Dragon Age II Xbox 360

4.5

1. Mar 9, 2011
    Comparing Dragon Age 2 to Dragon Age: Origins, it improves some things but also losing some things in the process.

The combat this time around is fasted paced and satisfying. However, it does take a step back from the tactical RPG that Dragon Age: Origins was. You can still pause the screen to choose actions but the absence of the Tactical Overhead View just simply baffles me. Why would Bioware remove such a good idea and feature from it's sequel? I have no clue.

The player character can now speak in conversations, must like Mass Effect. This in my opinion is a good thing because the silent protagonist in Dragon Age: Origins was really awkward and left much of the decisions you did pick in conversations up to you imagination of what was truly said.

Facial animations are far better but the overall graphics seem lacking in some ways. On the console version I noticed Dragon Age 2 to be alot smoother and less jagged, but seemed less polished. I don't think Bioware was trying to make another Dragon Age: Origins, but was trying to go for something different.
  2. Mar 8, 2011
    You can really tell that the developers wanted to follow in the footsteps of ME2. The game is streamlined and the inventory is cleaned up a great deal. It is by no means a bad game, and i'm finding it very enjoyable and worth the money I spent on it. If you're looking for a direct expansion of DA:0 then you may be left wanting; but if you're looking for a new experience it's definitlyYou can really tell that the developers wanted to follow in the footsteps of ME2. The game is streamlined and the inventory is cleaned up a great deal. It is by no means a bad game, and i'm finding it very enjoyable and worth the money I spent on it. If you're looking for a direct expansion of DA:0 then you may be left wanting; but if you're looking for a new experience it's definitly worth your time. Bottom line is, you have to ask yourself, has Bioware let you down before? If you answer yes, you might want to pass on this title. You really have to look at it as a completely new game, rather than an expansion, or even extension of DA:O, and if you can do that, then you'll have fun with it. Expand
  3. Mar 18, 2011
    Hi All,
    Hi All,
    I'd just like to say that this game does not deserve a ZERO! I know some people will be angry at me, but anyone who gave a 0 score should seriously take a step back and think about it... I have revised my previous review from a 9 to an 8 - or 7.5 if the scale would permit - after about 38 more huors of play, but a zero???!!! What is wrong with you??!! If this game ain't your cup of tea then I can see giving it a 4-5, but any score lower is a clear indication that you SHOULD NOT BE REVIEWING VIDEO GAMES! I have been a gamer for over 20 years, and I believe a score of lower than 4 must come from someone who has not looked at this game objectively. If you hate the genre so much, stick to FPS and racing games, because your review can not be taken seriously. As a added note, anyone who has been following Bioware from the beginning (ehem... - Silvermaul) I understand your frustration caused by this games lack of ability to meet the high standards set by games like KOTOR, Baldur's Gate (one of my all time favorites) and of course who can forget Mass Effect 1 and 2 - however, this is still a decent game. ZERO! - come on folks, that is ridiculous!
  4. Mar 9, 2011
    Just really fun. Maybe we expect too much from Bioware. I can see why some people are disappointed, but in the end Dragon Age 2 is an extremely good game, set in a beautiful game world that is really fun to play. Sometimes that is enough.
  5. Mar 9, 2011
    Purchased, played for a bit, saw the same levels copy/pasted all over the place. This is a sloppy addition to the dragon age series. A clear cash in, 1 year development time, with bought off reviews and 'high praises' from random people that have clearly been hired to inflate the rating on metacritic.

I just hope Bioware has enough dignity left for a proper DA:O sequel.. god forbid this happens to ME.

6. Mar 8, 2011
    Honestly, rating this game as a 3 or below is absolutely ridiculous. Ratings like that are saved for games that are completely broken, which this clearly is not. If the new combat system isn't your particular cup of tea, IT DOES NOT MAKE THIS A BAD GAME. And, Deadalious, we're talking about a video game, not "pizza". Get a job in politics if you want to use retarded metaphors.

Personally,

Personally, I happen to enjoy the newer, more fast-paced combat system just as much as the older one. So far, the story is great, and an actual main character with a voice and personality is one of the best inclusions. I'm not so sure why everyone is freaking out over the dialogue wheel either. The game obviously has its flaws, and yes, the series pales in comparison to Mass Effect of Elder Scrolls, but it is absolutely not a bad game whatsoever. I have spent the past 13 years of my life playing as many RPG's as I can get my hands on, and DA2 really does deliver, despite a couple of flaws. Don't listen to anyone saying this game is anything less than mediocre.
  7. Mar 8, 2011
    This game is pretty good. Comparing to previous game:
    + Less generic story and setting, no ususal boring you are chosen one crap, The stroy feels less childish compared to the first installment in the series.
    This game is pretty good. Comparing to previous game:
    + Class system got reballanced. Warriors became more interesting to play (their abilities are a bit cartoonish, but they now have more versalitie and uses, thats more important, i think).

