving on Dragon Age: Origins in almost every way, Dragon Age II brings a ton of great characters to the series and manages to deftly pack all of the strategy of the console version into a faster, more entertaining combat system. There's a ton of strategy there if you're looking for it (I'm a fan of the Rogue's upgraded Back-to-Back skill coupled with my mage's upgraded Mind Blast - itImproving on Dragon Age: Origins in almost every way, Dragon Age II brings a ton of great characters to the series and manages to deftly pack all of the strategy of the console version into a faster, more entertaining combat system. There's a ton of strategy there if you're looking for it (I'm a fan of the Rogue's upgraded Back-to-Back skill coupled with my mage's upgraded Mind Blast - it stuns everyone around you, and the Rogue teleports next to you to deal nothing but Critical Hits to stunned enemies). On the surface somethings have changed since DA:O, but after a few hours it still feels very much like it's predecessor, but with a bevy of solid improvements. Expand
  10. Mar 9, 2011
    th1s game is so awsome! omggg it deserves like. an 11/10. my mom bot it 4 me 4 my bday an i havnt been able to put it down yet!!!!!!!! the only reson this gaem has a low score is cuz of the mean ppl at **** /v/ board r mad and dont like the game even tho they never playd it so their trying 2 raid medacritic 2 give it a low score by all giving it a 1
  11. Mar 8, 2011
    I've loved this game! The dialogue is much improved, the animation is infinitely better than Origins, the characters are a whole lot more fun, and seemingly less archetypal (I've only played for 3 hours), and the voice-acting is superb. Bioware took everything that was good about Origins, and combined it with the wonders of Mass Effect. The only thing I've had some problems with is theI've loved this game! The dialogue is much improved, the animation is infinitely better than Origins, the characters are a whole lot more fun, and seemingly less archetypal (I've only played for 3 hours), and the voice-acting is superb. Bioware took everything that was good about Origins, and combined it with the wonders of Mass Effect. The only thing I've had some problems with is the long, constant loading screens. Overall though, I've absolutely loved the game. Expand
  12. Mar 9, 2011
    Improved upon in almost every way. More immersive, better storytelling mechanics (especially the fact that relationships develop over a series of years) and combat is just downright more fun. If you think the graphics are worse than the original, you are lying to yourself. The combat is strategic as ever, just FASTER AND MORE FUN. The abilities all actually DO something, unlike DA:OImproved upon in almost every way. More immersive, better storytelling mechanics (especially the fact that relationships develop over a series of years) and combat is just downright more fun. If you think the graphics are worse than the original, you are lying to yourself. The combat is strategic as ever, just FASTER AND MORE FUN. The abilities all actually DO something, unlike DA:O where you spent points on things you would never use. And if you really have a problem with the dialog wheel, go play D&D in your basement. Interactive cinema is what its all about. Expand
  13. Mar 8, 2011
    I find it highly interesting that there are so many user reviews posted, particularly negative reviews, after the game just came out. I will say up front that I have not yet finished Dragon Age, but I am more than half way through. So far, the game is a vast improvement over Origins, from the streamlined combat, to a more central protagonist. To those complaining over the changes to theI find it highly interesting that there are so many user reviews posted, particularly negative reviews, after the game just came out. I will say up front that I have not yet finished Dragon Age, but I am more than half way through. So far, the game is a vast improvement over Origins, from the streamlined combat, to a more central protagonist. To those complaining over the changes to the core mechanics and Bioware's aim at a more casual audience, grow up. If you haven't realized it, developers need to make money, in fact to some extent that's the goal. Appealing to a larger audience doesn't mean they've thrown quality out the window, it just means they've made a smart business decision.

