Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen Xbox 360

8.3

1. May 28, 2013
    This was a very disappointing game. The AI is poor, the world is dull and lacks many interesting areas, the bosses take far too long to kill and there is literally no story or even interesting side quests. There are also numerous glitches that either haven't been addressed or have been added to the game such as falling through the floor in certain areas, and the enemies never seem to fightThis was a very disappointing game. The AI is poor, the world is dull and lacks many interesting areas, the bosses take far too long to kill and there is literally no story or even interesting side quests. There are also numerous glitches that either haven't been addressed or have been added to the game such as falling through the floor in certain areas, and the enemies never seem to fight each other. Why are the bandits attacking me and not the large Cyclops smashing everyone?

Despite all of its short-comings, the game does have many good aspects such as the character customization and fighting, for the most part. But be aware, this game is very much cooperative as you will be travelling with pawns the whole game unless you kill them off. And they never shut up!

It is such a shame that a game with such potential fails to live up to everything I was hoping for. I can only recommend it if you are enthralled by RPGs and Hack and Slash games, otherwise I wouldn't pick this game up. It is surprisingly addictive, but highly unpolished and glitch in many areas.
  2. Jun 29, 2013
    Dragons Dogma to start off was pretty bad. Boring story, I couldn't believe how boring it was. And it's super annoying NPC's. Your "Pawns" will never shut up, they say the same things over and over again to the point where I muted my TV. Dark Arisen isn't even worth getting either because it fixes "some" of the issues in this game, only some. Its unrelenting difficulty in Dark Arisen isDragons Dogma to start off was pretty bad. Boring story, I couldn't believe how boring it was. And it's super annoying NPC's. Your "Pawns" will never shut up, they say the same things over and over again to the point where I muted my TV. Dark Arisen isn't even worth getting either because it fixes "some" of the issues in this game, only some. Its unrelenting difficulty in Dark Arisen is something that set a lot of people off, I beat the game and DLC, and both were pretty awful. The only thing I loved in this game was its setting and combat, the boss battles are the best since God of War, or Castlevania. I don't see what people like in this game? I am probably going to get a lot of dislikes and I don't really care. The games color pallet is flat out boring, it looks good from a far, but otherwise character models are horrid and the colors are so plain. The quests, even the main quests, are not even worth doing they once again I'll use this word, they are BORING. I forgot the difference between main quests and side quests. I give it a 5/10. Hate all you want, but that's what it deserves and people deserve to know. Expand

1. Sep 16, 2013
    Dragon`s Dogma is a surprise. The new content and graphics are nice, but not more. The game scores with its good price and with all additional content.
  2. Jul 18, 2013
    There's no getting around it: Dark Arisen is difficult. There are moments when playing it that it may even feel like it's impossible and completely unfair, but the feeling of beating this title makes the incredibly tough adventure well worth it.
  3. Jul 14, 2013
    Bitterblack Island is a truly solid challenge bringing fun and atmosphere that is, however, suffering from the game's monotonous setting, limited space manoeuvring, and the game's linearity. Still, if you've never played Dragon's Dogma, you'll get the original heavy title along with this expansion pack.