Dragon's Dogma Xbox 360

7.9

1. Nov 14, 2012
    This is a seriously solid adventure game. Do not hesitate, just try it. I tried the demo and wasn't convinced. I almost didn't buy the game because of some very negative reviews. But trust me, this game adds a lot to the genre and other developers should take notes. Let me just point some features that make this game so great. Combat is rewarding, but most reviewers put too much emphasisThis is a seriously solid adventure game. Do not hesitate, just try it. I tried the demo and wasn't convinced. I almost didn't buy the game because of some very negative reviews. But trust me, this game adds a lot to the genre and other developers should take notes. Let me just point some features that make this game so great. Combat is rewarding, but most reviewers put too much emphasis on it. It's the little things that surprise you. Like when you walk across a river, at night, and your pawn warns you not to get soaked. But then you do get soaked and your lantern goes off. At night, it's dark... really dark. When you're blinded, you can't see a thing. When you carry too much, you walk really slowly. You can make you're own arrows with branches taken from dead trees and dip them into poison. You can climb on rocks, explore long beaches for hidden treasures, etc. I must say the tone is a little on the Fable-side, which is a little too light for me. You don't have conversations with NPCs, which is a drag at first. But the graphics are gorgeous. The character creation system is very deep and it's great to be able to create a companion you know will be with you the whole game. Some have complained about the lack of fast-travel system. Well those ae babies fed with this generation of games which makes it all too easy on the player. If you're too far away to walk back, well just remember to prepare for an adventure next time. I would've liked a lock-on feature for fights (Dark Souls). It is my main complain about combat. Pawns are not as stupid as some reviewers make it sound. They are actually very helpful and knowing some other player around the world might use your pawn in his adventure makes it more rewarding to craft it with taste. This game can be tough at first, but you quickly get the hang of it and then it's a fun ride if you like to explore a breathing and dangerous world. Expand
  2. Dec 12, 2012
    Really a wonderful game that was far more than I expected it to be. From the looks of it, I think that the developers had also not expected it to be as much of a success as it was. The PAWN system was a great idea that I loved using. I really loved exploring other people's creations and how I could make my own and have it ranked as well. Excellent combat and styles: I actually tried allReally a wonderful game that was far more than I expected it to be. From the looks of it, I think that the developers had also not expected it to be as much of a success as it was. The PAWN system was a great idea that I loved using. I really loved exploring other people's creations and how I could make my own and have it ranked as well. Excellent combat and styles: I actually tried all the classes and they're all great (though I did prefer the Magical Archer class.) Character and PAWN customization was great, but considering just how many people & PAWNS there are it did feel a little limited. More clothing, Armor, weapon, hair, tattoo types would have been nice just to try and make a good looking PAWN that stood out (without having to make it a purple midget.) Overall: I say this is a wonderful first game of what I hope will become a franchise. Hopefully Capcom are taking notes and improve upon the formula for the sequel. Expand
  3. Dec 22, 2014
    Its one of the best games i played. It have some very specific mechanics which take some time to get used to. For example, you have to read description of every single new item you acquire. This way you can see how its used in crafting or otherwise useable and decide, should you take this type of items in future ar not. Or maybe you shall take it for sale. If you take everything, you willIts one of the best games i played. It have some very specific mechanics which take some time to get used to. For example, you have to read description of every single new item you acquire. This way you can see how its used in crafting or otherwise useable and decide, should you take this type of items in future ar not. Or maybe you shall take it for sale. If you take everything, you will be over encumbered very fast. If you take nothing, you will lack many cool possibilities and will be underpowered. Apart from items game is truly brilliant. Its much more fun than Skyrim. Assimetric multiplayer (pawns system) makes it even better. You never had so fun and intelligent ai-driven companions. This game is underrated. I made metacritic account especially to rate this game 10. Capcom should make sequel. And if you will decide to buy it, buy it with expansion Dark Arisen. Expand
  4. Jan 27, 2013
    This game is one of the best games I played in 2012, I found myself playing this over Skyrim 90% of the time. It does have its problems like any other game but its boss battles and unique lv system more than make up for it. I wouldn't be surprised if Capcom makes a sequel to this game and make it as epic as it could have been if they took more time. The problems I found with this game wasThis game is one of the best games I played in 2012, I found myself playing this over Skyrim 90% of the time. It does have its problems like any other game but its boss battles and unique lv system more than make up for it. I wouldn't be surprised if Capcom makes a sequel to this game and make it as epic as it could have been if they took more time. The problems I found with this game was the lack of random events in the world, in a game like this with a massive map there should always be things going on that a player can engage him/herself in. Also the lack of fast-travel makes it take longer to finish a quest and sometimes makes it an inconveniences to even want to do that quest. Other than those problems I really enjoyed myself and still play this game always trying to find secrets and other epic loot in the game. I recommend it for Demon Souls players and Monster Hunter players, it Expand
  5. Dec 8, 2015
    I wholeheartedly believe this is one of the best games of last generation, but incredibly overlooked because of a few minor flaws that upset critics (aka muh action and progression driven rpg doesnt have enough story.)