Ranting aside, the combat is more visceral, the story more structured, the graphics substantially upgraded. If your a fan of RPG's and open to change, I can't recommend this game enough. To those who feel scorned by the changes, just stick with it and give it a chance. If after you've fully played it and still come away unimpressed, your entitled to your opinions. Aside from that, giving it a score of 1 and 0 just because you feel let down is an injustice to this game.
  14. Mar 8, 2011
    I'll be quick. This game improves combat for the better, the visuals are a step forward (in the dragon age universe at least) the story is much more..... focused (for lack of a better term) and the characters that bioware introduce to us never seem to feel annoying or useless to a point where you feel like murdering them in their sleep. There are flaws, but honestly, perfection is in theI'll be quick. This game improves combat for the better, the visuals are a step forward (in the dragon age universe at least) the story is much more..... focused (for lack of a better term) and the characters that bioware introduce to us never seem to feel annoying or useless to a point where you feel like murdering them in their sleep. There are flaws, but honestly, perfection is in the eye of the beholder and when a game of this scope manages to keep everything on track with little to no fat hanging over the side, that spells damn close to perfection in my books. This game is designed to add to the wrecking ball that sits between gamers and non gamers and it does a great job, a lot of super RPG nerds will feel let down and even be angered by the streamlining of the RPG mechanics and the game in general, but if you're like me and enjoy having a fun time and soaking in the story then look no further than dragon age 2. A side note... due to the 1-10 rounding system used here at metacritic it says a 9 for me but its much closer to a 9.3. Expand
  15. Mar 8, 2011
    Fantastic Game.. I love all Bioware games. The gameplay is much better than the first version. The story is so much more intriguing, the combat is much more accessible and the best part is the length of the game
  16. Mar 9, 2011
    A great follow up to Origins. Bioware has changed enough of the menus and controls to keep it fresh yet familiar. The graphics are superb and the music sets the right mood. One thing that was kind of a disappoint in Origins was the "silent hero" problem but that has been addressed with solid voice acting. You are also able to import your decisions from Origins and Awakening into DA2. EvenA great follow up to Origins. Bioware has changed enough of the menus and controls to keep it fresh yet familiar. The graphics are superb and the music sets the right mood. One thing that was kind of a disappoint in Origins was the "silent hero" problem but that has been addressed with solid voice acting. You are also able to import your decisions from Origins and Awakening into DA2. Even RPG fans that didn't enjoy the first Dragon Age should give this one a shot. Remember this is just my opinion but I hope you will find it helpful. Expand
  17. Mar 9, 2011
    This game is AWESOME! Don't believe all the obvious trolls out there. They fixed all my complaints with Origins and I'm having a blast playing this game. It's obvious that the people who are giving crappy reviews haven't even played the game. Buy it! You won't be disappointed.
  18. Mar 9, 2011
    Im a level 7 right now and I give this a 10 so far.I find it hard to believe 180 users have played through out this whole game already, then rushed to Metacritic to review it and take the time to warn others of a Illuminati conspiracy of gaming developers taking the fun out of gaming. Most all the negative reviews are from new accounts. Not clever enough trolls.
  19. Mar 8, 2011
    The best RPG ever, you never played as fun and tactical party RPG combats, it's the biggest and most interesting town that you ever seen in RPG. There are many player choices with consequences on the story. The story is very well written and will make your eyes wet many times. Some companions are much more attaching than any companion of DAO. DA2 fixes many weakness of DAO, the fights areThe best RPG ever, you never played as fun and tactical party RPG combats, it's the biggest and most interesting town that you ever seen in RPG. There are many player choices with consequences on the story. The story is very well written and will make your eyes wet many times. Some companions are much more attaching than any companion of DAO. DA2 fixes many weakness of DAO, the fights are better balanced and more deep. DAO fights was ridiculously easy and now at Hard difficulty they are hard and at Nightmare it's a real challenge. In DAO the companions was sort of dead puppets once out of the camp. Now they are lively and really participate to the adventure, and even, your companions will influence the evolution of the story. In DAO you had only very few build per class, now in DA2 you have plenty more builds making you character building a lot more fun and deep. In one play through DA2 isn't as long than in DAO, because of the multiples alternatives coming from player choices and companions choose the replays are much more interesting and setup a longer play value with replays. Expand
  20. Mar 9, 2011
    I have loved it so far. Still getting used to it. My only griped is the inventory system. I really enjoyed the DA:O setup and being able to customize everyone. This is a great game though.
  21. Mar 12, 2011
    Dragon Age II is an astoundingly good game. Having now played for around 10 hours I can say with a measured opinion that it has met and surpassed all my expectations. I completed Origins and poured over 112 hours into the game. I am by no means a simple fan boy and would have been bitterly disappointed had I not thought Bioware had put the same level of skill and commitment into theDragon Age II is an astoundingly good game. Having now played for around 10 hours I can say with a measured opinion that it has met and surpassed all my expectations. I completed Origins and poured over 112 hours into the game. I am by no means a simple fan boy and would have been bitterly disappointed had I not thought Bioware had put the same level of skill and commitment into the sequel. I have not been disappointed and I fail to see where and why all the user criticism spawns from on this page. I loved Origins and I feel no hesitation in stating that I believe DA2 is a much improved game.
    The pacing is much faster and more exciting, whilst keeping the focus of the narrative throughout - something Origins failed to do at times (there's a Blight going on?).
    The action and fighting dynamics have seriously been improved. Remember people this is the Xbox 360 version we are reviewing and as a console version, it's fighting mechanics have been vastly improved. It's fluid, it's faster and ultimately, it's more exciting. There seems to be a theme arising that people believe it is more like a button basher now. Can I remind you that the sole difference there is that now rather than simply pressing A once and having the character automatically attack, you now do so yourself. I fail to see why this is a negative.