- Restrictions to playable characters customizations. Unability to choose a specialization may be a good or bad thing (they have custom specializations, usually quite interesting ones, but only one, and they cant choose one of the specializations aviable for player. you have to play 3 times with different classes to see all of them), but the inventory restrictions is just playin lazieness of developers. Linear location argument is crap. Locations usually have branches and overall feeling is the same to dao, nothing has changed, became worse or better. Gameplay hasnt changed much, the only difference - it looks a little faster due to new animations (i dont have problems with that) and warriors now have more active role in combat (they can cc and aoe right from the start, they are as usefull as mages are). It doesnt feel like slasher, it feels like dao. Design changes arent that much of a deal. You dont see darkspawn often, Flemeth looks hot and qunari looks more interesting (change in their appearance seem quite unbeliavable and radical though, but who cares, you didnt seen them much in dao). Quests seem of the same quality, i even think da2's are better, but so far nothing to remember (i havent finished the game yet though). But they dont seem boring or tedious, so i am genereally satisfied.
  8. Mar 9, 2011
    I'm highly surprised at all the negative user reviews on this site. I played the game for about 4 hours last night and could barely pull myself away from the TV at midnight. Dragon Age: Origins had its share of problems, from clunky combat to (yes, it's true) linear gameplay and maps. I'm not sure why people would say DA2 is more linear than DA:O though. When I got to Kirkwall, I had aboutI'm highly surprised at all the negative user reviews on this site. I played the game for about 4 hours last night and could barely pull myself away from the TV at midnight. Dragon Age: Origins had its share of problems, from clunky combat to (yes, it's true) linear gameplay and maps. I'm not sure why people would say DA2 is more linear than DA:O though. When I got to Kirkwall, I had about 10 different quests I could complete right off the bat. And while I was completing those quests, 3 or 4 more popped up out of random encounters with NPCs. The combat is much more action-packed and less just pressing buttons while your character yells at you for doing so. It feels like you're actually controlling your character and you can issue more than one command at a time without feeling like an idiot. As for the maps, they are somewhat linear but no more so than in DA:O. The graphics could have been better, as they don't really offer much over DA:O but they still look pretty good on the 360.

For those people complaining about DLC, just stop it. If you don't want to shell out the 800 points for it, then don't. If you had pre-ordered the game and gotten in on the Signature Edition deal, you would have gotten a slew of DLC for free right off the bat so I have no sympathy. So far the story is also solid and loading a DA:O save really adds to the background you hear from characters within the game. My score could change as I get further into the game, but so far it seems like an engaging, action-packed adventure that compliments the original very well. All the negative reviews on here sound like RPG fanboys that just didn't get what they wanted.
  9. Mar 9, 2011
    I think a lot of users here are unfairly beating this game up, not for what it is, but for what it isn't. This isn't Baldur's Gate 2 with improved graphics. Sensibilities by most gamers have change since the release of BG2, so re-releasing it with prettier graphics wouldn't cut it either. This game has note been diluted to the point that most would lead you to believe - this game still hasI think a lot of users here are unfairly beating this game up, not for what it is, but for what it isn't. This isn't Baldur's Gate 2 with improved graphics. Sensibilities by most gamers have change since the release of BG2, so re-releasing it with prettier graphics wouldn't cut it either. This game has note been diluted to the point that most would lead you to believe - this game still has more of an "RPG" heart than Mass Effect 2. Skill trees still exist and tactical combat pausing still is a must (especially on the harder difficulties).

Sure, Bioware "streamlined" the game over DA:O - but I would argue most of the changes were for the better. Trap making, for example, has gone by the wayside, but I would venture to bet that 90% of DA:O players on consoles never touched most of these "advanced" features. Combat is FAR superior to the console version of DA:O - it is far more engaging and faster paced. Graphics are also much improved over the console version of it's predecessor.