A few brief points - Amazing graphics and effects for a 360 game (though the letterbox and fps drops will kill you) -Terrific Pawn AI that learns as you learn, and can

A few brief points
    -Terrific Pawn AI that learns as you learn, and can learn from other players that summon it. As such if you play like an idiot the whole game your pawn will too. (Another thing that upset reviewers.)
    - Probably the best character progression in a game (Go from a lone fisherman to a crazy **** magic archer who lights himself on fire and jumps on chimera's and burns them to death)
    -Bitterblack Isle is the best add on content in terms of difficulty. It adds dozens and dozens of more hours of gameplay, a huge dungeon that punishes the player at every turn yet remains fair and rewarding. The jump in difficulty is marvelous as up till this point the game has been more or less pretty easy. BBI will make you rethink that though as it pushes your **** in over and over, making you rethink your strategy each time, what items you should be using etc.
    -The most satisfying and interactive combat system in a video game. I don't know any other games where you can personally climb up a cyclops and stab their eye out with your dagger, or hold on to the wing of a dragon as it flies and slice its wings to make it crash to the ground. Not to mention the ridiculous magic system as well (Summon tornados, meteors or huge towers of ice)
    -A Controversial but new way of playing NG+. NG+ resets the world state to its original state, meaning all enemies are as weak as they were at the beginning of the game, yet your character is just as strong. This is a double edged sword, because of this if you play the same vocation the game is a cakewalk, but it's moreso to let people who want to change vocations who are at the end of the game do so without getting their ass kicked over and over again in BBI. I'm ok with it but not everyone is a fan of it.

Regardless this is the best RPG and probably one of the best games of last gen. I love it to pieces, have bought it twice before and will be buying it again when it's released for PC next month.
  6. Mar 12, 2015
    I'm going to be completely honest here: I wouldn't recommend this game to most people.

It's great to me personally and I could go on listing the fantastic points this game has. But, some of the aspects that I enjoy, others wouldn't. For example, the world is huge and thus you have to travel everywhere by foot due there being no fast travel (although there is once you get far into the game but it is very limited). I enjoy this though due to the exploration aspect. The pawns (emotionless companions that travel with the player) add a creative and brilliant flair to the game, yet others may find them annoying, boring and constantly in the way.

Great game; not for everyone.
  7. Mar 30, 2016
    Dragon's Dogma is one of the most underrated games of all time. It was released about 6 months after Skyrim, and only 3 months after Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning, so naturally very few people purchased it. The game has beautiful graphics, amazing lighting effects, and a giant open world. The sound design is top notch and the voice acting is decent. It has the most fluid and responsiveDragon's Dogma is one of the most underrated games of all time. It was released about 6 months after Skyrim, and only 3 months after Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning, so naturally very few people purchased it. The game has beautiful graphics, amazing lighting effects, and a giant open world. The sound design is top notch and the voice acting is decent. It has the most fluid and responsive character animations and controls I have ever played (imagine The Witcher 3 if Geralt controlled much less like a drunk monkey). All action RPGs should take note of the nearly flawless 3rd person controls in this game. The weapons/armor customization/upgrades are incredibly addicting, and the enemies are varied, plentiful, and often very tough. The one major problem with the game is the weak generic story. The pawn system was innovative and awesome, but unfortunately the game is so old now that you will only really benefit from any online friends you have that are also still playing the game and can recruit your pawn. You MUST get the Dark Arisen version of the game, as it adds a gigantic difficult dungeon and most importantly fast travel beacons that can be placed anywhere in the world. Expand

1. Aug 3, 2012
    A unique hybrid between japanese and western rpg's featuring extensive customisation options, fun fights and indirect but rewarding ways to help (and be helped by) other players.
    Although I did know what kind of game Dragon's Dogma was when I picked it up, I was hoping that it would be different, have something I found compelling, something I could get addicted to and want to spend my time with. But for me, this kind of 'old school' gaming found in Dragon's Dogma is simply tedious and rarely enjoyable.
  3. Hyper Magazine