    The story is gripping and the character dynamics and interaction is as superb as it was in the original but with the vast improvement of a fully voiced character. Furthermore, the characters are equally as funny, original and likeable as they were in the original - with the exception of maybe Morrigan (a favourite of mine).
    The graphics are, as expected, a considerable improvement and the scale of Kirkwall is impressive. Another complaint stems from the fact that the majority of the game is played within it's boundaries but this is by no means a bad thing. In fact, it makes perfect sense for the story which is being portrayed.
    Please, if you are considering buying this game, do not be put off by the overtly harsh criticism on this site and do so. If you are a fan of rpgs and most particularly if you enjoyed the first game, I implore you to play this game: you will not regret it.
  22. Mar 9, 2011
    Wow, F-ing priks! Go play the game and stop trolling like this! Just because you don't care for the direction the game is going, you shouldn't spam MC like this. Ha, those 144 0's and 1's are probably from all the PC gamers left. Get a console and stop crying.
  23. Mar 9, 2011
    Im giving this game a 10 just because the low review scores are absolutely unjustifiable. This game is far from a perfect 10 but its also far from a 0. Come on people if you are going to write a review on this game atleast make it somewhat believable. Dragon Age Origins may have more memorable characters but this games graphics, combat, and story are way better than the first. Im certainIm giving this game a 10 just because the low review scores are absolutely unjustifiable. This game is far from a perfect 10 but its also far from a 0. Come on people if you are going to write a review on this game atleast make it somewhat believable. Dragon Age Origins may have more memorable characters but this games graphics, combat, and story are way better than the first. Im certain that atleast half of the negative reviews are from people who have never even played the freaking game. Expand
  24. Mar 8, 2011
    Hours into this game, and I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised. The combat is leaps and bounds above the original Dragon Age. One thing I urge people to realize is that DA 1 was also similarly linear. The amount of quests in DA 2 seems to be slightly stepped back, but the combat makes up for it. People idealize a game like DA, and inevitably, they will have a problem with any sequel.Hours into this game, and I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised. The combat is leaps and bounds above the original Dragon Age. One thing I urge people to realize is that DA 1 was also similarly linear. The amount of quests in DA 2 seems to be slightly stepped back, but the combat makes up for it. People idealize a game like DA, and inevitably, they will have a problem with any sequel. Probably the same people that had a problem with ME2, as no game would "ever" stack up to ME1. The combat would best be described as a mix between DA 1 and Kotor. Yes, I went there. And this game is good. Expand
  25. Nov 16, 2014
    DA:2 is a wonderful game with rich, rewarding storytelling, and a highly satisfying degree of player agency over the contents of that story. The NPCs are memorable and wonderfully realized; the dialogue tree is streamlined in a way that feels snappy and responsive, while respecting my choices as a players; and the game does a great job of representing a world where nothing is good or evil,DA:2 is a wonderful game with rich, rewarding storytelling, and a highly satisfying degree of player agency over the contents of that story. The NPCs are memorable and wonderfully realized; the dialogue tree is streamlined in a way that feels snappy and responsive, while respecting my choices as a players; and the game does a great job of representing a world where nothing is good or evil, but rather ambiguous shades of grey. To that point - Dragon Age 2 is possibly the first game that made me question my in-game moral compass, and re-evaluate my decisions based on the outcomes of the story. Every decision is a shade of grey, and every perspective in the game can be justified logically - and so it becomes immensely satisfying to make different choices and to explore the nuances of the political struggles going on in city of Kirkwall. Although DA:Origins was also a fantastic game, I felt like I always knew what the "correct" or "morally acceptable" decision was, and I was rarely torn over what to do. In DA2, these lines are far less clear, which is I believe truer to the original vision of the franchise and ultimately more satisfying.
    One complaint I have heard repeatedly is that DA2 lacks traditional RPG elements and is more of an action game. If you are only looking at the system, that might be partly true. However, the most important part of an RPG game to me is the ability to play a character and take on a unique role (RPG = Role Playing Game). Deciding what my character wears is okay, but deciding what my character does is the absolute essence of an RPG. DA2 focuses on this aspect of playing a role, and I personally found this focus delightful. I also appreciated the very personal story of DA2, which touches on big world-altering events, but is ultimately more about the individual lives of the people in the story. It is a smaller, less epic story than DAO, but I do not think this is necessarily a bad thing. It is simply different. I will admit that some of the larger story threads do not ultimately pan out in a satisfying way, and I was disappointed by this. But the story of Hawke and his/her friends did hold together, and did feel satisfying.
    Regarding other complaints i have seen about the game. Yes, there are repeated environments. Is this really the most important aspect of a game? The caves are noticeable and a slight detractor, but they are short areas that are not very important. The city of Kirkwall is huge, and I really enjoyed getting to explore one location in depth over time. By the end of the game, I felt like it was truly my city, and I had come to care about what happened to it. So, I can understand the complaint, but from a story perspective the choice has some merit in my humble opinion.
    I suppose whether or not you enjoy DA2 comes down to whether you need an epic, sprawling, world-shaking story line to enjoy your RPG content, or whether a more personal story that scratches the surface of the outer world is more your cup of tea. I enjoyed both DAO and DA2 a great deal, but they are very different games with different sensibilities. That said, there are things that happen in 2 that feel like they will have major repercussions in the world of Thedas, and I am greatly looking forward to seeing what the next game has in store.
  26. Mar 15, 2011
    Dragon Age 2 is a much better game than most people give it credit for. The overall visuals of the game are a major improvement over the original, the plot and character development (despite it not having the grand scale of the first one) was fleshed out better this time around, and it was a little more unique than the usual BioWare fanfare.