Voice work is almost uniformly excellent. I may be in the minority, but I don't think much was lost by going with the conversation wheel. In DA:O, you may have had 6 canned lines to choose from, but in most cases, they'd only lead to 2 different responses anyway. I think this lack of this perceived conversation finesse is largely overstated.

I admire Bioware for the chances it took with the story in DAII. Many will fault it because it doesn't follow the generic fantasy trope of "saving the world from the bad guy" (as much as I enjoyed DA:O, I felt like its story often fell too much on the "generic fantasy" side of fence). At least this story takes some chances by going against the expectation with its tale of political intrigue and shades of gray decision making. The scope is reduced, but the result is a quality, yet tighter, tale.

If you come in with an open mind and not have expectations of this being Baldur's Gate 3, you will enjoy the improved graphics, faster paced combat, and compelling story.
  10. Mar 9, 2011
    What's with all the trolls? I am about 9 hours into the game and loving it. This morning at work all i could think of was getting back to the game. The story is fantastic, the graphics are much better than the original, and the combat is fun in medium, and quite challenging in hard. A great game from BioWare!
  11. Mar 9, 2011
    Wow, the low scores for this game are incredible. I understand the fan base of true Bioware RPGs being upset over this simplified version of a great game. When you look at the game as a whole without bias, you find a surprisingly good game. In the end the story elements come together. The small quirks are amazing, and they do feed some nerdcore passions. My main issue is a city thatWow, the low scores for this game are incredible. I understand the fan base of true Bioware RPGs being upset over this simplified version of a great game. When you look at the game as a whole without bias, you find a surprisingly good game. In the end the story elements come together. The small quirks are amazing, and they do feed some nerdcore passions. My main issue is a city that is supposedly filled with refugees and is the largest city in the Free Marches is almost completely empty and pristine. Now I do like the combat system, because on the PC you can truly delve a little deeper into the game. Truth is Bioware is in this business to make money and catering to we few hardcore RPG gamers does not always pay off. Now I wait for 8 mos till Elder Scrolls: Skyrim hits the market. Expand
  12. Mar 9, 2011
    Loads of improvements over the original. Main character being voiced is a huge plus. Genuinely care about what I'm doing. About half way through and really enjoying it.
  13. Mar 9, 2011
    Don't listen to the haters rating the game below 5, they are hardcore nerds mad that the game is now more accessible to a broader audience. This game lives up to all the hype and is a ton of fun to play. Well worth the $60 in my books.
  14. Mar 9, 2011
    After seeing all these negative review scores, I had to create an account to chime in. I was hesitant at first to believe that Dragon Age 2 would be better than DAO, but after playing all my fears were erased. The character customization is better, the itemization is better, the VO acting is better, the combat is WAY better, and everything else has been streamlined. I went back to play DAOAfter seeing all these negative review scores, I had to create an account to chime in. I was hesitant at first to believe that Dragon Age 2 would be better than DAO, but after playing all my fears were erased. The character customization is better, the itemization is better, the VO acting is better, the combat is WAY better, and everything else has been streamlined. I went back to play DAO after my first session in DA2 as a comparison and i realized how clunky it really was. DA2 ftw Expand
  15. Mar 9, 2011
    I was genuinely looking forward to this game. I didn't think DA: O was a perfect game, but it was a solid RPG with only a few little problems could have been ironed out. Expecting that from DA2, I was severely disappointed. It seems the developers were just trying to cash in on the success of the first; this game is ugly, corny, and shallow. DO NOT BUY IT.
  16. Mar 8, 2011
