7.8

1. Apr 30, 2013
    As a dark souls and a monster hunter fan, I think this game is terrible. Unrewarding melee combat, glitchy camera. This feels like a huge indie, unprofessional game ala "two world" (which was also terrible). Really disappointed with this game.
  2. Jan 2, 2013
    This game is a lazy effort. The enemies are too difficult, killing the player in 2-3 hits despite being at a relatively high level, grabbing the player and inflicting damage while the player has to WAIT to be able to free himself and some even possess the ability to kill the player in one hit that cannot be defended against. The character moves too slowly to compete with enemies who move at the speed of sound. The DLC is complete trash being nothing but items that weaken your character, boring "fetch quests" (Kill 30 undead, Collect 50 Tokens) or pointless game modes that add nothing to the overall experience of the game (SPEED RUN MODE IN A BLOODY RPG??). The storyline is more JRPG than RPG giving the player no control over the flow of the story except to move from one plot point to the next. There is no world immersion; the NPCs in the game might as well be part of the scenery. Speaking of the scenery, on more than one occasion, I found myself walking through trees, crates and benches as if they weren't there. Weapons and armor must be purchased at exorbitant prices and there is little to no real treasure to be found in the game. Spells and skills take too long to come to completion in combat making some of the character classes useless as the tachyons masquerading as enemies will frequently interrupt the spell while your allies mill about ignoring any command to defend you. The game's main selling point, the boss battles, isn't even polished. While you can grab enemies and climb about striking weak points, the creature can simply disable all button commands by moving about. Since it takes stamina to hold on, the player will often find themselves out of stamina while frantically hammering the controller produces no effect. The one lone bright spot of the game is the deep character customization. It's also the reason I give this game a 2. Expand
  3. May 22, 2012
    I just do not like this game. The storyline is so boring, dialogues are stupid, and graphics average. And how about gameplay? Not bad, but it could be really better.
  4. Feb 6, 2013
    This is possibly the stupidest game I have ever played. Do not trust the people saying this game "rivals Skyrim". These people are clearly suffering from some sort of mental disorder. I play tons of RPG's (Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Witcher) just to name a few. Dragons Dogma is the lamest attempt at an RPG I've ever witnessed. The story is utterly terrible, the voice acting is god awful, and the graphics are uglier than Whoopi Goldberg.... yes, I went there. The combat that everyone seems to be praising is actually quite basic and boring... nothing impressive. These positive reviewers must be brainwashed from drinking the Capcom kool aid or something. This is one bandwagon I will not be jumping on. Don't waste your money here, there are literally 1000's of other games much more worthy of your time. Expand
  5. May 25, 2012
    no true coop...i'm sure i'm not alone when i say this game could've sold TONS upon TONS more had it of been 4 player true coop multiplayer. soooo disappointed in this, this looked like the perfect merge of monster hunter/dark souls/skyrim with the cool stylized looks and characters you see in resident evil and devil may cry. considering cashcom is all about the cash these days and not their fans, i wonder why they didn't go the multiplayer route...it has and i know it, slashed their sales for this game in a huge way. Expand
  6. Jul 2, 2012
    If you've played and enjoyed roleplaying games over the years then frankly I'd suggest you avoided this game. Capcom doesn't exactly possess an illustrious history and this more than lives up to that reputation. The story is a bland, plastic and just like everything you've already seen before except with the sort of delivery you'd expect from a teenager's let's play youtube video with all the electric guitars and poor voice-acting you'll ever want to hear.

The combat might have some depth but the fact is that it rarely strays from being a chaotic mess that pales in comparison when considered alongside better alternatives. Dragon's Dogma exists as a mash-up between WRPGs and JRPGs and in doing so it sacrifices depth, originality and flair for gimmicks and what can only be described as a laughable attempt at a plot.

1. Aug 3, 2012
    A unique hybrid between japanese and western rpg's featuring extensive customisation options, fun fights and indirect but rewarding ways to help (and be helped by) other players.
    Although I did know what kind of game Dragon's Dogma was when I picked it up, I was hoping that it would be different, have something I found compelling, something I could get addicted to and want to spend my time with. But for me, this kind of 'old school' gaming found in Dragon's Dogma is simply tedious and rarely enjoyable.
  3. Jul 8, 2012