To start, the game is called "Dragon Age" not

To start, the game is called "Dragon Age" not "Warden Age", or at least since the last time I checked. You are not a god-like hero who can face an entire Blight with little to no assistance. People need to remember that the scale of a game does not equate to its quality. You play a refugee who is simply trying to insure the survival of his family, only to find himself thrust into the role of a hero. Not only does the main character have a personality this time around, but also a voice. He/She also has to face some very human situations as the years pass by. Some situations you might find yourself not knowing what the right thing to say is. This isn't because BioWare doesn't know what they are doing, it is more along the lines of them shying away from "Light" and "Dark" decisions and simply adding a shade of gray. Sometimes it comes down to choosing the lesser of two evils. Just because you don't see an immediate reaction to your choices, does not mean that they won't play a role later on in the game either. To sit there and say that DA2 is completely linear would be saying the same for every other BioWare game ever made, which most of you can't honestly do.

I understand that quite a few of you might be frustrated by the lack of locations, but then again we go back to my argument over the scale of it. Your rise to power makes you the "Champion of Kirkwall" not the "Champion of the Free Marches" so it is understandable that you are only set to the amount of areas presented to you. Don't even try and say that Dragon Age: Origins didn't recycle locations either. That was one of the first things my roommate griped about when playing DA: O for the first time.

Ah, on to the classic "RPG/Not an RPG" argument. Correct me if I'm wrong, but RPG stands for "Role Playing Game". The game allows you to customize your character's appearance, stats, abilities, and class. This seems to be something you do in just about EVERY RPG. People fail to realize that RPGs aren't becoming more like Action Games, it is actually the other way around. More action games are implementing more RPG elements. Also RPGs give you an option that most Action Games, if any at all, don't... Choice. Your actions and choices affect the storyline, even if it is only to a small degree. Most Action Games have you follow a very linear storyline and don't have a lot in the way of story or other forms of immersion.

The combat hasn't changed, other than the fact that the A button now has to be pressed repeatedly rather than hitting it once and then walking away until your target is dead. Potions can't be spam consumed constantly throughout a fight, which makes you think a little more about when the proper time to use one would be. Your special attacks and abilities are even set to the same style as the first one! Combat that is more fast-paced doesn't make it simply a hack and slash. I love Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic and Dragon Age: Origins. Their combat works well for me too, but just because DA2 decided to be less traditional, doesn't make it any less an RPG.

I especially love the little things that BioWare decided to do. The little nods, references, and cameos from the first game. It was nice to see some familiar faces and hear of the exploits of my hero from DA: O and DLC. Unlike some of the people who claim to love BioWare, but refuses to support their product, the day-one DLC was also in DA:O, not to mention it was also free to those who actually BOUGHT the game. If you pre-ordered the game you were even bumped up to a Signature Edition for free! We're talking close to $40 of additional content at no charge. So please don't be mad that you actually have to pay for something else since you decided not to buy the game. I'm broke, so the whole "I can't afford to buy a game from a developer I really enjoy" is a pretty invalid argument if I can still manage to do so.