    Improving on Dragon Age: Origins in almost every way, Dragon Age II brings a ton of great characters to the series and manages to deftly pack all of the strategy of the console version into a faster, more entertaining combat system. There's a ton of strategy there if you're looking for it (I'm a fan of the Rogue's upgraded Back-to-Back skill coupled with my mage's upgraded Mind Blast - itImproving on Dragon Age: Origins in almost every way, Dragon Age II brings a ton of great characters to the series and manages to deftly pack all of the strategy of the console version into a faster, more entertaining combat system. There's a ton of strategy there if you're looking for it (I'm a fan of the Rogue's upgraded Back-to-Back skill coupled with my mage's upgraded Mind Blast - it stuns everyone around you, and the Rogue teleports next to you to deal nothing but Critical Hits to stunned enemies). On the surface somethings have changed since DA:O, but after a few hours it still feels very much like it's predecessor, but with a bevy of solid improvements. Collapse
  17. Mar 9, 2011
    th1s game is so awsome! omggg it deserves like. an 11/10. my mom bot it 4 me 4 my bday an i havnt been able to put it down yet!!!!!!!! the only reson this gaem has a low score is cuz of the mean ppl at **** /v/ board r mad and dont like the game even tho they never playd it so their trying 2 raid medacritic 2 give it a low score by all giving it a 1
  18. Mar 8, 2011
    I've loved this game! The dialogue is much improved, the animation is infinitely better than Origins, the characters are a whole lot more fun, and seemingly less archetypal (I've only played for 3 hours), and the voice-acting is superb. Bioware took everything that was good about Origins, and combined it with the wonders of Mass Effect. The only thing I've had some problems with is theI've loved this game! The dialogue is much improved, the animation is infinitely better than Origins, the characters are a whole lot more fun, and seemingly less archetypal (I've only played for 3 hours), and the voice-acting is superb. Bioware took everything that was good about Origins, and combined it with the wonders of Mass Effect. The only thing I've had some problems with is the long, constant loading screens. Overall though, I've absolutely loved the game. Expand
  19. Mar 9, 2011
    Improved upon in almost every way. More immersive, better storytelling mechanics (especially the fact that relationships develop over a series of years) and combat is just downright more fun. If you think the graphics are worse than the original, you are lying to yourself. The combat is strategic as ever, just FASTER AND MORE FUN. The abilities all actually DO something, unlike DA:OImproved upon in almost every way. More immersive, better storytelling mechanics (especially the fact that relationships develop over a series of years) and combat is just downright more fun. If you think the graphics are worse than the original, you are lying to yourself. The combat is strategic as ever, just FASTER AND MORE FUN. The abilities all actually DO something, unlike DA:O where you spent points on things you would never use. And if you really have a problem with the dialog wheel, go play D&D in your basement. Interactive cinema is what its all about. Expand
  20. Mar 8, 2011
    I find it highly interesting that there are so many user reviews posted, particularly negative reviews, after the game just came out. I will say up front that I have not yet finished Dragon Age, but I am more than half way through. So far, the game is a vast improvement over Origins, from the streamlined combat, to a more central protagonist. To those complaining over the changes to theI find it highly interesting that there are so many user reviews posted, particularly negative reviews, after the game just came out. I will say up front that I have not yet finished Dragon Age, but I am more than half way through. So far, the game is a vast improvement over Origins, from the streamlined combat, to a more central protagonist. To those complaining over the changes to the core mechanics and Bioware's aim at a more casual audience, grow up. If you haven't realized it, developers need to make money, in fact to some extent that's the goal. Appealing to a larger audience doesn't mean they've thrown quality out the window, it just means they've made a smart business decision.

Ranting aside, the combat is more visceral, the story more structured, the graphics substantially upgraded. If your a fan of RPG's and open to change, I can't recommend this game enough. To those who feel scorned by the changes, just stick with it and give it a chance. If after you've fully played it and still come away unimpressed, your entitled to your opinions. Aside from that, giving it a score of 1 and 0 just because you feel let down is an injustice to this game.
  21. Mar 8, 2011
    I'll be quick. This game improves combat for the better, the visuals are a step forward (in the dragon age universe at least) the story is much more..... focused (for lack of a better term) and the characters that bioware introduce to us never seem to feel annoying or useless to a point where you feel like murdering them in their sleep. There are flaws, but honestly, perfection is in theI'll be quick. This game improves combat for the better, the visuals are a step forward (in the dragon age universe at least) the story is much more..... focused (for lack of a better term) and the characters that bioware introduce to us never seem to feel annoying or useless to a point where you feel like murdering them in their sleep. There are flaws, but honestly, perfection is in the eye of the beholder and when a game of this scope manages to keep everything on track with little to no fat hanging over the side, that spells damn close to perfection in my books. This game is designed to add to the wrecking ball that sits between gamers and non gamers and it does a great job, a lot of super RPG nerds will feel let down and even be angered by the streamlining of the RPG mechanics and the game in general, but if you're like me and enjoy having a fun time and soaking in the story then look no further than dragon age 2. A side note... due to the 1-10 rounding system used here at metacritic it says a 9 for me but its much closer to a 9.3. Expand
  22. Mar 8, 2011
    Fantastic Game.. I love all Bioware games. The gameplay is much better than the first version. The story is so much more intriguing, the combat is much more accessible and the best part is the length of the game
  23. Mar 9, 2011
    Dragon Age II was one of my most anticipated games of 2011, I loved the first game a bunch, that's why it was my choice for Game of the Year 2009. So obviously I couldn't wait to get my hands on the new game. Was it worth the wait, .... uhh..... kinda. I have to admit, Dragon Age II is not as good as I thought it would be, but it's still a really good game. The game takes place 30 yearsDragon Age II was one of my most anticipated games of 2011, I loved the first game a bunch, that's why it was my choice for Game of the Year 2009. So obviously I couldn't wait to get my hands on the new game. Was it worth the wait, .... uhh..... kinda. I have to admit, Dragon Age II is not as good as I thought it would be, but it's still a really good game. The game takes place 30 years after Dragon Age Origins, and this time the game has a real protaganist. Garret Hawke, who is trying to secure his family to protect them from the Blight. Story-wise, the game is ok. I have to say, I think it's badass that your character actually talks this time. The game seems to operate more on the Mass Effect engine this time, Fans of Mass Effect will be very familiar with the layout of the game. Unlike the first game, Dragon Age II plays more like a hack-n-slash. You're not just watching your party do all the work this time, however, your only melee button is A, or in the PS3's case it's X. So you really have to maneuver around your enemies this time. Rogues are more hack-n-slash than the other classes because your primary weapon of choice as a rogue is dual weilding daggers. This was my first choice in DA2, was to be a rogue, I always start as a rogue in these kinds of games. Obviously, this game has huge differences that seperate it from Origins. There's less freedom this time, since the game has a real protaganist this time, you can't choose your race, you're stuck with being a human. So if you were hoping to be an elf or a dwarf, you're out of luck. That disapointed me, because I was always an elf in the first game. You can still customize your character though, and just like in Mass Effect 2, you can import your save from Origins, so the choices you made in Origins affect how DA2 will run, which is a very nice add on. Leveling up and equipting your characters works the same way it did in Origins. and of course you still have to keep your party members happy. Another complaint I had with DA2 is the soundtrack. It's nowhere near as deep and intense as the music from Origins. Origins has some of the best music in a game I have ever heard, but the music in DA2 was indeed a downgrade. Compare the two soundtracks, you'll fins that the Origins soundtrack is way better. Another complaint is how the game even has a protaganist in the first place. Origins was all about choosing your Origin, and building your own story. The game started differently every time, depending on your race and origin, that's why it was called Dragon Age Origins. This gave players the freedom to build up their own story of adventure, that was the magic of Dragon Age. In DA2, it's gone, you follow the story that Bioware gave you. Which is fine, but again, DA was about making your own tale of adventures, so yet another downgrade. Overall, it's still a fun game, but the awesome freedom that DA Origins had is gone, and that really downs the game quite a bit. However it is still very enjoyable. Fun combat system, nice story, very memorable characters, and a good choice system. Not Game of the Year quality, but still a great game. 8/10. Expand
  24. Mar 9, 2011
    A great follow up to Origins. Bioware has changed enough of the menus and controls to keep it fresh yet familiar. The graphics are superb and the music sets the right mood. One thing that was kind of a disappoint in Origins was the "silent hero" problem but that has been addressed with solid voice acting. You are also able to import your decisions from Origins and Awakening into DA2. EvenA great follow up to Origins. Bioware has changed enough of the menus and controls to keep it fresh yet familiar. The graphics are superb and the music sets the right mood. One thing that was kind of a disappoint in Origins was the "silent hero" problem but that has been addressed with solid voice acting. You are also able to import your decisions from Origins and Awakening into DA2. Even RPG fans that didn't enjoy the first Dragon Age should give this one a shot. Remember this is just my opinion but I hope you will find it helpful. Expand