All in all, Dragon Age 2 wasn't the best game BioWare ever made, but it was very much enjoyable and an improvement (and welcomed addition) to an already amazing franchise.
  27. Mar 15, 2011
    First I loved Dragon age Origins, so naturally i buy Dragon age 2 , the story is better, the central character is better, the npcs adds so naturally to the history, as a rpg game i think it is one of the best, and i hope for a Dragon age 3, with Hawk starring .
  28. Mar 15, 2011
    The gameplay was much more enjoable that in DA:O against weaker enemies, while big boss fights like the high dragon felt exactly like DA:O. Story/Companions are good. Overall a very funny and enjoable game, better than DA:O
  29. Mar 15, 2011
    C'mon guys those of you who gave it less than 6 are pretty harsh aren't you? What did you expect a perfect game from Bioware? For God's sake if you didn't like the demo why the heck did you buy the game and then **** and moan and give it a zero?! I've played it for 10 hours so far and personally I feel that the story feels more personal this time, I'm quite intrigued by the whole idea ofC'mon guys those of you who gave it less than 6 are pretty harsh aren't you? What did you expect a perfect game from Bioware? For God's sake if you didn't like the demo why the heck did you buy the game and then **** and moan and give it a zero?! I've played it for 10 hours so far and personally I feel that the story feels more personal this time, I'm quite intrigued by the whole idea of 10 years of the main protaganist's life spanning the entire game. Really interested to see how things will progress from here on. And when you do things in the game it feels like you'll actually building up your reputation and relationships, due to the no so insignificant matter of the main character actually able to speak. That's a welcome addition and personally I feel that it covers whatever the game lacks as compared to DAO. Yeah inventory was simplified and stuff but c'mon did it really matter what your party was equipped with? If all you guys out there wanna compare DAII with Planescape Torment, Baldur's Gate or whatever fantasy epic you've put on a pedestal go ahead. And continue to **** and moan and probably not enjoy any of the games coming out now and in the near future cause you guys never will, since no modern rpg will ever match whatever exacting standards you guys have. Don't get me started on those zeros, now those are really insanity at work. Personally I'll give it a 9 because Bioware is one of those companies who consistently push out decent and enjoyable RPGs, despite having to endure the crapstorm that inevitably follows every time people don't like certain changes. Imagine having only Baldur's Gate to play for what the next ten years? I WILL go insane. Anyway just wanted to say a big thank you to the developers for loving what they do and being brave enough to change certain aspects of the game, for better or for worse, rather than spinning out Dragon Age Origins II. Expand
  30. Jan 28, 2012
    I'm not sure why Metacritic has played host to this massive tirade against DA2, but I'd like to do my part to rectify that. I don't usually like trying to skew the average with my score, and I'd usually give this game a 9, but I'm going to give it a 10 to try to balance out the hordes of people unthinkingly giving this game a 0. DA2 is a fantastic game that improves massively on itsI'm not sure why Metacritic has played host to this massive tirade against DA2, but I'd like to do my part to rectify that. I don't usually like trying to skew the average with my score, and I'd usually give this game a 9, but I'm going to give it a 10 to try to balance out the hordes of people unthinkingly giving this game a 0. DA2 is a fantastic game that improves massively on its predecessor in the only aspect that really counts: the story and the characters in it. The characters are complex and have lives outside of the protagonist's party, and their relationship to you evolves much more organically. The story is unique, well-told and a huge breath of fresh air compared to the stale sword-and-sorcery, kill the horde of bad guys story in Dragon Age Origins. It's the saga of a family and a city. It has some flaws, namely the reused environments and Isabela's breasts, but overall it's a huge improvement, and we need to see more RPGs like it, that take story and characters more seriously than inventory management and combat pacing. Expand

1. Aug 3, 2011
    I'll give Bioware points for trying to do something different in their world, but they really did have it right the first time in terms of character building and the scope of the story.
  2. May 1, 2011
    Faulty game mechanics and disappointing maps, combat scenarios and storyline direction aside, Dragon Age II still has a surprising amount of intrigue hidden beneath the blemishes. The depth of character relationships, as well as the complex nature of the world of the Dragon Age franchise are a savior to a game that would otherwise forever be remembered by its mistakes.
  3. Apr 22, 2011
    Above all, it seems like Dragon Age II is an experiment. If you're a fan of the first game and expect a direct continuation, either in story or mechanics, you'll be disappointed. If you're not willing to put up with some rough edges and some mechanics that don't quite work as intended, you'll end up having a hard time. But if you're going for a game that has some of the best storytelling in RPGs in a while, or you're looking for a BioWare RPG to tide yourself over until Mass Effect 3, you won't do much better right now than Dragon Age II.