  25. Mar 9, 2011
    This game is AWESOME! Don't believe all the obvious trolls out there. They fixed all my complaints with Origins and I'm having a blast playing this game. It's obvious that the people who are giving crappy reviews haven't even played the game. Buy it! You won't be disappointed.
  26. Mar 9, 2011
    Im a level 7 right now and I give this a 10 so far.I find it hard to believe 180 users have played through out this whole game already, then rushed to Metacritic to review it and take the time to warn others of a Illuminati conspiracy of gaming developers taking the fun out of gaming. Most all the negative reviews are from new accounts. Not clever enough trolls.
  27. Mar 8, 2011
    The best RPG ever, you never played as fun and tactical party RPG combats, it's the biggest and most interesting town that you ever seen in RPG. There are many player choices with consequences on the story. The story is very well written and will make your eyes wet many times. Some companions are much more attaching than any companion of DAO. DA2 fixes many weakness of DAO, the fights areThe best RPG ever, you never played as fun and tactical party RPG combats, it's the biggest and most interesting town that you ever seen in RPG. There are many player choices with consequences on the story. The story is very well written and will make your eyes wet many times. Some companions are much more attaching than any companion of DAO. DA2 fixes many weakness of DAO, the fights are better balanced and more deep. DAO fights was ridiculously easy and now at Hard difficulty they are hard and at Nightmare it's a real challenge. In DAO the companions was sort of dead puppets once out of the camp. Now they are lively and really participate to the adventure, and even, your companions will influence the evolution of the story. In DAO you had only very few build per class, now in DA2 you have plenty more builds making you character building a lot more fun and deep. In one play through DA2 isn't as long than in DAO, because of the multiples alternatives coming from player choices and companions choose the replays are much more interesting and setup a longer play value with replays. Expand
  28. Mar 9, 2011
    I have loved it so far. Still getting used to it. My only griped is the inventory system. I really enjoyed the DA:O setup and being able to customize everyone. This is a great game though.
  29. Mar 9, 2011
    Wow, F-ing priks! Go play the game and stop trolling like this! Just because you don't care for the direction the game is going, you shouldn't spam MC like this. Ha, those 144 0's and 1's are probably from all the PC gamers left. Get a console and stop crying.
  30. Mar 12, 2011
    Dragon Age II is an astoundingly good game. Having now played for around 10 hours I can say with a measured opinion that it has met and surpassed all my expectations. I completed Origins and poured over 112 hours into the game. I am by no means a simple fan boy and would have been bitterly disappointed had I not thought Bioware had put the same level of skill and commitment into theDragon Age II is an astoundingly good game. Having now played for around 10 hours I can say with a measured opinion that it has met and surpassed all my expectations. I completed Origins and poured over 112 hours into the game. I am by no means a simple fan boy and would have been bitterly disappointed had I not thought Bioware had put the same level of skill and commitment into the sequel. I have not been disappointed and I fail to see where and why all the user criticism spawns from on this page. I loved Origins and I feel no hesitation in stating that I believe DA2 is a much improved game.
    The pacing is much faster and more exciting, whilst keeping the focus of the narrative throughout - something Origins failed to do at times (there's a Blight going on?).
    The action and fighting dynamics have seriously been improved. Remember people this is the Xbox 360 version we are reviewing and as a console version, it's fighting mechanics have been vastly improved. It's fluid, it's faster and ultimately, it's more exciting. There seems to be a theme arising that people believe it is more like a button basher now. Can I remind you that the sole difference there is that now rather than simply pressing A once and having the character automatically attack, you now do so yourself. I fail to see why this is a negative.
    The story is gripping and the character dynamics and interaction is as superb as it was in the original but with the vast improvement of a fully voiced character. Furthermore, the characters are equally as funny, original and likeable as they were in the original - with the exception of maybe Morrigan (a favourite of mine).
    The graphics are, as expected, a considerable improvement and the scale of Kirkwall is impressive. Another complaint stems from the fact that the majority of the game is played within it's boundaries but this is by no means a bad thing. In fact, it makes perfect sense for the story which is being portrayed.
    Please, if you are considering buying this game, do not be put off by the overtly harsh criticism on this site and do so. If you are a fan of rpgs and most particularly if you enjoyed the first game, I implore you to play this game: you will not regret it.
  31. Mar 8, 2011

1. Aug 3, 2011
    I'll give Bioware points for trying to do something different in their world, but they really did have it right the first time in terms of character building and the scope of the story.
  2. May 1, 2011
    Faulty game mechanics and disappointing maps, combat scenarios and storyline direction aside, Dragon Age II still has a surprising amount of intrigue hidden beneath the blemishes. The depth of character relationships, as well as the complex nature of the world of the Dragon Age franchise are a savior to a game that would otherwise forever be remembered by its mistakes.
  3. Apr 22, 2011
    Above all, it seems like Dragon Age II is an experiment. If you're a fan of the first game and expect a direct continuation, either in story or mechanics, you'll be disappointed. If you're not willing to put up with some rough edges and some mechanics that don't quite work as intended, you'll end up having a hard time. But if you're going for a game that has some of the best storytelling in RPGs in a while, or you're looking for a BioWare RPG to tide yourself over until Mass Effect 3, you won't do much better right now than Dragon Age II.